Indigo

Consumer complaints and reviews about Indigo

Himanshukr8585

Jun 7, 2019

Baggage damage claim

My name is Himanshu and my PNR No is TY2GKB. My baggage was damaged and i was offered a compensation of 5250 rupees. I was also received a mail from indigo regarding bank details. I have replied to the mail and my refund was processed on 17th may but till now I haven't received the money. When I contacted the customer care they all were only giving me excuses and didn't provide any relevant information. I really disappointed with indigo because my bag got damaged and till now i have not received money. I have also attached the screenshot of email which I have received from the indigo

Baggage damage claim

Jun 3, 2019

Hi Tushar,

As checked with the concerned department, no similar earphone is found in lost objects. Kindly let us know in case any other assistance is required.

May 29, 2019

Hi Tushar,

We’ll have to connect with our respective departments to get this checked. Please allow us some time.

tmadhogaria

May 24, 2019

About a lost item

Hi I travelled from kolkata to guwahati via flight 6E207 on 24/5/2019. I forgot my JBL wireless earphones in the flight and when I reached to collect my baggage at the belt I realised that I have left it in the airplane.. I contacted the ground staff and he communicated with the in flight staff who claimed that they couldn't find any such earphones.. I would be obliged if you kindly look into the matter and check the cctv if possible.. Thanking you.
Tushar Madhogaria
Contact number 8910689303
Priyadarsanan

May 23, 2019

Excess baggage charged levied against DGCA circular

Myself and my colleague Dr. Karimbumkara were passengers to the flight no 6E 316 (Guwahatti-Bangalore, Indigo PNR PI4LQG & YL1LXA) on 21st May 2019. The ground staff said that our check in baggage showed 35.4 Kg (the display is placed such way it is not visible to the passenger). we were carrying the same baggage while going Guwahatti on 16th May( which weighed 31.Kg), and added only 200 pages of printed materials and 500gm sweets). The ground staff insisted that we should pay Rs. 2000 (Rs. 400/kg) and made the payment using my credit card. Later once we reached Bangalore we have found out. that though we have paid Rs. 2000 as extra baggage charges, the receipt was issued only for Ras.1200 (for 3Kg). AS per DGCA Air Transport circular (http://dgca.nic.in/circular/atc02_2016.pdf) Dt. 10th JUNE 2016 (sect. 2 (iv) "Between 15-20 kgs of checked-in baggage, the charge per kg shall not be more than INR 100". So request to take necessary steps to redress for 1) Excess baggage charged against the DGCA rules 2) excess charges levied than the billed amount.
Priyadarsanan Dharma Rajan
ATREE, Royalk Enclave, Jakkur Post
Bangalore -560064

Excess baggage charged levied against DGCA circular

sandykumar300

Apr 8, 2019

Refund of money

MY PNR OF INDIGO FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED ON 20 MARCH 19, AFTER 7 DAYS ON 27 MAR19,01APR19,03APE19 AND 0N 7APR19 I GAVE A CALL EVERY TIME THEY SAID MONEY IS TRANSFER WAIT FOR 24 HRS. STILL TILL DATE I DID NOT GET MY MONEY REFUNDED. THIS IS MY HUMBLE REQUEST THAT PLEASE DO NEEDFUL. THANK U.

Apr 4, 2019

Hi Priyanka,

We strongly advise our passengers not to carry any of their valuables in their check-in luggage as IndiGo holds limited liability towards the same. However, you may share the booking reference / PNR so we may check with the lost and found department.

Apr 3, 2019

Diamond ring stolen

My flower shaped ring is missing from my checked in suitcase.if found contact me on 9339383485
Email : [email protected]

Mar 1, 2019

Baggage damaged and ripped off

Hi Shradha,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please confirm if the damage is reported to our staff at the arrival airport.

shradhakhandelwal

Feb 27, 2019

Baggage damaged and ripped off

Indigo flight from Jaipur-Goa via Mumbai flight no. 6E-965 and 6E-831 respectively. I had two baggages and both of them have been mishandled by Indigo staff. 1st suitcase chain has been opened / ripped apart from back side completely, seems like someone tried to open it. In the second suitcase the logo has been removed. The Indigo staff should handle passengers luggages carefully as we pay for the same. Please take action on this and help me with a refund of the damaged caused.

Baggage damaged and ripped off Baggage damaged and ripped off Baggage damaged and ripped off

Feb 5, 2019

Excess baggage scam

We are sorry to hear about this. Our airport staff has to adhere to policy guidelines and as per policy, necessary charges are applicable in case of excess baggage. It was never our intention to inconvenience you. We're are highlighting this right away to the Mumbai Airport Manager for necessary corrective steps.

zenningaway

Feb 1, 2019

Excess baggage scam

​Traveled by Indigo today, the 1st of Feb from Goa to Mumbai by 6E5097.

I used to think excess baggage was a serious operational issue in terms of a flight being overloaded, but now i think its just another money making process for airlines. My experience was with Indigo.

I did have 9 kgs excess baggage and paid the amount as demanded.

However, the shocking thing is while coming to Goa (for 4 months), i had loaded my cabin baggage in a similar fashion but no Indigo staff insisted on weighing the bags ever.

From Goa though, they insisted i weigh all my cabin luggage!

And so i had to rummage through my belongings and throw out stuff from both bags, and make two rounds to baggage screen at the entry gate. What a harrowing experience. Felt like i was being pursued. The woman at counter 7 was terrible.

On asking them why this wasn't the case in Bombay, the response given was: rules are different here in Goa. And they insisted i check in my baggage.

Does professionalism just extend to promptly levying excess baggage charges, or can it extend to uniform rules all over the country? Absolutely disgusted. Indian railways are kinder to People, and wallets.

Can someone from this airline address this?

Jan 16, 2019

Bagage cloth destroyed

Hi Akram,

We are sorry for the experience. Kindly share your booking reference/PNR number via private message so we may look into it.

Akram4356

Jan 14, 2019

Bagage cloth destroyed

When i received my baggage in kolkata it was half wet it oil.
Most of my cloths inside were destroyed and tomorrow is my meeting and i don't have anything to wear now

Jan 12, 2019

Missig Flight

Hi Aneesh,

We understand how delays can impact our customers and therefore we make every possible effort to minimize such delays and offer our customers an on-time and hassle-free flying experience. Please share your booking reference/PNR number via private message.

Aneesh Kuppachankundil

Jan 9, 2019

Missig Flight

I had booked flight in Indigo on 15 Dec 18 from Coimbatore to Bengaluru (6E 355) and a connecting flight in Air India on 16 Dec 18 from Bengaluru to Ahmedabad (AI 589). Due to delay in flight from Coimbatore to Bengaluru I could not catch the flight from Bengaluru to Ahmedabad. The Indigo official at coimbatore ensured me that flight would take off 1030 at any cost but it did take off after 1130 hrs. I had an Exam (DRDO Senior Technical Asst) at Rajkot and I could not attend the same because of the delay. Because of it my career progression came into an halt.

I request to get the full ticket amount back and amount of 2000 which was spent to reach Ahmedabad by train.
saurabh14kc

Dec 20, 2018

My Baggage is Missing

Dear Indigo Team,
I Traveled from Pune to Madurai Via Bangalore on 20th Dec'18
My PNR No. is EYPUGI
Flight No. for Pune to Bangalore - 6E681 & Bangalore to Madurai - 6E7214
Tag No. 0312181306

I Have not Got my Luggage Bag at Madurai Airport, & it has been misplaced by your end
I have discussed with the Indigo Staff, available at Madurai Airport but nothing happened.

My bag contains valuable items & my important Documents, which i require on priority.
Till now i have not get any response from Indigio Team, & only i am calling & following-up for the same since today morning.
This is very irresponsible behavior of Indigo Team and you should take responsibility of this Missing of My baggage & need to insure to find it and gave me back on priority.

This is leading to a lot of loss in my academics & professionally due to missing of all my documents & creating a lot of Mental Harassment, by calling Indigo team again & again and not getting any solution.

I Am writing this mail, as after several attempts, my issue is not getting resolved. Kindly resolve this on Priority & kindly return my baggage.

Priyanka Raj
08578975782 / 7004150831
Sai4841

Nov 26, 2018

Refund amount

My brother has booked a ticket by using a credit card . During the check in process . They asked me to show a photo copy of credit card . I showed it and then they said the card details are not matching. It was an emergency situation so i had to take that flight. The manager said that we cannot allow inside because of the card details isn’t matching. I have the proof the transaction was done with the same card which I presented at the check in process. The manager said you will get refund . At the time I booked a new ticket . He said the amount will be refunded within 14 days . Till now i haven’t received the amount.
I have the proof of the transaction from that particular card , but they are saying that card which i had used was different.
What should i do ? Should i file a complaint in the consumer court?

Sep 22, 2018

We regret the inconvenience caused. As checked, our team has assisted you on consumercomplaints website in this regard.

Aakash Mohan

Sep 20, 2018

I missed my flight on 16th Sept, 2018 from Delhi to Raipur, PNR - PBJZYV. I contacted the reservation counter to shift me in the next flight but the Indigo services were down on 16th Sept, 2018 from 0:00 hrs to 9:30 hrs, so I couldn't be shifted to next flight. Finally, after standing in the queue for 2 hours, I did a fresh booking at the reservation counter for the next immediate flight, PNR - ZIVMJA, of worth Rs 5000, which caused a huge loss to me. Since, I couldn't be shifted to the next flight due to the shutdown of Indigo services and consequently, I had to do a fresh booking at the last moment, I kindly request you to refund the fare of my flight, which I missed, PNR - PBJZYV.

No refund for missed flight due to shutdown of Indigo services on 16th Sept (0:00 hrs to 9:30 hrs) No refund for missed flight due to shutdown of Indigo services on 16th Sept (0:00 hrs to 9:30 hrs) No refund for missed flight due to shutdown of Indigo services on 16th Sept (0:00 hrs to 9:30 hrs)

Samrat Dubey

Jul 16, 2018

Refund and Fraudulent

Respected Sir/Mam,

My ticket pnr no is UJIQPK has been booked under armed quota that I canceled on the same day of booking. On 13 july 2018, when I called on helpline for refund then officials told me that cancellation was not processed and u will only get no show refund because u dont have any notification of cancellation.

On 2July 2018 I again have flight ticket OY5JKI and I reached at airport at 1am but they denied to give check in pass because I was too early, coz i was tired i slept and woke late so i approached them 25 minutes prior for boarding paas but they denied and charged me 1000 for next flight ticket and they didn't gave me any slip of that.

Sir, I would like to request you to take necessary action to insure the safety and interest of passengers.

Samrat Dubey
drajju74

Jun 10, 2018

Luggage damaged

I have travelled recently from Delhi to Bangkok via Calcutta on 24 th May 2018 by your flight no 6E 786/ 6E 77 with PNR no D7DUGL. I have checked in my luggage at Delhi directly for Bangkok. When I took the delivery of the same at Bangkok Swarnabhumi airport I found that my suitcase was badly damaged to the extent that I had to buy a new one from airport itself. When I raised the complaint at the airport I was offered 300 Baht to settle the issue there itself or was told that I would get nothing. They were not willing to even file my complaint. 400 baths for a suitcase worth 10000 rs. Please look into the matter and rreimburse my damage.

May 18, 2018

Automatic Cancellation of ticket.

We regret the inconvenience caused. As checked, our Social Media team has assisted you on Facebook in regards to the raised concern.

May 18, 2018

Flight delay making life miserable

We regret the inconvenience caused. As checked, our Consumer Forum team has assisted you on consumer complaints website in regards to the raised concern.
Kindly let us know in case further assistance is required.

jitu4231

May 17, 2018

Automatic Cancellation of ticket.

New scam of indigo airlines

I have booked a ticket on 1st May 2018 from indigo counter at Jaipur airport for my 8 year old son from jaipur to Mumbai for 16th May 5:05 flight.His PNR No was PGPDXD-6E 218. When he reached at airport in the morning with his mausi whose ticket was already booked in that flight, they came to know that my son’s ticket was cancelled on 1st May itself just 10 mins after the booking of the ticket. My kid and her mausi was tried to convince at counter that we haven’t cancelled the ticket and we had no intimation of cancellation of ticket.But the lady at indigo counter doesn’t co-operate her and tried to frightened them that they are closing the boarding and if they want to fly , they have to book a new ticket which cost Rs 10600 .Both of them are very much frightended and cried over there itself but the lady at counter had no emotions and she harassed them as much she can.At last they booked a new ticket and then fly to Mumbai.
Now I just wanted to ask few questions from indigo airlines who has started this new scam to cheat the customers.
1. When somebody has booked a ticket at counter, how somebody can cancel that ticket online when he doesn’t have any login id with indigo.
2. They are saying that somebody has cancelled that ticket, should this mean that anybody can cancel some other’s ticket.
3. Shouldn’t they inform the customer if the ticket is cancelled either through phone or mail.
4. I insisted them that please share the IP address from which the ticket was cancelled but they haven’t shared that with me.
5. If my ticket is cancelled shouldn’t they call me to refund my cancellation amount.They told that created a voucher of that amount which they haven’t informed me.
At last I concluded from this whole scenario that to increase their revenue they have started this new scam to cancel the tickets themselves and at last moment the customer have no option but to book a new ticket with higher prices.Please register this compaint and take some strong decision against this airline so that some other customer would not be physically and mentally harassed by these airlines.

IRCTC - refund money
    I had booked a railway e-ticket on 14 June DEHRI ON SONE...
    DAIKIN AIR CONDITIONING INDIA PVT LTD - Poor Service/ breakdown not resolved
    very sad to see that DAIKIN is no longer living to its...
    Videocon D2H - Fruad on engineer visit
    I had called d2h for relocation of my d2h, and I was told...
    Need 3 speed breaker - Bikers ride very fast
    Dear sir, Need a speed breaker at tighra road and...
    Videocon D2H - Engineer visit fruad
    I had called d2h for relocation of my d2h, and I was told...
    Noida Traffic Police - E-challan
    Hi Team, Today i was standing at red light and traffic...
    indian coast guard - Mistake in my application form
    I have done BSC honours in my graduation,but in my...
    Sai - Fraud Message from IDDOPBNK
    Sir, I have received a fraud message from IDDOPBNK. I...
    Garena free fire - Account suspended
    My free fire I'd 430184224 sir I am totally inncoent...