Indian Railways

Consumer complaints and reviews about Indian Railways

sachabrah

Aug 25, 2019

Water

I'm traveling from Delhi to kerala boarded on 12626 Kerala express reached near nellore....my complain is regarding water their is no water in train b'cos of tht all pessenger are suffering plz help asap

Oct 2, 2018

Unsatisfactory service

We are traveling by this train.Toilets and coaches are very unclean.Response for SMS sent to coach mitra unsatisfactory.

PNR:4349495040,TRN:16618,DOJ:02-10-18,3A,CBE-RMM,DP:19:45,
TVS SUBRAMANIAN+3,B2 1,B2 4,B2 7,B2 2,
Fare:1870.This rail travel is insured

Aug 15, 2018

Unsatisfactory service

We travelled in Weekly Coimbatore to Rameswaram train and we find no water availability in toilet.The Charging Stations for mobile was quite unsatisfactory with their results We could not operate the mobiles when they were charging.

PNR:4146486151,TRN:16618,DOJ:14-08-18,3A,CBE-RMM,DP:19:45,
TVS SUBRAMANIAN+3,B2 17,B2 23,B2 20,B2 18,
Fare:1870.This rail travel is insured

Aug 14, 2018

Unsatisfactory service

We had one of our worst experiences while travelling in Weekly Train to Coimbatore.No place for keeping mobiles or Spectacles near the berths.All the berths have this complaint.So while travelling in this train I almost lost my spectacle and mobile a chance of getting trampled by Other passengers since it has fallen down from the side berth (lower).PNR:4146486151,TRN:16618,DOJ:14-08-18,3A,CBE-RMM,DP:19:45,
TVS SUBRAMANIAN+3,B2 17,B2 23,B2 20,B2 18,
Fare:1870.This rail travel is insured.
GANESH SESHADRI

Jun 10, 2018

DELAYED TRAIN RUNNING

A ticket to Chennai was booked in Kovai Exp. (Train No.12676) leaving at 2.55pm on 07.06.2018. Even though the train left at the right time of 2.55 pm on 7.6.18, it was delayed by over an hour and a half near Salem, for engine failure. Since this is a superfast train the running time could have been so adjusted to reach Chennai at the right time of 10.30pm or at least the delay of an hour and a half kept up. But, this SUPERFAST train reached Chennai only at 1.00AM at the dead of the night. The Railways may well think of the numerous hardships faced by many lone passengers, especially the elderly and women, who have to reach their destinations in Chennai far off. Nearly all of them have to travel at least 5 to 6 kms in the middle of the night to reach their homes, the conveyance for which is an arduous task faced by these helpless people, what with the local taximen or automen resorting to rampant fleecing taking advantage of the night time. This apart, the safety of such passengers in a Metro like Chennai is at stake. Even though technical problems and other operational reasons may be cited, the railways can well arrange for proper mode of reasonably priced conveyance to various destinations in a big metro like Chennai. In the event of operational reasons for delay being inevitable, the Railways can give priority to such Superfast trains in the running time, so that the delay is compensated to the maximum and the train reaches at the most half an hour late. Let the Railways give priority to the Passenger Comfort first, and then look into the operational hurdles. It is once again reiterated to avoid delayed running of trains, especially superfast, express and premium trains, at least.
velmbala2

Apr 13, 2018

Train delay

Train No 06048, QLN MAS Express running late by 3 hrs today 13/04/2018

Pathetic service from Indian Railways.

Who will track and all these and set the house in order.
dchandran

Jan 20, 2016

Shatabti Cbe-chennai corruption

My name is Dineshkumar M C male 36
I traveled form coimbatore(CBE) to chennai(MAS) by shatabti(trn no: 12244) date for travel(18/01/2016), i was accompanied by my wife and 4 year old son, My PNR-4735967357, one ticket was confirmed before travel C7, 47 and other one was WL-1, i inquired my eligibility to travel with TT before boarding, i was told i can travel.
After a while TT came and asked for my Id proof which i furnished my PAN and Driving license. then he said he would try to arrange for a seat and also informed this train would not get full often.
After a while he alloted seat C3, 44 and advised to swap with the pas anger if i wish to travel with my family together. which i agreed and got the seat swapped with a male passenger.
while the TT came to me and asked for my wife's id card as here gender is mention as Male
The name of the passenger as follows.
P1. Dineshkumar M C M 36
P2. Ramya Dineshkumar F 34. i apologized for the wrong gender selection for my wife and said my wife has a photocopy of her driving license which he ignored, though i was holding all the original Id proof and i am the Primary P1 passenger. TT asked me to meet him in person and in private and asked me to pay a penalty of Rs.1800 which i refused and asked him to alight me if rules did not allow a co-passenger to travel without original id proof, for which he said he cannot alight me but asked me to pay penalty and also pestered me how much you can pay?, after few exchange of words both TT on the train took Rs. 500 as bribe together and ordered me not to discuss with any one.
Both the TT's for the route should be ashamed for their act, i pity for the Indian Railways for employing corrupt TTR's, though many steps are taken to quell corruption, this menace would not stop. i wish my 4 year old son would live in clean country like any other citizen with this experience i still doubt there will be a change after all.
Rishiraj Dwivedi

Mar 4, 2015

parcel not received

sir i have booked my parcel on 2/3/2015 quantity of 96 from tirupur to Raipur with receipt number R 667010. I haven't received the parcel yet. i have asked in Raipur also they are not providing any answer. i need to know the condition of my parcel and when i will receive it. my self rishi my phone number is 09584550370

Jul 22, 2011

No porter to carry the luggage

Hello

It is True that there are Series of Lottery and Giving Out
of Cash Reward from UK.
Unfortunately Mobile Numbers and Email Addresses of Winners
has been Hacked, and Winners are Now been Contacted Illegally.
Do not respond to the senders of these Messages, as they
are not in Position to Pay you your Winning PRIZE.
Send your Full Name, Address, Telephone Number and Winning Message
you received to the United Kingdom Investigation Bureau
on [email protected] so as to enable them ascertain
if you really won the Lottery and give you true information
on how your winnings can be Collected.
You Will also be Informed if the Winning Message you Received is a Fraud Notification.

Feb 14, 2012

Irresponsible TTR behavior

On Sunday (Feb 12, 2012) , I travelled from Salem to Coimbatore in West Coast express with my 53 year old mother and 4 yr old kid.
It was a horrible train journey I have ever had and an irresponsible TTR and shame on Indian railways
My PNR number 4237705674 and coach number S5- 33, 36 (lower berths)
When we got into the Train in salem , there were 15 people sitting on the berth including Side upper, Side lower
In those 15 people, only 3 had valid reserved train ticket , I asked them to move away and nobody heard my words and they were just sitting.
Somehow myself and my mother sat with the kid on the lower berth and we wanted to make the kid sleep. I told them to move, as they did not hear I opened the middle berth and made my kid to sleep and asked my mother to sleep on the lower berth. Still people were sitting on the lower berth where my mother was sleeping.
As no gents was with me , I was not ready to fight with the people who were not having the tickets. After 20 minutes TTR came , first question he asked is who is the patient here and why this lady is sleeping -- This questions was for my mother
He started to check the tickets and first he straightly came and asked my ticket first, I showed the ticket and he asked my ID card, I showed my ID card.
He was a North Indian and could not speak proper Tamil. As I know Hindi, I spoke to him in Hindi. I asked him why so many people are there sitting on the reserved coach without ticket
He said till Salem this is unreserved coach thats why and i told him it is very congested so please ask the people to go to unreserved coach. he said OK OK in an sarcastic way
Apart from me and other 3 people who had ticket, he did not even ask tickets from other people. Also he did not ask them to move out, he was casually chatting with them
Also point to note, he was not wearing his name badge and I could not note down his name. It clearly showed that he got money from the other passengers and left us to suffer till we reached Coimbatore.
My questions are
- in day train, is there any rule that patients only should sleep
- How come in a place reserved for 8 people, 15 people can sit and enjoy without having even unreserved ticket

Jul 22, 2011

No porter to carry the luggage

I reached Coimbatore with my wife from Bangalore at 12:15 midnight.
Absolutely there is not a single porter to carry my lugguage.
I took the items of my lugguage one by one from the platform
keeping my wife at the platform to keep a watch on the items while
I shifted my lugguage one after the other from the platform to
the cab in waiting at the car parking lot.
If the Station master can not take care of this then why can not
IRCTC provide some lugguage trollys.
Coimbatore is one station which suffers due to shortage of porter
not only at midnight but even during day times.

Jun 19, 2011

refund of wl ticket

chart prepared. only waiting list 8 as such iwant cancel pnr no 8543356641 tid 0345052292 date of book 25.05.2011. pl cancell and amount refunded

Jan 26, 2011

demurrage for my bike

I had send one Motor bike from NewDelhi to Coimbatore by train vide Way Bill No.0053011 dated 05-01-2011. Since I wanted it to be bought along with me, as directed by the parcel clerk, I took the bike two hours before the actual departure of the train and made the booking. I was given the assurance that it will be carried in the same train in which I was travelling ( PNR No: 211-5071416, Ticket No: 26635636, train No: 12626 Kerala express dated 05-01-2011). On arriving at Coimbatore station I came to know that the said item was not loaded in the same train. Until 10th January I used to enquire every day at the parcel office and used to get the same reply. There after I could make an enquiry only on the 19th and I was informed that the bike was brought to Coimbatore on 11th January. I had to pay a demurrage of Rs.1990/- vide Money Receipt No:940637 dated 19-01-2011 to get the bike released.
I would like the answers to the following Questions of Mine.
1.Having told by the booking clerk and taking all the pain to book my Bike 2 hours before the departure of the train, why the bike was not loaded in the same train?
2. Why the bike once it arrived in Coimbatore Junction even though the address and telephone number was given, no effort was made to contact me?
3. Indian Railways is sole responsible for the late arrival of my Bike and why railways does not take a responsibility of it and instead charge me on a hourly basis?
4. I was told that the bike will be kept only for 6 hours once it arrives and from then it will be charged? On What basis will I know on which train my Bike was coming when actually it was intended to come on the same train I was travelling?
Hope you will answer my queries.

Sajith John Abraham.

Oct 11, 2010

Lack of action from the TTE and the coimbatore RPF for helping the passenger who were in need of them in the reserved compartment .

Hi ,
I am Rajeev.I travelled by the Trivandrum - Guwahati super fast express no 2515 to Chennai on 10-10-2010 . I had a reserved ticket and boarded the train from my boarding point in ernakulam , kerala .I noticed that there were a lot of unreserved people travelling by the train in the sleeper compartment and in my berth due to which i was not able rest well . I informed the TTE but he did not take notice of it.The train reached coimbatore station at 9:30pm and i informed the RPF in the station but to my great disappointment they just simply told that they cannot do anything in this regard and they cannot move the unreserved ticket people away from the reserved compartment.

The whole night i could not sleep in my berth and also could not go to the rest room as unreserved ticket people were sitting all overthe berth and also on the floor.Even other reserved passengers had the same problem .

If this is the action from the TTE and the RPF then i do not understand how the passengers can travel safely in the long distance trains and also why do we passengers have to book the ticket in advance in sleeper compartment when the passengers who are having just normal tickets also can board the sleeper compartments the whole night .

I want strict action to be taken against the TTE and the Coimbatore RPF for not doing their duties.

Many passengers experienced the problems and suffering due to this and were cursing the railways for lack of action from their side.Next day it was very tough to go to office also as we were not able to rest properly and had pains in the body.

Hope the consumer complaints department take immediate action in this regard so that such incidents will be avoided in future

Sep 7, 2010

Account Got Suspended

I always book my train tickets through IRCTC - irctc.co.in. 2 months back i was not able to travel also i forgot to cancel the ticket, after that i file a TDR against it. 2 weeks back i got a mail says that "your account has been suspended, Due to fake TDR file". I was totally shocked, till no i have booked so many tickets for myself and my parents for the next 3 months in irctc, even i didn't took any printout of those tickets.

Since i have contact customer care over 15 times and also sent more that 10 emails. Till now i didn't got any responce. Most of the time lines are busy suppose if they attent also not giving proper responce.

Already i have missed 2 travel not being login to account.

Jul 1, 2010

NOT PRESENCE OF TTE

RESPECTED SIR,
ON 29 JUNE 2010 I TRAVELED FROM KANYAKUMARI TO COIMBATORE ON RESERVED TICKET PNR NO. 453-1093162, TRAIN NO 6525 BANGALORE EXP ALONG WITH MY FAMILY. COACH NO S-9 SEAT NO-39,38,39 AND S-1 SEAT NO-01 WAS ALLOTTED TO ME. TRAIN WAS FULL DUE TO LOCAL (DAILY) PASSENGER, I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO USE MY RESERVED SEAT. MY BOTH CHILDREN SUDDENLY BECOME SERIOUS SICK DUE TO HIGH FEVER AND OTHER PROBLEMS, AFTER 8 HRS OF JOURNEY TTE CAME TO CHECK MY TICKET AT TRICHUR, HE TOLD ME HE IS ERNAKULAM RAILWAY STATION STAFF BEFORE THAT NO TTE OR OTHER PERSON WAS AVAILABLE TO HELP ME. I WAS MENTALLY TENSE BY SEING CONDITION OF MY SONS. I REQUEST HIM TO PROVIDE ME MEDICAL AIDS IMMEDIATELY AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. BY SEEING CONDITION OF MY SON HE ARRANGED DOCTOR AT PALAGHAT RAILWAY STATION. DOCTOR WAS AVAILABLE AND THEY CHARGE RS 50/-WHICH I HANDED OVER TO NURSE WITH CONSULTANT WITH DOCTOR AND STATION MASTER.SIR MY REQUEST IS THAT MEDICAL FACILITY SHOULD BE FREE BECAUSE PEOPLE ASK FOR DOCTOR ONLY IN EMERGENCY, AND IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT ALL PEOPLE HAVE SUFFICIENT MONEY AT THAT TIME.

HDFC Bank - CHARGES & ACCOUNT CLOSURE
    Dear Sir, This Is Prabhu From Chennai.I want to...
    UP BOARD Allahabad - Marksheet lost
    MY LOST HIGH SCHOOL MARKSHEET I lost my10th orignel...
    Hostitsmart.com - Very Bad Customer Service Hostitsmart.com Ripp Off
    Host IT Smart / Hosting World — Web Hosting VERY BAD...
    BBMP/Dog Catching Squad - Aggressive Stray Dogs Biting others
    Hi, A group of 3-4 dogs from neighboring lanes come and...
    CSAB - Fee refund
    Respected sir please make the fee refund procedure fast...
    CSAB - Fee refund
    Sir please make the fee refund procedure fast especially...
    ak - Fake MR FARHAN
    I’m Abhishek Ik again posting this I talked w h MR...
    DELHI SUBORDINATE SERVICE SELECTION BOARD - Wrong Graduation Board Name
    Hello Sir My name is Anjali and just on day 23 September...
    fake gigolo agency - FARHAN is FAKE
    I want to say Mr Farhan I will post my registration...