Civic Police of West Bengal

Consumer complaints and reviews about Civic Police of West Bengal

debraj83

Nov 25, 2021

Rude behavior by Chinar Park Civic police today

Today, at Chinar park Noapara crossing, while me and my wife were on our way to a nearby supermarket, we faced very rude behavior by a Civic police. At Noapara signal, if you want to go to BigBazar or Spencer, you need to turn right and take the opposite service road. A few days ago, as that service road was closed, after taking right turn, we need to return back. So today, I was taking a slow turn so that if I see the service road is closed I would align my car properly. On that the Civic police got angry and started behave in rude manner that why I drove in slow manner and behave in rude manner. I tried to give reason but he remain adamant on his point. There was other proper police officers who didn't interfere into the matter at all.
Akash00700

Oct 6, 2021

Miss behave at night and miss behave in police station and ask for money.

5 /10/21 at 10 PM. I and my friend coming from kolkata to our home. I went to kolkata in 4 /10/21 for a job interview and after that incident . We two friends are coming and to take us from bus stand one of our village friend comes to take us to home by my fathers bike and then . We are traveling 5 hours journey thats why we have to pee and we are stoped at road and peeing and after that some village volenteer came and ask us that what are we doing here . So we have gently replied we are coming from kolkata and my friend is come to take us and we are standing here to pee. After that they said its night go fast to your homes. So thats good. They have the rights to ask.. after that we are going to ur home . Then sudden something happens. At our place means from our home just 3 km away the civic volenteer team stopped us. And snatched our bike key.. then we just simply and gently asked that what happed sir. What we have done.. so then they said our daspur police station boro babu. Called us and said your bike number and said that this bike is used for many bad cases. So we are shocked .. then we request then and begged them that we have not dome anything and nothing we have done please leave us and dont do any harrasment at night. Because its already night.. they said that boro babu is coming sit here boro babu want to talk.. so we stopped.we have called our village volenteer named gobinda he know us very well he knows that we are his village boys. Gobinda is our parbatipur , rabidaspur village volenteer. He can say that thats our village boys left them they have not done anything wrong. But the village volenteer said to our volunteers that take them to police station and ask for money. And one thing more at night 11 o clock all the volenteer are drunken. Then one of police car came and said us sit on our car and call your parents to come to police station .. we have also done that. After going to police station they checked our bag. But they found nothing they checked our adhar card .then they checked our bus ticket . After that they planed and asked us for money about 1500. And we denied to give so they said if you not give we will do case against you..so we have to give the money. Our parents came and they have also talked with the officers but they said we want money. And take your childs.. and one thing more we have not done anything wrong we have not done a single mistake but they continue said that we have done miss behave. How is that possible. We have not done anything wrong. I know the reason to say that we are doing miss behave with them because they want 1500.money .from us. So we dont want any trouble so we have to give them the money. Is this the behaviour by our police volenteers. They are just doing harrasment day by day.and one thing more i dont wanna say my name and give my address because they are going to harrasment more to us..

Jun 26, 2021

Misbehavior of Civic volunteer

Like other districts there are some Civic volunteer in our district who misbehave with people like villain.
Sometimes we think they are volunteer or villain.
Few days ago at gour road,malda some Civic stopped me when i was in bike. They asked me to show the papers and license. I shawn them and the on duty officer my all papers.
Although my all papers was ok but they demanded some money from me. I refused to give it. Then they (Civics) took my key and locked my bike. I tried to make a video but the on duty officer said to put the mobile in my pocket.
I was going to consult a doctor that they and it was very urgent. I requested all of them but they refused. Then i realized that the on duty officer and those civics are linked to collect cash.
After that I gave the officer Rs.100 and requested to leave because it was too late and the doctor chamber may be closed. After taking the money they gave me the key.
I was very angry for these type of harassment but i was nothing to do due to a common man.
So, i am requesting the higher ranking officer to take an action against it if necessary dismissed them and recruit an eligible person who deserve the post.
Because they creat an anti corruption in the state and harassment the people without any reason.
I hope it arrived to you and you will take an action.
I apologise if i said any wrong words.

Babu Muhury

Oct 9, 2020

সিভিক পুলিশের গুন্ডাগিরি

আমি মেমারীর বিদ্যুৎ বিভাগের একজন অস্হায়ী কর্মী , গত 7/10/2020 তারিখে 8.20 PM নাগাদ মেমারী চকদিঘী রোডে একটি জরুরী কাজের জন্য যাই , দুর্ভাগ্যবশত আমি traffic signal দেখতে পাইনি , signal সবুজ হওয়ার পরে সেখানে থাকা সিভিক পুলিশ রাজকুমার মান্না আমার দিকে লাঠি উঁচিয়ে তেড়ে মারতে আসে , আমি বলি যে আমার ভুল হয়ে গেছে ! আমি signal খেয়াল করিনি , এই বলে আমি আমার ভুল স্বীকার করি ৷ কিন্তু civic রাজকুমার মান্না আমাকে খিস্তি মেরে বলে " চোখে বাঁড়া ডুকিয়ে গাড়ী চালাচ্ছ " ? আমি বলি যে খিস্তি মারছ কেন ? ভুল স্বীকার করলাম প্রয়োজন হলে ফাইন নাও এবং আমি তোমার নামে OC কে complain করব , সে তখন আরও খিস্তি দিয়ে বলে " তুই আমার বাল ছিঁড়বি " , এবং জোর করে গাড়ীটি টানতে থাকে ৷ ওই civic এর এই ব্যবহার দেখে আমিও তাকে গালাগাল দিই এবং ওই স্হানেই দাঁড়িয়ে থাকি কোনও officer আসার অপেক্ষায় , ঘটনাক্রমে ওই civic রাজকুমার মান্না ওই এলাকারই বাসিন্দা , সে তখন সেখানকার কিছু antisocial লোকজন ডেকে আনে এবং সঙ্গে off duty অবস্হায় থাকা আরেক civic Rahul Rajak কের নেতৃত্বে আমাকে মারতে উদ্দত হয় , কিন্তু ঠিক তখনই মেমারীর Town officer Santanu বাবু উপস্তিত হয় এবং কি হয়েছে আমাকে জিঙ্গাসা করে , আমি ঘটনা টি ওনাকে জানাই , কিন্তু উনি আমাকে বলেন যে আমি প্রথমে ওই civic কে খিস্তি দিয়েছি এবং সেখানে থাকা civic রাজকুমার এবং রাহুল রজকের সঙ্গে আসা দলবলের মিথ্যা সাক্ষীকেই বেশি গুরুত্ব দেয় ৷ আমি বলি ঘটনার সময় তো শুধু আমি এবং ওই সিভিক রাজকুমার ছিল , আর তো কেউ ছিলনা , তাহলে আপনি ওই সব antisocial দের কথা শুনে আমাকে দোষী সাব্যস্ত কেন করছেন , আমি ভুল স্বীকার করার পরেও আপনার civic আমাকে প্রথমে খিস্তি মেরেছে , তার অনেক পরে আমিও গালাগাল দিয়েই প্রতিবাদ করেছি ৷ এরপর আমাকে থানায় নিয়ে যাওয়া হয় এবং নুন্যতম ফাইন করা হয় ৷ কিন্তু থানার অফিসার রাও আমার দোষটাকেই প্রাধান্য দেয় , কিন্তু ওই civic রাজকুমারের বিরুদ্ধে কোনও ব্যবস্হা নেয়নি ৷ যাই হোক ওই দুই civic রাজকুমার মান্না এবং off duty তে থাকা রাহুল রজক পুলিশের সঙ্গে যুক্ত না antisocial দের সঙ্গে যুক্ত সেটা বোঝা গেলনা ৷ এবং মেমারী থানা শুধুমাত্র আমাকে দোষী সাব্যস্ত না করে উভয় কেই তিরষ্কার করলে আমার মত সাধারন মানুষের পুলিশের উপর শ্রদ্ধা আরও বাড়ত ৷
PRITAM143

Sep 15, 2020

সিভিক ভলেন্টিয়ারদের দাদাগিরি

মহাশয়, আমি পশ্চিমবঙ্গের, পশ্চিম মেদিনীপুর জেলার একজন স্থায়ী বাসিন্দা। আমার অভিযোগ সেই একই,,, সিভিক ভলেন্টিয়ার দের দাদাগিরি। আমাদের এই চন্দ্রকোনা থানার বেশ কয়েকজন সিভিক ভলেন্টিয়ার ভারপ্রাপ্ত ওসির ছত্রছায়ায় থেকে নিজেদের অনেক উঁচু স্তরের দাদা মনে করে। থানার ভেতরে দাদাগিরি, মানুষের সাথে অভদ্র ব্যবহার, সাধারণ মানুষকে ধমকানো, এসব করতে থাকে। আমি উক্ত ব্যাক্তীর বিরুদ্ধে অভিযোগ জানাতে চাই। অনুগ্রহ করে আমার অভিযোগে সাড়া দিয়ে, আমায় বাধিত করুন। #we_need_justice.
DibakarSaha

May 26, 2019

Misbehaviour by Civic police(Sanjoy Pal), Balurghat Bus Stand

This is to bring to your notice that on today I have witnessed an aukward situation wherein I felt I have been misbehaved by one of the civic police posted at Balurghat town public Bus Stand, Mr. Sanjay Pal.

Things which I need to highlight are:
1.Pulling of motor cycles while in running condition and that too in one of the busiest area of the town.
2. Using of abusive language along with rude behaviour by civic police Sanjay pal.
3. I accept the fact that I was not wearing helmet but I was duly carrying full helmet along with me and the reason has also been coveyed to duty officer, Mr D. Kundu. I found no healthy or friendly gesture even after stating my problem of riding vehicle under excesive outside temperature.

Being a common man my only request would be to take corrective action by imparting basic soft skill training so that sentiments of others are not hurt.
DibakarSaha

May 26, 2019

Misbehaviour by Civic police(Sanjoy Pal), Balurghat Bus Stand

This is a kind request to impart soft skill training to civic police of Balurghat town. Today I have witnessed an aukward situation wherein I felt I have been misbehaved by one of the civic police posted at Balurghat town public Bus Stand.
Things which I need to highlight are:

Being a common man my only request would be to take corrective action so that sentiments are not hurt.
sujoy52

Feb 10, 2018

Civic Police miss using of power and harass common man

This is Sujoy Kumar Das, staying in "Srijan Midlands,83 Jessore Road, Kolkata-700132". Today (10/2/2018 at 8 PM) I was hold back by some of the unknown person (5-6 guys) while I was walking through the footpath near the BT college Liquor Shop (next to the residential complex where I am staying). They are showing their eye brows and threaten me and one of them are checking whether i was drunk or not? Initially I confuse and surprise what is going on and then felt these people are civic police as I heard that these civic police are use to do this check . I am very simple person and by profession a software engineer and i do not drink.

When I protesting as I was stopped by them they are saying I should behave and talk properly and one of them is shouting on me.
As a citizen of this country I felt today very shocking.Why this civic police are recruited? For saving us or harass us?
What was their duty? -To check whether citizen of this country drunk or not?
I am expecting that this kind of thing should be stopped and don't recruits wrong persons to this job and our police should have proper control on them.
Other wise same incident will repeat as it was happened few days back in our locality(New Barackpure) - a scooter driver was beaten and killed by civic police not wearing helmet.
This message should go to Govt of West Bengal as well as Govt of this country.
Jai Hind!!!!!