Chennai Traffic Police

Consumer complaints and reviews about Chennai Traffic Police

Malini.R

Feb 8, 2018

Traffic signal not working near iyapanthangal depo

Traffic signal is not working near iyapanthangal depo for past three months. I have inquired the same with traffic police who where on there on duty. hey said they
informed commission office they haven't take any action . please take necessary action people find it difficult while crossing the road without proper signal.
Sivakumar Kannan

Jan 26, 2018

Rash Driving - TN 11W 6026

Dear Sir, I want to report about rash driving by this vehicle driver. The vehicle number is TN11W 6026. Mahindra and Mahindra Tourister Van, Owner Balamurugan.G. registration-Tambaram RTO. He runs this private vehicle to pick up and drop school children at PSBB Millennium school, OMR, Near DLF Garden City, Semmancheri. It's not an official school van. It's a private van.

I live near Sithalapakkam, Chennai. I was on my way to my son's school to drop my son at school. This vehicle came at high speed and stopped within a few inches near my vehicle. Both myself and the vehicle driver came out of the vehicle and started exchanging a few words. The driver used abusive words and pushed my neck with his hands. I left that place in a few minutes and wanted to complain about this reckless driving and the abusive behavior of the driver. I request you to take severe action against this driver.

Hoping to see justice prevails here.

Sivakumar Kannan.
K.bhavani

Jan 13, 2018

Bribe

Respected sir.
Today my husband was driving towards triplicane on the way in Egmore a traffic police stopped him and checked the documents his insurance was expired . He asked for Rs 500 as bribe my husband refused to give . He asked to fine him . Then he paid Rs 600 as fine and asked the receipt . But the police man refused to give him the receipt . There was a big argument between them at last the policeman gave the receipt and slapped my husband . The policeman name is senthil Kumar .I request the higher officials to take necessary action over the policeman
By tax paying citizen
MFFebin

Jan 3, 2018

Traffic congestion

There is heavy traffic congestion and irregularities in the Manapakkam-Mugalivakkam road junctions from 8 am in the morning. We live 1. 5 km from our office and it takes 1 hour because of this. No traffic police is there inspite of calling many times to Police control room 103 and only some public trying to regulate. Importance is given to main roads only but the nasty blocks in such roads where long buses of schools also ply and creating frustration is not taken care of. Hope some traffic police will be posted during the peak hours in the morning and evening at the junctions including krishna court junction.
Ulaga

Dec 14, 2017

Traffic Choas- Porur Saravana Stores

We had a big relief after opening of Porur over-bridge and traffic was normal, we are happy for last couple of months. But for last 10days, after opening of Saravana Stores, we could not able to cross the place easily, minimum 30 -45 Mts time to cross this place. How the permission was given for 10 floor building in less than 100 feet road ?

How Police has given opening permission, despite there is a storm water work is on the same place which reduced the road space.

Traffic police has been deployed all the time, but they are working for Saravana Stores, not for common people.Simple example,

Saravana Stores Entry is on second gate and exit is on first gate - It is totally wrong, due to which vehicles are getting jammed. When we question, due to Vasthu, this is being followed. Traffic police should take it up immediately. Failing which, certainly common people will take this issue seriously.
Ulaga

Dec 14, 2017

Ramapuram Signal - Chaos

The worst signal is Ramapuram Signal.

A. When we wanted to take a right turn to go to Guindy from Manapakkam - Two & Four wheelers are blocking the road towards Ramapuram. Very difficult to take a right turn.

B. No pedestrian crossing is available. Despite many request, this is not been done. Pedestrians are risking their life. No floor marking and no signal.

C. When we taking right turn from Porur side to Manapakkam in the same signal, vehicles are passing on high speed on service road despite RED signal. Where is the discipline.

I have made many complaints to the respective officers many times, they show their inability to control the same, sad thing. How Chennai traffic police is going to take this issue.

Sorry to mention that, 90%o the time, Traffic police is resting on the booth, not really working on traffic signal.

Traffic Signal Near Chennai Trade Centre is barely visible

Situation: Green light barely seen (if you watch carefully, you can see dull green spots at some places), yellow light not functioning as a result RED signal comes from nowhere.

Traffic Signal Near Chennai Trade Centre is barely visible

Traffic Signal Barely Visible

The traffic signal near Chennai Trade centre junction in Nandambakkam is barely visible and the traffic police were often mute witnesses to the resultant chaos. Exact location: While coming from Guindy to Porur, the signal immediately after the Chennai Trade Centre exit gate. Opposite to Nandambakkam police station. Please repair them at the earliest.
Selvi123

Dec 8, 2017

Traffic at porur saravana store

I'm traveling from Anna university to poonamali by bus. Because of traffic I am started traveling after 7.30 pm.
Now the time is 9.pm . I couldn't cross the new porur saravana store at Lakshmi nagar. This travelling period affects my research. I'm spending 2.5 hours to reach the destination. Yesterday was the shop opening day so it's quite natural to have traffic. But today also traffic continuing because of Saravana store at porur. All peoples travelling in bus and other vehicles getting affected. Can't reach home early. Hence, I request you to clear the traffic or ban the sarava store.
mohan2017

Dec 6, 2017

Traffic Signal not working @ 200 Ft Road, Kolathur near Reliance Digital Junction

The Traffic Signal @ 200 Ft Road near Reliance Digital Junction is often not working and there is no Traffic Police stationed in that Area to control the Traffic. It is one of busy Junction with lots of in-disciplined drivers who have no patience to obey traffic rules when the Traffic signal Works.

Situation is worst when Traffic signal goes un-functional. Request the Authorities who sees this complaint to take necessary action for the safety of our Citizens.

Nov 30, 2017

Traffic on velacherry

You just have to make an alternative option r solution for this velacherry traffic..Everyone well aware and afraid of this road.. But think for few ppl this might be the only road for them to office r hospital..I'm afraid if any ambulance got stuck in this traffic that patient would be more crtitcal situation.. Coz i got the bus at 8.30 medavakkam in my area. Now time is 10.40 almost 1 nd half I'm struck in this phoneix road.. No action has been taken and this has been keep on reapting. Many ppl are suffering from this..please do the needful help
Ajay deepan

Nov 12, 2017

Accident and escape

Day before yesterday. When my brother was driving in the vandalur flyover. A bolero car was came rashly and hit my brothers royal Enfield he was fractured his left leg and heavily injured. That Scorpio guy was left from the place very tasty. We are worried and busy with the treatment that day. We had raised a complaint in vandalur police station. But we are postponing for this issue. Please help us to get some proper action.

Vehicle number :- tn11 k 0292
Vehicle model :- bolero ( mahendra )
Ashwin 007

Nov 9, 2017

Heavy traffic

Please clear the traffic near koyambedu
Ashwin 007

Nov 9, 2017

Heavy traffic

You have to clear the traffic in chepet Harrington road please I will go to office sir
karthi78

Nov 2, 2017

Fine for using car bluetooth speaker

To i was attending a phone call through my car blue tooth speaker while the phone was in charging dock. I was stopped by a police while i was driving through a narrow road at 20 kms/hr speed( Considering the road conditions post rain). They had fined my Rs1100 and collected copy of driving license. When i tried ask for additional explanations as i was neither picking my mobile in hand nor taking my hands out of steering , he threatened me of sending recommendations to RTO for license suspension if i dont accept the offence and pay fine. So ended up paying fine, handed over a copy of my license and left the place.
I wanted to know what does the law really say and can the police really suspend my license under these circumstances
Citizen_Chennai

Nov 2, 2017

No Traffic Police during busy hours which making our life unsafe

Traffic Police should play a strike role near Maddipakkam junction signal (As soon as we cross Velachery flyover. Kaiveli bus stop Signal). Most of the over speeding Cars/Bikes/Big vehicles don’t bother to stop even though signal is RED. It’s very rare we see Traffic police during busy hours/evening times. Very difficult for public to cross the road. Any time accident/badly damage can happen. Even, there are few cases of mobile/gold snatching in recent past as no one maintains the traffic rules at this signal.

On behalf of all citizens at this area, requesting you please look into this issue which will make easy our life and safe.

bjacinth

Oct 27, 2017

Traffic signal not working in Sipcot , OMR

Mornings are very busy at Sipcot ,OMR due to employees travelling to their offices. But the traffic signal at Sipcot junction on OMR road does not work except for a day or two. No policeman is also regulating the traffic. This results in complete chaos. No steps have been taken either by the Sipcot officials to take this forward. Kindly do the needful at the earliest.

Bernice,
gopi002

Oct 17, 2017

Rash drivng

The driver of this vehicle TN 09 BP 4280 with yellow board was traveling with 4 others guys. He had almost hit me and just flew on 17/10/17 near meenambakam signal at around 6:30 P. M. When chased and questioned, the other guys started abusing me badly. Kindly requesting to take appropriate actions on them

Rash drivng

CDharmaraj

Oct 16, 2017

Cheating by Chennai Traffic Police

I got stopped on Marina Beach road on Sunday 15th Oct evening for going through a red light - basically the light turned from green to red without amber and I could not stop in time. However I was at fault so when the policeman pulled me over I did not argue and agreed to pay the fine.I was so impressed that he was not asking for a bribe and just told me he had to fine me for the offence. He was extremely polite and took my license and Rs.300 (the fine amount) and asked me to stay in the vehicle until he brought the receipt.

It was dark and there was a lot of traffic so I just put the receipt and license in my bag and proceeded. I looked at the receipt later to find that it was for Rs.100 and 'lane-jumping'. In effect he and his colleagues had happily pocketed the Rs.200. No wonder he thanked me!!
If ordinary people like us are deceived by the police like this, how do they expect the public to trust and go to them when we are in any trouble??

Have enclosed the receipt in case the department wishes to identify the individuals and take any action.

C.Dharmaraj

Cheating by Chennai Traffic Police

MathaviT

Oct 6, 2017

10,Spurtank Road Chetpet

The office complex in No.10 Spurtank Road is using the entrance of Venugopal Avenue as their parking space .There are 35 bungalows with only this space as entrance and exit to the main Road.There are two wheelers and cars parked on both sides of the road 24×7 throughout the year.Please help the honest taxpaying residents by declaring the zone as tow area or no parking area to give us free entrance to our homes.
Mathavi(Venugopal Avenue Residents Association )9444184915

raju1241

Sep 27, 2017

RASH DRIVING TN11 F 3393

MAXI CAB REG NO. TN11 F 3393
RASH DRIVING ACCIDENT MAKER. NEVER FOLLOWED TRAFFIC RULES.
Get Suresh

Sep 16, 2017

Suggestion

The number of provisions for "U" turn is very high between Porur flyover and Kattupakkam. the Road is very Narrow after
SRMC and especially during Peak Hours 6.30 a.m to 8.30 a.m there are number of U Turns and accumulates the traffic.

Number of vehicles takes U turn on Left side and block the Traffic and on the right side the School and College buses make the stops
for picking . Literally the Road is blocked on both sides.

Also, the number of Water tankers and JCBs are allowed inside the City.

Can you make some arrangements on Managing the U turns during Peak Hours and restriction of Water Tankers, trucks and JCBs during peak hours in side the city during Peak Hours.

Shyam sundar.R

Sep 11, 2017

Hit and Run TN 22 DE 9054

TN 22 DE 9054 chevrolet enjoy(Travels vehicle).The guy was driving in a very rash manner and without even noticing me coming, he hit the back bumper of my car and ran away without stopping the vehicle. I kindly request the chennai Traffic police to take necessary action against these drivers.

Shyam sundar.R,
m:+91 9789919283
Shyam sundar.R

Sep 11, 2017

Hit and Run

TN 22 DE 9054 Chevrolet Enjoy.The guy was driving in a very rash way in a narrow street in nanganallur and without even noticing my car ,dashed on the back bumper and ran away without even stopping the vehicle. I tried to trace the vehicle but couldnt. Chennai police please take neccesary actions against these drivers.