Manipal Hospital

Vikranju

Sep 15, 2020

Neha Doctor PEDIATRICS emergency

Dear Manipal Team,

I and family of 8 are registered patients at manipal old airport road.

We are visiting manipal for over 10 years now.

Its deeply disturbing to have sad experience on my recent visit.

I went with my kid with just fever to PEDIATRICS emergency and got stuck with a over selling arrogant doctor named Neha. We strongly believe the way she manipulates to admit the kid to make money was such a drama.

Unneccessary tests were asked to be done and she was adamant to get the kid admitted without any records of issues as manipal do not suggest any such things on 1st day of fever.

We later spoke to two different doctors at manipal and confirmed all that neha suggested was unnecessary and wasn't required.

Please terminate such doctors who are only concerned about reaching there target and are behind making money indirectly.

Pathetic experience and now this has made me think of manipal twice before visiting next time.

Ranju
Chakrabortybishal362

Apr 25, 2020

Against Bribe

I was Previous Employee Of Manipal Hospitals, Bangalore at Radiology dept . Though Hospital is very good But i am really fad up with H.R department , I left This Organization In Year 2016 , Now in Covt-19 Emergency i want to udro My p.f money . i have called H.R department so many times but could not able to speak with them regardind my p.m amount . every time a person named Abdul picks up the call and talk with me , he even asked me my password and UAN no. I know he is not from H.R department But every time he becomes H.r and Deals with p.f related amount on Bribe system, There fore i Request management Please Take action in this matter .
Regards Bishal Chakraborty
Vipoo

Feb 24, 2020

Why this manipal hospital Dwarka is taking amount for CGHS pension card holder

Hi. I want to fill one complaint against Manipal Hospital Dwarka. My father was admitted on 24-02-2020. 8pm till 2.30 am. I got a bill 3700. My father is pension CGHS card holder. They are asking for full payment.
dev46a

Jul 22, 2019

Untrained doctors

My father was admitted in Manipal hospital dwarka and the doctors gave him hypotension medicine while discharging and his blood pressure was low at 90/56 on discharge. once discharged he was again admitted the next day due to this reason of wrong medicine. For 6 days the amount deposited was 6.5 lac without any responsibility of care. Second opinion from other docs told this fault and Gangaram docs rectified it. My question is why there is not a check on all this and a loot with the patients is going on openly with a fake treatment risking the lives of patients.

I will take legal expert advice on this once my father resumes his health.

Sarvar Kumar
dev46a

Jul 22, 2019

Unprofessional doctors

My father was admitted in Manipal hospital dwarka and the doctors gave him hypotension medicine while discharging and his blood pressure was low at 90/60. once discharged he was again admitted the next day due to this reason. For 6 days the amount deposited was 6.5 lac without any responsibility of care. Gangaram docs told this fault and rectified it. My question is why there is not a check on all this and a loot with the patients is going on?
sandeep20111972

May 10, 2019

negligence happened from the doctor

Re : IP No10000421027
Hospital No : MH 001658150
Admission date : 04/04/19

This is to bring to your kind notice that my sister Sanjana Rishyak ( I am Sandeep from kerala ) who had undergone the treatment with Dr. Jaya M Bhat due to abnormal uterine bleeding was admitted on 04/04/19 and discharged on 07/04/19.

On 23rd April 2019, my sister had sever pain in the back which she couldn’t bare and called up the doctor for the appointment. Dr generally told her it was not necessary to come and take a tablet. The same night she had sever back pain literally crying which was more than the pain of delivery which she had to hold on till next day morning.

On 24th April 2019, She went to meet the doctor directly and doctor immediately did the scan and found out something went terribly wrong during the surgery. After reaching hospital staff informed her to pay 1 lakh for which she didn’t expect such a huge amount to be paid.

Sanjana was diagnosed with enlarged kidney which was due to shrinking of the ureter. This happened during the key hole surgery while Cauterization, negligence happened from the doctor side for which they had to fix a stent. In spite of all these issues they gave her the final bill which she had to pay in full amount for the treatment which was totally hospital responsibility to wave off this amount.

For your kind information my dad is also a doctor and most of our family members are doctors who runs hospital here with whom we had done a review of the reports. For the amount of pain my sister took wanted compensation of 10 lakhs.

On 26th April 2019 – My brother in Law Mr.Rishyak received a call from customer relation officer who wanted to check on the patients health. Mr.Rishyak told them what they had done was totally wrong regarding the payment issue and he was more worried about his wife. In spite of all this Mr.Rishyak didn’t create any issues with the hospital and did the payment. Customer relation officer just informed him that they will look into this issue and get back. So far no courtesy calls. Please note that there should be some ethics which hospital fail to do.

We are going to take up this matter legally and let the public and media know how the hospitals are making money at the negligence of the doctor. We are retaining copies of all the reports and am sure any court will see merit in our demands.

This letter is one last appeal for your sense of fair play. If my grievance is not redressed, I reserve my right to take whatever action is necessary to see reasons. In such event, I shall also claim damages on account of causing needless mental tension and anxiety.

I expect to hear from you within ten days from the date of this letter.

Your sincerely

negligence happened from the doctor

Re : IP No10000421027
Hospital No : MH 001658150
Admission date : 04/04/19

I expect to hear from you within ten days from the date of this letter.

Your sincerely
Sandeep
PS : Copy of this letter will be send through registered post acknowledge due
suprabhabehera

Apr 25, 2019

Inappropriate and unprofessional Medical Service

Reg no: MH004716484
I have got complaint of lump in throat so went to hospital on 23/04/2019(ENT OPD). Doctor Vijay Rangachari asked me do following test, FNAC thyroid, ultrasound and Thyroid function test. So I went to the respective lab for the test.

In radiology dept, it was asked me to do ultrasound first and I have to take appointment for FNAC test which will cost Rs10000.
So hearing the FNAC test fee, I decided to go for ultrasound, because I felt the cost is very high for FNAC test in manipal hospital. Even thought of taking second option i.e. to different hospital.

Just to confirm the cost again, I went to hospital on 25th of April and checked. It is told me that the cost of FNAC test is Rs1500-2000 based on number of slides. I opted for the test and paid Rs1500.By this time, my consultation period (3 days) got over, because I will get FNAC report next day(26/04/2019). So I have to pay again for consultation though I have no fault in all these procedure.

This is really unacceptable from Manipal hospital, misguiding the patient, giving wrong information. Patient will be more sick hearing the fees of each test which is too high.

You should educate each staff in the hospital give correct information to the patient.

I am not at all happy with the overall service(including doctor and lab) provided in the hospital.

I WOULD NEVER GO TO THIS HOSPITAL AGAIN AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE TOO.
kkb0070

Oct 9, 2018

inappropriate and unprofessional full body medical test

I want to file a complaint against Manipal Hospital Whitefield Bangalore for
inappropriate full body test and unprofessional behavior.

I did a visit to the hospital on 6th Oct 2018 for full body test, I have got a strange report on my Blood glucose level i.e. 56 before food and 81 after food(which is too low).With that they did 19 tests and took 4500 rs.

The fact of the matter is, in the final report nothing was mentioned for the same having that low and they told all normal except Blood cholesterol level high. Later they looted 3000 rs for diet consultation(3 month plan) which was not required at all.

The very next day on 7th Oct 2018 I did one more test and found my Blood Glucose level absolutely normal 91 and 112 respectively.

When I started to enquire for the mismatch they misbehaved me and drooped the phone couple of times.

I did write to them 2 times in mail but no reply.

I did spend 4500 for test and 3000 for diet consultation and now I think I got nothing benefit.

Please help me escalating the same.

I have all the misbehaved voice recording available with me with the mail proof.

Khitish.
+91-7406251283.

inappropriate and unprofessional full body medical test inappropriate and unprofessional full body medical test inappropriate and unprofessional full body medical test

Shradha2018

Mar 8, 2018

Customer care is the worst

We tried reaching for the oncology dept but they werent picking. This was for follow up. Then we tried contacting the main reception that was also not done..worst hospital ever honestly. They care only for new patients ,not the others.
Hephzibah Ann Mathew

Mar 5, 2018

Interview

On Monday I was called for a job interview for the position of staff nurse as per the instructions I came for the interview late because of traffic jam I reached there at 11am I told my situation very politely to the head nurse who wore a black suit and pantspant she responded back in Avery unprofessional way and her language and slang of language which she used stood at a low meridian of english language as a nurse I din she any humanity and as cruel as hell and being in same proffession and bitchy towards each other is their code of ethics and she was not ready to take the interview and there was one more person with an I'd card who responded the similar way as the former one I wonder how they trained in the houses by their parents and is this unethical professionalism is followed by all care nurses or is this the relegated savage attitude are being nurtured there even for the patients omg that's indecency with no humanity and lack of education with masters degree from hell shame on you.how well the other institutions are behaving with candidates take a minute and educate yourself..dont be like grassroots without nourishment at least be a human.
Hephzibah Ann Mathew

Two days cost is rs 63000

Saran1236

Oct 26, 2017

Too late ,lazy employs

For xray we have waited for more than 2 hours and reached at 2:30 pm after completing all the formalities asked as to go fie xray till 5 no response idiotic response still dint get it done and have to travel more than 30 kilometers
Sufferermax

Jun 11, 2017

Extremely commercialized. No concern about patient

Visited general physician Dr Manjunath D to get treated of fever.. In the very first visit, the doctor recommended a third degree, strong antibiotic. The temperature was a little over 101. Besides he asked me to get admitted the very next day! I don't think this is how a doctor should go about treating a patient. He spoke in such a scaring way that you would think you are in peril. I would never visit the hospital again. Would request nobody else to visit it either.
srvijay

Jun 1, 2017

Pure case of Cheating from Malathi Manipal J.P nagar Bangalore

I have no words to describe the amount of bullshitting/Cheating they do being in Divine Service industry.......
i think this is what been thought in name of Medical education for more than 6 years pure MBA not MBBS
but at least let them loot money by giving proper Diagnosis & Treatment not this way please!!!!!!

General Physician one Mr. Dr Manjunath was treating me god knows for what
i had been for a general consultation for some rashes on my body (Allergy) just after i came from my work i was more than healthy but just red rashes on my body which was itchy and spread across

i was made to admit in first place which was not required
i was made to stay there for a weeks time to treat a simple allergy
i was charged Rs.52,000 for this allergy (i thought only critical illness and surgery would cost so much)
and to add to it even after this they dint know what it was they were treating for and they agreed on the failure of the diagnosis of the actual illness
now the main stuff..on the Discharge summary they came up with some Technical terms on the diagnosis part, when asked they explained me the meaning and it was like
i am poly arthritis patent
i had Urinary track infection
i had some severe body muscle joints pains
severe de-hydration
Viral syndrome
i was shocked to hear this and when shouted at them they were trying to convince me that i had all the above when i threatened to sue them they are slowly disclosing that all these were written for Insurance purpose for the claim to get approved.
OMG this is what is the situation of our Service Industries today.

only good thing happened to me was i was almost tested for all shit which came out Negative and i realized i am perfect
and for a weeks time i got to rest in an AC room watching TV and getting sympathy from well wishers

later i just realized we bafoons have this Corporate Insurance but what about this happening to normal people who does not even have insurance they are just doomed if they go to this kind of hospitals even for a small reason of illness.
Ravisankar n

Oct 26, 2016

Doctor timing wast .staff receiving worse pasintis suffering

Doctor timing wast. staff receiving to worste .pasints full suffering to bad to worst
ankitakacholia

Oct 17, 2016

Unethical behaviour: Earning money and playing with health

I want to share my worst life time experience and it is with Manipal hospital, Bangalore (Old Airport Road).
I am 28 years old and found to be completely fit and healthy with no running medications. I went to OPD of Manipal Hospital on 18th Aug night 9.00 pm for continuous vomiting. I was suffering from vomiting that day with severe acidity and that happened due to eating outside food. We went to OPD, the doctors over there started treating me, put saline. That time, my BP was very low and that was due to dehydration as I was vomiting since morning. But, they took that issue so unusual and started doing lot of tests as ECG, Echo, sonography, blood tests etc. One of the doctor is saying its abnormal pregnancy and other is coming and saying its some infection stomach. No one knows what to do? They are putting injections, drips, everywhere on my body. It was going on uptill 3.00 am. Then they took me for CT scan and finally they decided that I need close monitoring and admitted me in Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
We are unable to get, what they are doing and I was normal and was in all senses and telling them continuously that I am fine. But, they were making their own stories and telling me that I am not fine. At 4.00 am, they admitted me in ICU. And till then, they were unable to stop me acidity and vomiting. I told the ICU doctor to give me medicine for vomiting and then they gave me. And then they told me to put on ventilator. Ventilator???? As if I am dying. A young girl who is feeling perfectly fine and suddenly someone is saying that u need ventilator…Its ridiculous. I refused to do that but they insisted me to do for 3hours. I did it.
In morning, I was perfectly fine. My vomiting stopped. Then again in morning cardiologists’ team came, they did Echo, ECG again and reported that there is some heart infection. Then other team came, and told, it might be Dengue. And they told to do MRI. And, I was continuously telling doctors that its food poisoning as I ate outside food but they were not ready to listen me. But, I refused. And, I was keep asking my nurse about the reports. All were normal. All blood tests were normal.
We realized that they are just making money from us. Then in evening, we decided to get discharge. Then attendant doctor refused to discharge me. But my husband and I was adamant to give me discharge. Doctor told my husband that anything can happen to me, its on your own risk you are moving out. He wanted to frighten us. But, we refused and we told them to discharge, And I told nurse to call doctor to see me and give some medicines or prescription, but doctor refused to come. I have not seen such doctor with no heart and no courtesy for his patients. He didn’t come to meet me and prescribe me any medicines rather he told you are absolutely fine and you don’t need anything. If I didnt need anything then why he kept me in ICU??
And, then I visited other physician and she gave me just 2 medicines and I was perfectly fine. But, because of so many injections, drips I felt more weak and recovered from that weakness in 15 days.
This was totally nightmare for me and my family. Horrible experience. I will never enter in that hospital again. They just ask in beginning that you are having insurance and if they know this, they start treating you with unwanted tests and medicines and just charge you high and earn money. They charged with Rs 95,000/- for just one day. The bill detailed charges for 3 times echo and 3 time secg. In one day they are doing 3 times same test and charging again and again. I Have not seen such treatment. They are looting people and playing with their body.

Jul 7, 2016

POOR QUALITY OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MANAGEMENT

Ì have visited Manipal, Bangalore, HAL Road from West Bengal for Executive Health Check up for my parents & me. I am extremely sorry to state that I have never seen such kind of poor customer services & after paying a hell lot of money, hospital's staffs behaving towards us in a such manner that we felt extremely down for that. On the next day of visit, my dad had cunsultation with neurology department, the coordinator there asked us to wait for 1.30 hrs, where as we have waited more than 4 hrs, & the doctor is not bother to attain us, till then! I personally requested to the coordinator that we have flight on today, and we are waiting for more than 4 hrs, then only she disclosed that doctor is out side for his personal work & if we have a flight then they can return back my money! Total wastage of money, time, self respect. IT'S A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.
tanksharma

May 2, 2016

Manipal Hospital Doctors

I had heard a lot about Manipal Hospital Old Airport Road Bangalore. Since I moved to Bangalore few months back I needed to take my mother for her fresh consultation and treatment .
Here starts my frustrating story of dealing with these "reputed" doctors and the staff...
I had booked appointment online with a doctor at Manipal Hospital for consulation .
On the day of the appointment I started up early with my ageing mother who is very weak physically . The travel distance is around 17km one side.

When I checked in at the hospital , I was bluntly told without any ettiquettes of "Sorry" , that the concerned doctor is NOT available today .I was dissappointed as my time and energy along with the stress of travelling were put to no effort.

I went home and took appointment for the same doctor for after a week .

This time when I reached with my mother , guess what , I was told that doctor will not be coming to hospital today!

At this point I was furious and was leaving the hospital stating that I would NEVER come back to such an in -efficint hospital..

There are many other things I suffered here like :

1. 1.5 hrs of wait time to collect four medicines from the hospital Pharmacy.
2. Inefficient and incompetent majority of the doctors I consulted. They dont even look properly to the reports before providing there useless advice . Most of the stuff I already know and they insist on several tests all the time with hardly any suggestions .
Zero health improvement . This was after I consulted 3 different doctors at the same hospital.

3. The attitude of the management staff is super impolite , rude and not all encouraging. Doctors are treated as some senior government officials and instead of doctor paying respect to his patients the reverse is expected !

There is much more to comment ...
kdeepti

Apr 14, 2016

Medical checkup

I Booked medical checkup for my father who is diabetic. The name of the check up is "Diabetic screening package" which applies for existing diabetic patients also. I selected this package and paid online. They mentioned specialist consultation "Endocrinologist" in this package.

But after going is there they did the Blood test and sent him to physician.

There is no use of having exclusive packages for diabetics to go and meet a "physician" instead of "Endocrinologist"

Instead of this my father can go and do blood test in any near by lab which worth Rs.60/-
maravanthe

Feb 28, 2016

Inefficient Doctors

We visited Malathi Manipal Hospital opposite to JP Nagar Central. As it was a sunday (28/02), we went to the hospital for high fever and body ache. We went to casualty and after prelim checkup of temperature was advised to take DOLO 65. The duty doctor did not even do the basic check of throat which is basic for any fever. The checkup was for less than 5mins.

But we had a wait at reception for a good 20 mins as they had difficulty to fill the online form (not our mistake).
We shelled out 750Rs for a prescription of Dolo and wrong diagnosis. The problem infact was severe throat infection because of which the temperature was high. The throat was not at all examined.

When the duty doctors represent such a reputed hospital, they should be aware of such basic checks which should be done.
Because of their inefficiency, I had to suffer an extra day before my family doctor could suggest the right treatment.
Ram Kanchan

Feb 16, 2016

Doctors

Such an ass whole doctors out there. The system is horrible and no explanation other then sucking money. I am in New York my mother in law is was suffering from coronary arteries blockages they kept her in ICU last 20 days did nothing other then billing.
I need to tell the world that this doctors and organization cheating poor people who does not understand the health issues.
I want to get this forward and need everyone supports
You can email me at [email protected]
Kanchan

Jan 14, 2016

MALATI MANIPAL HOSPITAL HEALTH CHECKUP - A SCAM

Health check-up package aks head-ache package - please do not purchase any check-up at any Manipal branch ONLINE. They are cheating people by showing non existing packages at discounted rates for online purchase and once you pay online, they will make you to run behind them like a mad Dog to get refund.
Billing is another irresponsible and shameless dept of MMH.

I had been to malati manipal hospital on 31st by making online payment for 6899/- but after reaching hospital they told that some packages are not exisiting and told to me to opt for different package. I chosed a package which cost 5850/- and they told that Billing section will call back me for refund process. By its reputaion I waited for a few days thinking that they would call me back and gice details on refund.
Since 1st jan to till today (15th jan), daily I am speakign with the billign staff to get the rewceipt and refunbd and every time new person takes the call and ask me the details. I have explained to atleast half a dozen people and every time the person would say he will track and will get back to me. But no one repled. This is happening daily and day before yesterday I visited hospital and shouted at them. Then they told that account dept is off that time and they cannot provide me bill since they have to confirm if my payment is received.

My case has almost travelled all the departments it is related to but NO progress.

Billing is the most hopeless, shameless and irresponsible department in their hospital. It has been 15 days and they are not able to confirm my payment and process the refund. When I visited hospital I asked for manager's number and the shameless staff were not ready to share his mobile number.

People, please never pay them online not take this hospital's service.

Just thing how pathetically they work - no one is taking care of my case. Really frustraed with their service.

You check for "liver screen package" which is unavailable from long time. Still they show false info on website.