PUBLIC BANK MALAYSIA

Consumer complaints and reviews about PUBLIC BANK MALAYSIA

chanyimann

Feb 11, 2019

Delay in account opening

I would like to make a complaint on Public Bank, Menjalara, Kepong branch.

I applied to open a new company account on 11 January 2019 and until now I did not get any update on my account opening after 1 month.

Today, I called the said branch and a woman attended my call and told me that it is currently pending at Jalan Ipoh branch for my introducer confirmation. She then asked me to call my introducer to call the branch to confirm. I refused to do so as this is their job to follow up and basically she is asking the customer to follow up on our own.
Cheng579

Jan 16, 2019

Western Union Service

16.1.2019, 10.30am

Failed on Western Union Transaction Money Transffered from United Kingdom, Publc Bank Staffs asked about order invoice, i really don't know of what kind of invoice public bank staff request, normally western union service transaction is only asking about the tracking number (MTCH). and sender information (name and address) and receiver name and i.c no. I have customer or sender information and i just realised the western union transaction is failed, i think public bank better dont provide western union service if receiver cannot get money from the public bank in malaysia with the normal information provided.
Lowpenny

Dec 26, 2018

Unprofessional staff service

26/12/2018 I going to public bank kampar Perak with my mom, I need to make a complaint the bad service of the staff. (26/12/2018. Counter 3 -Malay lady 11.48am)... My mom is old lady, I heard that Malay lady staff tell another staff "hate to help Chinese old people to do things". Is this unprofessional service Public bank given to the customers ?? Not the counter set to help that customers that needy help?? I hope public bank pls kindly take action and deal this problem. Because
not the first time that Malay lady staff show unprofessional service. Thanks.
Vivianlim

Dec 10, 2018

Service

Today I went to Kuala Pilah branch. Madam Lee didn't greeted us at all and her computer was not ready for service. We wanted assistance on online matter ( Individual saving with joint mortgage loan ) but instead we wasted at least 25 minutes and failed to do what we asked although we offer to give our informations and filled in the forms but was rejected by her. In a nutshell, poor service by her.
ewen

Nov 28, 2018

Online Docket take forever to be restocked!

On 10 Oct2018, me and my partners selected to open up our consultancy bank account with Public Bank, thinking that they are one of the best local bank in Msia.
To-date 28 Nov, more than 1.5 months have passed, and we still have not received our Online docket to perform our online transactions. Our call repeatedly to them, only to be met with same standard answer, our Online docket is out of stock and still waiting for restock. When asked them estimated when the Docket will be delivered, same standard answer, maybe a week, and this a week answer has so far dragged for 1.5 months, is this even acceptable??

Is it really so tough to do a Docket restocking? Do you know without the Online docket, what kind of inconveniences you are putting your client to? We are totally unable to check transaction on our accounts, unable to verify if any incoming funds put in by our customers!!

Tried calling the branch, and there is somehow only ONE person in charge who could assist me and that Person in charge is always busy. Left message to return call, but more than 24 hours, no return call at all!!

Really regretted opening up our bank account with Public Bank. I have also just written in to Public Bank customer service to complain on this matter, not sure if i will even get a reply from them!!
Navaneethan Thrumiaya

Nov 1, 2018

Public Bank employee used inappropriate word

Branch : Jalan Dato Maharajalela
City : Ipoh
State : Perak
Received Call From : 05-540 0936
Staff Name : Roslan
Supervisor : Mr. Goh

Mr Roslan called me from 05-540 0936 on 1st Nov 2018 at 4:11pm regarding my hire purchase due.
I failed to answer the call and than i return the call at 4:12pm(same day).

After i addressed my self and he told me that i did not made the payment and he claimed that he checked the system 5 min ago before he called me at 4:11pm(1st Nov 2018).

I made my payment exactly on 1st Nov 2018 at 12:10pm to 12:30pm thru PBE which is RM 527 and another payment same day thru E-Standing instruction, so basically i made 2 payments for Oct 2018 and Nov 2018(to avoid any unnecessary dues).

This part really made me to pissed off, then i asked him to check again while i was waiting on the phone.
then he told yes there was 2 payments. i asked him not to call me again on the dues as i know how to pay and when to pay it's my load and i does't need a reminder. I hate such reminders as i'm not a bad paymaster. I got no history of over due even 1 month in my entire life.

End of the call he said Thank You and whispered out this word *ass hole*.
I called the same number again and looked for this idiot then again he claimed that he never used such word.
On the 2nd call he being so sarcastic with me.

This is how your customer service employees talks to your customer ? This is the respect that we get from your employees ?
Is Public Bank trained such idiots to talk like this with their customers ?
He spoiled my day and my mood. better public bank take an action on him.

From,
Navanithan
010-2116589
Cheeky

Oct 15, 2018

Date 15/10/18

Public bank, taman Bandaraya, Bukit Mertajam. Penang

I went to the bank for fd placement and opening saving account.

Was informed need pay slip. Went 2nd time to bank with photocopied pay slip.

Was informed by counter staff, cannot proceed cos the photocopied pay slip need to stamped and certified.

After much argument, finally allowed to proceed with banking matters.

I just need to open a saving account so that I can place fd of 2000,000.00

Why it is so hard to to doing banking with your bank.
They make me felt like I was doing something illegal.
Such horrendous experience with your bank.

Chin Lye Chee
############

Cheeky

Oct 15, 2018

Date 15/10/18

Public bank, taman Bandaraya, Bukit Mertajam. Penang

I went to the bank for fd placement and opening saving account.

Was informed need pay slip. Went 2nd time to bank with photocopied pay slip.

After much argument, finally allowed to proceed with banking matters.

I just need to open a saving account so that I can place fd of 2000,000.00

Why it is so hard to to doing banking with your bank.
They make me felt like I was doing something illegal.
Such horrendous experience with your bank.

Tamarind

Sep 1, 2018

Public Bank employee unethical behaviour

To : Encik Razali Yassin

This is to get to your attention about a PBB employee name Low Vincent from OUG Branch who has repeatedly selling Affin Hwang - Select Income Fund and Affin Hwang - Select Dividend Fund to PBB existing clients without you or Public Bank’s knowledge. Low has been successfully turning OUG’s loyal customers to switch or buy the mentioned trust funds for his own personal advantage. Low has also conveniently managing all this other trust funds under his spouse name Khor S Yee. Low’s action is very unprofessional and unethical.

Tamarind

Aug 31, 2018

PBB Bank Employee Unethical Behaviour

To : Encik Razali Yassin

This is to get to your attention about a PBB employee name Low Vincent from OUG branch who has repeatedly selling Affin Hwang - Select Income Fund and Affin Hwang - Select Dividend Fund to Public Bank’s existing clients from OUG branch. Low has been successfully converting the OUG’s loyal customers to switch or buy the above mentioned trust funds for his own personal advantage. And, Low conveniently has been managing all this other trust funds under his spouse name Khor S Yee. Low’s action is very unprofessional and unethical.
CatherineChong

Jul 31, 2018

Poor Customer Service

Dear Public Bank,

We have do few internet transfer from our branches to branch yesterday afternoon, the transactions status has show out approved, but the branches account are didn't credited and debited yet also until now. We are the authorized person and we are calling to ask about the problems, but your staff was said that because we are not the account holder so we have no right to know about the issue. Since the account holder is boss and we have been do the procedure at bank and approved to be authorize person, if very time when have issue coming also need the account holder to soft problems by self, then what the authorize person for?

Jul 23, 2018

Mortgage Loan

Poor service from Public Bank Jalan Sultan Sulaiman. The mortgage loan officer didn't handle my mortgage properly, delay in replying me and demand for payment where bank suppose to debit my account last year. There is no accountability at all. The branch manager took over my account, however he is extremely slow. Gave me all sorts of excuses why he cannot provide statement to prove that handling fee was not being debited last year. When I gave him the approval to proceed debit my account, there is no reply/ response from him for 2 weeks. I have to constantly follow up with the bank.
Miss B

Jul 9, 2018

The staff not professional

One of your staff was not professional at all. She make use of her position to approach the client and intervene into the client's relationship. Is this your company's code of conduct?
Miss B

Jul 9, 2018

The staff not professional

One of your staff (Ms. Sng) is not professional at all. She make use of her position while working in the your bank to approach the client and intervene into the client's relationship. Is it this your company's code of conduct?
Yee

Mar 21, 2018

Issuing of credit card

I have gotten a SMS written that my PBB credit card is approved and will be deliver in 3 working days.
My concern, I did not apply for any credit card from PBB bank. Please do not issue credit card to customer without any consent. It is unethical!
Is this the code of ethic that your personnel are holding?
venu5203

Mar 2, 2018

Oh my Tamil

Please remove these sign board with a crippled Tamil. Thank you for your effort and importance given to Tamil language.
venu5203

Mar 2, 2018

Oh my Tamil

Thank you for your sincere effort to put Tamil writings at your bank premises. Somehow i find this writing in Tamil is wrong.

Please correct the mistake. Or please remove this signboard in all your premises nationwide as it bring disgrace and being a laughing stock by the Tamil lovers. Thank you.
Lily Sia

Feb 21, 2018

Poor Customer Services

Dear Public Bank,

I have bad experience in opening saving account in the PBB in Tangkak branch.
My friend (Malaysian citizens) wanted to open a new saving account, we took a number (3068) and waiting from 1:30pm until 4:15pm at counter 8 on 19/02/2018, Monday. After waiting for few hours, the PB staff refused to process open saving account due to;
1. My friend who working in Singapore and request Income Tax Statement.
2. My friend IC addresses location at Perak and she asked us go to Perak open saving account.

According to PB website for ease of opening saving account individuals with an initial deposit of just RM20, are this really ease and convenient?
Are there been mentioned cannot open saving account at different state?
Are there been mentioned any documentation is require when open new saving account??
I thought is only need to provide IC and deposit.
Lily Sia

Feb 21, 2018

Poor Customer Services

Dear Public Bank,

I have bad experience in opening saving account in the PBB in Tangkak branch.
1. My friend who working in Singapore and request Income Tax Statement.
2. My friend IC address location at Perak and she asked us go to Perak open saving account.

Are there been mentioned cannot open saving account at different state?
I thought is only need to provide IC and deposit.
kk5

Dec 8, 2017

Change of address

Hello, manager in Jinjang. I'm quite disappointed on changing my home address only and I have waited for more than two hours for just 10 people in queue. I was thinking on changing it personally online, but there is no online option for me to change it. How frustrated I'm waiting for the one and only customer service people in the front line. Other bank are doing it online, why public bank still didn't do it? Also, what is the use of using the social media when there is nobody respond it? I just like waiting in a government hospital instead, when Public Bank is a private company.

Hope you can deal with this problem!
LiliYee

Nov 15, 2017

Greatly dissapointed

We just had the most unpleasant experience in one of your branch at Taman Muda, Ampang. My mother and I were there ( 15th NOV ) to withdraw our money since the FD has expired, and we requested for a banker's cheque. To our surprise when we were told by the teller that the bank no longer issue these cheques. She asked us to a direct transfer instead. Due to personal reasons, we prefer a banker's cheque and we told the teller very clearly on this. To cut the story short, the teller told us to come back again another day with the relevant bank's details so that they can do the transfer. Not knowing any better we agree to do so even though that means :
1. I have to take leave again ( most probably next week ) from my daily tasks and make another trip to my mother's place since we do not live in the same area
2. My mother is already 82 years old and and mobility is of a concern
3. Loss of interest earned on those lost days.

We came out of PBB and continued our errands in other banks, and my request for a banker's cheque was issued with no question asked. Naturally, we made our way back to PBB again to seek clarification. Even with that banker's cheque at hand, we still get a resounding NO from the Branch Manager.. I asked him if ABC bank can do it why not Public Bank? His reply was, "That is ABC bank and this is Public Bank". To say I was angry at that moment was an understatement.

I might have gotten the Banker's cheque in the end but it has truly scarred my experience with PBB.

LL
Lendingclub

Nov 9, 2017

Lending Club

-------------------------Lending Club------------------------------

We're not a bank. Instead, we connect borrowers with investors through our online marketplace.
We offer personal and business loans through any known credible bank of your choice anywhere in the world.
Loans and lines of credit from $10,000 – $3,000,000 for businesses with at least $75,000 in annual sales and 24 months in business.

We also provide affordable disaster loans to homeowners and renters for their uninsured or underinsured disaster losses. Bad or Good credit, makes no difference to us. 95% of applications are approved within 48 Hours. To apply, Contact us today for easy qualifying business, personal and disaster loans.

Get all your capital up front, 1-5 year terms.
Fixed monthly payments, no prepayment penalties.
Great for a large one-time expense.

Questions?

Email: [email protected]
Contact Person: Shanna Rojas

Text your Client Advisor +1(514)651-4662 M-F / 6:30am-7:00pm
raven88

Nov 7, 2017

Very poor and rude customer service

The customer service counter (counter 12) is excruciatingly slow. Only 1 person attends to a queue of customers during lunch hour.Lunch hour is the peak period for busy working professionals to do their banking so this counter should be well-manned by bank staff. It took PBB more than 1 hour to service only 7 customers.I took a number (3027) at 12.24 and only got serviced at 1.30p.m.(when I took the number the counter was then servicing 3020.
After signing the necessary documentation for my banking purpose I was then told to just go up to counter 8 to pay stamp duty of RM10. There was someone in the queue so I waited. When the guy in front me had finished his banking I told the staff at counter 8 that I need to pay the stamp duty fee. She then pointed to next counter and said go there. So I went to next counter and repeated my request. The staff at that counter then just took my forms and RM10 note and curtly said to me "Ok done". No receipt was given to me even after I went back to ask. I find this very rude.
For goodness sake please train your staff to be courteous and also change the way you treat customers. Don't call it customer service when it is a disservice.
lethcumi Batemmale

Oct 27, 2017

About offline western union

Hi good afternoon... I need here to complaint about western union offline.. Everytime I step into public bank..i went to counter and ask about western union " is it online or offline" but everytime they say is offline.. How come is everytime like this... I feel so angry and left out of public bank.. I need a complaint a Taman Putra Ampang Branch..
I hope u figure out this problem.. Thank u..
kimily

Oct 26, 2017

Delay of My Redemption Statement

I sold my house and sign the S&P Agreement with my purchaser on 15 May 2017, because of the delay of the redemption statement from Public Bank Rasah Branch the whole process only can settled on 26 September 2017. Before we receive the redemption statement the purchaser's lawyer and the purchaser's bank cannot pay me for the loan sum, differential sum and balance sum.

My lawyer office have helped me courier a Redemption Statement Requisition Letter to Public Bank Rasah Branch on 31 May 2017, but I need to wait until 7 July 2017 only Public Bank Rasah Branch send out the Redemption Statement to us, by that time I receive the statement already 10 July 2017. Before we receive the redemption statement myself and my lawyer office have called and chase Public Bank Rasah Branch to process fast but the officer in charge said her boss not around no body sign, boss on leave (for few working days) ... we need to call many times and waiting for the person in charge to speak to us is really difficult also.

It took more than 5 weeks to generate my redemption statement and in my S&P with my purchaser to deliver my Redemption Statement to them is within 14 days.

Before I write in this complaint I actually already went to Public Bank Rasah Branch to see the Branch Manager on 6 October 2017. He just told me he need to find out with his staff then after few days i contact him to know about his clarification with his staff, he just apologized to me about the delay. But because of the delay I have lost my interest on my balance sum, according of the standard S&P agreement, it's 8% per annum. As a bank you should know the interest was calculated every day. As a customer when we make our loan repayment late bank will charge us interest and inccur some penalties, but how about if bank late ? Is it just an apology will do ?

After I went to Public Bank Rasah Branch then I have sent email to the customer service manager and loans development department. But they at first advise me to refer to Rasah Branch again then I replied them i did went to Rasah Branch I tried to consult them what are the following thing need to do they just ignore my message. Because of this case I actually have went to Rasah Branch many times. They can't do anything/ responsible anything to me for their delay of my redemption statement. At last myself found this Complaint Board of Public Bank from websites. Before I proceed to Bank Negera I hope Public Bank can explain and compensate to me for the delay of my redemption statement.

HDFC Credit Card - Address Verification
    Dear Sir, I had apply for HDFC Credit Card (Application...
    Videocon D2H - Worst Service
    Dear Harry, We apologize for the inconvenience. We have...
    NSDL - PAN Correction
    I HAD APPLIED FOR PAN CORRECTION THROUGH EKYC ESIGN, MY...
    Jio - Jio recharge failed. Money has been deducted
    During a Jio recharge of ₹399 on my Jio number through...
    Customers [email protected] - Refund Finance Charges
    I have done the 98,000 transaction with my credit card on...
    Grassroots Academy - Grassroots Academy
    Grassroots Academy is India's top coaching for MSc...
    PAN NSDL - temporary token number not received on my mobile
    I have paid for the E-Sign verification through net...
    The GHMC commissioner,
 hyderabd - illegal construction in Huda park
 The GHMC commissioner,
I...
    JIO Prime Recharge - Recharge failed and money has been deducted
    During a Jio recharge of ₹399 by Gpay on my Jio number...