PUBLIC BANK MALAYSIA

Consumer complaints and reviews about PUBLIC BANK MALAYSIA

FTSL

Oct 10, 2019

Worst Bank

I cannot agree more that Public Bank has the worst Customer Service when it comes to problems that needed them to settle. But they are very efficient in getting sales from you. If you have something they need, they will become the most friendly person in the world. But if you only have problem for them, they will ignore you till you send them a lawyer letter. Since most people don do that, so it has became their culture to ignore your problem.
ahduhui

Sep 10, 2019

Rude Staff Service

You guys call me at first, and say connect it to staff service, after i explaining so long to the staff, and the staff say, do you know how to speak malay? I don't understand your malay. This was an SHOCK reply I ever got from the staff service. When I still forced myself to calm down and try to explain to him again just to solve the problem, but HE HANG UP THE PHONE WITHOUT INFORMING ME. Just in the halfway when I was trying to explain the second time to him, HE HANG UP MY PHONE??? This is the attitude how Public Bank's staff service treat customer? I'm pretty sure that my MALAY can be easily understand by other, even my Malay friend also can understand but why not the staff in Public Bank? It was so rude to the customer and I hope that you guys can solve it as fast as possible before I losing hope to Public Bank. Thank you.
Ooi sy

Jun 4, 2019

The worst public bank service and attitude I have ever seen

My parents and I have been asking the staff in a very politely way to look for the spa copy in bank record. The case just closed about 3 months not 30 years. And they take 2 months still yet to try to find.

One of the staff asked me to lie to the lawyer said the document is missing. So are you telling me public bank lose customer's important documents and probably the customer data might be leak out? Since you said the document is missed. And why are you still asked my parents to sign the form for looking the document?

And when my parents got to the office at third time, the staffs were just pushing around with very impolite and impatient way and ask my parents to deal with their managers.

Excuse me, what the shit you all are doing? Just looking for a document why need to deal with manager? If you are unhappy to help us look for the documents you can just said it at the first time but not asked us to fill in the damn application form!

Really really disappointed !
Alex99

May 3, 2019

The MOST WORST BAD BANK I NEVER EVER SAW IN MALAYSIA

Such a big bank company which have many branches located at many place but provide very super bad service. OMG THIS REALLY MAKE ME CRAZY ALL THE DAY WHEN I WANTED TO CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE. STATUS always show me telephone number are busy always in busy 365days busy non stop busy. Really challenge my temper to wait so long your call. Sometimes can call but nobody pickup! Can you improve your service or not? Can or not? It's so many times already! Hopefully can improve it. Btw such a big bank company employed the rubbish and lazier ppl do in your company really useless and waste the money.!
chanyimann

Feb 11, 2019

Delay in account opening

I would like to make a complaint on Public Bank, Menjalara, Kepong branch.

I applied to open a new company account on 11 January 2019 and until now I did not get any update on my account opening after 1 month.

Today, I called the said branch and a woman attended my call and told me that it is currently pending at Jalan Ipoh branch for my introducer confirmation. She then asked me to call my introducer to call the branch to confirm. I refused to do so as this is their job to follow up and basically she is asking the customer to follow up on our own.
Cheng579

Jan 16, 2019

Western Union Service

16.1.2019, 10.30am

Failed on Western Union Transaction Money Transffered from United Kingdom, Publc Bank Staffs asked about order invoice, i really don't know of what kind of invoice public bank staff request, normally western union service transaction is only asking about the tracking number (MTCH). and sender information (name and address) and receiver name and i.c no. I have customer or sender information and i just realised the western union transaction is failed, i think public bank better dont provide western union service if receiver cannot get money from the public bank in malaysia with the normal information provided.
Lowpenny

Dec 26, 2018

Unprofessional staff service

26/12/2018 I going to public bank kampar Perak with my mom, I need to make a complaint the bad service of the staff. (26/12/2018. Counter 3 -Malay lady 11.48am)... My mom is old lady, I heard that Malay lady staff tell another staff "hate to help Chinese old people to do things". Is this unprofessional service Public bank given to the customers ?? Not the counter set to help that customers that needy help?? I hope public bank pls kindly take action and deal this problem. Because
not the first time that Malay lady staff show unprofessional service. Thanks.
Vivianlim

Dec 10, 2018

Service

Today I went to Kuala Pilah branch. Madam Lee didn't greeted us at all and her computer was not ready for service. We wanted assistance on online matter ( Individual saving with joint mortgage loan ) but instead we wasted at least 25 minutes and failed to do what we asked although we offer to give our informations and filled in the forms but was rejected by her. In a nutshell, poor service by her.
ewen

Nov 28, 2018

Online Docket take forever to be restocked!

On 10 Oct2018, me and my partners selected to open up our consultancy bank account with Public Bank, thinking that they are one of the best local bank in Msia.
To-date 28 Nov, more than 1.5 months have passed, and we still have not received our Online docket to perform our online transactions. Our call repeatedly to them, only to be met with same standard answer, our Online docket is out of stock and still waiting for restock. When asked them estimated when the Docket will be delivered, same standard answer, maybe a week, and this a week answer has so far dragged for 1.5 months, is this even acceptable??

Is it really so tough to do a Docket restocking? Do you know without the Online docket, what kind of inconveniences you are putting your client to? We are totally unable to check transaction on our accounts, unable to verify if any incoming funds put in by our customers!!

Tried calling the branch, and there is somehow only ONE person in charge who could assist me and that Person in charge is always busy. Left message to return call, but more than 24 hours, no return call at all!!

Really regretted opening up our bank account with Public Bank. I have also just written in to Public Bank customer service to complain on this matter, not sure if i will even get a reply from them!!
Navaneethan Thrumiaya

Nov 1, 2018

Public Bank employee used inappropriate word

Branch : Jalan Dato Maharajalela
City : Ipoh
State : Perak
Received Call From : 05-540 0936
Staff Name : Roslan
Supervisor : Mr. Goh

Mr Roslan called me from 05-540 0936 on 1st Nov 2018 at 4:11pm regarding my hire purchase due.
I failed to answer the call and than i return the call at 4:12pm(same day).

After i addressed my self and he told me that i did not made the payment and he claimed that he checked the system 5 min ago before he called me at 4:11pm(1st Nov 2018).

I made my payment exactly on 1st Nov 2018 at 12:10pm to 12:30pm thru PBE which is RM 527 and another payment same day thru E-Standing instruction, so basically i made 2 payments for Oct 2018 and Nov 2018(to avoid any unnecessary dues).

This part really made me to pissed off, then i asked him to check again while i was waiting on the phone.
then he told yes there was 2 payments. i asked him not to call me again on the dues as i know how to pay and when to pay it's my load and i does't need a reminder. I hate such reminders as i'm not a bad paymaster. I got no history of over due even 1 month in my entire life.

End of the call he said Thank You and whispered out this word *ass hole*.
I called the same number again and looked for this idiot then again he claimed that he never used such word.
On the 2nd call he being so sarcastic with me.

This is how your customer service employees talks to your customer ? This is the respect that we get from your employees ?
Is Public Bank trained such idiots to talk like this with their customers ?
He spoiled my day and my mood. better public bank take an action on him.

From,
Navanithan
010-2116589
Cheeky

Oct 15, 2018

Date 15/10/18

Public bank, taman Bandaraya, Bukit Mertajam. Penang

I went to the bank for fd placement and opening saving account.

Was informed need pay slip. Went 2nd time to bank with photocopied pay slip.

Was informed by counter staff, cannot proceed cos the photocopied pay slip need to stamped and certified.

After much argument, finally allowed to proceed with banking matters.

I just need to open a saving account so that I can place fd of 2000,000.00

Why it is so hard to to doing banking with your bank.
They make me felt like I was doing something illegal.
Such horrendous experience with your bank.

Chin Lye Chee
############

Cheeky

Oct 15, 2018

Date 15/10/18

Public bank, taman Bandaraya, Bukit Mertajam. Penang

I went to the bank for fd placement and opening saving account.

Was informed need pay slip. Went 2nd time to bank with photocopied pay slip.

After much argument, finally allowed to proceed with banking matters.

I just need to open a saving account so that I can place fd of 2000,000.00

Why it is so hard to to doing banking with your bank.
They make me felt like I was doing something illegal.
Such horrendous experience with your bank.

Tamarind

Sep 1, 2018

Public Bank employee unethical behaviour

To : Encik Razali Yassin

This is to get to your attention about a PBB employee name Low Vincent from OUG Branch who has repeatedly selling Affin Hwang - Select Income Fund and Affin Hwang - Select Dividend Fund to PBB existing clients without you or Public Bank’s knowledge. Low has been successfully turning OUG’s loyal customers to switch or buy the mentioned trust funds for his own personal advantage. Low has also conveniently managing all this other trust funds under his spouse name Khor S Yee. Low’s action is very unprofessional and unethical.

Tamarind

Aug 31, 2018

PBB Bank Employee Unethical Behaviour

To : Encik Razali Yassin

This is to get to your attention about a PBB employee name Low Vincent from OUG branch who has repeatedly selling Affin Hwang - Select Income Fund and Affin Hwang - Select Dividend Fund to Public Bank’s existing clients from OUG branch. Low has been successfully converting the OUG’s loyal customers to switch or buy the above mentioned trust funds for his own personal advantage. And, Low conveniently has been managing all this other trust funds under his spouse name Khor S Yee. Low’s action is very unprofessional and unethical.
CatherineChong

Jul 31, 2018

Poor Customer Service

Dear Public Bank,

We have do few internet transfer from our branches to branch yesterday afternoon, the transactions status has show out approved, but the branches account are didn't credited and debited yet also until now. We are the authorized person and we are calling to ask about the problems, but your staff was said that because we are not the account holder so we have no right to know about the issue. Since the account holder is boss and we have been do the procedure at bank and approved to be authorize person, if very time when have issue coming also need the account holder to soft problems by self, then what the authorize person for?

Jul 23, 2018

Mortgage Loan

Poor service from Public Bank Jalan Sultan Sulaiman. The mortgage loan officer didn't handle my mortgage properly, delay in replying me and demand for payment where bank suppose to debit my account last year. There is no accountability at all. The branch manager took over my account, however he is extremely slow. Gave me all sorts of excuses why he cannot provide statement to prove that handling fee was not being debited last year. When I gave him the approval to proceed debit my account, there is no reply/ response from him for 2 weeks. I have to constantly follow up with the bank.
Miss B

Jul 9, 2018

The staff not professional

One of your staff was not professional at all. She make use of her position to approach the client and intervene into the client's relationship. Is this your company's code of conduct?
Miss B

Jul 9, 2018

The staff not professional

One of your staff (Ms. Sng) is not professional at all. She make use of her position while working in the your bank to approach the client and intervene into the client's relationship. Is it this your company's code of conduct?
Yee

Mar 21, 2018

Issuing of credit card

I have gotten a SMS written that my PBB credit card is approved and will be deliver in 3 working days.
My concern, I did not apply for any credit card from PBB bank. Please do not issue credit card to customer without any consent. It is unethical!
Is this the code of ethic that your personnel are holding?
venu5203

Mar 2, 2018

Oh my Tamil

Please remove these sign board with a crippled Tamil. Thank you for your effort and importance given to Tamil language.
venu5203

Mar 2, 2018

Oh my Tamil

Thank you for your sincere effort to put Tamil writings at your bank premises. Somehow i find this writing in Tamil is wrong.

Please correct the mistake. Or please remove this signboard in all your premises nationwide as it bring disgrace and being a laughing stock by the Tamil lovers. Thank you.
Lily Sia

Feb 21, 2018

Poor Customer Services

Dear Public Bank,

I have bad experience in opening saving account in the PBB in Tangkak branch.
My friend (Malaysian citizens) wanted to open a new saving account, we took a number (3068) and waiting from 1:30pm until 4:15pm at counter 8 on 19/02/2018, Monday. After waiting for few hours, the PB staff refused to process open saving account due to;
1. My friend who working in Singapore and request Income Tax Statement.
2. My friend IC addresses location at Perak and she asked us go to Perak open saving account.

According to PB website for ease of opening saving account individuals with an initial deposit of just RM20, are this really ease and convenient?
Are there been mentioned cannot open saving account at different state?
Are there been mentioned any documentation is require when open new saving account??
I thought is only need to provide IC and deposit.
Lily Sia

Feb 21, 2018

Poor Customer Services

Dear Public Bank,

I have bad experience in opening saving account in the PBB in Tangkak branch.
1. My friend who working in Singapore and request Income Tax Statement.
2. My friend IC address location at Perak and she asked us go to Perak open saving account.

Are there been mentioned cannot open saving account at different state?
I thought is only need to provide IC and deposit.
kk5

Dec 8, 2017

Change of address

Hello, manager in Jinjang. I'm quite disappointed on changing my home address only and I have waited for more than two hours for just 10 people in queue. I was thinking on changing it personally online, but there is no online option for me to change it. How frustrated I'm waiting for the one and only customer service people in the front line. Other bank are doing it online, why public bank still didn't do it? Also, what is the use of using the social media when there is nobody respond it? I just like waiting in a government hospital instead, when Public Bank is a private company.

Hope you can deal with this problem!
LiliYee

Nov 15, 2017

Greatly dissapointed

We just had the most unpleasant experience in one of your branch at Taman Muda, Ampang. My mother and I were there ( 15th NOV ) to withdraw our money since the FD has expired, and we requested for a banker's cheque. To our surprise when we were told by the teller that the bank no longer issue these cheques. She asked us to a direct transfer instead. Due to personal reasons, we prefer a banker's cheque and we told the teller very clearly on this. To cut the story short, the teller told us to come back again another day with the relevant bank's details so that they can do the transfer. Not knowing any better we agree to do so even though that means :
1. I have to take leave again ( most probably next week ) from my daily tasks and make another trip to my mother's place since we do not live in the same area
2. My mother is already 82 years old and and mobility is of a concern
3. Loss of interest earned on those lost days.

We came out of PBB and continued our errands in other banks, and my request for a banker's cheque was issued with no question asked. Naturally, we made our way back to PBB again to seek clarification. Even with that banker's cheque at hand, we still get a resounding NO from the Branch Manager.. I asked him if ABC bank can do it why not Public Bank? His reply was, "That is ABC bank and this is Public Bank". To say I was angry at that moment was an understatement.

I might have gotten the Banker's cheque in the end but it has truly scarred my experience with PBB.

LL

Flipkart.com - Fool making Mobile Exchange policy
    Flipkart is just a shit. I feel bad to say, It's a...
    Roadster Shoes - Quality of Shoes
    I bought this shoes one month back because I trusted the...
    Eureka Forbes - In response to your complaint
    Dear Alok, As I haven't received your details,...
    TATA Cilq - product delivery delaied by 4 to 5 days
    I purchased Voltas 2 Ton inverter AC product through TATA...
    Amazon Standing Instru - Amazon fraud
    ALERT:Rs.999.00 spent via CREDIT Card xx3744 at...
    fake sms - Got a Text from Unknown Unique Number 075757
    I don't know whether it is True Or Fake But i request...
    Videocon D2H - Unable to see subscribe pack
    Dear Ajay, We apologize for the inconvenience. We have...
    UGC scholarship - Don't display my previous pending payments
    sir, .i am the recipient of UGC OBC scholarship .i have...
    punjab state electricity board, kharar - elecricity cut
    Here is power cut since 12 pm and patients get in problem...
    E Disha Karnal - RC NOT RECEIVED ( paayment deduted )
    I HAVE ALREADY MAIL BUT NOT BE SOLUTION MY ACCOUNT ...