Chennai Traffic Police

Consumer complaints and reviews about Chennai Traffic Police

kankathir

Nov 24, 2022

UNWARRANTED TRAFFIC JAM at THORAIPAKKAM SIGNAL

I am travelling daily from KK Nagar to Okkiampettai on OMR near to Sholinganallur by public transportation bus (MTC). Nowadays traffic jam at the Radial Road junction with OMR at Thoraipakkam (near Jain college) is becoming a big setback causing inordinate delay for our daily travel to our workplace. Though it is a T-Junction, unfortunately it takes minimum 20 to 30 minutes to cross this particular junction. From Perungudi to Thoraipakkam side we are to wait for just only one signal i.e., for the right turn vehicles that are heading from radial road (pallikaranai) towards sholinganallur. Otherwise, there should not be any delay for the straight traffic on OMR from Perungudi to Sholinganalur unlike the opposite direction where we have to wait for two right turns.
Whereas, T-Junction signal at Perungudi (MGR Salai junction with OMR near Apollo hospitals) , we are not facing any problem. All the vehicles cross this area within 2 to 3 minutes. It is acceptable, if this Thoraipakkam signal takes more time like 5 to 10 minutes. But, Unfortunately it takes 30 to 45 minutes at times and even more on some days. If this is a situation now, we are not able to think about the future when metro rail construction starts in full swing.

Actually, the traffic police authorities should device a traffic plan to ease this traffic jam at this particular location where there should not a traffic congestion for more than 10 minutes. Even though we start early from our house to tackle this delay, we are not able reach our office on time put to tremendous pressure mentally and physically when we stand in the bus. Thousands of people suffer daily because of this improper traffic plan and handling at this junction.
I request the traffic department to take immediate action to device a workable solution to clear this issue and make our travel to our work place a pleasant one which would increase out productivity.
SOS
Awaiting your earliest action
Kanmani
Shafee7

Sep 8, 2022

Un known vehicle parked in front of my home at Gillnagar

Un known vehicle parked in fron of my home.. Rani Palace, 52, Gillnagar second street, Choolaimedu, Chennai - 94. More then a week we are doubting its stolen or any antielement vehicle. We request you to take necessary action to remove this vehicle and we are finding very deficulty to park our own vehicle. Vehicle number is TN 02 AF 0114. Maruti Swift vehicle.

Un known vehicle parked in front of my home at Gillnagar

riverviewroad

Aug 12, 2021

Lorry Parking

A lorry is parked in River View Road, Kotturpuram, Chennai - 600 085 for several years and lots of illegal activities are happening inside. Also this will affect water flow in that street during rain. Suitable and immediate action would be greatly appreciated.

Lorry Parking Lorry Parking Lorry Parking

sridevimano

Jun 26, 2021

PEOPLE GATHER WITHOUT SOCIAL DISTANCING

This complaint is regarding a food restaurant which causes nuisances for the following reasons:
1. More than 50 persons gather without social distancing.
2. People who come to that restaurant stand in front of our house and make the place crowded and we d’t find a place to park our vehicles.
3. Youngsters behave badly.
4. Makes the Mannurpet road heavy traffic.

Please take an action on this issue.

Resident of Mogapair

Jun 3, 2020

No Traffic Discipline during and lockdown and even now

This is a general complaint. In my opinion, the Chennai vehicle users, to a large extent, do not follow most of the traffic rules. The main points which are not followed are:
1. Stopping before the stop line at traffic signals. The corporation is also to be blamed for not maintaining these markings to make them visible.
2. Stopping at a Red light, not withstanding the lack of traffic on the other roads.
3. Going the wrong way on one way stretches. Again, proper markings are missing.
4. 3 adults riding two wheelers. Mostly young boys and even girls are seen doing this. Full family of 4 or five people are also seen riding one two wheeler.
5. After corona lockdown, people riding two wheelers have decided to take the option of wearing a mask than helmet. Police also allow people with masks, without helmet, riding on the wrong side of the roads, or even jumping signals.
6. Overtaking from wrong side/dangerously and cutting into the stream.
7. Lane changing without any warning.
8. 4 wheelers with some political flag flying break many rules starting from:
(a) Applying dark sun control films on the door glass panes.
(b) Jumping red light signals.
(c) Overtaking dangerously as if the flag allows them the privilege.
(d) Arguing with Toll Kiosks and getting away without paying any toll.
(e) Being arrogant with the other road users.
9. MTC bus and Metro water drivers are another set who flout most of the rules of the road.

I have no idea, why the police is not resorting to sending challans to defaulters using the Camera footage available to them. Heavy fines alone can bring in some discipline.

Ajith
senthil548

Mar 7, 2020

Traffic signal required at Madhavaram mofsuel bus terminus

It is bring to your kind notice , Today (07.03.2020) morning at 10.30 am I was driving my bike through Moolakadai to Madhavaram roundtana junction via Redhils road in turning area Suddenly heavy vehicle crossed in god grace I escaped. In morning time no one police not controlling there but in evening time they are doing so my humble request your kindly make arrangements traffic signals controls there it is very good because heavy vehicles coming in all the four sides.
Raghavan81

Jul 19, 2019

EXTORTION BY TRAFFIC POLICE FROM PUBLIC

Today Traffic Police extorted Fines from as many as 50 2-wheeler riders for parking of vehicle on side of road while the road did not have any "NO PARKING" sign for nearly 200 mts from the parked area... While asked for explanation "WE KNOW WHAT TO DO" was the answer. This is pure extortion of money without any lawful reason. I am enclosing a collage of pictures to show that there are no sign board in the entire stretch of road in Cenotaph 2nd Lane, Teynampet. This is not an acceptable action from the Chennai Traffic police.

EXTORTION BY TRAFFIC POLICE FROM PUBLIC

Raajsubash

May 30, 2019

Traffic signals not working

I have noticed that,the traffic signals not at all working at Vanagaram near madhuravayal. People are struggling to Cross the road. heavy vehicles are passing there and near by shools and education institution are there. Please consider my request and activate the traffic signal lights.

Rajesh s

May 28, 2019

HIT AND RUN - NEAR ALANDUR (honda dio riders)

ACCIDENT DATE: jan 14 2019
ACCIDENT OCCURED AT: guindy to alandur road, before kathipaara (near thambi vilas restaurant)
ACCIDENT SCENARIO: i was leaving back to home from office, I was travelling on my bike which is royal enfield. when I was riding near Guindy to alandur road, before kathipaara. I was about to climb kathipaara, at that time two guys riding a dio RED with WHITE color (TN 22 DE 3184), hit me from right side directly very very fast (i literaly know that before i got hit by those dio guys that some one else would get hit by them because they where riding so fast like right side to left side and left side to right side and making some noise) even i was travelling at a normal speed MAY BE 40KMPH.. so coming to the point i was directly hit and i and my bike fell down and my Knee got broken and i spent 1.20 lacs for operation and i was at bed rest for 3 months without going to office and still my knee is not normal doc said it would be painfull for life time. Why would i suffer because of some one else carelesness and show-off..please take strict action you can even check the cctv cameras.. occured on jan14 2019 at around 8:45 PM to 9:00 PM.. even the Dio guys were not even wearing a helmet.. that too yesterday also I saw the same set of guys at same place at same time but i couldnt catch those guys all i was able to do was note the bike number..

May 28, 2019

HIT AND RUN - NEAR ALANDUR (honda dio riders)

MY MAIL ID: [email protected]

HIT AND RUN - NEAR ALANDUR

MY MAIL ID : [email protected]
pradeeps123

May 13, 2019

Car hits a two wheler

Greetings!!!

Today 13/05/2019 around 12 20 PM I was driving my two wheeler on Velachery Main Rd, Narayanapuram, Pallikaranai near Jerusalem college/ Balaji Dental College. An Innova (may be a call taxi) was coming behind me and in front of me a load carrier was running. I was travelling in a very low speed around 10Km/h. Suddenly the vehicle before me applied the brake and I aslo applied the brake.. The Innova which was very close to me (I beleive) hit my vehicle and the front bumper hit my back danger light and broke the same. you can check the CCTV camera also.
When I asked him to pay for the damage, he blamed me that I suddenly applied the brake. I was travelling at a very low speed and I applied the brake gradually only. May be he was very close to me and he didnt applied the brake and hit me. When I asked him He was replying very rudely and didn't pay me the amount also .

The vehicle number is TN 07 CJ 8554.

Kindly take a necessary action on this driver and let me know the status through [email protected] if possible.
Megala Nagarajan

Apr 22, 2019

Is the page is really working - Where is the reply from complaint board

Yesterday (21-04-19)around 9pm to 9.30 pm from taylors road to pacchaiappa college signal. the particular two wheeler is crossing the speed limit in talyors road signal.. you can check in the road safety camera.. there are 2 guys on the bike, while i adviced to the guys they not taking my words and talking too badly and no proper response from them.. kindly take an action.. i was travelling with 2 small kids.. there is no safety on the roads. Bike details TN 02 / H-4039, two guys age 20-26(approximately). Atleast please threats the guys. This should not happen repeatedly for some other.

This is my complaint, but i can see so many in this pages but no reply from anyone. i want to know what is the action from police for all these complaints. one policeman said for rash complaint call 103.. that is not working actually then where should i complaint?

Pls work for people. Jai Hind
ravi dhayalan

Apr 9, 2019

Druken and driving and rash driving

Hi Sir,

It was happen on Ambattur (Karuku) on 9-April-2019 , the bus number is TN 21 A 9488, The driver is in heavy drinker at that time, he not fit to drive and he is in driven rash, please take action on him, its my request.
bimalnanda

Feb 28, 2019

Parking in No Parking Area

There is haphazard & indiscriminate parking of two wheelers by the staff of the newly opened Peeyesem Hyundai Showroom at the TTK Road - Luz Church Road crossing under the TTK Road Flyover. The employees of this company have started parking their two wheelers on this portion of TTK Road in a most haphazard and indiscriminate manner. As it is, the entire service road below the flyover is very narrow with absolutely no pedestrian space and on top of it the traffic police also turns a blind eye to this development although they are mostly almost always standing at the traffic signal and yet are unable to or do not take any initiative to stop this unauthorised parking and obstruction of free flow of movement of other vehicles and pedestrians. Why should other legitimate road users suffer. It is not fair on the many ladies, children, senior citizens and physically challenged persons who have absolutely no space to even walk on that narrow stretch. Why should pedestrians be subjected to this hardship & endangering their lives due to commercial benefit of a private company allowing unauthorised parking for their own good & not the welfare of the other legitimate road users. Please take immediate steps to stop this parking and allow free flow & space for the pedestrians. Thank you
Neeraja06K

Feb 2, 2019

Wrong parking in KK Nagar, Chennai

the below vehicle number has been repeatedly parking at the entrance of a residential apartment causing a lot of trouble.

Car Registration number : MH 09 CM 5338.

Please do look into this.
Siddharthsiva

Jan 12, 2019

Rash driving at Chetpet

This car with vehicle number TN 18 AB 5005 suddenly came from parked position to the road without indicator or any signals from the left and I had to brake hard and move right from back ending him, slightly kissed the divider and scratched the right side of my bumber...Even after this he didn't stop and kept on going away...I chased him and got his vehicle number from a signal...He was still driving rash after that and almost hit a biker...He looked like a bit drunk too...Please take some action against him, people like him is danger to the the rest of the people on the road. Hereby attaching the pic I took from the signal.

Rash driving at Chetpet

dawoodali786

Dec 21, 2018

ILLEGAL PARKING IN OMNI VAN

There is one Abandoned Maruthi white Omni van TN-09 J-9496 for past 6 month having lot of serious illegal activities

During nights. Full of garbage in around inside four wheel causing lot of mesquites menace if question they threatened.

Request Chennai traffic police department to immediately put team in place and ensure this abandoned

Car is removed.

Expecting positive and immediate action from Chennai traffic police department.

Spot Address : Inside Wallajah Mosque compound in Triplicane, OPP: Noor Paradise right side service lane.

ILLEGAL PARKING IN OMNI VAN ILLEGAL PARKING IN OMNI VAN ILLEGAL PARKING IN OMNI VAN ILLEGAL PARKING IN OMNI VAN

Sekar_08

Dec 14, 2018

Illegal parking auto in street

I am living in v.o.c street ( retteri). A person with auto stays in rented house, opposite to our house, he always park his auto in street. We have inconvenience taking and parking the car to our house. We informed them about the problem of parking our car and told them to park auto in some other place which will not create any disturbance for others or else adjust the auto while parking our car but still the person inside the house not responding properly. Sometimes they park their auto and bike outside which creates traffic and inconvenience in street and making argument stating that it is public street and here only we will park the auto. Please take necessary action against them.

Illegal parking auto in street Illegal parking auto in street Illegal parking auto in street

Dr.Anjalakshi chandrasekar

Dec 14, 2018

Traffic congestion at kundrathur

Staff members of madha medical college wish to bring to your kind attention that every day there is traffic congestion in kundrthur main road at the service road junction near periyapanichery, due to that we get delayed by 30 to 45 mts causing great inconvenience in carrying out our professional services. If authorities look into matter and arrange a traffic constable to regulate the traffic it will be very helpful to us and the public
Kumaran55

Dec 7, 2018

No parking in street

I am a residence of P.C.O Road Egmore (Near Syndicate Bank) here people are not parking their vehicle properly through though they have parking space instead of that they park their vehicle on street which cause many problem sometimes for emergency also we can able to come out immediately. If you can do something regarding this kindly take strict action
sivathemechforce

Dec 5, 2018

St. John’s School van rash driving in jalladianpet

St. John’s Private school van in jalladianpet
School Vehicle no 21 heavy Rash driving along with students , on 5/12/2018
When I saw Rash driving may chance to close hit a person walking in road , but unfortunately making sudden cut rashly it is safe, but this rash drive leads to injure students inside vehicles..
Lot of days rash driving by this school vehicle in jalladianpet
Take necessary action to control it
sriramipod

Nov 8, 2018

Thiruvanmiyur RTO - Share autos objecting traffic flow

Thiruvanmiyur RTO Signal- Share autos objecting traffic flow

Dear Sir / Madam,
Every day morning and evening peak - hours, I am facing traffic congestion / objection in the Chennai -Thiruvanmiyur RTO signal (opposite to RTO office) . This is mainly due to the share autos standing almost in the middle of the road and sudden stoppages by them. Please allocate separate spot for the shared autos or have a traffic police officer clear them every day. The share autos should not be stopping by the signals .

sriram

Oct 17, 2018

Rash driving and hinted on the bike

the car from back side hit me and he went off.

TN19AA0355 [Chengalpattu RTO,TN]
Owner:1-AISWARYA CYRIAC
Vehicle:MARUTHI CELERIO VXI AMT O BSIV(PETROL)
Motor Car
RC/FC Expiry:09-Mar-31
MV Tax upto:(LifeTime)
-Courtesy:MoRTH/NIC
Citizenchn

Sep 15, 2018

Wrong parking of vehicles on main road near TASMAC

There is a Tasmac near Kalaimagal nagar bus stop near jaya tv office at Ekkatuthaangal. During the rush hours in the evening it's really difficult for pedestrians to walk as the vehicles are parked on the road in front of Tasmac. Due to this illegal parking there is a huge traffic congestion on the road from airport to koyambedu. I personally faced lot of problems as it is neither possible to walk between the vehicles nor drive. Please consider this as a serious issue of the locals.