Consumer complaints and reviews about Hathway Broadband

Nov 17, 2015

Issue with internet

Dear SwarupJ,

we apologize for the inconvenience. Please share your Hathway account number and location. We’ll get back to you.

SwarupJ

Nov 12, 2015

Pathetic Customer Service - Hathway Broadband

I got a call today and last week from your executive while I was in transit regarding the payment.
I informed the executive that I paid 3 months upfront and the offer stated that the fourth month would be free,
She informed that 4 month plan was not updated in the backend, hence she could give me a grace period of 15 days instead of one month and disconnected the call abruptly.

This is sheer unprofessionalism due to two reasons:
1. No call back after the disconnect. The call was disconnected intentionally which shows the kind of attitude and service towards the customer. Customer executives are paid to talk to customers about their issues not for the sake to increase their call count.

2. Due to your technical fault, you did not update the extra one month plan when I paid for 3 months upfront. Why should the customer agree for extra 15 days at much reduced speed when you promised about the extra month?

Help me with the disconnection procedure as I am really disappointed by your service of you being boasting such a huge brand in the broadband space.

Just a pathetic service, I request others not to go for hathway and fall into their traps for offers.

Forgot to provide my details:
Name - Swarup
Account - 1182004
Cell - 9686698036
SwarupJ

Nov 12, 2015

Issue with internet

This is sheer unprofessionalism due to two reasons:

Oct 13, 2015

Hathway broke my trust real bad by giving fake promises and not rectifying issue since one week!! Very disappointed!

Dear Vinu Vijayan

we apologize for the inconvenience. An executive will get in touch with you ASAP.

Vinu Vijayan

Oct 10, 2015

I'm not receiving internet from past 6 days! Everyday I call customer care 4-5 times regarding this!! And without no doubt I get this prompt reply every single time.."Our team is working on it..Will be resolved within 24 hours! And this will be a permanent fix" Frankly speaking I'm tired of hearing this bullshit! I do get internet sometimes like at 2.30am after midnight to maybe 10 or 11am in the morning! What is the bloody use! They are telling its some server issue! If that's the case why don't they fix this?? I'm seriously annoyed with their response to customers! Giving fake hopes for something that they dont want to fix!
Name- Vinu Vijayan

Dear sk.ali2050,

sk.ali2050

Oct 6, 2015

No internet services

"My Customer ID is 1220971. My internet connection is down almost all the time and when ever i call in the night times the call goes in to silence and no one picks up. You guyz have to know that we are charged for the call we make to hathway. There is no connection for me from past 1 day and when i call your customer care, the agents asks me to call in the morning as he is not aware of the things. Please reach out to me ASAP or i might have reach out to customer count."
ankiit8973

Sep 26, 2015

Internet speed down for last 7 days

My Hathway ID is 1104346. I had taken a quarterly package with them where i get 25 GB every month at 50 mbps and once i exceed that the speed is downgraded. The monthly renewal happens at the 18th of every month. However this month the speed didnt get reset to 50 mbps but i was still getting downgraded speed. i raised a complaint with their call center on 19th getting an assurance that they will look into and rectify within 24 hrs. but as is the case nothing happened no one even called to check. I kept calling them over the next 3-4 days where i had to explain the entire situation over and over and get the false assurances again. During these conversations 1 of the thing the rep mentioned was that i had exceeded my 25 GB usage for this month , to which i explained to him that its just 3 days since the plan has been reset and the spped i am getting there is no way i can use 25 GB. after much of the explaining they finally figured out that it was a backend issue due to which my quota wasnt reset for the next month and told they will set it right in the next 4 hrs but again nothing happened. I then decided to contact the nodal office where i hadto explain the entire thing again. They said they will get back to me in an hour but no one does. When i call them they tell me the backend team is working on it and they should have it up by the evening. Again on one calls nor the speed comes up. followed up with the nodal office again for the next 2 days but everytime they will give a false set of excuses and assurances. finally a get a msg on 25th saying that ur complaint has been closed. I tried calling nodal office many times to explain that the net speed is still not up but they didnt pick up. This has lead to extreme frustation over the last week and has significantly affected my work. Their customer service seemed to be the worst - you keep explaining the same thing over and over - why cant they make some notes - also if ask them to transfer the call to senior officer you keep holding the line for the next 5 minutes and no one picks up. the nodal office is no better. i even dropped a mail to the appellate authority but just got an automatic response from them.

Now i dont even know what next to do having exhausted all options - it feels like the consumers are at mercy of the service providers. There should be strict checks/audits conducted by the regulatory bodies like TRAI to see how these companies handle their customers.

I sincerely hope some action is taken on this complaint.

Ankit

Sep 16, 2015

installation complaint

Dear agopidas

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will look into the matter and get back to you.

agopidas

Sep 15, 2015

installation complaint

Hi sir, I am Arun gopidas, ACC# 894888, I had an account 3 years back, which i have cancelled it 3 years back after using it for 3 months, and now i have made the payment of rs 526.00 and got the account reactivated, however the relevant person has informed me that, he will come home for the installation the next day, since I have just got the old modem, and I have not got any router or any details, from the day one it is almost 3 weeks now, no one has turned up for the installation, this is a very bad customer service, and this is the only reason people cancel the account, which I did cancel it 3 years back, even now the same, when I contacted the concern person, they informed me that, please do contact the installation team, which i am not able to find the details on, I have called the customer service and I have raised a complaint regarding this issue, and the complaint was raised under my name and account number, and there is no response from them as well, I have not experienced this kinda service ever in my life.

I will call the hathway soon and cancel my account, and the best part is, I am not using the connection yet, and the bill is been generated , and the representative is calling me , requesting to make the payment soon, not to loose the connection, how bad:(
Mkumar35

Aug 14, 2015

Very poor network. Worst customer service

I am using Hathway Broadband since one month. There was not a single day that I got uninterrupted connection. Now, from last two days, I don't have internet at all. I registered a complaint, for which the customer care person informed that someone will visit to check the connection. No one came and today I got an SMS from Hathway that my complaint has been closed. I try to contact the customer care again, but after entering all the details the connection breaks. All calls I make from my mobile are payable, so I need to spend a lot to contact the customer care which is of no use. Other than this, at the time of installation of modem for the first time, the engineer who came for installation, asked 200 rupees installation charge, which has no bill, and which was never mentioned anywhere before I applied for the connection. This broadband has the worst service I ever get. I paid for three months, and not sure how many days they provide internet.

Manoj Kumar,
customer code: 1390110
muhammad ali0101

Aug 6, 2015

Disgusting service

most pathetic and worst service in this universe and in this whole milky wave galaxy!!!! in an hour of usage there is at least 15 to 20 times of disconnection. and in a week at least i have to call 4 times to customer care to resolve my problem.
the only thing hathway is good at is saying "we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to u " bloody idiots!! they charge from us and do not provide any service at all, instead i have to make calls to the so called customer care service center frequently, the phone bills are costing me 370rs to 450rs a months. will these bloody rascals provide me that phone bills?? Hathway is cheating people and we have to BAN hathway altogether. I HATE THIS DISGUSTING PATHETIC CHEAP SUBSTANDARD COMPANY> GO TO HELL HATHWAY!!! NEVER NEVER ANYBODY BUY A CONNECTION FROM THIS DISGUSTING COMPANY U WILL FOR SURE SUFFER ALOT!!
Raam Rajaram

May 7, 2015

No service for 1 Month

My broad band account number is 1246329.

I have paid my Bill on April 2nd 2015. I had my connection for 2 days and it got disconnected. When I called customer service, they mentioned that I had not paid Jan 2015 Bill. I gave them a receipt number for the amount paid. However, they are unable to track it.

After 20 odd calls to the customer care, they mentioned that I have not returned my modem, which I had. An agent came in for the plan change and took my old modem and gave a new one. He did not give any receipt for it. They are asking me for some receipt no., which I do not have.

Now, I told them, I am ready to pay for a modem that some agent stole, just give me my internet connection back. But No, they keep arranging call backs that do not come. Even if they do, they ask the same questions and close the call and the issue. No RESUTS what so ever.

I am asking for my connection back. I can ready to pay some extra amount for the modem that someone else stole. Or if I have not paid something previously, I am ready to pay. Let me know what I should pay. I DONT KNOW what will get my internet connection back. I am scared now to suggest Hathway to my friends.

Please do something ASAP. This is very urgent and far too much of time has passed.
krish_ng

Apr 6, 2015

Hathway - Refund & Connection Deactivation

Acc Number: 662544, located in Bangalore. There was always a Internet issue now and then but that exceeded from 26th Mar 2015. Raised a complaint on 27th April. When a service request was raised on the same day one, they told 24 Hrs it will be rectified. Later they told me that issue will be rectified when I get the new modem (users were asked to migrate to 50MBps plan). The new modem was installed on 28th Mar 2015. Again a request was raised on 28th till 1st Apr 2015. They never came to the location for checking the issue, simply closed the ticket first 3 days. 4th day i asked them how you closed the ticket without confirmation from side, they did not any clue. Fed up with this service, a mail was written to their billing & help desk mail id on 30th Mar for Internet closure. They told that I will get a call from back end team within 24Hrs. No response yet, in between a guy called me asking me to wait for a day and he will send the technical team and correct the issue. No one came here. Next day again i wrote a mail for disconnection today, No reply for that, again another guy called me asking me to wait for a day and he will send the technical team and correct the issue. No one came here. How many days they need to check the issue, I have already paid Rs 2516 for 3 months Internet (Apr- June), no clue whether they refund that. The mail ids they use only when they want to send plan changes, when customers write a mail they do not even respond. Can you please do the needful in deactivating the connection and getting the refund.

These are few of the service requests that were closed without checking the issue in the actual location: 12324399,12334228, 12337035, 12323646,12320061, 12309667,12309558.

I had got a mail confirmation from billing team on 4th Apr that the amount will be refunded, today a lady from Refund Depart called me saying that amount cannot be refund for prepaid. Can you please do the needful.
Prajith Nair

Mar 13, 2015

Horrible Customer Service

Hathway customer service SUCKS!!! I tried reaching their customer care multiple times however calls are dropped in middle of conversation and have to call up Customer care over and over.

People in Customer care really doesnt seem to Care about their Customer's. Horrible Service EVER.

ACCOUNT NO. 1014837
Yogesh Gupta

Feb 20, 2015

Service activated without confirming

Service activated without confirming
Deexa Devrani

Feb 20, 2015

Refund the money i have paid for Installation as speed and services are not what been promised

Hi Sir/ Mam,

I got new hathway broadband connection on 22 jan 2015. After consuming all 25GB of data I tried activating TOP-UP of 10GB through online topup service.

I payed for "562 INR " for extra 10 GB on 7th fab 2015 but till 16th the top up was not been credited in my account.

I called the local service provider thrice and then I called customer care on 13 fab, who told me by 6 pm the service will be activated. But service didn't get activated. Again I called customer-care on 14th morning ,15th afternoon and again on 16th morning.

After making number of calls to customer care finally on 16th feb, I told to customer service person to refund the money or just activate the 5GB of plan( costing 300INR), well I waited throughout the day for solution, next day I got a message saying 10 GB plan is activated and the complaint is closed.

Though I have told not to activate and refund the money, now this time TOP-UP is activated. With heavy heart I thought to carry the service as I was already Fed Up with calling customer care day & night.

But this was just the beginning of nightmare. Now service is activated with no service up-gradation.
I am still getting only 512 kbps of speed. with the 10 GB top-up activated in my account. Already paid 562INR.

Its really very sad and disheartening, when there is no response for your complaints and you need to beg for your own money.

I don't want 10Gb TOPUP activation now, kindly refund the money and I don't want the service as well

Details:
Complainant Numbers : 1190110, 11918189
Account number: 1259448

Deexa Devrani
Bangalore
Sinu Pillai

Oct 20, 2014

SHIFTING OF CONNECTION

My hathway Account number- 1145386, I have taken this connection two months back, I have paid for three months pack. Two months already consumed and still one month left.

I have shifted to new home, and new area. I called customer care , i was advised to send out a mail. I did the same, got reply saying will check the feasibility and let me know.

I didnt got any call for the next four days, when i call ed back I was informed that the area i was staying is not feasible. But when i tried for new connection , Sales executive called me, he visited my new home and told me that he will Provide new connection in two days. Its difficult to digest that existing connection cant be transferred but new connection can be provided.

On Friday i again called back and informed the same to Customer care, executive told me that they will transfer it and i will get call from back end. I didnt got any call back, I again called them yesterday( Requistion number- 10950571), got same reply will get call from back end. Today again I tried reaching them, I got reply that its not feasible. Next lane building also have hath way connection.

Now its as been three weeks, every day when i call them they say that, today they will give connection, but never they have come.