Consumer complaints and reviews about Hathway Broadband

Sangita Bharath

Apr 16, 2020

Installation

I have requested for installation on march 30th have paid for 6 months broadband pack too but no one turned up they promised to install within 5 days such a pathetic service.
SwathySuresh

Mar 27, 2020

Lost my account balance

I got a call from hathway support from +918511513282 and he sent me a set of OTP and asked me to say it and i had 3900rs in my account before the call and now its juat 432rs.. what is happening..when i asked him there was no response and when i dial back also there is no response from this number. This is so unfair i have already asked for refund and now taking 3500rs from my account doesn't seem to be fair. Does this the way you people steal our money. Is this a fraudulent act of yours towards customer. I have that money for my health purpose and now I'm a beggar becoz of you people. Dont feep ashamed for this act. No use in complaining in indian board or national board all frauds

Lost my account balance Lost my account balance Lost my account balance Lost my account balance

SwathySuresh

Mar 21, 2020

Hathway wifi connection neither provided support nor refunded

I paid 1343rs for new wifi connection under 749rs plan via upay to this sales executive number : 9566094484 on thursday. He told me that the connection will be provided within 24hrs. Now its past 48hrs and no response from them. They is no signs of refunding also. Why do these people play with customer's money. We pay to get a service when they can't provide they should convey it to customer and refund their paid amount. But this hathway is worst. No response from sales executive as well as customer care.
I want my money refunded back. Please help me to get back my amount.

My account id : 1187578417
User : Swathy Suresh

Hathway wifi connection neither provided support nor refunded Hathway wifi connection neither provided support nor refunded Hathway wifi connection neither provided support nor refunded Hathway wifi connection neither provided support nor refunded

Mudaseer101

Apr 14, 2019

Harassing with calls every day with different numbers - Don't Not Disturb Me

My Account no is 1135032599

I get so many calls in a day from Hathway customer executives or payment reminder executives which erks me in scorching sun every single day. How can you harass anyone by calling 10-20 times in a day from different numbers with different people, just for the sake renewal reminder when I still have 5-7 days more for expiry date of service. Don't you guys feel ashamed? You guys even calling me in Sundays and every time I pick the calls, different individuals is talking.. So ridiculous..

What's going on guys? Is this the way you treat your customers by harassing with calls?

1) Why do you make calls 10 times a day even before a week of my expiry date?

2) How can you call a customer, to get a new connection of Hathway when already using it? Don't you guys have new leads?

3) How can you call first of all, even for the payment reminder? This is prepaid service you fools, understand it. For example, if I renew on 1st of this month then it ll be expired by 1st next month. So what if the customer is out of the city? Do you still want him to pay in advance and waste so many days of subscription?

4) when a customer is requesting not to call so many times then how the heck you guys are calling again and again with different numbers? Don't you have a system to update?

This is serious issue of harassment with calls and must be resolved. I'm not the only person who is suffering but so many other subscribers of your Internet service is facing the same.
Vinothvinith

Apr 11, 2019

Cash Refund

hi,
i took an broadband connection in hathway year ago and my ID : 1153556677. due to worst network connection and worst customer car i cancelled my service in last november and i took other connection. Hathway promised me lot of offers like referral policies which was an year ago so that i referred many connections , for that they promised 100 rs discount for referral connections but they din do what they promised and they gave an plan offer of 786 for my friend , when i enquired about this they im not eligible and they din give proper response and the network connection become very much worst day by day. so i cancelled and took the new connection in another brand suddenly month after i received an call from hathway retention team and they promised me that in future u need not to pay not more than 786 since im an privilege customer we are giving this offer and i said no but they managed to convince me and made me took the connection again in month of january with 10 days bonus period which comes around 40 days. but they failed to give the 40 days and disconnected my connection and then again i paid for 30 days and start using it. but this mess continued again February, even i paid for that rental amount and continued using and after all this worst promises and im managed to use it but in march 9th they disconnected my service and then i started calling them and complained about this but they din respond properly from march 11. when i contacted them they said its an system oriented process so it got disconnected and they it will solve in 24 hrs . but it din solve for next 4 ,5 days so i made an payment for the connection and informed the same and asked to resume the connection and the real cheating came into picture, i was told by them that i paid less of existing plan which is Rs.943, i explained everything and then i contacted the customer care , they told its an system generated process so it disconnected and i shouted them asked to disconnect the service once for all and refund my amount of 786 and i asked for the confirmation message and email,they said not required sir within 15 working days i will get my refund amount but one month got over i received a message stating that my ticket is closed on March 10th 2019, so i contacted the customer care , the person who attended my call says that they have activated my account without my knowledge and now i shouted at them to refund the amount . the person name prabhakar, who attended my call again fake promises and i asked for the immediate refund he said he will connect me with the senior person put my call on hold and started reciving the busy dialogue notification. planning to file police complaint on this.they are not responding to my calls after that.
the person who did fake promises to me are : Mr.Raju :6380458432, Saravanan : 04440914266 , sathish, 8428190854.
Pls don trust these guys then you will be litreally get pissed off with their services and make you to wait for their call. they will not respond also. pls don refer hathway to anyone and don spoil your relationship with ur friends and family. I completely pissed off by the way they treat customers and they behave like they are giving job to us. still no response and they looted my money. they said they will do refund in 15 working days . still not got the refund
Ramesh V K

Feb 11, 2019

Net speed is low

My net speed is very low...When I call customer care, an automated voice says to raise it in the app...When I raised it in the app, they closed the complaint without any response...When I again raised it in the app these criminals ACTIVATED A SIX MONTHS OLD COMPLAINT IN THE APP SO THAT I CANT RAISE MORE COMPLAINTS.

THE SPEED IS NOT EVEN 30Mbps.

OBVIOUS CASE OF CHEATING

MY ACC NO 1162805152
sashimano

Oct 14, 2018

Broadband Internet

Copy – 3 To M/s. Hathway Cable & Datacom
Hathway account Number - 1164253865
Registered email - [email protected]

I've made my monthly rental amount in advance last month (11th Sep'18), however, my plan wasn't activated straightaway and I was getting threatening calls by Hathway customer care to pay the bills from Oct9th to Oct 13th. On 13th Oct girl from the hathway customer care rep was very abusive & unprofessional on call even though I’ve blocked the number I was getting call from, but I keep on getting the calls from different numbers from the same girl and she was abusing my family (unable to post in public) & When I tried to call the number, it was not connecting as that was a oneway communication server call. The following numbers are below,
+91 9962994412, +91 9894926240, +91 9944044631, +91 9994018485
After this was happened, I’ve immediately complained about this to Hathway customer care desk and this is the complaint reference – 13102018C4564 dated 13/10/2018. The complaint hasn’t processed and I’m still getting calls from the same girl up to 6.30 PM.
As I was frustrated so much from this behaviour, I’ve send the recorded voice clips and the call logs screenshot from my mobile to the concern email team ([email protected] & [email protected] & [email protected]) still I haven’t get any acknowledgement from any one. So, as a customer I can’t tolerate this kind of activities and since I’m not getting any support from the Hathway team, so I’ve posted all this to the Social Media for the better solution.
You can check some voice clips and call logs from the below link.

The complaint has also been posted to Hathway official face book page.
I’ll keep on post to Social Media every 4 hours until I get any response from the concern team.

******************************************************************************
I’d expect the written acknowledgement from the concern team soon.

Frustrated Customer,
V. Sashi Kumar

Copy 1 & Copy 2 forwarded to the respective officials.

Broadband Internet Broadband Internet Broadband Internet

arokiyabenjamin

Jun 8, 2018

Poor customer service - Disconnected and No response nor no refund there after

This is regarding refund request followed by the disconnection provided by your team.

I had to call your team starting from 21st May to check the feasibility repeatedly on a daily basis but your team confirmed no feasibility only on 29th May.

Please be informed that i have moved to a near by location (Athipet) from mogappair West on 29th May 2018 and your team could not help still. So i had to request for a disconnection and for a refund of the pending months usage and security deposit that was paid earlier.

I had opted for a half yearly plan on 9th Jan 2018 and paid 7119.00 INR which gets only by Sep 9th 2018.

Today your engineer have collected the installed Hardware's from me and confirmed all the equipment are in good condition and said he will close this case of HW collection for initiating the refund.

Though i had called your team repeatedly, i did not receive good response and all the cases have been closed with incomplete information or not listening to my request of not to close the case without a resolution. All the cases are mentioned below for your ref. Please be informed that i have all the conversations with your customer service recorded right from my first call of feasibility till refund request till date.

I have 3 calls for which none of your team members have raised a case for disconnection too.

My only request is to grant me refund for the pending 3 months and 10 days along with security deposit that was paid as half yearly subscription plan.

Appreciate your swift reply with requirements asap. Thanks.

Account NO 1154630468

Ph: +91 9092702354.
arokiyabenjamin

Jun 8, 2018

Poor customer service - Disconnection and No response nor no refund

Appreciate your swift reply with requirements asap. Thanks.

Account NO 1154630468

Ph: +91 9092702354.
Raghava

Apr 14, 2018

Hathway - Pathetic customer experience

I have a Hathway broadband account and I had made bulk annual payment for the service. I had to then shift my house and they didn't have feasibility in the new address(Very prominent location). I requested refund of my excess payment but they rejected my request.
They also don't allow transfer of connection across cities. They have one of the worst set of policies.
I have raised a complaint with TRAI now.

Strongly recommend against Hathway.
Mallika Saritha

Mar 5, 2018

Worst Service - Cheaters

Very worst service I have ever seen.

We have recharged for 30 days(1st Feb), and it get disconnected in 28 days (1st March), so we raised a complaint to connect the internet. We have called more than 5 times for this issue, but nothing happened they didn't solve our issue, we didn't have our internet connection for 2 days.

Account ID: 1149608825

Mallika
Nishanth S

Mar 4, 2018

wrong plan activated for new connection

This is nishanth from chennai while canvassing broadband connection hathway sales executive told a plan of rs.799 + gst i.e 150 mbps 1000gb after fup 5 mbps for this i paid rs 1343 on 21.1.2018 but i got my connection only on 2.3.2018 that too with wrong plan of rs.899 and also rs.126.34 was charged for some plan change. I need refund of rs 126.34 and plan of rs 799 to be set to my account without any extra charges. Account id is 1155044240. In home page of mobile app i cannot able to see my plan details and other details. I am facing so many problems with your connection. Previously i was using act in that connection i didnt face any problem. Kindly rectify as soon as possible.
Vinott

Feb 8, 2018

Amount paid Connection not activated

Team,
I don't understand what kind of customer service you guys provide, for last 4 months I am running poles to pillars just for choosing your SO CALLED INDIA'S BEST BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE, I am wasting another few minutes of my time by writing this e-mail hoping to find a solution by anyone looped in this mail trial,

I booked Hathway broadband on Oct 29, 2017, and I was provided with an account# 1155128670 and after that, no one did the installation even after 3 months and no one even bothered to provide me a proper response, So I have raised a refund request which is still pending and best part , I got a call from sales person (Daniel) on Jan 29, 2018, and he said my complaint has not been closed and he gave me an one + one offer and got the cabling and installation done by Jan 31, 2018, now I am running behind you people for my account activation, I am calling customer care team from Feb 1, 2018 literally on daily basis, and even reached activation team many times but still they haven't activated my account and they stated my account has been terminated, well i am not sure how come some once can do cabling and installation for a terminated account, and even booked a complaint request 06022018c6584, today they said some technical team will get back to me in this regards, I need a solution for this , either you process my refund or you can activate my account, but I need some action to be taken within 24 hours or I will take an action against HATHWAY , you guys can't take away my hard earned money just like that and take any customer for granted,

HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND AND DO THE NEEDFUL ON THIS ASAP,

I have also sent multiple e-mails to these below e-mail recipients but no action has been taken

Mohan Kumar <[email protected]>,

Dec 16, 2017

No refund after cancelling connection

we apologize for the inconvenience. Please inbox us your Hathway account number and location. An executive will get in touch with you soon.
ananddevvs

Dec 15, 2017

No connection

I've enquired about new Hathway broadband connection on 22-November-2017. Just after 2 hours, one person contacted me and collected the amount for installation. He assured that it'll be installed within 7 days, since my apartment was new and they need some time for cabling.

On 29-November-2017, i got a message with my Hathway account number (#1152740242). Next day one technician called me saying that he's coming for installation. Since no one was home, i asked him to come on next day. But after that no one contacted me. And when i called the same person, he told that different team will come.

After that i've called customer care several times and registered my complaint. They always tell it'll be resolved in 48 hours, but still no resolution to this nor any follow up from customer care.

I discontinued my active internet connection since i paid for Hathway. It's been almost a month and hence I don't have any internet connection.

Hathway haven't listed Nodal officer for Chennai, Tamilnadu on their website.

How much time will it take for your so called Technical team do cabling for a new connection? If it takes this much time like 3 weeks, you should consider hiring better technicians or stop taking money from people before giving connection.
sri70s

Dec 15, 2017

No refund after cancelling connection

Recently, I cancelled Hathway Broadband service, due to very slow speed. (hanging for several hours).. and no connection for several weeks.. Earlier, I paid for 6 months service.. after my initial one month.. Opened several technical calls.. Helped them, even to fix the configuration issue in their own router... but all worked for few hours/minutes.. Same problem persisted for months.. with no solution from their end. They also close my tickets without fixing the issue and without even calling me.. to check, whether, the issue is really resolved. The way, they treat you in the calls... is really horrible...

Now, When I cancelled the service.. I asked for refund for the days in my plan... They say, they can't refund... Still have approximately 2 and half months of service left with them. I opened cancelling request multiple times.... they again close the ticket without even discussing with you...

I really need help here...

Nov 16, 2017

Refund of deposit

we apologize for the inconvenience. An executive will get in touch with you ASAP.
muthuramanselvakumar

Nov 15, 2017

Refund of deposit

A/c No. 1150989621 - Connection not given - very delay and lethargic attitude in giving connection as committed connection not given - cancellation of connection and refund raised on 25-10-2017 but till not refunded - pls find the complaint numbers - 25102017W343252
27102017C1648
01112017C2504
14112017W626722

All the above compliant not resolved till now and no calls received from your chennai representative but whenever i spoke it has been updated in system as spoken but till now no spoke with regarding refund of amount - One person Vinith from RF team called 10 days but as committed he didn't take steps to refund the amount and he neither picking the calls after that - The service of Zonal sales head Venkat - 9884099239 , SM karthick - 98400 87069 and executive mani - 8807776664 are very poor, irresponsible, false assurance and misguiding and comes under deficiency of service - No nodal officers for chennai and take steps to refund of amount with interest of 18% immediately,

M L Selvakumar
Lourdes_Jeanette

Nov 1, 2017

Terrible and unreliable service since installation

To whomsoever is willing to read and act on this compliant

After much follow-up and convincing by the sales person I made a decision to go for Hathaway connection against my experience driven bias towards non standard and nameless start-ups.

I took the connection on 27th Oct and installation was done on 28th Oct. I was asked to pay the full amount for the 3 months connection amount in advance.

Since installation I haven't been able to enjoy even one day of internet connection. Despite multiple follow ups with the customer care and the sales guy who sold this connection to me, there is no resolution still. Extremely disappointed.

This is a fraudulent company and please do not be misguided like I was. I don't expect a resolution to my compliant given the unprofessional services from this company. But I am inclined to write this compliant so that unassuming subscribers like me will not be cheated and disappointed.

Account number - 1151440452.

Oct 5, 2017

haven't received my refund amount

Prasanth Kalaivannan

Oct 4, 2017

haven't received my refund amount

One of the worst service provider and customer care service. It has been more than a month since i have been informed that connection is not feasible in my locality, Still i haven't received any refund amount from Hathway. Everytime when i contact the customer care all i hear is some silly templated answers, I have been informed every time that concerned team would call me back, It has been more than month and still im waiting for an call back from the concerned authority. Never expected such an worse customer service from Hathway. I would strongly recommend not to prefer this broadband if you are looking for a responsive customer service.

Bill number : 22824
Contact mail address : [email protected]

ganeshtiger

Jun 20, 2017

Cheated with fake offers

March 17th i requested for new Hathway broadband connection, on the time of payment i wished to opt monthly payment, but the sales person asked me to pay for 3 months so i will get a month free, ie if i pay for 3 months i will get service for 4 months.. so i agreed to pay for 3 months and paid by cheque, 18th i got the connection installed, even on that time i confirmed about the offer with that person, he called and asked someone he says area manager and confirmed that 3+1 offer is there for me, but on the Hathway dashboard it was not shown, i asked them again and he said it is offer and it will be updated later and convinced me. Now after 3 months i was getting calls and messsages asking me to pay bill before june 17th, i lodged a complaint with Hathway customer care on 12th june and explained the issue to a executive named vasuki, she promised me to resolve the issue within 72 working hours, but seems not cared about my complaint. 5 days later on 18th they deactivated my broadband connection, i am calling them often and asking about this but they are not cared about my queries, on 19th i called twice and on second call an executive named prabakaran attended the call and saying that 3 months back there was no such offers, and asking me to pay for another 3 months and i will get the offer this time, irony is i spoke with the same guy regarding this on 18th june, i am asking them for more than a week now they are asking me to pay for another 3 months to get the offer.. i think Hathway customer care people see their customers as clowns and fools. they promised me the offer and now they are cheating me.. bitter experience with Hathway. I suggest people not to get engage with any of the Hathway services..
My registered mobile no is 9094946820
My complaint no is 1135279705

Jun 13, 2017

Moneyminded fools

Gtsx

Jun 7, 2017

Moneyminded fools

It has been 10 days(29/5) since I registered for a new connection and still they haven't come to do the during work. I have been calling for the past 8 days and all they give are false promises that someone will come the next day to do the cabling work. When asked for a reason for the delay, they come with a classical line - "we might be facing technical difficulties."

It just seems that that they don't care about customers anymore. If they don't showup by tomorrow, I might have to file a complaint in consumer court.

ECPP ASSISTANCE - Cancellation of CPP plan & Return my money
    Dear Customer, We wish to inform you that refund of INR...
    IndiaBulls - Avishek21mndl
    Dear Avishek, Please be assured that our team is...
    INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS - Not releasing much overdue payment By Mr. Manish Kumar...
    Sub : Complaint against Mr. Manish Kumar –Chief Project...
    Tata Projects Limited - Not releasing much overdue payment By Mr. Manish Kumar...
    Sub : Complaint against Mr. Manish Kumar –Chief Project...
    SUPERTECH - Booking In Supertech Offiers Enclave
    I had booked a floor three years back in Officers Enclave...
    Vadodara Gas Ltd - Excess bill : Consumer No 3223671
    We are out of vadodara since 18 March 2020, but I have got...
    Supertech Limited- Officers Enclave - Booking In Supertech Offiers Enclave
    We booked a floor in L- Block of Supertech three years...
    Hitachi AC - Faulty item
    Dear Raja, We are really sorry for the experience you...
    Rummy circle - Account closed for security reason
    I cant play any cash game in rummy circle beacause My...