idea cellular

Consumer complaints and reviews about idea cellular

sandy_82

May 21, 2017

Excess bill charged (fake additions)

Dear Team

I am Sandip. My no is 9767203002.

My current bill has been excessively charged for GPRS and VAS download charges for ₹ 563+taxes.

I never use VAS and always use given data.
You can check my each and every bill till date.

I haven't used any extra internet nor downloaded any VAS.

Then why should I pay for that??

My only mistake was I paid extra ₹486 in last payment.

It is clear that wrong benefit is being taken with ₹563+tax burdening me and troubling more.

The moment I paid ₹1000 for last bill, promptly got message that your credit limit has been revised to ₹5000.

If service is so prompt then I would have received same prompt message also for complete usage of alloted data of 1GB...(its a system generated message)

I haven't received any such messages; how can it be--if I haven't used it totally??

How and why I download VAS...(if DND is activated on my no)...no such notification....

You are imposing me fake additional charges of ₹563+taxes....

And I am not going to pay those additional bucks for non used things....
P.Purna Vaishnavi

May 20, 2017

its being charged when talked to customer care on toll free number

Hi...

I have been using idea for 3 years...but its never happened that its being charged when talked to customer care on toll free number ....9826000198.
I have complained this thing to the customer care executive but they told me that its somewhat service charge and again told that it won't happen like this....
I don't understand that why its being charged on calling to a toll free number....

So kindly let me know that what's going on....and refund my money .....
quentinsebastian

May 19, 2017

Called my Family/Friends and asked to pay my bill

I am drafting this email on the basis of a incident that happened to me yesterday (May 18th 2017). Before the incident I would like to tell you that I have been a loyal postpaid customer from over 6 years. My number is 7350692323. I have always paid my due's through out my tenure with Idea except for some odd months in which what I do is I pay some amount and pay rest of the amount during next billing cycle.

Whenever such scenario's happen I get reminder call from Idea Customer Care asking for paying my bills. I tell them that in my next billing cycle I will pay but they never stop calling me, sometimes it happens that they call me multiple times a day and I tell them the same. It is really frustrating however I happen to ignore as it's their job.

Now yesterday it happened that I got a call from a Customer care executive demanding to pay my bills. I told him politely that I will pay it when my next bill is generated, however that executive was not willing to listen. He was very rude with his tone and language. It made me furious too and I told him once again clearly that I WOULD PAY MY DUE'S IN THE NEXT BILLING CYCLE. He was not ready to listen to me and I was forced to tell him that "You do what ever you want to do but I will pay when my next bill generates".

He told me that I should rather use Prepaid service if I cant pay Postpaid bills. After being a loyal Idea customer for over 6 years this was the last thing I was expecting. The story doesn't end here. After a little more conversation I disconnected the call, he kept on calling me. I picked the call but I dint speak. This happened couple of times.

Next what I see is my friends and family called me saying somebody from Idea called them stating that "I have not paid the phone bills and have asked them to pay the bills instead of me". Also to add, these numbers are not the alternate numbers which I have provided to Idea. The executive has gone in my call log and seen whom do I speak frequently and contacted them.

This is completely ABSURD, I WILL NOT AT ALL TOLERATE THIS, AS IT"S A BREACH OF MY PRIVACY . How dare IDEA have the right to contact my friends and family without my consent. I want to file a Defamation Case against Idea and would request your help in the procedures.

Looking forward for some help.

P.S.: Below are the number's from which me and my friends got the calls.

1) 9011078586

+91-7350692323
yeshudasjiotode

May 9, 2017

Migration from postpaid to prepaid is not happening from last 5 requests

Raised a request 1st time for migration and it was cancelled on 27/04/2017 for some technical issues (Idea fault).

Went to idea store on 27/04/2017, raised request for 2nd time. The message came on 29/04/2017 that "request could not process at the moment due to outstanding in your postpaid account" (This time it was my fault as data was consumed in between and the unbill amount of appr. Rs. 450 was generated) so the request was cancelled.

Again went to Idea store on 29/04/2017, cleared all unbill amount, paid some extra amount (they said deposit on pro-rata basis) and raised a request for 3rd time. This time I all my account bill was clear and i have not used my idea connection for either calling or for data. Still I got message from Idea on 03/05/2017 stating the same reason as above and the request was cancelled.

I went to Idea store again on 03/05/2017, asked him (the representative at idea store) for a reason for cancellation of my request. He replied, "I can only raise a request from here and don't know the reason for cancellation, you should ask idea customer care the reason for cancellation". I had faith that this time it won't happen again and raised request for 4th time after depositing some amount (he said it as deposit on pro-rata basis). and it happened again, a message from idea came on 03/05/2017 stating the same reason again (outstanding in your account). I immediately called idea customer care (12345) asked her reason for cancellation. She replied, "your account bills are cleared and also the deposit amount is more that sufficient". I asked, "then why request is being cancelled again and again". She replied, " Sir this is due to some technical issues with idea, we are sorry for that". I asked her to take my request online but she refuessed and told me to go to idea store again. I mean how much time I have to go to idea store for the mistake of idea???

Still I went to idea store on 05/05/2017, this time it was for raising request for 5th time. Asked him to take my request again for 5th time (this time the representative also tired of taking my request). He raised my request again for 5th time. And it happened again, the request was cancelled for same reason (outstanding in your account) on 08/08/2017. I called customer care right after receiving that message from idea. Told him all the story as I explained above and asked him why are you (idea cellular) are doing this with me. I also asked him to check my bills and deposit. He confirmed that all things are clear from me but due some technical issue the request was cancelled and asked me to GO TO IDEA STORE AND RAISE A REQUEST AGAIN (seriously..??????). I have recorded the call this time, but since here I can only upload video or picture, I have not attached anything.

This time also requested him to take my request online but he refuessed by saying we can not take request online. Then what is the use of internet and all these technologies if every time i have to go to that idea store (faltu store) to raise a request that will going to be cancelled in next 2-3 days for no reason (or faltu reason to be specific).

This time I am completely frustrated with this all. I am both mentally as well as physically harassed. I am working guy and usually don't have much time left for myself after office hours and due to such acts (you can say criminal acts, as they force peoples to do physical work for their own mistakes). But these peoples (idea cellular) are forcing there customer to stay in their network by doing these silly acts (completely disappointed). If I go to idea store to raise a request again, they will first ask for deposit and again cancel my request. I think due to Reliance Jio, Idea found a new way for earning money by harassing people like this.

IDEA SHOULD STOP THIS NON SENSE. I AM MENTALLY TORTURED BY IDEA. AND IF NECESSARY, I WILL FILE A CASE AGAINST IDEA FOR THIS. IDEA SHOULD TAKE MY REQUEST ONLINE AND RESOLVE IT IMMEDIATELY AND ALSO IDEA SHOULD PAY ME INSTEAD AS I WENT TO IDEA STORE FOR MORE THAN 5 TIMES THAT WASTED MY PRECIOUS TIME AS WELL AS MONEY.
shishirdutt

Apr 25, 2017

Cheating/Fraudster/Zero Customer Care

Never use Idea, it is a network of cheats and fraudsters, port out of this network immediately.What reliance used to do earlier, idea is doing now. Cheats!!!! Everytime their billing is fraudulently wrong and then they fail to take any care of their customers upon complaints. Sleeping nincompoops, dacoits, cheats, thieves, anti-nationals, anti-public, financial terrorits, financial naxalites, financial maoists, commercial dacoits. Cheats !! Cheats!!!!!, Cheats!!!!!!!!
An IDEA service can SPOIL all your ideas, spoil your business, spoil you time, energy and money, DEFRAUD you of all your possessions, CHEAT you so badly that you will remember all your life, and definitely by doing this can CRIPPLE your life which is definitely a change which you are claiming
vijayrsonawane

Apr 16, 2017

Very weak signal strength

Very poor signal at my residence in wakad ,kalakhadak area . Many time no signal at all. I fear of getting more radiation associated with poor Idea cellular network signal strength. Please resolve this issue.
manojlaad

Apr 14, 2017

Service Related

Its not first time I am witnessing worst services of Idea Cellular. Earlier being an Aditya Birla Employee I was bound to choose Idea service for my bills to get reimbursed.

no doubt they are good in network that's the reason only I chosen Idea cellular network in spite of high tariff.

But their customer care service are worst across industry what I experienced.

Recent case: I am having an idea postpaid connection, due to low usage I visit Idea outlet and tried to submit postpaid to prepaid request. for a period of a month they did not accept my request giving reason that they do not have stock of sim. Its strange that any Aditya Birla unit performing like this not maintaining inventory.

After a month time on 10th April 2017 finally they have take request and request closure time was 16:06 pm 12/04/2017. on 11th April evening my mobile lost network from post paid sim. Outlet executive informed that your connection will not remain in service for one full day, and when I found that one and half days passed away I visit to Idea outlet today morning to enquire about same. I shocked when they gave me one another prepaid sim and tell that you have to wait for another one full day for activation. They are not even bother about problem I am facing due to non activation of sim. My mobile responding number is not in service from last 2 days. Try to understand Idea people that it affect personal image also.

Worst customer care services ever seen. One more day passed away but no change

Apr 6, 2017

Hi Mansoor,

As per your recent telecon with our customer service associate, we wish to affirm that your aforesaid concern has been discussed and resolution has been communicated. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

Maroof
salman2425

Apr 5, 2017

About incoming call on idea

Since last month I am facing problem for incoming call on my idea number +91 7276700399. I followed all the instruction which is given by customer care executive like disable call forwarding option (which is already disabled ), called a number ##21# to disable call forwarding. I talked so many time with customer care executives.
Still I am facing problem for incoming call.
prashant1990

Apr 3, 2017

Not activating my sim

I have changed my sim from postpaid to prepaid. 3 days prior my postpaid sim stooped working. And then I have changed my given sim but it is not yet activated. I see no signal till now.

Please activate it.

My number is - 9826046895
V R Bhide

Apr 2, 2017

recharge not done

Rs. 300/- paid through internet for mobile no 8605.894630 recharge. Payment confirmed - ref no. IHDF249689976. Mobile not yet recharged.
Soniya Pawar

Apr 1, 2017

Block My Sim

I m for a tour outside India and now i have lost my Mobile phone.

Request you to kindly block my idea prepaid sim bearing mobile no +919689071344

My Name is Soniya Hadage.

Soniya Pawar

Mar 29, 2017

Hi Mansoor,

As per your telecon with our customer service associate on 29th March 2017, we wish to inform you that we are working on your concern & shall revert to you at the earliest.

Mar 28, 2017

Hi Mansoor,

Sincere apologies from us. We have your contact details and we will get back to you shortly.

Mar 26, 2017

RE: Unable to send any messages

We were unable to get in touch on the number given by you, please provide a date and time more convenient to you for us to have your issue resolved.

JRuata

Mar 25, 2017

Unable to send any messages

I am unable to send any messages from my Idea SIM. I also have an Airtel SIM, which works perfectly fine (I put Airtel SIM in Slot 2).

Thinkig that it might me the smartphone's problem, I therefore, have also switched my Idea SIM card to Slot 2, but failed to work. So, it's not the phone problem, but clearly the Idea SIM problem. I have good network signal and internet data is working perfectly. Please, fix it..

My number is 7057345330.
rj_trex

Mar 12, 2017

SIM registration and activation

I took new SIM ,three days back.but still i am unable to use my SIM ,as it's still in inactive mode.
All documents submitted properly and also my friend got verification call two days back.
I have also received confirmation regarding SIM activation.PFA.
Still i am unable to find any network coverage.
Also i dialled customer care multiple times,but i get to hear same thing again and again to wait for 72 hours.

Can someone please help me asap.

Ravi

SIM registration and activation

mansoor bhagat

Mar 2, 2017

cheating

dear concern,
i had given request to port my number 9096200403 from post paid to prepaid
the company cheated me by saying that they had called me and i agreed to reverse my decision
the even stopped my data services i had given request three times
kindly consider that i am a senior citizen

regards mansoor t bhagat
mobile num 9096200403

Feb 25, 2017

RE: Invaild Disconnection

Hi Vishal,

As per your telecon with our customer service associate on 24th Feb 2017, we wish to affirm that your aforesaid concern has been discussed and resolution has been communicated. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

arunzz41

Feb 22, 2017

Cutting Rs3 for something i didn't subscribe

Today (22/02/2017) i received a message from 55955, saying
"Thanks for giving your consent. You have been charged 3 Rs for a day .Now Dial any number and indulge in unlimited fun !" .
I didn't subscribed to anything, called the customer care immediately , they said they can't do anything about it. this is not the first time they are cutting money without my consent,
The same thing happened to me earlier also, (on 21/10/2016 and 08/01/2017). i have been a customer of idea for the last 4 to 5 years. please do take necessary action so that my money is refunded.
this is not about money but about the way idea taking money from the customer.i want a refund, and an assurance that this thing will not happen again.

mob No: 9689363375

Feb 21, 2017

RE : Invaild Disconnection

Hi Vishal,

As per your telecon with our customer service associate on 21st February 2017, we wish to inform you that we are working on your concern & shall revert to you at the earliest.

Suhas

Feb 21, 2017

RE: wrong offers and cutting money

Hi Tejas,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your Idea mobile number and alternate contact number so that we are able to assist you. You can also visit our website, www.ideacellular.com or call 198 from your Idea mobile.

Feb 20, 2017

RE : Invaild Disconnection

Hi Vishal,

We understand your concern and regret the inconvenience. We have noted your concern. We will get back to you soon.

Mak
vishalsales

Feb 20, 2017

Invaild Disconnection

I am writing to you in regards to the diconnection of outgoing and Internet services on my number 8087640630. My number is been diconnected since a week and I am being utterly inconvenienced with this and there is absolutely no fault of mine in this. This all started when one of your representatives called and asked to get on a better plan of unlimited national and local calls and 1GB data for 800 something and this plan was activated mid cycle due to which I incurred charges for data to the tune of Rs 900/- as the previous plan was then charged on a per day basis.

In my previous plan as well as on my current plan I was completely covered for data and now you sent me a bill for 2000+ rupees.

I have spoken to two different reps on the phone and both of them assured me of waiving of the charge for data but everytime I call the next rep says there is nothing of this sorts in the notes and ask me to visit a nearest IDEA STORE. This is absolutely absurd and I am gonna take some action if this is not sorted at the earliest.

Looking forward to a quick resolution for the same.
Tejas gajbhiye

Feb 15, 2017

wrong offers and cutting money

idea cellular company Giving online offers.
in their offer they are mentioning on 247 rupees online recharge you will get 100 rupees talktime and 1GB of internet data of 3G/4G.
after activation of this service from internet a second window pops which again says to enter an OTP .In this window customer gets confused and company is not mentioning any service related activation charges and people enter OTP and some servive gets activated cutting the talktime balance.This kind of misleading by the idea company and wrongly cutting customers money is not good. and talking with the customer service for refund they do not entertain and keep transferring the cals from one executive to other and everyone again asking the same questions again and again which makes the customers irritated and blame the customer only for such activation. This kind of service should be changed