Assam

Consumer complaints and reviews about [email protected]

Jun 30, 2018

complications and loss during journey on an indigo airlines

Hi Yogen,

We regret the inconvenience caused. We have forwarded your case to our customer relations team and will get in touch with you on the E-mail.

Yogen Raja

Jun 27, 2018

complications and loss during journey on an indigo airlines

Would like get tmy concern into notic here in since I have not received any resolution on complaint surged to Indigo customer support.

Before travelling from Bangalore to Dehradun on an Indigo airlines, I had confirmed with customer care helpline about carrying pepper spray and was informed - I can carry in check-in bag as well as hand bag if quantity is upto 100ml (Calls are recorded in your system for cross verify). During check-in process on airport, I have re-check with field staff while collecting boarding pass on counter that where shall I keep this spray bottle? in check-in bag or hand bag? since it was of 55ml. Unfortunately a wrong information provided saying - You can NOT carry a pepper spay in any baggage since it is dangerous! (WHAT??) still you carry it in hand bag and see whether security people allows you.

I said OK - and went ahead. I don't know what security people think of their-self, spoke to me very rudely without even listening to my concern and eventually asked me to dump the spray. Well, I did that and asked them a question - Is there a way I could carry this spray? since it is for "MY SAFETY" purpose. They said - you should have kept that in check-in bag and if you have more concerns then talk to customer care people. You are not OUR customer and we providing service here. (WHAT?? have you forgot that you team hired by Indian government for servicing "WE PEOPLE" ?? VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING!! A girl is talking sensible and carrying a pepper spray just for her own safety, even after have "YOU TEAM" in place! everywhere in India.) Its a shame on Indian security team indeed.

So basically, as of now what I see is, this entire scene happened just because lack of information with "On counter" indigo staff which has later accepted by customer helpline executive talked after journey after cross verifying recorded calls.

What all I want is a compensation for pepper spray worth 500 Bucks and complications I gone through. Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Contact me at [email protected] for PNR and actual contact details.

Jun 11, 2018

Excutive appreciation

Hi Ishita,

We appreciate that you took time to share your valuable feedback with us. We have forwarded your compliments to the concerned team.

Ishita kaushal

Jun 10, 2018

Excutive appreciation

There was an executive Diksha Sadana at amritsar aiprot who helped me alot for checkin and luggae related issues .She was extremely professional and polite.I was highligh impressed of her humble nature too.Thanks Diksha.

May 25, 2018

Cancellation charges

Hi Vinod,

Kindly share the booking reference/ PNR number so we may look into it.

vinkav98

May 25, 2018

Cancellation charges

Recently I cancelled a ticket and the cancellation charges comes to around Rs 2875/passenger. Rip off??? You bet. First you charge CGST and SGST while booking, so far so good. But hold on they charge you service tax even while cancelling when you have never used the service. Now comes the next cute thing..Convenience fees. Government promotes digital transaction but if here if you book and cancel a ticket (for two pax) you charge 400 while booking and 400 while cancelling!!!! Why on earth would you charge a fees per passenger on a ticket when only one transaction happens while booking.So if I book a ticket with 5 pax I am charged 1000 as convenience fees alone. Which government directive allows this ??
Lastly the cancelling charges fees is something which you cannot make out at all. So I leave it ,though I doubt if government has allowed this.

So in all if I cancel a ticket there is CGST+SGST+Convenience fee+ Cancellation charges. Please provide the DGCA notification which allows such a rip off

R Vinod Kumar
rajivaroras

May 6, 2018

EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCE

Dear Mr Bhatia,

Greetings, I wish to place on record the extraordinary experience I had on 27th April, 2018 at the T3, IGIA, New Delhi while I was on my way to Dubai to attend an International Conference.

Mr Ruhit, your team member at the check in counter was extremely helpful and courteous and was prompt in completing the check in formalities with great speed and smile.

I was pleasantly surprised by the professional way in which the baggage was handled, check in formalities completed and made me so very comfortable & also remembered my name and wished me safe flight while I was at the boarding gate.

Such exemplary services by Mr Ruhit are praise worthy and worth emulating by the other team members of Indigo to make it one of the finest airlines in the aviation sector in India. Keep up the good work, God bless, Rajiv Arora 9810370455 [email protected]
Subhas Roy

May 1, 2018

booking not complited

I don't understand what buisness you are doing. When I booked the ticket it by name Subir Sikdar showed me that no seat is available and your PNR is not generated, so I booked the ticket with different Airlines as it was urgent for me to go and the very next day I received a mail from you saying that I need to pay extra 650 rs for the same ticket. Have you'll gone out of your mind how can you book the ticket without my consent for an extra fare. I was supposed to get my money refunded for failed transaction
and I request you to initiate the process for the same
You are a well recognised company and such type of acts doesn't suit you, I spoke to your customer care person but they also didn't answered me well.. I am attaching a snapshot of the mail send by you. Please look into the matter and see that I get my refund.

Subir Sikdar

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: IndiGo <[email protected]>
Date: 01/04/2018 12:11 (GMT+05:30)
To: [email protected]
Subject: Payment Notification

Dear Subir Sikdar,

Thank you for choosing IndiGo.

In regards to your booked PNR- FGBU8N, there is a payment of INR 650.00 due on PNR. Please click here to pay.

For any assistance, click here to chat or call 0124-6613838.

RegardsIndiGo

2 Attachments

Apr 23, 2018

Expressing Gratitude to indigo staff Mr Manjyoti baruah and Miss Neha for their favorable service at Guwahati Airport

Hi Satyajit,

Our staff has no reason to deny boarding to passengers who report on-time. In fact, they try to accommodate passengers who report marginally late. We are glad that you noticed our staff efforts, we will surely pass your compliment to our staff.

SATYAJIT DEBNATH

Apr 22, 2018

Today (22/04/2018) when I went for boarding pass for my journey from Guwahati to agartala , counter was already closed a minutes ago at Guwahati Airport . I was hopeless and approached to 2 indigo staff and they managed my boarding pass expeditiously. I am very much pleased by the service of these two staff. I asked their name and they are Mr MANJYOTI BARUAH and Miss NEHA. I think indigo is one of the best in Indian Sky because of such type of staffs. I am really thankful for such expeditious services that they provided .

Regards- A satisfied passenger

Mar 26, 2018

Rs. two lakhs stolen from my bag.

Hi Ajayprasad,

We are concerned to note your experience during your journey with us from Bagdogra to Varanasi on 14th March 2018, and understand that certain item was missing from your baggage.
Our endeavour has always been to deliver all passenger baggage at the destination in a good condition. However, we wish to state that as per IndiGo’s Conditions of Carriage, any receipt of baggage without complaint is considered to be evidence that the baggage has been delivered correctly and in good condition. As checked, baggage weight and other information were not submitted by you, due to lack of information complaint was incomplete at arrival, therefore we are unable to initiate compensation in this regard. We'd like to add that whenever complaints from our passengers such as you are received, stern internal action is initiated on the enhancement of our services. This may range from briefing the concerned staff to putting them under strict supervision. Also, we have shared a strong feedback with our Bagdogra and Varanasi airport manager for further review and to ensure baggage delivery as per the standard practices. Please be rest assured that we try our best to assist our passengers in the best possible manner.

AJAY PRASAD SINGH

Mar 24, 2018

Rs. two lakhs stolen from my bag.

I am AJAY PRASAD SINGH V.P. of co. M/s. ICT(p)Ltd New Delhi,travelling from Bagdogra to Varanasi via Delhi.on 14march2018.My PNR no was E7155Y.& flight no. was 6E3646 from Bagdogra to Delhi.My hand baggage was 10 kg.so i was asked to submit luggage after scanning because more than 7 kg not allowed to carry in the hand.So i sumitted my luggage after scanning to boarding pass counter.My luggage was sealed with plastic tap & Indigo seal tap.When I received my bag at Varanasi Airport reached by flight No.6E826 with sameE7155Y PNR no.,all seal of bag were broaken & my two lakhs Rupees stolen from my bag..I called INDIGO staff & shown the condition of bag & in there presence i cheked my bag & found two lakhs rupees stolen.I called INDIGO manager & given complain. She taken photograph of bag boarding pass..Pl. look in to the matter & take action against culprit.
A.P.Singh
Mobile no. 9765262312
mail ID [email protected]
dodul

Mar 2, 2018

Harassment by Indigo staff Mr. Rahul Kumar Kaushal at Kolkata airport on 27th February evening

Let me introduce myself first. I am Dr Dodul Mondal, practicing oncologist in Delhi. I have been travelling by air since more than last 15 years which include countries like USA, European and other Asian countries and I have travelled via all available commercial flights in India. This introduction is necessary for your understanding that I am not a novice about air travel and related affairs.
Coming to my incidence, I was travelling from Kolkata to Delhi on the evening of 27th February 2018. My flight number was 6E 974. My PNR was D95LHF. I did my web check in as I always do for my journey to save time as I hate waiting to collect check in bag. Accordingly, I keep my luggage light and handy. For your additional information I use HP Spectre laptop which weighs 1Kg only (this is important again, so please note this information).
On 27th February evening, I reached airport on time and completed my security check without any hassle. After scanning my boarding pass at gate no 23B, I was just about to board the bus when this man named Mr. Rahul Kumar Kaushal (as evident from his ID card) intervened and stopped me boarding the bus with my cabin bag. He insisted that I should drop my handbag for manual check in and should collect it from check in luggage belt once I reach Delhi. He told me that I could not board the flight with my handbag and laptop bag as per the rules (and he told that only one bag is allowed). As I was travelling with only few things, I wanted to put my laptop bag inside the cabin bag and wanted to board the bus (which I could do as per the rules, till the total weight is 7kg).
At this moment, to my surprise I came to know that Rahul Kumar Kaushal was equipped with superhuman power and could measure the weight of a bag with his eyes only without help of any weighing machine! He told me that my cabin bag was more than 7 Kg! He also ridiculed me and asked what was laptop’s weight to which I replied only 1kg. After listening this, he changed his reason of not allowing me to board the bus and told me that my bag was not as per the size fixed by airlines. I was again surprised to see that he could measure dimensions as well without any measuring tape! However, I told him that the cabin bag meets all criteria set by airlines. He was in no mood to listen or to go by logic and ultimately, I had to leave my cabin bag to him for manual check in as it was delaying my boarding. To my utter surprise, the same guy allowed many more passengers to board the flight with multiple bags which were even bigger than my bag! When I asked him why he was doing so, he could not justify his activities and told me that few passengers can do so!
The bad experience was not over and once I got my bag at Delhi airport I found that my bag had some damage and scratches due to mishandling by airlines staffs. The indigo staff at Delhi airport denied giving any compensation for my damaged bag.
I called at the indigo customer care number and described the entire episode to settle my damage. Here I was shocked to know the following
1. Rahul Kumar Kaushal has documented false and fabricated information that I had two large bags weighing 14 kg each before boarding the bus
I reiterated to this false information and stated firmly that I had only one bag following all rules laid down by airlines.
I have at this moment few questions which you must reply with adequate and necessary explanation:
1. Do you routinely keep weighing machine and measuring tape at the point of boarding the bus?
2. Were these tools provided to your staffs on that date and time at the above-mentioned place?
3. Why was I denied my rightful boarding with one cabin bag and had to waste my time?
4. Is it possible to cross the security check with 2 bags weighing 14 kg each? Is the airport security so poor at Kolkata airport?
5. Is it possible to bypass all security checks and reach till the point of boarding the bus with 2bags weighing 14 kg each?
6. Is it possible to bypass your staff who scanned my boarding pass at gate 23B with 2 bags weighing 14 kg each?
7. If at all I had 2bags weighing 14kg each, why and how could Rahul Kumar Kaushal checked in only one bag and allowed me to board the flight with one bag of 14kg as a cabin bag?
8. If I had such a big bag, how could that go unnoticed by the cabin crew?
9. Why were other passengers allowed multiple bags and I was barred by your staff?
10. Who is responsible for damage of my bag?
11. If your staff forcefully takes my bag without any valid reason going by his paranoid behavior and then my bag is damaged, how could your staff deny compensating my loss?
12. What was the motive behind such act and harassment?
13. Why was I forced to waste my time to collect my bag from the luggage belt which I wanted to avoid and that being the sole reason for doing web check in?
I want a valid explanation from you and I request you to examine the CCTV footage from the point of my entry at Kolkata airport till my exit from Delhi airport to check whether I really had two 14kg bags or not!
Also, I request you to analyze the voice recording of my conversation with your customer care executive (call started at 2251 hrs. on 27th February, duration 25 minutes and customer care number was 9212783838).
Also, I was told that I would receive a response within 48 hours related to this issue which would be investigated from your end. The 48 hours time period is over and I am yet to hear from you.
For your easy understanding that my cabin bag follows all rules of dimension, I am attaching the photographs of my bag with luggage tag intact and showing actual dimensions.

Photographs cant be attached because of your website problem.
Waiting to listen from you soon.
Best regards,

Dodul Mondal
SiddharthKumarSingh

Mar 1, 2018

Appreciation for #E.M. HELAN

I consider myself fortunate to have met Miss E. M. Helan (IndiGo counter staff). She literally saved my day. I missed my morning flight to Kolkata (7:55 am departure). She helped me check in to the next flight at 1:10 pm. If she hadn't supported me , I would have spent or rather wasted 7k INR on booking the next flight. She helped me save 6k worth INR by getting a ticket for me at just 1k INR. Even after the ticketing was done, she helped me with the issuing of boarding pass. I was delighted by her loveliness and helpfulness. I wish her the very best for her career. She deserves it ! Thank You once again Helan ma'am. See you soon :)

Siddharth Kumar Singh

kuldeepmahe01

Feb 13, 2018

froud

dear sir/mam
this is with respect to my travel by INDGO from banglore to jaipur PNR: QBHWVC.
i was supposed to board flight at 6:05AM indigo but i was stopped by your person at gate 8C due to POWER BANK in my bag.
this guy made me stand at counter for 15-20 minutes then lady came and told lets go to counter 33.while going this lady was talking on phone to some of her friend or relative (as i heard her talk) she was walking slowly. i was told by lady on counter 33 that i will miss my flight.
this was a total planning of your person at banglore airport.
there were so many people same as me standing in queues for getting new flight by paying rs.1000
i felt it wrong. because we missed flight just because your staff response was slow.

waiting your reply

email id [email protected]
mob. 9632983002
kuldeepmahe01

Feb 13, 2018

froud

dear sir/mam
this is with respect to my travel by INDGO from banglore to jaipur PNR: QBHWVC.
this was a total planning of your person at banglore airport.

waiting your reply

Feb 10, 2018

bad behaivour by ground staff

Hi Manan,

We are sorry to hear about the experience. Customer service is our top priority, which is why your experience is of extreme concern and also like to mention that we recommend that our passengers with any special needs inform us at least 48 hours before their travel time, further we have shared your experience with our team on the need for displaying a customer friendly demeanor at all contact points.

It was never our intention to inconvenience you. We believe one of our representatives was in touch with you regarding your concern, as discussed over call we have shared a stern feedback with the concerned team to avoid future recurrences. We'd like to add that whenever complaints from our passengers such as you are received, stern internal action is initiated on the enhancement of our services. This may range from briefing the concerned staff to putting them under strict supervision.

Minal Bhandari

Feb 10, 2018

Appreciation of service

I was travelling from Jaipur to Bangalore and was pleased by the serivce provided by Indigo staff, Teimani.
I liked how she was really helpful and concerned about my comfort.

I wish you all the best Teimani !!

Reagrds,
Minal
Ravi Sony

5 मिनिट लेट होने से इंडिगो स्टाप ने ट्रावेल नही करने दिया

नमस्ते शर
मेरा नाम रवि राजपरा है शर मेरा हर महीने इंडिगो से अहमदाबाद टू दिल्ली & दिल्ली टू अहमदाबाद की ट्रावेल रहती है शर साल में 12 time आना जाना रहता है तो साल में एक बार ट्रैफिक की वजह से 5 मिनिट लेट हो जाये तो हम ट्रावेल नही कर सकते ? मेरी 5-2-2018 की 8.45 amd.se del की फ्लाइट थी जिसका pnr oghzpa था जो 5 मिनिट लेट पहोच ने से केंसिल कर दी गई ओर दूसरी टिकिट के मेरे से 5700 जितना पैसा लिया गया ओर वो फ्लाइट 15 मिनिट लेट थी उसका क्या ?इसमे परेसानी ये भी होती है कि दूसरे दिन की टिकिट भी कन्फॉम रहती है जिसका pnr zb9y4p है तो इसके कारण मेरा काम भी पूरा ना हो सका शर इंडिगो की सर्विसेज से बहोत ही satisfied है मगर ऐसा ही हुवा तो में इंडिगो में ट्रावेल नही कर पाऊंगा मेंरे लिए 5700 रु ज्यादा है 5 मिनिट लेट पहोंच ने के ओर में इंडिगो से चाहता हु के इस बारे में मुजे help करे

Appreciation for service provided

Hi Yashikala,

It was our pleasure to serve you onboard. We will certainly let our team members know of your appreciation.
Thank you for your continued support.

Feb 9, 2018

Appreciation of customer service to Urmila

Hi Bincy,

Pleasure to hear such awesome words from you. We will certainly let our team member know of your appreciation.
Thank you for your continued support.

Diplomatic/Arrogant Behavior

Hi Pramila,

We are sorry to hear about the experience. Customer service is our top priority, which is why your experience is of extreme concern. However, as checked, you reported past the closure of the check-in time, hence our staff was unable to accept you for the flight. We look forward to your understanding towards the need of the policy. Nevertheless, we believe it could have been handled in a better manner. We have shared your experience with our team on the need for displaying a customer friendly demeanor at all contact points. It was never our intention to inconvenience you. We'd like to add that whenever complaints from our passengers such as you are received, stern internal action is initiated on the enhancement of our services. This may range from briefing the concerned staff to putting them under strict supervision.

Yashikal

Feb 4, 2018

Appreciation for service provided

I travelled from Guwahati to Mumbai on 03/02/2018 and would like to appreciate the service provided by the indigo ground staff Ms Walunla Ao. I am highly satisfied with her polite and sincerely caring service that was provided.

Yashikala
PNR : B9Q9GC
Bincy Susan Jishal

Feb 3, 2018

Appreciation of customer service to Urmila,

Dear Customer Support, We were2 of us travelled from Hyderabad to Trivandrum in 31dec 2017.Your Staff HUDA was so helpful with our baggage and she was very courteous and very polite. we were satisfied with her services and we recommend her for her exemplary Customer Service for Indigo Airlines.Yours Sincerely Bincy and Jishal.