Mahindra Scorpio Automatic

Consumer complaints and reviews about Mahindra Scorpio Automatic

scorpiovlx

Oct 26, 2018

Automatic Gearbox

I Own a Scorpio Diesel Automatic VLX .2009 Model.
I had some gear shifting problems and i took the car to our nearest agency TVS in Trivandrum,Kerala.
After thoroughly checked they said the gear box has to be changed and it will cost you a fortune. I am really disappointed . Very passionately i bought a Scorpio ,its a second hand vehicle and i drove only two months that car.. I paid 5.5 lacs and the mechanic is saying that i have to spend another 3 lacs to make this car run.
Pls advice me a solution to solve this problem and suggest me what i should do ?

Rgds
William.
DHOBIDI

Feb 18, 2017

Attention please

I have purchased a Mahendra Scorpio SLS 2.2 in 2014.Present problem is the announcement of attention please in my vehicle it was totally noise to hearing,how can I solve the problem.
Please suggest me
derekdsouza71

Apr 29, 2015

Scorpio Automatic - Cheap Engineering

I purchased an automatic in 2009, my second Scorpio. The earlier one, a manual transmission, gave me 1,60,000 wonderful Kms.
The Automatic is a nightmare...after 14,000, I had regular complaints of jerky gear shifts at adhoc rpms and each time the service station would set something with a laptop without charging me anything.
The car has only been to Authorized service stations. Every 2500 km till 10,000 km, Every 5,000 Km till 30,000, and every 10,000km till now which is Just 60,000.
At 60,000 the car has packed up. The transmission refuses to shift gears. The car starts and that's it... it doesn’t matter if it’s in P,N,D,R. It’s stationary.
I can only assume that the company sold me a defective transmission and was buying time through every service to get it out of warranty.
The service station says that it would look into the problem, but till then they would like to inform that at every 60,000 km, an automatic transmission requires flushing that is for....please take a seat....whooping 40,000 to 50,000 RS.
I have been in touch with "Mahindra with you hamesha'...which they are not. They are with the privately run service stations hamesha. Its just a call center with people not aware of cars and dependent on the service station on whatever 'technical' jargon they dish out. Where is the company in this and what’s its responsibility after the car leaves the factory is totally an unknown?
The Scorpio is supposed to be an off roader... My self-driven Scorpio is a city car. The only off roading its done is climbing Delhi’s flyovers and dropping into its pot holes. An A to B office drive is all the poor things ever done.
Please don’t waste your money buying the Automatic...its cheap engineering.
andrewmascarenhas

Feb 3, 2015

Mahindra Scorpio Gear Defective bew generation

I have purchased Mahindra Scorpio new generation , on 29 Oct 2014 , in Goa Muktar Automobiles , Since afetr 5 days of purchase .
I noticed a irrating noise in Transmission , When I start the vehicle and the Engine running in idle speed in neutral after some running of about 7 to 8 kms and the Vehicle is warm the noise emanating from gear transmission and dissapears awhen depressing the clutch, noise only goes off when depressing the clutch that means the noise comes from Gear train , and looks like the bearing in Gear is faulty . I called the Service workshop and they send Mechanic to have a look and the Mechanic checked and told me that the noise arise in Clutch and needs to be replaced , My self being a technical hand and being knows about the repairs , I told him that the noise Arise in Gear. Then i took the vehicle in Service work shop and they advised me to drive the vehicle and they will order the Cluth Plate and pressure plate assembly , They changed the Clutch , plate and Pressure plate after a week or so , Still the noise remained in gear , then They decided to inform the Mumbai head office and the Top Manager personally made vist to see the defect and he decided to replace the Complete Gear Box and the gear box , And insisted me to drive the vehicle as it will not harm the vehicle and performance, Then later they told me to get the vehicle to get replacement of the Gear Transmission, The Gear transmission was changed and Still the noise was present in GEAR BOX . Then they decided that their ENGINEERING team to come and have a look on vehicle , They visited and tok the vehicle for repair ,ENGINEERS FAILED to remove the noise from GEAR TRANSSMISSION, they says its not a problem and not effects the vehilce , I am telling them that I have paid for the performance and I dont need to hear the irrating noise.
MY REQUEST TO YOU , PLEASE CHECK THE NEW GENERATION SCORPIO , IN NEUTRAL AND HEAR THE NOISE AND PRESS THE CLUTCH , I WONDER ALL VEHICLES GEARS ARE DEFECTIVE AND FAILURE , I BELIEVE THE GEAR BOX DOEST MATCH THE M = HAWK ENGINE AND NOISE EMANATING FROM GEARS TRAIN AS IF THERES NO OIL , PLEASE ADVICE WHAT I HAVE TO DO?

Thanks and regards
Andrew mascarenhas
andrew_masky@yahoo.com

Feb 6, 2011

hai friends,
please i advise all, when you planing to take automatic gear vehical, please consider toyota, nissan, volswagon, suzuki, bcse they are verey experience in this field, indian car companies no experience this field, they just started, any way we hope after some years indian car companeys make good automatic gear vehicale.
saji nair
User209503

Oct 30, 2010

31oct 2010

Dear Mallikarjun,

your dealer Sterling motors, returned my Scorpio after apparently fixing the clutch problem.

1)soon after I now had a gear shaft and a gear knob that kept rotating in my hands.Obviously this was shoddy work and service.

2).Further, while my wife had taken the vehicle out, the remote access stopped working and when she tried to enter with the manual key the alarm kept going off.Neither would the vehicle start. On contacting your help line she was told that she should get the spare remote and key and try with that. She then left the vehicle, got into a rickshaw went home 10kms away and returned in the rickshaw with the spare key and remote. this worked. I then sent the vehicle two days later ( as your service centre is closed on Tuesday) to get this issue fixed as well as the loose gear lever and knob.

We were told that the battery of the remote had apparently died! are you telling me that this battery life is under one year and less than 9000 kms?!

3) Anyway they fixed this and apparently also the loose gear lever and knob. However, sterling asked for the vehicle at 10am and took till almost 2pm to hand the vehicle back to me. That too happened only when I began showing my irritation.

4) About three weeks later, Today- the knob and the lever are again lose and rotating!

5) Worse still, I took the spare key and remote and now this remote isn't working!!

What kind of nonsense is this ? I do not have the time and the patience to keep going to your god forsaken service centre and as an extremely irate customer, I DEMAND that all these issue be fixed quickly, once and for all, and at my doorstep! Please do not force me to take drastic action!

Your vehicle, service, everything, is the worst that can possibly be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14 Sept 2010

To: CUSTOMERCARE
Subject: SCORPIO : A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

I purchased a Scorpio VLX regstrn HR26AZ4149, with the assurance of the Mahindra name behind it and WHAT a MISTAKE I have made. This vehicle which you boast off as strong and with great endurance lasted all of 8000 KM and the clutch GAVE WAY!!

I own only TOYOTA vehicles and this was a third car that I had picked up, purely for the pleasure of driving.I was stuck in this situation bang in the middle of traffic with the police screaming at me and vehicles piled up behind me. I desperately called your dealer Sterling Motors, only to be passed from one phone number to the other. Finally the tow jeep arrived and I drove the towed vehicle to the workshop. I missed several appointments and the vehicle was repaired only by 6pm.

My complaint, however isn't with your dealer, but with you and the poor quality of vehicles that you palm off to your customers! I have lost all trust in the scorpio and wouldn't dare drive it in any remote location where your dealer cannot be contacted. In fact I dont know what I'd do if stranded at a late hour... You have lost a customer... I wonder if you even care.

regds

Oct 14, 2010

Pathetic service & poor quality of product manufactured

poor service and gearbox complaint
I bought a scorpio M Hawk in 26/6/2009 from Blanglore and registered in kerala. When it done 17000 kms the vehicle broke down with gear box complaint. Then the vehicle was with kottayam tvs service centre and they told us they changed the gear box we beleived . On 09/10/2010 the vehicle again stoped with the same complaint again it is in the kottayam service centre now it done 23250 kms. They told us they change the gear box after that it did only 6000 kms then how comes again it burned up? my scorpio is having complaints with a/c and also with the company fixed central lock which I noticed them on the first service itself. Then they told me that it is an Indian made car so there is a great chance to show complaints, as a non resident Indian thats gave me a big pain. I strongly beleive that the vehicle is having some manufacturing defect with the gear box. If this happened in a western country your company will be in a great trouble.

Sep 13, 2010

Pathetic service & poor quality of product manufactured

Dear Manju, we are sorry to hear about your experience and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please mail us your complaint along with your contact details to scorpiorefresh@gmail.com, and we'll get in touch with you shortly.

Aug 26, 2010

Pathetic service & poor quality of product manufactured

I bought a scorpio Automatic after selling my Innova. It has been a night mare ever since. I had one of your own dealership saying we cant expect better than what i have with Indian vehicles. The third day after i spent 12.5 lakhs on Scorpio automatic bearing registration number TN 18 B 111, with Engine number HC94L44404, chassis no MA1TA2HCP92L29094 dated 30-11-09, model VLX AT, the cover of the censor behind the rear view mirror fell off. I went all the way from Anna Nagar to Vadapalani only to hear " oh it's only a cover sir". Ever since that day, the case has been changed, altered during every service to an extent that my SUV stood apart! people knew by default that the case would have fallen off! to top it off...the handles will be constant concern as it needs to be tightened every month. After a month the air conditioner was maknig so much noise that it made me sweat! when asked the filter get's clogged every now and then... A xylo, a lower budget car, has the luxury of a row AC whereas an automatic scorpio owner has to make do with a single AC!!! I own a few cars, Benz C class, Swift to name a few...but believe me never have i had such a unique unpleasant experience like the one with Mahindra. After 20,000 kms, the autmatic scorpio seems to have a major problem with the gear box for which my vehicle has been in the custody of the authorized workshop for a little over a week!! I have also received a call asking me to take delivery of the vehicle and "adjust" with the horrible vibration as the part has been ordered and it will take another week for it to reach the service centre. Is this your idea of penalising me for having been stupid enough to purchase the highest valued car in your SUV manufacturing segment? I request you to consider a fair deal. before i flare up enough to go to the consumer court, can you just take back this pile of junk and give me my money back? I also wonder if this is the case only with my vehicle or if this is the standard i can expect as one of your executives stated? if thte problem is only with my vehicle, i am still open to take a chance with another piece of junk and would love to stand corrected about my perception of Mahindra. There are no Contact details given for me to directly raise my concerns with Mahindra. Hence i have chosen this medium hoping that some justice be rendered.

Now sports journalism on a digital platform - Digital Platfrom
    Sports have always been very close to Indian hearts. True...
    tata docomo - Network issue
    My network is completely down I need to change the service...
    anganwadi - Hostile behavior
    I am complaining about aya/ helper of anganawadi , bondel...
    APPSC - OTPR ID
    please provide my otpr id for the gmail...
    Indian Speed Post - Not tracking my consignment
    My Consignment No. JA027308577IN, when i track on indian...
    sony six - Improper Broadcasting
    Live telecasting of Venus Williams vs cornet match in...
    LIC customer portal - service availability
    hi Team, The LIC Customer portal :...
    Work - Account open
    Account khulne diye the abhi take nahi kula hai Asrganj...
    Forest Department - CUTTING OF TREE
    SIR, WITH REFEREANCE TO THE ABOVE SUBJECT REQUEST YOU...