Mumbai Local Trains

Consumer complaints and reviews about Mumbai Local Trains

akshaypal1910

May 28, 2017

Increase the frequency of Panvel bound trains and start new trains for Andheri from Thane via Transharbour line

This is to inform that as the Mumbai's crowd is increasing day by day and many passengers take a route to Transharbour through Central main line via Thane station and vice versa daily..... I have a small suggestion to increase the Panvel bound trains on Transharbour line during peak hours.... This would help many passengers who travel via this line(Transharbour).... Also I have noticed in many places and sites to start new local services from Churchgate to Thane, Dombivli, Kalyan and Ambernath but due to lack of space to lay two new tracks in Mumbai it is next to impossible.... But I have a small suggestion regarding this issue that staring new locals from Thane to Andheri via Transharbour and Harbour would make passengers to reach their destinations easier rather than taking their way through overcrowded Dadar station....The route can be from Thane to Vashi via Transharbour and then connecting this line with the Harbour line upto Vadala Road and through Vadala Road to Andheri....The route seem to be long but it's not as the existing line from Panvel to Andheri runs in the same manner this line will run from Thane station....!!!!
Tushar Roy

May 15, 2017

Overcrowded trains and slow harbor line

Please I request to start fast service trains from navi mumbai to andheri. Currently harbor lines have only slow trains which make travelling time very long and trains get crowded as people keep boarding at all stations. Many accidents occur due to overcrowded trains. Kindly look consider this suggestion.
pashu777

Apr 28, 2017

Diva people creating nuisance in trains

I am traveling from Dombivli to Kanjurmarg from 8:06 am trains from Dombivli when train stops at Diva station people get into the train opposite of the platform and do dadagiri to get inside the train. Lot many times they keep on pushing the travelers until they make a sufficient place in the train for himself due to which people standing inside the train receives lot pressure from both the doors which impacts our health, like chest pain, etc. Many groups standing at doors are active at Diva and Mumbra station due to which normal travelers has suffer while traveling in local trains.

Request you to send RPF team to rectify why this is happening.

Prashant Choudhari.
brijeshkesariya

Apr 27, 2017

Cleaning of Toilets

The Borivali Platform 7 contains one Toilet block, but since last many days its not cleaned. It always smells very badly and even people can not walk near the toilets. Its realy needed to be clean as soon as possible so that we can stop negative impacts on health.

Thanks in Advance.

Apr 21, 2017

ABSENCE OF Platform Indicators on Borivali Station (Western Railway, Mumbai)

This regarding absence of Indicators on Borivali Railway Station ROB. There are new ROB under construction in Borivali Railway Station. However, the ones present does not have platform Indicators. When we enter the ROB, we have to find out the small TV's wherein all the Platform and Local Trains Time Table is displayed and all the people gather at the same location to search trains.

Other Railway Stations have Local Platform Indicators displayed in Big so that, as soon as you enter the ROB you can spot your train and rush to the specified Platform.

Due to Absence of Indicators, we have to go another corner or ROB to find out our own local and again return to specified platform to catch the Train.

Request to Railways to put some Local Platform Indicators instead of Just putting advertisements (The ENTIRE ROB ROB IS FILLED UP WITH VIVO SMARTPHONE ADS. BUT I THINK RAILWAYS DID NOT GET A SMALL SPACE TO INSTALL PLATFORM INDICATORS?????)

Apr 21, 2017

ABSENCE OF Platform Indicators on Borivali Station (Western Railway, Mumbai)

Request to Railways to put some Local Platform Indicators instead of Just putting advertisements (The entire ROB is filled up with VIVO Smartphone Ads, but nowhere Local Platform Indicators are present?????)

09987192444
KANNAN MAHADEVAN

Apr 18, 2017

Request for frequent check in 1st class in local trains

I am a 1st class traveller from Badlapur. There is no Ticket Checking Staff posted in Badlapur, resultant 2nd class travellers freely travels in 1st class without much fear and rude behaviours. However, I kindly request Railway Board put permanent ticket checking staffs at Badlapur station and increase the ticket checking at 1st class compartment to catch the culprits so that eligible 1st class ticket holder and season ticket holders can travel with comfort....
savvyguru

Apr 14, 2017

Arrival of trains at the station

Train arrives earlier than the scheduled time. Many a times I and many people like me miss them. So I request you to be a bit late about the train arrivals. 5 mins late is OK for us.
Mumbaicommuter09

Apr 13, 2017

Illogical Fare rules

Recently I got fined for travelling from Chembur to Vile Parle for 250 rupees. The TTs complaint was that I had a ticket for the Vadala route whereas I had taken the Kurla route for the same journey. The fare for the both ticket routes is the same. I just told the Ticketing booth employee on the Chembur station the destination and he handed out the ticket without asking which route I wanted to travel by. Why should the route I travel matter when the destination and the ticket prices are the same. I read up about it online as well and noticed that even though there have been multiple complaints about this in the past, no action has been taken to standardize this. I mean when you travel by the metro in Delhi do they care about which route you take or the source and destination of your journey. Isn't this the local train we are talking about? The fact that rules like this exist in face of consistent inconvenience to commuters is appalling. I would like the authorities to look into this and make sure appropriate action is taken to sort this out as soon as possible.
Hingis

Apr 11, 2017

Ladies ganging

This is to bring to your notice a gang of vikroli bound ladies teaming up in Cst fast local which leaves ambarnath at 8.10 am. The gang is headed by a slim, fair average heighted young married girl. She is in the first class compartment Cst end. She and her punters comfortably occupy the door completely leaving no space to enter or stand for other passengers. They do not allow passengers from Dombivili to enter and completely block the left side (they are all facing their front to the Dombivili platform). There is a lot of unrest due to this and the entire pressure and crowding is borne by the people on the right. We've tried talking to them but doesn't seem to be working. We hope you make available one TC or police at Dombivili station Cst end first class ladies coach around 8.30am.
niravpatel03

Apr 8, 2017

LED display not working

One of the LED display which shows about next upcoming station is not working for coach number 1063B, Central railway, Mumbai.
Vikrant RAUL

Mar 16, 2017

12.30 chembur Panvel to cst train

12.30 am from chembur ( Panvel to cst at cst) train always terminate at wadala station. Railway should provide us details for these kind of termination.
sundramurthi ravichandran

Mar 11, 2017

tilak nagar station was not included in atvm

I'm a BMS students today I have taken a ticket through atvm which is in Wadala station but I can't find a option of tilak nagar so I taken a ticket for Kurla they both charges a same for tickets but at tilak nagar station I was caught by TC and he was forcing me to pay a fine and he order me to stand on toilets for not paying a fine and they were saying you gone a face a jail for not paying fine.
am I a theif or a fraud is it my fault what can I able to do If I never find a option of the station name
shrimahuli

Mar 7, 2017

less number of trains from thane to cst mumbai

respected sir,
myself shridhar mahuli travel from thane to kurla for work on a daily basis. some times i find that trains are suddenly late , and told on announcement suddenly. so a traveller gets late to their workplace. also the frequency of trains from thane station to cst mumbai has been very low. thane has been a junction . but still central railway need to do much regarding more number of people going from thane to cst mumbai for work. so a kind request that if the number of trains from thane to mumbai cst increases the people boarding from thane station will have less crowded trains and a comfortable travel. my number 9819378228. thank you.
sheebaps

Mar 7, 2017

On ticket checking in first class compartment

This is to bring to your notice that no regular ticket checking is happening inside the Mumbai Local train (harbour line). Those passengers with second class passes are regularly travelling in first class coaches and denying seat to privileged first class pass owners. Especially in ladies coach where the fist class seats are very limited (only 14 passengers can be seated), second class passengers occupies the vacant seats so that first class passengers are made to stand and travel. First class passengers are paying heavy amount for their passes but the facility is enjoyed by second class pass owners who pay a very nominal amount. As ticket checking is not happening some of the second class commutors are regularly travelling in firs class compartments. This is injustice to the first class pass owners. Please look into this matter and do regular ticket checking especially in ladies compartments.
Sunil dubey1234

Mar 5, 2017

Local stopped witween station

Dear sir.
I really proud my bhrtiya rail is good conditions no body rich on time because if u takenfast train is really bulsit. I am going to joheshwari to charchget by train 10:12 is five time stop without station it a condition for Indian train. Thank Mr prabhu
navinrawat

Mar 4, 2017

Replace location name

I had purchased ticket thane to mansarovar pass for 1 month but after due to office shifted to goregaon mumbai i told to ticket counter man,please replace thane to goregaon if u require more money im ready to provide,they said its not possible.
Sir I'm saying where is the proper government system ur guys just earning all public tax income everyday and i need proper local train system..
afsar.shaikh

Mar 1, 2017

Availability of Police and TC

After seeing people in Locals, behave like Gundas having a gang of people not letting people to go inside despite of having space are increasing nowadays. If we raise voice against them, they abuse, use faul language and even try to throw us out of the running train. They travel without tickets in First Class and there's no one to ask them and take necessary actions against them. It's very shameful that in our city such people survives.

Below is the link having the story of one of the Mumbaikar among us who came across such situation:

The level of such activities are increasing day by day and we have to raise our voice against them. I hope necessary actions will be taken against these guys and proper help is provided to every person traveling in Locals daily by means of RPF in each boggies and a help number is available for all of us.

We don't want anyone else to become victim in such cases. We want safety measures from Railway authorities and we're in support of it.

Hope this'll make a change in our Transport safety.

Afsar Shaikh
chouhand51

Feb 25, 2017

ATVM machines not working

I have seen many instances where only 1 or 2 atvm machines are working out of 5 to 7 installed in many railway stations of central western and harbour lines

Sometimes machine don't print tickets even after completing transaction

This is one of the inconvenience faced by Smart card holders day to day and has to be taken care of for better services

It would be appreciable if concerned authorities look into this to resolve
Yasharth Brajesh

Feb 23, 2017

Wrong Fines Being Charged by the TC

A Ticket Collector stopped me at the entrance of the station and asked me for the ticket. I told him that I have just entered the station and I'm going to the counter to buy a ticket as the ticket counter is on the foot over bridge and I'm going there to purchase the ticket. But he didn't understand me and caught hold of me and handed over to a police officer nearby. I completely denied to pay any fine as I didn't do any wrong deed and I was going to buy a ticket as the nearest counter was on the bridge but he said that you must enter the station with a ticket. So for that the railways must establish a counter outside the station. This incident happended at Mira Road Station in Thane(Mumbai). And due to this I missed my office today. I hope stricted actions will be taken against the TC and my fine amount will be refunded as I had to pay the fine at the end.

Wrong Fines Being Charged by the TC

leorubz

Feb 21, 2017

Bhajans in Trains!

This is in reference to the morning commotion a group of people create with their bhajans and songs.
Firstly I completely understand the fact that on religious grounds what they are doing is justified, but there are many people like me who travel by train in the morning to our workplace and all we want is our early morning peace till we reach out workplace, whether we have a seat or not is irrelevant in this case. And then there,s always this group of people who come with their bells and other instruments singing loudly to the dislike of others. We understand devotion, but not at the cost of disturbing other people this way. Please stop this nuisance in locals, it is a horrible disturbance for people who wish to sleep off their way till they began their work or are travelling long distances. Quite obviously nobody Takes the courage to talk to them about this expecting an unnecessary argument. People cannot just disturb and create a headache for other travellers travelling with them just for this purpose. This happens even in an early morning train of around 6.30!! , where literally all the passengers travel in sleep for some quietness, and these people come and create a horrible commotion. I earnestly request that Strict action should be taken to stop this practise in Mumbai locals at the earliest.
Being vocal for about a million other daily Mumbai local passengers.
hareshsoha

Feb 15, 2017

ticket checker

hello sir,
kal hum ko kalyan se thana jana tha aur thana se bandra to thana me utrke fir hum bandra gaye aur humne return ticket nikali thi aur ticket timing 9:30am ka tha humne uswqt he journey ki thi to fir bandra station pe tc ne humko 510 rs charge kiya wo logo ne kaha ki humne journey wo time pe ni ki he ek gante me apko journey kanri hai aisa kyu sir jub humne time pe kiya journey to charge kyu sir..plz action le ispe bandra station do tc the sir.plz take action sirf lotne ka kaam he logo ko..
Shailesh Suresh Bhoir.

Feb 10, 2017

first class compartment indication on platform

Every day I’m travelling in mumbai local trains and I've seen most of the 2nd class people are travelling in 1st class compartment.
may be intentionally or they are not aware of 1st class compartment because there is not sufficient information to aware them!!!!
Mumbai local train service should add more highlighters like platform should paint at 1st class coach or/and which thin pillar is painted with cross red and yellow stripes should be broad with lights in same colors.
Chintan Shukal

Feb 9, 2017

Lost baggage

I had boarded in a first class compartment in local of Kalyan to dadar from dadar at 9.02 pm on 08/02/17 from dadar with a carry bag of cream color (made of jute cloth) having "Hyfashion" printed on it.

I got down at thane at 09.35 pm but forgot to take my bag which is put on carrier above the seat.
It contains ladies kurti wear (total 18) along with a pouch containing some visiting cards and challan.
Please return below if somebody found this.

Chintan shukal
Shukalchintan@yahoo.in
Kamleshhin

Feb 8, 2017

Non working of at my machines

9 Atmv machines installed at harbour vadala station out of nine machines only two are working.no response from superior regarding the working of the machines.