KEA

Consumer complaints and reviews about KEA

Ram2111

Dec 1, 2022

Counselling process

KEA being a sole examination body of Karnataka is not replying to the students queries.They don't answer their helpline service.They don't provide the student choice whether to take admission or leave.They carryout internal politics where the big people take all advantage.
Please I request the government to dissolve the body and make the examination system centralized.
TV Mokshith

Sep 20, 2022

Document verification

I am TV Mokshith. I applied for kcet through Clause-E. There was no prior information that the document verification had to be done twice. I did not have any idea that the proof of being a defence ward had to be submitted before the results. When I went for my document verification I was denied counselling due to this. There was no mail Or message recieved regarding the submission for proof for defence. And because of this one whole year of my life has been wasted as I was relying on KCET for getting a college. And now I have Nowhere to go as all other seats except CET in all colleges have been filled . I request the respected authority to please reconsider my application. As I have worked very hard for the KCET examination.
Name:TV Mokshith
Appl no. :4918104636
CET no. :22UGEDB067.
Gagankattimatg

Aug 29, 2022

Refund

My problem regarding the refund because of not allotting the seat is not yet solved . I have had to wait for my seat allotment at first and after not getting the seat (Jss mysuru mba) in 2nd round which was allotted at first round now i am still waiting for my refund. Im sorry have had to raise and complained against kea for wasting one year of my education by misleading in each and every way possible . And i have to follow up regarding the money i have paid . Also your finance dept wont help in this matter . I am attaching the ss of 1st round seat allotment for your reference where i had assigned mysuru jss and in 2nd round kea took off that and i was not allotted any seat. After following up with jss- aher, mysuru they said we are not affiliated with pgcet/kea. Kindly following up with the same.
Me and my parents are waiting for the refund,since months.
Thanking you .

Refund

srikanthb4

Dec 31, 2020

College taking extra fee about 47000 apart from DCET Fee

Please take this issue with high priority , colleges are looting money like anything , they taking extra other fee about 47000 rupees apart from DCET fee 58000. am from poor background but still i dont have option to avoid this.

KAE terms , clearly mentioned dont pay extra money ,i showed then to this terms but still asking money not a small amount it is allmost equal to DCET.

is this terms only on paper not reality. while paying this money literally i cried.

College Name: JSS Academy Of Technical Education
Rajeshhk

Dec 16, 2020

DCET option entry not happaning

Dear sir.
Please take this compelnt as high priority.
My self rajesh.
I have applied for DCEt and got ### rank..for evening engr collage electrical
Documents verification done in KEA maleshwaram
And m eligible for evening engr collage seat.

But I facing issue that...in option entry collage list not opening and attached photos for your reference.
And twomaro is last entry and time at 11am
With out update option entry I lost engr collage seat and wast of one year..
I requested to you please support.

I tried to call help line no response from them..and not picking my call.

My application number ###

basappakatti

Nov 1, 2019

About refunds Fee

Dear Sir ,
Mai Basappa KATTI hon.mere. beta Ashvath KATTI me engeering admission ke liye KEA benglor 19090 R's. Bhej do hai. Abhi take muze cash nahi milajabki mai admission order download nahi ki hai kripaya muze fee Refund karane ke complaints hai.maine Fee Refund ke liye email,nivedan part ,phone kiya lekinkoi Javan nahi mila

About refunds Fee About refunds Fee

Sneha shiney

Oct 11, 2018

Refund on fee paid for BDS course for 2017-18

I have appeared for NEET 2017, scored a rank of 55290, registered at KEA with ref no.AJ 830. IN the first round of allotment, I was allotted College of Dental Sciences, Davangere and a fee of Rs.4,29,500/- was paid on 03.08.2017. In the second round of allotment, Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, Davangere was allotted. As per the Brochure issued by KEA, I expected a second extended round of allotment, but it was not there (publishing false or misleading information in the prospectus). Instead, I was directed to download the admission order and to join the college before 24.08.2017. Thus not having any other choice, I joined Bapuji Dental College, Davengere on 23.08.2017 after paying entire fee.

In the meantime I was qualified for NEST 2017 and was directed to attend the counselling at Centre for Basic Sciences, Raipur and I was selected for the five year Integrated M.Sc Course, on 24.08.2017. Thus I approached the KEA Helpline Centre,Davengere on 26.08.2017(25th being holiday) for cancellation of seat allotted to me. However, I was informed that no cancellation can be made on Saturday. Thus I reached the KEA Helpline Centre, Davangere on 28.08.2017 and cancellation order (D-128) was received. Based on the cancellation order, an amount of Rs.1,00,000/- was deducted and an amount of Rs.3,29,500/- was refunded to me by KEA out of the tuition fee paid. Kindly note that it took only 05 days (23.08.2017 to 28.08.2017- in between 3days being holidays)

As per the brochure (page 83) candidate who have obtained a seat from KEA and have later joined other college or courses and wish to surrender the KEA seat, they can do so at any Helpline Centres and they will be entitled to get a refund of fee amount after deducting Rs.5000/- as process fee till the last day entry of options in second extended round. In the special instructions on the same page, it was stated that Candidate who have exercised Choice 2 in second round for the seat allotted after making the payment decides to surrender the seats, can cancel the seat in any of the Helpline Centre before the last date prescribed for entry of option for second extended round for such candidate an amount of Rs.5000/- will be deducted from the payment made and the balance amount if any will be refunded.

In this connection, I wish to submit that as specified in the brochure, there was no second extended round and hence I was compelled to join the course. However, KEA conducted Mop-up rounds instead of second extended round and before the commencement of mop-up round, I surrendered the seat allotted to me. Thus the seat allotted to me was not got lapsed and only the meritorious student was admitted to that seat and hence the aim of authority that any meritorious student should not lose their seat is not violated.

In this respect, I have sent a letter to KEA on 26.02.2018, for which I no reply is received till date.

My grievance is on the refund of balance amount of Rs.1,00,000/- as reduced by Rs.5000/- as mentioned in the brochure of KEA as there was no lapse on my part on the procedures. Further, in para 4.2.3 of the UGC notification on "Remittance and refund of Fees and other student-centric issues" issued in December,2016 also it is clearly mentioned that 100% of aggregate fees should be refunded if the notice of withdrawal of admission is served to HEI within 15 days before the formally notified last date of admission.

Based on the Brochure, I was under the impression that if I get admission for Integrated M Sc Course, I could cancel the seat before the last date prescribed for entry of option for second extended round. However, as there was no such extended round of allotment, which was not a fault on my part, I lost Rs.1,00,000/- out of the tuition fee of Rs.4,29,500/- paid by me. Hence it is requested that necessary action may kindly be taken to refund the balance amount of Rs.1,00,000/- at the earliest.
Usha L

Oct 3, 2018

Fresh option entry

Respected sir/mam,

There are only two rounds of option entry for pgcet and for round two we don't have any option for fresh entry. I have choose to enter the second round by holding the first round round seat but when enquired I am asked to pay one lakh apart from the pgcet fees. We cannot afford to pay and I have the option to enter other colleges in the second round.Please allow us to enter a fresh option entry.Its a humble request. We choose to go through government seats so that it is cost efficient. Please make a provision for fresh entry. Please
jps1961

Jul 25, 2018

Grievance to address "You are stopped from CET Admission process !!!!"

This is in continuation with the trailing mails & grievance, the undersigned
would like to communicate that the information bulletin-3 in CET-2018 portal and the information
bulletin In UG-NEET 2018 portal, the Choice entries (1,2,3,4) in which choice-2 entry of both (CET-
2018 & UG NEET-2018 portals) have confused us and brought to this state & situation.

We were misled from your above information bulletins. (YOU HAVE NOT INDICATED OR HIGH LIGHTED IN YOUR
COMMON WEB SITE KEA.KAR.NIC.IN ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE IN INTERPRETATIONS BETWEEN THE STATEMENTS FOR THE
SAME CHOICE (FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF THE STUDENTS), WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN BRINGING CHANGES AT YOUR WILL
/UPGRADATION.

PL NOTE THAT YOUR PREVIOUS YEAR KEA PORTAL, COMMON TO BOTH ENGG & MEDICAL WITH COMMON CHOICE ENTRIES
WITH COMMON INFORMATION BULLETIN WOULD NOT HAVE CONFUSED US, WHICH YOU HAVE NOT WELL TAKEN CAREOFF IN THE PRESENT, WITH THE INTEREST OF THE STUDENT/S.

We do agree as the applicant and myself have over sighted the above and carried away by your above
statements provided in the information bulletin (misguiding having difference), and done a wrong choice entry as:

Choice-2 instead of Choice- 3 in the first round of MEDICAL/DENTAL SEAT ALLOTTMENT

under the impression that we would be allowed to the next subsequent round without paying
fees

Kindly think the future of the eligible meritorious students are suitably/timely addressed, justified
and justice given to their merits to choose their choice of interest without making prejudice or
allowing dictation from your positions.

Awaiting and anticipating your positive reply to do the needful before 5PM 25.07.18 (allow us to
participate in the subsequent allotment rounds)

With best regards,shall remain always

Shashidhar JP
Chandlarbing

Jun 22, 2018

Verification Of Documents

Today I had my document verification for the KCET counselling, After my rank was called out i went in and there they gave the details of the procedure of counseling, About how to prepare for it and how its done. After that the document verification started and we were told to stand in line for CET register no. entry, then we were told to sit in chairs where the document verification was done. My turn came and i went with all the documents, with a set of original and a set of xerox. A person checked the documents and he asked me where was my 10th marks card xerox. Actually i had a printout of the Marks card of the 10th and i didnt have a actual xerox of the original, as i thought it was ok. Then i was told to get the xerox which my mom went to get it done. The lady who was verifying my documents asked me three times that why didnt u get ur xerox like it was some kind of a crime and she started telling that i had forgot to bring my xerox to all her colleagues like i had done some crime. And the kind of arrogance she was showing towards me made it one of the cause of this complaint. Yes i agree that it was my fault of not bringing the required documents, But there was no need of such arrogance and attitude. If a person doesnt know something, people there should help them, but this lady started telling my mistake like i had done a double murder or something. I hadnt hope that karnataka Government had such people in their staff. I thought our Government would help us in correcting our mistakes but not to laugh or create a nuisance out of it. I was feeling like a illiterate sitting there, She made me look like a fool. And this was really unacceptable. If a person comes there in the future who doesnt know things properly would she do the same to him. Ok lets forget our people, If a person of a different country or a different state comes there what would it reflect? Should it reflect that people of our state are rude and arrogant?
Rohit Vjn

Sep 9, 2017

MONEY REFUND

Respected Sir
After the NEET medical entrance exam which was over for the year 2017 my wife Dr Rekha had secured a seat in PGCET quota in Karnataka. She got MD by chemistry in her first counselling and when the mop up counselling was announced, before the stipulated time she cancelled the seat for which we had paid Rs.83,000. At the time of cancellation KEA had given us a note that there will be a refund of Rs.83,000 and I have attached the same document below , this all happened in May 2017 .It is been three months since then there is no sign of refund and we have called KEA innumerable times and also mailed them on multiple locations. There has been no response till now please kindly look into the matter or else we will be forced to take legal action
Hoping for a positive response
thanking you

the candidates pgcet number is M4AAD

MONEY REFUND

samantha syndrilla

Jul 3, 2016

PGCET 2016 Hallticket number missing in the alloted center

Students were sent back because their hallticket numbers were found missing in the allotted center provided in the admit card . When enquired in the college(allotted center) about this they said 'Every year such cases happen and the management cannot do anything about it as there are no extra seats'. KEA must wholly be responsible for this and The disappointed Students have to be compensated either way. Please do the needful. Thank you.