Chennai Traffic Police

Consumer complaints and reviews about Chennai Traffic Police

srrb

Jul 29, 2014

Chennai traffic police has done it again

The Chennai traffic police has done it again. A green corridor helped a patient get a heart in time by helping to transport the vital organ from one medical institution to another in minutes. Motorists, who initially thought the disruption in traffic was due to the movement of politicians, soon realised it was for transporting a heart from Apollo Hospitals on Greames Road to Malar Hospital in Adyar.

Senior police officers said the transportation took place without hassles. On Thursday, the organ was transported in eleven minutes whereas in normal traffic, it would have taken at least a half hour, an officer said.

“I got a call around 5.15 from Malar Hospital, stating that they needed the traffic police’s help for transporting a heart from Apollo Hospitals. I took permission from Sanjay Arora, additional commissioner of police (traffic), and immediately alerted all the police officers on duty,” said deputy commissioner of police (traffic planning) Sivanantham.

“We arranged for a pilot vehicle with a good driver for transporting the heart. All the traffic junctions on the route — from Greames Road to Beach Road in Adyar — were put on alert. We were in contact with the hospitals’ technical teams to know when the heart was being brought out,” said Mr. Sivanantham.

The heart was taken in a special box out of Apollo at 5.45 p.m. “The police officers at various junctions co-ordinated with each other and helped in transporting the organ on time,” said Mr. Sivanantham.

He said that green channels to facilitate transportation of organs for transplant had been done in over seven instances in the past. “We think it is a god-given opportunity for us to save a life,” said Mr. Sivanantham.

A police source, who was on duty at one of the junctions, said that initially some motorists were upset with the traffic delay. “Once the police officers explained the situation to them, they co-operated,” he said.

Arvind Kumar, a 22-year-old who died in a road accident, was the organ donor
srrb

chennai traffic

Following a successful presentation or project, expressing appreciation in a meaningful way can
be as simple as a brief, warm comment at a follow-up meeting, or a handwritten note left on a
desk:
“Just a quick note to thank you for your outstanding work on [project]. I hope you know how
much your colleagues appreciate your efforts.”
When returning a well-executed project submitted for comment, consider attaching a post-it
note with a warm note of appreciation:

“I wanted to take a moment to say how much I appreciated the great insight you offered at this
morning’s brainstorming session. Your idea got us all energized about the road ahead, and is
just the kind of innovative thinking we needed to push our project to the next level. “
ramchennai

chennai traffic police

I take this opportunity to thank you for sparing your valuable time to advice us about how we can make our services more efficient. I agree with you about the need of automation for scheduling deliveries. It is apparent that you have given a critic thought to our services and have come up with a constructive suggestion. I would certainly like to talk in details to you about implementing such a program.

I must say the correct and prompt support extended by him was appreciable. He answered all my queries and was very polite and helpful throughout the call. You should certainly feel proud of such resources, who can bring in goodwill for the company.
I appreciate the way you have trained your staff and the way they are following their duty perfectly. Keep up the good work. Once again thank you for the good service and I wish the company a lot of success.

Thank you again for your advice and I also welcome any other suggestions that will help us to serve our customers better.
Sincerely,
ramchennai

Behaviour of traffice police in Anna Nagar

I was travelling with my family on Anna nagar rountana root in Chennai . While crossing slowly the police stopped me and asked for my papers and license and since everything was in order argued with me I had taken over speed, where there is construction going on for metro rail project and there is no way for over speed, My repeated arguments with them for no speed . So he said he is fining me for 1000 Rs or asked for some amount, I refused for it, and ready to pay fine for government even for no mistake. But to my utter shock the fine challan said 500Rs fine for over speeding. How could one overspeed in one way root in construction area. When enquired I was threatened with more fines. I had to just leave the place in disgust where my family also very upset. And I did see it was the same case with others as well.

The name of police officer he said Mr.George at K4 Police Station, Anna nagar. But in Chellan the issuing officer name is written S.Somasundram.

I fear that something may happen to my family as he has also asked my details of my profession.

Hope you take the necessary action
600088-1

Jul 27, 2014

False Ticket and Threat

I was travelling on Usman Road. At the junction, the police stopped me. They had no clue of why they stopped me. Then came up with innovative one, i had black rope in front of the car. It was NOT blocking the number plate. So they let it off. Next one was, there is a grey border on the numbers which is an incorrect way is the case. .... This was MR P. S Kumaresan.

Section in which ticket was issued specifically states that when there is no number plate but was booked just for booking purpose.

At one stage Mr Kumaresan asked to remove the number plate and give it to him.

It was a clear threat and use of force
Doris

Jul 24, 2014

Traffic jam

Every evening there is traffic jam between Tidal park, through Madhya Kailash and under the bridge leading to Kottupuram. it is sick travelling back from work every day. It takes more than 2 1/2 hours every evening from Siruseri to T Nagar. Some times even 3 hours. This is a night mare every day. please help to ease the traffic. We ladies are finding it very difficult to travel. No matter what time we leave from work with the thought of beating the traffic, we are getting stuck in traffic.

Would appreciate help here please.

Jul 22, 2014

Traffic signal in Rajakilpakkam(Tambaram selayur)

Traffic in Tambaram Rajakilpakkam signal is going out of control. There is no traffic police during morning school peak hours time to monitor the crasy vechile 2 wheelers, autos. They dont follow traffic rules and keep moving even if there is a red stop signal, also there is no proper pedestrain zebra crossing and pedestrain signal and footpath. its really dangerous to cross the road. i kindly request concerned traffic police authorities to look into this signal junction . thanks.

Jul 22, 2014

Traffic signal in Rajakilpakkam(Tambaram selayur)

Jul 22, 2014

PedestrianTraffic signal not working in Tambaram East(Rajakilpakkam)

kunalbhaiya

Jul 22, 2014

illegal car parking in dooming street

dear sir,
i live in dooming street santhome chennai 600004. My street is very narrow and i have cars illegally parked in the street . i request u to pls take action and take the necessary steps . yesterday i had a emergency and was unable to take my car due to this problem.kindly pls do the needful asap. thank u
begenuine

Jul 21, 2014

INCIDENT AT MADHYA KAILASH OMR

TRAFFIC POLICE DELIBERATELY KEEPING THE SPEED LIMIT SIGN BOARD AT THE CORNER WHICH IS INVISBLE NEAR MADHYA KAILASH TOWARDS ANNA UNIVERSITY AND COLLECTING SPOT FINE Rs.300/- EVEN FOR 50 KM SPEEED.

THEY ARE KEEP CHANGING THE RULES & SIGN BOARDS NOT FOR PUBLIC SAFETY !!! BUT TO MAKE REVENUE TO THE DEPARTMENT ..
Kanchana Vasu

Jul 16, 2014

Two wheelers using pavements for riding

I'm a resident of Kotturpuram and while waiting in the traffic everyday, I see two wheeler riders using the pavement on Gandhi mandapam road to beat the traffic. While on one side we are fighting with the civic authorities to provide walkable pavements, on the other we have the two wheeler riders happily using them to ride as if the pavements were laid for them. I'm sure the traffic police officers are a witness to all this and yet turn a blind eye to such gross traffic violations. I see the same happening on the entire length of the pavement on the Raj Bhavan - Anna University stretch also. This I'm sure is happening in every part of Chennai. The Chennai traffic police must do something immediately by placing immovable barricades across pavements, providing space for only pedestrains to walk. They should charge sheet the violators and confiscate their bikes, if need be.
niyarn

Jul 16, 2014

Atrocities of Chennai Traffic Police

I was travelling on Arcot road Chennai near Valluvar Kottam Nungambakkam. After crossing the Signal upon green lights at valluvarkottam, the police stopped me and asked for my papers and license and since everything was in order argued with me I had taken a left turn when there was no left turn, My repeated aruments with them that I was comming straight and the signal was green fell on deaf ears. So he said he is fining me for 300 Rs. But to my utter shock the fine challan said 300Rs and fine for over speeding How could one overspeed in a signal from being stationery. When enquired I was threatened with more fines. I had to just leave the place in disgust. And I did see it was the same case with others as well.

Issuing officer was T. Manivannan T at 12:21 pm today 16/7/2014, Challan no C1041427865.
It says PS jurisdictoin as Pandian Rountana. No idea where it is

Narayan
vct54

Jul 14, 2014

CAR PARKED ON THE STREET

CAR NO.TN09BP5701 WHITE FIESTA CLASSIC PARKED IN FRONT OF OLD NO.8, NEW NO.15, VELLALAR STREET, FIRST LANE, NEAR BEST HOSPITAL / POWER HOUSE, KODAMBAKKAM CHENNAI 600024.
I USED TO TRAVEL ON THIS STREET ONCE IN A WEEK ON TUESDAYS TO GO TO VADAPALANI TEMPLE. I USED TO GO FROM AMBEDKAR STATUE AND THEN TAKE UP THIS VELLALAR STREET FIRST LANE TO PROCEED TO VADAPALNI TEMPLE. INVARIABLY I AM WITNESSING THE CAR PARKED ON THIS LANE WHICH IS VERY SMALL IN WIDTH RESULTING INCONVENIENCE TO ALL THE TWO WHEELER PASSENGERS. TO DAY AROUND 06.30 P.M I HAPPENED TO GO BY THAT SIDE AND I SAW THIS CAR BIG IN SIZE WAS PARKED THEIR CAUSING INCONVNIENCE TO ALL THE TWO WHEELER RIDERS. I SOUGHT THE HELP OF POLICE PERSONEL AT NEAR BY TRAFFIC SIGNAL WHO WAS KIND ENOUGH TO VISIT THE SITE AND REUESTED THE LADY AT DOOR NO.8 TO DO THE NEEDFUL. THE LADY CONCERNED WAS COMPLAING THAT AUTORICKSHAWAS PLYING ON THAT STREET WAS CAUSING ACCIDENTS ON THE STREET AND THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE PARKED THE CAR TO PREVENT AUTORICKSHAWS PLYING ON THE STRRET. THE ARGUMENT DOES NOT SEEM TO BE GENUINE AS SUITABLE ARRANGEMENTS LIKE INSTALLING A POLE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE STRRET COULD HAVE BEEN PLANNED SO THAT ONLY TWO WHEELERS WOULD BE ABLE TO GO BY THAT SIDE. SECONDLY THEY COULD HAVE SOUGHT THE HELP OF TRAFFIC POLICE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. OBVIOUSLY THEY DO NOT HAVE PLACE TO PARK THEIR CAR. THIS HAS RESULTED ON NOT ONLY THEIR CAR ( BIG SIZE) IS PARKED BUT ALSO A FEW OTHER CARS ARE ALSO PARKED ON THE STREET. THE TOTAL STRETCH OF THE STREET ITSELF IS VEY SMALL BUT USAGE IS BY THOUSANDS OF TWO WHHELER RIDERS.
MAY I HUMBLY REQUEST YOU TO KINDLY ARRANGE TO DO THE NEEDFUL SO THAT NO CAR IS PARKED ON THE STREET ATLEAST ON PEAK HOURS. ALTERNATIVELY INSTALLING A POLE AT BOTH THE ENDS OF THE STRRET WOULD PREVENT CARS BEING PARKED ON THE ENTIRE STREET

THANKS

V.RAMACHANDRAN CELL 9884496376 / emailid: vrcshawwallacegmail.com
muthumurugaesan

Jul 8, 2014

Improper controlling of on road vehicles

Dear / Respected Commissioner Sir,
Every day I am traveled by two wheeler via Orcot road from kodambakkam - Porur to my Office . We can found signal near Avichi High School / 80 feet road junction. I am seeing every day vehicle passing through that signal from Virugambakam to Vadapalni direction, Vehicle riders are facing difficulties and fighting with those who are entering in to Orcot Road from Abusal Street.
So I am humbly request you to do necessary changes in signal or otherwise one more signal pole to controlling signal for Abusali Street.

For public shake I am forwarding this information, I hope that you will do the necessary changes in that particular junction.

( Note: Morning 7.00 am we could not able to found any Traffic officials near signals. )

With Warm Regards,

A.E. Murugesan,
Mobile : 9382115888.
S.Geoffrey

Jul 4, 2014

Trafic signal not working

Near Saidapet court - Little mount area over bridge, Traffic signal light at left hand side is not working more than Two months. But no action taken so far. Hence most of the aged people & school students struggled to cross the Road.

And most of the time no POLICE man available between 7.30 AM to 8.30 AM of peak traffic hours ie. Mainly school going student got affected.

Please take action immediately to avoid any accidents...

S.Geoffrey
Mobile: 9952099311
wellwisherindia

Jun 26, 2014

Rash Driving

TN22AT 9720....Hope he is a pay driver,the driving shall cause an accident..Please provise a warning to this type of activities.If not there is no use of us to follow rules.
K.Thamarai kannan

Jun 23, 2014

Non functional of Traffic [email protected]

Traffic signal for taking right turn from Vanagaram signal to Ambattur is not functioning for
the past six months. Without knowing this fact vehicles plying towards Ambattur are waiting for signal for taking right
turn which leads to traffic congestion and causing great hardships to motorist. Traffic Police
manning this signal are not bothering about this lapse. Atleast in peak hours they can guide the
motorist.

please take corrective measure on the above issue

thanks & regards
k.thamaraikannan
e.mail id: [email protected]
b4usat88

Jun 19, 2014

Unnecessary Traffic

HI
I am travelling from kovilambakkam to sholinganallur through Tambaram-sholinganallur Road. Now-a-days its very disgusting to travel at peek hours and normal hours too. From medavakkam to sholinganallur road is good but because of the barriers kept along the side makes huge traffics. If these barriers are moved it will be bit comfortable to travel on these roads. Also water tankers are running in huge numbers during peak hours. It will be good if some time is arranged for them other than peak hours.There is no control of traffic police on these roads. Auto rickshaws,mini lorry,tankers and even MTC will park on the road sides and it will cover half of the road which make more traffic.Please control these issues.
nizme

Jun 18, 2014

Forced Bribe

Greetings Team,

This incident took place at the SRP Signal Junction around 10am, on 18th Jun 2014. I was stopped as I intended to ride my bike on a wrong side. (If reasoning was allowed, I knew it was wrong but had only done followed many others who did the same way. Unfortunate for me, today, when I did, it was only me.) It was the some higher officials with multiple stars on his shoulders and his name badge said "Selvaj". I'm not very sure about his initials.

He did the right thing by stopping me and questioned me on how did I happen to do it. I explained that I usually took to Thiruvanmiyur via the Pandian Street-Neelancharai road. It was today that I had come via the SRP Signal Junction.

He said it was not acceptable and said he would charge me with a charge sheet of Rs.1000/- (ONE THOUSAND Rupees) as it was against traffic rules as per "wrong direction and dangerous driving". I requested him (promising on Allah) that I would not repeat and to excuse me this time. I broke down to tears and also told him that I have only Rs.700/- (SEVEN HUNDRED Rupees).

He then said to go to my vehicle and bring what I have, not necessary to pay the complete amount. I once again told him that I would repeat and I also told him that the Rs.700/- that I was holding is in my need. For this, he said that it was not necessary to pay Rs.1000/- instead I can give him Rs.100/- or 200/- which ever I can give him and go.

I requested him again saying that I would not repeat it and that I was in need of that money. But he did not consider my request. He also did not do his job right.

I with no other choice, had to give him Rs.100/- for which he did not give any charge sheet or chalan. So this makes me believe that this Rs.100/- is for him; it will not go to the government.

He also did one more mistake against his own words; after taking that Rs.100/- from me, he asked me to take my bike and go that same direction for a small distance without riding it and then later ride it. So, this makes me believe that his statement"wrong direction and dangerous driving" was only to take money from me.

With all due respect, I do not have anything against this higher official, but wanted to know why they do this? In fact, even before I intended to go in the wrong direction, I was on my bike before him, he could have asked to turn around but rather, he walked forward so that I can cross the line and then he can hold me responsible.

Is it not wrong to let mistakes happen and hold the person doing it.? When he had a chance to stop me even before I do it, he could have very well stopped me; but this makes me believe that he was planning to take money from me.

From my heart, I would like to say that even I was wrong to have intended to go in the wrong direction. So if there is a charge, I would pay the rightfully declared fine, at the court. However, in that case, I would like to hear/know what was the measure of legal action taken for such ir-responsibilities.

I fear that something may happen to me as he has also asked my details of my profession and company.

I'm being honest and i'm God fearing.

Hope you take the necessary action.
M.Paul

Jun 17, 2014

Auto drivers in KOdambakkam railways not willing to go by meter charge

I like to bring this topic in notice that, Kodambakkam railways station's auto stand drivers not willing to go by meter. I have my office on power house bus stand and its only 1.4 km from kodambakkam railway station. bt, these auto driver are not ready to go by meter charge and charge 50 rs. i.e double of meter charge.14th of may i was not well so, i took a auto from kodambakkam railway station auto stand and told hi, to drop me west tambaram. everybody charging 500 rs and i rome around for meter auto 1.5 hr and then bound to go by 450 where it only rise 283 on meter but, he took 450 from me.
today also , i took auto for office from kodambakkam to power house stop took 50 rs. and the behavior is too bad.
i note down the auto number as below.
TN09AW8859

Please look after
aswathk

Jun 17, 2014

Auto Stands in Tiruvanmiyur Station

Parking atutos in the platform and obstructing people walking. Towing the auto in the opposite direction to park the auto in the platform and vehicle parking area in Thiruvanmiyur railway station causes trouble for people waliking to get the bus and for the vehicles turning towards thiruvanmiyur. Clear the Auto stand in the Platform and make an arrangement elsewhere before something major happens. For few people going in auto making a the platform as autostand is not correct. Also from the stand they are cutting in to the vehicles which are already waiting for the signal causong delays for the commuters who are waiting in the signal. Kindly remove the auto stand from there.
kumares

Jun 14, 2014

improper behaviour of traffice police at egmore on 14 Jun 2014

The auto drivers blocks the chennai egmore entrace that doesn't bother the police. But when elderly people cross slowly then they shout like anything. On 14 Jun 2014 after the arrival of pothigai express @ egmore, my mom who was unable to walk fast crossed the entrance slowly [Note: there was no police to guide the people to cross, time is 7:40AM]. Suddenly a traffic police came and pushed my mom because a police officer car came. How dare this police [male] can push a person that too a lady. To get the good name in front of their officer only they are working not for the public.

He has even scolded that we are fools. I asked why did you say that for that he just walked further without listening to me. Since my parents were with me am unable to fight otherwise i would have asked him lot of questions. I did not notice his name. He was in duty at Chennai egmore railway station at 7:40AM. He would be a 40+ age.

Are these traffic police thinking that they are God if they wear uniform. They are unable to talk or take action against politicians instead they show their power in normal public. How to identify that police? He should say sorry to mom as he has no rights to push a lady who is unable to walk fast.

I would like to remind everyone that we are all human being, everyone has same feelings, same red blood running in our body. Don't think we are superior than other. Life is short, respect human being
Viphousingnproperties Murali

Jun 13, 2014

violation of traffic rules

At vadapalani signal morning 9.50 A.M. a rash drived two wheeler hit my brother's vehicle and ruthlessly escaped from there.
Mistake done by that unknown person who violated the traffic rule. hence my brother drived his vehicle when the signal is in green toward kodambakkam. In that situation a traffic police in signal arranged a auto to near by hospital. minor injuries only for brother and his vehicle also damaged.

iam not here to arguing about the incident, but , the incident held in main signal, there they provided security cameras to identify the traffic violations. what is the use of that cameras , why didn't it record the vehicle number of that two wheeler who violates the traffic rule and hit another vehicle.Traffic police should take action on this ruthless driving person. What is the use of taking after one life has gone. Here after Traffic person should aware and help the victims.

murali
98400 36471
sangeetha

Jun 12, 2014

against shareautos

respected sir
i am hereby complaining against a tata magaic share auto TN-18 C8015 ,. We are residing on 13th main road in annanagar. As you know the 100 ft road traffic has been diverted on this road, we people are facing very hardship. during peak hours ,when we ask the shareautos to slow down to let us drive out of our house, they just hit us and move on. USUALLY WE DONT STOP SHAREAUTOS AND MTC BUSES who dont oblige . This issue is there for 3years. But today am raising the complaint since the SHAREAUTO HIT ME AND FLED THE SCENE.please take action on these fellows. and make a rule to oblige to the local residents on the first way.

hope u take action on the shareauto persons