ICSE Board

Consumer complaints and reviews about ICSE Board

bijuvkm

Mar 22, 2019

ABOUT TC

I WANT KNOWN ABOUT ANY TIME DURATION, REGULATIONS FOR APPLING TC, MY SCHOOL AUTHORITRIES STRICTLY SAID THAT ANY APPLICATION FOR TC AFTER 30/03/2019, HAVE PAID NEXT YEAR 1ST TERM FEES FULLY FOR GETTING TC, IS THIS INFORMATION IS LEGALY VALID, ANY RULES ABOUT THIS
apakat

Mar 11, 2019

Ambiguos question in Geo paper 2019

A question was asked "which soil is formed by weathering of basic igneous rocks". The answer to this could be any of the 3 soils, black,red or laterite as all of them have a possibility of being formed from weathering of igneous rocks.Nothing specific was given in the textbook followed here FRANK MODERN CERTIFICATE GEOGRAPHY .So I request u to please consider this case AND not penalize the students,thanks
Jay Vardhan Tiwari

Mar 3, 2019

Errors in the question paper

Respected council
I, a resident of Lucknow, would like to bring to your kind notice that the history and civics examination held on Friday, had a handful of logical errors in it's question paper and a myriad of students from my school(St. Mary's Convent Inter College) and other schools(whom I know from my coaching) had fallen victims and are still confused if their doubt is right or not.

I, therefore, through this letter, would like to bring your kind attention to my problem and hope for a helpful solution.
Jay Vardhan.
Nailah

Feb 1, 2019

Icse syllabus for 9th

They are putting a lot of syllabus portions in our ICSe school .It is located in bengaluru .Our school name .St.francis xavier’s girl high school.Our principal is including so many portions in 9th std they have started with 10th portions also they have done almost 6 chapters in physics which are for 10th but they did the chapters in 9th and including in 10th.This is a lot of pressure on us students.Its like students have been pressurised.I got to know all this from my tution teacher who has an experienced in our school it is so bad a lot of students have been fallling sick because of this.The other achool have not even touched the syllabus from 10th only our school is doing a lot please check and tell
Rituparnaghosh2003

Oct 31, 2018

Project submission

The rough draft of computer application project was to be submitted today. I couldn't attend school today because of some problems in my house. Still I came to school at 12 to submit my project and then I left. My project was rejected by our principal. He said that he will not allow the absentees to submit any project. Whereas some of my classmates were absent today and their files were allowed to be submitted. I guess this is partiality. I want some strict actions to be taken. I want my marks because I didn't delay my submission date, so why should my file be rejected.
Saab ji

Oct 5, 2018

Exam time duration

Respected council members i am a student of mcs Mehtiana our syllabus is strictly acc to icse board and timing of math exam is 2 and half hrs but we re getting only 2 hrs wven tenth standars havinh 80 marks paper is getting 3 hrs to complte then why we r not getting we cant evwn complaint to our school they will not listen oue plz help us in overcoming tbis prblm
Sushant_Pandey

Oct 5, 2018

Unethical Class Schedules

The school running under ICSE board are already overloaded with the heavy syllabus. They pretend to be very strict but actually are running a facility who they think is not answerable to anyone. My sister is in such a school. They are running extra classes for class 8 students. This is way beyond the limit for showing that they are very serious about studies. Students in that age should have enough time for playing sports and pursue their passion. Burdening this much will only kill their creativity. I hope any authority responsible to come out in front and take some serious action on this. If want please contact me on my email: [email protected]
santosh.shukla

Oct 3, 2018

Character Loss

Respected Council,
My kids are studying in Divine Public School in Bangalore (Code KA108) wherein the school is very adamant in collection of re admission fees and that too only in cash. Had to spend nearly 3 hour's questioning on the same and the reply was want to construct new Building.

Secondly there are too many holidays been given and due to which every year the syllabus is not completed and moreover the school education system was really good 3 years back now even the student are not been groomed properly...Organizing Parties in the class (which even the teacher's join the parties) students are never encouraged to speak truth and inturn if any student speak the teacher threaten them and the education provided is no to heed to parents and listen only to the School management or Teacher's.

Thirdly I have a suggestion that atleast the visiting education inspector should interact with the parents and take the direct feedback from them or constitute an Ombudsman who will action when in need. There is a school co-ordinator who is never available and not co-operating.

I am afraid in order to provide quality education there might be a character loss in Kids.

Pls respond to my email ID [email protected]
icsepidit

Aug 22, 2018

Seeking Remedy

I am a Parent of Wisdom High International School, Nashik, Maharashtra. I chose ICSE board due to my belief in the structuring of its curriculum. I am compelled to write this mail as our school is trying to shift our children of Grade 8,9 and 10 to another premise.( The new premise is a CIPP curriculum premise but failed to secure enough admissions. To compensate the loss we the ICSE are forced to shift. This new premise is outside the Municipal limits.)
In the PTA meeting we rejected the proposal of the school unanimously. But the school is persistent and once we are registered with Board we will be unable to seek LC from the school. We contacted the media to intervene and stop the school from shifting. But unfortunately, child welfare is no longer the focus. The agenda is to only make profit.
I hope to receive a reply and a remedy along with it. The School has utterly failed in maintaining quality. The Breakfast served is substandard, the teachers are not qualified, each classroom is packed with 45- 47 children. We were promised 20 in each class. The fees are far higher than any other ICSE school in Nashik. If the Board desires to function while achieving greater trust, it must ideally look into the matter, carry a through inquiry and redress the situation.
I can only hope that this email is correctly addressed. Desperately seeking a remedy.

An anxious, helpless parent.
DISHAREE ROY

Jul 18, 2018

Sub:Grievance against the strict disciplinary but inhuman rules

I have the honour to bring your kind attention to the fact that my daughter Disharee Roy,a student of St. Mary's Higher Secondary School,New Cooch Behar,has passed her ICSE Examination,2018.But,it is regretted that some incidents that took place during the time of the Examination have left her soul miserably tormented.Being a father,I would like to relate the above mentioned incidents to you with the hope that no other student should again fall a victim to such circumstances anytime in future.
As per the 'Rules and Regulations' of the school,on every Monday,Tuesday and Thursday the students should wear Brown Uniform,On Fridays House Uniform but on every Wednesdays they must come in White Uniform. On the day of her History and Civics Exam, i.e.,on 07-03-2018 (Wednesday), she,being a strict follower of the rules laid down by school, went to the school in her White Uniform along with 12 other students. All these 13 ICSE candidates were forbidden to enter the Exam Hall at the scheduled time of entry, i.e.,10.45 a.m., saying that they would be allowed to enter the hall only after they had their Brown Uniform put on. According to the Principal of the school, if the Team of Supervisors found the students in any Uniform other than the Brown one, the paper of the examination would stand cancelled, though no such instructions was mentioned in the Guidelines provided by ICSE to the candidates. It took about 15 to 30 minutes for all the other students to be back in the Brown Uniform as their residences were quite near to the school. But, my house being 7 Kms. away from the school, it took me not less than 40 minutes to fetch her Brown Uniform inspite of driving as fast as possible through the busy city road.This period of 40 minutes seemed a never ending one both to me and my daughter who remained waiting outside the Examination Hall while her classmates were busy in writing the paper. After changing her Uniform, she rushed inside the examination hall. But she was extremely devastated and panic-stricken.She was so nervous that she felt her body trembling accompanied with pain in chest. It was very difficult for her at that moment to overcome that fear, anxiety and stress and calm herself to normalcy, thereby, affecting badly her overall performance. The news was such a sensation that even few Reporters reached the spot to cover the news though the main gate was not open for them.
I would like to know if there really exits such a strict disciplinary rule that is enough to ruin the career of a board examinee.
It is hoped that your good office would take enough initiative in quenching our thirst for knowing the above asked facts and queries. Floating amidst the ocean of misery and torment, I am looking forward to receiving a mail from your end.

Yours' faithfully,

Sujit Roy (Father of Disharee Roy)
B.S.Road, West of Bairagi Dhigi
suraj9761

May 23, 2018

Related to fees

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am here to share my view, by taking yearly fee in bulk .It is creating burden for every parent lt even make the parent to take loan .please think first every person is not rich
If you take school fee on monthly basis of then it will be best at least parent will not have any tension for how to pay the loan completely.

I hope you will check and implement this.
jairaj singh Chauhan

May 20, 2018

not provided books by now

respected sir,

i am a student of class 12 in chirstian english college chhatarpur (mp).Our school has not providing physics book till now
responsibles r not taking responsblity.
Sujal kumar gupta

May 18, 2018

To file a RTI against my paper checking of ISC EXAMINATION 2018

Sir/ma'am,
I sujal kumar gupta has recently given ISC board examination and iam unsatisfied or i would say i am shocked to see my marks in my history and economics subjects. It was confirm from my side that i will get 100 in history and atleast 90 in economics but in history i got 90 and in economics i got only 78 marks.
So kindly do me a favour and do some changes in icse examination that would include a whole recheck of the papaer rather than just a totalling rechecking of the paper on the complaint of the students. Me too wanted anyhow to recheck my whole paper as i am sure i am getting full 100 in history. Please tell me a procedure to file a RTI against rechecking of whole paper
venela2018

May 18, 2018

Mathematics & Science

With due respect l, father of Yadava Etheshwara Rao, humbly wants to request your kind office to recheck her Mathematics and Science papers. He had appeared for her ICSE Boards examination in 2018. After the results were out, find his marks less than expected in mathematics and science. We applied for the recheck of the said subjects through “careers.cisce.org” and “[email protected]”. However, we have not received any response from either council or School regarding the subjects. On enquiring the school, we got to know that the council itself had not send any information regarding above two subjects.
Henceforth, we are here to request you to recheck Yadava Etheshwara Rao Mathematics & Science papers and ventilate my grievances. I will be highly obliged if you look into my matter.

Unique I'd is 6791468.

Lavanyajeni

Apr 10, 2018

Register for society.

Sir/madam

My sons were studying in jayland madurai 4 and 5. As it's primary and nursery school they will send keswick.
But they will select only outstanding students only. My sons were studying from pre.k.g in jayland.
Most of the parents suffering to get admission into other schools.

Please kindly request them to allocate admission for my son's.

Please give ur contact number for any complaints.

Sir take it as issue from parents as serious.
Sonu_06

Mar 29, 2018

Excessive fees and book charges

I would like to bring to your information that the school in our locality which is affiliated to ICSE board- Divine Mercy School(Domjur,Howrah-711405), has been charging excessive amount of fees in the name of re-admission ,term fees & even festival charges, electricity charge. We parents are even forced to buy books from the school and even the stationery items ,also adding the cost of carnivals that are held by them and inordinately costing us more than 20-25thousand at the starting of the session only. They have also started pressuring the child by making them learn from books higher than their class. Like giving the child of class 6 the books of class 7 . People are getting a wrong impression about the board. On complaining the school authority fright the guardian by saying they will give t.c and to take away their child and admit them in any other govt. school. Such behavior is certainly not acceptable. Plus the school is taking 50thousand from the new admission childrenin the name of donations. Plzz look into the matter
rameshgoc

Feb 25, 2018

Math paper has no gap to prepare

This is very painful to mention that the time table prepared for ICSE class x 2018 has no gap to prepare for math examination.
CBSE time table is scheduled in such way that student can prepare exam. without stress. Your exam schedule
is stressful

Ramesh Gochhayat
Parent
Sk Md Arshad Iqbal

Jan 15, 2018

Urgent Schedule Of Icse class X exam.

I Sk Md Arshad Iqbal,One of the Student of ICSE council on behalf of all the class X Student of Sunshine Mission School Bhadrak Odisha beg to state that we all are facing problem due to such odd schedule of Math exam on 27th February 2018.i.e. without any gap after English Paper 1 on 26 February 2018.
We at least require 2 to 3 days for our math practice and that why we are begging for a gap for math exam.
I hope that you will pay attention to what I have written.ICSE Class X Exam will decide our future so we require more time to practice math so, that we can achieve good percentage in Board Exam.Please Dear Sir/Madam I wish that you will go through my problem and you will try to solve it.

Yours obediently
Sk Md Arshad Iqbal
rhuthwik

Jan 3, 2018

Subject Switch

Respected Sir/Madam

I am writing this complaint to bring to your notice a problem that my son experiences in his ICSE affiliated school. My son wishes to switch to a different subject after he has registered because he cannot cope up with the current subject (He had taken the subject because I had forced him to) and he has chosen and has an interest in the other subject. However, your board does not allow a change in subject and is not allowing my son to switch. My son wishes to know the answer to the following questions:

1) When children wish to switch why are they not permitted?

2) Why is the registration for the board exams done 1 year before the board exams? Why can't they be done 5 months before, when everyone has chosen the correct subjects?

3) Shouldn't it be made so that children are allowed to take whichever subject interests them even if they had chosen a different subject first? Why are they forced to struggle with the subject they realized they were not meant for a little late?
rhuthwik

Jan 3, 2018

Subject change

Respected Sir/Madam

1) When children wish to switch why are they not permitted?

asethi

Sep 22, 2017

teaching of the 10th std portion in 9th std- in mumbai schools

Respected sir/ ma'am,
I am writing this mail to you on behalf of all the parents of 9th std of one of the most reputed and prestigious schools in mumbai. I believe all the schools affiliated to ICSE have received a letter from the board stating that the schools are not supposed to start 10th std portion in 9th...the ones that do will face dire consequences.
I am actually repoting to you the facts that most of the schools- ( disclosing names will be unethical) - but we have gathered all the proofs....have already started the 10th term portions. Even most of the tution teachers have started.
I want to state clearly the dilemma our school children are facing.
1. No tution teachers are ready to take our kids be because we are lagging behind.
2. Our new academic year..that is std 10 will start by end of feb or 1st week of march 2018. By that time most of the schools will be way ahead and will have done quite a lot.
3. So effectively those kids will have about 4 months extra time, after completing their portion, to solve 10 year and 20 year past papers...which our kids will not be able to do.
4. Our kids and teachers will be struggling to finish the portion...about 25- 26 chps in history...24- 25 in math...lots in sciences.
When will they have time to solve even a few of the past papers. They have to by -heart the whole books!!!

Don't you think its unfair on our kids?

Even if the students of 9th go for tutions for 10th from now onwards, still they are fighting...because they have to deal with 2 classes- 9th for school and 10th in tuitions.

We all are stressed. Kindly find a way out please so that it is equal and fair for all the students appearing for ICSE boards.

All the parents and students of a highly ethical..principled school.
We are proud of our school and its principal.
asethi

Sep 22, 2017

studying of 10th std portion in 9th std- in mumbai schools

Respected sir/ ma'am,
I am writing this mail to you on behalf of all the parents of 9th std of one of the most prestigious schools in mumbai. I believe all the schools affiliated to ICSE have received a letter from the board stating that the schools are not supposed to start 10th std portion in 9th...the ones that do will face dire consequences.
I want to state clearly the dilemma our school children are facing.

Don't you think its unfair on our kids?

All the parents and students of a highly ethical..principled school.
We are proud of our school and its principal.
Rajeev Kulkarni

Sep 18, 2017

ICSE EATS MONEY

There are bunch of greedy idiots in ICSE board. They eat money in the name of re-evaluation. Shameless bastards!
Amanpanwar870

Sep 13, 2017

School teaches very poverly and students are very weak in studies

Amanpanwar870

Sep 13, 2017

School teaches very poverly and students are very weak in studies

I'm am a student from seventh-day Adventist English high secondary school icse. I have been observing that here teachers teaches very badly they only want that the child should complete its book in any situation. I'm in 10 std and here there are many students that even doesn't know the basics of maths and many subjects thought they are being simply pushed in 10std without any knowledge. So it's my request that the school should be checked by some officials and strict action should be taken on the principal. Here students are also punished by beating them very badly there are some teacher WO bang us very badly and the the principal and the headmaster beats us the most so please take a strict action on the principal or if possible just change the principal of our school and please don't give any information about me that I have complaint against the school orlese they would not give me marks and my paper will be checked strictly. So please its my humble request to take a strict action. Its my last year so I have already faced these problem only a bit time then I'll be free but I don't want other children to face any problem.please so something at least for India's future🙏