idea cellular

Consumer complaints and reviews about idea cellular

roam-online

Dec 14, 2017

no data service

prepaid 446 frc -84days (1000min/week or 250min/day std+local + 1gb 3g/4g data per day) received sms to that effect soon after recharge. after approx 15 days, data plan doesn't work. called up customer care. visited idea stores. they want me to "recharge".. don't know y. chatted with cust care. opened complaint.. apparently, they will take 4 days to "resolve" it..
interestingly, if i disable isd, std is also disabled. not sure if every cellular operator operates this way.

no data service no data service no data service

Bharat Sharma

Dec 3, 2017

Misbehaviour of customer care

The customer care ask me about date of birth of me and when I ask why u want my date of birth then misbehaviour was start

Check my last customer care contact on 3 December 2017 time 11:05 near
Baride

Dec 1, 2017

Network issue

I am using Lava X3 handset, i am facing idea network range problem since last 10 days, yesterday I updated my handset with latest software but the problem is with idea low range, i checked with other companies sim it's showing high range, so please check and do the needful.
arohi97

Nov 27, 2017

Porting from post paid to pre paid

The Idea Team
Pune

Sir/Madam,
This complaint is regarding my Idea no. which I want to port from post paid mode to pre paid mode. I visited Idea centre, located near my place to have my mode of payment converted from post paid to pre paid.

At my first visit, my request was denied. Reason being that billing of my Idea no. was still on and was told to come once I pay the current month's bill. It was completely acceptable. After paying for that month, I again visited the centre. This time the reason was even more interesting: sorry ma'am, right now we are out of pre paid sim cards. Further, I was told to visit after some days. I am a student and it gets extremely difficult for me to commute to the centre now and then taking time out of my hectic schedule. Isn't there any online way to port my Idea no. from post paid to pre paid mode ?
Kindly revert.

Arohi Bhate
Email Id: arohi.bhate16@vit.edu
Heraldaranha

Nov 6, 2017

Unauthorizeded deduction of balance

Hi ,
There is unauthorizeded deduction of RS 150 from my idea account. There was no concent for such transaction from me. Idea balance was deducted was unauthorizeded and company refused to take action. Request to provide the credit and stop such unauthorizeded transaction. pH number impacted 9880536165. Idea cellular is not ready to acknowledge that there is no concent from me for transaction.not even ready to register a complaint.

Attached is screen print of unauthorizeded transaction.

Herald

Unauthorizeded deduction of balance

Chandrakant Kothari

Nov 6, 2017

VAS activation without prior permission

My cellular service provider ( Idea ) had activated VAS without my prior permission in last 6 months and debited charges for it from my balance. After debiting my money from my main balance they gave me option for deactivation of service which is not so simple.
Nor have they reimbursed my balance.
They had debited around Rs. 500 in this period.
They have adopted unethical method by enforcing their product to customer which is unethical way of their business practice.
I visited their Gallery asking for refund for such VAS for which they confused me saying that it may happen due to Apps ads coming while browsing. Only option given was to deactivate VAS service.
Today, I have searched on Google in this regard , I found there are many customers like me who are facing same issue.

I am demanding to them to credit my money.
Chandrakant Kothari
09822042152
Akash Neel

Oct 25, 2017

regarding to recharges

In last month I had prepaid plan (i.e. 404 Rs for 3 months & they gave me UNLIMITED CALLS & 1GB/DAY). Now my validity is over and I want to recharge in the same plan but now they give me a hopeless offer (i.e. 498 Rs for 2 months & they gave me UNLIMITED CALLS & 1GB/DAY).

This is not about 'how service providers make us fool' this is about 'SYSTEM which is responsible to control them'

openly service providers making loot but seems there were no laws of government in order to control the price of DATA.....

THANK YOU BULLSHIT IDEA CELLULAR.
kale.kishor@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2017

Portability with false commitment

Idea representative call me for portability of 299 STD and local calls unlimited and PER Day 1GB Dada even he has send me SMS from 9921054650 (Mr Balaji) dated 9 Oct 17,So I did portability to IDEA.Now Plan is active 350 & 1 GB data per month.Now representative mobile is inactive I had mail & call customer care no body look in out & not ready to do portability to previous operator.Below no is for portability.

Kishore kale.

Portability with false commitment Portability with false commitment

Aditi barche

Oct 21, 2017

CAlling & internet service

I am facing the internet & calling connectivity problem with idea network. I chose idea because it used to be the best service provider in cellular networks but from past few months there has been a lot of problems in connecting calls,call dropout, calling but other person not able to hear me properly as well as the internet speed is pathetic. I recharged for 4G internet pack and they are not even providing me 2G speed. Its very frustrating when you cant even google things with this speed of internet.
If this problem persists i would simply just change my service provider from idea to other network.
Very much dissapointed with IDEA..!!
Kritika16

Sep 13, 2017

Recharges and unsatusfactory service

I am a cust. Of idea from last 4years, I do not get a satisfactory response of idea ever.
The Cust care of idea are too rud. And when we try to contact , its never be connected in 1st attempt.
Minimum 4 5 times when we call then it connect,and they have hold the call 15 20 min. Then talk again put hold for 10min,or most of times they directly disconnect the call.

Regards.
ijafshan

Sep 7, 2017

Activation of VAS without permission

The Idea cellular service provider activating value added service without my permission. They did this twice hence I call the customer care they speak very rude, not ready to me blaming me only.

This is really bothering me if no action taken on priority will take it to TRAI or else move to another service provider.

I hope you will take further action as I am your genuine old customer.

Ijas Shaikh
pvk2631995

Sep 7, 2017

After requesting Port, offered me Special recharge and no benifits has been given after recharge

I requested for port on my Idea Number 8380074049, Immediately, idea executive called me and offered Rs 404 recharge, giving 1GB/day and unlimited Local + STD for 84 days. SR No for this special recharge is ST 1-############.

After recharging Rs. 404 , i didn't get the benefits that idea promised, instead i got 5Gb limited data and Unlimited calling for just 50 days.

I reached to Idea customer care, First they took complaint (1-############) but after some time when I called again , they refused to give the promised offer and didnt refunded money.

I also mailed idea (customercare@idea.adityabirla.com) but no response, please help me.

Pavan Khachane
jude.aloysius

Sep 4, 2017

Service Stopped abruptly

I had recently ported to Idea from airtel by submitting all my documents asked by the agent..and took 1 week to get the sim and another 2 days to get service started. After the long wait, the service finally started only to get stopped again today.My outgoing services have been blocked.I called up your support guy. He said some documents are missing and I should call the person who gave me the sim.
Your agent, Nilima(9970545350) who had ported me to Idea, does not pick up my calls
I was not given any intimation about this and my services stopped abruptly.
This is the service we get in India, no accountability, pathetic customer service no value for customer problems.

I am going to report this to consumer forumcourt with very little hope that some action will be taken.

Jude Aloysius
Prafull Mane

Sep 1, 2017

Charges debits for IZ-ideaCMS

Following msg i received

thank you for downloading Animation from Nazara.
You have been charged Rs. 100

That chages are debited to me
Please help me in to this
AmolKetkar

Sep 1, 2017

Useles 4G service and customer care

I have subscribed for the Ultimate 499 plan for Idea 4G in Pune. Since past month and more, the 4G speeds have dropped so much that it is slower than 2G and many times not available. I have complained to them on their Tweeter handle. Apart from posting copy pasted responses they have not been able to resolve the issue. I have been Idea customer since last 8+ years and the quality, customer care and efficiency to resolve issue has plummted significantly. They have become absolute incompetent to handle customer issue.
Ashish S Desai

Aug 25, 2017

VAS services

Its request to you to please remove these automatic activation of VAS servi├žes . My balance gets deducted by 5Rs every time due to these. This is the request to you please deactivate this from my no. Otherwise I will report. Just a worst company I had ever seen.
Contact no.- 7083041881
Please deactivate that automatic activation
How can you company activate these kind of services directly without permission of customer?
Abhijit Jadhav22

Aug 22, 2017

Rejecting Prtablity request

I had provided Number Portablity request twice to Idea cellular for my number 9960223024 but they have rejected stating that outstanding dues.The payment was made in complete and infact had balance in negative but still rejected.I had lodged a comliant to idea appellate authority but in vain.No response.First request was put on 29 July and second on 16th Aug 2017.I have made repeated calls but nobody is ready to answer and no body responds to mails.The serive reception is such that always the number is not reachable.Complianted about that too but bluntly idea told they cannot resolve the issue.So I put a portability request that to is rejected.This is the kind of harresmane tdone by idea cellular to the Customer.
Please take action against them and resolve my issue of portability.
Rgds,
Abhijit Jadhav
abhijitjadhav22@gmail.com
amit_ah2007

Aug 22, 2017

Call Barring

Idea can never change your life, it will suck you. They have unnecessarily barred my calls on the no 9730090006. I was paying the bills very regularly. I do not understand whats the issue with these people. Its the worst service from Idea. Never go with Idea Jio is much better than them
starnaresh2k

Aug 21, 2017

Deposit Amount not received even after long folloups

I have tried to connect with Idea team many times but always got false promises for dispatching of cheque. I wrote many mails to Idea applet authority but they also seen ignorant as that of Idea customer care team.
Not since last 6 months i am doing follow for my deposit amount and no positive response received so far. my last communication to idea is on 16 Aug 2017. in that auto acknowledge mail they said that i will get response within 48 hours. such responses i received may times (30+ times) but is of no use. no one responded back positively. sometime i seen text message that someone contacted me for the query resolution. that text was also false as on that specific day i have not received single call from Idea. overall pathetic team efforts by #Idea team. same with their nodal team. now waiting for my amount to be get credited.
babs2004

Aug 14, 2017

Mobile Number Portability is not happening

I have a complain to make, I am trying to port my number i.e. 9881725771 from Idea to Vodafone. Even after keeping sufficient balance in my post paid number account. The porting request got rejected two times. Second time it got rejected for a reason "Prohibited under the law of court". I am really not sure what status is that. Can someone please help me resolve this case? Or guide what should I do in case this happens.

I suspect Idea people are not willing to release the number.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Babasaheb Shinde
shirish92

Aug 7, 2017

regarding postpaid to prepaid migration. prepaid no. is still not activated after 10 days

This is the worst service ever i saw from idea.
I am using idea service from last 10 years and from 2010, I am using idea postpaid. On 27th july, I have migrated my postpaid idea no. to prepaid. I submitted this request from "My Idea store ". They had submitted my request and given me new prepaid sim and said please come to idea store for thumb impression after 2 days of your postpaid connection closed. My postpaid no. was closed on 31st july. I went to the idea store after 2 days when my postpaid connection was closed. Then they told me that we have entered wrong prepaid sim no. while submitting the request, so they had taken prepaid sim back and given me a new one and told me that it will get activated in 1 or 2 days but now its been 7 days and still my no. is not activated. These Idea store people saying me that there is some error in system and we have mailed your concern to idea.. This is really a pathetic service from idea. I am really frustrated due to this as my no. is not working since last 10 days.

Please activate my idea prepaid no. If you are giving such poor service then I will not recommend any one to use idea service.. even i will also not want to be with idea family if i am getting such pain.

Shirish Nagre
shirish.nagre@gmail.com
Sim Card Number: 89911100000400710878
sandyrp88

Jul 29, 2017

Faulty deduction from prepaid balance

Rs. 70 deducted twice from my idea prepaid number. Customer care is useless these days.
Wooooo

Jul 28, 2017

Regarding customer care and idea services

Worst system of idea customer care.. I m trying to connect frm last four days bt nt response frm idea customer care. I had recharge of 348 fr getting 1gb daily internet benefits bt I have been get only 1 gb internet . this same issue was happened with me in last month also but that time they refund some amount and gave assurance abt in next month u will nt face the same issue.. so i m porting the idea sim to other network.. I m using this idea frm last 6 yrs bt due to customer care and its cellular silly mistakes and worst services i dnt want to stay anymore in this network..
YogendraThorat@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2017

Re: Incorrectly charged for usage charges- complaint no. E1-94097343520

Re: Incorrectly charged for usage charges- complaint no. E############
This is again repeated, I am charged again incorrectly this month and none of your customer care service numbers are able to connect.I will need to escalate it further I guess, I will take necessary steps.
Wasted my time getting help from idea customer care service.

Yogendra Thorat
abolisasane

Jul 11, 2017

SIM not activated

I have upgraded to 4G sim.. however its more than 12 hours SIM is still not activated
I have been trying to contact Customer care since 10 Pm untill 6 am in morning
NObody answered the call.. Tried calling all possible nos
12345,198,9822012345,0206641222.. Seems no body is bothered to answer..
Total Disappointment is IDEA Services...

WORST SERVICE PROVIDER

I hope still if somebody could help please get this activated

RELIANCE M N P PROBLEM - Regarding port number
    Please provide port number for 7488226783.....i have tried...
    SSC - General
    Worst site of SSC ... CHSL
    SSC - General
    Contact for any assistance regarding SSC CHSL 9125974888..
    BMTC - EXTRA TICKET FARE AND MOLESTY
    On 17th December around at 2:10 pm conductor of BMTC bus...
    MCD - Unauthorised Construction
    The house no B- 8/12 Vasant Vihar New Delhi-110057...
    SSC Cgl 2017 Online Application Issue - Error cannot connect to the server
    Sir/madam , I registered to the chsl form and attached...
    Spicejet - wrongly charged for excess baggage
    Hi Team This is a complaint about Spice Jet charging for...
    registered post - for not posted VP Letter
    My track consignment number is RT513629734IN of VP Letter...