DTH service

Consumer complaints and reviews about DTH service

jimish patel

May 29, 2015

AIRTEL DTH SERVICE PROVIDER ADD NEW HD CHANNEL WITHOUT CONSENT AND DEDUCT PAYMENT

I am airtel dth customer with customer ID- 3000834171

This company has activated one HD channels which is useless for me without my concern, while complaining in customer care they refused to deactivate and refund. I have no HD TV. Please look into the matter and resolve the issue. Last Activation on 16th Feb 2015.

Ramesh D Patel
laxmikanta panda

May 28, 2015

Not satisfy my recharge

Mera 27.05.2015 switch off date tha, mujhe 246/- recharge karne msg aya tha, me last night 246/- recharge kya lekin transation fail hua ,fir subha 246+8=254 jo ki 31 days ko hisab kar k recharge kya jo ki mera 27.06.2015 switch off date hona chaiye lekin 24.06.2015 keun dekha roha hai.please slove my problem as soon as possible.

THANKS
LAXMI KANTA PANDA
VC NO 01518357693(DISH TV)
+918280136051
rakeshsingala

May 14, 2015

DISHT TV:NO SIGNAL AND POOR CUSTOMER CARE SERVIES

Dear Concern,
I have sent below notice to DISH TV which contain my grievance for your update and action if any possible:

NOTICE

Dear Concern officer,

Thanks for your communication.
This is in continuation of our earlier communication on the subject matter, wherein I requested you to resolve my ‘No Signal’ problem.
This is to inform you that my above referred connection is approx 1 year old and I am regularly using it and paying monthly charges to you company.
From May 6,.2015 I was trying to your customer care center through all available modes i.e. SMS (call me service), Miss Call service and Call to customer care number for resolving the issue of signal problem. However, till 8th May, 2015 no satisfactory conversation could be made.

Due to continuous efforts I could speak to your executive on 9th May, 2015 and asked solution of the signal problem. I did all the things which your customer care executive suggested such as removing and re-fixing V C card, pressing three colored switches of remote and keeping television on channel no. 999 for fifteen minutes etc. The problem was being faced by me is that 10 to 12 channels was telecasting rest was showing ‘signal not found’.

By the all above suggestions, my complaint did not resolved and your executive told that this is a signal problem and we have to check wires and antennas and for this we have to send our engineer at your doorstep and for this you have to pay the charges.
I told to your executive that this (signal problem) is not my fault and hence i should not be charged for it. I also discuss that as you people are responsible to providing hassle free services against monthly charges so you should not charge for this kind of problems from me. But after long discussion, finally your executive refused to send your engineer on without charges basis.
Conclusively I requested them to terminate my services I do not want to continue.

Thereafter on 10th May, 2015 I wrote a mail to service provider’s customer care e-mail ID and asked for termination of services and bring in their notice about my entitlement of refund of balance amount and compensation for mental harassment.

After writing said mail I received first time call from service provider end. She discussed about problem and re-confirms me about non-sending engineer without charges and also denied for refund of my balance amount etc. And there after an e-mail was also sent to me showing a credit balance only Rs. 1.71 in my account although my account is valid upto May 15, 2015.

Now first of all I strongly oppose for the charges being asked and bring your notice that as per Direct-to-Home Broadcasting Services (Standards of Quality of Service and Redressal of Grievances) Regulations, 2007, and the amendments to the regulations brought about in 2009 (hereinafter called “Regulation”). it stipulates that every DTH provider will give a warranty for equipment (including the set-top box) bought by the customer and during this warranty period, no charges be imposed by the service provider for any repairs or home visits for such rectification of faults in the equipment. Status of this warranty do not updated by you to customer and charges is being asked for repair services which are totally against the law.

Further the regulations also provide for complaint redressal — every service provider has to have a call centre and also a nodal officer for the purpose. However you are failed to provide active complaint redressal. Your ‘complaint’ link on your official website is inactive and never work. No any informaton about Nodal officer has been provided on your said website. Your customer care number having lot of advertisements relating to your services which are mandatory to listen by every caller and no option of skip exist. And this long call incur unnecessary telephone expense and when call reached at last about to executive it is disconnected many times. SMS services (called CALL ME) showing free of cost whereas it is actually chargeable services as Rs. 4/- per SMS is being charged by telecom companies which surely would be sharing with you. And this is also not sure that you will receive call or not/when you will receive call immediately or 1-2 days after. All above is criminal act (cheating) and also against the applicable regulation as well.

Moreover, in respect of complaints pertaining to non-receipt of signals, at least 90 per cent of the complaints must be redressed and signals restored within 24 hours. As far as other complaints are concerned, at least 90 per cent will be redressed within 48 hours, the regulations provide. On the other hand you do not comply this norm too and did not show any interest in solving my complaint till many days. In addition, as per the regulations, no complaint will remain unresolved beyond five days and if it does, then the subscriber should be given a proportionate rebate in the subscription from the sixth day of the registration of the complaint till its satisfactory resolution. But you have refused to give any benefit to me.

I hereby call upon you, by way of this notice, to refund my balance amount of this month from the date of services not providing and pay an amount equal to one year subscription charges as compensation of mental harassment due to deficiencies of your services.

Please note that upon your failure to act as called upon in this notice, I shall be constrained to initiate civil as well as criminal proceeding against you. Please note that I may initiate such other legal actions, which are otherwise available to me i.e. complain to TRAI etc. under the law, without any further reference to you.

Needless to say, any such action, which I initiate, shall be entirely at your risk, costs and consequences.

This is without prejudice to my rights and contentions.

I look forward to an early positive response from you in this regard.

Rakesh Singala
Frustrated Tata Sky Customer

May 3, 2015

Tata Sky DTH No Signal

Dear Tata Sky Folks,

For last 1 month, i am not able to view many channels which included Generic English News Channels(can't view any other than News X), few Entertianment, Movies, Music. After repeated complaints, nobody has even bothered to get back with any ETA.
*Customer care call does not got through even after 20 min- half an hour of trying.
*Call to Nodal officer doesn't get through even in half an hour.
*Helpdesk tickets get closed in a day without any resolution/explanation of why it is being closed.

Should i go to consumer court to get this resolved.
K Thyagaraju

Apr 21, 2015

WHY TATA SKY IS WORST?

TATA sky is saying mood of TATA to Indians and who will be responsible for their junk?
K Thyagaraju

Apr 21, 2015

TATA SKY

I am the subscriber to TATA SKY. They said that the engineer will come and look after. As on now they did not turn up. Their agents are saying their engineers will come and do repair job. I suspect their providers must be hacked or blocked by some people or they must be bribed by local agencies to misuse the customers. Which phone number will help to get them be connected in aright way. Whose ministry shall be responsible for it? If TATA SKY is only north Indians then one may be having jealous on S Indians. Please help in this regard.
gurjarr

Apr 15, 2015

TATA SKY Poor service if you relocate to Bangalore

I have booked request on 10th of April 2015 to re-connect the connection at my new home address in Bangalore as I moved from Hyderabad to Bangalore but Tata sky is not yet provide any services till date to reconnect the connection for viewing. If I'm calling their customer care they always responded that today EOD somebody from tata sky will fix the connection.

Look like Tatasky having poor service in Bangalore .Extremely dis-appointed with Tata Sky services.

My Tata Sky ID no: 1097884165
vegisuryarao

Apr 10, 2015

TaTa Sky no service

I am using TATA Sky for the last two and half years. I am not getting signal and occassionally giving a scrolling saying the TATA sky is upgrading its services and so if any body is not getting services, give sms to 56633 as NS . I sent an sms on 2nd april and almost daily getting an sms saying service engineer will come and rectify the fault and nothing is happening. one day one fellow called and saying is your tv needs repair i told him that my tv is working well i am able to connect it with laptop and see. one day one fellow called and said your set top box is repaired? i said no i am able to see the old recorded programmes only your sinal problem. It seems they are trying to put some thing wrong with our internal machinery and ask for charges or what i don't understand. I don't know whether the days of no service is going to be non chargeable as its their problem. I want immediate attention other wise planning to give complaint to consumer court.
RCOMcare

Mar 26, 2015

RE : Faulty Reliance DTH services of Smart Card no 201507436571 since long time

Dear Krishna,

As per your telephonic conversation with our customer service associate, we wish to affirm that the aforesaid concern has been discussed and resolved to your satisfaction.

Cheers,

Reliance Communications
Krishna Gopal Goel

Mar 18, 2015

Faulty Reliance DTH services of Smart Card no 201507436571 since long time

with humble submission i have to inform you that the DTH services of my Smart Card Id number ############ is not working about 15 days.I have made complaint at all levels but all in vain.The fault is ERROR 200 Subscriber Unsubscribed though sufficient amount is available in the card.Sir you are my last hope.My address is given below.Sir pl issue the necessary instructions to all concerned to remove the fault.
Krishna Gopal Goel
Kali Bari Marg, New Delhi-110001
Mob: +91-98682-65002
pritesh6878

Mar 11, 2015

reg. add on channel is not working but they deduct the charges

This complaint is regarding add-on on my Videocon d2h when I seen it after today recharging by 303 rs than also add on is not working than I call to costomercare number which is given in coming on TV and setupbox both unfortunately given number are not working than I see in web through Google I got cc number which is ending by 111 their I call and ask about this they said we are refresh the account than I said when this much days it is not working than how you charging for this then they said this problem is not from our side than it is from my said I am the service provider or I have that spectrum then . any how worst services provider for more information kindly ask to videocon d2h care ref. No.2254465625 DT 11/03/2015 time approx 18:00
imnachiketa

Mar 2, 2015

TATA SKY DTH SERVICE PROVIDER ADD NEW CHANNEL WITHOUT CONSENT AND DEDUCT PAYMENT

I am Tata Sky HD customer with customer ID- 1127406856.

This is second time company has activated 3 channels which is useless for me without my concern, while complaining in costomer care they refused to deactivate and refund. Please look into the matter and resolve the issue. Last Activation on 16th Feb 2015.

Nachiketa
vikasagarwal82

Feb 25, 2015

Complaint against demanding of charges for attending of signal problem.

Concern Officer
Airtel DTH TV

Ref : Main Connection no. 3000671482 & Sub Connection No. ############.
Sub:Sir,

This is to inform you that my above referred connection is approx 3 - 4 years old and i am regularly using it and paying monthly charges to you company.

Today on 25.02.2015 I dialed your customer care center arround 21:30 hrs for resolving the issue of signal problem coming on telecast of 2 or 3 channels. The problem is being faced by me is that 2-3 channels are being telecast interrupted while at the same time others are ok.

I did all the things which your customer care executive suggested such as removing n refixing the power adapter cable, audio video cable and the smart card.

By the all above suggestions, my complaint did not resolved and your executive told that this is a signal problem and we have to check wires and antenas and for this we have to send our engineer at your doorstep and for this you have to pay the charges.

I discussed with your executive that this (signal problem) is not my fault and hence i should not be charged for it. I also discuss that as you people are caring your landlines, broadbands and other connections and attending the complaints without any charges so you should not charge for this kind of problems also. But after long discussion, finally your executive refuse to send your engineer on without charges basis.

Now first of all I strongly oppose For the charges being asked and request you that please look into this matter seriously and take necessary action to resolve my complaint. Also request you to stop charging your monthly charge with immediate effect until my complaint resolved.

Vikas Agarwal
II / F -85, Nehru Nagar,
Ghaziabad (UP)
09818201927
dunga

Feb 21, 2015

on Dish tv

my account is expire on 23/01/2015 till the time i got all the channels nd service now 21/02/2015 i recharge my account then i turn on my tv then its shows 102 nd 301 nd 303 Errors then i called thrice to customer people they said its error with box they will send the technician to my place nd i need to pay the charges. how come it get problem before the time it work properly now it has problem this is look like getting money from customers not give good service this all fraud going on i want complain on Govt.
i dont want to pay single ruppe its not my fault or tv fault its prob with dish tv so they bare the charges

yerraji

Vinamar Aggarwal

Feb 3, 2015

Fraud going on with these companies

Hi This is to inform that all DTH operators are making frauds by harassment they call and say please listen our call and they force the channel. :Please disconnect all operators from India. They are more corrupt.
B K SETH

Jan 27, 2015

Videocon d2h

1) I have Paid Rs 999/- for up gradation of Standard Box to HD box under the up gradation scheme of the company after confirmation from customer service center on call. After verifying my Customer ID they have gave me 2 options for payment by recharge of product for Rs 999/- or opt online payment for booking for HD box on up gradation scheme. I had opt 2nd option and paid Rs 999/- vide
Request ID PayU ID Bank Ref No. Action Amount Status Requested Time Success Time Bank ARN
172809294 252596226 ################ capture 999.00 SUCCESS 2015-01-16 16:10:23 2015-01-16 16:10:23 NA
but still they are not providing me the HD box.
2) I have received a mail that the amount has been refunded in my credit card but the bill of credit i have already been paid. and I am unable to take my money back
debnan15

Jan 24, 2015

Activation of ala cart pack without consent.

I would like to inform you that I was called by dishtv representative on 24/01/2015 at 9:12am who stated that she has a offer for me of HBO Defined and HBO Hits at free of cost for one month.She also stated that if I am satisfied with these channels after one free month I can subscribe for 79/- or else if I do not want to continue just call and discontinue.I was reluctant to subscribe but she insisted me as it is free for one month.Hence I agreed but to my dismay and awe I find myself charged with 79/- for activation of HBO SD.My switch off date was 16/04/2015 which has now being changed to 01/03/2015 after deduction of the HBO pack which I strongly object to, as it falls to cheating of customer by misleading and hence I would like to immediately stop the HBO pack that you activated ,without my consent,and revert back my switch off date to 16/04/2015.
Even repeated request through various channels have failed to register complaint at dishtv.Even I tried the click to call service where the representative cut the call midway.Went to their site and complained but not received any complaint no or response from dishtv.
DEBASISH NANDI
VC No.01518313347
RMN:9433900053.
NISHAPPN

Jan 10, 2015

activation

I have done recharge of400/- of Tata Sky DTH on 09/01/2015
Subscriber ID 1066558717 mentioned while recharging was successful but still not activated , request activate ...

dth card no.- ############
rk2534

Jan 8, 2015

disconnection of tamil channels

sir i have airtel dth connection past four years they all of a sudden disconnected tamil channels when contacted they are informing to pay additional charges otherwise they will deactivate kannada channels allready they have deactivated telugu &malaylam channels now they wanted to deactivate kannada channels i wanted to know after deactivating telugu,malaylam ,and kannada what is south pack sir giving such kind of mental torture is not fair please ciarify thanking you my contact no :9901601835 cust id :3000383796
manpreet613

Dec 16, 2014

Deduction of balance

Correction
My airtel dth is 3013764905 on date 13/12/14 they deduct Rs. 90 of kids world pack wich i had Not ordered. I call Customer care they told me that is our fault and we will credit your balance. I call many times but Rs. 90 not credit in my account.They suspended my account. Please HELP me.
Yours sincerely
Harpreet singh
manpreet613

Dec 16, 2014

Deduction of balance

My airtel dth is 3013764905 on date 13/12/14 they deduct Rs. 90 of kids world pack wich i had ordered. I call Customer care they told me that is our fault and we will credit your balance. I call many times but Rs. 90 not credit in my account.They suspended my account. Please HELP me.
Yours sincerely
Harpreet singh
Santosh Kumar Pandey

Dec 2, 2014

TATA SKY,

Reference: - Tata Sky Subscriber ID 1044016606
Sub: - Annual Grand Sports New Reinstate Pack priced at Rs.2300/- with Hindi Regional Free Pack & Marathi Regional Free Pack

This is to inform you that my account has been recharged on 30th June 2014 with Rs. 2465/- Vide transaction ID “74678444182214046720184” and among that Rs.2300/- has been deducted for the Annual Grand Sports New Reinstate Pack and the current packages active in my account.

Now you guys have deactivated my account due to your mistake & mis-communication towards the activation of the Annual Pack & you have considered as month wise.

I need my DTH Connection to be activated with 24 Hrs. Else, I need to file an complaint under Cheating & Fraud section. It was your team mistake to ACTIVATE THE ANNUAL PACK. I have paid full amount of one year subscription. Also, need to file against the “Jago Grahak Jago” with penalty clause for Harassment.

Kindly look into the matter and ACTIVATE my Connection ASAP!

CC: Mr. Harit Nagpal, MD & CEO, Tata Sky and DOAOI president
thankimanish

Dec 1, 2014

Dish TV Provider

Hello Everyone,

my register mobile no. 9725050614
customer id : 01518874497
customer Name : thanki manish

i am regret to inform you that your services is to much poor for customer, i am really unhappy of providing your channels, you are frequently changing your channel providing in package 230 this too much bad for your business quality. i want change my DTH service provider if you not improve your service and ignore this mail. this is my last and first complain. i have complain many time to customer care center but not getting satisfied reply.

i am unhappy because of you are stop sony tv package and and some of the popular channel which is providing at the purchasing time.

This is very bad very bad very bad for you and your company policy.

Dear Manish Ji,

When you have purchase Dish TV you have Received Subcribe Application Form and it’s Conform by Company that

“any time Dish TV Remove or Add any Channel’s, and Package will be Increase .

Now Some Channel’s Remove Exp. Sony, Sab, Max, Max2 . And Add New Channel’s – Utv Movie, Action, Bindass.

Have you want any More Detail’s pls Call to – 01202550000

Gujarat.

Mob.No. -756-707-9088

Website :- www.dishtv.in

Dear Vipul,

This is not fair and war and love, you have to understand customer feeling, if you continuously given this type of reply your company life is too short, because all other DTH service provider give this basic and popular channels in normal package plan, if you are not able to give this sony, sab, max. i want to stop your service and want to get all money back. when i buy a connection i purchased in Rs. 1850/-.

Dear Manish Ji,

It’s Changed By Top Management,

These channel’s Avl. as only A-ala- Carte

Sony – 05/-

Sab - 05/-

Max - 5/-

Max2 - 10/- for per month.

No any Changes in only Super family pack, it’s Remove from All package’s

Dear Vipul,

i want to back my money in any of the cash, i want to stop use Dish Tv, if you not give money back i will go to GRAHAK SURKSHA and complaints againts DISH TV compnay, i will prove it this compnay is fraude and very bad compnay don't purchase anyone. i think that is better for you.

Navninderjit Singh

Nov 26, 2014

Dish TV Regarding withdrawn of channels from subscription but payment hasbeen made for this

Hello Sir
I am Having Dish TV cable Connection I have paid full amount of one year subscription. But after some time they withdrew my two channels, after my complaint to 'jago grahak jago' they have provided those channels to me but now they have again withdrawn many channels from my subscription. when I contacted customer care the person concerned told me that due high cost these channels have been withdrawn and we have provided you other channels. But the number of channels which have been withdrawn are more as compare to which have been started but my subscription are not for those channels for which payment had been made. I don't want those channels. I want the old channels for which the money has been paid. when i have paid the money they didn't inform me that these channels would be withdrawn after few time. I think this is not my fault. I have paid them the full amount but they are not providing me the channels for which i have paid.
Kindly do some thing
Navninderjit Singh
PH: 9466176881

MMRDA - ROAD REPAIR
    DEAR MMRDA & Concerned Authorities, We would like...
    [email protected] - Transaction failed
    I send money for bhim app via 25000 not credited. But...
    Bhim - Money
    Pesa Kat gya a.c se but other a.c me not recived
    Daikin Split AC - Ac remote display not working
    Dear Aditya, We are still waiting for your response....
    Learning license - Payment refund
    Rto India — refund against the failed transaction for...
    GoAir - Non-refund of airfare
    I had booked a a flight from Kol - Delhi and return in Aug...
    Mobikwik - Please refund my money
    Hi Sir, Someone call me and said he is from BOB bank. He...
    Runwal Devolopers - Request for Rebooking of T6B-702 at Eirene by Runwal or...
    I Jesson George had booked a 2BHK flat in your project...
    Dilli Streat - Food not given proper
    At Delhi Airport Terminal 3 I ordered for Veg Hakka...