IRCTC

Consumer complaints and reviews about IRCTC

rishutrp

Jan 20, 2022

reversal of amount for failed transaction

I tried booking ticket from IRCTC on 02 Jan,2021 via upi:- [email protected],Ac No- ############, DBS Transaction id -S37061542, but transaction got failed on IRCTC app,Txn id- 100003134331172. So, a dispute registered from banki.e. dispute id ############ for chargeback of amount from IRCTC but got denied by IRCTC stating that the service is provided by them for the charged amount which is incorrect.The transaction for ticket booking got failed and the bank informed me the successful credit of amount to merchant account i.e. IRCTC with transaction ARN no ############.Even after continuous and several mails, calls, disputes and mental agony and harassment, neither the DBS bank nor IRCTC is ready to take responsibility to reverse amount for the failed transaction rather they are accusing each other claiming that amount is not present with them. Please help me in reversal of amount.

reversal of amount for failed transaction

Mahendra Prasad Sah

Jan 15, 2022

Tickets refund amount not credited in my account

Sir, My name is Mahendra Prasad Sah,I have cancelled my train tickets on 30 Dec 21, PNR no- 2711354197, 6159406768 cancelled and refunded amount Rs-2205/-,Rs-4635/- not credited in my account whereas refund amount message received through irctc.

Please do the needful, Thanks
Umesh8574

Jul 19, 2021

Ticket not booked

ticket not booked and balance was deduct 482 RS look into the problem

Jun 17, 2021

amout deducted but transaction not complete so i want money back

amount deducted but transaction not completed so i want money back
transaction id-############
date - 8 june 2021
amount-764.58

Amount deducted but transaction not complete

Amount deducted but transaction not completed I call IRCTC but they say amount not deducted .so I want money back
Transaction id-############
Amount-764.58

Date -8 June 2021

Amount deducted but transaction not complete

Amount deducted but transaction not completed . I call irctc but they say no money was deducted for their side so I want money back
Transaction id-############
Date -8 June 2021
Amount-764.58

Amount deducted but transaction not complete Amount deducted but transaction not complete

Shivam9006

Mar 26, 2021

AMOUND DEDUCTION DURING TICKET BOOKING BUT TICKET NOT BOOKED

My name is shivam kumar and the main problem is amount deducted but ticket not booked Yesterday morning on 26/03/2021 I have booked two ticket in sleeper class tatkal from anand vihar to bettiah for the date 26/03/2021 Amount debited by the ICICI BANK Rs.1184 but ticket not generated in system or in my mobile number. through on line . I used my ICICI BANK DEBIT CARD. How do I get refund the amount to my icici bank account. please clarify. What I have to do to get my refund . My phone no.is 6204001758 My email address is [email protected] Kindly refund the money at the earliest .
Smita Nanda

Jun 13, 2020

Ticket not booked

I am booking ticket for Ahmedabad to Kanpur.But IRCTC server is hanging all time.Please heLp me.
DPANI8

REFUNDS NOT RECEIVED FOR CANCELLATION OF RETIRING ROOM

I have booked railway retiring rooms for Rameswaram through online website vide the following references.

Sl No -Date of booking - Transaction ID Booking Ref. - PNR NO - Amount paid
1 25-02-2020 - 6001078682 - RMMRR1772598 - 4616556928 - Rs.604.99
2 25-02-2020 - 6001078649 - RMMRR1772580 - 4203752642 - Rs.242.20
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I had cancelled the reservations on 01.03.2020 and the refunds approved for Rs.456/- and Rs.171/- respectively on 02.03.2020 vide the shown IRCTC website status and the status are showing as "SETTLED". But till now (17.03.2020 at 06.15 pm) the refund amounts have not been credited to my account from which the payments have been made. Screen shots attached.

I have made several requests over customer helpline numbers and through emails towards expedite of refunds by sending the appropriate scanned copy of the account statement as proof of non credit of refunds. As there is no response from the customer help centre, I have escalated the issue to the concerned higher authority Mr. Harendra singh over his mobile number 8287930448 on 13.03.2020 and upon his request I have forwarded him the complaints made through email on the same date. But till now even after the lapse of 15 days, the refund amounts have not been credited to my account.

I regret to note about the uncaring attitude of the retiring room help line authorities and their higher officials towards their customers. Please expedite the refunds.

With warm regards
V. Dhandapani
MOBILE - 9443744321
Email - [email protected]

REFUNDS NOT RECEIVED FOR CANCELLATION OF RETIRING ROOM

Jr427

PENDING FROM BANK END

I have booked a ticket from SBC to KCG (Kacheguda express). but the ticket status shows as "Pending from bank end" but already amount debited from bank. Please process the ticket and give a status to me, or let me know do i have to book a fresh ticket again. Please process quickly. debited amount is 403.19
Jr427

PENDING FROM BANK END

I Have booked ticket from SBC to KCG (Kacheguda express). but the ticket status shows as "Pending from bank end" but already amount debited from bank. Please process the ticket and give a status to me, or let me know do i have to book a fresh ticket again. Please process quickly.

PNR Number : Reservation ID: 100002333056580
Train No./Name: 12786 / KACHEGUDA EXP Ticket Type: E-ticket
From: KSR BENGALURU (SBC) 08 Apr 2020 To: KACHEGUDA (KCG)09 Apr 2020 00:00 Hrs
Booking Date: 17 Mar 2020 Vikalp Status: No
Boarding Station: KSR BENGALURU (SBC) Date of Boarding: 08 Apr 2020 00:00 Hrs
Quota: GENERAL Class: SL
Ticket Charge: 397.29 Convenience Fee: 11.8
Bank Name: Credit & Debit cards / Net Banking / Wallet (Powered by Paytm)
Shah Moksha

Jan 4, 2020

Refund not availed

I have cancelled my train tickets on 25th January 2019 but I've not received the refund for the same. Kindly refund the payment and do the needful.
Asdu4

Dec 19, 2019

Ticket "Pending from the bank end"

I tried to book my ticket on IRCTC WEBSITE, the amount was debited from my bank account but my ticket is not booked. I got an error showing payment "PENDING FROM BACKEND". I am not able to confirm the booking is done or yet to wait.

Please confirm should i book another ticket or Not.
Also, If ts canceled then refund my money to book for next.

Booking transaction ID : 100002197285781
Transaction Status : Pending From Bank End
Booking on 19-Dec-19
Journey date: 29-Dec-19

Ticket "Pending from the bank end"

tajinder singh bahga

Nov 10, 2019

CASH DEDUCTED BUT REFUNDED

I HAD BOOKED MY RAILWAY JOURNEY TICKET FROM ROURKELA STATION RESERVATION COUNTER ON 05/09/2019 FOR MY JOURNEY FROM NEW COOCH BEHAR TO NEW DELHI ON 12/09/2019.... HOWEVER WHILE BOOKING MY ABOVE TICKET MY FARE OF 3025/- GOT DEDUCTED FROM MY BANK DEBIT CARD UNDER TRANSACTION NUMBER 6234103887 AT 16:19:28 ON 05/09/2019 AT BATCH NUMBER 000177 & INVOICE NO:000749 FOR 3025/- BUT THE TICKET DID NOT GET PRINTED-------
SIMULTANEOUSLY THE TICKET COUNTER PERSONAL REBOOKED MY RAILWAY TICKET AGAIN AT 16:28:09 UNDER TRANSACTION ID NUMBER 6234104608 WITH BATCH NO:000178 & INVOICE NO:000750 & Rs.3025/- WAS AGAIN DEDUCTED & TICKET PRINTED.
THUS (TWICE Rs.3025/-) WAS DEDUCTED BUT ONCE THE TRAIN TICKET RECEIVED(PNR 6234104608 BY 12423 RAJDHANI ECPRESS FROM NCB TO NDLS ON 12-09-2019.

THE RAILWAY COUNTER PERSONAL CONVEYED THAT DON'T WORRY --YOUR MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT FROM WHERE IT HAS BEEN DEDUCTED WITH 25/30 DAYS ------BUT I AM SORRY TO STATE HERE I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED THE REFUND.
HENCE I SHALL REQUEST YOUR KIND GOODSELF AGAIN TO PLEASE REFUND THE ABOVE AMOUNT OF 3025/- AT THE EARLIEST.
THANKS & REGARDS
TAJINDER SINGH BAHGA
Anupam9859

Nov 5, 2019

Refund not credited

Hi sir,
I cancelled a tatkal ticket from bengaluru to visakhapatnam on 23 oct 19 whose pnr is 4265192115. I spoke to irctc customer care and their responses were ensuring me that your refund of Rs.3380 will be credited in your account within 07 working days and it is more the stipulated time frame. So it is my humble request you to kindly resolve my problem and credit my refunded amount as soon as possible.

With regards

Transaction ID: 6333767623,
Date of booking: 12/09/2019, 09:39:45,
PNR No.: 2629650732,
Train no: 15104,
At the time of e-booking of the retiring room, "Total fare: 309/-" was already debited yet no room was booked. When the passenger reached, he was told that due to closing the website before the process completed, caused them to be not able to book but the fare debited is already used. Reaching to a station and getting to know the room has already given to someone else and now he has no place to stay was not only mentally harassing but was also very disappointing to know that the website never prompted to cancel and close the booking process. When the passenger asked the concern authority about the refund of debited fare as the room was not booked, he was refused for the refund from the authorities in some very misbehavioural manner causing some unexpected nuisance.

Retiring room

mehtasuvidhi

Nov 1, 2019

Transaction pending from bank end

I booked a ticket
From: H NIZAMUDDIN (NZM)06 Nov 2019 To: BHOPAL JN (BPL)07 Nov 2019 00:00 Hrs
Booking Date: 01 Nov 2019
Train No./Name: 12156 / BHOPAL EXPRESS
But it showed transaction pending from bank end, so do I need to book the ticket again?
And what about the amount 1085.89/- which is already deducted from my bank account, how will I get it back?
Raj226

Oct 23, 2019

charged extra on MRP

Train no 19038.i was traveling on 21/10/19 .in canteen department of the train, they charge me extra money on MRP .i complain about that matter to 139 help line no .after few hours I reviewed massage my complaint is closed .i don't know how. And now I am calling irctc help line they are are giving me replay "next time it won't happen ". Feels like it's kind of jock for them.

Oct 23, 2019

App malfunctioning

The irctc rail connect app is annoyingly malfunctioning. It is repeatedly asking for OTP from messaging and email, even after submitting the same for 3- 4 times.
Abhinavd

Oct 8, 2019

Failed transaction of tatkal ticket but did not get refund

I tried to book a railway tatkal ticket from irctc on 29 September 2019 from Narsinghpur to Satna in train no. 15017 for 30 September 2019, but transaction was failed and ticket was not booked. According to the refund rule on the failed transaction of irctc: "Since your ticket has not been booked, the amount deducted from your account/card/wallet etc, will be refunded back automatically in 3-4 working days". but it has been passed 7 working days bu I haven't get refund amount.
Detail is following:

Name: Abhinav Dixit
Bank: State Bank of India
Branch: Barra Kanpur
Account no.: 20009067014
Refund id: ################
Amount: 1555.40 rs.
If you want more detail kindly let me know and please refund my amount asap.
SitabhGupta

Sep 9, 2019

Transaction failed but amount not refunded

I tried booking a train ticket through IRCTC and made payment using BHIM SBI Pay app. The amount was deducted from my account but the ticket was not booked and the amount is yet to be refunded. After contacting IRCTC I was informed that the amount wasn't received by them and it seems there has been an error on the bank part. The screenshot of message I received from the bank upon balance deduction and the ticket booking status are attached to this application.

Transaction failed but amount not refunded

Laxmi venattu

Aug 31, 2019

Patment refund

I had bought 2 tickets for mangala express 12617 (PNR: 426-2359106) scheduled for 26/08/2019 from ernakulam junction to nasik road.
But due to landslide that had occurred the train was diverted and it didn't stop at nasik road.
When asked in a railway enquiry office we were informed that the ticket will be refunded and we need not cancel the ticket.
Could you please check and inform us when the money will be refunded?

Thanks and regard,
Laxmi
Bhavna Nayak

Aug 26, 2019

Tdr approved but not received

I have filed tdr on 29/07/19.
TDR is approved on 9/08/19 but till date it is showing payment under process. Amount is not yet refunded.

Tdr approved but not received

auckland

Aug 25, 2019

REFUND NOT MADE

I HAVE GIVEN BELOW DETAILS OF COMPLAINTS BY WAY OF LETTER TO RAILWAY MINISTER WHICH IS YET TO BE ACTIONED AFTER MY EFFORTS WITH IRCTC (THROUGH EMAILS) FAILED REGARDING A REFUND FOR CANCELLED TRAIN (COPY OF EMAIL DT 20-8-819

Dear Piyushji,

Details of ticket: PNR 8720587966 Ticket Id 100001901318551
class AC 2 Tier for my wife and me Rs 1395-98
Pune to Mantralayam on 4th Aug 2019 by Train No 16613 Coimbatore Exp
Reason for refund; Train diverted due to floods in Maharashtra
---------------------
I am forced to come to you because I was DENIED after getting tossed
between [email protected] and [email protected] for a genuine refund on
cancellation/diversion of train due to flood in Maharashtra and not a
mistake of ME. I have also provided below my last email dated 14th Aug 19
to [email protected] for better understanding please.
FACTS IN BRIEF: I had to seek a refund of above e ticket to
Mantralayam (from Pune)
I took following steps immediately 1. Tried on mobile to get refund
online unsuccessfully because I website didn't open up properly with
the form called TDR 2. I contacted counter staff at Pune Junction who
said I have to do it myself and they can't do much on eticket 3. I
emailed [email protected] on 6th Aug (within 72 hrs of travel time as per
your policy) to make refund as I couldn't do it online. 4. I emailed
[email protected] on 11th Aug as I was directed by [email protected] to do it
Reply: Refund denied as request was after 72 hrs. 5. emailed again
[email protected] on 14th as a complaint to do a refund immediately as my
ORIGINAL EMAIL TO [email protected] was within 72 hours and I didn't know to
email to correct email id for eticket cancellation.

I request you Piyushji that I should not be punished as my efforts
started earnestly on day of journey cancellation at Pune Junction
itself and I couldn't immediately email my inability to correct place
even though I did it to [email protected] who should have FORWARDED to
correct place within 72 hous. They simply emailed back to me which
caused delay.
I request you to arrange for refund of this case please . I am the son
of a ex railway man and admire its bigness and problems.
Sorry to bother you on a busy day
Cheers

Dear Sirs,

I refer to your email dated 6th Aug 2019 14.01hours and got a reply
from etickets
as below
"Please note that As your time for filing the TDR for refund has
exceeded, so we are unable to forward your case to Railways"

In this connection I have to advise that YOU SHOULD HAVE FORWARDED EMAIL
TO YOUR FELLOW DEPARTMENT TO ENABLE 72 HOUR COMPLIANCE
I saw your reply on and emailed again to them on 12th Aug which was
not acceptable.

Your action would have been meaningful if you had forwarded it to them

I understand from Ishant of your help line that I need to lodge a
complaint on this email ID
and I request you to arrange for refund of full money as my ORIGINAL
email to IRCTC is well
within 72 hours
I believe you arrange for immediate refund as I don't want to have one
more inconvenience to diversion/cancellation of
train and consequent sufferings.

cheers