HDFC Credit Card

Consumer complaints and reviews about HDFC Credit Card

Jun 1, 2010

Dear Parul,

This is further to your email dated May 23, 2010 and subsequent conversation with our bank officer regarding your HDFC Bank credit card account.

We take this opportunity to inform you that your credit card stands invalidated from further usage since 07/07/2009 and there is no outstanding payable on your card account as on date.

Please feel free to contact our bank representatives at 040-66742537 or write to us at [email protected] for any further assistance / clarification that you may require with regard to your credit card account.

Regards, Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank

May 28, 2010

Unable to Settle Dues

HDFC bank Credit card recovery department is most notorious in the country.

That is the reason they can show very low Non Performing Assets because they never write off any of the settlements done with the customers. They did the same with me for one year. I took the matter with ombudsman, using all the emails that i had sent for one year, the settlement letter scanned copy and the proof of payment that i had done. Now i have received the zero balance confirmation and write off in cibil.

Stay away from HDFC bank for all reasons.

May 25, 2010

Dear Parul,

We would also like to assure you that a bank representative is currently looking into this matter and should be able to contact you soon about a resolution to your repayment issue.Additionally, we request you never to post sensitive information such as credit card numbers on a public forum such as this, as it may lead to your account being compromised. Should you need any further clarification on the matter, please write to us at [email protected] with the id TTU00039925052010 mentioned in the subject line. We will respond as quickly as possible.

Customer Assistance, HDFC Bank

Aug 4, 2012

EXCESS CHARGING FINANCIAL CHARGES

Please verifty my credit card account statment and rectify the Financial charges and interest.

Please adjust the paid amount to my Credit Card Interest and Fiancial charges

reduce the Card Balance amount. Credit Card No: ################

my card limit is 12000/ every month I paid the amount around 1500 since last one year but this account accumulated. Please convert the EMI systm as 12000/ basis my card limit amount. Now thery are showing too much balance Rs.37000/- last 5 months Rs.2000/ pm instalment paid they are adjusting as financial charges. Please adjust this amount within Rs.12000/- I am not using 37000/- amount

N.N.Rama krishna

Phone: 8008743894.

Jun 18, 2012

HDFC deliberately allowed a fraudulent transaction to go through

My cousin (who stays in the U.S.) sent me a link via email to a site that sells some weight reduction drops. I made this huge stupid foolish mistake clicking that link and buying a monthly weight loss program of 45 days online on that site. I made the transaction on Sunday afternoon in India. The only good thing I did was to write to my cousin asking her if she had tried this product. I heard from her next morning (Monday) saying she never sent any such email. Her account was hacked and these emails were sent to her entire contact list.

I immediately called the bank (credit card division) and reported this incident. What follows is incredible!!! They said that since my account was debited they cannot charge my card back. Well, till then it was fine with me as I presumed that the transaction has fully gone through. Then something struck me and I asked this bank lady on the other side, if the vendor had already received the credit/money, to which, she said no. She said that only my account had been debited yet but the vendor's account was not credited yet.

You won’t believe I spoke with at least 3 managers after putting a mammoth of effort and wasting at least 30 minutes of talk time on 'call waiting' and 'convincing' them not to go ahead with the credit as the vendor is a fraud. But they would not listen. They said they have to go ahead with the credit per the 'process'.

They said I could download a credit card dispute form on their site and lodge an application and they will inform the status of my application in 4 days. I told them that by that time, the fraudulent vendor will get his money and both the Bank and I would be chasing him. However, they didn't seem to bother about that.

Now I am wondering that I at least did what I did in unawareness but what the HDFC guys were doing was in their full awareness. I told them beforehand, not to go ahead with the credit but they said they have to credit the fraudulent vendor's account as it is a part of their process.

Wondering why one needs to pass banking exams to get into a bank. Worse, why do banks hire MBAs? Maybe they feel that if an MBA gives a customer crap on the other side of the phone, it may look less crappish...
shaillykapoor

Jun 18, 2012

HDFC deliberately allowed a fraudulent transaction to go through

Jyoti89

Jun 13, 2012

Regarding Credit card application

This is Jyoti Vohra, I have an Salary Account in HDFC Bank, My A/c No. is 02711050254840. I have applied for Credit Card on 30.05.2012, Today i called at customer care and came to know my application has not approved, I want to know the reason, I have clearly mentioned on ma application that I am on Rent, I hav provide all the necessary docs to your person. There is no verification has done at my office & residence.

Please advice me the grounds on which HDFC has not approved my credit Card application.

Jyoti Vohra

Apr 13, 2012

FINANCE CHARGES

My credit card No. is ############ 8982. I dropped Cheque No.655780 drawn on SBH Gunfoundry dt:28.03.2012 for Rs48000/- ,Cheque No.655781 for Rs.100/ dt:28.03.2012 in favour of the above credit card account on 28.03.2012 in HDFC bank at Himayathnagar Branch and the proceeds have been credited to my credit card account on 04.04.2012. For the same finance charges to the extent of Rs.1,140.69 has been debited to my credit card account though the cheque was dropped on 28.03.2012 and my due date is 31.03.2012. Kindly reverse the entry immediately.

Aug 10, 2011

MEMBERSHIP FEE INCL ST AND CESS

I have received HDFC Credit Card in the month of July'2011. I have not yet used my credit card for any transactions eventhough in my credit card A/c debited 219.50 for MEMBERSHIP FEE INCL ST AND CESS on 28th July 2011. I have not understand what is this membership fee?. Would you please explain to me ?

Requesting you to explain what would have caused this charge on my Credit Card Account.

Eranna K
CC : ############ 9654

May 17, 2011

RE:Alerts while using the card

I have called so many time to HDFC customer care division regarding alerts should be received while using the credit card. As we recieve while using the ATM card.

But till now no one had responded.
User208053

Oct 29, 2010

Delay in delivery

Dear Blue Dart Team,

I am surprised and shocked to see the inefficiency of Blue Dart Courier Services. My delivery of HDFC Credit Card whose AWB Number is #42878775030 was despatched on 26-10-2010 and was expected to reach me on 27-10-2010. I also received a sms from the HDFC Bank regarding the same.

I called five times so far from 27-10-2010 to 29-10-2010 and each time I get the same reply from the customer care employee that it will be delivered soon. It was expected to reach me today between 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. as told by the customer care employee of Blue Dart Courier. But when I called now, she said it will be delivered tomorrow i.e. on 30-10-2010 by 12 p.m.

Thus, tired by such promises that it would be delivered soon. I have decided to register my complaint regarding the non-delivery of my HDFC Credit Card.

It is my humble request to you to see to it that my HDFC Credit Card is delivered soon to me, latest by tomorrow. Thus, giving a chance to Blue Dart Courier Services to revive my trust on them.

Kindly feel free to contact me on the given number i.e. 9700199150 or 9949654226 for any queries.

Deepak Singh Chauhan

Jul 19, 2010

Settlement

HI Hold a HDFC Credit card, the due on this card is 75K and we got the settlement for 40K in 4 installments, First one was a cash payment, second was a cheque got cleared, third cheque got bounced and their agent came and collected half the amt and said that we can pay that along the fourth installment, and the fourth installment got bounced and when i contacted to pay the 2 installments amt they say its invalid and they can not do the resettlement, and are asking me to pay the whole amt, I have been paying the min amount last 4 months, Can some one suggest me a solution.

May 23, 2010

Unable to Settle Dues

I am Parul Wadhera and I have resided in Hyderabad for over 4 years. I was given a credit card from HDFC Bank when I opened by salary account with them (Branch Hitec City). This credit card expired in 2006 however I have recently come to know of dues on this card, post which, I have made several attempts to reach the bank's credit card number to get a settlement call on 033-22104332 but most of the time there system is down.

I also have put an online complaint to bank's grievance redressal team & I have not recieved any response in the last 15 days.

Card number: ############-7422
Expiry date: 09/06

This is really not the way a bank like HDFC should respond. I would request you to help in immediate closure of this account and issuance of no dues certificate as this can adversely impact my credit rating.

Kindly help.