Oyo Rooms

Consumer complaints and reviews about Oyo Rooms

Mar 16, 2019

Worst Hotel Service, EXTREMELY PATHETIC

Dear Guest, We are extremely sorry for the disappointing experience. Please share your booking ID details so that we can get this checked and assist you further.

ergauravcs

Mar 14, 2019

Worst Hotel Service, EXTREMELY PATHETIC

Hi OYO Team,

Since I started working , I had a dreamt of taking my family on a nice vacation , I got the chance most recently and was planning for the same for more than a month. I was super excited and had planned each and everything (every small item). However, THANKS to your pathetic support and highly irresponsible behavior , everything got ruined. The best experience that I had imagined turned into a nightmare , something which I would never ever forget. I had already booked my family flights via Yatra and was getting a good 50% off on a reputed Hotel , however I chose OYO , thinking it would be the best , but it was the biggest mistake of my life.

To give some context, my parents visited me for first time in Bangalore and I had Booked Moriz Hotel in Marathahalli , this is listed as premium hotel , hence I chose the same. However, it turned out to be the biggest blunder , reason being forget any premium service or any luxury , the hotel couldn't even provide basic service. All through 3 days , there was not a single drop of water in the washroom. To make matter worse , bed linen was not changed until last day evening , dustbin was overflowing with garbage and the same was not cleaned until I reminded them 6 times for the same.

This was by far the most horrifying and pathetic experience of my lifetime , and inspite of my repeated calls to OYO Support , not a single help / assistance was provided to me , instead I was harassed and asked to provide medical proofs by your Guest experience manager Helan Pathak. I have on call recorded , in which the Hotel Manager informed the OYO Guest experience manager , that their is not a single drop of water in the hotel , still no solution was provided to me. All I was told was that Oyo ground team was not reachable and best i could get a call back (which I never got till date in last 5 days after check-out). Furthermore , the Hotel manager kept telling the Oyo Guest experience manager , that he has informed OYO AGM as well about the issue, and even further check-ins have been blocked. I was astonished to hear , that Hotel manager had the audacity to say , that earlier water tanker used to come for Rs 500 , now it is coming for Rs 1000 and they don't have any water available in the whole property. This was said on record to your Guest experience manager and still no resolution or action was taken. As you can listen in the attached call recording , I was forced to beg for water and still there was no outcome.

I had planned lot of stuff , but everything fell out of place because of this. I had planned a early morning visit (at 6 am) to Nandi Hills but there was no water in the washroom owing to which I had to cancel the same , then I thought of taking them to Bannerghatta national park at around 10 am , as the hotel staff promised water in couple of hours. At 10 am , water started coming and my father for bathing and just after 10mins the water was again gone. When I complained Hotel staff , they said water will be there in 15 mins, I told my father to wait for 15 mins in the washroom, however when there was no water still (after 25mins) , I called Oyo and Hotel staff informed them , that water wont be there for another 1 hr or so and they cannot do anything about it. Finally , I had to arrange a mineral water can of 20L and provide to my parents , by then My Father had already spent more than 1hr in the washroom. I spoke to Oyo captain and he promised to call me back after 10 mins , however I didn't got any call. You may refer my call logs in the attachment.

In the evening I again called Oyo and explained all the problems I was going through , unfortunately my problem was not heard and it fell on deaf ears.

On 10th my Parents had a flight to Shirdi and I requested each and every single person , from Hotel manager to Oyo Captain / Support (I even spoke to Hotel owner), but no resolution was provided to me. I had merely asked for some water so that my parents could bath and go to Shirdi . However I was told that Oyo ground team was not reachable , to make matter more worse I was asked to provide medical proofs .

I had a kid travelling with us and she has Asthama , due to such unhygenic conditions , she developed Viral fever and was vomiting repeatedly , due to which she had trouble breathing, I had to go a middle of night and purchase nebulizer for her. Further, seeing her condition , I had also planned and cancel the whole trip and book a return flight rightaway (which again I had to cancel , as she couldnt travel in such conditions). All this costed me more than Rs 50,000.

Can you even imagine the pain , I have gone through, can you imagine , planning every small thing for 1 month long and then seeing everything fall apart.

When I made a booking , I was promised 4 things by Oyo :-

1) Complimentary Breakfast

2) Free Wifi

3) Clean linen

4) Hygienic Washroom

As you can see, the promises have not been fulfilled and I haven't got a single call from Oyo regarding the status on the complaint I raised. Instead all of them have been marked as resolved.

Can you please help explain :-

1) How are you planning to proceed with the complaint I have raised? What has been the status so far on the same?

2) Why I shouldn't go to consumer court and File a lawsuit against your firm, for all the unbearable pain and agony you have caused to my dear ones. I spoke to National consumer forum helpline and they suggested to file a case against your firm.

3) On my repeated calls , I promised to Oyo Captain and support , that I'll make sure you realize the suffering you caused to me. I have already suffered a lot of emotional and financial loss , due to this and I promise and swear to god , I'll go to any lengths and make sure , the concern is heard .

Please take this as a notice , I am already discussing the issue with a lawyer and would file a lawsuit against OYO soon. Further communication regarding the same will be communicated shortly via POST.

Thanks a lot for all the misery you caused to me , I have promised myself , I'll make you pay for all the pain you have caused me , no matter whatever it takes.

Please refer attachments for more details, as you can see I have called multiple times and spoken for 40+mins, still never got any solution, and instead my problem was marked resolved without even informing me. Also, refer the call recording in the attachment, in which you can see the tremendous pain I have gone through , Thanks to you and your team.
Sheshagra Verma

Jan 17, 2019

Kerala package

We have been waiting for 3 days to get the flight tickets after confirming the payment of 84000/- ...but there isn't any reply from the OYO travel expert ,Mr.Narender Singh. [email protected]
Contact no. 7053058555/8010428280
We have been trying to get to him via these above mentioned numbers,but he is never available there as mentioned by his assistant,Gaurav.Kindly look into it,and get us our tickets!

Kerala package

Flight tickets

hilal_rizvi

Nov 10, 2018

Fraudsters OYO - Hotel Property photo Mismatch

My booking ID is JQMR8926,I booked Shivraj Hotel property in Nainital on Mall Road For from 6-11-2018 to 9-11-2018,
During checkin we found Room size are very small and not matching with the photographs they have mentioned during
booking time.The price they are charged is also double the actual price of those small rooms.I called OYO custome service to cancel my booking but they shifted my booking to other property(New Bharat Hotel) ,I found Location of this property was not suitable.So I did not avail there Accommodation.Since than I called OYO customes care almost 20 times to REFUND my amount and every time New person use to handle my case without any result,I wrote my complaint to OYO app. but there also OYO team closed my case without any investigation with me. OYO customer Care is Horrible and useless fallows.
John73099

Nov 2, 2018

Customer service

I recently visited one of the oyo in jaipur, just because of incomplete information given by the agent I ended up paying more, and once I called them , Anshul Agarwal manager, he said we can't help you and seem to have no knowledge about the situation, even can't speak English properly,, plz don't book oyo rooms switch to booking.com, much better.

Nov 1, 2018

Re: Pathetic service

We're extremely apologetic to know about your experience. This isn't the experience we want for our guests. We'll look into this ASAP for you. Kindly share your booking ID/contact no. with us.

nehabhar

Oct 31, 2018

Pathetic service

I have known OYO for its brand name,however the services I received from day 1 were worst.
Let me list them below:--

1) Ist day when i came to take the room i was given ....someother customer was already staying and i waited for around 4 good hours for the room to get vacant and the shit in the washroom to get cleaned up along with other things.

2) Water problem as reported a lot many times.

3) Cable has been disconnected since past 15 days and even after lots of complaints ...no action. We payed for the services we never got and are not getting.

4) Mostly people would be leaving the property due to pathetic services provided.

This email was to bring this to your notice to make sure this brand name is maintained. I am sorry to say but really disappointing.

Neha Bhargava

Sep 30, 2018

Re: Not received the refund from OYO for canceled bookings

Dear Guest,
We contacted you regarding this and our team shared the details with you. Do let us know for any other assistance.

Sep 30, 2018

Re: Not received the refund from OYO for canceled bookings

Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured, we'll investigate and solve the issue leading to this. Appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

venisharma

Sep 24, 2018

Not received the refund from OYO for canceled bookings

I had booked the hotel rooms(4 rooms with 3 different bookings) through Oyo in "OYO 15466 CM Palace By Elegant" hotel on 30th August and then cancelled the bookings on 31st August.
I had paid all the amount(Rs 5438) through credit card.

The cancellation policy says I should get my full refund within 7-14 days from the cancelation date.
Its already more than 20 days and still my refund is not processed. I called OYO multiple times and I get the same reply saying I will get the refund within next 2-3 days. Still I am not seeing any update/progress.

Please help me to get my refund as soon as possible. Otherwise I have to cancel all my upcoming bookings I have made through Oyo.

The booking ID and amount paid details:
WXNU9845 (Rs 1555) + ZBSJ6935 (Rs 1344) + WLDV3249 (Rs 2539) --> Total Rs 5438

This was the email I had sent to [email protected] For this I received an email from ARUN _00563585 and here is the email conversation we had:
ARUN _00563585
Sep 21, 2018, 9:12 AM (3 days ago)

to me

We apologies for the inconvenience, We would like to inform you as per your concern your amount has been refunded from our side If you didn't fine his amount kindly contact to bank.

Regards & Thanks
Arun
Guest Experience Manager
Oyo
9334032:209058

Krishnaveni N <[email protected]>
Fri, Sep 21, 10:02 PM (3 days ago)

to ARUN

Hi Arun,

Still I have not received the refund.
Could you please tell me for which bank account you have refunded and also send me the transaction details.

Thanks and regards,
Krishnaveni N

ARUN _00563585
Sep 22, 2018, 7:36 AM (2 days ago)

to me

We apologies for the inconvenience, We would like to inform you as per your concern your amount has been refunded from our side same payment of mode.

Regards & Thanks
Arun
Guest Experience Manager
Oyo

Krishnaveni N <[email protected]>
Attachments
Sat, Sep 22, 9:46 AM (2 days ago)

to ARUN

Hi Arun,

Please find the attached credit card statements for last month and this month. I don't see any amount that was refunded.
Its more than 20 days and when I call Oyo first time they said the transaction was failed. After that they said, they will just refund and have to wait for 2 more days. This has been repeated multiple times and still I have not received any payments.

Please send me the screenshots of refund you have made to my account.

-------------------------

After this I did not receive any response form this guy and if I call the Oyo team again they are saying same old statements. They will talk to concerned manager will get the refund..

Attaching my credit card statements for your reference. Please check this issue and transfer my refund as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,
Krishnaveni N

Not received the refund from OYO for canceled bookings Not received the refund from OYO for canceled bookings

Mohd Tousif

Jul 31, 2018

Balance refund for cancel booking related_

Dear All,

I was busy my own business, I did not investigate, but no money was received till now.

Who is responsible for this, if I do not get my money, please share your upper management contact number and email id.

This case was of November'17.

Transition I'd- rqxzkdr60og8maxy6lbuvd34.

Mohamed Tosif
Aarif Sjl

Jun 18, 2018

Wrost experience we ever had

I was booked a room at hotel Westwood Inn in udaipur (rajesthan) to stay during my tour to udaipur, through oyo rooms, hotel reception humaliate me and dishonor me and denied for checked in saying that hotel not available rooms in hotel but when i booked my booking it is written that rooms are available.

Im from Godhra and hotel denied for stay and wasted alot of time searching other option.and i asked oyorooms through call 5 to 6 times but no satisfaction from your end side for other options nither resolve problem after around 1 hr I have booked new hotel through same sources I mean through oyorooms till this no call/solution from your side.after till day I asked for solution through call 15 to 20 times but still I didn’t get any response.
I seriously asked oyorooms, is this the way you treating customer, i here in this plateform raising my issue that it just because you i lost my dignity, i lost my self respect and they humaliate me.
I asked several times through call to oyorooms but they were not coming with reasonable response.
I want justice for my honor and respect that hotel reception done to me and want responsible one payment refund and make my totally free biking in hotel divine intervention where in I hv checks in room, and i have wasted my valuable times no issue for me money cannot heel everything. But strick action to relevent one make me feel better.

Thanks…..
Seegal

Jun 12, 2018

The Worst experience ever had

Booking id: AHVC1685
At Oyo 10665 sec 20, Vinayak Royal Palace, B-46, "Room no. 505" .

The worst experience we ever had...
1) The room was full of bad smell and dust everywhere, AC not at all working, washroom was already used, urinated and spitted spots allover and plus wet, bedshit was so dirty and blanket had yellow dirty marks on it, no towel and Oyo kit they provided.
2) When we tried to contact the responsible manager there, they started arguing about the condition about AC and all, and that guy started saying now what we can do, at last he send AC service person who wasted our 1 and half hour during our 4 hours of miserable stay in hot, after servicing it's again no working therefore we had to leave that Oyo hotel.
3) We had to checkout within 3-4 hrs and booked another hotel and also during checkout he was demanding my phone to give them 5 stars in their review by own which we clearly denied.
Seegal

Jun 12, 2018

The Worst experience ever had, so messed up.

Booking id: AHVC1685
At Oyo 10665 sec 20, Vinayak Royal Palace, B-46, "Room no. 505", Noida, Up.
The worst experience we ever had...

I'm so sad that I wasted my money in such a messy place, totally regret.

I request you (unfortunately) that look into this matter ASAP or I will complaint about it further.
- Not at all thankful.
drhardikmakkar

Jun 11, 2018

oyo facility condition

I am Dr. Hardik Makkar and this this is a mail regarding a complaint about my stay at OYO 1865 Hotel Trevidi International , Kolkata.
My booking confirmation number is HKPG9831 and I checked in on 10th June 2018 and checked out at 11th June 2018.
The following are my observations about your property:
The property is located at a place where there is no phone connectivity. (atleast with the major telecom providers like Airtel and Vodafone).
The Hotel’s WIFI is not working and the staff has nothing to say about it. They say that it will get repaired when it has to. So , the customer is potentially left with nothing to communicate.
The room Is not as per description and has mosquitos.
The hotel doesn’t give packaged drinking water and after asking again provided with a 2 litre mineral water bottle which is on payment basis.
The room’s television doesn’t work as it has cable issues and has not been repaired since when I don’t know.
The staff communicates in foul language which makes the entire environment inhospitable.
The staff doesn’t receive intercom in the morning as the are busy sleeping.
The morning tea can’t be expected as the milk has not been delivered. The customers have to wait for the milkman to supply the milk following which the tea will be prepared, if it has to.
They charge the entire money at the time of checkin as they believe, the customer would run without paying.
There is no sense of regret from the management about the hotel for the substandard services they are providing.

My question to OYO is :

Why are you spending so much on online application, internet based booking and backend services when the hotels under your name are so mismanaged and have such pathetic services?
The customer is satisfied till the time he reaches the hotel following which he realizes that what he has paid for is a Total waste and would have directly booked hotel at a lower cost rather than using OYO.
Its Time for Team OYO to introspect about the model which they are running in India. Its important for OYO to audit the hotels which they have under their name as it will definitely hamper the image of its brand. At least in my mind as a customer.

I request you to Kindly answer my queries and at least give me one reason so as to why I should be using OYO again for my stay.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you
Hardik Makkar

May 28, 2018

Re: regarding refund amount for cancelled booking

Dear Shilpa,

We are extremely sorry to know about the trouble and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. Rest assured, we'll investigate and solve the issue leading to this. Our guest support team will soon get in touch with you regarding the issue and look into the matter for you. Appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

shilpa1000122

May 27, 2018

regarding refund amount for cancelled booking

I Booked at Hotel On 8 May @OYO 9033 But due to plan change, i have cancelled by calling to oyo cc team.

OYO team also sent me a mail regarding refund But After Passing 20 Days, No Refund Receive.

Every time OYO team told Me that "Due to some Technical error your money not refunded so WE REFUNDING MANUALLY From OUR SIDE."
[They Saying Same LINE Everyday]

Totally Frustrating..Worst Service So Far.

Booking Date 8 May
Cancelled Date 8 May
Booking ID SGQP8302

regarding refund amount for cancelled booking regarding refund amount for cancelled booking regarding refund amount for cancelled booking

May 17, 2018

Re: Cancellation of Account

Dear Guest,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Kindly share your registered details with us at [email protected] and we'll do the needful here. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.

S B

May 16, 2018

Cancellation of Account

I have been trying to cancel my OYO Rooms account for the last1 month. However, they seem extremely unresponsive to any customer request. Have sent them mails multiple times, have spoken with them multiple times logging this request. However, still nothing seems to be getting done by the OYO Team. Hence logging this complaint on this forum.

Rgds
Brammar18

Feb 16, 2018

Paid for room that wasn't available upon arrival

We made a booking and paid for the room in FULL only to turn up at the hotel and be told they did not have a booking under our name. Once the hotel staff realised we had booked with OYO they told us this had already happened to other guests as well.

We are from the UK so did not have phone service or internet. We were stranded. The owner let us use his phone to call OYO. They apologised and told me I would be refunded. Obviosuly we expected a refund, this by no means rectified the mistake they had made. We were told there were no rooms left in the city for the night (which is obvious as it is Chineese New Year). It is therefore their job to find us a room and they failed. We were literally homeless for the night. As much as Kumal apologised no solution was offered to recitfy the problem. Supposedly he was the 'manger' but what manager cannot solve a problem like this. It is a basic level of customer service, having worked in hotels myself, I know what should be expected.
They then proceeded to tell us that he had a room available in Kuala Lumpur - I thought that was a joke. I mean seriously they expected us to pay for our own flight to stay in this room to then fly back to catch our ferry at 9am in the morning. Absolutely insane! A stupid and unhelpful suggestion. We repeatedly explained we had a ferry to Koh Lipe in the morning.
We gave them an hour to sort out the problem.

When we rang back we spoke to someone different. He again apologised and said we would be refunded (we had been told this already multiple times) No one seemed to understand the fact that we were homeless for the night, that was the problem that needed solving. It was frustrating being told the same thing repeatedly.
We asked to speak to the person who was dealing with us intially and first we were told he was busy and unable to take our call (even though he was the manager apparently) and then later in the conversation we were told Kumal had finished his shift - yet he had promised to sort the problem out and knew we would be calling back, ridiculous and unprofessional. Being lied to just increased our frustration and made our experience 10 times worse.
The fact of the matter is they messed up therefore they should have solved the problem, but none of then cared. Outrageous company.

We had to sleep rough on the beach because of their incompetance. That is just completely unacceptable. Especially when there were rooms available (The Frangipani Langkawi Resort and Spa $780). This was available on booking.com - obviously something we couldnt afford, but we were told that as this was not registered with OYO rooms you would not book this. Completely unacceptable. They should be going out of their way to find us a room. Honestly still in shock at the awful level of customer service.
Prerna13

Feb 10, 2018

Confirmed booking cancellation

Was told by the hotel tushar elegant ghaziabad that the confirmed booking that we made won't get accepted since their contract with Oyo rooms expired.
The guest was told this hen he reached the hotel at 6 in the morning for a wedding function.Humiliating expeeience.Will never use again and dissuade friends from using the services.

Feb 9, 2018

Dear Pankaj,

We contacted you and discussed the matter over the call, the issues highlighted by you were forwarded for investigation and the same was shared with you. We shared the policy regarding valid Id proof during check-in. We apologise for the experience and we'll make sure you have a smooth stay experience with us in the future.

Feb 7, 2018

Dear Pankaj,

We tried to connect with you but the attempt was unsuccessful. Please tell us an alternate number/ a convenient time to connect with you.

Feb 6, 2018

Dear Pankaj,

Appreciate your patience and understanding in this regard.

SBSTC - Bus Stopped without any information
    Dear Sir/Madam Please see my subject and take necessary...
    Happy fizz - Charging extra money for cooling the drink
    I went to buy an happy fizz on opposite side of agra fort...
    LIC - Form submission failure
    I have filled the form for LIC aao generalist recruitment...
    Cargo - Product not delivered
    Hi I send the cargo on 15/01/2019 but cargo still not...
    parent - 1 question was out of syllabus
    Sir/madam Hindi exam that was occurred on 19th of March...
    LIC - Form submission failure
    I have filled the complete form for LIC AAO generalist...
    CBSE - 1 question was out of syllabus
    Sir/madam Hindi exam that occurred on 19th of March 2019...
    scholarship - not sent bank
    APPLICATION NO.201709804913 SSC HALLTKT...
    Street light - street light
    i live in kamla enclave barara the street light is not...
    street light not working - Dogs in the locality
    I live in kamla enclave barara and i am a doctor. There...