Chennai Traffic Police

Consumer complaints and reviews about Chennai Traffic Police

Drvijai

Sep 3, 2018

Hit and run

1)OWNER NAME:- ANUSUYA PRABHAKARAN.

2)CAR MODEL:- MARUTI SUZUKI ALTO 800,LXI.

3)PH NO:- +919444915218.

4)ADDRESS:- MALAR COLONY, ANNANAGAR WEST, CHENNAI-600040.

5)EMAIL ID :[email protected]
Deepakpro

Sep 1, 2018

Height, position and location of signal

The traffic signal on 70 feet scheme road in Mahalingapuram, Nungambakkam, CHENNAI is not in the proper position or location and creating utter chaos for road users and the local population. Issue being raised time and again. What is the Chennai traffic police going to do about this?
SivaSPrakash

Aug 11, 2018

Traffic chaos at porur

This is to report chaotic traffic jams on ponnumalai road between DLF IT Park and Porur junction. The 3 lane road has been reduced to 1 due to the ongoing TNEB cable works and metro water lines, and what ever space is left is being occupied by illegally parked vehicles.

With the opening of new saravana stores at Porur, locals are really excited, however this has made matters far worse from traffic managenent, the flow of traffic is further chocked by U turns , padestrian crossing and not to mention the crazy drivers on wrong way, no helmet, talking on mobiles and doing all sorts of circus feats in front of helpless traffic police personal.

Having seen ingenious solutions implemented by Chennai traffic police ( sholinganallur signal for example) I believe the situation can be resolved effectively.U turns can be managed by there, and Foot over bridges at both DLF IT Park and Saravana Stores can provide safe passage to padastrians while ensuring smooth flow of traffic. The maintenance activities can be expedited and illegal parking cleared to ensure full utilization of the roads. Stricter actions need to taken on willful voilators ( cameras are Soon To be setup across Chennai as per a news article), wish their licenses are suspended for at least a month/ terminated to keep others safe on the road.

I would like to thank Chennai Traffic Police for all the hard work and dedication. Please employ modern technology to increase your effectiveness:)
anubhasharma

Jul 27, 2018

heavy duty vehicles in service lane in OMR

Though there is always traffic on OMR but today it was insane. the Accenture service lane in Sholinganallur on OMR was full with heavy duty vehicles like buses, trucks, tankers. Even government and school buses took the service lane instead of coming through the main road and when I told this to the traffic inspector J. Patrick, it did not have nay effect on him. I think acting like heroes after catching people who are driving under the influence of alcohol , it is also important to impose fines on these kind of drivers because they are making the general public's life miserable early in the morning!

Date: 27th July,2018
Unicorn.prav

Jul 20, 2018

nuisance parking

We reside in Annamalai nagar 1st street, mettupalayam market road, west mambalam. We have been facing a lot of issues lately that we are unable to drive our cars in our street and we could see a lot of cars and bikes parked both the sides with no proper parking and also the shops who reside there are occupying half of the road by placing all there items outside the road side with no space to drive through. Moreover many unknown bikes and cars are parked in front of our gate and if we ask them to move they are not ready to even move a little and using abusive languages.

I have been residing here for years and am seeing a lot of fights going on for this issue and sometimes its even escalated to R6 police station many a times. Kindly take some action on this because this is getting worst everyday with no improvements. All legal Car parking owners are facing this isuse, so we would really appreciate if you could sort this.
VimalaRengan

Jun 25, 2018

Give way for pedestrians

Please take some necessary action to give way for pedestrians.As jeyanthi signal is center point to connect adyar thiruvanmiyur and OMR usually have heavy traffic..but please consider people(pedestrians) over there.During pesestrian crossing the audio plays like "zebra crossing open 9 8 " and goes off... dont know where 7 to 1 goes.bikers rush towards us as the audio turns off .Please police men over there take necessary action and also citizen who are reading this please follow traffic rules.everyone have their own priorities duties..please value the people before you.

- person on foot
baskar4law

Jun 15, 2018

Illegal parking on the pathway and unauthorized occupation of same

I'm an advocate, living at H, 40/71, 7th Avenue, Ashok Nagar, Chennai, which is in the junction of 7th and 8th Avenues. Pathway adjacent and adjoining to our compound has been used for illegal parking and occupation by company opposite to our building. The same is causing huge problem not only to us but also for other road users. It's a very congested area. So please take appropriate action at the earliest to stop them from illegal parking and save the pathway.

R.BASKAR
Advocate
sandy.r

Jun 12, 2018

Velachery Road Unncessary Blockades

In Velachery Road unncessary blockades are placed in the morning narrowing a four lane road to a single lane and creating chaos
Karthick Damien

Jun 7, 2018

Rash driving

I was driving on my two wheeler June 8th morning at 2am. This yellow board Tata sumo almost came like hitting me and drove very fast.. Vehicle number Tn 11 p 3217.. Need serious action to be taken against the driver... It would have almost killed me.. I guess he was trying to pay around and threaten me.. please take him down and teach him a lesson.. It looks like a company vehicle for drop service..

Karthick
TN 09 BT 4686

May 28, 2018

TN 09 BT 4686

HI,
I'm travelling from Madurai to Bangalore on 27/05/2018 night with my family.

At Namakkal Tollgate Fastag track has been changed into another track. So I crossed to next track,

But behind drunken person came in ETIOS Car : TN 09 BT 4686. Who shouted with vulgar words and asking "Why are crossing to another track" even I explained him Issues on Fastag so I'm changing into another track.

But they behaved brutally and vulgarly and ask me to stop the car after toll gate. But I didn't Stopped.

Suddenly they start chasing me and in the middle of the highway road they start hitting my car and family and my son got scared.
I start shouting them and they rashed.

I made an complaint to Highway patrol police. Also I given there car number.
Saju20.26

Apr 28, 2018

HIT & RUN

I was on bike standing in the for the U turn, when the opposite signal was red and we got the signal to take U turn, a lorry driver jumped the signal, hit my bike badly and ran away. He didn’t even have a little courtesy to stop his vehicle and look back what happened. As the traffic was heavy some how I chased him with my damaged bike and asked him pull over his vehicle a side. Rather than stoping he tried to ride his lorry on my bike to escape. With the help of the public I stoped him and he was very rude and didn’t come out of the lorry and managed to ran away. I have noted his vehicle number TN20AF9918 (Ashok Leyland) lorry.

Kindly take action aginst this driver and revert back to me on my email I’d : [email protected]

A Mohammad Sajid
Irfan7862

Apr 26, 2018

Traffic Choas at Chettipedu

Everyday, I am traveling on Sriperumbudur to Poonamalle road. There is a huge traffic jam at Chettipedu crossing during day time since 7:30 am till 10 am. There are huge number of saveetha and Apollo college buses are from chennai towards apollo college road actually they have to take right at Chettipedu and enter through apollo college road but the vehicles those are coming from sriperumbudur to poonamalle are getting blocked bcoz of their crossing. we desperately need a traffic police over there to organize the traffic appropriately. Normally it takes 2 - 5 mins to cross the Chettipedu now a days its taking more than half an hour to cross bcoz of unorganized vehicles crossing.

Kindly take necessary action.
Sunil04

Apr 10, 2018

Rash driving and hit the parked bike

Hi sir,

I about to park near HCL GATE 3, SEZ IT PARK, SHOLINGANALLUR, the car from back side hit me and he went off. The security from noted down vehicle number and given to me. I escaped will small injuries because of helmet.

Vehicle number TN 22 DE 8971
Vijaypvj

Apr 2, 2018

Rash driving

Sir, on 1/04/2018 at 9.45AM a honda city car bearing registration no TN02AZ0190 hit my car by overtaking wrong side on left. He tried to squeeze between by car and a auto rickshaw. I stopped him and he just told me to claim thru insurance and speedway. Though the damage is minor scratches but the point is this driver is very rash and negligent and has no care for other road users. I would request you to book him for same and contact me for futher details if required. Thank you.
V K Murali

Mar 26, 2018

Trcuks,carspassing through colony making noises

Please make arrangements to divert the lorries ,school vans,and mini trucks to pass throgh the main road to reach vijayanagar bus terminus as we the senior citizens are suffering from the noise pollution as well as non stop movement of vehicles passing throgh the 7th Street of Tansi nagar.Motorists avoid the traffic snarling or they find it easy to pass through the colony to reach Velacheri road leading to saidapet.please intervene and solve this issue.

shganesh

Mar 21, 2018

Traffic Signal relocate reg

Hello Sir/Madam,

Traffic signal placed near Hazarath Syed Moosa Shah Quadiri Dargha, Annasalai, Near Buhari Hotel is not visible to the people who comes from Anna salai and try to take right to Dams road or U turn.

Sometimes MTC bus will hide the signal and moreover in Dargha they have placed Green light on top of it mount. Both Dargha Green light and signal light in green color people get confused while cross the road.

Please change the Signal location at centre of the median, so that people can easily check and move their vehicle without any hassle.

S.H.Ganesh
imranabid

Mar 17, 2018

public bus driver - Rash Driving

Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 1:30 PM approx

Around 1.30 pm i saw this public Bus Driver of number plate TN-32-N-3580 is driving very rashly puting other drivers on the road life at risk.

I informed him that he was driving very badly and putting others life in danger but he used bad language and told me to get lost.

I request you to take appropriate action on this Driver.

public bus driver - Rash Driving

sathyanarayanans

Mar 13, 2018

BASIN BRIDGE TRAFFIC JAM EVERYDAY

I am in north madras and i am passing everyday from Moolakadai to Parrys in via basin bridge heavy traffic for all the time/days while coming and going there is no time will struck up around 20 to 30 minutes maximum and there is no proper setting of traffic control its not an complaint and its required you action to resolve this huge traffic jam in basin bridge signal... Any alternative possible is there please adopt and help us to move without any traffic jam...
Thambykannu

Mar 9, 2018

Illegal Trafic Routing at DLF - chennai

Everyday, I am traveling on chennai mount poonamalle road. There is a huge traffic jam every now and then before and after 1km span near DLF and the reason for this is DLF security personnel blocking the public and allowing their vehicles to move. Happens every 15 mins. One has to wait 3-5 times in their block.No traffic police is involved in that place willingly. Creates huge chaos.

Kindly take necessary action.
Arul_07

Mar 8, 2018

Bribery at Perungalathur checkpost

For violation of traffic signal the cop, after getting original license, said that when the crime is tagged online to the database with a fine the original license needs to go to the registered(license) office and will return after 2 months.

Also demanded a bribe of Rs.200 with this reason.

How far is this true and acceptable when it or not a first time violation?
Arul_07

Mar 8, 2018

Bribery at Perungalathur checkpost

With this reason of holding original license the traffic police demands a bribe of Rs.200

How far is this true and acceptable when it a first time violation?

Arul
Ram Kumar

Mar 2, 2018

Rash driving - TN02BE8416

Rash driving, he is not following any traffic rules.

TN02BE8416 [Chennai (North-West) RTO,TN]
Owner:1-NAGARAJAN
Vehicle:SWIFT DZIRE TOUR DIESEL BS IV(DIESEL)
TOURIST MOTOR CAB / TAXI
RC/FC Expiry:13-Jul-18
Finance:MAHINDRA AND MAHINDRA FIN SER LTD
MV Tax upto:(LifeTime)
-Courtesy:MoRTH/NIC
Ram Kumar

Mar 2, 2018

Rash driving - TN02BE8416

Rash driving, he is not following any traffic rules.

TN02BE8416 [Chennai (North-West) RTO,TN]
Owner:1-NAGARAJAN
Vehicle:SWIFT DZIRE TOUR DIESEL BS IV(DIESEL)
TOURIST MOTOR CAB / TAXI
vjyprasad

Feb 22, 2018

Mamkakkam , Kandigai is poorly maned

Officer
In vandalur kelambakkam road, At the mambakkam junction looks a nightmare in the morning with poor management of traffic and Kandigai junction also gets locked tight without proper direction or a signal. Its high time to provision a signal in Kandigai junction as a matter of safety with vehicles increased on this route - heavy as well as light vehicles. Appreciate if you can deliver at least a proper manning to start with these two junctions.
M.M.BASHA

Feb 13, 2018

Visible pole required too too urgently

Anna nagar west towards kolathur we have padi fly over. At The entry point which divides into two, it is under stood that far too many vehicles and persons have broken parts hitting the median which divides climbing road and level road.
One barrel which was kept some days back, by some Samaritan has deformed into current shape after going through many different shapes each of which speaks volumes about agonies faced and broken ribs.
Urgency should be now rather than today, is necessary.
Please provide a day and night visible pole immediately.
I cross this place at least 2 times per day.