Chennai Traffic Police

Consumer complaints and reviews about Chennai Traffic Police

Damodar14

Nov 23, 2014

Auto Parked on the road in Kuppusamy colony, Alandur

There is a auto which is parked in kuppusamy colony, Alandur on the road blocking the road. This Auto is standing for more than 1 week , no one in the area knows whose Auto it is. We are not able to take the car out of the colony even for emergencies, it is really difficult for us. Please help us to clear the Auto from the Kuppusamy colony and further more in kuppusamy colony vehicles are parked like this on both sides of the road often and it is difficult to drive vehicles on the road with small inch gap for vehicle to move. It would be better a sign board is kept on the road not to park atleast on one side of the road.

Thanks and Regards,
subrasrini

Nov 21, 2014

Traffic congestion at the entry from Arya Gowda road to Postal Colony I Street

be
Especially from 6Pm till 11 PM, several groups of people come to the tea stall and park their vehicles zig zag occupying almost 10 feet on both sides of the entry point of Postal Colony Ist Street from the Arya Gowda Road The group of people use this place for chit chating for long hours resulting in nuisance to this place till late hours every day. The motor cycles parked their are not removed for several hours. This results in pedestrians virtually walking on the middle of the road, which is of great inconvenience to the public. Two vehicles coming on opposite directions cannot move easy into the Postal Colony I street, and they both use their horn heavily all through the day, causing noise pollution to the residents living at the beginning of the street. Also due to the travel cars parked at both sides of the road cause traffic congestion most of the time during the day. These issues are not attended for long time.
Most of them sit on the seats of the motor cycle and remain there for several hours for chit chat.
maashkers

Nov 19, 2014

about Traffic police

we are facing the problem last 2 weeks in aryagowda road,west mambalam,brindhvan road,heavy traffic in last 2week on the road in morning time not only in morning,traffic police are there in the spot but they don't try to control the traffic,they simply standing..."please taken action immediate way...because i am also in your department .
vimalnc

Nov 18, 2014

Auto Rickshaw Meter not operated

My name is N.C. Vimalakar and i am residing at Nanganallur, Chennai which is a suburban area of Chennai City. The Auto rickshaws plying inside the City areas use the fare Meter but in our area no Auto Rickshaw is operated with the Fare Meter. A flat rate of minimum Rs. 30/- is being charged and for areas which are about 2-3 km radius only the charges are about Rs. 75 to Rs. 100/- which is too high and cannot be afforded by a poor or a middle class person.

I request you to initiate action to make use of Fare Meter compulsory in suburban areas also as inside the City area. This will benefit many of those who are dependent on these Auto rickshaws.

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerely,

N.C. Vimalakar
tharang

Oct 30, 2014

Rash driving of Car

Thiscar with reg no TN 45 AC 8939 was driving very rashly from velachery to nandanam route today morning ( 30/10/2014) at about 8.30 am from velahery. this person was
irritating with continuous horn sounds and was driving madly on this route.
nikita prabhakar

Oct 29, 2014

inappropriate behaviour with woman passenger

dear sir/mam
I was searching for traffic police no.s to complain about this issue as i wanted to complain immediately,but couldn't find any so i am writing this complain. at 8:35 pm approximately when i was coming back home,i took a bus from ramapuram main road to arsamaram junction.Bus no.is 18E TN -01 5980.conductor of this bus was misbehaving with me and using inappropriate words while asking ticket fare.as per the fare from ramapuram main road to arsamaram junction it is 3rs,so i gave him 10 rs note because i was not having change.But he was asking change only, and in front of me few more passengers took tickets and they gave him enough change so that he can give me ticket as well as the remaining change.But intentionally he told me to get down from that bus in middle of the road and used a hindi slang with me.I refused to do so, so he gave me ticket and did not return the remaining change to me.he was trying to hold me and push me out of the bus.When i shouted that u can't touch me,he started saying something mixed with tamil that you english speaking people n all which i did not understand as i dont know tamil.Being a girl,i found this very insulting.i felt really bad,so i scolded him in hindi as well as english so that other passengers should understand what was happening.one lady tried to help me.But damage was done.Sir,with due respect i am telling you to take immediate and strict action towards it.think for this,take it in your concern,as i was nowhere wrong,it is my duty to inform you so that u can take care of this and these type of misbehaving incidents should not happen again with anyone,whether it is a girl or a boy or an olderly person.

ADADE MANOHAR

Oct 21, 2014

PARKING OF VEHICLES

I AM A RESIDENT OF 199 VELLALA STREET, PURASAWALKAM, CHENNAI 600084. JUST BEFORE MY HOUSE TWO/THREE MARUTHI VANS ARE PARKED IN A PERMANENT MANNER CAUSING TERRIFIC INCONVENIENCE FOR UR FREE MOVEMENTS. ALSO IT BECOMES A HIDE-OUT FOR UNSCRUPULOUS ELEMENTS TO SIT AND BOOZE
LEISURELY AND ALSO TO URINATE. THESE APART, THIS HIDE OUT BECOMES A DUMPING YARD AND THE CORPORATION WORKERS DO NOT CARE TO CLEAR THE
WASTES FROM THAT PLACE CAUSING UNHYGIENIC ENVIRONMENT FOR US ALL.

THESE TWO/THREE VANS SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THIS PLACE FORTHWITH AS THEY ARE PERMANENTLY PARKED HERE.

THANKS

EMAIL ID: [email protected]
MOB NO: 9840061878
Aarasri

Oct 9, 2014

Parking of cars ong road side and in front oc the house entrances

This is to bring it to your kind notice that cars and other vehicles are being parked in front of the house entrances and along the road sides in a parallel manner creating a lot of nuissance and traffic jam at the chattur buja doss road, poonamallee high road, near aarthi scans, kilpauk..we are finding it difficult to take our cars into and outside our own houses everyday due to the parking done, blocking the house gates. Most of the vehicles being parked are those coming to padma nursing home which is not regulating the customer vehicles properly. When asked, the drivers are using abusive language and are claiming it as their right. Hence please take necessary steps against this as early as possible.
justsivakumar

Oct 6, 2014

PARKING OF PRIVATE CARS AND AUTOS

The Akbar Sahib Street, Triplicane is a very narrow street and private unused Cars and Autos are parked on the road causing lots of inconvenience. During nights Adults are using the space behind the parked vehicles for consuming alcohol and causing problem to public, more over young lovers are also using the space for other stupid things, please look into to this urgently and arrange to remove those unused vehicles ASAP- Thank you.
sivashankar_7779

Sep 26, 2014

Road side parking causes inconvenience at sambasivam street, sekar Nagar, jafferkhanpet, chennai-83
Respected sir, This is a end road so there are lot of vehicles getting parked on the road and most of vehile park long days no one taken, can you please check & I unable to take my vehile from house, This is causing lot of inconvenience, espeally due to the vehicles. Please look into to this urgently. Getting out and getting into the street is becoming a nightmare every day. Thank you.
VAIDHYANATHAN KALYAN

Sep 19, 2014

PARKING OF CARS AT THE CORNER AND ROAD JUNCTIONS

Sir, on Boat Club Road, R A Puram, Chennai 28, a German Consulate office is there. Morning between 10 am to 12 noon and during evening hours lot of cars are parked on the road side corner of SATHYANARAYANA AVENUE ROAD itself. Due to this the residents and other commuters by cars and other vehicles facing lot of problems due to non vicinity of opposite vehicles which are coming near corners and chances of happening accidents in this area.

We have informed the concerned security personnel of the German Consulate also in this regard to organize for parking but it is NOT being done.

CB CID Police office also there on this road next to 3 or 4 building of German Consulate.

I request Traffic Police Officials to have a look and instruct the concerned NOT to park cars or other vehicles on the road side and oblige.

Your immediate action will help all residents and other commuters of that area.

With Regards

V Kalyanaraman (Mob : 9442101603)
pratikrasmi99

Sep 11, 2014

Forcing us to pay

Hi team,

I was not carring my bike Insurance papers and I told the Traffic Police that you give me Chalan and I will submit the required document in your office. As per the law we can produce the documents with in 15 days and the Chalan will get cancelled. When I said the same they told they are not aware of this law and told me to pay 3000. I was going to office and having a meeting in next 15 minutes, so to not to miss the meeting I paid them Rs 100 which I was having with me that time and they refused me to give the Chalan also.

I faced other kinds of force payments from Traffic police of Cheenai. My concern is that , is there no proper way to handle such type of incidents. Rather then controlling traffic the Traffic Police more concerned about collecting money with out challan. Since most of the citizens are not aware of fine details , so Traffic Police is saying what ever they think that time. I request you to please take this matter. It will be very helpful for people.

bijupilai

Sep 7, 2014

Hit and Run

There is a very dangerous Mahindra Bolero driver plying in and around of OMR Thoraipakkam aera. Today morning around 9.45 just infront of AKDR Golf club,he deliberately hit on my car calling out some abusive words loudly which I don't know for what reason. When I stopped the vehicle he just throttled up and ran away causing few more dents and scratches to my car. Unfortunately since I was completely shocked, could not notice the vehicle number, but it is a cream color Mahindra Bolero. I can identify the vehicle if I see it next time. People who drives through OMR please be careful that sadly there are psychopaths like him also who got license to drive on our roads!!!

Biju
krishna1990ck

Aug 31, 2014

Rash 2 wheeler racing inside the city

Dear sir/madam

To whom ever it concerns. Please take necessary actions.

In Adyar - Sardar patel road stretch and besant nagar stretch, I have been seeing some gang of youngsters driving the 2 wheelers creating panic and tension to senior citizens and ladies. They drive so rashly we are very much worried about our as well as their safety.

I know it is difficult to spot those people.
But please take necessary actions so that we can be safe on road
captdpr

Aug 30, 2014

Illegal Parking

Cars are parked along the entire stretch of Lock Street (Kottur, Chennai-600 085), at some parts on both sides, during all hours of day and night. This causes regular traffic jams on the street which carries maximum traffic from the Gandhi Mandapam Road as well as Kottur Gardens to Kotturpuram Railway Station and Gandhi Nagar. The problem is compounded because of the street being narrower than most others in the locality. The ‘T’ Junction where Thiruvalluvar Nagar 1st Street links with Lock Street has become a driving nightmare with two garbage bins of the corporation placed on one side and all kinds of vehicle parked helter-skelter. The junction has become highly accident-prone. Many of the vehicles parked on the street are not even used regularly, some of them left unattended under dust-coated canvas or polythene covers.
Anand_bobb

Aug 27, 2014

Road side parking

Hello Sir,

Need your immediate attention with regards to the road side parking and Lorry coming during the peak hours in the below mentioned road

10 Velayuthapandian Street, Old Washermenpet, Chennai - 600 021

The road is narrow but because of the road side parking and there is frequent Lorry visit & parked for nearly 2 Hours per day in the one & only scrap shop located in the road (Opp to Dhanalakshmi School).

When we take our cars in & out we face a big challenge to come out of the road. The road is very narrow and because of the above highlighted issue we face many accidents which cost high for the repair.

Appreciate if you cant prompt action to have a clear road for safe journey and thanks for your support.
P N SOMU

Aug 26, 2014

PROLONGED PARKING

A Goods vehicle Eicher make bearing Registration No. TN 43B 0241 has remained parked at the corner of Sivasundar Avenue First Street, Kamaraj Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai 600 041 for the past4 days with no sign of the driver or cleaner any where near the vehicle. The vehicle bears the name of 'R. SEENIAMMAL' has been written on the vehicle and board reading `ON DUTY N.H' is seen in front of the vehicle. The parking of the vehicle is from Friday the 22nd August 2014 to till this complaint date. This parking causes nuisance to commuters and difficulties to the road users. Could concern authorities take immediate action to remove the vehicle from the parking place?

Aug 23, 2014

TO REDUCE TRAFFIC JAMS

It is often observed the location of MTC bus stops are located in a manner which causes traffic jams. This can be reduced to some extent if the following measures can be implemented:
1. To relocate all bus stops at road turnings
2. To relocate all bus stops below the descent of flyovers and bridges
3. To relocate all bus stops par-alley opposite to each other on opposite directions (Case - Guindy Race course bus stop opposite to the Race course)
4. Parking of vehicles at road turnings.

Aug 23, 2014

PERVENSION OF TRAFFIC JAMS

It is often observed the location of MTC bus stops are located in a manner which causes traffic jams. This can be avoided to some extent if the following measures can be implemented:
1. To relocate all bus stops at road turnings
2. To relocate all bus stops below the descent of flyovers and bridges
4. Parking of vehicles at road turnings.

Arunkumaar

Aug 21, 2014

Traffic Signal not working

The signal lights under Gemini Fly-over (Cathedral road towards Nungambakkam and Nungambakkam towards Anna Salai) are not functioning for more than 6 weeks. We commuters are assuming the signals with red or green on either side of the movement and based on that making our moves. Couple of occasions, both the signals were not working and vehicles were moving on their own way. With the amount of traffic during peak hours, it was nightmare few occasions crossing this signal.

Request to kindly initiate necessary action to rectify the signal and make it operational.
kunaldey

Aug 21, 2014

abut bus

I wanted to get down from 18A rute no. bus. I told the conducter to stop the bus in nandanam stopage. he didnt listen me and bring me to saidapet stand which is very far. In office time everyone use to be in hurry. even i had the proper ticket (price 11/-). its not a matter for my extra money spending. but it was totally an harasment and wasting of valuable time. i was getting half an hour late to reach my office. The questain is who deserve to take the responsibility ... the bus driver and conducter????? I am living in indian constitution thats why i couldnt take the proper action ... only thing i have to do make a complain. other wise ............................................................. I hope you canunder stand what might be happened with the conducter...................................................... I respect the indian laws... but .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................???????
bus no. TN- 01 N-7642(RUTE NO. 18A)
Jegajeevanramcolony

Aug 19, 2014

Rash driving

Hello Sir,

I have seen a vehicle TN23 AD 5002 was driving very rashly in selaiyur around 8.30 A.M. Trafic police man was simply watching, did not take any action against the driver. I request you to take necessary action against the driver.
teddypec

Aug 18, 2014

Traffic Police taking bribe

This incident happened on Aug 17, 2014 at 1 PM. Second day after celebrating Independence day and thinking of a corruption free nation. There were two policemen standing right after the saidapet bus stand. There was a four road junction and I took a U turn on the Anna salai. He asked my papers and since all the documents were proper the police said this is no entry. How can it be a no entry in X junction?? He said I have to pay a fine of 550 INR!!! I doubt this amount. He then asked me to pay 200 Rs or he'll not give my RC. I didn't have 550 and had to pay him 200 for which he didn't give me ticket. I couldn't argue with my sister standing on road. Are the traffic police there to make people obey traffic rules or to make false money?

In my case even if it was a no entry I should've been fined as below:
Violation of Mandatory Signs .
Rs. 100/-
119/177 MVA

Where did this 550 come from? Are they free to fine any amount that comes to their mouth? I know companies won't tolerate employees when the company's reputation is at stake what about the Chennai Traffic police. The traffic department should take serious steps on this. Just do a surprise check on these people and check the amount for which tickets are issued by them and the amount they have in their pockets.
Saravanan0304

Aug 4, 2014

Hit and run

I would like to know the procedure for filing a complaint, when a car / bike hit another car / bike and escape from the spot. Damage is only for the vehicle and may be we can assume its minor. I have the vehicle registration number. My queries include:
a) In which area I need to file the complaint? Should it be in the same vicinity where the accident happened? or any place?
b) What is the timeline to file a complaint (from the time of the accident)?
c) How do you proceed subsequent to the complain?
d) What steps would you take against the people who made such accident?

Thank you!
princevictor

Aug 4, 2014

Road side parking causes inconvenience at Manapakkam

Respected sir, I live in 1st cross st, 2nd main road, Ambetkar nagar, Manapakkam. This is a very narrow street. Recently there are a lot of constructions going on, due to which road is used for keeping building materials. Apart from this there are lot of vehicles getting parked on the road. This is causing lot of inconvenience, espeally due to the vehicles. Please look into to this urgently. Getting out and getting into the street is becoming a nightmare every day. Thank you.