Kolkata Traffic Police

Consumer complaints and reviews about Kolkata Traffic Police

ipal

Apr 23, 2017

Wrong case for signal voilation

This morning I got SMS from kolkata Police about violation of Light Signal at T C ROAD/HINDUSTAN SWEETS(KOTINS SARANI) AT 16.31hrs on 18th April VIDE CASE NO -nnPC052423/17 ,I was shocked to see it because my car was in service center at Chandrani Nissan-Taratala at the mentioned time. This case is wrongly imposed on me. I need the clarification on what basis these cases are imposed. Car no WB20AG2749.
birlok

Apr 14, 2017

Wrong case for no parking

Tapas Mondal ASI fined my driver who was dropping off a passenger at Salt Lake City Center 1. Kolkata Police officer was unprofessional and used foul language too. Kindly check CCTV if it was driver's fault. I am a retired police officer who is doing business by running a commercial vehicle. This is very much disappointing. God knows who will read this

S N Ghosh
WB19G9263
Subha chakravarthi

Apr 10, 2017

Wrong case for signal voilation

This morning I got SMS from kolkata Police about violation of Light Signal at PALLYSREE/JADAVPUR CENTRAL ROAD/RAIPUR ROAD EAST AT 17.38hrs on 7th April VIDE CASE NO -uuPC020668/17 ,I was shocked to see it because my car was in my building in my private parking area and one drives the car except me. This case is wrongly imposed on me. I still went ahead and did the payment . I need the clarification on what basis these cases are imposed. Car no WB02AF3464
rupu_sg

Stop Line Violation

Dear Traffic Police Officers,

Please modify your signal duration before accusing anybody for a stop line violation case. In many crossings the green signal suddenly changes directly into red in a flash without showing any yellow light. In that case what should a car driver do while crossing the signal in green light. The car automatically crosses the stop line. I am asking you the query personally which you should have a proper answer before charging anybody further for the same case.

S.Ghosh
Supratik Bhattacharjee

mis behaviour by a traffic sergeant Mr. Subrata Das

Today (08/04/2017) at about 3.50 to 4.00 p.m. when my driver was just took a turn seeing the green signal from Ruby crossing towards Gariahat the traffic police stopped us and directed the driver towards the traffic seargent Mr. Subrata Das. I politely asked the seargent about the offence. The seargent rudely exclaimed " you are disturbing me just get out from my side" I felt hurt by his words and said well we do not have any right to know about our fault. He became furious and warned me that everything is being recording live so be careful. I am so much surprised by his behaviour that I readily moved away saying him ok as if he is the God. If the incident was truely recorded it would reflect my truth. So I know that this type of rude and abnormal behaviour will be done repeatedly with the law abiding citizens in future also because they are the powerful class and got all the rights to misbehave with the common people. I would be most surprised if the aforesaid sergeant was taught by his seniors how to behave properly.
Supratik Bhattacharjee

Mis behaviour by a traffic seargent Mr. Subrata Das

Ujjwal678

Apr 4, 2017

Wrong Prosecution SMS for WB02AC1328

I have got an SMS in my mobile stating my vehicle WB02AC1328 has been prosecuted for signal Violation on 02/04/17 at R.G.Kar Road/ Raja Dinendra Street vide case number ccPC029445/17 dated 02nd April 2017.
But on the said day my car has not gone their.
As a matter of fact I have not driven my car on that entire week & it is in my garage only, because of some issues in my home.
Requesting to kindly check at your end & withdraw the case
I would also expect a confirmation by SMS/ email regarding this.
Ujjwal Chattopadhyay
Tarun Mitra

Apr 1, 2017

Wrong Prosecution SMS

Received an sms from VK-KOLPOL ''WB02AH6466 has been prosecuted for light signal violation, at Kidderpore road/Flyover(2nd Bridge)/,at 14:38 hrs vide case no. kkPC028090/17 dated 30- Mar- 17. For Online payment pl. visit http://kolkatatrafficpolice.net-Team KTP'' which is a completely wrong message as my car is parked at my garage for last one month and moreover at that time I was in Gorakhpur about to catch a flight. I was out of India since 23rd Mar to 30th March on official duty. I have all the proof with me .
Requested to rectify this and withdraw/delete this case and confirm me either by sms or mail and oblidge.

Tarun Mitra
Ph.8697713148
Mail ID - tarunkumarmitra@gmail.com
Uttam sardar

Mar 27, 2017

WRONG CITATION CASE LOGED BY KOLKATA TRAFFIC POLICE AGNAIST VEHICLE NO- WB26AB2648

SIR,
ON 16 TH MURCH I GOT A MESSAGE ISSUED BY KOLKATA POLICE IN MY MOBILE NO 9635104088 FROM WHERE I CAME TO KNOW THAT ONE CASES HAVE LODGED AGAINST MY ABOVE MENTIONED VEHICLE NO-WB26AB2648 (WHICH IS PULSER 135 CC BIKE) ON 22.09.16 VIDE CASE NO ccTW011330/16.IN THIS REGARD I LIKE TO INVITE YOUR KIND ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWOING FACTS:
CASE NO ccTW011330/16 DT 22.09.2016- IT IS SURPRISED THAT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE CASE & NO INFORMATION IS SENT AT MY MOBILE NO. SINCE CASE IS VERY OLD, I COULD NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING THAT WHEN I WAS WENT TO THE PLACE AT DUM DUM STATION ROAD /11 NO BUS STAND WHERE THE CASE WAS BLEMISH TO ME AND PLACE IS UN KNOWN TO ME.AND I MUST SAY USUALLY I WAS WORKING AT MY OFFICE AT BERACHAMPA PIN CODE-743424 WHICH IS AT MY RESIDENCE DURING THE MENTIONED TIME. IT IS REGRETTED WITHOUT INFORMING ANY THING OR PRIOR INFORMATION HOW THE CASE IS AT SEALDHA COURT.THERE FORE I WOULD REQUEST TO RECHECK THE CCTV FOOTAGE & REQUEST TO CONFIRM THE CASE THAT THE VEHICLE IS THIS OR OR OTHER DUPLICATE VEHICLE OR THE CASE IS FOR PUBLIC HARRAGEMT.MY ONLY REQUEST IS THAT IF THE CCTV FOOTAGE IS POSITIVE I AM READY TO PAY THE FINE AS DIRECTED.
CASE NO ccTW011330/16:
YOURS SINCERELY
Uttam Sardar
VILL-EAST CHANGDANA,P.O-BELPUR, PS-DEGANGA,DISTRIC-NORTH 24 PARGANAS , PIN-743423
s k sarkar

Mar 21, 2017

request for payment against court cases

Please make a provision for making the payment even in court cases also personally without third party's intervention.
a confirmation in line to that may be forwarded to me for further action. request you to send the compliant by email,meesages and hard copy.

S K Sarkar
s k sarkar

Mar 21, 2017

signal light violation

We are not getting notification either by mail or by messages or by a hard copy but recently i got a message in my mobile that i have violated the light signal and need to pay the penalties at court. This is purely a gross negligence by Kolkata traffic police to penalise the car user in Kolkata.

Some time we see that yellow signal gets red within few seconds and when some body at high speed can he stop at the speed of light.

please look in to all the matter and at least send the notification by mail or sms to avoid unnecessary suspicious in mind of car user.
yours sincerely

S K Sarkar
Gopal-g5

Mar 20, 2017

light signal violation

I want to draw your kind attention that as per your detection my car no WB-06D-5461 has been prosecuted for light signal on the date of 14/03/17 unfortunately my car was not run on that particular day.

so I request to u please look into the matter and your judgement totally unjustified I am pay the requisite fees as per your law.
may I also request you in future you are taking action clearly.
asish1953

Mar 19, 2017

WRONG PROSECUTION AGAINST VEHICLE NO WB01AG1443

SIR,
YESTERDAY I GOT A MESSAGE ISSUED BY KOLKATA POLICE IN MY MOBILE NO 9830148166 FROM WHERE I CAME TO KNOW THAT TWO CASES HAVE LODGED AGAINST MY ABOVE MENTIONED VEHICLE ON 28.01.16 & 17.10.2016 VIDE CASE NO ffTW001691/16 & kkTW038150/16 RESPECTIVELY.IN THIS REGARD I LIKE TO INVITE YOUR KIND ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWOING FACTS:
CASE NO ffTW001691/16 DT 28.01.2016- IT IS SURPRISED THAT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE CASE & NO INFORMATION IS SENT AT MY MOBILE NO. SINCE CASE IS VERY OLD,BEING A SENIOR CITIZEN I COULD NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING .BUT I MUST SAY USUALLY I TAKE REST AT MY RESIDENCE DURING THE MENTIONED TIME.IN SPITE OF EVERYTHING I TRIED TO PAY THE FINE THROUGH ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION BUT FAILED SINCE THE SAID CASE AT BANKSHAL COURT. IT IS REGRETTED WITHOUT INFORMING ANY THING OR PRIOR INFORMATION HOW THE CASE IS AT BANKSHAL COURT WHICH IS DENIAL OF NATURAL JUSTICE.THERE FORE I WOULD REQUEST TO RECHECK THE CCTV FOOTAGE & REQUEST TO CONFIRM THE CASE
O.K .BUT IF CONFIRM IF CCTV FOOTAGE IS POSITIVE I AM READY TO PAY THE PENALTY AS DIRECTED.
CASE NO kkTW038150/16: I ALREADY PUT MY GRIEVANCE AT THE WEBSITE & WAITING FOR THE RESULT
YOURS SINCERELY
ASISH BHADRA
Pranit gupta

Mar 18, 2017

Signal violance case

On 7 March 2017 I have' nt get my car. But how it is showing me an 100rs Case for signal violence. At park circus my car number is WB -02-Ak9004 and chassis number is 27443 and not showing any CCTV footage.
saswati dey

Mar 16, 2017

Incurrect prosecution of light signal violation against my vehicle no

I got a sms in my mobile number right now..and i totally surprised to see the complaint against my vehicle..My vehicle has been prosecuted against light signal violation At APC ROY ROAD/RANI SWARNAMOYEE ROAD AT 17:00 hrs vide case number -eePC026749/17 dated 01-MAR. I really wonder how could you send me this kind of sms.. Cause that particular date i parked my vehicle in my garage.. It was seem that you are wrongly giving accusing against my so called number vehicle.. My appeal to you please show me the CC Tv footage against this complaint.. And for your kind information i got a same kimd of complaint on 4 th mar..and you had send me the cc tv footage against that complaint..and i had paid all my dues.. . It was shocking for me.. Kindly do the needfull.
Atanu de.
Bhaswati B Kabasi

Mar 6, 2017

Incorrect Prosecution of my vehicle WB02AE3416 vide case no. hhPC082888/17

I am a law abiding citizen and I was shocked to see a SMS yesterday at my mobile(9331393933) that my vehicle WB02AE3416 has been prosecuted for Red light violation At RASH BEHARI AVENUE/RAMAN CHATTERJEE ROAD AT 20:40HRS VIDE CASE NO. hhPC082888/17 dated 03/03/2017. This is an incorrect and misread prosecution against my vehicle as at that time my vehicle was garaged and I had gone to my evening Practice at Garia via local transport for which I also have the tickets. Moreover Rash behari Avenue is completely out of my daily route as I stay at Saltlake ,Kolkata.
I would sincerely request you to recheck the CCTV footage and and withdraw the case against my vehicle and rightfully prosecute the vehicle which has violated your rule.

Hoping for a prompt response at your end.
Sincerely,
Dr.Bhaswati Biswas
saswati dey

Mar 4, 2017

Prosecution about violation of traffic

Dear sir..
I got a sms from you about prosecution for stop line violation on my car no WB20 AG 2274 at e m bypass / garia for stop line violation at vide case no -crPC133350/17 dated 4-3-17 at 12-42 and on the same day same COMPLAIN has been issued like stop line violation vide case no -crPC13757/17 at e m bypass /garia/.dhalai bridge dated 4-3-17 at 14-28 . It is seems that you are filing this kind of case consciously.. And my car is a target of your case issued..where as i am sure i did not do any stop line violation... I think my car no is in your red book and every time i pay it timely so i am become a soft target.. Please do the need full.. Waiting for your prompt response.. Thanks
VISHAL SINGH 39

Mar 3, 2017

ONLINE PAYMENT DONE BUT NOT YET UPDATED

My Car Number is WB02AH7622. Online payment of penalty done .But to my suprize payment not yet updated.
Details are mentioned below

27-Feb PCD/2000001016/KOLKATA TRAFFIC POLICE/Mumbai -Rs 401.15

Kindly resolve. My email id is vishalsingh123123@rediffmail.com

Vishal

KumarBeuria93

Jan 12, 2017

Misbehaviour and abusive

This complaint is about the civic police personnel who behave as if they are the police commissioner.
The incident took place today at 9:30 in the morning at Narkel Bagan crossing. My female colleague and I were crossing the road and a traffic guard suddenly pulled me off by grabbing my arm and I politely asked him to not to as I was offended. He replied by stating that he did the correct thing as I could have been 'crushed' by the vehicles but to my surprise the road was clear. His colleague who was more of a friend to him, called me and repeatedly did the same thing twice and said in an abusive tone which literally means "pluck whatever you want to pluck".

I was shocked to see such behaviour from a traffic guard and for a few minutes I thought as if he was a local mafia wearing the traffic police uniform. They abused my female colleague too.

I request the West Bengal Police to please remove their so called quote from their website that police is our 'friend'

No offence to other personnel as not every cops are same but these temporary civic guards should be taught a certain amount of mannerism so that they should know how to behave with the general public.
Sharmistha 3

Jan 4, 2017

Corrupt

Corrupt to the best
Sharmistha 3

Jan 4, 2017

Stopping bus to check license everyday

Kolkata traffic police is the worst. I go to ofc everyday by office bus and near eastern high in Newtown near nazrul tirtha bus stand the poluce detain the office buses almost twice a month and inspite of valid license ask for money. So most days we are late due to this idiotic behaviour. Ask for money as bribe. I understand they may have less salary but that doesn't mean u ask for it in morning especially when ppl r going to office in that bus. Disgusting.
asish1953

Oct 28, 2016

INCORRECT PROSECUTION OF VEHICLE NO-WB01AG1443 ON 17-10-16

SIR,
IT IS SURPRISED TO SEE THE SMS AT MY MOBILE(9830148166) THAT MY VEHICLE WB01AG1443 HAS BEEN PROSECUTED FOR WITHOUT HELMET VIDE CASE NO-kkTW038150/16 DATED 17-10-16 AT CGR ROAD/SATYA DOCTOR ROAD/,AT 16;37 HRS..IN THIS REGARD I LIKE TO INVITE YOUR KIND ATTENTION TO THE FACT THAT DURING THE MENTIONED PERIOD I WAS RESTING AT MY TALTALA RESIDENCE SINCE I AM A RETIRED GAZETTED C.G OFFICER .ALSO MY HABIT IS ALWAYS TO WEAR HELMET FOR SELF SECURITY NOT FOR RULES IN SPITE OF HAVING ACUTE SPONDOLYTIS IN MY NECK .BEING 64 YEARS OLD, I SELDOM RIDE OUTSIDE TALTALA-COLLEGE STREET AREA.PLEASE HAVE A SECOND THOUGHT TO WATCH THE CCTV & I CONFIRM THAT THERE WILL BE NO PROOF TO ACCESS C G R ROAD/SATYA DOCTOR ROAD WHICH IS UNKNOWN TO ME. IT IS BETTER TO TAKE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE TO REFRAIN FROM ISSUING SUCH TYPE OF FAKE NOTICE IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SERVICE OTHERWISE THE QUESTION OF HARASSMENT & REPUTATION OF KOLKATA POLICE MAY RAISE. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR SECOND TIME & CONSIDERING MY AGE THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN FURTHER. PLEASE RELIEF ME BY WITHDRAWING THE ABOVE MENTIONED FAKE CASE.
IN THIS CONTEXT I LIKE TO MENTION THAT I SENT E MAIL ON 19.10.16 BUT FAILED TO SENT.
PLEASE LET ME ALLOW TO ABSTAIN FROM DEPOSITING ANY PAYMENT UNTIL I AM GETTING ANY DECISION FROM YOUR END. . .
REGARDS
ASISH BHADRA ,1 TALTALA LIBRARY ROW, KOLKATA-14
VEIHLE NO-WB01AG1443
Pranab Kumar Sanyal

Oct 22, 2016

Kolkata Traffic Police

I , Pranab Kumar sanyal - aged 75 Yrs. & member of PRANAM .

I received message in my Mob. ( 98 743 56866 ) as follows --" WB02S3743 HAS BEEN PROSECUTED FOR Ligth Signal violation, AT A.P.C / RAM MOHAN ROY ROAD/ AT 18-15 HRS.VIDE CASE NO - IIPC025735/16.

Sir this is self driven car, and I was sick on that day. My car did not move even an inch on that day. This is a false allegation.
I suppose, the person noted the the No. of Car has done mistake. If in that point there is a Camera. I request to see the VDO footage on that day & time minutely.

Pl. give me reliefe for false allegation.

I expect an answer.

Regards Pranab Kumar Sanyal
98 743 56866
Ranadeb Majumdar

Oct 17, 2016

Wrong Case generated for alleged traffic violation

Kolkata Traffic Police Department

I would like to draw your attention towards the traffic violation case that has been initiated against my car by the Traffic Police Kolkata. Case Number: vvPC047347/16 on 04-Oct-2016 at 17:30 near R B CONNECTOR/BOSPUKUR SITALA MANDIR/ Offence - 119/177MVA.

Let me make my point clear. The time that is mentioned in the complain that is 5:30 PM on 4th Oct Tuesday, I was at office and my car was sleeping safely at my garage located in the ground floor of my residence. If this complain has to be genuine then my car has definitely been stolen y some one but that's not the case here. It is just an example. I have received few other such wrong cases against my car which are totally absurd.

@Kolkata Traffic Police Department - Please provide valid video footage against the cases generated so that they become acceptable. Otherwise it is very difficult to accept an allegation which we know to be 100 % false.
I hope that it makes sense.

Now, I would request you to kindly arrange to delete the above mentioned case and others associated with my
vehicle - WB02AC5484

Ranadeb Majumdar
E-mail: ranadeb88@gmail.com
Rimlah

Sep 22, 2016

Misbehaviour

Wb06 4398 Complaint against wrong parking and misbehaviour

KRC tours and travels - Cheating bus service
    Very very worst bus service I ever had. Cheating bus...
    Universal travels - Worst behaviour
    Worst travel worst maintenance compared to other travels...
    Reliance Jio - REFUND OF RS 449/-
    MY JIO NO-7001325589 WAS RECHARGED TWICE OF RS 449/- ON...
    Niraj Sahay - Cutting of trees
    Sir, I am a resident of DDA SFS Flats sector1, pocket...
    ICICI Bank - No mechanism to speak to any authorised person
    I have EDC machine from icici bank. Since I have taken...
    Aircel - refund balace
    Dear Customer (Irshad Khan), We would like to inform...
    NVSP - Half Application got submited by mistake
    Half Application got submited by mistake Reference no...
    Aircel - Port msg not send
    Dear Customer (Neha Sharma), We would like to inform...
    Hathway broadband network - Customer harrasement and false promises
    Dear Sir, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please...
    SBI EPAY - AMOUNT DEDUVTED BUT TRASACTION FAILED
    RESPECTED SIR MY NAME IS ANAND. I HAVE BEEN APPLIED FOR...