Indian Railway

Consumer complaints and reviews about Indian Railway

kumarjyoti2478

Nov 1, 2017

Train Missed due to Train was late without reason

I took TRAIN 15203 (PNR 6607309078) on 30st Oct from MFP but train was late without reason and bad planning and running by rail staff and reached Lucknow around 3 hrs late at 3:59 PM on 31st Oct. Due to this I missed my Shatabdi 12003 (PNR 2600168424) for GZB at 3:35PM on 31st Oct. This happened only due to railway bad planning and delay the train without any reason.So request you to refund the amount of Rs3195/- asap.

waiting for quick and positive response.

Thanks n Regards

Cancelled ticket refund not credited after 30 days
Nsauditc

Oct 30, 2017

Refund not credit

Pnr 660-2701778. Ticket cancelled but refund not credit after 30 days.
ashishashu malik

lost bag in the train

Sir mere parents 22/10/2017 ko mansurpur railway station se ghaziabad st pr train no 54474 sharanpur to new delhi train se ja rahe the ghaziabad pr utarne ke baad wo apna blue colur ka bag train mein hi bhul gaye uske ander 2500 Rs/- aur kuch kapde aur 2 cocunet ke gole the wo usi train mein reh gaye agr new delhi station pr wo luggage mile to aap please mere no pr infor kar dena my no is 8383803761 and my parents no is 8267918180
Dreamcatcher

Oct 22, 2017

Bedbugs in blankets and bedsheets.

The passenger of Azad Hind express, coach B6 are facing sleepless nights as the railways have provided us with unclean blankets and bedsheets with lot of bed bugs in them. Truly disappointed @RailMinIndia. Please look into this.

Bedbugs in blankets and bedsheets.

shrikant.wasake@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2017

RAC seats allotted between female and male persons

My wife is traveling from Nagpur to Pune. We have booked ticket 3 months before, we got RAC while booking.
After chart preparation also the status was RAC and two persons were allotted one seat as it was RAC.
For female person travelling alone with RAC ticket could you provide another RAC also female.
How can one female and male share one seat even though they have RAC ticket. If single female is traveling with RAC ticket then could you arrange another RAC female, so that both will share one berth.
If there is only one female person with RAC then at least could you provide confirm berth to her instead of RAC.
Please take this concern seriously.
Narayan018

Oct 16, 2017

Delay of train number 12252

Hi, good morning. I am sorry to say that, because of the 12252 train delay my brother is unable to attend his MTS exam. I am the person who believes in Indian Railways. I made a reservation from Hyderabad to Kurnool this morning for the train 12252. The actual schedule time to reach kurnool is 5.50. Unfortunately now, it's arrival time to Kurnool is nearly by 9.36. I humbly request you to make sure the trains will not be long delayed. If it was any long delay happens please inform the passengers approx delay timing prior they face any disappointment. Atleast they will go with any alternatives. In this comparative world getting a job is not only difficult but also a big thing. So I hope he missed his opportunity because of train delay. It's really a big deal for an unemployed people in India. I wish that it will never happens to anyone because of Indian Railways delay.

Swechchha rathore

Oct 13, 2017

Train drlay over the time

Respected Sir/ Ma'am,

I have honour to take your kind attention towards the delay, inconvenience and an unprofessional act of Indian Railways.
I booked a ticket in train no. 22482 which is scheduled to depart from the Delhi Sarai Rohilla Station at 23:15. However, firstly train was delayed for 1 hour 45 minutes. By the time we could understand the railways concern for the delay and we could reach station the train was already there on platform and the further announcement stated that the train will further be delayed for 2 hours more.
The continous announcement which is staying that they are regretful for their act, as a concerned citizen I wish to know that how is the railway going to compensate our valuable time? How the railway is going to answer about their unprofessional regret?
Therefore I would like you to take the complaint at the immidiate forefront to resolve the issue.

A concerned citizen

श्री मान महोदय
सफाई का फ़ीड बैक देना हमारा कर्तव्य है
और लेना उनका कर्तव्य है
मगर साफई ना हो तो झूठ बोल कर PNR numbar और साईन कराले
और इसका कॉमप्ले करने पर बोलते हुए कहे हमको 4 फिड बैक लेना होता है और मै आपक फिड बैक काट नहीं सकता
और वो मना कर दिया।

MOB. - 09718911551 Thank you

Toilet cleaning Toilet cleaning Toilet cleaning

9255238308aB

Oct 11, 2017

Non Refund of amount on failed transaction

I booked a ticket from IRCTC website from DEC (Delhi Cantt) to NNL( Narnaul) on 06.10.2017 in 12066. The first transaction (100001005035258) was failed & i have not got refund of Rs. 90.27 in my account.

Hence I request you to kindly arrange to refund my deducted amount at the earliest.

Rajpal Yadav
pinturoy2003@yahoo.co.in

Oct 4, 2017

Cleaning negligence

My name is Narattam Roy and I am a staff of Indian RailWays. At present I am boarded in train no.12301 Rajdhani Express ( coach -B3 and berth-39) which got started yesterday at 16.55 hrs from Howrah. As I just asked the sweeper on duty in this train why not spraying air freshener/ perfume, which is sprayed at starting of train usually, the sweeper ignored at first then said that was sprayed at night. But when copassengers asked when you sprayed as none could see such, the sweeper promptly asked it will be sprayed now if you request. After that when I asked his name he simply ignored to utter and went away.

### - When our respected Prime Minister and our Govt is pressurising for cleanliness or cleaning drive ( SWACHHTA ABHIYAN), how one sweeper be so arrogant not to do his duty properly which is associated to said drive.

### - If one sweeper be so misbehaved fellow that not disclose his name and answer appropriately and flees, what will be the impression about Indian Railways and administration to the public / foreigners/ passengers.

NARATTAM ROY
parull

Oct 3, 2017

consistent delay of train 14369/70

I m complaining about the consistent delay of a single train connecting Singrauli district of M.P. (so called energy capital of india) with the few cities of Uttar pradesh. Despite being a life line for the employees working in energy sectors and posted there, Railway has never tried to facilitate them average train.For the distance of less than 500 km, this train takes official 16 hrs which is shameful and in last 3 years i have never seen this train arriving on time.This is the highly ignored train i guess.We are working in remote areas for the energy needs of our country but Railway can not even provide us an average train.I am not demanding Bullet train please give us an average train so that we can also reach our home in 10-12 hrs.If railway will check the status of this train they will definitely not be able to find the moments when it has reached on time either you take Lucknow or Singrauli as a destination in last 10 years.
USp@123

Oct 1, 2017

much delay and careless service regarding luggage parcelin time

I had booked my luggage one still box through railway parcel from kolhapur to kharagpur on 13 sep 17 vide LT no. A0435880 till date I have been not receiving daily m in contact with kharagpur parcel officer but they are not taking any action.also I had raised complaint regarding Not receive of luggage on 22sep 17 yet they had not taken any action
Request to take action as soon as I hope I shall got mY luggage immediate and action to be taken on those who are responsible for such careless job
Ranganath S

Sep 29, 2017

Delay of the train no 17225

Train no 17225, runs from Hubli to Vijayawada in a regular basis. On 29-09-17 train starts from Hubli and it reach Guntur on 30-09-17 early morning 3:30. But from Guntur to Vijayawada it takes more than 3:00 hours to reach, generally it's 45 mins time to cover the distance to an express. For this I am unable to catch next train to reach my destination. Please do the needful regarding delay.
balwan619

Sep 27, 2017

Cycle parcel from Jodhpur to bhuj not received

I have booked my cycle in parcel from JODHPUR to BHUJ on 04 JULY 2017 . The receipt no is L118374 . I have not received my cycle at BHUJ Railway Station. Please help me this regard.

With Regards
BALWAN SINGH
Mb. 8426074609
Bikash Bhattacharjya

Sep 14, 2017

ticket cancellation charge

I booked ticket in Train no.12423 through IRCTC dated 1st Sept, 2017 (PNR. 6604878019). I also booked return ticket on Train No. 12424, dated 2nd Sept, 2017 (2335342528). The train 12423 was cancelled by Railways due to flood situation in Bihar, and full refund was provided for this ticket.

However, the train 12424 was not cancelled by Railways. As I could not perform my travel on 1st Sept, I was forced to cancel the return ticket manually for which IRCTC charged 25% charge.

Please note that the return ticket cancellation was not my wilful cancellation. It was the railways problem of cancelling the onward train for which I had to cancel the return ticket manually. So, cancellation charge should not have been taken from me for this ticket too.

So, I request you hereby for the needful to refund me the cancellation charge of ticket No. 2335342528 (Train No. 12424, dated 2nd Sept). Else, give me the justification for which I do not deserve it.

Please tell me whether I cancelled the return ticket for my mistake/wish/convenience or I cancelled the ticket due to railways related action.
VKS@

Sep 8, 2017

Ticket booked by Agents

When Reservation window was open on July for 15-Oct(Diwali Vacation) then only 4 3rd AC seats were available in train.Railway should define a limit for agents.Most of tickets booked by agents if have limited trains in a route.If we go through agents then they charge 200-500 per passenger on a ticket.

Ticket booked by Agents

bvs2018

Sep 7, 2017

Non-receipt of TDR Claim amount

I have booked a 2AC ticket from Visakhapatnam to Nellore by train no.12889 (TATA YPR EXP) for 12th August 2017. To my surprise the said Train has been diverted and it didn't touch Visakhapatnam, my boarding station. I didn't received any communication regarding Train diversion. With the result I couldn't travel and I registered a TDR CLAIM to get my amount of Rs.1350/-. The details are:. Cancellation ID ################;. PNR NO.6502127870. I have also reminded the IRCTC authorities by E-email and has been assigned ticket ID [IRCTC #6645445]. But so far my TDR CLAIM has not been settled.... Requesting early redressal of my grievance..... BV SURYANARAYANA. MOBILE NO.9848414551
rahul0385

Aug 17, 2017

complain about indian railway food

sir this is rahul kumar travelling frm patna to pune train no.- 12150 starting frm danapur 16 aug 2017, 22:55 to pune 18 aug 2017.
sir my complain is about food they are providing in train. i am a regular user of pantry car food, never bring frm outside.
sir every time they give 2 paratha, rice, dal, and 2 veg (1 paneer & 1 normal vegitable) and 1 200ml glass of water@ 90 rs. This ia not a best but a good deal for food in train.

But this time they gave me only 1 normal veg and of aaloo and parwal where only 1 parwal is there, rest are only aaloo. paneer item not seen in veg thali. rice quantity decreases
everyday bt price increases. quality of food is also not that much good in comparison of price.

so my question is why we pay 90 rs or more for that type of food that can neither fill our stomach nor fill our mind.

i unterstand outside food even how much costly and good that never fill our mind bt atleast our stomach after paying that much amount.

I am upset from indian railway catering system because they remove 1 more item from veg thali. if any one asking for veg instead of chicken and egg it means paneer item not aaloo and parwal for 90 rs. they removed paneer item from veg is not good.

And its my humble request that take money according to serve.

so from now atleast i am not going to take pantry meals.

And 1 more thing sir , please don't reveal my name and identity
Manoj kr Sinha

Aug 5, 2017

Why berth preference column in reservation

I have booked ticket in GaribRath today with
PNR:2663193572,TRAIN:12878,DOJ:15-08-17,3A,NDLS-RNC .In prefrence column I had filled lower Berth as one Female member is with me. Most of Birth was Vacant but instead of lower Birth I got S.Middle & S.Upper.
If Berth is allotted randomly then why preference column is given.
vkguptaopf

Jul 25, 2017

TDR

More than 5 months passed but the refund against TDR No. 100000141861862(PNR No. 2427010011) for reason Train late more than three hours and passenger not travelled has not been received till date.

V K GUPTA
email- Virendragupta3@gmail.com
vprk9193

Jul 16, 2017

NON-REFUND OF E-TICKET CANCELLED THROUGH TDR

I HAD PURCHASED AN E-TICKET IN GARIB RATH (TR. NO. 12877) FROM RANCHI TO NEW DELHI FOR 20-02-2017 (DATE OF JOURNEY).THE PNR OF THIS TICKET WAS 6561681669 AND IT WAS A WAITING-LIST TICKET. THE TICKET WAS NOT CONFIRMED AND REMAINED IN RAC AFTER PREPARATION OF CHART ON THE DATE OF JOURNEY. TDR WAS FILED ON 20.02.2017 AT 12.59 HRS. FOR CANCELLATION OF THE RAC TICKET. (TDR TR. ID- 100000746599562).
I HAD PURCHASED ANOTHER E-TICKET FROM RANCHI TO NEW DELHI FOR THE SAME DATE IN JHARKHAND S.KRANTI EXPRESS (TRAIN NO. 12825). PNR NO. OF THIS TICKET WAS 6764535523 & BERTH NO. WAS 1 IN AC-2 COACH NO.A1.
I PERFORMED MY JOURNEY FROM RANCHI TO NEW DELHI ON THIS TICKET.
THE TDR FILED FOR REFUND OF RAC TICKET WAS REJECTED WITH THE REASON- "AS PER CHART, PASSENGER HAS TRAVELLED". THIS IS TOTALLY FALSE AS I HAD PERFORMED MY JOURNEY ON THE OTHER TICKET MENTIONED ABOVE ON THE SAME DATE 20-02-2017.
I, THEREFORE, REQUEST THE RAILWAY'S CONCERNED AUTHORITY TO LOOK INTO THE MATTER AND ARRANGE TO REFUND THE MONEY OF MY TICKET CANCELLED THROUGH TDR FILING.

NAME- VIJAY PRAKASH
AGE-58
MOB.NO.-8527124222
E-MAIL : prakash.vijay24@yahoo.co.in
Hammad5

Jul 12, 2017

Refunding Amount of ticket cancellation

I have cancelled my e-ticket having PNR No.8548307670 (Date: 06.07.2017), but did not receive the refunding amount till yet. Please look into the matter & take necessary action.

M Faheem
RakeshChau

Jul 8, 2017

Online Reservation system

Why can't Railway reservation system show the Birth Position a the time of on-line booking before payment confirmation. I was travelling with my family comprising of kids by Puroshottam Exp on 3rd July 2017 under PNR 6301262324 and got one birth in B2, 3 births in B1 but all scattered. afew fellow passengers (elderly people not able to climb on upper birth were given senseless seat.

Hope Railway will improve its system and on-line system can accommodate elderly people, children upto 11 years and pregnant ladies in lower birth and it is not impossible to design the software.

Rakesh
RakeshChau

Jul 8, 2017

Purushottam Express 12801 — Running 5 our late on 3/4 july and I missed Flight to Singapore

I wast travelling on 3rd July in B1 coach with my family under PNR: 6301262324 hoping to catch my flight from IGI T3 departure 9.30am by Jet airways on 4th July. The train reached New Delhi station at about 9.40am and have suffered huge financial loss to re-book flight tickets for Singapore and Jakarta. I could manage to get room in Ginger Hotel on Ajmeri gate side.

I am not sure that if Railway can improve its functioning in next 100 years also. Will railway be sensitive enough to understand the importance of time management? Will railway compensate me for the losses incurred in re-booing tickets and hotel reservation.

Raesh

Plastic factory - Illegal factory in fully resident area
    Illegal and unauthorized company running in residential...
    shapoorji pallonji - Payment not receive to longtime
    We are Techno securities (India), Jaipur, we installed...
    Honda unicorn 150 - Engine Noise
    Hello, I bought Honda CB unicorn 150 in Dec 2016 from...
    fedex courier - Wrongly Updated as item delivered
    My name is ravinder pal singh & my mobile no. is...
    Citi Financial - loan account not closed after paid settlement amount
    HELLO SIR MYSLEF MANJOG DNYANESHWAR GOSAVI FROM NAGPUR...
    HONDA TWO wheeler - Engine Noise
    Hello, I bought Honda CB unicorn 150 in Dec 2016 from...
    rozana daawat rice niki 40 - Daawat Pulav rice
    The basmati pulav rice had 3 different types of rice mixed...
    uc news team - pending approval status
    Hi UC News Team, It has been ages since my account is...
    Delhi Jal Board - Gutter water supplied
    Foul smelling sewerage water flowing in tap for last 30...
    Nathella Jewellery - Non payment of Gold chit fund
    Chit gold saving scheme Nathella Chit gold saving scheme...