Mail sent to Hitachi on 13th June<<
My family bought the RVG610PND7 refrigerator (Serial no. 2190300128) on 1st June from Agoan Electronics, Jaipur. We received the refrigerator on 1st itself. I would like to highlight some grave issues we faced from the start:
1. The dealer didn't put the serial number in the bill and the guarantee card on his own and filled the guarantee card only after insisting. The serial number was filled only by the demo person.
2. The company demo was not offered to us till 6th June and then also the concerned guy was willing to come only at a time suitable to him, whereas we are the customer in this case. His name is Sawar Cjoudhary and he wasn't polite or willing to give us a demo. Then some Prateek guy (supervisor) called us and sent another person (Ritesh).
3. The fridge was not in good condition at all. Its refrigerator door is not closing properly and it is not aligned with the freezer door after closing it. The refrigerator door was coming out almost 1 inch more than the freezer door after closing. There are scratches on the side of the fridge also.
4. The demo guy who came to us (Ritesh) also noticed all these issues and told us that the fridge was not a good piece and gave us 2 options: either to take a 10% discount or get the fridge replaced with a fresh piece. We chose to get a fresh piece and all this happened on 6th June. Then Prateek sir called us and told us that our fridge would be replaced with a new piece from Sonipat and we can use the present one till then.
5. We received a message yesterday telling us that our call number 20060105953 is closed in your system. We called the customer care number 7567884848 and they told us that they don't have details about our scheduled maintenance. We informed Prateek and he told us that he is getting our fridge changed through the dealer only and not through the company.
We want to bring to your notice that our fridge hasn't been replaced till now and we still have the defective piece. We expected better customer service from Hitachi but I am sorry to say that we are very disappointed with how the dealer and your personnel have acted.
Prateek could be arranging a replacement for us but we just wanted to bring to your notice what is happening with us.
Thanks and regards,
Mail sent to them on 27th June<<
We would like to inform you that we haven't received any call from you side and no field service agent has contacted us.
Today, after 27 days of buying a faulty and defective piece from you, we called the dealer(Sanjay from Agoan Enterprises) from which we had bought the fridge.
He told us that either we buy the upper model of 610 litre and pay the price difference or we get the refund of the present model. What kind of customer service is this? You don't contact us for days and send no service agent. First you sell us the display piece(as confirmed by Sanjay) and then don't replace it or inform us whatsoever about any proceedings. Prateek and Sanjay are regularly ensuring us that our fridge is on the way and the order has been placed on 8th June only(attaching the order copy received from Sanjay). And on calling the dealer now, the dealer tells us of such options. Why should we pay any price difference, it's the company's fault and it has caused us inconvenience. We have been using a damaged fridge for days and received no service from your side. The company and the dealer should bear the expenses of any exchange.
Request you to look into the matter on priority and we have born enough inconvenience.
Advocate Anurag Mehta
Attached the bill as well.