idea cellular

Consumer complaints and reviews about idea cellular

Ranjit Kadam

Jun 21, 2017

Internet not working

I have been facing mobile internet connectivity issue from last 15 days for my account (Account Number: ############). Initially on 9th June I was told that the data has been overused and the new quota would be allocated on 12th June. On 13th June there was no internet so I called customer care again. I was told to make setting changes in my mobile and the steps would be provided via. SMS. Since I did not receive any SMS, I again called customer care and this time they suggested to change the SIM to 4G.

I was very frustrated with the different information from various customer executives and then I escalated the matter to Idea appellate authority. I was told that the issue would be resolved by 19th June and was advised to change the SIM card to 4G. I changed the SIM card and there was still no connectivity. I sent an email to Idea appellate authority again and then I was told that my handset should be compatible with 4G. Anyways my handset is compatible with 4G. With all these back and forth discussions, I am extremely frustrated and need Idea to resolve this matter at the earliest.

Its hard to believe that with a long relationship of 15 years with Idea, I had to experience this.
iSagar

Jun 19, 2017

My prepaid balance of Rs. 132.4 suddenly became Rs. 0

Today 19 June 2017 at 12:48 PM my prepaid balance shows Rs. 132.4
At evening 8:00 pm, I saw 4 SMS messages from 54300.
Message 1 at 6:02 pm says: Thank You. We have Received your request for service Thumbr and it is being processed.
Message 2 at 6:02 pm says: Your Thumbr has been activated. Amount charged is Rs 35.00/- for 1 Week, renewal charge is Rs 35.oo@1week as applicable. To deactivate sms STOP to 155223, click http://goo.gl/zzMciJ Your balance is Rs 72.92/-
Message 3 at 7:33 pm says: Your Fun Videos has been activated. Amount charged is Rs. 35.00/- for 1 Week, renewal charge is Rs 35.oo@1week as applicable. To deactivate sms STOP to 15522, click http://bit.ly/2eQPVCp Your balance is Rs. 15.44/-
Message 4 at 7:33 pm says: Thank You. We have Received your request for service Fun Videos and it is being processed.

I have not requested any of such service. As soon as I saw above SMSs, Immeadiately I checcked my balance it shows Rs. 0.

How someone can activate any such unwanted services and deduct my money ?

My prepaid balance of Rs. 132.4 suddenly became Rs. 0

mahendraraut

Jun 17, 2017

Idea forcing me to pay bill for the period of non usage and filed case against me in lok adalat

I got call from number 07065917753 (Lady who said she is calling from Delhi Lok Adalat -
named Priyanka Sharma ) said that I have not paid the internet bill for 2 months (ICMS - idea cellular - postpaid).
The reason I did not paid the bill because my account was suspended by idea around 10 days and I was not able to use service.
My internet connection was not working. Still she is asking me to pay the full bill and settle the matter.She threatened me to forward case file to court procedure if not settled.
I have all email communication from idea mentioning my account suspension date and resume date for which they sent me bill for full month.

I have called their customer service representative few times to stop my internet connection and send correct bill. But still they forced to use service for another month and sent me bill for two full month with late payment fine.

Such telecom companies are looting customers by forcing their service and threatening them use Legal case so that customers should suffer for their wrong doing.

What should be my course of action ?

Mahendra
anand04snk@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2017

no response for prepaid customers

I am using Aircel SIM and i want to port to Idea prepaid. Idea has an option on their website to make an application for portability option. i registered twice on the website for prepaid connection and no response from Idea. later i registered for postpaid connection very next minute i got call from idea. seems like idea is planning to stop prepaid plans. very bad policy from idea never expected this
Shiny30

Jun 15, 2017

Postpaid bills even after deactivation of SIM card

I told your executive to deactivate my SIM as it was no more required by me. But your customer just temporarily deactivated the sim and told me that the sim is deactivated permanently. And the networks were also not available in my sim. There were no dues left as I paid the previous bill.
Now I have received ₹622 as my bill for the months in which the sim was closed . There are late payment charges too which have been added month after month . When I talked to your executive he said there was some misunderstanding by us and he's saying that they'll clear it out but still I've received one more bill .

Please clear it out ASAP.

Phone no. 7056701212
prajakt.r

Jun 13, 2017

Deposit amount not returned

In Jan 17 I changed to prepaid services. Before that I provided Aadhaar for address change. When new sim was issued again I gave Aadhaar for address proof. I was promised that at new address within 45 days I will receive a cheque or DD of the deposit amount.
Even after 60 days I didn't receive anything. When check at one of the outlets, I was told to be patient and process is going on. All of a sudden i receive an email saying insufficient address. That means either the cheque was not issued or address has not been properly updated in their systems by their (in) competent executives.
Then again I visited their outlet and was told to wait 10-15 days. Since Mar 17 I have been following up with them. Again twice I was asked for address and then again silence. No response. Hopeless service.
dsbaoni

Jun 8, 2017

Wrong billing calculation for Roaming Bill

I had visited Bhutan from 8th May to 14th May, for which I had activated international roaming on my Idea Number. As they had no International Roaming Packaging for Bhutan, the Data usage charges were told as Rs.5 / per 10KB of data.

The bill generated later for the billing cycle Showed Data consumption of 165 MB. For which the bill was charged Rs.1,69,190/- + taxes.

2 times Complaints were raised with Idea for Bill discrepancy and seeking explanation. Everytime it was closed saying it is correct without any details and explanation.

Need to know how the calculation has been done.

Idea Account No: ############
eesha411@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2017

Balance deduction

Tried to call idea customer service many times but no proper number provided anywhere. Facing balance deduction from last 4 days. Requesting idea service center to look after the problem. Sent me a mail or reply here for further communication. Email me at eesha411@gmail.com
rrusummer

May 28, 2017

Benefits not credited to my account

Upon received notification on Idea App (Android) I have recharged my idea number 9175008833 with Rs 497 on 10th may 2017 for benefit idea to idea unlimited calling + Idea to other 3000 Mins + 1.5 GB per day with validity 70 days but I have not received the fully benefit.
Service Request number ############dated 14th May 2017. On 16th May 2017 idea customer care lady called me and accepted the problem and given the 374 Rs talk time even i was not ready for that ..Even i mailed to appellate.mh@idea.adityabirla.com i got the pathetic response i have recharged for what I should get that.

Please look in to this i am attaching the screen shot for reference

Benefits not credited to my account Benefits not credited to my account

sandy_82

May 21, 2017

Excess bill charged (fake additions)

Dear Team

I am Sandip. My no is 9767203002.

My current bill has been excessively charged for GPRS and VAS download charges for ₹ 563+taxes.

I never use VAS and always use given data.
You can check my each and every bill till date.

I haven't used any extra internet nor downloaded any VAS.

Then why should I pay for that??

My only mistake was I paid extra ₹486 in last payment.

It is clear that wrong benefit is being taken with ₹563+tax burdening me and troubling more.

The moment I paid ₹1000 for last bill, promptly got message that your credit limit has been revised to ₹5000.

If service is so prompt then I would have received same prompt message also for complete usage of alloted data of 1GB...(its a system generated message)

I haven't received any such messages; how can it be--if I haven't used it totally??

How and why I download VAS...(if DND is activated on my no)...no such notification....

You are imposing me fake additional charges of ₹563+taxes....

And I am not going to pay those additional bucks for non used things....
P.Purna Vaishnavi

May 20, 2017

its being charged when talked to customer care on toll free number

Hi...

I have been using idea for 3 years...but its never happened that its being charged when talked to customer care on toll free number ....9826000198.
I have complained this thing to the customer care executive but they told me that its somewhat service charge and again told that it won't happen like this....
I don't understand that why its being charged on calling to a toll free number....

So kindly let me know that what's going on....and refund my money .....
quentinsebastian

May 19, 2017

Called my Family/Friends and asked to pay my bill

I am drafting this email on the basis of a incident that happened to me yesterday (May 18th 2017). Before the incident I would like to tell you that I have been a loyal postpaid customer from over 6 years. My number is 7350692323. I have always paid my due's through out my tenure with Idea except for some odd months in which what I do is I pay some amount and pay rest of the amount during next billing cycle.

Whenever such scenario's happen I get reminder call from Idea Customer Care asking for paying my bills. I tell them that in my next billing cycle I will pay but they never stop calling me, sometimes it happens that they call me multiple times a day and I tell them the same. It is really frustrating however I happen to ignore as it's their job.

Now yesterday it happened that I got a call from a Customer care executive demanding to pay my bills. I told him politely that I will pay it when my next bill is generated, however that executive was not willing to listen. He was very rude with his tone and language. It made me furious too and I told him once again clearly that I WOULD PAY MY DUE'S IN THE NEXT BILLING CYCLE. He was not ready to listen to me and I was forced to tell him that "You do what ever you want to do but I will pay when my next bill generates".

He told me that I should rather use Prepaid service if I cant pay Postpaid bills. After being a loyal Idea customer for over 6 years this was the last thing I was expecting. The story doesn't end here. After a little more conversation I disconnected the call, he kept on calling me. I picked the call but I dint speak. This happened couple of times.

Next what I see is my friends and family called me saying somebody from Idea called them stating that "I have not paid the phone bills and have asked them to pay the bills instead of me". Also to add, these numbers are not the alternate numbers which I have provided to Idea. The executive has gone in my call log and seen whom do I speak frequently and contacted them.

This is completely ABSURD, I WILL NOT AT ALL TOLERATE THIS, AS IT"S A BREACH OF MY PRIVACY . How dare IDEA have the right to contact my friends and family without my consent. I want to file a Defamation Case against Idea and would request your help in the procedures.

Looking forward for some help.

P.S.: Below are the number's from which me and my friends got the calls.

1) 9011078586

+91-7350692323
yeshudasjiotode

May 9, 2017

Migration from postpaid to prepaid is not happening from last 5 requests

Raised a request 1st time for migration and it was cancelled on 27/04/2017 for some technical issues (Idea fault).

Went to idea store on 27/04/2017, raised request for 2nd time. The message came on 29/04/2017 that "request could not process at the moment due to outstanding in your postpaid account" (This time it was my fault as data was consumed in between and the unbill amount of appr. Rs. 450 was generated) so the request was cancelled.

Again went to Idea store on 29/04/2017, cleared all unbill amount, paid some extra amount (they said deposit on pro-rata basis) and raised a request for 3rd time. This time I all my account bill was clear and i have not used my idea connection for either calling or for data. Still I got message from Idea on 03/05/2017 stating the same reason as above and the request was cancelled.

I went to Idea store again on 03/05/2017, asked him (the representative at idea store) for a reason for cancellation of my request. He replied, "I can only raise a request from here and don't know the reason for cancellation, you should ask idea customer care the reason for cancellation". I had faith that this time it won't happen again and raised request for 4th time after depositing some amount (he said it as deposit on pro-rata basis). and it happened again, a message from idea came on 03/05/2017 stating the same reason again (outstanding in your account). I immediately called idea customer care (12345) asked her reason for cancellation. She replied, "your account bills are cleared and also the deposit amount is more that sufficient". I asked, "then why request is being cancelled again and again". She replied, " Sir this is due to some technical issues with idea, we are sorry for that". I asked her to take my request online but she refuessed and told me to go to idea store again. I mean how much time I have to go to idea store for the mistake of idea???

Still I went to idea store on 05/05/2017, this time it was for raising request for 5th time. Asked him to take my request again for 5th time (this time the representative also tired of taking my request). He raised my request again for 5th time. And it happened again, the request was cancelled for same reason (outstanding in your account) on 08/08/2017. I called customer care right after receiving that message from idea. Told him all the story as I explained above and asked him why are you (idea cellular) are doing this with me. I also asked him to check my bills and deposit. He confirmed that all things are clear from me but due some technical issue the request was cancelled and asked me to GO TO IDEA STORE AND RAISE A REQUEST AGAIN (seriously..??????). I have recorded the call this time, but since here I can only upload video or picture, I have not attached anything.

This time also requested him to take my request online but he refuessed by saying we can not take request online. Then what is the use of internet and all these technologies if every time i have to go to that idea store (faltu store) to raise a request that will going to be cancelled in next 2-3 days for no reason (or faltu reason to be specific).

This time I am completely frustrated with this all. I am both mentally as well as physically harassed. I am working guy and usually don't have much time left for myself after office hours and due to such acts (you can say criminal acts, as they force peoples to do physical work for their own mistakes). But these peoples (idea cellular) are forcing there customer to stay in their network by doing these silly acts (completely disappointed). If I go to idea store to raise a request again, they will first ask for deposit and again cancel my request. I think due to Reliance Jio, Idea found a new way for earning money by harassing people like this.

IDEA SHOULD STOP THIS NON SENSE. I AM MENTALLY TORTURED BY IDEA. AND IF NECESSARY, I WILL FILE A CASE AGAINST IDEA FOR THIS. IDEA SHOULD TAKE MY REQUEST ONLINE AND RESOLVE IT IMMEDIATELY AND ALSO IDEA SHOULD PAY ME INSTEAD AS I WENT TO IDEA STORE FOR MORE THAN 5 TIMES THAT WASTED MY PRECIOUS TIME AS WELL AS MONEY.
shishirdutt

Apr 25, 2017

Cheating/Fraudster/Zero Customer Care

Never use Idea, it is a network of cheats and fraudsters, port out of this network immediately.What reliance used to do earlier, idea is doing now. Cheats!!!! Everytime their billing is fraudulently wrong and then they fail to take any care of their customers upon complaints. Sleeping nincompoops, dacoits, cheats, thieves, anti-nationals, anti-public, financial terrorits, financial naxalites, financial maoists, commercial dacoits. Cheats !! Cheats!!!!!, Cheats!!!!!!!!
An IDEA service can SPOIL all your ideas, spoil your business, spoil you time, energy and money, DEFRAUD you of all your possessions, CHEAT you so badly that you will remember all your life, and definitely by doing this can CRIPPLE your life which is definitely a change which you are claiming
vijayrsonawane

Apr 16, 2017

Very weak signal strength

Very poor signal at my residence in wakad ,kalakhadak area . Many time no signal at all. I fear of getting more radiation associated with poor Idea cellular network signal strength. Please resolve this issue.
manojlaad

Apr 14, 2017

Service Related

Its not first time I am witnessing worst services of Idea Cellular. Earlier being an Aditya Birla Employee I was bound to choose Idea service for my bills to get reimbursed.

no doubt they are good in network that's the reason only I chosen Idea cellular network in spite of high tariff.

But their customer care service are worst across industry what I experienced.

Recent case: I am having an idea postpaid connection, due to low usage I visit Idea outlet and tried to submit postpaid to prepaid request. for a period of a month they did not accept my request giving reason that they do not have stock of sim. Its strange that any Aditya Birla unit performing like this not maintaining inventory.

After a month time on 10th April 2017 finally they have take request and request closure time was 16:06 pm 12/04/2017. on 11th April evening my mobile lost network from post paid sim. Outlet executive informed that your connection will not remain in service for one full day, and when I found that one and half days passed away I visit to Idea outlet today morning to enquire about same. I shocked when they gave me one another prepaid sim and tell that you have to wait for another one full day for activation. They are not even bother about problem I am facing due to non activation of sim. My mobile responding number is not in service from last 2 days. Try to understand Idea people that it affect personal image also.

Worst customer care services ever seen. One more day passed away but no change

Apr 6, 2017

Hi Mansoor,

As per your recent telecon with our customer service associate, we wish to affirm that your aforesaid concern has been discussed and resolution has been communicated. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

Maroof
salman2425

Apr 5, 2017

About incoming call on idea

Since last month I am facing problem for incoming call on my idea number +91 7276700399. I followed all the instruction which is given by customer care executive like disable call forwarding option (which is already disabled ), called a number ##21# to disable call forwarding. I talked so many time with customer care executives.
Still I am facing problem for incoming call.
prashant1990

Apr 3, 2017

Not activating my sim

I have changed my sim from postpaid to prepaid. 3 days prior my postpaid sim stooped working. And then I have changed my given sim but it is not yet activated. I see no signal till now.

Please activate it.

My number is - 9826046895
V R Bhide

Apr 2, 2017

recharge not done

Rs. 300/- paid through internet for mobile no 8605.894630 recharge. Payment confirmed - ref no. IHDF249689976. Mobile not yet recharged.
Soniya Pawar

Apr 1, 2017

Block My Sim

I m for a tour outside India and now i have lost my Mobile phone.

Request you to kindly block my idea prepaid sim bearing mobile no +919689071344

My Name is Soniya Hadage.

Soniya Pawar

Mar 29, 2017

Hi Mansoor,

As per your telecon with our customer service associate on 29th March 2017, we wish to inform you that we are working on your concern & shall revert to you at the earliest.

Mar 28, 2017

Hi Mansoor,

Sincere apologies from us. We have your contact details and we will get back to you shortly.

Mar 26, 2017

RE: Unable to send any messages

We were unable to get in touch on the number given by you, please provide a date and time more convenient to you for us to have your issue resolved.

JRuata

Mar 25, 2017

Unable to send any messages

I am unable to send any messages from my Idea SIM. I also have an Airtel SIM, which works perfectly fine (I put Airtel SIM in Slot 2).

Thinkig that it might me the smartphone's problem, I therefore, have also switched my Idea SIM card to Slot 2, but failed to work. So, it's not the phone problem, but clearly the Idea SIM problem. I have good network signal and internet data is working perfectly. Please, fix it..

My number is 7057345330.

Uttarakhand Roadways - Refund of Unsuccessful booking
    Kindly process refund of Unsuccessful booking, Reference...
    Pearls india ltd. - for refund our money
    R/Sir we had deposited our blood sweat earned amount...
    Boarding Pass Consultancy Pvt.Ltd Amritsar - Fake & fraud consultancy
    Dear friends don't believe this consultancy this...
    uppal municipality - WASTE DISPOSAL IN THE LOCALITY
    ADDRESS- H.NO- 2-1-49/22 ROAD NO.10 SURYANAGAR COLONY,...
    Vijay Tv - Bring back kadhala kadhala to Its actual time(10 pm)
    Me and my family were big fan of vijay tv😍. Daily I use...
    PNB - blocked userid
    Respected sir with due respect I want to inform you that...
    Pan card - Pan card not received yet
    Dear Sir, My PAN card status is given below but yet i...
    NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure - refund
    sir/madam the pan card fees has been deducted from my...
    Dream 11 - Withdrwal Account
    Withdrawn cash not received in my bank account its been 9...