IRDA

Consumer complaints and reviews about IRDA

prashcb

Oct 9, 2015

Fake calls from IGMS IRDA for LIC fraud Agents resolve matter

Chapter 1.
I have received a call from Jai Prakash (JP) Tiwari so called Regional Head IGMS (IRDA) Hydrabad [phone number +91 9311487628]

Surprisingly JP Tiwari after 40 min of long call asked me to generate a D2C code Direct to customer code which might cost me Rs.15000 to 20000 !!!!!! He said IRDA will generate it by asking ONE of the 24 insurance companies -- why would IRDA is dependent upon these companies when it regulates them???

I denied that I don't want to generate D2C.

Before that Radhika Awasthi [phone number +91 9717082049] - called me up and said she has generated complaint for the same and for urgent processing they are sending a mail to J.P. Tiwari.

And it all initiated from Nisha Sharma [+91 9350349453] that i need your LIC policy number which has caused you problem . I am calling from IGMS division of IRDA as IRDA DOES NOT CALL SO THEY HAVE ASKED US TO CALL!!!

Chapter 2.
Surprisingly, next day itself - (Sat afternoon!!!) I got a call from LIC cannought place head office - "Mrs." Kalpana Sharma [phone number +91 7042845493] and started saying why you have raised a complaint etc. Then after 5 min of talks she said we are agreeing to pay you back all damages and also will block Agents money for all customers he has taken. Now this was getting altogether ridiculous.. How come on earth LIC type of department is so quick to resolve?? I said i ll do it on Monday... she said do it within one hour ...!!!!!! WTF..

Points of suspicion:
1. Why they have so much time to resolve a complaint that I never thought of initiated.
2. Why its an urgent matter whereas my policy was given to me by a fraud agent (Ruby Raj Arora & her fking Husband) in 2012
3. Why there is no email !!!!!! only phone calls from Mobile phones - not even landlines..
4. Why LIC without any concrete proofs asking that they will resolve the matter so quickly.
5. Why does IRDA need a so called D2C code?? That too from a private insurance firm -
6. Why D2C costs so high??? 15000 to 20000 ???

On a different note-
1. Can we do something about these fraud people?
2. How do they have all information about policies?? is insurance companies unable to protect our PI??

Guys please be aware of these people - these are really dangerous and DO NOT SHARE ANY INFO WITH THEM.
smsnvijay

Oct 1, 2015

Reliance Life Insurance

FRAUD BY RELIANCE INSURANCE`
I had some problem with Reliance for false commitments who promised to get a compensation from Reliance if I pay Rs.84,000/- .Mr.Vikrant Mittal (Mob.9266665400 & 9990930136) of Reliance/GBIC, also told me that the amount of Rs.84,000/- will be adjusted against my next two premiums of Rs.42,000/- of my reliance policy that is already in force. I have paid Rs.84000.00 by cheque to Reliance Life insurance but now the amount is not adjusted and the premium of this new policy is due in December 2015.
Now the situation is that Mr. Vikrant Mittal is not picking up my phone and I have been left in the lurch. I have paid Rs.42,000/- premium of the policy fallen due this April also which was to be paid by them.I have paid Rs.84000.00 on wordings of a official of GBIC and got nothing against the promises made by him. I have Three policies of Reliance Insurance at this time.
Please Help.

S V Prakash
Ashwin1406

Aug 31, 2015

fake call

I got a call from Ms. Riya Sharma, LIC Delhi office (############). she said the same story as explained by Ms.Preeti on this page earlier. Then her Sr. Legal Manager (Mr. Vivek Sharma) also tried to convenience me for the same. I was also requested to generate customer Id, to avail my 1.4 lacks as a additional benefit. They wanted me to take a insurance policy on the same phone call, from other insurance company. Is this a fake call???

Ashwin
bolinjp

Aug 25, 2015

FAKE CALL

I got a call today from someone claiming to be raj agnihotri from LIC of India mob no +91 7210778849/+911143846600 claiming that I have a bonus on my LIC policy of Rs 137000.
I need to open a new policy in my name so a new customer id is generated and get this amount deposited in my account within 10 days. I can cancel policy later.
nce the new customer id is generated it will be linked to all my policies. They say if I don't do this the entire money will goto the agent.

When I asked him to send me some proof that he is from LIC of india did not.
Please let me know whether this is a genuine call or fake..

Preeti.
R.C.Mittal

Jul 30, 2015

FRAUD BY RELIANCE INSURANCE`

I had some problem with Reliance for false commitments and through several channels I came in contact with Mr.Yogesh Adhikari (Mob.No.9540446931 / 7531853953 / 9643180173 ) of G.B.I.C. who promised to get a compensation from Reliance if I pay Rs.80,000/- to Prime Value Holidays P.Ltd. He deputed Mr.Vikrant Mittal (Mob.9266665400) of Reliance, who told that the amount of Rs.80,000/- will be adjusted against my next two premiums of Rs.40,000/- each. Again in May 2015 Mr Adhikari contacted me and told to pay Rs.49600/- to BSLI Services ( Sarika - Mob No. 7053446358) being Service Tax Security for cheque of Rs.400,000/- lying ready at Reliance towards my compensation, which was paid by me thru NEFT (HDFC Bank, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi A/C No.50200008589603, IFSC Code HDFC 0000922). This time I received several calls from Mr. Pratap Singh Chauhan (Mob.Nos.9136719112 / 9136869647 / 9136529983 / 9136434705 / 9718410109 ) who claimed to be from Reliance H.O.at Mumbai. Mr.Yogesh Adhikari spoken to Mr. P.S.Chauhan several times by putting me in confrence mode.
Now the situation is that None of the above fellows are picking up my phone and I have been left in the lurch. I have paid Rs.40,000/- premium of the policy fallen due this year also which was to be paid by them. Mr.Chauhan seems to have put my telephone no.in rejected list whereas the tel no. of Mr.Adhikari remains switched off or non replied.. I have paid Rs.130,000/- (appr.) on the wordings of a official of GBIC and got nothing against the promises made by him, which was taken as loan from my employer.
Please Help.

R.C.Mittal (9811708608)
DHEERAJKUMAR

Jul 28, 2015

UNAUTHORISED DEBIT FROM MY SBICARD ACCOUNT BY MAXLIFE

IRDA -IGMS-REF-15395157

As IRDA has not acknowledged the email, and the space provided in IGMS(IRDA) is not adequate to write the entire complaint, I have the following pray/submission :-

I was surprised to know, through sms from SBI card, on 03/07/15, that an amount of Rs.11,115/- had been debited from my SBI card, for payment to Max Life . I was not aware, through any means, for whose policy, for whose dues, the amount was debited. I got panic, urgently got my credit card blocked and lodged the complaint with SBI Card for refund of amount, to my account.

As, I did not make any this kind of transactions, I had to get my credit card blocked to avoid further misuse of Credit Card and to avoid further loss. Later on, on inquiry from Max. Life, I came to know that the amount was debited for renewal of my insurance policy.

This is illegal transaction, without my authority and any unauthorised debit from my account by any individual/corporate will be considered as fraud. Also, the Credit Card company has no legal right to debit my account, without any authority and pay to the insurance policy.

The Credit Card company gave the Insurance Company, the authority , to debit account of any of its customers. The insurance company knows my credit card number only because I made payment through credit card at the time of applying the policy during July, 2014.

This is illicit practice and breach of trust. How, an individual/corporate, knowing the Bank account number or credit card number, is able to get payment from that account. Fraudulent. I have not given any authority to credit card company to debit my account.

Now, my card is blocked in fear of fraud & further loss.

The matter has been repeatedly taken up with the insurance company, however, I am not satisfied with the resolution as :-
i). I have not given any standing instructions for auto debit from my credit card account to the insurance company.
ii). Any standing instruction is valid only and only when given to the Financial Institution/ Bank, wherein the account is maintained. Any standing instructions given to the insurance company,if any, is void as per law.
iii). The amount appropriated and policy renewed, despite my raising dispute on 03.07.15 (date of debit), which is again against my wishes.
iv). The Credit Card company has no legal right to debit my account, without any authority with them and pay to the insurance policy.

It is unfortunate that despite my repeated requests, the illicit practice is not admitted, matter not taken seriously, matter taken easily with false statements. The attitude of the company is unprofessional & unethical. I have not given any authority or ECS mandate to the insurance company for debit to my credit card account (with SBI card). The insurance company can not debit my account, without complicity of the Credit Card company, as my account was maintained with the Credit Card company. I have not given any authority to Insurance company/SBI Card to debit my credit card account and affect credit to the insurance company. Any unauthorised debit to my account is considered as fraud.

This is a fraud.

The unethical & illicit/illegal practice has been going on in the Insurance Sector, the Bank Account or Credit Card Account of the policy holder is debited without mandate/consent of the customer to Bank/Credit Card Company. The Banks/FIs are debiting the accounts of the customers and paying to the Insurance Companies towards payment of insurance premium, on the basis of account number/credit card number provided by the insurance company. It is pertinent to mention that the Banks/FIs and their staff get huge incentives from the insurance companies. I request IRDA/Insurance Council to intervene in the matter for maintaining the high standard of ethics & values in Indian Insurance Sector for best interest of Nation/Public.

Dheeraj Kumar,
Mob-9560205656
Max Life POLICY NO-889481891

Insurance company details :-
Max Life Insurance Co Ltd.
Operation Center, Plot No. - 90 A
Email ID - service.helpdesk@maxlifeinsurance.com
jayeshmaurya

Jul 16, 2015

Fake calls from IRDA

Even I am getting the same calls for my fathers policy of LIC. The first call was from shweta sharma she says she is from SEBI department and she started giving me information about the my fathers loyalty bonus of LIC which will be further enjoyed by the agent if we didn't manage to take the loyalty bonus.. She said the 40 percent of that amount will be taken by the agent and then the rest money will be sent back for investment.. She also made me to speak with her senior Pankaj Patel.. He said he is from IRDA and he also spoke about the same he spoke about forwarding of the file and the amount if we deposit some amount 12300 around.. All the money will be refunded and only 500 will be taken for NOC paper.. They call it as some sort of tax... I felt doubt on that person when I asked the the full form of IRDA he murmered some thing after 2 or 3 seconds he began to spoke up... They also talked about the code that shouldn't be shared with anyone... Even not your nearest and dearest one.. Otherwise the person will take that benefit..they usually used to call on our landline number.. But when I gave my fathers cell number to co ordinate with him about this they began calling or harrasing on his number 4 to 8 times a day they kept follow ups each and every day. Now I told them not to call anymore.. I feel this is a fake call like others get... They numbers from whom my father received the calls are - 07428205977
This was the number Shweta sharma called from and this no. 01401952407
Raj2020

Jul 15, 2015

IRDA Fraud Call

My father is getting call from some Rahul Agarwal Mobile# 7531813595 and they were able to get my father's AADHAR , PAN Card copy and also some serice tax cheque around Rs. 35000.

Please be aware of such calls.
dilawar singh virdi

Jun 27, 2015

FAKE CALL AS IRDA OFFICIAL

Calls from IRDA Hyderabad
I have been receiving calls from mobile no 8130470589 Vishal Sharma (as IRDA official Hyderabad) regarding policy with reliance regarding its bonus issue.42000 not providing bonuses to the insurer and the same they are transferring to their agent whose code numbers are mentioned on policies. If you want to get the code removed from the policy i will have to complete the case file. They asked for some document at random and a cheque of 24000 /-favg Reliance as security for payment of lapsed amount and bonus rs 72000/-.with assurance to return the security deposit in 25 days. In my account thru NEFT transaction with in two days’ got the calls from +91-8130470589 & +91-1409809435. Person name Vishal Sharma .Gaurav Sharma, Nityanand Awasthi etc

Since this was fraud call, i didn't initiate things further. please beware of such calls and don’t provide any information and act on such calls’ request IRDA to take actions on such callers to avoid loss of any innocent people.
ksanjay1984

Jun 22, 2015

Fraud Call from GBIC

Today morning i received call from person name Mohit sharma(9650738488) claiming himself calling from GBIC. He informed me that there is bonus against my LIC policy that is getting credited in my LIC agent account instead of my account. He told me that if you want your bonus to be credited in your account you have to remove your agent code from your LIC policy.He told me that they will prepare case file and submit it to GBIC . He asked me some information regarding my policy that i didn't give to him. Very soon i realized that it was fraudulent call and didn't entertain him for long time and hang up the phone.

People beware from such fraudulent call.

Regard
Sanjay
anbu_s

Jun 17, 2015

Fraud company -Max pro management

Max pro management chennai cheat my amount,

Max pro management calls me for collect free Medical insurance. After that they introduce some insurance plans like future generali pearl guarentee plan , hdfc, shriram lic plans, etc.

Then they will give some fake guarantees from Max Pro management side
Below are few lies,
1. Pension plan - after 1 year, you receive 1 percent of sum assured amount
2. Loans are given with 6 percent with out verification.
3. Medical insurance.
Etc..... etc.....
But it will not happen.
After i gave money to them,
They will not attend your calls properly.
They said new rules per day. I go to that office again and again. I m going to give complaint.

regards,
Anbu
shirfan

Jun 15, 2015

Face calls from 8459051185

Got an harassing call from 8459051185 on 15th June 2015 at 4pm and several many times before. He somehow got my insurance policy premium information and he started asking policy details from me. I rejected to talk to the person. This is too much.
ABHISHEK KUMAR KESHRI

May 29, 2015

POLICYBAZAAR.COM A FROUD COMPANY

WHY POLICYBAZAAR CALLERS CALLING ME.
IF YOU VISIT POLICYBAZAAR.COM THAN AGENT CALL YOU AGAIN AND AGAIN AND TOLD ME I AM OUTHORISED OF IRDA.IRDA TOLD ME TO SUGGEST A BETTER PLAN YOU.

IF POLICYBAZAAR.COM A COMPARING WEBSITE WHY THAT COMPANY SHOW SOME COMPANY PRIMIUM.
WHY NOT SHOW LIC,KOTEK.BIRLA ETC COMPANY PRIMIUM.

WHY ALLOW TO CALLING SERVICE PROVIDE FOR POLICYBAZAAR.COM AGENTS ARE FORCEING YOU BUYING ANY PLAN AVELABLE ONLY POLICYBAZAAR.COM

PLESE CLOSE YOUR CHEATING BUSINESS AND REJECT THE LICENCE OF POLICYBAZAAR.COM WEBSITE IF YOU ARE NOT CLOSE THAT BUSINESS I AM FILE A LEGAL ACTION AGAINTS IRDA AND POLICYBAZAAR.COM.
himubhagat

May 20, 2015

GBIC CALLS

CALLS FROM GBIC
I HAVE BEEN RECEIVING CALLS FROM MOBILE NO 07428008787 RAKESH VARMA (GBIC NEW DELHI) REGARDING POLICY WITH TATA AIA REGARDING ITS BONUS ISSUE.742000 NOT PROVIDING BONUSES TO THE INSURER AND THE SAME THEY ARE TRANSFERRING TO THEIR AGENT WHOSE CODE NUMBERS ARE MENTIONED ON POLICIES. IF YOU WANT TO GET THE CODE REMOVED FROM THE POLICY I WILL HAVE TO COMPLETE THE CASE FILE. & IF I DONOT GET THE FILE FILLED NO CLAIM IN FUTURE WILL BE ENTERTAINED BY GBIC AS THE WILL PRODUCE THE RECORDING IN WHICH I REFUSED TO GET THE AGENT CODE REMOVED...
I WANT TO KNOW IF SUCH CALLS ARE MADE BY GBIC. ALL MY DETAILS NAME & DATE & FATHER AND FATHERS NAME AND NOMINE NAME ALSO. GIVEN MAIL COFIMTION THIS LETTER PLEASE CONFIRM. THIS FACT FOR FORD CALL.
RajRajni

May 18, 2015

Standard world vision Pvt Ltd

I got a call from the said company, and they had asked me to take a lone without interest rate, they have tie up with standard chartered bank.
and they will make a insurance policy & nominee will be the bank. They have done a proper verification etc. I have issued a checque of 85000 /- to Standard world vision Pvt Ltd & it was cleared on 16th of may 2015. As per them the amount will be in my account thru NEFT transaction with in two days.I got the calls from the from the +91-7210638938 & +91-1409804328. Now both the numbers are not working.
Could you guide me what should I do.
Rajnish Kumar Pant
+91-9811588210
Mukesh Wadkar

May 15, 2015

Fraud Call from GBIC

Today I got Call from Number +91-7531980360 (Sanjay Sachsena) introducing himself from GBIC.
He mentioned that he has received the request for transferring the Bonus Amount of my Bajaj Allianz Policy to my Agents Account.
I immediately identified this as fraud call, he was insisting me whether he would like me to avoid for transferring of my Bonus Amount.

Since this was fraud call, I didn't initiated things further and he disconnected the call.

Please beware of such calls and dont provide any information and act on such calls.

I request IRDA to take actions on such callers to avoid loss of any innocent people.
dharamji28

May 6, 2015

fraud call from insurance company

dear sir ,before 4 year i got a call by niharika her mobile no. is 09811555176 she told me that she is a head of reliance than explain me that a good 12 % interested plan of reliance
for me so i invested 30000/ in 2011 than she called me again in 2012 and told me that a new plan 14% interested plan and also old plan will convert in this plan and i gave other
30000/ but just now i got real details about those plan by a lic agent that both plan is only a policy not any interested plan .sir i am a labour so please help me for
return my money thank you my mobile no. is 09913885717 email adress is dharamji28@gmail.com
ChetanSingh

May 2, 2015

Received a Fraud Call for Insurance Verification

Dear Sir/Mam,

I have received a fake call at 3:51 pm from some guy calling from Insurance verification department & was asking for Insurance details of all policies.

The number is 011-48483527.

On being countered with question to reveal his identity, he simply hanged the call in between saying "ARE YAAR".

Please take necessary action at the earliest.

Chetan
dhirajrana

Apr 30, 2015

Fraud call from 9266672208

Today I received a call from +919266672208 at 11:01 AM. The calling person told me that he was speaking from IRDA. He asked about my policy details.
Being a insurance professional I know it was a fraud call. Sharing this incident just for the benefit of all.
Kindly do not respond to these calls.
sleehapandit

Apr 30, 2015

resolving complaints

any legal helps regarding these fraud calls contact 09999890410 advocate
skke

Apr 17, 2015

fraud calls for revival of insurance policy and want to know your bank account no for hacking it

Dear All

I am getting regularly calls from no 9266620304 for revival or refund of my lapsed insurance policy, pl don't give details of your bank account and your policy papers, they will try to hack your bank account with you personal details given in policy papers
beware of these type of calls
priyanka.karvy@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2015

Loan against life insurance policy of future Genrali

I got a fake call from 011-30564620 claiming that they are authorised broker of Future Generali. She said that the company will provide me personal loan of Rs. 5 lac if I take life insurance policy of Future Generali. She informed the terms and condition that I need to pay the premium of Rs. 40, 000 per annuam till`12 years and my policy will get mature in 18th year . At the time of maturity , they will take their loan amount with interest from the maturity amount and will return rest of the amount to me.

I have called in the Future Generali office, they said as such there is no scheme going on , and told me to be aware to the fake calls.

Although I blocked the number , still i kept on receiving such calls many time.Kindly look into the matter as they can fraud with other innocent people.
kdvartak737

Mar 21, 2015

received fake call

today i received call that i have got bonus on my insurance policy , and they ask for my document and cheque of rs.11040/-, and when i ask about 1040/- he told me that, it is advance tds which i have to pay before i receive bonus amount,
i am giving you bank detail n contact no. they have provided

account holder name- global infra
account no-53110200000014

vibbs

Mar 14, 2015

Fraudulent calls claiming to be part of TATA AIA & GBIC

Fake calls saying they were from Tata AIA & GBIC

Call from 8459242029, 8459439189, claiming to be part of Tata AIA . They informed that there was a bonus of Rs 72000 against a policy I had taken from Tata AIA ( which i had surrendered a few months ago). However the bonus could not be given to me because it would go to the agent code. They offered to send the complaint file to GBIC to ensure the money reached me and not the agent. In order for them to process this, they would need me to take a new policy. They offered a choice of 3 companies. When I refused and said I will check & call them back, they advised that it is financial year end and that the file should be completed today itself. When I asked them how they were going to get the initial deposit, they said they would send the name & mobile number of the person. When I said I was going to check, the lady repeatedly kept asking me how was i going to verify the process. At this point, I decided to be firm and told her to cancel the file if she had to, but I was not going to invest in any of the three funds until I verified this process. After this the lady said she wouldn't be able to help me further and she was cancelling the complaint file!

What can IRDA do to catch these fraudsters??
parmeet1409

Feb 24, 2015

spam calls

I received a call from +92 340 0681688. they said you are lucky aircel customer and won for 2500000 lottery and asked me about bank details and my email id etc.I hung up the phone by saying them that they can keep the price with them as a gift from me. Kindly register a complaint regarding such numbers

SBI Credit Card - non receipt of monthly statement
    dear sir mera naam manish goyal hai.mera mobile number...
    department of post office - Forget Agent Login Password
    Respected Sir, I am UNABLE TO LOGIN Kindly please send...
    Reliance Jio - Jio phone delivery
    As mentioned from you your phone will be delivered by...
    PALANIYAMMAL - VAS deductions
    My Reliance GSM mobile number is 8252421394. Recently, all...
    Reliance Digital TV - Error code 200
    Getting error code 200 while starting up the TV since last...
    ICICI Bank - RENEWAL WITHOUT MY CONCERN
    WPP-SR498096209-Renewal........ I am having an account...
    TEZ APP - refund money
    Sir I m supravat Jena my transaction is showing tez app is...
    Shopaz - Mobile hand set
    Money was not refund
    FedEx - Clearance Delay
    I have a package from USA. It was on hold in Bangalore...
    NPCI - hpcl lpg subsidy
    my aadhar no is linked with lpg disributor & bank...