Chennai Traffic Police

Consumer complaints and reviews about Chennai Traffic Police

venkatnagu

Aug 14, 2016

illegal parking

Illegal parking at west saidapet perumal koil street near the perumal koli tank incase of emeregy also cant access the place due to illegal parking for your kind reference please find the attached photo take neccessary ASAP.

Thanks and regards,
Venkat
Sheetal S Jain

Aug 12, 2016

Temple mandapam causing traffic / No way for cars to move

This is to bring to your notice that there is lot of traffic and disturbance caused due to the mandapam built for the temple in my street. Its very difficult to even bring a small car inside the street. As this happens without prior notice to any residential places in the street. The street is blocked by steel rods that even an ambulance will not be able to enter the street during emergency. Also a new marriage hall is built in the street and most of the vehicles(2 wheeler) visiting will park it in the middle of the street itself and no person from the marriage hall is taking care of it. I request you to kindly look into this matter and help us in such a way that this issue could be resolved permanently.

Place : Amman Koil, Kondithope
Street : Krishnappa Agraharam St ( Temple at the corner of the street and marriage hall build next to it )

Sheetal Jain
Ph:7667405378 / 9789923448
DPRaj

Aug 11, 2016

Improper parking hindrance to neighbors

THIS IS TO BRING IT TO YOUR ATTENTION THAT A Maruthi Suzuki Swift WITH No KA 51 M 3886 WHICH IS BEEN PARKED AT MY HOUSE AND GIVING HINDRANCE.. FOR THE LAST 4-5 DAYS NO ONE HAS COME TO TAKE THE VEHICLE AND NONE OF THE NEIGHBORS ARE AWARE. WOULD URGE YOUR DEPARTMENT TO FIND THE DETAILS OF THE OWNER OF THE VEHICLE / INVESTIGATE AND CLEAR THE ISSUE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE. This is in Kannappa Nagar Extn, Thiruvanmiyur near the Park.. coming under the jurisdiction of J6 Thiruvanmiyur police station.

Improper parking hindrance to neighbors

Lakshmi priya M.P.R

Aug 8, 2016

No signal board in Guindy

There is no signal board in Chakarapani Street, Guindy nearby Maduvangarai bridge. That is the main Junction where it connects race course road and velachery phoenix road.

Also there is no traffic police especially peak hours evening 6 pm to 9pm.

Please do some needful help. This will help many of them.

Priya
sr mohan

Aug 1, 2016

ILLEGAL PARKING GIVING HINDRANCE TO HOUSES

THIS IS TO BRING IT TO YOUR NOTICE THAT A DUSTER VEHICLE TN 42 H 3040 WHICH IS BEEN PARKED AT MY HOUSE IS NOT ONLY GIVING HINDRANCE FOR THE LAST 10 DAYS...... ALSO IT IS STRANGE THAT NO ONE HAS COME TILL DATE TO TAKE THE VEHICLE WHICH IS ALSO CREATING FUSSY AND LOOKS TO BE DANGEREOUS ISSUE ON SAFETY AS WELL. WOULD URGE YOUR DEPARTMENT TO FIND THE DETAILS OF THE OWNER OF THE VEHICLE / INVESTIGATE AND CLEAR THE ISSUE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE.

S.RAM MOHAN / 9841017089

ILLEGAL PARKING GIVING HINDRANCE TO HOUSES

hariviswam

Jul 31, 2016

traffic jams

Everyday morning around 5.45 AM to 6.45 AM traffic Jam are happening at gunidy brigde opp to metro station. Feels lot on omni bus,autos and cabs are occupying most of the area and finds no service traffic police are there. Requesting your services on this area and making proper arrangement without affecting others. Thanks
abna

Jul 18, 2016

Coconut and Florist occupying busy road VM street Corner

I would like to bring it to your notice that the VM street Corner intersecting LLOYDS road in Ryapettah is occupied with a Tender Coconut Shop ( Elaneer Thallu vandi - vehicle) and along with a florist shop exactly at the curve point. This junction is very crucial junction because
all the school students are supposed to pass this curve (edge) between Lloyds Road and VM street junction,

Please take necessary action and remove the mobile tender Coconut (Elaneer Thallu vandi and a Florist shop ) that is located and acting as point of big trouble for the passers especially school students.

Chennai city Traffic police kindly take necessary action at the earliest and treat this as urgent matter of issue and concern

Address:
Road Joining VM street with LLOYDS Road ( Exactly diagaonal opposite to Nagathaman koil).

Action required: PLease remove the Corner Tender Coconut shop and florist shop (thallu vandi)
LAKSHMINARAYANAN RAVI

Jul 12, 2016

unsafe travel from jayalakshmipuram to Mada street Nungambakkam

Dear Sir, We wish to bring to your kind notice that from Jayalakshmipuram toward Mada Street Nungmabakkam Chennai 600 034 is unsafe to travel in the same street due to local people are occupied the road fully, due to this we are finding difficult many Collage - school bus / vans / office goers / business people are find very difficult to use the road and local people also finding very difficult due to many vehicle movements.
Many public are using the same road during the day and finding very difficult to travel especially school bus and vans To prevent accidents / considering road safety for both the people those who are living on the streets. Sometime is unsafe to travel on that road.

kindly consider our humble request and instruct the competent authority in Nungambakkam. to take preventive action We don’t have any other reasons / motive for this suggession / complaint betterment of our commuter to use the vehicle without any difficulty .Considering the above we seek your intervention for road safety for general public.

L Ravi . 9043043079/ 9444073333
dhanapals

Jul 11, 2016

Parking in front of private parking space

Today morning, an unidentified vehicle TN01 G 4485 parked in front of my house parking causing no two wheeler to be parked inside the parking. There is no man around the vehicle and my tenants two wheeler was inside the parking and was not able to take outside because of this vehicle. I have taken snapshot of this vehicle and attaching here.

Dhanapal S

Parking in front of private parking space

Parent123

Jul 5, 2016

Wrong side parking by auto drivers

Auto drivers near maharishi vidya Mandir school opposite to skywalk mall are creating lot of problem. The auto parking area is onto the right side of the toad while they are parking on the left side of the road and creating inconvenience to the nearby residents and also the parents coming to pick the children from schools. We parents are unable to find any parking for our vehicles and even if we find the auto man comes and parks his auto right next to our vehicle and create havoc. I request the Chennai traffic police team to takr this matter seriously. This is happening near maharishi vidya Mandir lkg/ UKG classes next to MR hospital opposite to skywalk mall, Chennai , Tamil nadu
alokacharjee

Jul 4, 2016

Minor driving bike without helmet in dabgerous manner

On Saturday July 02 2016 around 01:30 pm below rush driving was observed.

Minor driving bike dangoursly without helmet (TN 18 M 2947) on greens road between Apolo hospital and Lalit Kala Acamedy.
Vivek.ns

Jun 30, 2016

Rash Driving

Dear Sirs,

I could have been killed by cab driver of Vehicle TN03BV730 because of his rash driving.

The incident happened at Medavakkam, Chennai at 11.55 PM on 30th June 2016.

Can anyone tell me how do I report this ?

Vivek.
+91-9952668462.
prabakarants

Jun 28, 2016

No traffic police /signal

Saraswathi Nagar Main Road is located at MTH Road, Ambattur, Near Vivekanda School, Ambattur. In the morning, huge traffic
jam is occurring in the Saraswathi Nagar Main Road entrance. Due to high way passing vehicles, children are not able to cross
the road to reach Vivekanda School located other side of the road. No traffic police is stationed here. Request you to provide traffic police assistance atleast morning 8.00 to 9.30 even if not through out the day. Kindly consider. I believe, if you visit once, you will accept my concern. Thanks
TS Prabakaran, Mobile : 87544 87642
LDB

Jun 25, 2016

ACCIDNET

Dear Sir /Madam

The vehicle No. TN09BS 2848 pertaining to OLA cab was hit and damaged my car due to rash drive. I have ask the driver to come police station but he run away from the spot.

DATE AND TIME : 25.06.2016 11.00 am
PALCE : ANNA ARCH, ARUMBAKKAM

Over phone I have contacted your complaint cell No. 103 and immediately I received call from Mr.saloman (9444921350).

Kindly take necessary action to concern driver /OLA cab and confirm.

L.DHARANI BABU

accident

Dear Sir /Madam

DATE AND TIME : 25.06.2016 11.00 am
PALCE : ANNA ARCH, ARUMBAKKAM

Kindly take necessary action to concern driver /OLA cab and confirm.

L.DHARANI BABU
DY.MANAGER (ADMIN)HR
BHARAT PETROLEUM CORPORATION LTD
MOB : 9840130095
venkatasubramaniam dhandapany

Jun 23, 2016

traffic signal not working

since 10th June 2016, the traffic signal, of one direction, is not working at alwarthirunagar megamart junction on Arcot road. one of the most busiest, notorious intersection in Chennai since yesteryears. on enquiry with the officer on duty on 22nd june 2016 it was informed that a cable is required to be replaced and the FILE for APPROVAL and BUDGET allocation has been sent to the COMPETENT AUTHORITY. The AMOUNT INVOLVED IS Rs.8000 (RUPEES EIGHT THOUSAND ONLY). Lives of thousands of people using this intersection is not worth Rs.8000 /-
samkumaar

Jun 14, 2016

Motorists not obeying traffic siganl

Motorists are not stopping at the traffic light leading from udyam theatre towards right leading to 11th avenue and KFC,, making it very dangerous to cross the road. You can have a visit to this place and see for yourself. It is the road where Hotel Anjappar and Bharat scans exist. If you can post someone here, then the motorists will stop and it will be easy to cross the road. Please do help the residents in this area.

Sampathkumar
Jaydhiv

Jun 9, 2016

Signal switched off in the morning

Ambika appalam signal in adyar, chennai is switched in the morning till 8.15 am everyday. It creates lot of commotion and fear especially for those who take school children in two wheelers. No traffic constable standing there today 10th June 2016 . I was dashed by a car at the signal at 7.50 am. The car simply passed on after dashing me and vehicle. My child and I fell down and we're hurt. Also there should be a restriction for 4 wheeler entry into service road which scares the residents coming towards the signal either by walk or by two wheeler. Pl take immediate action on these matters and save lives.
cskumaar

Jun 9, 2016

Dangerous driving and not minding motorists

Dear Sir, Today I felt that my life got saved from an major accident due to god's grace. As everyone knows Pallavaram-Thoripakkam highway is the most dangerous zone prone to accidents near OMR.This morning i got a worst experience where a black maruthi swift crossed me with just few inches (more than 100 kmph speed ) before Chennai one SEZ building to overtake another four wheeler.It was really a reckless and dangerous drive and really the driver didnt care about motorists.I tried to speed up and catch hold of the car but couldnt get hold of him. May I request you to take necessary action against those drivers who put the motorist life on a toss.

I managed atleast to note down the vehicle number and the car model.If you can trace the Thorpaipakkam toll between 10.45 and 11.00 am (10/Jun/16) we can catch hold of the driver.Please let me know if you need more information

Model: Black Maruthi swift
Vehicle no- TN 22 BE 9979
Date: 10-Jun-17
Time: Between 10.35 and 10.40 near Thoriapakkam dump zone

Thanks and Regards,
Sukumar
psbhat

Traffic Signal Not working

Trafic Signal in a circle near lake, by pass road, velachery Chennai is not working . It is very dangerous to cross the signal. Please repair the signal before somebody is met with accident.
balkhis

TRAFFIC SIGNALS NOT FUNCTIONING

THE TRAFFIC SIGNALS AT ICF BUS TERMINUS/ICF HOSPITAL ON MTH ROAD IS NOT FUNCTIONING FOR THE PAST 4 (FOUR) MONTHS. MOTORCYCLE RIDERS & CAR DRIVERS ARE FACING TOUGH TIME IN CROSSING THE ROADS WITH THEIR FAMILIES &CHILDREN. IT IS HIGH TIME SIR, TO DO THE THE NEEDFUL AND AVERT ACCIDENTS AND KEEP THE PUBLIC SAFE.
THANKING YOU,
nizzamdeen

May 30, 2016

Harassment on Public by Traffic Police

Since May 2012 mount road traffic has been diverted into Thiru Vi Ka Salai (General Patters Road). Thousands of retail shops and merchandise shops dealing with 2 wheeler parts, car parts and truck parts. Our shop is Liberty Motor Stores located in 32/109, General Patters Road , Opp.Jayapradha Theatre, Chennai-2 which is a registered firm since year 1960. we are depending on our trade and we are paying all taxes properly.

Since 2012, due to traffic problems, the parking on Thiru Vi Ka Salai was removed in the whole road and the harassment of city traffic police is growing day by day in this area. Due to this reason our sale was affected and the profit margin also reduced a lot. In fact the VAT and the other tax revenues what we are paying to state government also been reduced.

On 30/May/2016 around 01.40 PM , a customer came to our shop in Honda Amaze. The customer references all given below and in the attachments. Even he has paid his road tax in full and he stopped his car to buy engine oil for his vehicle. The traffic constable named Mr.N. Arul adamently stopped his huge towing vehicle in front of our shop and locked my customer's car from the right side of the road. He requested the constable to spare 3 minutes only to settle the bill, but he refused and he was unable to complete the deal and he went away . Later came back to complete the purchase after sometime.

Also many Government vehicles are being parked for so many hours , they never care or lock or charge fine on them, when we question them for not charging the government vehicles, they will put a lock on the wheels for time being and without charging fine for them the lock will be released.

what is the difference on this? what is the exemption on those vehicles? Are we not paying the taxes for the roads? we dont have any rights to use the road for a temporary parking?

There is no sign board mentioning NO PARKING boards on both sides of the roads and a regular delivery vehicle is paying their charges and Mr.Arul is always taking a bribe of Rs.50 regularly from the driver Mr.Nawab Jaan , It has become as his regular daily business . Due to this harassment and issues by the traffic police there is a shop in our GP Road named CRESCENT AUTOMOBILES and they have totally shut down their firm because of their business loss. If there is no business how to pay taxes and how to Survive? Past 5 years because of this problems we are totally upset and in loss of our regular business.

Mr.Arul has informed to the Delivery vehicle driver that he can Rs.500 every day and park anywhere he likes. What does it mean? These kind of activities are spoiling our sales due to threatening of traffic police we have no customer and no business on every day. I would kindly request you to take necessary actions on the constable Mr. Arul . when i requested him , he said to place a complaint online with his name. If there is no action taken against Mr. Arul our MMPDA association are planning to take actions through higher authorities.

This must be taken as a serious issue and there is no effect on my complaint placed on August 2014 with the same parking issue and we need a confirmation letter or a notice from Traffic police department mentioning that the vehicles can be parked on the side of the roads for a temporary time of 5 to 10 minutes to finish the purchases from the retail shops.

Note :- Our Customer's Details for your reference

Fine Challan No - C 1041641496

Date - 30/May/2016 . Time - 01.47 PM

Vehicle No - TN 45 BF 5223

Name - Mr. Manmeeth

Mob :- ############

Note : - Picture of the Receipt issued attached and The picture of Government vehicle which is parked also has been attached

Thanking You

Yours Faithfully

A.Shaik Nizamudeen
Liberty Motor Stores
32/109, General Patters Road
Mob : 91766-97901
Member of MMPDA (Madras Motor Parts Dealers Association)

M.Navin

Vignesh Automobiles
General Patters Road
Chennai-600002

and Other Members of Madras Motor Parts Dealers Association

Harassment on Public by Traffic Police Harassment on Public by Traffic Police Harassment on Public by Traffic Police

n_satishmalini

May 27, 2016

police not taking action

There is no U turn or Right turn for motorists at maduravoyil bye pass junction signal. inspite of this motorists violate these rules and give little space or no space for pedestrian crossing leave alone signal jumping. If 3 or 4 traffic constables are manning, it is ok. but if a single traffic constable or no traffic constable is there, there will total confusion for pedestrian crossing as police allow to violate.

This is the regular phenomena happening in this junction and i am the regular pedestrian crossing this signal. I want to know from the traffic police dept. why they are allowing such things as motorists take it granted and continue to violate. Why can"t police book this violators. Or the police afraid of that area people Or police is waiting to take action only if any pedestrian is injured or killed as it happens 2 days at ACS college signal. This is for your information.

I am the daily pedestrian crosser in this area and i request you to take the action against violators.

I have already raised complaint about this in April and I am again forced write as there is no improvement.

I am so frustrated that I have informed my family that if anything happens to me at this junction pl drag the police and Govt to the courtas motorist is likely to escape

Thanks and regards

N.Satish
Viswanathan Ramasamy

May 26, 2016

Traffic signal is Kayaveli Busstop is not obeyed by the 2,4 wheelers from Velachery to Medavakkam

Traffic Police,
Sir I use to come to office by walk and go by walk. The 2 wheelers, bikes and Private Buses coming from the Velacherry to Medavakkam is not obeying the traffic signal in Kayaveli. while crossing the road , 2 wheelers had hit me , I was fallen down.
The two wheeler guy scolded me. actually he was not obeying the traffic signal. I use to cross the road only after watching the signal.

Please put more fine on those guys who is not obeying the traiffic signal in kayaveli signal. Actually one police is not able to control the entire traffic and put the fine on these guys.

It would be great help for those people who wants to cross the road in kayveli signal. put more fine sir. please
Deepikaveer

May 26, 2016

Road accident

Hi sir...

I m deepika staying at ambathur. Today when I was travelling in my bike to my cousin marriage by 7.30 pm (26.05.16) via puzhal to vitchoor road with my sister and my 8 months baby. A man was fully drunked and he hit my bike And we 3 fall down entirely. After we started scolding him he replying like : I m a police u go and put a case:. This is what a public service he is doing and Actually he is a police man the bike was stikered with that. This is unacceptable .. I don't know his name but I noted his bike number has TN 04 5728. Pls consider this issue as a serious because no other people suffer the same where I suffered today. Pls take an action.

Deepika