DTH service

Consumer complaints and reviews about DTH service

Philip R. Salmon

Aug 13, 2014

No Audio and I am not being allowed to watch CNNeven after I have subscribed for it.

I have experienced loss of Audio on Airtel Digital TV on various occasions. The last time was on 12-8-2014 from 8-30PM till midnight and then I switched it of and on 14-8-2014 when I was watching the mews on BBC.from 8.30Am till I switched it off at 9.45AM.

I continued to watch the Video as there were some interesting movies and in the morning I continued to watch the video as it was interesting.

I tried to get CNN but was informed that I was not permitted to do so as I had not subscribed for it when infact when I got their services in May 2014 their representative Mr Dharmendra Vishwakarma ,his mobile No. 9892313633. I specifically asked for CNN and he has stated this in the receipt that was given tome in the name of Edeline E -

solutions Company Pvt Ltd Receipt No. 924 of 17-5-2014 the amount I paid was for the Annual Mega HD package and CNN RS. 5680.00 by cheque No. 029218 on Bank of India.

When I phone their help line I am asked to go through a voice activated answering service that wants all the information thjat was given an recorded in their customer relationship form where my Customer ID is 3014569196 and my name is Philip R. Salmon as well as my address ois also given with my date of birth and nationality. I have also given my email ID.

They have all the relevant information and yet they ask for the same information after I give them my customer ID.

I believe that the people employed by the organsitati0n are computer literate and that the information that is given to them is on the computer for easy access as all other companies do.

This pure harassment.

They spend cores on advertisements BUT not a cent on customer relationships, yet they have a customer relationship form. What do they do with this information?

This I believe that this is the case with all the DTH operators and this has to be addressed and they have to pay for any telephonic communication that a registered subscriber approaches them on.

I do hope that these issues will be addressed at the earliest and that the necessary adjustments be implemented .
pradyot Biswas

Aug 2, 2014

false consumer complaint portfolio in website

firstly I like to add my experiences about submission of complaint to Dishtv website and phone.

1. Tried to submit my complaint through e- mail link of website for at least 20 times but failed to submit. There is some internal mechanism so that you can not submit your complaint and sometimes shifted to unnecessary page having no relevance.
2. Tried to contact through website phone nos. it is a wastage of time and you phone charge.
3. tried to contact phone of of Nodal Officer. Nobody lifts the phone. No reply given against the e-mail sent to her.
4. During my efforts to contact in many ways one extra channel was added in my account without any further confirmation from me.

Complaint:- On the starting date of world cup football I requested to add Sony Six Channel. It was informed that I can not discontinue it within 30 days. After about 50 days I requested to discontinue the channel ( You can not make it online. there is no such provision in the website but can add channel instantly through website). They confirmed the deletion of channel in the following language, " Dear Dishtv subscriber, request for de-activation of the SONY SIX packis confirmed. The 30 days lock-in period on pack will end on 24-01-15."
24-01-15 is my last date of recharge and they will charge till that date. How the 30 day lock in period will end after 7 months?

Jul 19, 2014

complaint about un wanted services subscribe and payment deduction without permission

hello sir my name is puneet jain subscription id is 1044523965 i am using Tata sky Dth services in Bhopal mp i am want do complaint against the unwanted subscription and payment deduction without my permission, And when i call to service center so the executive Mr Uttam Mandal talk to me very irresponsible,
so please provide me my money back and UN subscribe my unwanted services as soon as possible thank you
dbahuva

Jul 5, 2014

non working set top box

I have complained about faulty set top box of tata sky tv . They changed about 2 months back. Again it is not working. I have complained yesterday, but till today my complaint has not been resolved. I am a premium customer having tatasky + HD. steel i get rotten service.

I warn consumer not to shift to taty sky

Dinesh Bahuva

Customer no 1002741153
Anurag0986

Jun 21, 2014

fraud Airtel

As per the discussion with Airtel Customer care, I had paid for DTH online. I was informed that once the customer ID will be generated, I will be receiving a call from AIrtel where an appointment will be fixed for DTH installation. I believed on AIRTEL's services however It was very saddening to follow up with them when they didn't install DTH as per the commitment. I Was given a cutsomer ID- 3014781017.. & I tried to contact them, Airtel ppl said that they have not received any order. WTF... if the payment was not rcvd how come I have a confirmation mail from my bank that the payment was done... how come the AIRTEL gave the confirmation that online payment was rcvd... I have been asked to wait for another 24 hrs for the resolution... I was kept on hold for around 4-5 mins & call was never retrived... The call centre supervisor named "Chintu" even doesnt know how to spk with customer...

MY request to everyone do not Buy AIRTEL DTH..PATHETIC SERVICES>>>>>
sumit khanna

Jun 17, 2014

india cricket pack not shown by dish tv

i have dish tv id no 01513362560 super gold pack including india cricket pack but match between india vs bangladesh not shown by dish tv.
nabeelcv64

May 31, 2014

call not attend

I called three day but not attent my call
Long time waiting..then automatically cut my call after half hour...i need offer packeg activation....9 month reacharge 3 minth free but i can't active
daudkhan

May 26, 2014

Dish TV poor service

dishtv very very poor service dth my name daud khan
Continue complained my vc no 01510701344
My Package dth silver please change this package
Super family package ....
viswanathan ravi

May 25, 2014

free tamil channels not being activated after change of modem

Dear sir ,
My customer Id - 3004577486.- Airtel Dth --
I have recharged my Airtel digital Tv Dth on 23/07/2014 for one year fully for south ultra -package .On 22/05/2014 registered a complaint with airtel office for audio problems / ref.no - 37764068 .Airtel engineer changed the Modem on 23/05/2014 and refreshed my package . After this process , am not receiving my free Tamil ( 10 to 12 channels ) for which a complaint registered on the same day through airtel 12150 .and so far more than 10 times have spoken to different persons through 12150 customer care .But till now the problem has not been rectified !!!!!!! and my calls to Airtel office - is unanswered .Is this the kind of service am to expect from a reputed Dth operator Airtel ???. Is there no way to penalize these operators for such kind of irresponsible attitude towards customer complaints . please help me in this problem which we are facing since four days .

sincerely ,
ravi
shantish bp

May 4, 2014

NEWLY ADDED CHANNELS ARE NOT COMING

TATASKY SUBSCRIBER ID:100732766

I am the TATASKY subscriber since 5 years,the tatasky is used to add more channels their list but the newly added channels are the problem these days and we are not getting signal strength for the newly added channels.

Other old channels are properly coming and telecast is good.

But out of the newly added channels all are getting paused and voice often very often used get paused and could not view the channels properly.

We have given emails to tatasky customer service but no solution is made for this.

EMAIL GIVEN TO TATASKY ON :
dear sir/madam,

user id number:tatasky 100732766

we are your old subscriber wherein we could not view your following
channels properly ,it make so many pauses always

channel numbers are

please rectify the error at your earliest and oblige.

thanking you,

bp shantish
hassan
karnataka state.

EMAIL ID:[email protected]

please solve the problem at your earliest and oblige.

bp shantish
hassan
bayyanara

Apr 24, 2014

Subscription ID - 1069380135 ( Tata sky)

I am subcriber to Taka Sky since 2012.

The DTH provider is in rugular habit of pasting the payment alert on the TV screen 10 days or two weeks ahead of the payment due date. The alert in the form of " yellow envelop" stays on the TV screen aven one week after the payment is made.

This has been happening ever since I took the connection. Any number of calls to their toll free numbers does not yield any result.
They instruct me to do this ... do that.... go to help menu.... press this option... that option...and ultimately reaching nowhere..

Can there be a solution ????

Narasimha Rao, Chennai

7200013398
bayyanara

Apr 24, 2014

TATA SKY is not removing pament alert on the TV screen - Subcription ID is 1069380135

I am a tatasky subcriber and every month two weeks in advance the payment alert in " yellow envelop" is pasted on the TV screen. This is a regular feature every month. The alert appears for almost a week or ten days even after payment of the subscripttion. The "yellow envelop" appearing on the screen is blocking the news.

Can TRAI do something about it ????

Narasimha Rao, Chennai

7200013398
Shivaranjan

Apr 22, 2014

NOT GETTING THE KANNADA CHANNELS

SIR, I AM THE RESIDENT OF BELGAUM,KARNATAKA. FROM LAST 6 MONTHS WE ARE USING HATHWAY CABLE NETWORK IN THIS NETWORK WE ARE NOT GETTING KANNADA NEWS AND MUSIC CHANNELS, AND SOME HINDI CHANNELS.OUR CABLE SERVICE PROVIDER NAME IS VARADRAJ (HATHWAY) CABLE NETWORK-590001.TELE NO:08314213003,4213004.EVERY MONTH FOR COLLECTION THEY WILL COME BUT THEY ARE NOT GIVING US GOOD SERVICE AND CHANNELS.AND EVERY TIME THEY WILL TELLING US LIES. PLEASE TAKE STRICT REACTION ON THEM AND PUT ALL KANNADA CHANNELS AND HINDI CHANNELS EARLIER.

THANKING YOU.
anilgupta035

Apr 17, 2014

UTV ACTION CHANNEL ISSUE AGAINT DISH TV

sir, mera vc no. 01519015690 hai, dish tv dth service provider
mera pack family sports pack hai
mere pack mein UTV ACTION channel add tha lekin 15 march se yah channel
dish tv ne lock kar diya hai, call karne par kahte hai is channel ke liye apko doodra pack lena padega

sir, yed dish tv wale apni manmani kar kare rahe hai, aur customers ko dhoka de rahe hai,
connection lene par kush kahte hai aur baad mein kuch kahte hai

mob. : 9837115542
vijay kumar8

Mar 30, 2014

complaint against AIRTELL TDH SREVISES

MY ID 3005557279. I RECEIVED A MESSAGE THAT MY RENT OF PAC WILL BE REVISED W.E.F 10/03/2014 FROM 220 TO RS 235 P.M. AND FOLLOWING CHANNEL ADDED RISTEY, MOVIES O.K., SONY MIX. NICK JR, DISCOVER KIDS AND SONY MIX . I IMMEDIATELY LODGED COMPLAINT BUT NO RESPONSE FROM COMPANY. NOW I GET RECHARGED WITH RS 330/ ON 25/03/2014 AND I RECEIVED THE MESSAGE THAT MY PACK IS rs219.35 P.M.

BUT TODAY FOLLOWING CHANNELS WAS DELETED FROM SUBSCRIPTION THE TIMES NOW. NDTV AND CNNIBN WITH OUT ANY NOTICES. THE INFORMATION IS WITH ME FOR ADDITIONAL OF CHANEL AND ADDITIONAL OF CHANNELS
NOW WAT i HAVE TO DO
mpaste

Mar 26, 2014

False subscription details compare to monthly statement

I am a Tatasky customer with subscription Id 1033749589.
I bought Add-on KIDs pack in dec for Rs 14 and till date , whenever I saw my package details till date , It was showing same as Base Pack
South Sports (Monthly)
FREE
Add-On Packs
Kids (Monthly)
Rs. 14

Today, I saw my Monthly statement, where it was as Rs1.48 /day for Add-On Packs Kids. When I contacted customer helpdesk, he was saying the offer was for first month. My query was that why Tatasky show monthly pack as Rs 14 till date. Customer assumes , he pays as per offer price, but he was paying non-discounted price till date. is this not the cheating with customer?
Can I receive the refund of my money, which tatasky was deducted as per 1.48/day?
devenskhatri

Feb 20, 2014

COMPLAINT OF DISH TV DTH CONNECTION ID 01519154781

DEAR SIR / MADAM,

I HAVE MADE PAYMENT TO DISTIV TWICE OF RS. 220 EACH FOR RECHARGE OF MY DTH CONNECTION AS PER DETAIL GIVEN:

Paytm order no: 199795473
17 Feb'14
12:55 pm Recharge of DishTV DTH 01519154781 ₹ 220 Failed
Amount paid ₹ 220 Success
Bank Transaction Id: 114021785661658 ₹ 220

FURTHER DISH TV HAS BLACK OUT MY CONNECTION AND EVEN I AM NOT ABLE TO VIEW THE FREE SERVICES PROVIDED

KINDLY LOOK INTO MATTER

DEVEN S KHATRI
hariharanpr

Feb 19, 2014

COMPLAINT FOR AIRTEL DTH CUSTOMER ID NO. 3010218307

My customer ID of AIRTEL DTH is 3010218307. Initially, I had subscribed for Rs.200/- per month package which includes channels like Hungama, Pogo and three more child programmes. After few months of my subscription, the charges were raised to Rs.220/- per month. AIRTEL has been charging Rs.20/- every time I restart the services. Now I have come to know that AIRTEL is also charging Rs.50/- for Child Channels. As per the regulations (Rule 9A) that a DTH provider cannot arbitrarily make any changes in the composition of a subscription package chosen and paid for by the subscriber. AIRTEL never informed me of charging Rs.50/- for child package and every time AIRTEL is charging Rs.270/- from me. Now I want refund of excess charged from me. If I don’t receive my money back, I will approach District Consumer Forum and lodge formal complaint against AIRTEL.

Hariharan
vlatha

Nov 7, 2013

To give Starsports that gives English Commentary

I am a customer for DishTV. My VC No. is 01514298606. My package is South HD World Pack. In this pack the India Cricket Pack is included which means whenever India plays automatically the channel that broadcasts Indian Matches will be aired even though that channel is included as a la carte. When the tournament is over automatically it will be off. This DishTV is having two types of packages one for North Indians and another for South Indians. In both these Packages the list of channels given are more or less same. Nowadays the Starsports people have created Starsports 1, 2, 3, 4, Starsports HD1 & Starsports HD2. Of which Starsports 3 is exclusively for Hindi commentary and Hindi scores. We the South Indian are unable to read and grasp the conversation what the commentators are telling and scores shown on the screen. This DishTV has given Starsports 3 previously it was called Star Cricket which is exclusively a Hindi Channel as stated above. I have requested for giving either Starsports 1, 2 or any Starsports that gives live English Commentary of ongoing Cricket matches between India and West Indies being played in India. to my email the DishTV people are giving confused explanation in a business mind that Starsports 3 is a la carte pack and it was deactivated. They said that Starsports 1 has been activated but I have not seen. Therefore, I request to you to kindly ask the DishTV people to give Starsports 1 which gives English Commentary in place of Starsports 3 which will benefit not only me but also the entire South Indian people having DishTV connection.

Arun
vasanthkumar21

Sep 10, 2013

DTH restricting me from watching NEWS channels

This is Vasanth Kumar S. I am using Sun Direct HD DTH(Smart card No:
42510604590) connection for the past 1.5 years. My complaint about the
DTH service,They are restricting me from watching some good news
channels(Puthiya thalaimurai, G Tv). They are telling reasons like
those channels are not renewing the agreements, But I believe some
political reasons behind that and they are telecasting some NEWS
channels which are supporting their political backgrounds.If they
doing so, they are blocking more than 10 million costumers to watching
the NEWS against them.

As a customer, I entitle to watch some neutral NEWS channels and its
my rights also. If I go to other networks,I have to pay for new
connection. I think network portability in DTH solve this issue or
TRAI take steps to bring all the channels with out partiality. TRAI
recommended the DTH for wireless connections. But conditions like this
force us back to cable networks.

Please help me on this.
Ravinder Patial

Aug 23, 2013

Airtel DTH not providing its promised offer and even a la carte was not implemented.

1. I have a Airtel DTH connection no 3003546856. I had a normal set top box. On 21-08-2013 at 4.38PM a call came to me from telephone number 011-47438500, offering me HD channels free for a month if I upgrade my set top box to HD. I accept their offer and Rs2000 were deducted from my account for the same on 22-08-2013.Engineer who changed my set top box also said that free channels will be given to you within 48 hours. But no such channels were given to me. I contacted to customer care service of the company regarding fulfilling their offer then they refused by saying that offer was up to 9th 0f August 2013.
2. A week before I opted a la carte on the website of airtel DTH and a call for the confirmation of same came to me. Their representative promised the activation of a la carte within 24 hours but till today it is not activated.
So sir please take necessary action against the service providing company so that they can no more make the customers fool.
Yours Truely,
Ravinder Patial
Airtel DTH a/c no. 3003546856
Mobile number 9882642331
aknauriyal

Aug 21, 2013

Unable to view FTA after expiry of paid period

sir
i had videocon d2h HD connection,but since last month i had not paid subscription and thus no channels are being viewed
As per law i should be able to see FTA ,lok sabha,rajya sabha & DD channels without any payment

rghosekar

Jul 25, 2013

Regarding free to air channel

Hello Sir,

I am customer of videocon D2h service. I found that once recharged expire, all the channel including "free to air"get unsubscribed.

Ideally all the "free to air"should be subscribed even after expiration of recharge.I don't know guideline published by Govt.

Could you please look into it.

Ravi Ghosekar
email id : [email protected]
girish nayyar

Jul 19, 2013

discontinuation of channels

Reliance dish tv , is continuously closing their channels from the last 4 months. today they have displayed that 4 channels are discontinued from their dish.

When i talked at costumer care the person said that it is company's policy, we are helpless.

Sir pl do some thing, the company has stopped approx. 14 or 15 channels, and i have deposited one year rent to the company.
Is it not moral responsibility of the company when they have charged us the money for the package and now stopping the channels.

thanking you.

Girish nayyar ( 098151-30270)

HDFC Credit Card - Address Verification
    Dear Sir, I had apply for HDFC Credit Card (Application...
    Videocon D2H - Worst Service
    Dear Harry, We apologize for the inconvenience. We have...
    NSDL - PAN Correction
    I HAD APPLIED FOR PAN CORRECTION THROUGH EKYC ESIGN, MY...
    Jio - Jio recharge failed. Money has been deducted
    During a Jio recharge of ₹399 on my Jio number through...
    Customers [email protected] - Refund Finance Charges
    I have done the 98,000 transaction with my credit card on...
    Grassroots Academy - Grassroots Academy
    Grassroots Academy is India's top coaching for MSc...
    PAN NSDL - temporary token number not received on my mobile
    I have paid for the E-Sign verification through net...
    The GHMC commissioner,
 hyderabd - illegal construction in Huda park
 The GHMC commissioner,
I...
    JIO Prime Recharge - Recharge failed and money has been deducted
    During a Jio recharge of ₹399 by Gpay on my Jio number...