housing society

Consumer complaints and reviews about housing society

PARESH A SHAH

Jun 12, 2019

MAINTENANCE CONTRIBUTION

Maintenance
Can someone please tell me where is it mentioned in the bye laws that it is not mandatory to pay the maintenance as per Sq. Ft.

Our society having 3 high rise towers which are the different size of flats. some flats are 100 sq.yard, some flats are 145sq.yard & some flats are 175sq.yard. But society management collect monthly maintainance charges equally from each flat. Infact the big flats are paying less and the increase is more affected to smaller flats.

But I want to know can a society come up with such decisions of keeping equal maintenance for both big and small flats just cause there was not mentioned in law? Please help if anyone can. Thank you in advance
Nishatvakil

Sep 16, 2018

No security in the colony

This complaint is for Aghadi Nagar cooperative housing society, pump house, Andheri East,Mumbai. There are in total 5 gates to the colony. We have told the society several times to incorporate a security system. But there is no adherence. The watchman is busy with car wash and getting groceries. Is never at the gate. There is no log in log out and society is open to all kinds of tresspassers.
There were a couple of robberies that happened due to this
haresh balani

Jul 3, 2018

whatever resolved in Agm/managing committee not implemented

Secretary of previous committee done expenses of Rs.8.00 lacs without taking permission of Agm/Managing committee for repairing, when asked the excuse was that mistake done by him and present secretary has not taken any action, same secretary is working as chairman now. Sir, I am working as treasurer of society, whatever resolved in Agm/managing committee is not notified either by hot copy/notice board and whenever asked, secretary's reply was that it is not necessary. The staircase net is totally blocked by fixing fibre glass for which fresh air is totally blocked and while waiting for lift in the pessage, we feel suffocation. Now secretary is forcing me to resign from society as I had not attended the managing committee meetings due to illness. Sir, this totally harassment from presesnt secretary and chairman. I am the Senior citizen living along with my wife who is also Sr.citizen seeking protection from harassment of secretay/chairman for betterment of society.

Thanks&regards,
Haresh Balani,
Pleasant Park,
Yogi Hills,
Mulund (west)
vijayaher1973

Feb 14, 2018

Garbage Dustbins Near Flat at Ground Floor

I am staying in Society which is almost 10 years old, I purchased Flat at Ground Floor in Feb 2016, I started Staying Since July 2017.

Garbage Dustbins are Near my Flat at Ground Floor, Due to which I am not able Open my Kitchen and Bedroom Windows. I have been requesting Society, to which they agreed that they will surely look into it and will get it done before monsoon, June 2017.
Due to Good Faith I always requested verbally and they too agreed verbally. But Since July 2017, I started submitting letter for the same. Letter was acknowledge by mere signing on the letter by available committee members.

But No Action has been taken yet. In fact
I was conveyed that we agree with your problem but please suggest where should Garbage Dustbins be shifted,
I was also conveyed that Dustbins were not placed by them and were done by old committee, Is there since then, I was shocked to hear this, I cannot react at that time, I was again assured we will see and take necessary action but not immediately.

Now this will lead to mental harassment.

I do not think they plan to take any action in near future.

What is option available to me.

Vijay Aher
UshaKulkarni

Jan 17, 2018

Parking related issue

My CHS is located in Nigdi, Pradhikaran in Pune. In open parking space, builder has allotted few parkings to few members. Builder has marked parking angled to compound wall. But one of member having parking in open space has constructed shed which is perpendicular to wall. Due to this he is parking his vehicle outside of markings done for his parking. My parking is right behind his, so I get less space to park my vehicle. Owner says that markings done by builder does not have legal meaning. Though the markings are led by builder, he has not created any parking plan. And society is not willing to interfere in this matter. Our society have not framed any parking policy. Committee
Can owner create parking shed in open space? Can he park his vehicle outside of the marking done by builder(it is also causing inconvenience to me)? What should be the role of CHS in this case? Please guide.
Saurabh471

Dec 18, 2017

Reg. IGL connection

We want to avail the facility of IGL connection. But as per our earlier request to IGL, team representative visited but due to neighbour's non-cooperation who lives at 3rd floor, it was not possible to install igl at our home i.e 2nd floor. The matter in detail i.e. there is a shaft at terrace (above 3rd floor) through which igl pipeline will come according to engineer but our neighbour had denied & refused to do construction on that shaft at terrace. Now every other neighbour residents living other side have installed the igl.

Sir terrace is a common place & every resident have equal right on that. How they r showing there authority or proprietorship.

So we request you to pls guide us on the subject matter so that we may install the Igl pipeline at our home too.

Please do the needful at your earliest & oblige.

Thanx

201005 U.P.
faizanm

Nov 14, 2017

[parking allotment ]

In my society i have not been alloted a parking space as it is a redevelopment project . The builder alloted 5 parking space to the members who had cars at that time. I was not having a car and the society members stated that after the project is completed you can park your car in the open car space but since then i have not been alloted a parking space and the developer has sold the open parking to the new members.As i am an old member do i have the right to parking or not in the building please help as i have to buy a car as soon as i get a parking in the building.Please suggest me what to do in my case.Revelopment project started in around 2004 and i was given possesion of my flat in 2007 since then the old society is existing and i am the old member with a share certificate so what is my right on perking and how do i go about it help me.

Oct 7, 2017

Need advice on how to get society share for gift deed flat

I am staying since last 12 years here in the same flat but that was on my brother's name. He transferred the flat by gift deed to me. But society committee asks INR 22000 /- first to transfer the share to my name. When I displayed By Law copy for housing societies, still they are asking for INR 10000/-. They are not giving me society membership as well as share on my name. Actually I read in By Law that if property is transferred on anyone's name, then only 600 Rs. need to pay for transferring society membership name and share certificate.

Also committee is selling two parkings which are open for all.

Kindly suggest me how and where I can file a complaint against society committee.

Thanks in advance.
Jôél Lawrence Fürtädô

Oct 6, 2017

Maintenance

Our society recently had a meeting where they said that they are short of funds and so they have decided to keep everyone’s maintenance equal. For example a flat of 495 area used to pay 1519₹ now pays nearly 2852₹ maintenance (wich will be same for bigger flats) which excludes sinking, tax and parking charges. The 2582₹ maintenance which is decided by the society is equal for flats who’s area is 980-1000 sq too. After adding all the charges of sinking fund, tax, and parking the small flat of 495 area comes upto 2905₹ and big flats of 2 bedrooms comes upto nearly 3000₹. Infact the big flats are paying less and the increase is more affected to smaller flats.

But I want to know can a society come up with such decisions of keeping equal maintenance for both big and small flats just cause they have less funds? Please help if anyone can. Thank you in advance
ranjeet.dhar143

Oct 4, 2017

Harassment by PRA Realty Developers

Namaskar!

My name is Ranjeet Dhar and along woth my family we have invested in a project started by PRA Developers by the Name of Lake District. This project took inception in year 2009 and we invested in year 2011 with a promise made that by 2013 we shall get the posession of the same. Which unfortunately didnt have happend till now.
The project has recieved occupant certificates in 2016 from Municipal corporation Pune.

We have been alloted Flat 901 C2 bookend under name of Anjali Dhar ( My Mother) . In the signed agreement it is mentioned that developer is bound to pay the fine @9% of the total valve invested, following which PRA owes us close to 6lk INR. We as a occupant also have to settle the last instalment which is close to 2.5 lk upon once possession is given to us in full.

After countess emails and discussions the agreeable amount that we agreed to finally recieve was 2lk.
We did all the paperwork and what was required of us.

But now the devlopers are now falling back making excuses that currently they have lack of sufficient funds which surely is a lie ofcourse.

Now i wish to lodge a complaint against PRA developers through all the possible means of legal offices.

I hope this message reaches to the right ears in the department and helps to accomplish it in a right way.

My contact details are mentioned below

Ranjeet Dhar
jayeshraj

Oct 1, 2017

not giving lease deed document of 999 years

I am member of plot in co operative housing society .I & society register lease deed document of in register office .all origanal papers collect by co operative society chairman he give only Xerox copy of lease Deed but not give original paper of lease deed to me. pl give stagnation for getting original lease deed from society.
smb

Sep 29, 2017

Block enterence gate for vehicle

Respected Sir/Madam

I live in chandak harmony at Mahavir Nagar kandivli west I live with my parents
Enterence gate of our society blocked by barriers my father affected badly by kids cycle in society premises
Not only that on calling ambulance also they don't unblock barriers and my father aged 82 undergo surgery
Still no commitee member responsible for any such incidents
I lodge online police complain for the issue
I had to take help of police for ambulance van to enter
This is serious issue,hope you address it

Awaiting your valued response
Mumbai
Cell:9820052037
faisalakhtar

Sep 5, 2017

Harassment by some member of Society

I am living with my wife, Sisters and widow mother in rented house in Navi Mumbai.
Due to some property dispute one of my merried sister started fighting with my mother.
The matter is with police station and it was resolved by asking her to live seperately.
Now some member of our society is asking us to vacantte the flat , they are scared with us thogh the matter is resolved by Police.
The fact is that the flat which we rented have bad history, in year 2008 owner of the flat was murdered by his wife and her lover ( now both are in Jail).
I tried to convinced them that our matter is resolved and my sister is staying seperately but some member who owned multiple flats in same apartment not listing.
I am looking for your advice , as I do not want to vacate flat till I have valid tenancy rights.
as151295

Aug 13, 2017

harrasment from neighbour

I am facing problems from my neighbor since they are practicing some baba works religious activity and around 50 to 100 peoples comes to his flat on daily basis ,the problem lies when peoples comes to his flat lots of shoes and sandal gather at our door and unknowns peoples come to our floor without any verification and record we are unable to even open are door because of the peoples gathering the use the lifts and because of that we are unable to use the lift also ,we have complaint it to the society but they are not taking any specific action .plz suggest some legal action [email protected] thank you .
gokul parmar

Jul 16, 2017

Reconstruction of New flat without written permission from builder

Sir / Ma'am,

I am staying in Maher Homes (Shela) build by Viswanath Realtor Ahmedabad and given possession in Mar 2017. We are staying on 5th Floor of E Block and facing problem from neighbour of 6th Floor. Builder has sold two flats of 6th floor to one person who is doing major changes between two flats which may weaken the strength of my flat. Multiple reminders given to owner over the phone who is staying abroad as per the architecture appointed by the owner. But there is no action has been taken till date. Also sent an email to builder but no action taken from his side either. I am facing this problem since last 60 days and as society committee is not formed, members are not ready to help. Kindly provide legal aid and guidance. As the architecture is not following the optional process of reshaping the flat if require without disturbing the neighbourhood, he is working on his whims and wishes.
Albinafeds

Jul 14, 2017

Harassement From defaulter in the society

My mother resides in a society in Malad West , there is a defaulter who stays below us , when the society renovation was on before that on inspection was carri d out where the defaulter complained there is a leakage from our bathroom to theirs , so we carried out the renovation as the bathroom was very old . When the work was on the defaulter complained that his house is damanaged so we sent the contractor to check but the defaulter denied entry to the contractor : also in our house not a single tile was broken or any cracks on the our adjacent walls so how can below damanges be caused also when then is a big loft . We even agreed to repair the the damage if any but refused entry in , and we submitted a letter to the police and the society and they acknowledged the same . On 13 July the same defaulter called up the control room and the police inspect our residence and we showed that there are no cracks on any of our walls or tiles to the adjacent that was broken . The person is a defaulter and keeps harassing everyone he has converted his toilet to a kitchen and the kitchen. To a bedroom .My mother is a senior citizen and such incidents is affecting her health .
Numoringo

Jun 8, 2017

Flat electric problem

Sir/mam
I am stay in flat last 8 month yesterday night burn all wiring my all wire burn we all family come out mcb not work no one come help flat owner building secotry no one came my question this if same happen next time woh responsible please tell me it's has any legle law where I complient
Numoringo

Jun 8, 2017

Flat electric shock sercate

Sir/mam
nigammukesh

May 10, 2017

Maintenance and Sevage

We are living in Manju Complex B Sector Sarvdharam kolar Road Bhopal M.P. The Building in which we are living needs urgent repairing and maintenance from last 5 years the condition are getting worse because of accumulation of garbage and sevage water in the basement. all toilets pipes are break and the dirty water is collected in the basement. My family is facing health issue due to the poor condition of basement and people who are living in the near by residential area avoids to enter the building. Many flat owners have given their flats on rent and shifted to some other place due to the non cooperative behaviour of the owners who are still living in the same building.
It seems if the proper major would not have taken the building might collapse due to sevage water and cracks. The charges are could not possible to afford by us. The humiliation and harassment we are facing due to unsupportive attitude of the of the responsible persons . My family has no other option but to live in the building . It Seems we are living among deaf and blind people.
On one hand we are taking steps for Swach Bharat abhiyan and on the other hand for the opposite of 11 flats we are not getting any support .....
Please help us it's difficult to stay here Please do something in urgently....
Tam1

Apr 27, 2017

Society maintenance

The society in which i leave is older by 15 years and there is no maintanence being taken care of by the chairman or any other member.They are not even interested in colouring of the building nor the floor work.
The building is developing cracks.

Need suggestion where can i file a complaint regarding the inspection of the society.
Building is located in PUNE.

Regards...
TAM
Tam1

Apr 27, 2017

Society maintenance

I am facing an issue of with the maintenance in our society. The society in which i leave is nor older by 15 years and there is no maintanence being taken care of by the chairman or any other member.They are not even interested in colouring of the building nor the floor work.
The building is developing cracks.

Building is located in PUNE.

Regards...
TAM

When have contacted the secretary & committee members, they have paid a deaf ear to our complaint.

ganeshrai

Apr 24, 2017

MISMANAGEMENT OF FUND & GIVING CONTACTS FOR REPAIRING SEVERAGE WITHOUT FOLLOWING THE RULES & BY LAWS

R/SIR, I GANESH RAI RESIDE AT BHAYANDER EAST , KRISHNA PARK "A"CO-OPERATIVE HOUSING SOCIETY FROM LAST 15 YEARS, 02 DAYS BEFORE IT CAME TO MY NOTICE THAT THE PRESENT SOCIETY SECRETARY HAS GIVEN CONTRACT TO REPAIR THE SEVERAGE LINE OF THE SOCIETY AS PER THE QUOTATION GIVEN OF RS.1,45000/-,THE CONTRACTOR DOES NOT HAS ANY LICENSE NOR HE IS A AUTHORISED CONTRACTOR, DURING THE WORK I NOTICED THAT HE MAKING FOOL OF THE SOCIETY BY NOT USING THE PROPER PROCEEGER OF REPAIRING , ON INFORMING TO THE SECRETARY HE RUDELY DENIED MY COMPLAINT , LATER AS I ASKED HIM ABOUT THE CONTRACT AGREEMENT HE TOLD THAT AS THE SOCIETIES LEGAL ADVISER IS OUT OF TOWN IT HAS NOT BEEN MADE YET, IT WILL BE MADE, TO MY SURPRISE THAT THEY (SECRETARY , TREASURER, CHAIRMAN HAS ALREADY ISSUED 03 CHEQUES OF AMNT- 45,000/- ; 30,000/- ; 30,000/- ) AND THE WORK IS STILL NOT COMPLETED NOR ANY ACTION AGAINST THE CONTRACTOR IS BEEN TAKEN . I HAVE ASKED THE AUTORITIES IN WRITING FOR THE QUOTATION COPY & THE AGREEMENT COPY BUT STILL NO REPLY HAS HAS BEEN GIVEN TO MY THE AUTHORITIES, PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE RULES REGARDING GIVING CONTRACTS, PAYMENT MADE & WHAT TO DO IF THE SOCIETY AUTHORITIES ARE NOT RESPONDING ON MY LETTERS. PLEASE HELP.
akshay48

Apr 22, 2017

Two Names in Maintenance Bill

We have Flat at Khira Nagar Santacruz west Mumbai. We got property from our father. As per will.We are two Brothers.
(1) Atul R Mehta & (2) Akshay R Mehta. We are getting Maintenance bill in only 1st Name (Atul R Mehta) We requested to society as this flat is in two name. 50 % shares Each. Please make Maintenance bill in Both name as per society record. But Society is not doing it. Sending bills in One name only.
My Question is, why society is not doing it in Two Names. Is there any Low? that only one name has to be there ? If not how can i convince Society (Any Judgement by Court) or any of your suggestion. with proof of Law
radhika.pai101

Mar 18, 2017

Mismanagement by committee Members

I am staying with my parents in a society where two years back my father was the treasurer of the soc.
As and when he resigned from the post due to harrasment from some members of the society.People started eligating regarding books of accounts and all.They formed new commitee which is not taking any interest in society's any affairs.Last two Days BMC people had cutted of our water supply pipeline due to non payment of Bill. But still defaulters are not ready to pay maintainance.Now last two days we are not getting drinking Water.Even in a committee Secretary had left the place but still she is not ready to resign and new treasurer is had already resigned on chairman is trying to solve the matters which is impossible to handle by her own.
Please guide me what next step I should take to come out of the problem

Mar 14, 2017

Harrasment from the Neighbour

Respected Team,

I am Shankar Padyatchi resident of Room no 111, Amar Nagar CHS, Balaji Temple Street, Dhobighat Trombay Mumbai - 400 088, needs to bring to your notice about the Harassment from our Neighbor next to our House, Mr. Parmeshwar Mourya and his Son, as they are constructing their illegally occupying the space meant for Drainage and also using the our one more Neighbor Space, when tried to converse to stop the same and we approached the Society committee , those people are harassing us by lodging the false police complaint against the Housing society committee and people residing and the police is also been confused as those people are diverting the whole stating that the society and neighbors are harassing them because of being North India, where to bring to your notice that we ourselves being South Indian and there are varied and mixed cultural and religions people for many long years. They are playing as they are victimized in the local police station, so before approaching the Human Rights Commission we want to bring to your public domain notice and get an Opinion

Need a legal opinion how to proceed towards the same, if needed the signature complaints from all the people also can be provided if needed by you.

Incase of any further clarification needed please reach us on =############.

Shankar Padyatchi

electricity meter - Electricity Grievance
    Honourable sir, We had raised the online complaint...
    VOLTAS - Ac stopped working after a month
    My new ac stopped working after a month and when I am...
    HDIL Paradise City Palghar - HDIL Paradise City
    Has anyone have latest news regarding Paradise City...
    Shree Laxmi Narayan Sweet & Dairy Bakers - The food is not hygienic.
    Dear Concerned Department, I want to draw attention...
    BAJA finsrv - Flexi Loan login
    When I logon with new Experia customer portal I am not...
    UJALA BULB - Ujala bulb replacement
    I have visited 3-4 times for replacement of ujala bulb...
    SRIMIN TECHNOLOGIES - Fraud, Scammer
    I took data entry project (USA REAL ESTATE COPY&PASTE...
    arrshith rg - parcel struck
    my tracking number is RP529533248CN it has been struck...
    Stashfin Loan - Loan amount Not Recipe
    I have applied a loan from stash fin company the loan is...
    taxway india - misguide
    Me taxway company ka e-countr lia mera busiess bohot achha...