Kolkata Traffic Police

Corrupt

Corrupt to the best
Sharmistha 3

Jan 4, 2017

Stopping bus to check license everyday

Kolkata traffic police is the worst. I go to ofc everyday by office bus and near eastern high in Newtown near nazrul tirtha bus stand the poluce detain the office buses almost twice a month and inspite of valid license ask for money. So most days we are late due to this idiotic behaviour. Ask for money as bribe. I understand they may have less salary but that doesn't mean u ask for it in morning especially when ppl r going to office in that bus. Disgusting.
asish1953

Oct 28, 2016

INCORRECT PROSECUTION OF VEHICLE NO-WB01AG1443 ON 17-10-16

SIR,
IT IS SURPRISED TO SEE THE SMS AT MY MOBILE(9830148166) THAT MY VEHICLE WB01AG1443 HAS BEEN PROSECUTED FOR WITHOUT HELMET VIDE CASE NO-kkTW038150/16 DATED 17-10-16 AT CGR ROAD/SATYA DOCTOR ROAD/,AT 16;37 HRS..IN THIS REGARD I LIKE TO INVITE YOUR KIND ATTENTION TO THE FACT THAT DURING THE MENTIONED PERIOD I WAS RESTING AT MY TALTALA RESIDENCE SINCE I AM A RETIRED GAZETTED C.G OFFICER .ALSO MY HABIT IS ALWAYS TO WEAR HELMET FOR SELF SECURITY NOT FOR RULES IN SPITE OF HAVING ACUTE SPONDOLYTIS IN MY NECK .BEING 64 YEARS OLD, I SELDOM RIDE OUTSIDE TALTALA-COLLEGE STREET AREA.PLEASE HAVE A SECOND THOUGHT TO WATCH THE CCTV & I CONFIRM THAT THERE WILL BE NO PROOF TO ACCESS C G R ROAD/SATYA DOCTOR ROAD WHICH IS UNKNOWN TO ME. IT IS BETTER TO TAKE NECESSARY PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE TO REFRAIN FROM ISSUING SUCH TYPE OF FAKE NOTICE IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SERVICE OTHERWISE THE QUESTION OF HARASSMENT & REPUTATION OF KOLKATA POLICE MAY RAISE. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR SECOND TIME & CONSIDERING MY AGE THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN FURTHER. PLEASE RELIEF ME BY WITHDRAWING THE ABOVE MENTIONED FAKE CASE.
IN THIS CONTEXT I LIKE TO MENTION THAT I SENT E MAIL ON 19.10.16 BUT FAILED TO SENT.
PLEASE LET ME ALLOW TO ABSTAIN FROM DEPOSITING ANY PAYMENT UNTIL I AM GETTING ANY DECISION FROM YOUR END. . .
REGARDS
ASISH BHADRA ,1 TALTALA LIBRARY ROW, KOLKATA-14
VEIHLE NO-WB01AG1443
Pranab Kumar Sanyal

Oct 22, 2016

Kolkata Traffic Police

I , Pranab Kumar sanyal - aged 75 Yrs. & member of PRANAM .

I received message in my Mob. ( 98 743 56866 ) as follows --" WB02S3743 HAS BEEN PROSECUTED FOR Ligth Signal violation, AT A.P.C / RAM MOHAN ROY ROAD/ AT 18-15 HRS.VIDE CASE NO - IIPC025735/16.

Sir this is self driven car, and I was sick on that day. My car did not move even an inch on that day. This is a false allegation.
I suppose, the person noted the the No. of Car has done mistake. If in that point there is a Camera. I request to see the VDO footage on that day & time minutely.

Pl. give me reliefe for false allegation.

I expect an answer.

Regards Pranab Kumar Sanyal
98 743 56866
Ranadeb Majumdar

Oct 17, 2016

Kolkata Traffic Police Department

I would like to draw your attention towards the traffic violation case that has been initiated against my car by the Traffic Police Kolkata. Case Number: vvPC047347/16 on 04-Oct-2016 at 17:30 near R B CONNECTOR/BOSPUKUR SITALA MANDIR/ Offence - 119/177MVA.

Let me make my point clear. The time that is mentioned in the complain that is 5:30 PM on 4th Oct Tuesday, I was at office and my car was sleeping safely at my garage located in the ground floor of my residence. If this complain has to be genuine then my car has definitely been stolen y some one but that's not the case here. It is just an example. I have received few other such wrong cases against my car which are totally absurd.

@Kolkata Traffic Police Department - Please provide valid video footage against the cases generated so that they become acceptable. Otherwise it is very difficult to accept an allegation which we know to be 100 % false.
I hope that it makes sense.

Now, I would request you to kindly arrange to delete the above mentioned case and others associated with my
vehicle - WB02AC5484

Wb06 4398 Complaint against wrong parking and misbehaviour
Saranan Mukhopadhyay

Sep 20, 2016

COMPLAIN AGAINST TRAFFIC

Today I was violation signals at Sithi More ,it's under of Shyambagar Traffic guard. After several times of requesting Sargent give me UN-authentic case for signals violation. My case should be 119/177 but he give me 184 which is showing rash driving.The incident was happen between 9:13 to 9:15 am. some other person was done same offence who was in front of me Sargent leave him is it justified?? I challenged the case and need Justice.
PavankRai

Sep 15, 2016

Wrong case for no parking

My vehicle (car) has been prosecuted for no parking vide Case No. nnPC031485/16 dated 14th Sep'16. I beg to state that this is a false case and would request the KTP team to please re-look into the CCTV footage. My car was never parked in that area.
Would be grateful If I get some response from the KTP team.
Ananna

Sep 7, 2016

Hitted by a car

I beg your kind attention to the offence I got today. Today when I am coming to the office then I get hitted by a private car. Though I walked along the edge of the road the private car suddenly came and hit me by the left edge and left looking glass. It is noteable that the driver did not blow horn.
Plaese find the details below:

Place-- Biswa bangla sarani(near east enclave stoppage)

time-- 10.55 am

Date-- 8th september 2016

Car no-- WB 24R 8911

There was no trffic guard at that place. I went to traffic guard near saltlake watertank and he said that was not under his area.

Ananna Debnath

phn- 8420134898
amitdev03

Aug 12, 2016

Harassment By Traffic Police - wrong case files

Sir/Madam,
I would just like to raise my concern regarding the incorrect case file against me for traffic violation (signal breaking) which was totally baseless. Today morning at Prama(science city) the case was registered for signal breaking but in actual I am in very good speed and just give a hard break to my car when saw that yellow signal is just about the blink.Some how i am able to manage to stop the car. I noticed one person (wearing grey/blue color dress) noted down my no. and at that moment I a sure that case was registered. That person look here and there while noted down my no., it seems that he has been done some mistake and for the sake of their quota he write down my no. (Case no. xxPC029791/16).

There was no many case registered at various crossing but the time they noted down and mentioned are totally incorrect. In fact i didn't get any alert message in my mobile also. I literally obey the traffic rule but not accept the charges/cases.
Infact there was one case for unpaid sticker, don't know where I was parked but case was there.
Request Kolkata Traffic police to pls show honesty.

Amit
amitdev03

Aug 12, 2016

Sir/Madam,

Request Kolkata Traffic police to pls show honesty.

Amit
sukumar bhanja

Jul 30, 2016

Harassment by Kolkata Traffic Sergeant

Respected Kolkata Traffic Police,

Kolkata police personnel notes numbers of vehicles breaking traffic rules at various crossings and at times they note down wrong number resulting in case on a vehicle which has not gone to that area. i am very particular in complying all traffic signals .but unfortunately i got a massage by mobile that i have been prosecuted for light signal violation which case no-ddTW..6442/16.
I think it is wrong .

This is a very serious issue & came to know from one of your personnel that they have to submit cases in a day for at least 40 vehicles, thus to fulfill the target they write down numbers at their own will & also for the vehicles who are not violating the traffic rules. I felt very bad. This dishonest practice is only seen in Kolkata in India. I have visited many metro & non-metro cities where common public respect Police very much as they get respect from the Police also.

On the other hand the very interesting point is - the signals are very confusing it hardly gives the driver to stop the vehicle at the crossing from green to red as yellow comes for a fraction of a second so that the driver gets the chance to slow down his vehicle.

Now, I would request you to kindly arrange to delete the said case no- ddTW006442/16 DATED 28 Jun-16.

These practices have to be stopped immediately by the Kolkata Traffic Police.

S. Bhanja

Mobile No - 99830016195

E-mail Id - sukumar.bhanja@gmail.com
Ayanava

Jun 22, 2016

Respected Kolkata Traffic Police,

Kolkata police personnel notes numbers of vehicles breaking traffic rules at various crossings and at times they note down wrong number resulting in case on a vehicle which has not gone to that area. We are very particular in complying all traffic signals but still get 4-5 cases every year for traffic violation at a place where we did not go. Complaints to the traffic department does not yield any result.
Ultimately one has to pay up to avoid court case. I have done multiple times.

This is a very serious issue & came to know from one of your personnel that they have to submit cases in a day for atleast 40 vehicles, thus to fulfill the target they write down numbers at their own will & also for the vehicles who are not violating the traffic rules. I felt very bad. This dishonest practice is only seen in Kolkata in India. I have visited many metro & non-metro cities where common public respect Police very much as they get respect from the Police also.

But this time I want to draw the attention of the Kolkata Traffic Police.
Recently we have received a case for traffic violation on 21-Feb-2016(R B CONNECTOR/RAJ DANGA/P) twice with the interval of 10 mins at 16:20 & 16:30 & 24-Feb-2016 at 8:22 (R B CONNECTOR/RAJ DANGA/P) whereas I have not gone to those signals on that said date. Another one is on 24-Feb-2016 at 8:22 (RASHBEHARI AVENUE/RADHA KUMUD SARANI/) How is it possible?

Now, I would request you to kindly arrange to delete the said cases i.e. 119/177MVA on 21-Feb-2016 at 16:20 & 16:30 respectively at
(R B CONNECTOR/RAJ DANGA/P) & on 24-Feb-2016 at 8:22 from current case generated list at the earliest, and obliged.
The Cases numbers are vvPC009889/16, vvPC010096/16 & hhPC018550/16.

These practices have to be stopped immediately by the Kolkata Traffic Police.

A. Sarkar.

Mobile No - 9433162307

E-mail Id - ayanava.sarkar@rp-sg.in
mithunbogi

Jun 13, 2016

corrupted sergeant in Ruby crossing

Almost everyday I have seen to take money from poor driver by kolkata's sergeant in bypass road side from garia to chingrighata at night time. Even the car driver, truck driver, biker are used to gave money to the sergeant. I am not saying that all police personnel are corrupted, but I think most of them are corrupted. Money is taken by sergeant without any recipt.
s.k.dasgupta

May 22, 2016

Wrong Case generated for alleged traffic violation

I would like to draw your kind attention that, from checking of case details of Traffic Police given a traffic violation charge vide no. xxPC019151/16 15-May-2016 11:25 PANCHANNA GRAMP 119/177MVA against my car no.WB02AB4061.

In fact, I did not go/pass in that place with my vehicle on the said day i.e. 15/05/2016. Of course, I went with my vehicle towards Rashbehari to drop my daughter for her music class on that day & same time. But so far my knowledge concern, I didn't violate any traffic that day.I do not understand how & why traffic police give such case as have not happen at all. It is unspected and irritation as well.

Now, I would request you to kindly arrange to delete the said case i.e. xxPC019151/16 15-May-2016 11:25 PANCHANNA GRAMP 119/177MVA from current case generated list at the earliest, and obliged. Thanks,

Sincerely yours,
S.K.Dasgupta
E-mail:s.k.dasgupta57@gmail.com
c_mundhra

May 13, 2016

Wrong Case generated for alleged traffic violation

Kolkata police personnel notes numbers of vehicles breaking traffic rules at various crossings and at times they note down wrong number resulting in case on a vehicle which has not gone to that area. We are very particular in complying all traffic signals but still get 2 -3 cases every year for traffic violation at a place where we did not go. Complaints to the traffic department does not yield any result. Ultimately one has to pay up to avoid court case. Recently we have received a case for traffic violation on 22/04/2016 whereas we did not take out the car on that date.

Authorities are requested to kindly look into the issue.

WB - 06B - 4283
skyindia

Apr 23, 2016

while going for registration office time as per given by RTO

can you tell me while u going for registration of your bike at RTO office and a traffic is caught you and give a case that you dont have proper registration number,
on 22th April 2016 near beltala RTO office
i told him that i m going for registration but he didn't want to listen,
This is not a valid case...
this is totally the wrong ..
i know no one is here for me to give me a fair justice
swapankumarpanda

Feb 15, 2016

Case filed after depositing money at Bank

For my Motor Cycle WB 32 1242 on 31.07.2014 one paper has been pasted over Mud Guard for offence 129/177MVA.
Necessary money of Rs.100 + Bank Charge has been deposited by me within due date at UCO Bank, Ultadanga Branch.
Money Receipt cann't detatched due to hard pesting from original paper.
Now, it is noticed that Case No mmTW030084/14 has been filed with Ld. Courts, Sealdah.
It is not understood why Case has been filed?
Hope Bank has already been send the deposit information to Kolkata Traffic Police.
Please look into this matter seriously and collect information from Bank to finalise the Case.
Please inform me at my mail ID about your quarries.

Swapan Kumar Panda
Email ID - swapanpanda369@gmail.com
Mobile No. - 9932727380
Kapporss

Feb 6, 2016

Helmet for Sikh women

It is very surprising to find that the motor vehicle act differing in states.

Recently I was warned by a traffic sergeant for my Sikh wife ( I am too Sikh) for not wearing helmet. As far as my knowledge goes, there is a HC order 2014 that it be optional for Sikh women to wear helmet. There was an article in business standard by PTI dated October 1, 2014. "Govt opposes PIL against exempting Sikh women from wearing ...

A bench of Chef Justice G. Rohini and Justice Fanuc Sahai Endlaw on being told that similar plea had earlier been dismissed by it .....

The PIL, filed through lawyer Bhupender Pratap Singh, has challenged the recent amendment to Rule 115(2) of the Delhi Motor Vehicle Rules that has exempted Sikh women from wearing gel.eta in Delhi.

Since I believe that we are following All India number plates for our vehicles, we should definitely respect the Act to respect the sentiments of the Sikhs.

With warm regards
Surinder
saikat.maity1987

Jan 23, 2016

Illegal and intentionally case file

I was waiting at Triangular Park besides of City Style for to collect the diagnostic report from N. G. MEDICARE in bike. Suddenly a police assistant wearing a blue dress came and wrote my bike registration number at 07.18 Pm on 23.01.2016. I asked him why he do so but he didn't answer anything and went.

He illegally done this.
Skyindia988

Jan 12, 2016

Kolkata traffice police

kolkata traffic police had given some wrong case on my vehicle .they given cases on those areas where i never go
DALJIT SINGH NAGI

Jul 6, 2015

NOT WEARING HELMET

With due respect I Sardar, Daljit Singh husband of Sardarni, Manmeet Kaur Nagi who is the owner of a Scooty No- WB01 AE 4760 would like to bring into your notice that my wife has been issued two (2) Traffic Violation case letters for paying fine of Rs, 100/- each.

Being SIKH by RELEGION we are not to wear any kind of HELMET or any type of CAP. But even being exempted by the SUPREM COURT Verdict we have been issued this case letter. Sir as we are not at all against the rule of wearing HELMET but being a SIKH by RELIGION I would request you to look into this and give sugessions to the respected office.

1. Case No- ooTW066109/15 Place AJC BOSE ROAD / NEW ROAD ( MULLICKBAZAR ) / P on 04-JUN-2015 at 18.47 Hours.
Offence - WITHOUT HELMET.
U/S CODE- 129/177MVA

2. Case No- wwTW054503/15 Place E M BYPASS / P A SHAH ROAD CONNECAZTOR ( AVISHIKTA ) / P on 17-JUN-2015 at 18.07 Hours.
Offence - WITHOUT HELMET.
U/S CODE- 129/177MVA

Sir once again I request you to take notice of the matter so that I am not declared GUILTY of violating traffic rules. Sir once again I would like to say that we are not at all against the rule of wearing HELMET but being a SIKH we are not at all supposed to ware any kind of HELMET or CAP so sir I request you to see into this matter and reply according to the verdict given by the SUPREM COURT on SIKHS being exempted of wearing HELMET while riding or driving a two wheeler.

Thanking You.

P/S BALLYGUNGE.
hera hossain

Apr 13, 2015

bike seizure

my brothers bike was seized at exide crossing for crossing the stop line, we were also moving back to the point after seeing the signal change red...then he caught us and asked for papers but we were not able to produce papers...whereas another biker who had crossed the line and was not wearing a helmet was allowed to go without asking for papers or catching them instead it seemed him knew them personally...we requested him to give us time of half an hour to produce papers but he didn't respond and seized the bike just for not being able to produce papers on the spot...said that don't teach us what to do and was very rude and ill-mannered and most of the time instead of our pleas he was quiet...we asked him to take the smart card instead of bike as it is equivalent...the name of the Sergent is KALYAN DAS from south kolkata traffic guard (maidan police station)...
he has given us 2 cases:-
1.rash driving whereas is was a stop-line violation
2.documents not produced..
luvablearnab

Oct 21, 2013

Abusive nature and use of abusive languages By traffic police sergent Mr Samiran Baori . Time 12.35 Pm . Place -- South City Mall , Date : 21/10/13

On a legal U turn an traffic constable noted down my car number , which was noticed by me and when i went back to the constable for asking my violation ( which was not there ) he said it was my mistake , on asking the constable i said it is not fair to register violations illegally on asking his name he said " do whatever you want " . When i saw the sergent inside the booth ( Mr Samiran Baori ) , while going to him he used abusive language and shouted over me to keep shut and get lost and pushed me and asked for my license and car papers . When my mom ( 63 year old ) got down from the car with her fractured leg and tried to talk to Mr Samiran Baori , he pointed finger on her and shouted to keep shut and get lost even after noticing that my mom can barely walk .
I truly respect the kolkata traffic police but after todays incident i am ashamed of the kolkata traffic police and feel pity for the senior officers who appoints these un cultured and un-civilised officers . Requesting you to please teach these kind of officers how to respect old people and talk . WITH THESE KIND OF OFFICERS IN THE DEPT , THE KOLKATA TRAFFIC POLICE TAG LINE ( FASTER , SAFER , FRIENDLIER ) DOESNT SUITS . !!

Regards ,
Arnab -- An loyal citzen of Kolkata
Tamal Chakraborty

Jan 31, 2013

Harassment by Kolkata Traffic Sergeant

I was buying a cigarette in front of Icici bank r n mukherjee branch beside me pulser bike, suddenly a Sergeant stop his red bulet(REG NO- WB01A-A8407) and ask me to show my papers he took the insurance with him and start his bike then I asked him for chalan he suggest me to meet malkhana of here street thana around 2pm, I ask his good name also but replied its not required and go away,
Around 2pm I went here street thana and the constable situating at main gate suggested me to park my bike to the local parking not with those bike which in-front of thana because these r the toing cases bike so I did as he said, but malkhana was closed an officer was there near to malkhana I tell him everything and ask for help he replied without name its too difficult to find any officer, i was geting out of thana & suddenly meet with that officer who has took my bike's insurance paper,So i ask him about my chalan or amount of penalty he replied "i dont have so much of time to explain everything to you just do what you asked to do and park your bike in-front of thana with all those bikes, I loos my faith on this officer and due to submit a cheque of my client i move to my office, Now any one can help me because at help-line (2000) to the duty officer i explain everything they suggest me meet that officer to his thana without borrowing my bike there,but he also not provide his name .
I am going to meet that officer again if any help or suggestion can provide then please because i am feeling unsecured in to this situation.

Please take care of that kind of things.

Tamal Chakraborty

Bharat Petroleum petrol pump - Less fuel given by operator
    I fill the fuel every times in my car verna 1680 & my...
    HARYANA ROADWAYS - Ticket Refund
    Hello, This is in reference to my journey in Haryana...
    Bigg boss - Oviya
    Oviya is over acting.She didn't give respect to...
    NAAPTOL - Mini silai machine Not picking the thread and not working...
    Mini silai machine purchased from naaptol not working from...
    RTGS - Wrong RTGS done
    Sir , I Dhanshette Nandkumar Kishanrao a president at...
    INDIAN ARMY - not received commutation of pension
    respected sir, I No-14404367F Ex Hav Clerk Girish Chandra...
    Iph department khaira - Maijor problem of minimum water supply
    Sir Myself Archish sharma and i am from village khaira...
    Kemei km-328 - Hair are not getting straight aftr the machine is heated up
    The machine which i had order online is not working...
    PayTM BUS - Jabbar travels
    The most horrible service ever a bus can provide. I booked...