hyundai i20 electrick power steering

Consumer complaints and reviews about hyundai i20 electrick power steering

vverdejo

Oct 30, 2017

ESP Malfunction 2012 hyundai elantra

(ESP) ELECTRONIC POWER STEERING malfunctioning ESP WARNING LAMP ON accompanied by a loss of steering assist. the vehicle unexpectedly revert to manual steering mode. Possible defective Electronic Circuit Board.
Sachin nisar

Oct 9, 2017

Steering motor replace

My car no is MH 02 BZ 5269 I bought I 20 in 2010 from 2010 to 2017 I replaced steering motor 3rd time last I replaced motor on 2015 on 22000 km now 34000 km the same steering noise is Cmg and steering was hard so Wt can we do all 1years 1 1/2 years we have to replace steering motor
sujay Gopnarayan

Oct 2, 2017

eps issue in hyundai i20 2011 Model

Hi Hyundai Team,

This is one more complaint from my end about EPS and I would like to highlight here on hyundai mechanics if we whenever go to the service center and if any part having issue than those mechanics don't know how to repair and they only ask customer to replace it.
I do not understand as very small to big problem on mechanism replacement of part is the only solution.
I would request to Hyundai engineering team manager or head of India manager to look into it, you can't make fool people in this way.

HUNDAI should work. .in only 43 k KM I am facing issue with EPS which is totally unacceptable as you people know that how dangerous if all of sudden your eps stooped working while driving.
MH01 AV9093.
9987494294.

would be really appreciate if Hyundai will contact with me ASAP.

Best Regards.
Sujay ....
udaypi

Aug 23, 2017

Hyundai I20 Sportz model 2010 - Hard Steering EPS warning

I have same issue of Hard steering on my i20 sportz bought in 2010 dec. Car ran 37k and steering became hard with EPS warning on. Service center person just saw the car and told motor needs to be replaced and will take 4-5 days
After 4-5 days, when i called what happened, he said we put motor but issue not resoled so we need to replace steering assembly and will cost 42k...
If the problem is consistent across the units, i think hyundai should do right service. Find out faulty parts... I have never heard of such issues in any other manufacturer and if at all same issue across units, right callback is being done.

preetivbhatia

Aug 15, 2017

power steering unit

frequent replacement of the electronic power steering . i have ahyundai 1 20 which has done only 30000 km i have had to replace the power steering unit twice and the air conditiing compressor onc e in curring a cst of rs 25000 till date can anybody advise and help me because all the jobs are done at the dealer workshop
Danialonline

Apr 25, 2017

Dalip Singh

Having read numerous issues affecting us all who own i20 and are facing problem with EPS light and the steering become hard to drive.This has further eroded my liking for Hyundai vehicles and have decided never again to buy them,How come the Company is selling the same at such a high cost?
schandnair

Feb 20, 2017

Steering problem

It seems it is known issue, wonder why a renowned company like Hyundai can do such things.Have seen other car makers call back there vehicles if there any issues reported, not sure hyundai ever done this.Even i have to pay 15k to rectify the issue.Worried either to sell it off this junk or keep it repaired.Neither wont buy any hyundai vehicles in future nor recommend

Sarath
mangaldas naik

Feb 17, 2017

EPS defective

what is the solution?Most of the hundai car owner have defective EPS problem.My i20 magna run mileage 15875 Km facing the same problem.Purchased in jan.2014 I had aproblem front left side making a tak sound. At second service they had told me problem is solved by tightining something.The sound as it is.As now I approach a car mechanic/expert for my EPS .He asked me replace motor,lets what is result.
rohankshetty

Jan 9, 2017

i20 2011 model EPS problem

I have the same issue with Power steering EPS as well steering rack for almost 15k, initially work shop people were unable to find the exact reason for the problem now they have asked me to change EPS assembly motor looks bizarre but no choice left as i have to use my car, steering wheel used to become very hard while taking turns etc while parking.

This is major manufacturing issue with Hyundai ehich they do want to take blame, in turn work shop people are charging unnecessarily

rohan shetty
dipeshpatel

Oct 28, 2016

power stering and rack

I had bought my i20 Asta(petrol) in dec 2010. From the beginning there were issues from the steering/suspension, There used to be an annoying noise which creeps in.
The issue was reported in every service, and just before the vehicle was coming out of warranty, I forced the service center to replace few parts on warranty. The worse thing was that, as I was taking the vehicle out of the service center, after replacement of part, the sound reappaered. Shows that the service centre has not identified the exact issue or not replaced the part as promised.
Since then I have changed struts, links and what not to resolve the issue, but in vain.
Now the vehicle has done 34000 kms, and it is showing EPS error. The sound which was bothering from the beginning still persists. The service centre is now corelating the noise with the EPS motor and insisting me to change the unit.and abs sensor.in problem.
Looks like there is a part issue with Hyundai for their i20, for the steering module, which they do not want to acknowledge.

My advice to all potential car buyers - please do not buy a Hyundai car. In these 5 years I have replaced the clutch master cylinder which failed when I was driving in dense traffic, reloaded corrupted software in the ECU and the EPS failure twice. Buying a Hyundai car is like signing a death warrant, you do not know when the car will fail and your life and those of the passengers will end. I now pray hard before driving the car.i am not satisfies hyundai car.

request for free replacement of defective power steering parts
Please refer to my complaints dated Nov, 01th and Nov,2nd as given above.I am sorry to say that I have not received any reply from you.Since steering problems cropped up even when it was used hardly less than 26000km, I requested you to replace the defective parts free of cost,Hope you will consider it.

Thanks & regards.
dipesh

kachappilly

Oct 20, 2016

Steering Motor

My Hyundai !10 Sports Steering motor changed 3 times. Total Kilometer run : 11500. I took extended warranty for 3 years. They changed during extended warranty free of cost. They took my steering motors for checking. Hyundai Service center didn't inform the extension facility of extended warranty. Last Time I paid their Bill. Please advice

Regards.

Jose Kachappilly
veda_up

Oct 2, 2016

EPS circuit module Failure

I bought i20 sportz in the month of January, 2011. My car is having steering problem. When I contacted Shree Hundai, Chas , Bokaro. They told me to change steering motor and module. Then was asked to change EPS also. I demamded for G Scan. After more than one and half month they have checked through a tab and told be that I will have to change steering motor and EPS circuit module . All costing approx 25 thosand. According to them clutch plate also requires to be changed. Total running is 22K km only. Really a painful thing. Service is very poor here in Bokaro.
ashishb78

Sep 27, 2016

Hyundai i20 as well as Verna EPS Failure

Dear All,

We have 2 cars from the Hyundai stable.. the i20 Sportz and the Verna AT bought in interval of almost a year.. the i20 was first and the Verna followed.. both cars have clocked 20k kms and ironically both cars are now faced with EPS failures.. this was brought to the notice of the dealer(Modi Hyundai) and the service engineer was so calm about it and said this is a routine complaint and Hyundai is also aware of it and asked me back how will they make money if they gave all good things.. i was surprised by this ridiculous reply and got my car done from outside as the other dealer (Shriram Hyundai) was even a dreadful experience.. I feel we should look at a class action suit which is PIL in India.. Please do come forward and share your same concern..

Ashish B
0-9867062385
ashishb78@yahoo.com
A M Morawala

Sep 1, 2016

i20 EPS failure

I purchased the i20 Sportz in November 2011. I do not drive the car too much and it has done only about 4000 km till August 2016. Used only for city driving. In 2014 as I was parking the car, suddenly the EPS light came on. Since the car was in extended warranty, the EPS motor was replaced. Now again in August 2016 the EPS intermittently comes on, the steering wheel locks up. This happens mostly when I take turns.
I am told that since I do not use the car often, the EPS can fail. Being a 60 year old electronics engineer, I find this unbelievable. Electronic systems do not undergo any mechanical stresses. Secondly there is no direct human intervention with the EPS system so that someone can spoil it, like a clutch plate. This is plain bad quality of material used and bad design.
I have to shell out about rs. 20,000 now to have it repaired. I want to know how to approach teh Consumer courts to have Hyundai replace all EPS systems in all cars sold till date. I read on various websites that Hyundai cars have this serious problem.
Can we form a group and file a joint complaint against Hyundai India to ensure wee get the EPS replaced with good quality systems?
Is there any such consumer group existing?

sabujose

Jun 4, 2016

Hyundai i20 steering/suspension

I had bought my i20 Asta(CRDI) in Aug 2010. From the beginning there were issues from the steering/suspension, There used to be an annoying noise which creeps in.
The issue was reported in every service, and just before the vehicle was coming out of warranty, I forced the service centre to replace few parts on warranty. The worse thing was that, as I was taking the vehicle out of the service centre, after replacement of part, the sound reappaered. Shows that the service centre has not identified the exact issue or not replaced the part as promised.
Now the vehicle has done 63,000 kms, and it is showing EPS error. The sound which was bothering from the beginning still persists. The service centre is now corelating the noise with the EPS motor and insisting me to change the unit.
The part is not available and would take 3-4 days to replace, it seems..

Sabu
sabujose

Jun 4, 2016

Steering issues

The part is not available and would take 3-4 days to replace, it seems..

Sabu
Prema P Nair

Mar 26, 2015

Power steering

My i20 cars power sensor is complaint and the part is not available in the city.
I want to know the price and where should I get it

Nov 30, 2013

request for free replacement of defective power steering parts

Please refer to my complaints dated Nov, 16th and Nov,2nd as given above.I am sorry to say that I have not received any reply from you.Since steering problems cropped up even when it was used hardly less than 10000km, I requested you to replace the defective parts free of cost,Hope you will consider it.

Thanks & regards.

D.Barat

Nov 16, 2013

frequently coming under breakdown

Sub- i20 Hyundai car- Frequent breakdown of power steering unit.
My car Registration No- HR 51AE8590

In the month of November 2011 when my car covered a mileage of 11468 km only , I noticed some sound coming from the steering, as such, I reported the matter to the service station of Baltic hyundai, 14/1, Mathura road, Faridabad,Since my car was under extended warranty, steering electric power unit was changed on 24-11-2011 at free of cost. But now again i.e in Nov 2013, just after 2 years when the mileage covered is 18636 km only . i.e. after running 7168 km only, steering unit again started giving noise along with jerks.
On the basis of above defects noticed in power steering, the following inference can be drawn for analysis purpose:-

1) Quality of power steering unit supplied by the factory is not good. OR-
2) The fitting of power steering unit was not done correctly at Baltic Hyundai
( Repair Order.NO R20110825 ) OR-
3) Assembly of steering power unit might had been changed with a defective one without my knowledge or the existing unit got disturbed intentionally or unintentionally during last service done at the company’s service station located at A-30, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, New Delhi ( Repair Order No-R201308662 )

Since as per Hyundai Policy, warranty of replaced part exist for a period of 6 months or till the vehicle covers a distance of 10000km from the date of installation of replacement, whichever occurs first.
As in my case defect was detected after 6 months but distance covered was only 7168 km , I do not think that service agent will replace the parts till they get order from higher authorities of Hyundai motors.
Considering all the possibilities as mentioned above, I request you either to replace defective parts or repair the unit free of cost.

Deobrat Barat
Faridabad
( M ) 09810341815

I took my i20 car for checking the defective EPS as mentioned in my complaint, at Baltic Hyundai service station , address –plot no75,sector 27 A, 15/1, mile stone, mathura road Faridabad, pin- 121003, Ph. – 91-0129 4288200 and pointed out that EPS system replaced by them on 24 Nov, 2011 has now again started giving problem after covering a mileage of 7168 km only.. I have also given full details of the problem to G.M Mr Batra and requested him to give his personal care in the repair of my car. However, Mr. Tanzeem ( mobile -9718419441 ) repair advisor of service station informed me that EPS system is likely to be sent at their head office for checking and if they do not find satisfactory reasons, it may be sent to the Hyundai car manufacturer. Since I need the car for my work, I requested Repair advisor to get the car repaired on priority basis.

D.Barat

Nov 2, 2013

defective power steering

I purchased i20 hyundai car on 07-07-2009 from Baltic Hyundai, plot no75, sector-27A. 15/1, Mile Stone, Mathura road, Faridabad , Pin 121003, along with 3 years extended warranty( code N2202 ).Most of the time, I used my car for going to my office which is hardly 4km from my house.In the month of November 2011 when my car run mileage of 11468 km only , I noticed some sound coming from the steering, as such, I reported the matter to the service station of Baltic hyundai, 14/1, Mathura road, Faridabad,Since my car was under extended warranty, steering electric power unit was changed on 24-11-2011 at free of cost. But now again i.e in Nov 2013, just after 2 years when the mileage covered is 18636 km only . i.e. after running 7168 km, steering unit started giving noise and jerk.In the above condition, I request Hyundai to replace the power unit of steering at their owen cost

Nov 2, 2013

frequently coming under breakdown

I purchased i20 hyundai car on 07-07-2009 from Baltic Hyundai, plot no75, sector-27A. 15/1, Mile Stone, Mathura road, Faridabad , Pin 121003, along with 3 years extended warranty( code N2202 ).Most of the time, I used my car for going to my office which is hardly 4km from my house.In the month of November 2011 when my car covered mileage of 11468 km only , I noticed some sound coming from the steering, as such, I reported the matter to the service station of Baltic hyundai, 14/1, Mathura road, Faridabad,Since my car was under extended warranty, steering electric power unit was changed on 24-11-2011 at free of cost. But now again i.e in Nov 2013, just after 2 years when the mileage covered is 18636 km only . i.e. after running 7168 km, steering unit started giving noise and jerk.In the above condition, I request Hyundai to replace the power unit of steering at their own cost

Akshar IT Solution - Google Account Password and Recovery Email Changed
    Please help, as soon as possible, someone have change my...
    Dogs threat - Removal of dogs
    Hello sir, I leave at house no 996,Saraswati Vihar,...
    HDFC BANK / ONE ASSIST MFEE - Cancellation of ONE ASSIST & refund of money Without...
    I am a hdfc bank credit card holder. The bank has auto...
    scholership - didnot got the scholarship
    i am kalyani, i applied for scholarship in degree in the...
    paytm - Success
    Aamount of money is deducted secretly from my bank through...
    Loss of black bag - Lost bag with luggage
    I lost my black bag contains pendrive charger and some...
    Ravi Kumar - Regarding mistake in my father name
    Dear Sir/Mam, With due respect, I made a mistake in my...
    Airtel Dish Tv - Service Is to bad from customer care
    I have problem of Error Code 001 in the screen from...
    Indian Air Force AFRO PENSION WING - Pension
    Sir, I am ex sgt manoj kumar singh.my Date of...
    SSC - Not get registration number and password
    After registering have not get. Registration number and...