Chennai Traffic Police

Consumer complaints and reviews about Chennai Traffic Police

Shiva Prakash Srinivasan

May 9, 2017

Taffic police not working

There is a signal joining Madipakkam Main road to Velachery-Tambaram main road call the Kaiveli Junction. There is a signal and a policeman at this location. The traffic from Velachery to Madipakkam (a right turn) does not stop for the traffic from Madipakkam to Tambaram (another right turn) no matter whether the signal is green or otherwise. There are multiple instances when this has led to near accidents on my vehicle. I have brought this to the attention of the police man at the signal who just shrugged his shoulders and stated that it is a problem and I have to adjust. I transport my children from my house to the school at this signal and he does not seem to care if I get into an accident or they get injured.
Please help me address this incompetence and I dont care attitude of the police personnel.
Ashwin Kumar Khatri

Apr 20, 2017

Traffic Policeman

Owing this to the forum, i have a good respect for our chennai police, but this incident took on Monday at Dharamprakash signal, i follow traffic rules and halted my car at the yellow signal awaiting to take the right. As signal turned green, two cars violated and over took from left hand side and corned me, by the time i could move ahead in the middle of road to take right, signal turned red. And people in the bikes do not adhere or respect the rules and blocked me further. The policeman was watching all this, the movement i took the right as i had no other option to avoid traffic, the policeman came running to and state you have violated the rules and he is going to file an accident compliant on me. I told him am at no fault, then he demanded for a bribe of 200 rs else he would file additional complaints on me, Its was unfair so on true and cannot believe that few of our Chennai Traffic policeman do such cheap behavior.
Ashwin Kumar Khatri

Apr 20, 2017

Voilation of a traffic policeman

Owing this to the forum, i have a good respect for our chennai police, but this incident took on Monday at Dharamprakash signal, i follow traffic rules and halted my car at the yellow line awaiting to take the right. As signal turned green, two cars violated and over took from left hand side and corned me, by the time i could move ahead in the middle of road to take right, signal turned red. And people in the bikes do not adhere or respect the rules and blocked me further. The policeman was watching all this, the movement i took the right as i had no other option to avoid traffic, the policeman came running to and state you have violated the rules and he is going to file an accident compliant on me. I told him am at no fault, then he demanded for a bribe of 200 rs else he would file additional complaints on me, Its was unfair so on true and cannot believe that few of our Chennai Traffic policeman do such cheap behavior.
Me.richasharma

Apr 10, 2017

Misbehaviour of a traffic police

It hasn't been more than a week to this incident and it has left me perturbed for the future.
Previous Sunday, my friend and I on a bike, took a right from CV Raman road to TTK Road where the cops, standing near Ajnabee, stopped us as my friend wasn't wearing a helmet. It WAS our mistake so we agreed to pay the fine of Rs. 300. The cop returned 100 and said, "we are here to help you". He showed mercy(or so he thinks).
In the middle of all this, I asked one of that gang of 5 cops why he stopped only a few whereas let many others go who weren't wearing helmets.
It hurt his ego so much that he took my (male) friend's bike keys and started taking the scooter away. When I asked what had happened, he didn't speak to me as he didn't want to speak to a woman. He could use his power on a man, which he tried doing. Of course, I felt sorry and apologised for asking a valid question politely. He didn't care and started showing his power of calling seniors. I then joined my hands and apologised even more because he looked like he would beat my friend up anytime. Yes, I was scared because he behaved like a goon and not a helper! I've never been in a situation like this before and dont know what's the protocol.
MaheshVelwat

Apr 3, 2017

Traffic cause cause of Loyola college

Dear sir;
Due to college leaving only at 6.30 pm and corporate offices also close at that time, there seems to be a lot of traffic outside Loyola college. Students are returning home really late. I would kindly suggest you to take initiative. Or ask the college to start college at 12.30 and end it by 5.30 pm.
This is a complaint from around 50 members in the moms club from the students of Loyola college. Thank you sir
Augustine_Selaiyur_Chennai

Mar 29, 2017

How do we deal with police asking for bribe

I am Augusitne a resident of Selaiyur, East Tambaram, Chennai.
Today i was coming to office through West Tambaram and i found myself crossing the red signal. And the Traffic police personnel stationed there, came & stopped my car. I accepted that it's my mistake and i asked him if i could pay the fine through Card. He said that the SI should come to do that. And finally, i ended up paying bribe and i am ashamed of myself for that coward act.

Can someone help me on how to deal with this situation? Is there a way to pay the fine amount and get the receipt quickly?

Mar 25, 2017

Rash driving SCORPIO TN 50 P 2990

Rash driving and accident near Ambattur:

This is Saravanan from West Mogappair(Nolambur)

On 24 Mar 2015, I was crossing vavin signal and suddenly saw Scorpio white vehicle TN 50 P 2990 violating the red signal from side which hitted my new car EON badly. My car got damaged heavily and furious Scorpio driver didnt even had courtesy to turnback.

I was very upset due to this accident. I request a traffic police to be posted at the junction as I always notice all vehicles speeding and breaking the rules.

Kindly I request you to take an action immediately.I have attached the Scorpio car.

Rash driving SCORPIO TN 50 P 2990

Anbuselvam.J

Mar 18, 2017

Parking Issues

Respected Sirs,

I am Anbuselvam resident of Loganathan 4th Street, Nehru Nagar, Nanmangalam, Chennai 600117. Vehicles are parked by the Private Van owner obstructing the access to residents of the street and to the government burial ground.

Despite many complaints the Van owner continues to park his vehicle and every time we the residents of the street have to ask him to move his vehicle. Whenever such request is given to him to move the vehicle parked in the street, he slurs abusive words and shows a uncultured behavior.

We request you to initiate a "No Parking" board for the street and take necessary action to avoid the obstruction to the street.

Anbuselvam

Parking Issues

Arthi Chinna

Mar 18, 2017

Parking issues at Indian Bank,Puliyur - Sellampatti Road, Barur, Tamil Nadu 635201, India

My name is vaantha kokilam, resident of
Barur Village & Post,
Near barur Indian bank,
Pochampalli, Krishnagiri, 635201
and have lot of issues due to the Indian Bank, Barur, Krishnagiri, Tamilnadu. Its located just beside my house as a result all customers park their vehicles in front of my door or on the pathway to my home. Its very inconvenient for all locality members. I have already talked, argued with the bank manager but in vain. Please provide alternate facilities or a fence wall for bank to restrict illegal and encroaching parking

Hope to see an response,
Vasantha Kokilam,
+91 8019103818
Srivigowri

Mar 13, 2017

Rash driving near Tidel and accident

I am a resident of Thiruvanmiyur and i have to cross Tidel signal everyday around 630am. Last week, i was driving as usual and i saw the red light at Tidel and stopped my vehicle. A speeding Tavera Travels vehicle with license plate TN22 CR 3098 hit my car from behind and my car moved a few meters in the impact. I could not find a traffic police to register my complaint with.

I request a traffic police to be posted at the junction as i always notice all vehicles speeding and breaking the rules. Noone stops for red light.

bkrajan

Mar 3, 2017

Noise Pollution by Water Can Supply van

This is Kanakarajan. from Ramasamay Street, Goplapuram, Chennai.This is inform you that The Vehicle Name Callled MDV Transport which is supplying Water Cans is creating noise pollution by putting reverse horn during night time as well as day time.
Loading and Unloading happens in the mid of the road. Parking their 2 Mahindra & Tata Ace Aside the small lane creates problems to other resident vehicle to enter to their residents.During Morning session, School going children vehicles are suffering lot due to thier road side parking.

Pl. necessary action and do the needful.
oppraveen

Mar 2, 2017

Dangerous condition for pedestrians on 100 Feet road

Repsected Sir,

I am O.P.Praveen and live on the 100 feet Road or Jawaharlal Nehru Road. I have noticed that the roads have bad quality pedestrian platform ( from Vadapalani towards Koyambedu) and what ever is there is used by platform sellers or used for parking thus making this useless for pedestrians. All of them now use the carriageway to walk putting themselves and others in risk, this is turn slows traffic, the roads are dirty with food, plates, plastic cups and bottles.

Now the same road which is pretty wide from Koyambedu Flyover towards Thirumangalam is suffering the same problem. Slowly but surely eateries, platform sellers, platform dwellers are taking over. How do we stop this?

All the police on duty there have to do is to discourage these people so pedestrians can use it safely. It is a very simple task. regular fines will ensure wrong doers will not repeat their illegal work.
Ramakrishna Bhat

Feb 26, 2017

Traffic control

In porur kundrathur main road, from madanathapuram juntion to bayikkadai bridge there is heavy traffic conjunction daily on weekdays from morning 7 :30 am onwards itself. Very long Cue almost 1 1/2kms. The reason for this conjunction is at muglivakkam mangadu cross. Vehicles move without control and at the junction Road also damaged.

Humbly request to arrange clear road and engage one police to regulate police. it will be very appreciable if 3 police regulate from madanathapuram to bayikkadai bridge.

Hope action will be taken

Ramakrishna Bhat
prabakarants

Feb 23, 2017

TRAFFIC ASSISTANCE

Please provide traffic police assistance at Saraswathi Nagar entrance from MTH Road, Thirumullaivoyal, Avadi, Chennai - 600 062 atleast during peak hours, if not full time. There are so many school going children coming from Saraswathi Nagar. TS Prabakaran
SENTHIL PRAKASH k

Feb 22, 2017

65 km per hour

Ecr road nearVGP to akkarai myself drive car 65km per hour police they charge over speed , there is on speed limit board this is second time for me (how many km speed to drive there pls sir )
prakashjaya

Feb 21, 2017

Air, Noise Pollution

It is inform that there was a private open ground near Puthu Koil Kamaraj Nagar, Subash Nagar Extension Kadapa Road Puthagaram Chennai-99 which comes under Chennai corporation city limit 24th ward, now the complaint is those are exclusive residential areas nowadays that open ground is let for the Heavy Vehicle Lorrys which they park the vehicle,loading and unloading the rubbish material for business activities which canot be taken place in that area..

Now i state that because of those activity the heavy vehicles travelling round the clock in that area which crates the following problem to the Innocent Public People

1. Rash & Negligent Driving which people and childrens daily afraid if any accidents took place (Fitness certificate to be ensured)
2. Air,Noise pollution by continuos Honking of Horns round the clock (creates nuisance)
3. People completely lose their sleep because of the Lorry Noise in Night times
4. Serious Road Damages which results in senior peoples,womens,childrens fell and met with the accidents..

Si i request you to take action against the Heavy Vehicle Lorry Drivers and owner of the Plot and restrict the Heavy Vehicles from entering into Residential area and not to create problem to public by air and noise pollution which leads to serious health hazardous to human...

M.Jayaprakash
giridhaar

Feb 20, 2017

Parking two sides of road

It is making big chaos in Surapet main road junction and Vinayakapuram junction - near bus stand. Many street side shops with two many vehicles parking on both sides of the street.
Prefer a road divider from Retteri to Vinayakapuram being the road has too many vehicles passing by and both sides not permitted parking
srini11

Feb 16, 2017

Traffic violations by MTC

This is Dr. Srinivasan. Traffic violation-by MTC bus driver at Aminjikarai market signal on 16-02-2017 at about 11.55AM. Traffic Constable at work is speaking unruly to me for asking him about the MTC driver who had violated the signal since it was happening in front of him and asks me to step down of the car and speak with him. If he is courageous he should tell the same to MTC driver. Cowardly act by police. Trying to be authoritative to general public. Shameful act. Kindly look into the issue.
Siddharth05

Feb 7, 2017

Complain for rash driving Innova car TN 10 x 1533

Today 7th Feb around 8:45 pm in mount road Innova car TN 10 X 1533 was very rash I(Siddharth from egmore) just got escaped. I want to raise complaint against the car owner for rash during peak hours.
Arunanirru

Feb 1, 2017

Traffic in kundrathur from manachery to nall road

Dear sir ,
I can see most of the festival time, marriage days the pammal road near kumdrathur manachery to nall road junction lot of traffic. Unable to go to kovur also , as we need to travel via that road. I'm seeing this issue for fast 5 year. At least police men's should be there at this occasion should regulate the traffic.
Also the road should be widen in kuntradhur near EB.
Please take action , this will help a lot for the travellers to avoid time waste due to traffic's . especially ladies workers.

Thanks in advance,
raviprakashraju

Jan 30, 2017

2 Wheeler Hit and Run - TN 11 Z 3355

Today @ 9 PM, I was coming from Medavakkam and taking U turn @ Bharat Petroleum, near Casa Grande Apts on Velachery - Tambaram main road. There is also a small vegetable shop at this U turn. Since the 2 wheelers are parked on the road, it's difficult to take U turn in one shot.

While I was taking reverse and taking forward, all the vehicles towards to Medavakkam from Velachery are stopped but there is one 2 wheeler (registration - TN 11 Z 3355) couldn't have patience and asking me why are you coming to left side with a nasty look. I told him that I can't do it. Then all of sudden he got furious and willingly hit my CAR bumper and ran. He damaged my car bumper.

He doesn't have b#@$ to stay and talk to me. How can the system punish these idiots/rowdies?

I found this vehicle belongs to Madhana Gopal S R. Registered in Sholinganallur.

Ravi.
ananthaas

Jan 29, 2017

Space for U turn in median

2nd Avenue is going to be opened for 2-way traffic from 30th Jan. Kindly Open at least one median for TOWER PARK GOERS.
It can either be Ayyappan Temple median or Annanagar Club median( Opp Nalli).
Thousands of residents in R,S,U,V,W,X,Y will be benifited.

Thankyou
Ananthanarayanan
Resident X Block No 11
Ramesh122

Jan 15, 2017

Can cause traffic accident

The entry into Urur kuppam from Urur Olcott kuppam road is very narrow. Often people park their cars at this junction overnight which could cause serious accidents. Adyar traffic police are requested to take necessary action and make this spot a no parking area.

Can cause traffic accident

ainul.marlia

Jan 12, 2017

Over Speeding and Rash driving

Hi Sir/Madam,

Today a car was over speeding and rash driving by nearly missing us , Please take necessary action.

Model :Toyoto Etios
Car No : TN 23 CZ 7733
Date & Time :12 Jan 2017 ,Morning 7.15
Area : OMR road , Near Tidel signal

Santhoshkmanickam

Jan 2, 2017

Rash driving TN 13 F6612 Mahindra Xylo

Observed rash driving near Poonnamalle fly over.

Please check and do the needful to take action.

Mahindra Xylo white color
TN 13 F6612 yellow board.
02nd January, 2017