HDFC Bank

Consumer complaints and reviews about HDFC Bank

rohithc12

Jun 23, 2016

spam calls

Getting spam calls Saying free credit card available. They where asking personal details , company which works on etc,
I am daily getting calls from different numbers. I am pretty sure that it is not authenticated by HDFC Bank itself.
I have said many times not to Call this number again. But still in daily basis i am getting calls
some are numbers given below.
harssha

Jun 19, 2016

FOREX AND CREDIT CARD ISSUES

Since I being preferred customer of HDFC bank, I went one of their branches and bought a prepaid forex card for my US trip somewhere on 14th or 15th with some dollars as deposit.
I was told that, anybody can top up using their net banking id.
The following morning, I tried topping up with 500 for dollars, it asked for me the dates, which I promptly input following days date, which was my journey. The net banking software refused saying that, you need at least 3 days to top-up, again I went the Malleswaram branch, Bangalore and complained, they took a application and did the job saying, everything be fine, once you reach US. After of reaching US, I tried to top up again with different dates, the software said that the facility has been blocked and I need to go to third party transfer and change my question and answer, however, nothing worked, and My Credit card and debit seems to work often, some establishment accepted and some machines rejected it. I had to borrow money from friends and cousin, despite having enough balance in my SB account.
The story never ends here - I tried calling HDFC Bangalore branch (Kasturba road branch) number given in their web site. I used to get up till late night and call, the phone machines ask 100's of question, before putting me the forex department, after 6 minutes of waiting in the Q, the call disconnected, second time call with different number , told them it was a distress call from New York and Need help in fixing my top up problem, they bluntly said, it was different department and cut the call.
I was luck 3rd time, went to forex department and the lady in broken English told that, the call had come to main forex and I should call Bangalore forex.
Before that I had sent a couple of emails with screen shot as proof to credit card customer support, they told me that, since it belongs to forex, they transfer it forex department.
EVENTUALLY NOTHING WORKED, i was forced to use my Credit card wherever accepted or borrow dollars.
I lost my face in front of relatives and friends for making use of your forex card.
The head of HDFC CARD DIVSION ( CC AND FOREX CARD), SHOULD DESERVE A SLAP ON HIS FACE AS HEAD, WITH DUE RESPECTS INDIVIDUALLY.
IT REALLY SHOCKING EXPERIENCE SUCH KIND OF LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE.
MY miseries didn't end there, as a prompt payer credit card dues, I tried to clear my dues on the net banking id, the software picks the IP and realizes that I was outside and ask for OTP for each and every action on the net banking. Its a good thing that they have a security in place, I sent mail to my customer care requesting them send OTP passwords to my registered email , they promptly rejected . You expect people carry the same phone number abroad also?
Again, I had requested friend to make payment on my behalf, despite having balance in the account. Very embarrassing.
situation!!
My cell number is 9480247492, from this HDFC can find out other details like customer id and forex number, lets see how this works.
Harsha

Jun 9, 2016

Disputes of account balance

My account balance should be INR 10,574.70 but it showing only INR 20.00 . I called so many time of your customer care centre they told me that you didn't pay your minimum due of credit card bill card no. ############ 2217. because of that your fund is on hold, as soon as you pay your minimum due of credit card bill the fund will be release with in 24 hours. I paid my credit card bill minimum due on 6th June but till now the fund is not released. I called Customer care but I didn't got any solution or call back. So kindly look on the issue & do the needful.

Sougata Maity
+91 8867323857
AnthonyJoseph

Jun 2, 2016

Wrong bill

I covered 4147rs in emi on March and cancelled the same by paying the amt on before my bill date and it is cleared and their no dues apart 2emis but on the bill I got the 4147 RS again . Why u people are cheating me I will go for court and make it a big issue.
Note check my last 4months bills ..
Sanjeev.Subhedar

Jun 1, 2016

Credit Card

Monthly dues were paid using ICICI Bank "Pay Nay Visa Card" services. Due to Payment gateway problems the transaction did not get accepted at HDFC and money got credited back to my ICICI account after few days. This resulted in late payment and finance charges.
also HDFC temporarily blocked the card. It was activated automatically subsequently.
HDFC need to waive all the finance charges and late payment fee.
Sanjeev Subhedar
Cell: +91 9008423666
e-mail: [email protected]
Bidhu123

May 29, 2016

Money deducted without notice

Can you please explain the term "77000002 TERM DEBIT CARD ADJ 25-05-16"??

Why the money (Rs. 11.45) got deducted from my account??

Bidhu
Dadajhan.I

May 25, 2016

Status Changed to Disapproved

Dear Sir/Madam;

My name is Dadajhan.I

My application No : 16051818482280S2

I have applied for credit card but its is showing status - DISAPPROVED

Remarks
A FORMAT OF THE COPY OF LETTER SENT TO YOU HAS BEEN ATTACHED FOR YOUR REFERENCE. PLEASE FULFILL THE REQUIREMENT AND RESPOND TO US FOR PROCESSING THE APPLICATION FURTHER. THANK YOU

Which is the Letter and Where you have Sent it to Me to my Mail Id or to My Address or Anywhere Else I Want to know
i Don't know What Type of a Service it is , Every Person Used to Call Me & Verify my Details Daily Once I Applied For a Card, From past 17th I Was Frustrated And i Was Angry with a Executive i just Asked him What Verification Is Going on till How many days only verification goes On , They Dis Approved My Status And Messaged me Application Number What the hell Is This Bullshit Service

Status Changed to Disapproved

akembedded

May 21, 2016

CREDIT CARD

CREDIT CART DISAPPROVED
My name is Sankar R

I have applied for credit card but its is showing status : Disapproved

Remarks:
DISAPPROVAL OF THE CREDIT CARD APPLICATION DOES NOT REFLECT IN ANYWAY ON YOUR CREDIT CART STANDING OR YOUR FINANCIAL STABILITY.

Application reference no : 16051621230780S2

Please suggest me what is next process.And where exactly my application got disapproved.

I'm glad to hear from you why my application disapproved.

Thank,
AVINASH KUMAR
Email id : [email protected]
Ph no: 7847907106
eena gaba

Apr 30, 2016

misbehaviour & irresponsibilities of agents

This is with reference to the misbehaviour & irresponsibilities of hdfc agents. I am a credit card holder along with a salary account. After the usage of my cr. card, I was paying
Constantly on time. But, due to some issue, once I was not able to pay. Then one of agents started calling me continuously.. I requested her to wait and raise a request to pay later. Then she started calling on my official number and started abusing me. It happened for good three days. Then she sent an agent to collect the payment of two months. Firstly, I denied. Then, I paid as there was no alternate. I requested both of them to provide a receipt. But, she said that I don't need to worry about that as she has entered this amount for my due.. Again, I believed as hdfc is a brand. On next month, the same happened again but this time my manager talked with her. She started crying with my manager and one of my senior also. They sent a mail to hdfc senior team also. I also sent that I am not going to pay a single penny as even after paying a high interest, why should I listen? But, there was no reply or apology by hdfc team and I dint have a proof of paid amount. Now this time they have blocked my salary account that is a proper harassment and I will definitely not pay now. I don't have any other source of income. It is such a worst experience with experience and I am a employee of concentrix, which has several accounts and tie ups with hdfc. I don't know why you people such things to make people harassed? Is there anyone who can suggest me what should I do now ?

Please suggest.
irohitdubey

Apr 5, 2016

DEDUCTION OF UNNECCESSARY AMOUNT

Every month my account is deducted by 05 Apr 2016 AMB CHRG INCL ST & CESS FOR MAR2016 05 Apr 2016 515.25 SS and dont know what is this charges are... and i really fustrated about this bank charges and HDFC bank and need to take a action again the same.

my Savings Account No.: 01921000205483 , GWALIOR , M.P
mghani

Mar 14, 2016

Misbehaviour of the agents and refused to provide details

My name is Mohammed Ghani. I had a Two wheeler loan (28914906) from HDFC Bank in the year 2014. My loan was for tenure of 24 months. Out of this, I have cleared nearly 18 EMIs without an default. But my last 6 installments are unpaid as I became completely bankrupt in recent days. I lost my father, my father in law and my grandfather within these days. I had been having very tough days all through. But now I have already got a good job and I am going to start paying the dues. But Mr. Raj and team from HDFC Collection Department is frequently calling up my mother, my wife, and all my relatives and abusing for repayment purpose. Though I had been requesting him for few days as I start making payments, he does not want to listen to anything. He has started doing mental torture to my family members. My point is when I am in touch and ready for payment, why these collection people do such harassments by calling up family members and offices and abuse? I am not a criminal. It is just that suddenly my financial conditions have gone extremely down. Does this mean that these people will start abusing in rough language? When I am ready for payment now, why do they force customers by doing mental torture? Is this the way they need to fulfill their targets? What are their reporting authorities doing then? It seems that there is no value of my clearing all previous 18 month EMIs at 24% IR without any failure.
A normal person can have sudden financial problems. Anybody in this whole world can face it. But does that mean these people from recovery agencies will act in these ways? Is there no value of human honesty ? If no one takes action, where will a normal person go?

I have promised them that this month onwards I will start making payments, and that is for sure. Still, why do they call up and abuse the family members when the customer is available? I have never tried to default willfully, neither have I ever tried to escape from the scenario. Then why can't I expect help from the banks?

Mr. Raju and team, a recovery person from an agency appointed by HDFC Bank has really made the life of my whole family a hell. His contact no. is +919972426709 and other agents contact numbers are+917847831999/+919742718525 These people are probably given targets for completion, for which they go till the extreme level. I agree that they’re doing their job, but is this the way to do recoveries, mainly from people who are already in a dreadful financial situation (e.g. myself)? He has been threatening me and my wife every now and then. When I complained in HDFC, he again called up my wife and asked why did I complaint? What sort of behavior is this ? Is there no treatment for such things?
At my part, I have got a new job with a better package. Thus I am sure that I will finish this delinquency within no time. But if these sort of elements starts disturbing in such a way, how can we have a mental peace? I am sorry to ask a question, that who has given them the right to call up the family members and abuse when I am already available? Will some action be taken against this? Can we have a better peaceful situation so that I can easily clear my outstanding?
I have willfully shared my contact number with them, which is 9538594763. I have complete faith on the bank that it will take appropriate decision and action, if required, to handle this situation. Request someone to get in touch with me. Please consider this as very urgent.
Dinesh Soudagar

Mar 12, 2016

CREDIT CARD NOT RECEIVED

Dear HDFC BANK ,

Greetings for the day,

I am DINESH SOUDAGAR ,
I had applied for a credit card online .While filling the application there was a option of filling my
home address , while entering the address i was unable to wring my house number , infact it was not
accepting any numbers or special characters in the block , so i was unable to enter my complete
address .

After few days even though my address was incomplete mine application was accepted , and i got information
saying that my credit card will delivered to me within few days.

After few i got a msg saying my card has been returned please call customer care .

When i called they told to me to update my address in netbanking with an address proof .
Since the house i am staying is rented so i dont have address proof for this address
( Marenhalli vijaynagar ).
So i requested customer care to dispatch my card to my company address ( TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR MOTOR )
which was already updated in my net banking. Customer Care didn't agree for that .

Again after few days back i got a call from customer care saying that they will dispatch my card to
my company address ( TOYOTA KIRLOSKAR MOTOR ).

BUt again i got a message that my card has been returned please call cuatomer care .and again when i
called , the same story is repeating that i need to update my address in my net banking and all .

WHAT IS THIS , This is how you take care of your customers ?????

The problem started because of your online application form was not proper in the first place .
upon that you asking me to do things . I dont have time to correct your mistakes .

My company address is clearly mentioned in the net banking , send it to that or else
request you to cancle my credit card .and anyhow i dont want your waste services.

If you cant resolve this issue than please inform me , I would like to close this account.

YOUR UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER .
Mobile : 9901135633
KHAIZ PASHA

Feb 29, 2016

REQUESTING

NOC not received

I am Khaiz Pasha . I have cleared the outstanding amount of the HDFC credit card.

However, I have still not received the NOC.

Please look into the same & kindly treat this as priority.

My details are as below:
HDFC Credit card no. ################
Email id : [email protected]
Mobile no: 9148893662
harsha_ss

Feb 1, 2016

Irresponsibleness of Branch Employees

I am Harsha from Bangalore opened a salary account with HDFC bank[Martahalli, Bangalore, Karnataka] with customer ID 6505809* on Jan 11 2016.
My account is not yet activated till date ie, Feb 1 2016 its 22 Days and 16 Working Days.
1. I tried complaining in branch after 7 working days I submitted the details, It was no use walking 5-6 days inquiring about my account's activation status to Martahalli Branch, Bangalore, Karnataka.
2. I called Customer care and lodged 2 complaints with severity status as High
3. I Lodged a complaint in their portal. Hats-off to HDFC COMPLAINT PORTAL WHICH FAILED TO GIVE AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NUMBER OR A ACKNOWLEDGE MAIL TO MY COMPLAINT.

I appreciate the Branch employees who listen my story and fail to reply or guide me with proper information or proper way to resolve the issue.
I appreciate the employees who told that salary account department is not related to branch where you opened the account so your complaint cannot be taken here. /where should I go complain/
I appreciate HDFC for the Operation time you take for every transaction.
krishnakumar muniraj

Jan 21, 2016

personal declined

internal credit norms of the Bank

I want what is a reason I will apply two times of personal loan, but two always that type of declined. So please help me & explain me and also credit card. Applications also that type rejection

Please help me how will apply that type of members personal loan
Tasmeeya

Jan 16, 2016

negative charges

I had an hdfc bank salary account. Now they have converted into savings account which I am not aware of. And when I see the balance is negative 6000 this is ridiculous without notifying the customer in written or anything how could they do this. I hardly earn 12-15 k per month I don't wanna pay buy want to close this account.
Jim Varghese

Dec 22, 2015

delay in processing credit card

have applied for credit card before and its being more than 21 days.everytime i call the customer care people they say my application is in processing..and make me waited for minutes in call..so sad the HDFC credit card process is unsatisfactory..poor response from bank
Please resolve the issue
my application reference number is

15112812047240S2
princerajr

Dec 1, 2015

Personnel Loan Pre-closure

HI ,

I have given the instruction to pre-close the personnel loan on 26/10/2015 with the required cheque and the executive informed that the same will be closed within a week, After one week I contacted the customer care and they told me to wait for one more week .

Final after having multiple emails /conversions with customer care after a month they confirmed that there is a problem with the cheque amount/figure written, and they need to pay amount as per todays. Bank had never given a call back for the same even after 1month. I have been forced to pay the new amount .

While taking the same loan also the executive had cheated by saying that the loan will be given for 5 years and then approved for 4 years only. I am stopping all my existing relationship with the HDFC bank hereafter.

Name : Prince Raj
Loan No : 24695021
Guruprasad Gowda Nagathihalli

Nov 30, 2015

Credit card

Hi Sir.
My self Guruprasad N S

I have applied For Hdfc Credit card I received the Refrense I'd 15112319587630S2. And the verification also done by them is office and home and I got confirmation call also from hadfc but now the application status is showing 'DISAPPROVED'
The reason

DISAPPROVAL OF THE CREDIT CARD APPLICATION DOES NOT REFLECT IN ANYWAY ON YOUR CREDIT STANDING OR YOUR FINANCIAL STABILITY

I don't have any loans and any credit card Why they are saying like this don't have any reasons
And my teke home salry is 17600 but my friend getting low than me but he got credit card please suggest the next procedure.

Contact number:9845556987
E mail id:[email protected]
lsatheeshreddy1992

Nov 16, 2015

UnNecessarly Deducting money

HI.. Unnecessarily an amount of 28.50 has been deducted from my account saying reason NWD DECCHG 07-11-15 CARDEND 8448 081115. I dont know what is that card number also. How they have deduted 28.50 rs. I never used current account to withdraw money. Kindly take action.

UnNecessarly Deducting money

sangamesh123

Oct 28, 2015

NWD

in my account 11th October -2015 and NWD, 6th October EAW 1000 rupees ,29th September NWD 1000 Rupees, 16th

September NWD 1000 Rupees 19th September NWD 1000 Rupees detected automatically please refund my amount.

Mobil no: 9743515575
Pawan Jadiya

Oct 22, 2015

Depository Charged Deduction

Hello Sir,

I had an issue with HDFC bank Depository Charges, Initially when we did not have Demat account they force us and create one without intimating us that they are going to charge annual fees. Now all of a sudden they have charged 855.00/-.. This is very bad. And I have never used the Demat till now.. If i call the customer care they will not have answers. And they will not communicate that they are charging.. If they would have communicated that i have not been using and will charged then I would have
closed the account. And after all we are working hard and earning money. Kindly suggest how do we proceed with the same

Pawan Jadiya
Muthuthevar

Oct 20, 2015

Credit card issue

This complaint is in reference to the un-informed transaction appearing in my credit card statements. An un-informed debit of amount of Rs. 40000/- had appeared on my credit card statement for the month of March-2012. When the same was questioned from my end, it was told as dummy transaction and the amount would be refunded. However the amount till date was not reversed and a continued followups from my end did not yield any proper results. I have all the proofs of the followups and I had even envisaged your team to come for negotiation. But no response was experienced. I have been put under pressure to pay the amount which i have not even utilised using the credit card. Need to close this long pending issue at the earliest. Need your quick look on the same and expecting your positive support.
Shilpag

Sep 13, 2015

Depository Charges

Hi ,

A deduction of Rs. 570 has been made on my account.
Customer Id: 34310004.
I could see that this was for Demat account, which was opened forrcefully by the HDFC bank representative saying it was life time free service provided by HDFC.
Kindly revert my money back and cancel the Demat account as I have not been using it.

Shilpa Gite
sanjaysamantra

Aug 6, 2015

dont have access to debitcard and netbanking

I am an employee of Accenture. I opened a salary account with HDFC bank domlur,Bangalore on 16 july with a/c no-50100098309351. that day only i got a kit with debitcard,passbook,netbanking PIN and they told it will take 3-4 days to get activated but till now i dont have access to my debitcard and netbanking. my salary got credited there and i am not able to perform any transaction with that account. i complained them 7-8 times but they are not doing anything.