HDFC Bank

Consumer complaints and reviews about HDFC Bank

Aug 10, 2011

Crisis time: Card Swallowed at ATM: Techinal Error:

My HDFC ATM Card was swallowed on the midnight of 8 June 2010 by and ICICI ATM, just before i was flying abroad and i was stranded without money. I have registered complaints with the HDFC bank and the top management and till date even thought they have acknowledged that there was a technical error, they have failed to reimburse the same. I have written to all the top people concerned and i get only hope less sorry's.

IS THERE ANY FORUM WHERE I CAN BRING THEM TO ACCOUNTABLITY AND RESOLUTION

Jun 26, 2011

Account put on hold

Hi..
I am having account with hdfc, ahmedabad,bodakdev branch for almost ten years now. Currently they have put my account on hold, from which date I dont know, as I come to know this while I tried to use my card in ahmedabad on 9th jun 11, thursday, right after that I called the customer care why in spite of having sufficient balance I am not able to use my atm. The person asked me to talk to loan dept for that.. it was a long conversation and the person told me that my acc is put on hold as I took personal loan in 2007 and two of its installment are pending. For my surprise I was never informed by bank in this regards, nor thru calls or mail or a letter. I took personal loan in delhi(aft marriage I shifted) but payment was thru an ecs facility, in which they were supposed to debit amount direct from my account, and in any case if its bounced for any reason, bank is bound to inform me. Without any information they put my acc on hold. Pls find detailed story of my followup with bank since 9th jun to till date as below.

9th jun- found my atm not working. Got D reason loan amt due since 2007
I say- DID bank was sleeping all these years, y I was not informed. Y I M getting letter aft acc put on hold. Y no one senior talking to me and discussing the matter.
10th jun- rcvd a letter from bank (dept on 4th jun) this is to inform you that due to irregular repayment of your loan insallens and oher chargs yhour capioned loan accountt is called to forclsoe for r 10557 as on letter dare. Despige repeaed reminders byh way of phone calls visits an recall letters yuou ajve not taken any action to regularise the loan acc. Under therse curcustances bnank has been forced to mark hold funds in the above acc in the exercise of the banker's lien and right to set off to the extent of total oustand in the loan acc. Pls remit the toal outstanding withing 7 dyas of notice.
For clarificaion call raj kumar 9310621692.
Hdfc bank]
9th floor, ansal classique tower
j nlock
rajouri garden
delhi-110027
(most part of the letter is mentioned above)
me- letter rcvd aft the acc was bared. 7 days limit mentioned but not followed by bank. There was not a single call or a reminder mail or a letter rcvd by bank. If they were sending collection person at our delhi address, they must would have been told that we do not stay there any more. Why no mailing done on my ahd address or on my email ID.
Why suddenly bank has waken up after four year.
We left delhi in aug 2007. My hus was in calcutta for job and me in ahmedabad for my delivery. Loan payment was thru ecs so does not make diff where we are. I left my job and shifted so my husband used to credit amt in my acc for loan payment. Due that we could not meet exact date of debit but all the dues where paid with lpc charges of bank. And if one or two were missed bank should have informed us.
15th jun- aft my call on 9th there was no revert from bank. After returning to mumbai I visited dindoshi branch, mr mathew greeted me there. As per mentioned in ltr he put me to mr raj on phone.
Raj- my nov and jan amount was bounced due to lake of balance. Waterver the balance was in account was taken but that does not make full amt.

Total out standing comes-4610
bounce charge-450=450=900

I was ready to apy 5510. But bank gave me diff calculation

late payment pentaly-2829
chq bounce 3150
pending installment-4610

total- 10589

I had detailed discussion with mr raj kumar-9310621692.

He promised me call back but never DID.. neither picked my call for several days. Finally when he picked up asked me to talk to mumbai customer care. I called and had word with mr suraj and he too promised me that will arrange urgent call back but no one turned up. On 24th I called up mr raj again and told him what happen but he is least interest in solving the issue. He said he cant do anything and I will have to clear complete outstanding and disconnected the line.

I am ready to pay 5510 what is actual out standing. Will not pay any rubbish charges included by bank.

This is repeatedly informed by me to bankers but there is no one sincere to communicate and take action.

Jun 2, 2011

ATM swallowed without reason

The worst services are HDFC services. I have a preferred relation ship with them and yet their service sucks.
Their leadership teams commitment towards harrassed customers also sucks. All senior leader and HOD have been contacted for the same and they only pass it to their secretaries for resolution. Only fwrds are done..

WORST SERVICES AND LEADERSHIP
____

My HDFC ATM Card was swallowed on the midnight of 8 June 2010 by and ICICI ATM, just before i was flying abroad and i was stranded without money. I have registred complaints with the HDFC bank and the top management and till date even thought they have acknowledged that there was a technical error, they have failed to reimburse the same. I have written to all the top people concerned and i get only hope less sorry's.

HDFC service and commitment to customers and their senior leadership sucks.

May 10, 2011

ATM swallowed without reason

HDFC service and commitment to customers and their senior leadership sucks.

Mar 28, 2011

Stolen money

I would like to inform you that Rs 3194/- has been stolen from my account
(04351140020061) by HDFC bank.

When I went to know the reason in sector 35B branch they told me that this is
due to your EMI bouncing (December 2009) but this was not the account from where
HDFC is deducting my EMI. I met Ms Neha she was not able to resolve the issue
and refer me to customer care they are not able to resolve my query also refer
me to my home branch (Dehradun, UK)

I went to dehradun on friday I met Chikky Rai in Dilaram 2 wheeler loan dept is
informed him about the issue he referred me to Ashutosh (Personal loan dept)
(Shahranpur branch). He told me that "HDFC have full right to deduct money from
any of your account" which is incorrect. Then he referred me to Vishwas Gurung
(Manager operations) Dehradun. I informed him about the issue once again then he
referred me to Vijay Joshi (Collection Manager) I informed him about my issue
again he told me to meet him in office on Saturday I went to his office in
dilaram bazar 2 wheeler loan dept he was not there and when I called him from my
roaming number he told me that today is an off which he was not aware of.

Now I am still waiting for the resolution
1). Why my amount is deducted from my HDFC account when I have given PNB account
number for auto debit for my EMI.
2). Why people are not taking initiative to resolve the issue.
3). Why HDFC people are misrouting people.
4). I spent 1500/- rupees in travelling and 1 day of my office just to resolve
the issue who will going to pay this amount back to me.
5). Why this entry is not showing in any of the mini statements taken by me.

Mar 24, 2011

Net banking deduction from debit card

Dear Sir ,

I have an salary account (A/C - ############) with Hdfc bank from last 3 years. Today without any information somebody has used my account and Rs 5250/- amount has deducted from account .

Please need help to resolve this issue .

Thanks &regards
Durgesh Choubey

Mar 23, 2011

HDFC Bank

Related with Credit card

Mar 1, 2011

online prepaid recharge through netbanking

hi from last 2 days i am trying to recharge my airtel(chennai) prepaid mobile no. but i am not able to see the option of AIRTEL opertaaorin the drop down option box. but when i am checking the list of operators AIRTEl is teher but while filling the box for "select operators:" I am not able to view airtel in the drop down. please let me know for this inconvenience

Feb 8, 2011

Credit Card Harrassment

This is with regards to my complaint 4 days before on this forum, about me receiving calls from an Advocate from Delhi stating that an arrest warrant is being issued against me if i do not deposit the money in 2 or 3 hours. I received an email id and a Reference ID TTU00267403022011 from the customer assistance.

I tried sending mails several times on the given ID but every time the mail bounces and I am still receiving the calls from no. 9582205513. There is still no revert from any Customer Assistance which is very upsetting.

Request you to intervene into the matter urgently and assure me that I am not being put in any sort of legal or illegal trouble as well as these calls are stopped.

Awaiting your early revert.

Feb 4, 2011

Credit Card Harrassment

This is with regards to my complaint a day before on this forum, about me receiving calls from an Advocate from Delhi stating that an arrest warrant is being issued against me if i do not deposit the money in 2 or 3 hours. I received an email id and a Reference ID TTU00267403022011 from the customer assistance.

Request you to intervene into the matter and assure me that I am not being put in any sort of legal or illegal trouble as well as these calls are stopped.

Awaiting your early revert.

Feb 2, 2011

Credit Card Harrassment

I have been receiving calls since morning from 27th January, 2011 from Mobile No. 8750554283. This persons claims to be some inspector Virender from Delhi Police and says he's going to release arrest warrant which have been issued through a court judgement for my arrest due to non payment of credit card dues. I have been given other number of some advocate R S Verma 09582205513, who says if I deposit the alleged outstanding amount within 2 hrs he'll stop the issue of warrant. They are constantly calling me after every half an hour that what is the status of payment whether u've made payment or ur making payment or not. They have been also sending an SMS that the case is being sent to Gujarat Police and you will be arrested and have to pay a bail of Rs. 2 Lacs and such things.

HDFC bank is using such dirty methods to extort money which they wrongfully claim to be dues payable by us despite the fact that supreme court has issued a judgement in a case against ICICI bank that they can not and must not use any such tactics to collect outstanding dues whether genuine or not. I have lost my job some time back and my mother had been serious as she has suffered a paralytic attack. I am under very much pressure and unable to handle the stress.

As a forum for consumers, I request you to kindly take up this matter seriously and act against this for using such tactics for collecting money.

Await your early response.

Jan 12, 2011

Wave of AQD Charges of Amount Rs 827.25/- on11/01/11

The Manager ( HDFC Bank Ltd )
Mumbai
( Maharashtra )

Subject : Wave of AQD Charges of Amount Rs 827.25/- on11/01/11
HDFC Account No :01451050153519
Name: Manoj Yadav
Ph-9916873208

With reference to above subject it has been observe that amount of 827.25/-Rs have been debited on account of AQD charges. This Account has been opened as salary A/c by the company in HDFC Bank.

In this meanwhile, Request to wave of AQD charges of Rs827.25/-Credit the same in my said A/C

Thanking You,

Manoj Yadav

Nov 15, 2010

Foreclosure Charges on Personal Loan

I took Rs. 4.5 Lacs as personal loan from HDFC Bank Limited. This loan was disbursed to me around 7 months back. I want to foreclose this loan by paying the whole outstanding amount. Bank told me today that I have to pay 4% penalty on the outstanding amount in order to foreclose the loan.

I think it is illegal for the bank to charge the penalty charges. Please help.
User220382

Nov 10, 2010

NetSafe Card

I am being told by the Customer Service Official Mr. Afzal that myself and my husband would not be able to subscribe to Netsafe Card because we are new customers (we have already been HDFC customer since 3 months). He also says that "We would like to inform you that currently we are upgrading our systems and hence the Netsafe payment option is temporarily unavailable. "

Inspite to having the MasterCard We are unable to use and when ever we write to them we get some bull shit answers from them.
User192950

Oct 16, 2010

Harrasment

I am holder of HDFC Credit card. In 2009 I was asked to pay Rs. 4000/- by a representative on bank on which I showed my resentment but the representative told me to pay the amount and if the due amount is less they will adjust. I told them that I wanted to make final payment. Since then the representative especially Ladies started calling and saying Oh sir your purchase amount is Rs 2200. So you just pay 2200 and then your balance will be zero. But yet my account was not settled then I got a call to pay 1650 on promise my account will be settled, then I was asked to pay Rs. 650 on promise they will now just charge me for purchase amount. And now from 4000/ Rs my dues have come to 13000/- and now the bank says they will not give me any wavier and they are not bound by what their representatives committed. Any also threatened to black list me. I asked them since my dues were 4000/- why didn’t you settle my account when I asked them to settel on which they said we don’t want to reply on this.
Kindly guide

ANAND JALANDHAR

Oct 13, 2010

Transaction failed but the amount deducted

On date i withdrawn Rs 3000 from HDFC ATM. Before withdrawing it from HDFC ATM i tried withdrwaing from SBI ATM. There i entered all the credentials and the same amount but finally got the message stating that "Unable to process ur transaction". Though the transaction was unsuccessful at SBI ATM but the same amount has been debited from my account. So Rs 3000 has been debited twice (one against HDFC ATM and other against SBI ATM) from account and the same i can see in my account statement. Please let me know why it happened and what to do for getting Rs 3000 back.

Transaction Detail:

Amount Withdrawn : 3000/-
Transaction Status : Unsuccessful

Sep 27, 2010

Missing shres from my HDFC Demat A/c

A VERY MUCH DECEIVED CUSTOMER....

I have a de-mat account number 22799181 with HDFC.

HISTORY: I had purchased 30 shares of RIL in Nov 2007, and sold 24 shares between Nov 2007 and Jan 2008. Thus, I retained a total of 6 RIL shares as on 4/1/08. Also, I had 195 shares of RPL. After amalgamation with RIL, I was issued 12 shares of RIL on 2/10/09. Thus, I had a total of 18 RIL shares as on 2/10/09. Hence, I should have been allotted 18 bonus shares as per the 1:1 bonus issue. But, instead of 18, I was allotted only 12 bonus shares, which were credited to my account on 5/12/09.

Hence, there is a deficit of 18-12 + 6(bonus) = 12 shares.

As per the conversation wih people from multiple departments: Demat/ Securities/ Trading Department, I have been thoroughly disappointed by the sorry service given by them.

To worsen the situation, I would like to bring my concerns regarding the ill-treatment given to me. To me (any customer), HDFC is one entity. I, for one, am unable to understand this discrimination/ diversification among the various units like trading/ demat/ securities. It is quite painful to inform you that I am being made to feel like a complete fool. All that is happening is that I am being toggled among these three entities... Demat says it's Trading Dept's domain, etc.....

I have to say that this is very problematic situation, especially to keep on explaining the same problem to multiple people again and again, and of course these people will never call u back, even after multiple assurance of checking n getting back. No matter how may mails you drop or how many people you call, they are absolutely unhelpful and unresponsive.

Jul 22, 2010

Amount deducted

I have Savings account in HDFC BANK Account no is 04251140004146 & 04251370201016. They have changed their AQB maintaining from 01.04.2010 it was 2500 & changed to 10000 & are sending only in the statement, which is of two lines, as we have no time it was not read they have deducted Rs. 847.53 from account towards not maintaining of AQB. This is such a big amount & I have Lost money thrice before also. It was not told to us at the time of account opening no bank charges such a hefty amount.

Jul 19, 2010

Third party transaction charges

HDFC Bank Complaints - Charged money without any information

The HDFC bank deduct Rs 110.30 from my account when i transferred Rs 1000 from other bank to my account. FYI, both my accounts is in same state in Delhi. I just want to know on what basis you are deducting this when RBI site is mentioning that using NEFT only Rs 6 will be charged.I am attaching my bank details:

Account No. Branch Name
04801050028386 SARITA VIHAR,NEW DEL MANOJ KUMAR GUPTA

The details of transaction is :

14 Jul 2010 3RD PARTY CASH TXN INC ST & EC 060710 ############ 14 Jul 2010 110.30

Please look into this matter and kindly do the needful.

Jul 17, 2010

LOUSY BANKING – HDFC BANK

Recently HDFC bank revised their Average Quarterly Balance to Rs. 10000/- which I came to know only when they deducted the money towards not maintaining the stated Average Quarterly Balance. When I called customer care they said, it has been conveyed to customer through emails and postal bank statements.

First of all, when you try to open HDFC bank statement it always opens with “junk characters” like this “W —b UN √WO «d OK « WIOI ËWO UL «Â√ WO UO Â√W dJ”. This has been so from the beginning since I opened my account with lousy HDFC Bank nearly 6 years ago. As I mainly depend on ATM statements, I didn’t bother till date about unreadable email bank statements. The bank expects me decipher what these “junk characters” are saying about revised Average Quarterly Balance.

Secondly, as I had changed my residence, I had sent them a letter duly signed by me, to update my address nearly 8 months ago. In spite of this, the lousy bank dint update my address, thereby I never notified of change in Average Quarterly Balance.

Note – ICICI bank has a simple procedure, wherein customer themselves can update the address logging into their Internet Banking site, as they shift their residence. This system has many checks and balances to avoid any misuse of the facility. The low IQ HDFC management can hardly conceptualize such innovative steps. Why cannot HDFC bank disband Net Banking when they cannot incorporate customer friendly steps in net banking, when they still want each customer to walk into their branch in an old fashioned way for all such requests.

I stated all the above to their customer care agent, when I got the reply, not to disturb them with Average Quarterly Balance related issues, instead visit the branch for any solution related to AQB.

Note - ICICI bank also had revised their AQB, and I had similar issue with them, but on contacting ICICI customer care, they agreed to reverse the amount (pleasantly so!) this facility is extended to all ICICI bank customers one time during the lifetime of the account. Naturally, after first instance it is the prerogative of the customer to maintain the stated AQB. Why does HDFC bank have customer care agents, when they cannot solve any genuine issues customer raises. Just a hogwash to show they are at par with other banks!

May 25, 2010

Recovery Agent

Dear Sir/ Madam

These day we are badly harassed by the one recovery agent named Ms. Manisha. She used to call me, my college head (principal) and my all the neighbour.On daily basis we got a call from that lady through Ph. No- +911143786133 and listen the abusive word.
Earlier she want the ph no of my son, saying that he has taken a loan and not paying EMI. I have given the no of my son and tell her to call him. My son has given the assurance to pay all the dues as his financial position comes on track but she is not satisfied to him saying pay all amount today at any cost.
Now she started to disturb us and useing illicit and abusive word. We feel this is very unlawful thing since we are not responsible of any deed of my son at delhi. We are living in very remote area of bihar and not knowing anything.
So we request to you kindly do something to stop it.

Regds.

May 21, 2010

Cheque Bounce

I hold a Car Loan account (A/c No-1797788) with HDFC Bank. The Bank has fined Rs 480 for cheque bounced due to insufficient fund in my clearing bank(Axis Bank) for EMI payble for the month of May. The EMI amount is Rs 4439. Cheque No- 61153 (Axis Bank). Clearing date: 7th May 2010.

Screenshot of my account statement is attached here.

But my clearing bank account has sufficient balance for the cheque clearance but still the cheque has been bounced due to reasons not known to me.

Please take necessary action at your end and help me get the fined refunded and the cheque/EMI getting cleared.

Suddhastwa Ghosh
Mobile no- 9972588115

Indian Speed Post - NOT DELIVER MY PACKAGE
    Sir my package no- EE993237457IN is speed post to DELHI on...
    Reliable finance Pvt ltd - Dont post false comments
    If you are true then why did not you write your phone...
    OMSI - No refund
    Order paid for on OMSI website / Paytm Gateway cancelled...
    https://www.uppclonline.com - unnecessary bill generate
    sir, last year i was complaint through junsunwai...
    Videocon D2H - about service of videocon d2h
    my customer id is 234736975. On day of installation...
    RELIABLE FINANCE PVT.LTD - writing false comments
    Whatever you are, if you are true then why did not you...
    Madhya Pradesh Poorv Kshetra Vidyut Vitaran Company Ltd - Wrong bill excess amount
    I have made a complaint of excess bill 2 month ago but it...
    Self account - CDM Deposit failed
    Iam deposit 500×5=2500 11-07-2019 01:25PM but transaction...
    [email protected] - Refund
    Sir mene 399 ka recharge Kiya tha Jo field ho gya or pese...
    raghu kolar - Fraud SMS
    Fraud msg I have received a msg from ID-DOPBNK in my...