HDFC Bank

Consumer complaints and reviews about HDFC Bank

May 20, 2010

WORST SERVICE

This is Neeraj Yadav. I hav salaried a/c with HDFC Bank since june 2008. i had purchase some mutual funds one year back through hdfcbank bank. Now i want to reedeem these mutual funds. i had given the redemption application on 4th may 2010 to Mr.Aakash Kapoor, Palam, New Delhi branch. he told me that i will get my money on my account within 4 days. After 4 days he again told me that money will be credited in my account after 4 days. Again and again he commited me and till now i havn not received my money back. i visited band daily but no proper responce form Mr.Aakash. I am facing inconveniance because of there unhelpfull Customer Service Dept. I want you people to take strict action against them bcoz this is not the first time that i faced problem bcoz of there banking behaviour.

I hope you guys will take some proper action and my money will credited in my account.

May 3, 2010

WORST SERVICE

Dear Ms Gupta,

We are extremely sorry about the unfortunate experience you’ve had with our representatives. We would like to investigate your complaint further and check why the card has still not been issued. Request you to write in to us at [email protected] with your account number and contact details. Please also include the complaint id TTU00028302052010 in the subject line of your mail. As soon as we receive this information, a bank representative shall contact you.

Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank

Jan 27, 2013

Complaint against Service

My Name is Atul Kumar Jha, i am working at MConverge Solutions Pvt Ltd Noida.

Today i went to my Brother home at najafgarh when i have returned from there i have withdraw Rs. 3000 to HDFC ATM No-P1TNDE73 Time-21.44 Date-27.01.2013, Record No-2767, at Dharmpura. but there was no any security guard at that time on dharmpura, Tuda Mandi Hdfc Atm
after drawn some thief has bounded me and tear my purse & mobile and my clothes but no major property was lost.
After this session i lodged a complaint for this inconvenience by your ATM to police also.and also have proof of complaint letter.
Request you to Please register my complaint against HDFC Bank.

I hope you will help me and understand my emotions as early as possible.

Thanking You
Ph-01125352448
email id - [email protected], [email protected]

Jan 9, 2013

ATM dicrepancy

I have been harassed by HDFC bank for the last one month. My ordeal began on the night of Dec 10, 2012 when I visited an Axis bank ATM near my home on Gangaram Road, New Delhi.

I inserted my HDFC card into the machine and tried to withdraw Rs. 10,000. However, the machine flashed a message "Not enough cash" and the transaction failed. But surprisingly, the amount was deducted from my account which I realized later when I got a message from the bank.

As I did not got any cash I walked to another nearby HDFC ATM and tried to withdraw Rs. 4,000, but again the same thing happened. The machine flashed the same message without giving me any cash.

Minutes later, another text from the bank informs me that I have successful withdrawn Rs. 4,000.

My mother visited the bank’s branch in Old Rajendra Nagar on Dec 12 and submitted the complaint on my behalf. Firstly, she was never received properly by your discourteous staff and instead of helping her they questioned why I was not there when in fact she had the ATM card its PIN number and all the other details.

My mother had to literally shout to get the attention of the staff. Finally, the branch manager came and asked her to submit a complaint on phone banking. But that was of no help and finally after 12 days we were asked to e-mail the complaint on [email protected] which I did on Dec 24.

I was told that sometimes it takes time for the machine to put out the cash but I stayed at both the ATMs for at least ten minutes after the transactions were declined, but nothing came out.

Further, we were told that the transaction amounting to Rs.10,000 will take some time as it involves an Axis bank ATM but the second transaction of Rs. 4,000 took place at an HDFC bank ATM and it will be “resolved at the earliest.”

When I visited the branch manager again on Dec 26 to enquire about the status of my complaint related to Rs. 4,000, surprisingly the lady told me that the request for Rs. 2,000 had been sent for consideration. Rs 2,000? Who made her the manager of the bank when she can’t even note down a figure properly.

So, in my e-mail to [email protected], written on Dec 24, I demanded the CCTV footage of that night. On Dec 29 I got a call from one of their executives, Saransh and he informed me that as the CCTV footage was not clear they can’t make out if someone other than me took away my cash.

So, is it my fault that HDFC ATM’s do not have proper CCTV’s installed? Should I have not opened an account with the bank? Or Should I have not used the ATM?

Going by the excuses given by the executives and branch officers, I can safely say that they wanted to tell me that nothing was wrong on their part and maybe I should forget my Rs. 14,000.

P.S. I am a ‘Classic Customer’ of HDFC Bank and have also provided with a personal banker. So, if a ‘Classic Customer’ is treated this way, I wonder what the regular ones have to go through.
User881906

Dec 12, 2012

Sending Documents at Home Brach without reason

I am holding the HDFC bank account for more than 5 years
Whenever I request for a new cheque book / debit card etc, the officials of HDFC don't dispatch the same at my mailing address via courier. Rather they call me to collect the same from the HDFC branch (Rohini Sector 9, i.e. my home branch) which is very far off from my home. And is not possible for me to visit the branch every time to collect my cheque book etc.

Even after repeated reminders and escalating the matter to the senior management (Mr Aditya Puri), then also I am not getting a valid / exact reason for this nuisance, they are just harassing me and giving me some claptrap reason which is updated in their system as “POLICY REASON” (which none of the customer service person is able to understand).

I have not received the perfect solution of this problem. This shows
a) The kind of systems which HDFC is using ?
b) Care-Free attitude of the executives
c) Even the senior management persons are least bothered about the problem(s) / concerns of the consumer ?

I am not going to recommend anybody for the services of HDFC

Gaurav Sahni

Nov 14, 2012

False information and Misbehaviour

Dear Mr.Singh,

We regret to note your feedback on the membership fee levied on your HDFC Bank credit card and understand that you have certain reservations on the same. In order to assist you further on your query, we request you to write to us at [email protected] from your registered email address with your card details and ref id TTU000460506112012. The ref ID helps us track your email and expedite the resolution process. Hence, you are requested to quote the same in the subject line of your email.

Regards, HDFC Customer Assistance.

Nov 9, 2012

Debited for Card...

This is my mailed that I send yesterday (08 Nov 2012) to respective person and asking my money back ... ...

Hi GM,

I am writing this mail to you for refund my money back that is deduced from my account for PLATINUM CARD.
My point for refunding this money are below:-

A) I am not responsible for your courier that was not coming to my mailing address, in that my PLATINUM CARD ATM PIN NUMBER was there.

B) Yesterday A man is calling me on my number and updated me that THEY ARE REFUNDING my money for PLATINUM CARD ISSUING charge. I think your phone banking people are not updated with all valid information so that they can update same information-to me. I have a valid message on my number that will updating same.

As a customer I am vary upset from your staffs behavior and updating wrong thing to costumer.
Again its my request to you that please have a look this issue and provide your customer support as you people are wishes.

M.K.Singh.
...END of Email------------------

Nov 8, 2012

Debited for Card...

I am requesting all of my friends that please never open a account in HDFC BANK. Its vary bad that (HDFC) people are following vary bad support to there Clients.

Nov 8, 2012

Debited for Card...

Again its shame less performance from HDFC bank they again Withdrawal (07 Nov 2012 ATM PIN Courier Rtn Chg07092012 030912 ############ 07 Nov 2012 56.18INR).
I just want to make sure why this is happening from HDFC bank.

They called me on my number on (07 Nov 2012) and talk about more then 1 hours but they haven't provide me my money back..

Let me know what I will do...

M.K. Singh.
Ak.khanna Send email

Nov 5, 2012

HIGH BROKERAGE AND ILLEGAL CHAGES FOR PROVIDING BLINK TERMINAL

Sir, Hdfcsec is a hopeless broking house, charging high brokerage in compare to other brokers. Secondly, hdfcsec is also fooling demat account holders by charging illegal amount for BLINK terminal while other broking houses are providing terminal free alongwith customer account. But HDFC bank itself a good bank providing prompt services to there customers except hdfcsec services which are hopeless. Hence, HDFCsec have been failed to satisfy the actual customers.

A.K.KHANNA
Impact Send email

Oct 26, 2012

HIGH BROKERAGE AND ILLEGAL CHAGES FOR PROVIDING BLINK TERMINAL

Yes, HDFC Sec are charging for the Blink facility in which i had subscribed, however in blink facility they provide various features as i can place fast buy and sell order in market, to check limits, open positions and i login into the blink in the morning @ 9:15A:M then directly log out @ 3:30 P:M & session doesnt gets invalid in between which is very useful for trader.
[email protected] Send email

Oct 23, 2012

Credit Card Disapproval

Dear HDFC

Please note that i applied for HDFC Credit Card and got Reference No : 12101115840770S2. I got all verification done at my office and residence too. I got multiple calls at office too for verification.

Today got checked in HDFC Link showing track your card application. Found the reason as follows.

Application Reference Number
12101115840770S2
Status
DISAPPROVED
Remarks
DISAPPROVAL OF THE CREDIT CARD APPLICATION DOES NOT REFLECT IN ANYWAY ON YOUR CREDIT STANDING OR YOUR FINANCIAL STABILITY

Please provide reason or else i will file case in consumer court.

Baidyalal Mahalik

12101115840770S2
Status
DISAPPROVED
Remarks

Please provide reason or else i will file case in consumer court.

Baidyalal Mahalik

Mob:+91-7795694519
Sadanand S Chavan Send email

Oct 13, 2012

NOC LETTER NOT RECIEVED AFTER SETTELMENT

Hi i am sadanand chavan I have setteled my HDFC BANK credit card with one time payment of Rs 45000/-but bank is not issuing me closing letter and now bank issued me letter as only setteled card. can my name removed from CIBIL?and after six month bank asking me u should pay all loan which is related the card. is this true please help me.
Regards.
sadanand 9224140645

Sep 12, 2012

EMI Deducted twice

We regret the inconvenience caused. We will look into this from our end. Please write to [email protected] with your Account number, complete Complaint. Details and contact details and the reference number TTU000452124082012
Nsrivastava2 Send email

Sep 7, 2012

CREDIT CARD

Hey stay away from HDFC Bank and its Credit Card. If you have not received it yet, ask them to cancel it.
Parveen007 Send email

Aug 23, 2012

Deduction in saving balance

MY account no is 02801000067173 in Hdfc BANK. HDFC bank has been deducted of 6 -AUGUST-2012 Rs. 265.34 and 22 -AUGUST, 2012--RS 127.92 and 23 AUGUST, 2012, RS-- 112.36 w/o my information.AUGUST MONTH 2012 THREE TIMES DEDUTION IN MY ACCOUNT
PLZ SIR PLZ HELP ME.THIS IS CHITING BY BANK SIDE.

PARVEEN KUMAR
9013819417
7206223536

Aug 19, 2012

EMI Deducted twice

This is against my HDFC Bank Auto Loan account no. 17708060.EMI for m/o august is not deducted due to insufficient balance so it was paid to HDFC collection executive through receipt no.27331407 on 13 dec 12.After settlement an amount of rs. 4250/- has been debited by bank on 16 Aug.I called to HDFC customer care on 16 Aug but they told "we have not any information about this please call us after 3-5 Days.

I dont know why this type of discrepancy coming with a world's leading bank.

I request you to please take necessary action on this.

Thansk
Rahul
Max4ind Send email

Aug 16, 2012

HIGH BROKERAGE

lowest brokerage in india

pay only rs.20 unlimited lot trading in equity, commodity and currency.

more details email your name, mobile no to: [email protected]

we will call and explain to you.

Jul 26, 2012

Not ready for settlement

HDFC Bank Complaints & Reviews - Settlement of loan
View all HDFC Bank complaints
HDFC Bank
Location: North West Delhi, Delhi, India

Tarun Juneja on Feb 3, 2012
Settlement of loan

I had availed a personal loan from HDFC Bank for my friend as he was not eligible for the loan. I am paying the installments since last three years as my friend is not able to repay the loan due to his financial condition. I requested the Bank to settle/ to wave off the interest as even I am not able to pay the installment after my marriage. Kindly help to settle my loan on exceptional basis. I had already spoken to HDFC people many times but they are not ready to settle the loan.

Tarun Juneja

I am ready to pay the whole amount in installments but I request HDFC to waive off my late charges from my loan a/c 15089305.

Tarun Juneja

Jul 17, 2012

need money back, fraud by hdfc

We request you to write to [email protected] from your registered email ID with your account and contact details, details of the transaction and the reference number TTU000449212072012. We will check from our end and get in touch with you.

Jul 17, 2012

Cheating - Credit Card Payment

We regret the inconvenience caused. Please write to [email protected] with your card, account and contact details and reference number TTU000447303072012. We will have a bank official get in touch with you over the settlement of your dues.

Kaps1980 Send email

Jul 15, 2012

Cheating - Credit Card Payment

To start with below are the details of my credit card -
############ 0353 - issued in the name of Kapil Dev Sharma (9811793629)

I've been holding corporate a/c with HDFC (one of the worst ever bank i have ever dealt with). I made a mistake of believing what their call center associates informed me about my account balance. A customer should not be penalised in case HDFC bank have hired illitrate resources who misguide the customers. The problem is that bank is not owning up to the mistake that they made and instead pressurising me to pay off and settle the account in order to avoid the embarrasment and agony that collections team will put on me. This is ridiculous.

I'll call the cops if your representatives try to mis-behave with my family. Talk to me if you want to settle the account.
Kapil

Jul 12, 2012

need money back, fraud by hdfc

by mistake i transferd money 2 netsafe. Amoun transferred is rs.10000
out of whic rs.595 has been used. Balance amount is transferred by
back. I called but they said 35days time will be req. I think this is
kind of fraud only because money transfrd from account in just second.
If u need money back that takes 35 days. Its really cheap thing and i
found hdfc as worst bank. I will forward this thing to rbi as well
varun Narang
customer id 44847952

Jun 27, 2012

Demat Account

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please write to [email protected] with your account and contact details, details of the branch where you have your account and the reference number TTU000445125062012. We will get in touch with you.