LIC OF INDIA

Consumer complaints and reviews about LIC OF INDIA

KRISHNAMURTHY SUBBARAO

Nov 24, 2022

Non receipt of annuities

With reference to my annuity number H08021282, I draw your kind attention that I have not received annuities of ₹4458/- since August 2021. The last annuity received was on 1st February 2021 for ₹4458/-.

I have been sending the “Existence Certificate” on a regular intervals whenever it is asked for.

I request you to kindly look into the matter and kindly arrange to transfer the annuities on a regular basis along with arrears.
Satesh.More

Nov 10, 2022

Non-Payment of annuity

Not received annuity due on 1.10.2022
Tried to call helpline. Not accepting the details.
Tried to call Vile Parle Unit PNGS department on the telephone numbers provided. All three lines, just ringing. No response.

My annuity no.: 091Q0714207815
Vishal8082

Jun 26, 2022

Close agency code

I have given request letter for deactivate my agency code but still it's not happen

Close agency code

Riyanshihegde

Jul 16, 2020

Commission not receiving properly

Commision not receiving properly. There is 30 monthly policy renewing month on month via NACH. But no proper commission.
Lic has been deducted professional tax amount. I am having health insurance agency in hdfc ergo health insurance company. If I submit issued from lic tax receipt they are not deducting the tax.Due to lockdown I am unable to visit branch office for collect professional tax receipt.
Request you to pls mail me the soft copy receipt or photo copy of the receipt.

Sukumar anni hegde,
Agency code - 02440922.
8080927935.

Commission not receiving properly

ds.hada

Sep 21, 2019

SURRENDER VALUE

I Have a Policy No.-186799368. some reasons i have failed to paid premium on time, so now i want to surrender my policy. I have Totally deposit amount around 30k+ but now Surrender Value is only 16K. Sir I request you to Surrender Value amount should be increased
My friend also have same policy & same Time deposit he had surrender & he Get Surrender Value is 22000/-. his policy No. is-186799187. Why this Difference occurred Sir.

Samrath Singh
Kota.
Pramod Tiwari

Jun 17, 2018

lic of india

Should you have any comments or queries please do not hesitate to contact.

Thanks and regards
PramodTiwari
Senior Insurance Advisor (Lic of india)
Branch Office: 310, Oriental Annexe 1st and 2nd floor, 86, Janpath, New Delhi – 110001
Satellite Office: 310 (SO), Plot No. 32, DDA Community Centre, Rani Bagh (Behind M2K Pitam Pura), Delhi - 110034
Mobile-09310467871
Email [email protected]
Mohammed Aslam Shaikh

Mar 11, 2018

non receipt of policy copy , after completing the loan amout , even after 20 days

Respected Sir/Madam,
this is to inform you that, I (Mohammed Aslam Shaikh) Having an lic policy no:891359963. had completely paid the loan amount,
and when I enquire about my policy copy the Madam in the LIC Office at Goregaon branch ie 89e .inform me that it will come by
post within 15 days. But know the 30 days gone even know I have not receive my policy copy.
Therefore I request you to please look into the matter and let me receive my policy as early as possible.

Aslam
Raju338

Feb 14, 2018

Fraud Calls

Today, I got call in name of L.I.C. of India that I had a money back policy which was purchase before 2010 has an unclaimed amount.

A telephone caller had my address but she has no policy number. I had similar incident around four years back and I had difficult time in those days. So, I changed my landline number. Now, thinks started happening again. I hope you will take serious action to avoid dent for insurance industry.

Telephone number is 1409304017.

This is toll free number and awarded by MTNL to corporate agency.
Anil chaukekar

Jan 7, 2018

Generated invoice was not completed

I am Anil chaukekar my merchant CODE is A0145091R I request to you see my attachment ,my attachment is invoice print
1 transaction no.
2 transaction date
3 cash amount
was not reflected so i request to you kindly check my attachment and reply me
Thanks &regards
Anil chaukekar
A0145091R
9820568617

Generated invoice was not completed

AmitJhaveri

Jun 5, 2017

Extra Interest taken

I,Amit Jhaveri holder of policy no.927195695 dated on year2014 was unaware of the yearly premium payment as one of your agent name AVINASH KAMBLE from vashi branch 92A had given me this policy as one time premium amount.In 2016 july i got a letter for premium due n i completed the procedure what was told to me n apart from that I had given a cheque of rs209000/_ with interest for past two years before 15th of September 2016.the cheque was being deposited n cleared very next day but the policy was not renewed now lic branch officers are asking me for another interest of rs7000/_ to revive my policy.
abinu

Jan 20, 2017

Password Error

I don't remember my password and i selected forgot password option and received the new password in my registered email id. While re login the same it showing wrong user id or password.

Policy No 905470433

Total Premium 4,176.00

Abinu John

Password Error Password Error

Kamana Mayekar

Nov 2, 2016

Not giving a lic policy from four years

I m Prakash, my policy number is 907841692.
Agent name is Kamlesh bhalja and Ajent code is 01515905. He just lost my policy and now he claims me that I lost or forget, from last 4 year he never ever say wen d premium due, to much time I get a late fee because of her. Ajent is to much unconscious man. Please don't any take this.
Please give me valuable feedback from your side as soon as possible.

Prakash
rajnikant doshi

Aug 23, 2016

loan aplication but not responce

i am client of life insurance corporation of india.my policy no.893035304 branch 91C at new india building santacruz west,mumbai.
under the above policy number i have couriered all necessary documents on 16th of august 2016 and LIC inward department recieved this courier on 19th of august 2016.when i further called loan department to ask if the further procedure for loan have been started or not they replied that they have not got any document from inward department but inward department have recieved the documents on 19th august but they have still not handed over the documents till date to the loan department.when i asked about the problem they said the person who handles the inward department did not came today.so if the person who handles the inward department stays absent for many days, then who is responsible for the pause in the procedure?
is there any other person who handles inward department and can solve our problem as early as posible?

your slogan "ZINDAGI KE SAATH BHI ZINDAGI KE BAAD BHI"
are you proving your slogan correctly as you say?
AdityaBanerjee123

Aug 1, 2016

E-receipt not received

This is Aditya Banerjee. I have not received the premium payment receipt for my LIC policy number: 465552748. I paid an amount of Rs. 392 on 27th May, 2016 through HDFC NetBanking. The transaction reference number for the same is: FHDF4508323480.
Request you to send the premium receipt to my email ID: [email protected]

Aditya
diwakar.prj29

Jul 13, 2016

Surrender Value Not Received After 11 Day

My name is Diwakar Dubey and my LIC of India policy number is 991396053. I surrender my policy after 4 year on fort branch code number is 923.
I surrender my policy on 28 June 2016 and they said me I will get my money in next 8 day but 12 days is gone and my surrender Value is still pending. Please resolve my issue as soon as possible because I have to buy another LIC product.

Diwakar Dubey
Acknowledgement Number: 11268
keval22

Jul 1, 2016

Requisition for NOC

1st Email Request, Dated: 02nd June, 2016

Dear All @ LIC of India,

I, Keval Yadneshwar would like to inform that I have started working for a Bank and wanted to be IRDA certified. But while processing the request for the same I got an update that my PAN number is associated with LIC of India.

It would be great if you can provide a NOC for me to proceed with the IRDA certification with my current employer.

Please find my details as below:

Name: KEVAL MAHESH YADNESHWAR

DOB: 22nd July, 1987

PAN No: ADWPY0991K

Reporting Agent Name: SHASHANK BAWKAR.

Branch: FORT.
============================================================================================

2nd Email Request, Dated 07th June, 2016

Dear All @ LIC of INDIA,

Can you please help me with this at the earliest.

Keval Yadneshwar

3rd Email Request Dated: 02nd July, 2016

Dear All @ LIC OF INDIA,

It has been exactly a month after I have mailed across for the NOC from your organisation but still no revert from your end.

I had visited your office at Sion on 27th May, 2016 and according to the official guidance I followed the guidelines and mailed you for the requisition of my NOC but still there is no revert from your end.

The least I expect is a reply from your team if anything else apart from this mail is required.

Keval Yadneshwar
ramansubramanian

Jun 9, 2016

Non receipt of Notice

Myself and my family members have been insuring exclusively with Life Insurance Corporation of India for the last several decades.

I am now constrained to bring the following few lines for your perusal and kind consideration.

I am having policy No 892878696 since 28th August 2005. The premium amount is Rs 3814/-, payable yearly. I used to receive the notices regularly and accordingly the premium was paid upto August 2010.

I did not receive any notice/s from August 2011 onwards with the result the premium was not paid by me.

During April 2016, I received a letter dated 5th March, 2016, from Branch No 924, Andheri, Mumbai, stating “Last opportunity to revive your policy No 892878696”. I was never given "first opportunity" or "second opportunity". Without giving any opportunities, I was given "last opportunity", which is quite surprising.

Immediately on receipt of letter, I approached branch No 924 who advised me that I should go for a medical check up to revive the policy. I complied with the instructions of LIC, did the medical check up on 9th April 2016 and the report was forwarded directly to Branch No 924 by Mallika Hospital. Again, for some unknown reasons, LIC advised me to submit another medical certificate which was forwarded to them by Suburban Diagnostics on 28th April, 2016. Instead of one medical check up, I was forced to undergo this exercise TWICE, inconveniencing me physically. I was also forced to make the payment twice for no fault of mine.

Soon after getting the letter from LIC and till the time of making the payment, I was continuously following up with Branch No 924 for making the payment. I got the details from the branch only after sending four reminders, by mail.

All these could have been avoided had the Notice was sent to me every year. On approaching the branch Manager, Branch No 924, I was told that sending Notice is not a statutory requirement and that it was the duty of the policy holder to keep a track and make the payment on time. He also told that charges/penal interest cannot be waived.

During the above period, I never had a change of address. In fact, my address in the original policy remain unchanged.

Since I wanted to revive the policy, which expired for no fault of mine:

1. I was made to undergo medical test twice, at my cost

2. Premium was increased from Rs 3814/- to Rs 4127/- per annum, with retrospective effect.

3. I was charged late fee of Rs 6237/-.

LIC did not send the notice for payment of premium, which resulted in requiring the revival of the Policy. I request you not to penalize me on this account.

I request the following in this connection:

1. Refund the late fee of Rs 6237/-.

2. Refund the extra premium of Rs 1565 charged by LIC (313 x 5)

3. Restore the premium amount of Rs 3814 hereafter, instead of increased premium of Rs 4127/-.

4. Instruct Branch No 924 to send the notices before due date to all policy holders

Trust you will consider my request favourably.

Thanking you and awaiting to hear from you,

Raman
Manoj Bhatia 1966

Oct 22, 2015

Housing Loan Statement

This is to bring to your kind notice that I have taken a housing loan from LIC , branch in Borivli west, Mumbai. I requested
your staff for the statement of account which was sanctioned to me in installments. I had spoken to a Senior person Mr. Gajendra
Singh in Borivli Branch, Tel No.022 28926600 and asked him for my statement of accounts,But the answer what I received from
him was that ,I have not received the statement from back office, and was told to me to talk to the main office in fort, Mumbai.
Is this the right answer to be given to the client, When I have submitted all my documents to the Borivli branch, Is it not their
duty to help me with the statement that I have asked for ,For a simple statement of accounts I get this answer from your Senior Staff members, this is really very shameful.

Manoj R Bhatia
9892003117
email- [email protected]
ravir123

Jun 26, 2015

FORECLOSURE OF JEEVAN SHREEPOLICY

Dear Sirs

I had taken LIC Jeevan Shree Policy and all premiums paid by me and policy has become fully paid . I had taken Loan against the policy but could not pay the interest since couple of years . LIC had sent notice to me to pay the premium amount failing which policy will be foreclosed . I had written to LIC informing them ofthe financial difficulties being encountered byme currently and also assured to pay the due interests by March 2016 . I had also requested a personal hearing to plead my case .

However , no response received to my various emails and now on checking with my agent have come to know that the Policy has been closed without any intimation to me and no amount refunded to me also against the same.

Is this the attitude of LIC considered to be always for the people . DO they not possess the basic courtesy of replying to customers and trying to help them . I think people should be made aware of this attitude of LIC and requested not to patronise them any more . Its no more the same LIC it once upon a time was.
atulkumarkatira

Apr 12, 2015

Non-receipt of Annuity by my father

LIC Policy No.881282314 of my father
I deeply regret to inform you that the very purpose of taking your policy for my father for whom I had invested in LIC policy so that he gets regular/uninterrupted annuity is defeated since he is yet to receive cheque of Rs.6,000/- for the months Aug2013, Nov2013, Dec2013, Jan2014, Feb2014 & Mar2014. LIC is not paying these annuities inspite of writing repeatedly. It is very sad gesture of LIC by not paying regular annuity & give trouble to senior citizens.
andy10

Mar 12, 2015

Forging of contents of letter and signature on No Objection Certificate for Claim undated letter accepted by LIC OF India

Undersigned had a LIC policy an endowments scheme policy of Life Insurance Corporation insured for a sum of Rs. 1,00,000/- which was issued in my maiden name Aparna Deshpande. The said policy was due on 28/7/2019.

I had approached CO-OPERATIVE CREDIT SOCIETY LTD.,Mumbai – 400 001.some time in the year 2003 for a loan of Rs. 75,000/-. After following the necessary procedure and required documents the above society sanctioned the loan of Rs. 75,000/- to me for which I assigned my above policy. I repaid the amount in around December, 2009. But inspite of clearing of the loan the society did not return my policy to me nor it re-instated in my name.

In the mean time undersigned state that one Mr. Rajesh N. Prabhune known to me also approached the society for a loan of Rs. 50,000/- which was sanctioned by the society. Undersigned and one of my brother stood as the guarantors for the said Rajesh Prabhune. It appears that the said Rajesh Prabhune defaulted in the repayment of the said loan amount and as such the society started recovery process for the said loan amount from the guarantors. Undersigned states that no such intimation for recovery of the said loan taken by Rajesh Prabhune was ever received.

The said above Policy was given to society as a security by me when I had taken the loan from the Society in 2003. As aforesaid, though the entire amount was repaid by me the Policy was not returned to me, though several verbal reminders were given by me.

The said policy was due for maturity in 28/07/2019. It was only when my LIC Agent went to pay the half yearly premium of the said Policy somewhere on 1st August, 2014 she came to know that the said Policy was surrendered sometimes in July, 2014. The said Agent accordingly could not pay the premium and informed me about the said fact. I was shocked to learn that the said Policy was encashed by the society without my consent knowledge and information to me. I would also like to state undersigned accordingly approached LIC to know as to how the said Policy was allowed to be encashed. The said LIC Office BRANCH No. 88 J Dadar West Bhavani Shankar Road, Mumbai where my policy belongs informed me that the said Policy was surrendered in favour of CO-Operative Credit Society Ltd. and that I had given no objection Certificate for claim surrender for the same. I would like to state I was shocked to learn that No Objection Certificate for claim surrender was given to the LIC . When I asked for the inspection of the documents and a copy thereof I was again shocked to learn on inspection of documents that the contents of NOC for Claim surrender were forged with my signature and it was submitted to the LIC, which was dated nil. It was significant to note that the said Policy was issued from Branch NO. 88 J however the said letter allegedly signed by me was addressed to the Sr. Divisional / Branch Manager LIC of India Branch No. 895 United India Building 1st Floor, P. M. Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400 001. Incidentally the said letter addressed to LIC branch No. 895 was undated and the said letter was forwarded by Co-Operative Credit Society by their letter dated 27/06/2014 which was addressed to Branch No. 88 J of LIC under the signature of the Secretary of the Society.

I have not given any letter to the LIC for surrendering and giving no objection Certificate for claim surrender of the said Policy for a consideration of a loan of Rs. 50,000/- sanctioned to Rajesh Prabhune. The said undated letter was forged and fabricated by the society.

I would like to know how did LIC accept undated letter of the NOC for claim surrender and how did they verify the signature on the letter with that on the assigned policy. It seems that there are possibility the CO-OPERATIVE CREDIT SOCIETY LTD.,Mumbai – 400 001 and LIC of India Branch No. 895 have worked hand in gloves for surrendering my policy without my knowledge and without my consent, assigned the same to the loan of Mr. Rajesh Prabhune. Alternately there is a possibility that some one from Co-operative Credit Society Ltd., may be an agent for this branch and hence the undated letter was accepted and forwarded to my original branch of issuance of policy for surrender.

Kindly assist in the matter. I want to know what action i can take on LIC of India for not verifying my signature and finding the details in the matter.
M K Sinha

Aug 23, 2013

Fraud / Fake Amount Transfer as Bonus to unknown person

Dear Mr. Rakesh Bajaj,
Dy. Director – IRDA,
Head Office, Hydrabad.

As discussed with reference to subject, Just I know through your Asst. Manager Mr. Gautam Singal on my Mobile communication ( 9820510492) that Some LIC bonus amount going to transfer to unknown person Niraj Sharma with my fake authority letter which I never issued any one. This is a fraud going to happen with me & request to immediate stop this fake transaction & credit the same to My own registered SBI saving account no. 30991261198 only..

As per Mr. Gautam, on Policy agent commission also activated 30 % highest which is unacceptable & request to cancel the same
Your immediate response will highly oblige us..

Thanks with Regards,
M. K. Sinha
Call :-9820510492
[email protected]; [email protected]

Mar 2, 2013

Premium paid statement is not available

Whenever I try to log in the LIC for premium paid statement never been able to open the site. Whether LIC of India is not interested in providing facilities for their customers. How pathetic. They should immediately look into this matter and solve this issue.

Mar 2, 2013

user id & password forget

Dear Sir / Madam,

Please reject my previus user id & passward, beacuse i forget my id & password.

so i want to register as a new user id.

Nagender Kumar Choudhary

Jan 14, 2012

Policy not issued

I think your case may be pending due to some some underwriting required by division so its need to followup.