IDP IELTS

Consumer complaints and reviews about IDP IELTS

Goutham

Sep 10, 2018

Inappropriate scores

Test conducted on 25 august 2018. I cannot understand why i got less score in IELTS examination. I prepared and got good scores in Pre practice. I am asking IELTS management to release key for reading and listening or else send the corrected scripts to candidates mail id. If you people are real or truth why you want to cheat candidates by being fake. Many people or loosing money. Release corrected scripts or else you people are fraud and fraudsters you will pay for it in future.
harmancheema

Sep 8, 2018

trf not provided

almost 45 days passed after my ielts exam but IDP cant provide me trf i called my times on their helpline number but their respone was too poor.
Ahmad1981

Aug 26, 2018

Writing & speaking

I have taken the IELTS twice in a month and my writing score was the same although I have been studying and teaching English for 15 years. I applied for a remark and I was told it would take at least 2 weeks.. after 8 days I rece6a reply and the mark remained unchanged. Im pretty sure they never checked it again.
As for the speakin6test, the examiner's English is so poor. He is not an English speaking person. My English is ten times better than his English and he only gave me 7.5...
IDP is just a bunch of poor teachers who deliberately give low scores in writing to force people retake the old-fashioned test.
Im going to file a legal case against those group of old fashioned testers this week.
Ahmad Al-Ramadan
Abu Dhabi
suwin

Aug 22, 2018

ABOUT THE REFUND

sir for me the refund has been initiated for ielts exam ,The IDP told me that the amount will be credited with in 15th august 2018 but till now the amount is not credited in my account and customer care response is very bad, I am having the proof for refund and the bad experience of IDP customer care.
suwin

Aug 22, 2018

ABOUT THE REFUND

sir for me the refund has been initiated but till now the amount is not credited in my account,if i call to customer care they are not responding properly i am having the proof also for refund and customer care bad responding
Karthiksabaasha

Aug 4, 2018

Unprofessional associates

Dear Sir/ Madam,
This is Karthikeyan Rathinasabapathy from India. On 02/08/2018, I appeared for LRW IELTS exams in Academic. My candidate number was 171959 and the city code IN855, passport number 3473523.

My concern is about the quality of exam coordinator and his associates, regarding their way of conducting our examination, in the mean of guidance, assistance and intimations provided.

The commencement of exam got delay just because of internal communication between the associates and coordinator.

The exam got finished between 50 mins and an hour delayed.

The associate, whose language was not so clear and also quite confusing while giving instructions.
Example: Not able to hear whether he was mentioning pen or pencil. Allowed was pronounced as "alloweded" and more over, he started to say something, while we were being ready to listen to him, he used to get interactive with coordinator each and every time. Later he would manage to give some corrected advise by his coordinator.

Most importantly, there was no time intimation even at the last few moments of reading exam. All of the sudden the paper was collected. Where, I was waiting for their nominal instruction just before 10 minutes of an hour to transfer the answers. While enquiring, the coordinator explained about the time displayed on the screen.
I am very disappointed that, I got an answer to have a look at the clock at every once in a while rather than to concentrate on exam. Moreover, there were disconnections between their laptop and the projector happened almost 5 times during the examination. I lost time to transfer 33 answers on to the answer sheet.

When questioned about their failure to do intimate minutes left at crucial endings, simply without reasonable answer they started following it for writing test only.

Hereby, I have no claim/ request to get a favor just because of my examination went up to waste of time and money paid. But I humbly request the concern people to have an investigation and bring up the quality of IELTS exams to be conducted especially by this team.

I understand my part of mistake by depending on their intimation alone. Still, my money, time and admission would have been saved by simply doing their right job respectively. Now I have booked for another examination, which cost me all above mentioned.

At least in future, the team will be competent to conduct an examination, if needful queries conducted and CAPA taken on them. A poor candidate will save all his/her precious time, money and hope.

Once again, this email is not to claim any mean of advantages for me, but to take your consideration to improve the quality of coordinators and associates only.

Apologies, if this email carries and or presents any inappropriate mean of subjects.

With kind regards,
KARTHIKEYAN RATHINASABAPATHY
shahpoor

Jun 21, 2018

IELTS must be abandoned

I have taken IELTS test four times and you can see the results below:

Year City Listening Reading Speaking Writing
2004 Tehran 6.5 7 6 7
2008 Tehran 7 8 7 7
2018 Sydney 8 9 7.5 6
2018 Sydney 8.5 8.5 7.5 6

According to this list, my writing skill has deteriorated after 8 years of living and studying in an English country Australia, despite improvements I had in the other three modules. It does not make sense.

There are several reasons to avoid sitting IELTS exam. Here is the list:

1) IELTS is old fashion. Who uses pencil and paper for daily tasks these days?

2) There is no correlation between the scores of four modules of the test. The test taker may get high scores on Reading, Listening, and Speaking, and low score on writing. In other words, according to IETLS, there is no relationship between four different skills of communication, which is totally wrong.

3) Scoring of writing and speaking modules is subjective.

4) It takes at least two weeks to get the results, and it takes more than six weeks to get the results of remarking.

5) The handwriting of the test taker plays role in the scores he/she gets. If your handwriting is not perfect, don’t sit for this test.

6) The test is too long. Each test, takes almost a day.

7) The writing skill is measured by two writing tasks, in total 400 words, which is inadequate.

8) The marking criteria for writing module is rather specific to IELTS, and it does not reflect the actual writing skills. In fact, this module is better called IELTS writing skill, instead of writing skill.

9) The range of questions and tasks are limited, and it does not replicate the real-life communication scenarios.

10) It is run by IDP, which is a for-profit company.

Sitting for IELTS test, one after another will cost you enduring psychological issues, let alone its financial burden. It also delays your plan for life. Familiarise yourself with other types of English language test. Thankfully, the monopoly era for IELTS is over, and there are up to date and impartial tests out there.
samandeep kaur

Jun 20, 2018

regarding not desired result

it is my request to you plz make the exams easy and reduce the exam fees because my parents losted too much money on my ielts exams and i have losted my 3 year to prepare ielts exam now i have no degree no ielts scores . plz u help me
L R W S
6.5 6 5.5 5.5
5 5.5 6.0 7.0
6.0 5.5 6.0 6.0
6.0 6.0 6.5 5.5
6.5 5.5 5.5 5.5
Mary789

Jun 3, 2018

Poor quality of the recording

I would like to leave my feedback about your exam.

Recently I took my exam and the recording was intentionally jammed. I am confident about that because one woman was speaking incredibly fast, which is not normal to the native speakers. I lived in London for a year and took my Masters, so I know what I am saying. Besides that, she swallowed few words in the process. So I don't understand, how do you leave such terrible recordings to be unchecked? It is also worth mentioning that we had 20 (!) multiple choice questions.

Another question is, why do we have to write answers for Listening and Reading by pencil, not a pen? I do not understand that because it is clear that a pencil can easily be removed, while the pen is solid.

The listening part is the one that shocked me the most. We have to travel for approximately 1 hour - 1 hour 20 min. in order to pass a speaking part after the first 3 parts of the exam. Even though, there are many available options near the hotel, where you could easily organize the speaking test. The person, who spoke to me during the Speaking part was eating a snack in front of me. I believe it is absolutely unprofessional and disrespectful to me as a person, especially the one who paid you money. On top of that, he chocked with his nuts during the last question. I have also asked the organizer to provide me with a chair (they had plenty in their room), so I could wait in the hall because I came earlier that day, however, instead they have sent me away to buy myself a cup of coffee, giving me a strange excuse that they can't help me.

Now regarding the exam itself. Every part is essential and requires a maximum concentration in order to succeed. We do passport checking before we enter and in case we want to go to the toilet. Could you please tell me, why do you keep checking the passport during the exam? I could probably live with that unless that girl stretched her hand across my desk all the time disturbing me from the exam! I was also wondering, why I was not allowed to go to the toilet 11 minutes before the Reading part was over? When I finish the task, I should be allowed to go there in case I have to (while there was plenty time left).

I also do not understand why I can't bring my own pencil. British Council allows it and it is only fair, especially if you kept training with one. If needed, I could leave it with your office, so nothing would happen with it.

Finally, I do not understand why there is a range of different prices from Students International? 14000 in Moscow and 15500 in Saint-Petersburg and Vladivostok? Our currency rate is the same according to the Federal bank.

To the public - you can make your own assumptions based on the description above. My first attempt was relatively successful - scores from 7-8.5, but the experience was very unpleasant one.
Mary789

Jun 3, 2018

Recording of a bad quality and unprofessional employees

I would like to leave my feedback about your exam.

Stela Joseph

May 25, 2018

No confirmation mail was sent

I have completed the procedure and made the payment . But I didn't get the confirmation mail . What the hell ?
I mean I have spent 12,800/- and in return I didn't even get the confirmation !!!!!

Never ever apply from this institute .

Exam fee is non refundable .
Customer care does not respond.
Cancellation is almost impossible , moreover 3000/- is asked to pay for cancellation .

Please send me the confirming mail. :(
salim khan1961

Apr 20, 2018

non refund of examination fee

my son junaid ahamad has applied for ilets exam on 30march2018, the exam date is 21st april2018 .due to some health problem he does not want to pursue study in foreign and decided not to appear in the exam. I have requested IDP for refund of exam fee they have advised that the request should be made before 34 days of exam whereas the period between application and exam is less than 34 days, how could i fulfill this criteria. It will not be applicable in my case i therefore request them to refund my exam fee which is still pending.
Pendyala Vamsi Krishna

Mar 11, 2018

Irresponsible of IDP Group

On feb 10-2017,piller no 154, Attapur , Hyderabad .A lot of disturbance(music and songs on that day) in the upper floor of ielts exam because it was a function hall iam a 7.0 student in ielts(i only hope on listening) but on that day due to irresponsible test center i got only 5.0 in listening which my exam is gone and my future is gone due to your irresponsible IDP group (The worst group i ever seen).The IDP group is stolen my 12250 for that exam i dont demnand that money back but reminding you ,this show how you were rash,reckless, careless, thoughtless, incautious, unwise, imprudent on students.
b.javidsharifi

Mar 4, 2018

jammed listening

Unfortunately the listening module of the March 3 exam in Shiraz IRSAFAM center (IR120) got jammed and resulted in very poor performance of most or all of the test takers. The pressure and stress as well as the following murmuring of the invigilators and test takers especially affected the way the rest of the listening could be handled. In my case, I was expecting a 9, but now I am not sure if I will achieve even a 7. This is hence to make this complaint, and ask for another ticket in!

Faithfully,
B. Javidsharifi
rajatalla

Mar 3, 2018

GOT ONLY 6.5

CrazyWorld

Feb 13, 2018

IDP Results are Fraud

They held the exam result for random routine check , it was supposed to be random but my friend exam result was with-held twice. once on 6th jan 2018 and again immediately on 20th jan 2018 result. How is that for a random routine check??? Today got the result and speaking they have given 6.5 and all other sections(reading- 7.5 ,writing -7.5 and listening 8.5) got better score. I feel it was the best speaking exam i have given compared to my previous two attempts. I feel its better not to re-attempt the ielts exam on idp. Losing hope... :(
samudranisi

Feb 11, 2018

Fraud exam not sure who to trust

I gave my exam on 06th Jan 2018. I was very confident scoring 8 in Listening 6.5 in reading and 7 in Speaking and writing but as expected fraud results just to make us write exam again I was scored 6.5 over all with 5.5 in reading so now I have to take exam again. For a middle class person to improve the standard of living saving penny each day to take exam how difficult this can be.

Not sure whom to complaint but the only thing would request is to provide me the answer sheets to know where I went wrong. As looking at above complaints I feel devastated for a person staying abraod for 11 years and scoring less makes this sounds very fishy.
anjalihnair

Feb 8, 2018

Fraud and Malpractice by IDP India

My complain may not bring any changes to IDP India but I would like to share my experience with those who are planning to give IELTS and atleast want them to think 100 times before wasting money. I had given my IELTS exam through IDP 4 times.The first two result were the same as If it was just copy pasted. Also among the 4 attempts in 2 exams (2nd and 3rd attempt) I got 7 in writing and in 4th attempt I got 6.5 in writing. Just imagine if initially a candidate scores 7 in writing and then getting 6.5 in the following exam. This clearly exhibits that deliberately IDP is giving less marking so that they want the candidate to give more attempts and they can make money out of it.
I had also given for revaluation twice but the report was just returned back without any changes. I strongly believe that the TRF is not send to Australia head office for rechecking. IDP India branch keeps the TRF with them for 6 weeks and return with a statement that there are no changes. The worst part is that your IELTS answer papers are not shown which is more easy for them to do cheating.
In all my 4 attempts I have got overall band score 7.5.
If a person can score L-8, R-7.5, S-8 then does this mean that a person doesn't know how to write and getting 6.5 in Writing module. IDP intentionally gives less in either of the module so that people keep writing the exam to achieve their desired band score. This is a good way for IDP to make money by doing fraud to people.
I am not sure whether Australia IDP headquarters are aware of this malpractice done by IDP India.
I regret for wasting my 66 thousand through IDP.
Sukhjeet Toor

Feb 1, 2018

Fraudsters IDP Australia and British Council

Hello guys,

I have been going through the same problem. They just give 6.5, but not the desired 7. So I think to deal with this problem we need to publish are complaints in the leading newspapers. So that these bastards can learn some lesson. These are befooling Indians on the basis of their unfair testing system. Please guys just contact your local newspaper agency and get the news published into newspaper. So that they can't loot us anymore. My whatsapp contact is. 8727994777. Chandigarh ppl plz collab together to fight back against this partiality.
dave12

Jan 25, 2018

IELTS certificate for sale

We are engaged in the production of registered TOEFL, IELTS, ESOL, CELTA / DELTA and other English certificates.

Please note that our IELTS & TOEFL certificates are original and are registered in the database and can be verified.

After your order has been placed, it only takes a few days for us to receive your data in the system. Once your data is captured in the system, it will be displayed forever on the IELTS or TOEFL website.

legit and verifiable forever. We can help you to get IELTS and other certification without you taking the exams,

The certificate is registered. This certificate for admission to the university and any type of immigration.

We register your results in every ielts center around the world. All our certificates are original and British Council certified

IELTS is the high-stakes English test for study, migration or work

for more information

contact us via email.

certificates.provider@outlook.com
raise_your_voice

Jan 21, 2018

UNFAIR MARKING OF BRITISH COUNCIL

Recently, I appeared for IELTS General module on 6th Jan 2018 and when I got my result, I was shocked and devastated. They gave me

L-6.5
R-6
W-6
S-7.

I also appear for Academic test, 8 years ago and this was my result for that time L-7, R-6, W-6.5 and S-5.5. During last 8 years, I spent 3.5 years in UK (did my Masters, worked there) and worked in MNC in India for 4 years which means my English hasn't improved at all that is not easy to digest.

I spent a lot of time in preparation and I completed all the Cambride 13 tests before appearing for the exam and in recent 4 books (around 16 tests), I was scoring almost 8 in reading and listening. Also, in actual exam, I was very confident and expecting a similar result. Unfortunately, the result was shocking and disappointing.

I spoke to the customer service agent about the remarking process and he clearly refused that according to IELTS policy, they don't provide candidates their answer sheet. They are charging a huge amount 6500 INR ($100) for remarking and it's very lengthy process of more than 10 weeks. What's the point, even after 10 weeks, we can't see our answer sheet and we have accept whatever they say. In my opinion, this is completely unacceptable and they must provide the answer sheet to each candidate when they apply for remarking. If IELTS trust their marking process is fair then there is no harm in providing the answer sheet.

It is a huge money making business. Last year, approximately, 3 million people appear for the exam. From each candidate, they're making 12100 INR (appx. $190) which is around 36183790682 (3618 crores) Indian rupees and (56,70,00,000 US dollars ~ 56 million USD). Surprisingly, Indian candidates are the highest who appears for this test.

I have read many blogs that most of the people have to appear for twice or thrice for this test. There must be a transparent process in marking and the answer sheet at least for reading and speaking should be provided to the candidate those who apply for remarking.

Some actions must be taken against this malicious practice.
Jim Shi

Jan 16, 2018

Unfair marking

I have done three IELTS tests with IDP Australia and here are my results:
Listening: 7.0 8.0 8.0
Reading: 7.0 8.5 8.0
Writing: 6.0 6.0 6.5
Speaking: 7.0 7.0 8.0
Although I applied for a remark, I was noticed by a letter today saying that my results would remain unchanged. I wonder is this the key way IDP makes money? Otherwise, please explain why I have such high level of speaking (8.0) but only have a 6.5 on writing?
rs31

Dec 21, 2017

IDP IELTS marking fraud

I have been living in Australia for almost 20 years and have a PHD in Engineering. I have done IELTS 4 times in the past year, and got:

Listening 8.50, 9.00, 8.00, 8.50
Reading 9.00, 9.00, 8.50, 8.50
Speaking 7.00, 6.50, 6.00, 6.50
Writing 6.00, 7.00, 6.50, 6.50

As seen, the section that can be objectively assessed, I got 8.75 and 8.5 average for Listening and Reading. Speaking and Writing meanwhile depends entirely on the examiner, and I could get 7 for one , but never for both

The score itself does not tell the story. Because my mark was consistently 0.5 below the required 7 despite whether I was: a) unprepared or spent months preparing for the test, b) the topic was unfamiliar or very technical on my field, c) (this is true) whether i was hangover (slept only 3 hours) the night before or whether I was sober and got a proper 8-hours sleep.

Did they even mark my paper and speaking properly? Because without seeing my marked paper, how do I know whether they just toss coin to decide whether to give 6, 6.5 or 7? I know when I did something well, and when I don't, but IELTS somehow still managed to provide a consistent failing. At this point, I start to think that if I turn up drunk, I will still get 6.5 for speaking and writing
sridharv123

Dec 18, 2017

IDP IELTS is unfaithful. Don't waste your money there!

I have received my IELTS score from IDP recently. They are just playing with careers of test takers for filthy lucre's sake. There are dishonest, untrustworthy and bunch of crooked fraudsters out there!
Please do not take book your slots and waste your hard-earned money! I was expecting a decent score(at least 7.5) in all modules in my GT. But this is how they have evaluated me:

L-7
R-5.5
W-7.5
S-7.0

But looking at the above score, these good for nothing malicious and perverse examiners are marking you down!
To my surprise this is happening to me for the second time! They know that I would come back to them for re-test upon not receiving acceptable scores. When I spoke with IDP Customer Care, they did accept their mistakes saying test takers who were dissatisfied(50% of them) have received more scores upon re-evaluation. This is a clear indication that IDP IELTS is intentionally playing with careers of academic and general module test takers. I am spreading just the awareness to be very careful when choosing to take your exam any time in near future.

Sridhar
sridharv123

Dec 18, 2017

IDP IELTS is unfaithful. Don't waste your money there!

L-7
R-5.5
W-7.5
S-7.0

Sridhar

Indiaideas@icici - Regarding transaction failure
    Money deducted from my account but recharge not done ...
    indian post NSH JABALPUR - Speed post not delivered
    Respected, I had my consignment no.EM272007627IN. is...
    SINGAPORE JOB CONSULTANT - DISENO SINGAPORE (wwe.KKGROUPS.ASIA consultancy)
    DISENO SINGAPORE I got offer lettera and I am all ready...
    Post office, ballabgarh, near aggarwal post office, 121004 - Not giving my post
    मेरा नाम रविंद्र है...
    Google pay - Money deducted
    Sir, I made a payment for gate-2019,but it is asking to...
    Vishwas stock - Vishwas Stocks - Gujarat
    FRAUD COMPANY who do not have ANY Technical knowledge...
    Premia Group - failure to handover 150 sqft lockable office
    Premia group Office space at KP5 GNW I had booked 150...
    LIC HFL - Settlement of LIC-HFL A/c no.311400000125
    My pledged LIC Policy no.170746821( matured on 03-06-2018...
    IFB Industry Ltd - Poor Service
    After following up with IFB since 13th Sep-18, no...
    dhaba - Smoke pollution and Air Pollution
    I am a Residence of "old seelampur main road near...