IDP IELTS

Consumer complaints and reviews about IDP IELTS

mehul007

Nov 24, 2017

size of class

Hi, this is Mehul Mangroliya.I took IELTS date with IDP in Australia.It was on 25/11/2017. As soon as reached over there, I was shocked by seeing too many students over there. After that, I thought there should be 7-8 exam classes. After registration, I went into exam hall, there was only one exam hall with approximately 230 students for three module. it was the ridiculous environment. The problem was that if somebody got a cough then you won't able to give correct answers particularly listening module. there should be at least 10-11 class for the exam.
Johnson V Alexander

Nov 11, 2017

Fraudulent org - waste of money

My name is Johnson. I gave my exam on 28th of Oct. I was quite shocked to see my worthless results. People out there are very keen to talk and help us but they are all business minded. I gave my exam with 100 percent efforts but failed in my results. I'm not sure what went wrong but I think they have knowingly failed me, to enroll once again and keep there business alive. Totally bad experience with IDP.

I don't know why these people do exist in the world. Looting our money will only make you down. You have no idea if u continue this practice, further will only put a full stop in ur business.

I have also checked the employees review, they themselves says the management are least concerned about any students career.

People who are looking for IELTS exams, please also have an eye on other reviews because our money is precious to us.
Raza1412

Nov 11, 2017

Corrupt Practice of IDP intentionally they are playing with poor's Money

I am deeply depressed and disappointed of malpractice of IDP examiner(S) i wrote my exam on 28-Oct and got shocked when received Result form i was 200% sure that there is no incorrect answer in Listening and maximum would be 2 mistakes i might made in reading and same is expectation from writing module but corrupt, sluggish and dishonest examiner marked me entirely different lens and award me 8/4.5/5.5 respectively. I am also re-marking it and lodging plaintiff against regional IDP official concern(s) in Court. I want my Answer booklet and richly demands that marking should be through fictitious candidate numbers and with more than one examiner.

PS: I demand from Cambridge and IDP Australia to prove its credibility and impartiality and this time i will not let it go and silently will re-appear. Please don't ruin our career and make money through unethical conduct.
raulzr

Nov 8, 2017

Speaking Test

I wanted to share my experience and it really hurts the sentiments and confidence when these money grabbing professional plays with the dreams of common people.
19th AUG: L8.5 R7.5 S8 W6.5
14th OCT: L8 R8.5 S6.5 W7

I have put on effort and improved the writing score, but it really hurts me to take how Speaking score have gone down 1.5 bands. This I believe is pure unethical practice to push people to take a retake.

I certainly will go for recheck as it's paining me to leave it without giving it a chance as I firmly believe this time my speaking performance was better then the previous one.
I pray to God that these bunch of people behind such unethical practice suffer in their lives as they are making people like us to be their puppets.
oommenajitha@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2017

Fraudulent Down scoring system for making money.

I am Ajitha Oommen, and I recently gave 2 General training IELTS Exams on 29th July and 14th September (through IDP in Bangalore). Please take a look at the scores from both the tests:

29th July
R-8.0
S- 7.5

14th September
L-7.5
W-7.0
S-8.0

In both the cases, are you out to prove that someone who scores perfectly in Listening, Reading and Speaking in the first attempt not be able to score the bare minimum score requirement for the immigration process.

This is how you get us on our Knees, with the scores of test dated 29th July; I was pushed to apply for a re-test as the process of re-evaluation takes 10 weeks and it costs around 85% fee of the actual test. So, I spent more time and money. Even though, I was always sure of my writing skills. I am sure you can judge that from this email as well.

Yet, repeatedly, I have been scored down only for 0.5 differences in both tests. It is observable that IDP (fellow co-owners, the British Council and Cambridge English Language Assessment) has malicious intent of driving profitability. There is no concern, what so ever, about the impact such operating procedures have on the Education, Career and lives of people who are paying to be assessed.

This is a serious corrupt business practice. Please share my writing copies for both the tests and let’s see if it was really worth the scores given.

Why is it that, these copies are not shared with us, make them public, I have no issues. Since you have monopoly, you think it is alright to play with people's money and life. I need a response to this mail or else, I will take this to the highest authority including the consumer court.
I look forward for a swift response of this matter.

Ajitha Oommen.
Mohammed Adil

Nov 3, 2017

unexpected overall band

i gave my ielts exam on 14th october i got my results today on 3rd of november. i was expecting 6.5 band score but i am shocked after seeing my result i only got 5.5 not even 6 ..this is so unsated for me .
JoHack Thaycaud

Oct 27, 2017

IELTS Revaluation

My name is jithin Jose. I wrote my IELTS examination on 29 July. I got the result on 13 August. I was not statisified with my result because I use to gain 6.5 band score in writing and after the result I was only able to gain 5 band score.Prehaps, I was not able to go abroad for my further studies which I expected to go at September where all the things other than IELTS was ready.That makes me really annoying as well as distemper.

Due to my anger, I thought to give my paper for revaluation. I have only one thing to say to u(British council). please don't hurt poor as well as people's mind like this because our parents accept everything from us and due to this u r ruining our life.
Kamaldeep Arora

Oct 14, 2017

Clear Marking down

I appeared for IELTS (IDP) in September and got utterly shocked to see my reading and writing score. I was expecting a 9 in reading and 8/8.5 in writing. When i received my results, it was unbelievable to see a 6 in reading and 7.5 in writing. Getting a 6 when you are pretty sure of 9 is still something hard to take. I definitely feel there is something fishy in their workings and they are not operating fairly. The test is, not to mention expensive, for someone to consider a retake. But that seems to be their agenda of money making through retakes. Overall, a very unhappy experience
Angry.Bird

Oct 13, 2017

Cheaters British council

I faced similar issue with British council as well.
Tried IELTS 3 times and everytime I got 0.5 bands less than my requirements.
I feel both IDP and BC are just a bunch of congenital cheaters. They are unconsionable liars sitting here to fill their pockets.
Feeling helpless after wasting around 300000 INR on my PR process.
YashRao

Oct 12, 2017

Intentional marking down in writing test

I had taken IDP IELTS test on 18th August 2017 and received my results as below

Listening - 8.5
Reading - 8.5
Speaking - 8.0
Writing - 6.5

Looking at the above scores one can easily say that marking down in writing is quite intentional. It's quite obvious that a person who has scored 8 points and above in all 3 modules would loose the cut off points of 7, by a mere 0.5 in writing.

I was under the false impression that there must have been few mistakes in my writing. But, i happened to read the reviews of other people who have scored well in other modules but not in writing. This clearly indicates that this marking down is intentional. People like us who do not want to go through the lengthy and painful procedure of re-evaluation would give in to the pressure of retaking the exam & try hard to gain the extra 0.5 marks and again scores get pulled down.

I was warned against taking IELTS exam through IDP, as there were many complaints and questions raised on the unfair marking system. I did not pay heed to these rumors & now i have this horrible experience. Needless to say, this is very disappointing and annoying.

Very unhappy with IDP and will ensure that i start warning people against taking English exams through IDP.

Now, I need justification and also a copy of the answer script for my review. We end up paying so much of money and also have to face this fraudulent scoring practice.

I am waiting for a response & also copy of the scripts at the earliest.
brahmendra

Oct 12, 2017

Did't get any conformation mail from your side

Hello IDP i am brahmendra kumar donta i have regestered for exam from IDP but i did't recieve any conformational mail and all.
mellu

Sep 24, 2017

exam dste

No information regarding test
My exam is on 30thsep2017, but I don't have any information regarding my speaking test date, time and centre. I tried calling idp people 100 times but they don't respond..
preetikumar0607

Sep 22, 2017

Fraudulent Down scoring in Writing Test

I am Preeti Arora, and I recently gave 2 General training Exams on 3rd August (through British Counci in Delhil) and 9th September (through IDP in Jaipur). Please take a look at the scores from both the tests:

3rd August
L-8.5
R-9.0
S- 8.5

9th September
W-6.0
S-8.5

In both the cases, are you out to prove that someone who scores perfectly in Listening, Reading and Speaking will not be able to score the bare minimum score requirement for the immigration process.

This is how you get us on our Knees, with the scores of last test, dated 3rd August, I was pushed to apply for a re-test as the process of re-evaluation takes 10 weeks. So, I spent more money, went to another city spent on hotel and traveling. Though, I was always sure of my writing skills. I am sure you can judge that from this email as well.

Yet, repeatedly, I have been scored down between 6.0 to 6.5. It is obvious that IDP and British council have malicious intent of driving profitability. There is no concern, what so ever, about the impact such operating procedures have on the Education, Career and lives of people who are paying to be assessed.

This is a serious corrupt business practice. Please share my writing copies for both the tests and lets see if it was really worth the scores given.

Why is it that these copies are not shared with us, make them public, I have no issues. Since you have monopoly, you think it is alright to play with people's money and life. I need a response to this mail or else, i will take this to the highest authority including the consumer court.
preetikumar0607

Sep 22, 2017

Purposeful Down scoring in Writing Test

I am Preeti Arora. I recently gave 2 General training Exams on 3rd August (through British Counci in Delhil) and 9th September (through IDP in Jaipur). Please take a look at the scores from both the tests:

3rd August

S-8.5

Niki1995

Sep 19, 2017

General training

I just started practicing idp listening practice tests and I am really disappointed to see how difficult it is.. even it is general training module and you guys are ripping off money from people. I am sure if your examiners are given these tests even they will fail!

Stop this corruption for god sake! People's future is dependent on this result.
laila1788@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2017

Transfer of Test

I had put a request for transfer for my test and the request was rejected. When I called the tollfree. number to seek a redressal, the operator was very rude and did not give me a chance to speak. To the extent that she back answered me and was bot all cooperative. The tollfree number was an India number and the operators name was Deepika. Request you to treat your candidates with respect and give redressal to our complaints.
Zuber1987

Sep 10, 2017

Quality of headphones

I recently appeared for exam on 9th September 2017. I found headphones are not working proper when invigilator asked us to test with sample sound. I inform to invigilator, they had just down the volume and told me that it's working.

But I found again when the actuall exam was started but the staff told me that they can't stop the CD.

I lost my concentration which will eventually affect my result.

I was not expecting such behavior from the staff after paying that much amount of fees. They were not cooperative.

I urge you to please look into the matter.
Galle Lions Xls

Aug 3, 2017

customer care phone not answer

i called your idp srilanka hotline number for more than 6 times .but no one answer the phone .customer care number is 0778849988

why are you doing this to us .if the phone not working please give us a valid phone number .this feels so inconvenience
Bhadresh Malani

Jul 27, 2017

payment deducted from my account

25 july i took my date for coming 19 august date in idp surat center but i also field all the details and upload valid documents i pressed button of registration money deducted from my account but i dont get any conformation mail from idp now what i do about my money and exam date
Shibila Yoosuf

Jul 10, 2017

IELTS Certificate

I am Shibila. I have not received my IELTS certificate yet. I wrote my exam in October 22nd 2016.
kabir786

Jun 19, 2017

keep coming same result 10 years study in australia

Dear IDP Australia,

I, MD Humayun Kabir came to Australia in August , 2007 as an international student and pursue my studies at IIBIT Institute Australia, after completing Higher Secondary School Certificate from reputed college in Bangladesh. Before applying student visa in Australia, I had to attend IELTS exam from British Council, Bangladesh in 2007 and I got 6. Since then, I am living as a student here in Australia. I commenced English for Academic purposes, which was completed on 26/10/2010 cause university requirement 6.5; I have completed my course in 2 years full time Hospitality course, which was, teach by English. After that, I applied for Skill Assessment from TRA to be recognized as qualified cook. After that I have done advanced diploma of Business Management, and achieved qualified certificate, which is taught by English too. In 2016 November I have completed my graduation in BACHELOR OF BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEM (SYSTEM ANALYSIS). It took 4 years from The Australian Accredited University to pass it. This was also teaching by English language. From 2008 to till now I have attended IELTS exam several times in Australia. But I never got more than 5.5. In 2010 I could not apply for TR (Temporary Residency) because of my 5.5 score in IELTS. After my graduation I could not apply for 485 graduate skill visas for my internship to get work experience because of the same score again. I do not understand, why my score remaining the same? I have practiced hard and gave all my effort to get more than 5.5 . Where is all my effort gone? I have given my last 10 years here in Australia as student. Now try to go back overseas with Australian full time paid experience so I can have a good job.I know You will suggest me for re-scoring ,But I think That is also a business policy of yours . Because If my score increased than you have to refund. I don’t think you will do a loss business. I think you are more powerful than Immigration, as you are deciding I mean to say that this IELTS score is deciding my fate. If I go back to my home country now as a failure for this language test, I can not start a fresh and already I lose some golden opportunities during these years because now I am 30 . I want to mention one thing that not only my life is ruining , my family I mean my wife , my parents life also finishing . Because they are hopefull about me.

Q 1 is it IELTS harder than any advanced diploma qualification?

Q 2 is a IELTS more tough than certificate course like hospitality?

Q3 is IELTS test more complicated than bachelor degree?

I did not study any other languages, as they are Australian accredited English study institutions. if we need to show language proficiency after gradation in Australia it is completely insulting Australian education system. One thing I know if I don’t want you to pass then you can’t pass. It is good money making business but how long? In my university and other university they don’t have faith on IELTS anymore. Please as a humble request don’t do that with people. And I am going back overseas without my internship professional program causes IELTS, and I don’t need it but for the Future people.

Thanks for nice business with IELTS Australia.

be fair

Speaking 7.5
When I went to receive the hard copy from the center in Alhasah I was in shock it was overall 6.5
Speaking 7.5
Why did they change the listening this is cheating they just want money it is unfair and they did not provide me with clear explanation they just said accepted why I want to know why who is deciding these things. May be because it is the only center in our city and they know if I got 7 I won't come back.

un fair result

my result unfair

Jun 13, 2017

about the center and result

Airtel - Recharge not credited
    Recharge of Rs 10 made to my mobile 9840265863 by...
    idea cellular - idea cellular menas loot wali company
    Respected sir I am one of the customer of idea cellular of...
    ssc chsl - About payment issues
    I filled CHSL form on 02/12/2017 and also did online...
    Idea Cellular - online recharge - idea cellular menas loot wali company
    Respected sir I am one of the customer of idea cellular of...
    Aircel - Internet
    Dear Vandana Dangi, We hope your issue has been...
    Sanjay gohane - Payment of mseb not done from bank of maharastra through ...
    I have pay MSEB electrical bill through bhim app &...
    justdial.com - Harrassment cheating fraud
    सावधान । सावधान ।मंदी...
    PACEWELL CARGO - Delay of Cargo
    We send a shipment through British Airways against AWB No:...
    PayU - Fraud Transaction
    Sub: Fraud Transaction Dear Sir, ...