IDP IELTS

Consumer complaints and reviews about IDP IELTS

CrazyWorld

Feb 13, 2018

IDP Results are Fraud

They held the exam result for random routine check , it was supposed to be random but my friend exam result was with-held twice. once on 6th jan 2018 and again immediately on 20th jan 2018 result. How is that for a random routine check??? Today got the result and speaking they have given 6.5 and all other sections(reading- 7.5 ,writing -7.5 and listening 8.5) got better score. I feel it was the best speaking exam i have given compared to my previous two attempts. I feel its better not to re-attempt the ielts exam on idp. Losing hope... :(
samudranisi

Feb 11, 2018

Fraud exam not sure who to trust

I gave my exam on 06th Jan 2018. I was very confident scoring 8 in Listening 6.5 in reading and 7 in Speaking and writing but as expected fraud results just to make us write exam again I was scored 6.5 over all with 5.5 in reading so now I have to take exam again. For a middle class person to improve the standard of living saving penny each day to take exam how difficult this can be.

Not sure whom to complaint but the only thing would request is to provide me the answer sheets to know where I went wrong. As looking at above complaints I feel devastated for a person staying abraod for 11 years and scoring less makes this sounds very fishy.
anjalihnair

Feb 8, 2018

Fraud and Malpractice by IDP India

My complain may not bring any changes to IDP India but I would like to share my experience with those who are planning to give IELTS and atleast want them to think 100 times before wasting money. I had given my IELTS exam through IDP 4 times.The first two result were the same as If it was just copy pasted. Also among the 4 attempts in 2 exams (2nd and 3rd attempt) I got 7 in writing and in 4th attempt I got 6.5 in writing. Just imagine if initially a candidate scores 7 in writing and then getting 6.5 in the following exam. This clearly exhibits that deliberately IDP is giving less marking so that they want the candidate to give more attempts and they can make money out of it.
I had also given for revaluation twice but the report was just returned back without any changes. I strongly believe that the TRF is not send to Australia head office for rechecking. IDP India branch keeps the TRF with them for 6 weeks and return with a statement that there are no changes. The worst part is that your IELTS answer papers are not shown which is more easy for them to do cheating.
In all my 4 attempts I have got overall band score 7.5.
If a person can score L-8, R-7.5, S-8 then does this mean that a person doesn't know how to write and getting 6.5 in Writing module. IDP intentionally gives less in either of the module so that people keep writing the exam to achieve their desired band score. This is a good way for IDP to make money by doing fraud to people.
I am not sure whether Australia IDP headquarters are aware of this malpractice done by IDP India.
I regret for wasting my 66 thousand through IDP.
Sukhjeet Toor

Feb 1, 2018

Fraudsters IDP Australia and British Council

Hello guys,

I have been going through the same problem. They just give 6.5, but not the desired 7. So I think to deal with this problem we need to publish are complaints in the leading newspapers. So that these bastards can learn some lesson. These are befooling Indians on the basis of their unfair testing system. Please guys just contact your local newspaper agency and get the news published into newspaper. So that they can't loot us anymore. My whatsapp contact is. 8727994777. Chandigarh ppl plz collab together to fight back against this partiality.
dave12

Jan 25, 2018

IELTS certificate for sale

We are engaged in the production of registered TOEFL, IELTS, ESOL, CELTA / DELTA and other English certificates.

Please note that our IELTS & TOEFL certificates are original and are registered in the database and can be verified.

After your order has been placed, it only takes a few days for us to receive your data in the system. Once your data is captured in the system, it will be displayed forever on the IELTS or TOEFL website.

legit and verifiable forever. We can help you to get IELTS and other certification without you taking the exams,

The certificate is registered. This certificate for admission to the university and any type of immigration.

We register your results in every ielts center around the world. All our certificates are original and British Council certified

IELTS is the high-stakes English test for study, migration or work

for more information

contact us via email.

certificates.provider@outlook.com
raise_your_voice

Jan 21, 2018

UNFAIR MARKING OF BRITISH COUNCIL

Recently, I appeared for IELTS General module on 6th Jan 2018 and when I got my result, I was shocked and devastated. They gave me

L-6.5
R-6
W-6
S-7.

I also appear for Academic test, 8 years ago and this was my result for that time L-7, R-6, W-6.5 and S-5.5. During last 8 years, I spent 3.5 years in UK (did my Masters, worked there) and worked in MNC in India for 4 years which means my English hasn't improved at all that is not easy to digest.

I spent a lot of time in preparation and I completed all the Cambride 13 tests before appearing for the exam and in recent 4 books (around 16 tests), I was scoring almost 8 in reading and listening. Also, in actual exam, I was very confident and expecting a similar result. Unfortunately, the result was shocking and disappointing.

I spoke to the customer service agent about the remarking process and he clearly refused that according to IELTS policy, they don't provide candidates their answer sheet. They are charging a huge amount 6500 INR ($100) for remarking and it's very lengthy process of more than 10 weeks. What's the point, even after 10 weeks, we can't see our answer sheet and we have accept whatever they say. In my opinion, this is completely unacceptable and they must provide the answer sheet to each candidate when they apply for remarking. If IELTS trust their marking process is fair then there is no harm in providing the answer sheet.

It is a huge money making business. Last year, approximately, 3 million people appear for the exam. From each candidate, they're making 12100 INR (appx. $190) which is around 36183790682 (3618 crores) Indian rupees and (56,70,00,000 US dollars ~ 56 million USD). Surprisingly, Indian candidates are the highest who appears for this test.

I have read many blogs that most of the people have to appear for twice or thrice for this test. There must be a transparent process in marking and the answer sheet at least for reading and speaking should be provided to the candidate those who apply for remarking.

Some actions must be taken against this malicious practice.
Jim Shi

Jan 16, 2018

Unfair marking

I have done three IELTS tests with IDP Australia and here are my results:
Listening: 7.0 8.0 8.0
Reading: 7.0 8.5 8.0
Writing: 6.0 6.0 6.5
Speaking: 7.0 7.0 8.0
Although I applied for a remark, I was noticed by a letter today saying that my results would remain unchanged. I wonder is this the key way IDP makes money? Otherwise, please explain why I have such high level of speaking (8.0) but only have a 6.5 on writing?
rs31

Dec 21, 2017

IDP IELTS marking fraud

I have been living in Australia for almost 20 years and have a PHD in Engineering. I have done IELTS 4 times in the past year, and got:

Listening 8.50, 9.00, 8.00, 8.50
Reading 9.00, 9.00, 8.50, 8.50
Speaking 7.00, 6.50, 6.00, 6.50
Writing 6.00, 7.00, 6.50, 6.50

As seen, the section that can be objectively assessed, I got 8.75 and 8.5 average for Listening and Reading. Speaking and Writing meanwhile depends entirely on the examiner, and I could get 7 for one , but never for both

The score itself does not tell the story. Because my mark was consistently 0.5 below the required 7 despite whether I was: a) unprepared or spent months preparing for the test, b) the topic was unfamiliar or very technical on my field, c) (this is true) whether i was hangover (slept only 3 hours) the night before or whether I was sober and got a proper 8-hours sleep.

Did they even mark my paper and speaking properly? Because without seeing my marked paper, how do I know whether they just toss coin to decide whether to give 6, 6.5 or 7? I know when I did something well, and when I don't, but IELTS somehow still managed to provide a consistent failing. At this point, I start to think that if I turn up drunk, I will still get 6.5 for speaking and writing
sridharv123

Dec 18, 2017

IDP IELTS is unfaithful. Don't waste your money there!

I have received my IELTS score from IDP recently. They are just playing with careers of test takers for filthy lucre's sake. There are dishonest, untrustworthy and bunch of crooked fraudsters out there!
Please do not take book your slots and waste your hard-earned money! I was expecting a decent score(at least 7.5) in all modules in my GT. But this is how they have evaluated me:

L-7
R-5.5
W-7.5
S-7.0

But looking at the above score, these good for nothing malicious and perverse examiners are marking you down!
To my surprise this is happening to me for the second time! They know that I would come back to them for re-test upon not receiving acceptable scores. When I spoke with IDP Customer Care, they did accept their mistakes saying test takers who were dissatisfied(50% of them) have received more scores upon re-evaluation. This is a clear indication that IDP IELTS is intentionally playing with careers of academic and general module test takers. I am spreading just the awareness to be very careful when choosing to take your exam any time in near future.

Sridhar
sridharv123

Dec 18, 2017

IDP IELTS is unfaithful. Don't waste your money there!

L-7
R-5.5
W-7.5
S-7.0

Sridhar
mehul007

Nov 24, 2017

size of class

Hi, this is Mehul Mangroliya.I took IELTS date with IDP in Australia.It was on 25/11/2017. As soon as reached over there, I was shocked by seeing too many students over there. After that, I thought there should be 7-8 exam classes. After registration, I went into exam hall, there was only one exam hall with approximately 230 students for three module. it was the ridiculous environment. The problem was that if somebody got a cough then you won't able to give correct answers particularly listening module. there should be at least 10-11 class for the exam.
Johnson V Alexander

Nov 11, 2017

Fraudulent org - waste of money

My name is Johnson. I gave my exam on 28th of Oct. I was quite shocked to see my worthless results. People out there are very keen to talk and help us but they are all business minded. I gave my exam with 100 percent efforts but failed in my results. I'm not sure what went wrong but I think they have knowingly failed me, to enroll once again and keep there business alive. Totally bad experience with IDP.

I don't know why these people do exist in the world. Looting our money will only make you down. You have no idea if u continue this practice, further will only put a full stop in ur business.

I have also checked the employees review, they themselves says the management are least concerned about any students career.

People who are looking for IELTS exams, please also have an eye on other reviews because our money is precious to us.
Raza1412

Nov 11, 2017

Corrupt Practice of IDP intentionally they are playing with poor's Money

I am deeply depressed and disappointed of malpractice of IDP examiner(S) i wrote my exam on 28-Oct and got shocked when received Result form i was 200% sure that there is no incorrect answer in Listening and maximum would be 2 mistakes i might made in reading and same is expectation from writing module but corrupt, sluggish and dishonest examiner marked me entirely different lens and award me 8/4.5/5.5 respectively. I am also re-marking it and lodging plaintiff against regional IDP official concern(s) in Court. I want my Answer booklet and richly demands that marking should be through fictitious candidate numbers and with more than one examiner.

PS: I demand from Cambridge and IDP Australia to prove its credibility and impartiality and this time i will not let it go and silently will re-appear. Please don't ruin our career and make money through unethical conduct.
raulzr

Nov 8, 2017

Speaking Test

I wanted to share my experience and it really hurts the sentiments and confidence when these money grabbing professional plays with the dreams of common people.
19th AUG: L8.5 R7.5 S8 W6.5
14th OCT: L8 R8.5 S6.5 W7

I have put on effort and improved the writing score, but it really hurts me to take how Speaking score have gone down 1.5 bands. This I believe is pure unethical practice to push people to take a retake.

I certainly will go for recheck as it's paining me to leave it without giving it a chance as I firmly believe this time my speaking performance was better then the previous one.
I pray to God that these bunch of people behind such unethical practice suffer in their lives as they are making people like us to be their puppets.
oommenajitha@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2017

Fraudulent Down scoring system for making money.

I am Ajitha Oommen, and I recently gave 2 General training IELTS Exams on 29th July and 14th September (through IDP in Bangalore). Please take a look at the scores from both the tests:

29th July
R-8.0
S- 7.5

14th September
L-7.5
W-7.0
S-8.0

In both the cases, are you out to prove that someone who scores perfectly in Listening, Reading and Speaking in the first attempt not be able to score the bare minimum score requirement for the immigration process.

This is how you get us on our Knees, with the scores of test dated 29th July; I was pushed to apply for a re-test as the process of re-evaluation takes 10 weeks and it costs around 85% fee of the actual test. So, I spent more time and money. Even though, I was always sure of my writing skills. I am sure you can judge that from this email as well.

Yet, repeatedly, I have been scored down only for 0.5 differences in both tests. It is observable that IDP (fellow co-owners, the British Council and Cambridge English Language Assessment) has malicious intent of driving profitability. There is no concern, what so ever, about the impact such operating procedures have on the Education, Career and lives of people who are paying to be assessed.

This is a serious corrupt business practice. Please share my writing copies for both the tests and let’s see if it was really worth the scores given.

Why is it that, these copies are not shared with us, make them public, I have no issues. Since you have monopoly, you think it is alright to play with people's money and life. I need a response to this mail or else, I will take this to the highest authority including the consumer court.
I look forward for a swift response of this matter.

Ajitha Oommen.
Mohammed Adil

Nov 3, 2017

unexpected overall band

i gave my ielts exam on 14th october i got my results today on 3rd of november. i was expecting 6.5 band score but i am shocked after seeing my result i only got 5.5 not even 6 ..this is so unsated for me .
JoHack Thaycaud

Oct 27, 2017

IELTS Revaluation

My name is jithin Jose. I wrote my IELTS examination on 29 July. I got the result on 13 August. I was not statisified with my result because I use to gain 6.5 band score in writing and after the result I was only able to gain 5 band score.Prehaps, I was not able to go abroad for my further studies which I expected to go at September where all the things other than IELTS was ready.That makes me really annoying as well as distemper.

Due to my anger, I thought to give my paper for revaluation. I have only one thing to say to u(British council). please don't hurt poor as well as people's mind like this because our parents accept everything from us and due to this u r ruining our life.
Kamaldeep Arora

Oct 14, 2017

Clear Marking down

I appeared for IELTS (IDP) in September and got utterly shocked to see my reading and writing score. I was expecting a 9 in reading and 8/8.5 in writing. When i received my results, it was unbelievable to see a 6 in reading and 7.5 in writing. Getting a 6 when you are pretty sure of 9 is still something hard to take. I definitely feel there is something fishy in their workings and they are not operating fairly. The test is, not to mention expensive, for someone to consider a retake. But that seems to be their agenda of money making through retakes. Overall, a very unhappy experience
Angry.Bird

Oct 13, 2017

Cheaters British council

I faced similar issue with British council as well.
Tried IELTS 3 times and everytime I got 0.5 bands less than my requirements.
I feel both IDP and BC are just a bunch of congenital cheaters. They are unconsionable liars sitting here to fill their pockets.
Feeling helpless after wasting around 300000 INR on my PR process.
YashRao

Oct 12, 2017

Intentional marking down in writing test

I had taken IDP IELTS test on 18th August 2017 and received my results as below

Listening - 8.5
Reading - 8.5
Speaking - 8.0
Writing - 6.5

Looking at the above scores one can easily say that marking down in writing is quite intentional. It's quite obvious that a person who has scored 8 points and above in all 3 modules would loose the cut off points of 7, by a mere 0.5 in writing.

I was under the false impression that there must have been few mistakes in my writing. But, i happened to read the reviews of other people who have scored well in other modules but not in writing. This clearly indicates that this marking down is intentional. People like us who do not want to go through the lengthy and painful procedure of re-evaluation would give in to the pressure of retaking the exam & try hard to gain the extra 0.5 marks and again scores get pulled down.

I was warned against taking IELTS exam through IDP, as there were many complaints and questions raised on the unfair marking system. I did not pay heed to these rumors & now i have this horrible experience. Needless to say, this is very disappointing and annoying.

Very unhappy with IDP and will ensure that i start warning people against taking English exams through IDP.

Now, I need justification and also a copy of the answer script for my review. We end up paying so much of money and also have to face this fraudulent scoring practice.

I am waiting for a response & also copy of the scripts at the earliest.
brahmendra

Oct 12, 2017

Did't get any conformation mail from your side

Hello IDP i am brahmendra kumar donta i have regestered for exam from IDP but i did't recieve any conformational mail and all.
mellu

Sep 24, 2017

exam dste

No information regarding test
My exam is on 30thsep2017, but I don't have any information regarding my speaking test date, time and centre. I tried calling idp people 100 times but they don't respond..
preetikumar0607

Sep 22, 2017

Fraudulent Down scoring in Writing Test

I am Preeti Arora, and I recently gave 2 General training Exams on 3rd August (through British Counci in Delhil) and 9th September (through IDP in Jaipur). Please take a look at the scores from both the tests:

3rd August
L-8.5
R-9.0
S- 8.5

9th September
W-6.0
S-8.5

In both the cases, are you out to prove that someone who scores perfectly in Listening, Reading and Speaking will not be able to score the bare minimum score requirement for the immigration process.

This is how you get us on our Knees, with the scores of last test, dated 3rd August, I was pushed to apply for a re-test as the process of re-evaluation takes 10 weeks. So, I spent more money, went to another city spent on hotel and traveling. Though, I was always sure of my writing skills. I am sure you can judge that from this email as well.

Yet, repeatedly, I have been scored down between 6.0 to 6.5. It is obvious that IDP and British council have malicious intent of driving profitability. There is no concern, what so ever, about the impact such operating procedures have on the Education, Career and lives of people who are paying to be assessed.

This is a serious corrupt business practice. Please share my writing copies for both the tests and lets see if it was really worth the scores given.

Why is it that these copies are not shared with us, make them public, I have no issues. Since you have monopoly, you think it is alright to play with people's money and life. I need a response to this mail or else, i will take this to the highest authority including the consumer court.
preetikumar0607

Sep 22, 2017

Purposeful Down scoring in Writing Test

I am Preeti Arora. I recently gave 2 General training Exams on 3rd August (through British Counci in Delhil) and 9th September (through IDP in Jaipur). Please take a look at the scores from both the tests:

3rd August

S-8.5

Niki1995

Sep 19, 2017

General training

I just started practicing idp listening practice tests and I am really disappointed to see how difficult it is.. even it is general training module and you guys are ripping off money from people. I am sure if your examiners are given these tests even they will fail!

Stop this corruption for god sake! People's future is dependent on this result.

UTI INFRASTRUCTURE TECHNOLOGY AND SERVICES LIMITED - PAN card not dispatched
    My son Mr. Apresh Srivastava has applied for PAN card...
    payzapp - Money not credited
    Money is debited from payzapp wallet but not credited to...
    AIRCEL MNP - UPC not received
    I need UPC but am unable to get it because of no network....
    BPC UTI KOKAN BHAVAN PAN CARD - Pancard not received
    My pan card is bagged at Bpc UTI kokan Bhavan but I...
    club factory - order not receved
    My order # SO4438957 was placed on 21st September 2017,...
    NVSP - BLO not appointed
    Reference no: OOI842310025 The application ws made on...
    My Airtel App - Balance deducted but recharge not done
    Balance deducted but recharge not done for I recharged 1...
    credit card fraud at international site - ICICI Bank Credit Card
    It has been observed that some credit card unauthorized...
    department of post - Agent portal not working
    SIR INDIA POST AGENT PORTAL NOT WORKING SINCE LAST NIGHT...