Chennai Traffic Police

Consumer complaints and reviews about Chennai Traffic Police

Mohanrajamani

Nov 27, 2013

Rash driving and reckless behaviour

I am Mohan, from Egattur, OMR. Today at 8.10 am, while I was driving my car on Sardar Patel road, approaching the signal under the bridge before turning towards Kotturpuram today a tempo traveler was over-speeding behind me recklessly honking. As I tried to give him way he overtook me on the left and almost knocked down a two wheeler as the signal turned to yellow. When I questioned him he got into an argument and went on to abuse. I could not find a Traffic Police Constable or a Sargent at this important junction to make a complaint on the spot. And I could not find any policeman till Nandanam junction by then the Tempo Traveler sped away continuing to drive rashly. The vehicle number is TN11 Z 1726. The driver was lean built. Most Tempo Travelers drive very rashly in the city particularly on OMR. Please take urgent action.

Many Thanks,
R. Mohan
gnana_rayan

Nov 22, 2013

Complaint against Auto driver.Auto Number -TSB7236

Today morning i am self set off with my family to office at morning 8.40am.
I was crossed half of the road and stopped my vehicle and give way to the cars on my right hand side where the vehicles taking U turn. At the same time MTC bus is also crossing the road along with left side and turns towards right. so i was horrified and not moving my vehicle. Suddenly a auto ricksaw hits behind my vehicle and in my son's hands too, we had a minor injuries and vehicle does not get much damage.
So i shouted against the driver who did such idiotic drive. on the spot itself we had wrangle. few minutes later considering a small traffic i calm down my self and took away from there. The auto started and gone from there before i start, after 200mts we crossed them and advice him harshly not to drive like that. But indeed he apologies us, he got angry and stops our vehicle and again the made wrangle with us. This time his family also adjoins with him and the words were very annoying and behaviour in the public is also not up to the mark.

So here with i am giving complaint against him. Please do the necessary action against him and his belongs.

The aitu registration number is TSB 7236
Incident happend at Kannagi nagar signal & mettukuppam bus stand, Old mahabalipuram road at 8.40 to 9am on 22.11.2013.

I have already given legal police complaint at Thoraipakkam police station. But they did not give any receipt against this complaint and i did not believe they would have take action against this.

Sincerly
Gnana
mob number:
7200368235
narpaninagarajan

Nov 14, 2013

Hitted the car from behind in Traffic & Ran away

(Reg no-TN 11 B 7276) from behind and the driver ran away without stopping his vehicle.Our car body were severely damaged.So i kindly request the concerned authority to find that Tempo AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and do the needful for the repairing works.My contact No is 9444012968.

Narpani Nagarajan
narpaninagarajan

Nov 14, 2013

Hitted the car from behind in Traffic & Ran away

Iam G.NAGARAJAN B.A.,from Redhills.On 14th November 2013 by 6.28 PM when we are plying towards Guindy with our family,we stopped our car for the signal in Thirunagar (Near Vadapalani) we were hittted by Tempo Traveller white colour(Reg no-TN 11 B 7276) from behind and the driver ran away without stopping his vehicle.Our car body were severely damaged.So i kindly request the concerned authority to find that Tempo AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and do the needful for the repairing works.
raja123456

Nov 8, 2013

No two wheeler parking for Employees working in Ascendas IT Park Chennai

Most of the Employees who works in companies inside Ascendas IT Park Taramani has to park their 2 wheeler in Footpath outside the Ascendas IT Park. If the company has 1000 employees,they get only 30-50 two wheeler parking slot. There is enough space available inside the IT park but the Ascendas management says it is international standard to not allow employees vehicle inside.

I wounder how the government gave approval for such an IT park without enough parking space to perform in a city like Chennai where most of the employees use 2 wheeler for commuting.Most of the employees use Duplicate parking sticker to enter into the Ascentas IT Park

I request the government agencies to take action against Ascendas management for not providing enough Parking space (at least for 2 wheeler) for the employees working in companies inside the IT Park.

Raja
K.Venkateswaran

Nov 7, 2013

traffic rules violations

I am K.venkateswaran,at 31/2,2nd cross street,West CIT Nagar,Chennai-35,I used to visit saidapet,T.Nagar areas frequently
I find traffic people are not present in some important places like the junction of Sivagnanam Road and Theagaraya Road.Even in places where policeman is present and there is traffic signal people drive their vehicles(especially two wheelers) freely even when
there is Red signal and the policeman does not question and punish them.Not to talk of buses and autorickshaws they donot have
any rules.These people especially youngsters who drive two wheelers take pride in violating traffic rules.The pedestrians also donot
know rules and they think that they need not follow any traffic rules and cause traffic hazards.I am sure that this should be the in all
other plces.These small trffic violations leaving unchecked lead to big trffic accidents.It is good for our city if strict discipline is
enforced in traffic control.

yours friendly
K.Venkateswaran
Naveen Nehru

Oct 7, 2013

Parking in front of my house

This is Naveen Nehru and I have problems getting into my house and coming out of my house as there is a milk vendor who is parking in front of our compound and we have requested several times not to park the vehicle and still he is parking over there. The vehicle number is Tn22 - AS - 3002. This has been a issue for at least a year now. We have politely requested several times and there is no response from that vendor he is telling that he will not park but he is keeping on parking in that area which is creating lot of problems to us. I reside in 37/205, Gandhi Road, Velachery, Chennai - 600042. I have also complained both in the phone and through mail in regards to the same. Please find the reference number for which i gave complaint in the phone: 070TT13060076. Also please find the number for registering the complaint through online - X13CHI93. After requesting several times they look at us very badly and also abused us. Would request your intervention in this and please do the needful.
sammie

Oct 6, 2013

Rash Driving - Irresponsible

I want to complaint against a RAsh driver...young driver in chenai ( from ashok pillar to vadapalani )..his car number is "TN 20 BQ 4095".

He is almost going to hit me, if he would have hit i probably in ICU..such a speed he was driving (simply for fun and enjoyment, if people are doing like this, then it is difficult to survive
poppraveen

Oct 5, 2013

Rule breaking policemen

In the last few days I have noticed that the violations done by police people themselves have increased. In the last few days the most violation I saw is, police men riding on the wrong side of the road. I live near the Koyambedu signal and I see policemen (traffic and crime uniform) doing this very frequently. Since the policemen are doing this the public is doing it regularly that too in the presence of the policemen themselves. I request the traffic commissioners office to post a representative and just check how many violations are happening every day. I can say with confidence that there is a violation from the public every minute and the police men are regular violators too. I also kindly request your respected office to ask all the police men riding two wheelers to wear a helmet.

If the CCTP does not take necessary action many people are going do the same violation again and again and it will become impossible to curb these civil crimes and people will lose their life and limbs.

Praveen
Mob - 98840 83301

Oct 1, 2013

Rash driving

Respected Sir/Madam,

Today i started to office from home by 10.30Am and reached arround 11AM at Meenambakkam airport bridge. When i come down the bridge a Fast Track Indica Call taxi white colour Reg No is TN 11 C 5760 came very fast and try to overtake me very rashly. Gods grace nothing is happen to me but that driver did same thing to other 5 people who went before me and spoke very abbuse language to them. I tried to complaint Fast Track Complaint number 98410 36666 but no pick this number.

So please take action against this driver, he doesn't have even any responsibility on others safety. If possible please cancel his license.

My Name is : Mathuram Christhudoss J
Mobile : 9840987871

Mathuram J
lokendra.narwaria

Sep 19, 2013

Traffic Police Did not give the Challan Receipt

I have purchased the Bike on 18-09-2013 and went to get the vehicle no on 19-09-2013. while going to Showroom one traffic police van catch to me and told to pay the 2500 amount because you are driving the vehicle without no(that time vehicle KM only 44) and i told to him so many time( I am going to get the number), but he talked rudely to me, after that i agreed to pay the amount 2500.
after my agree to pay the 2500 he told to me give 1000 Rupees and go without challan.he taken Rs 1000 and did not given the challan.

This all action happened on 19-09-2013 5:10 PM before Adyar Police station signal right while going from Thiruvanmyur to Adyar.

hari saha

Sep 18, 2013

hit and run

Dear sir / madam ,

My name hari , one guy hit me and ran without stopping his vehicle i had some hurt ness and i had lost some money of mine while accident but I must have to complaint on him his vehicle registration number is TN 22 CC 5927 , please find him and help me sir/madam ... thank u very much.... my mobile numear is 9940454924 please let me know if that guy is finds .... thank you very much sir / madam ....... I hope it will happen soon ....
sivabios

Sep 13, 2013

Parking nuisance

I am Sivakumar R and living in 6/25, Moovar streer, East Tambaram. Chennai - 600059. For the past 4 days a Maruti 800 car

TN 09 K 3215 is parked in front of the house for 4 days. This has creates nuisance and is very suspicious to me. Please take necessary action.

Sivakumar
Ph: 9677146672
latha824

Jul 15, 2013

Needed Traffic signal

Respected sir/madam,
I has been a great trouble for the people to cross roads without signal at Mahalakshmi Nagar Junction,Chitlapakkam Main Rd, Selaiyur.Traffic police doesnt seem to be there all the time.There also has been small accidents while crossing.Please look after the problem and fix a signal so that people can cross without fear,

Latha
vijayma

Jun 21, 2013

Speeding and Negligence driving

Today my kid and myself luckily eascaped without any hurt,since I was drove in a limited speed.
The Maruthi A-Star car bearing number plate TN22BH2253 took a right turn wit high speed in a local road, Instead of realising his mistakes voluntarily gave his number and challenged me to take the action in any level I want.

This incident was happened on 6/21/2013 morning around 9AM in interior road in Madipakkam, I informed about this incidence with the traffic police near madipakkam AXIS bank signal, he not even bothered about what I am talking and asked me to clear the traffic and make a way for others.

We always react after an incidence, I just want to know any other proactive measures we can take against this type of rash and negligence dirvers and atleast let his family know that he is putting himself and others life in danger?

Vijay
R Suryanarayanan

Apr 15, 2013

Parking nuisance

I am Suryanarayanan R. I am a resident of 14/11, LIC Colony, Ashok Nagar, Chennai - 600083. Vehicle no. TN10 T 3846 has been parked in front of my house inspite of the owner of the vehicle having a car-park area in his flat. We tried to make him understand on the disturbance caused by the vehicle by parking it in front of our house. He says that we have no right in questioning him and hence he will continue parking it in front of our house. Can you please look into this issue ? It has been causing deep anguish and agony apart from everyday morning nuisance. Hoping to get your support and intervention in this issue so that people would follow rules.

Thanks and Regards,
Suryanarayanan R
raruna

Apr 15, 2013

Hit & Run

On 11.04.2013, I was proceeding to West Mambalam from Nanganallur in my Santro Car, TN 09 BS 0751 and stopped my vehicle on seeing the red signal at the traffic signals located opposite to Hyundai Motor Plaza Show Room, Ekkattuthangal. At around 10.45 am, a motor car bearing No. TN22BU3849 hit the rear side of my vehicle and as a result of the collision, the rear bumper portion got damaged. Immediately, I got down, after parking my vehicle at a corner with a view to ensure that there should be no traffic obstruction, and asked tried to stop the vehicle which hit mine from back. But the vehicle did not stop and sped away. However, I had noted the above vehicle number. Unfortunately, , there was no traffic cop at the material time. In this connection, I had to advise that I had already lodged a complaint on 11.04.13 around 10.30 am and explained in the said complaint the reasons for delayed filing of complaint.

In view of the above, would u please look into the issue and nab the culprit.

Thanking You, Sir,

Arunachalam R
9790935189 / 044-22242696
asatchid

Feb 12, 2013

HARASSMENT OF LAW ABIDING CITIZENS

I HAD PARKED MY CAR AT THE END OF THE ROAD ON
NO.1 BHANUMATHI RAMAKRISHNA ROAD,
SALIGRAMAM, CHENNAI – 600093 ON 12/2/13.
THE TRAFFIC POLICE MR.J ASHOKAN (S.I.) , PS JURISDICTION: ARCOT ROAD, HAD FINED ME WITH NO PARKING CHARGES OF Rs.375/- THE POLICE VAN NUMBER IS TN23 G 1019.

THERE WAS NO BOARD OF “NO PARKING” AT THE PLACE WHERE I HAD PARKED AND YET HE CLAIMS THAT THE WHOLE ROAD IS SUPPOSED TO BE A “NO PARKING AREA” . WHEN THERE IS NO “NO PARKING BOARD ”, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE SI CAN CHARGE ME Rs. 375/- AS FINE.
PLEASE REFUND THE CHARGES WHICH HAS BEEN IMPOSED ME ILLEGALLY.
WE ARE LAW ABIDING CITIZENS WHO FOLLOW THE RULES.

Feb 6, 2013

harrassment and compulsation to pay charges

yesterday dt 05.02.13. I went from my office to pick my daughter at school. the school function finished at 8.00 pm , i am on the way to school in that way my vehicle was stopped by traffic police at salcotas bridge down petrol bunk ,SI rajendran v ps jurisdication EVR SALAI and told me that u are talking in cellphone while driving, actually it was too late to pick daughter and she was trying my phone continuesily so when i disconnected the phone the inspector thought i was talking and told me to give rs 1100 penalty . when i argued and shown my membership in anti-corruption moment ,then he willingly charged RS 400.That is RS 100 for talking in mobile while driving and RS300 for speed driving. Sir without my signature in challen ,by putting my name signature himself he has collected spot fine.SIR as a high officer pls help me to give justice and refund my amount collected.
kiran kumar c jain, 16, kesva iyer st , park town chennai 600003 { mob 9381049845 } vehicle number TN 04 AJ 6859.

Nov 4, 2012

Irresponsible Traffic Adminstration

I am residing in Kelambakkam. There is no traffic signal facility in the Kelambakkam. Hence daily a number of accidents are accuring in this area. No traffic police in this area. There is violation of driving due to improper crossing facilities. Need to take immediate steps to avoid this.

Feb 17, 2012

Irresponsible Traffic Adminstration

hi my docomo sim card has been blocked by mistake please send me the puk code and my no .is 8148909158.and my serial no is 544111012223785
RAJARAM g

Feb 1, 2013

share autos near ashok pillar d 70 bus stop

SHARE AUTOS PARK AT THEIR CONVENIENCE INFACT WAIT FOR PASSENGERS WITH MUCH DISTURBANCES TO THE PUBLIC WAITING FOR BUSES. WHEN BUS STOP AT PILLAR D 70 ETC PUBLIC FINDS IT DIFFICULT TO WADE THROUGH SHARE AUTOS AND BOARD THE BUSES. DUE TO CONVENIENT PARKING OF SHARE AUTOS, BUS DRIVERS STOPS AT DIFFERENT PLACES AND MAKING PUBLIC TO RUN TO CATCH THE BUSES.
Suresh T Nair

Jan 31, 2013

noise pollution

I wonder why Chennai traffic police do not take any action against erring auto drivers, who have removed the curtains from inside their silencers ,which gives out a very nasty sound. Silencers are fitted to engines to reduce the noise of the engine. It is only in Chennai , that I find this problem.

Secondly, I have seen 4 wheelers driven with both the side mirrors closed inside. , or with some of them missing/broken. Why doesn't traffic police book them or this offense.

High pitch horns used by motorist are another problem faced by the road users.

What steps is the Chennai Traffic Commissioner contemplating to take to ward these problems ? These problems can be tackled by the traffic cops only. So please do the needful to help the motoring public form noise pollution.

Your reply in this regard will be highly appreciated. My email ID [email protected]
gargraje

Jan 31, 2013

Traffic problem at Nathamuni Theatre, Villivakkam, Chennai

Traffic coming from New Avadi Road, wants to turn to 111 MTH Road, Villivakkam, is not allowed to take turn at Traffic Signal, instead, it is forced to take 'U' turn opposite to Nathamuni Theatre. It is very difficult and horrible, specially for four wheeler to take 'U' turn opp. to Nathamuni Theatre, because they have to face speedy and fast traffic coming from Padi Fly Over.

Either traffic should be allowed to take turn Right, at Traffic Signal at Nathamuni Theatre or a Speed Breaker shall be put before crossing opposite to Nathamuni Theatre, Villivakkam to avoid accident.

Dec 26, 2012

Tinted glass/Sun film for Car

As Hon. SC has ordered to remove all Sun films from Car in the month of May/June 2012; however, recent past we could able to observe that lot of Cars & Buses having Black Sun film passes in front of Police officers without any problem.... Hence, request you to please clarify that the SC rule is still effective or there is any change on it. Also, noticed that in recent Delhi Gang rape case the bus which was used also had Black sun film.

A line in reply on the above subject will be highly appreciated.

With best regards,