RAK BANK

Consumer complaints and reviews about RAK BANK

Kwinsam8

Jan 11, 2019

Credit card

I applied for the FCBarcelona credit card some time in mid October. By October 31st 2018 I received an email saying that the card has been approved. And around 2 days later some of their representatives came and picked up all the documents and made me sign on a security check.
There after no contact was made from the bank. I called the customer service a few times and they said that the card is under process. Yesterday, 10th Jan 2019 I gave them a call and they said that my card has been declined. No specific reason was given.
The customer care doesn't even give a contact person for further enquiries. They say that there is no use. They can't help and they won't direct me to someone who can help.
I haven't even received an email saying that the card has been declined.
Very disappointed with RAK bank and their customer service.
razzak123

Feb 27, 2018

Customer service

I was very disappointed with customer service of Rak Bank of Burjman Branch.. I have Started A Account in Rak Bank in 2015..In 2017 I go to my country & cannot came to UAE Tat year...Recently I came in UAE and I start job with another company..And I visit Rak Bank branch To update my new visa Status.. But the customer service Lady who talk with me,, she told we cannot active your account now but don’t give me any reason., I am fully confused for what active my account.. When it’s already activated they only have to update my new visa status., And she also talk so rude.. very disappointed ..
roddeleon

Oct 3, 2017

Loan Re schedule

I am totally disappointed with Rakbank. i have a financial problem and i request the bank to re structure my remaining balance amount of loan but the bank keeps declining my request.
Rak bank deducted more than 50 % of my salary and most of the time they deducted 80% monthly.
I paid regularly every month for three years but now i need to request a re structure of my remaining loan to support my family.

Totally disappointed.

shahba Ahmad

May 13, 2017

Credit Card

Dear RAK Bank,

This is get it to the notice of  someone responsible and someone who understands the problem in total clarity.

I applied for RAK bank RED CREDIT CARD a month ago, everything was smooth and all my documents were duly filled and submitted. I received the card on 6th of May.
Post that as required I started the activation process, I sent the required SMS and retained the 6 digit code. Thereon, I called the customer care (600544049) for completing the procedure and activate my card.
But my small mistake lead me pay a lot.
I called using my personal number and unfortunately did not realize that it was low on balance. The call disconnected in the middle of the process. IVR reading out my PIN and the call got disconnected (To be specific).
Later, I retried and it said try half sometime, I again tried after an hour still the same.
I called the Qusais Branch and got a response that the card is now on hold.
Then I was asked to visit the branch, there an executive asked me to fill card lost form (Don’t really know why? But I didn’t)
Later, she told me to visit Mirdiff branch as my Savings account is with that branch.
Leaving my office (which as it is super tough to leave) I went to Mirdiff to resolve the issue.
There they took my documents once again (God Knows Why!!) and again asked me to fill a form, along with it they also told me that the security information in the system of your card is wrong (Mother Maiden name to be specific) This is nowhere related to card activation still I completed the demanded procedure. Post this they said once this information is updated in the system then we will call you (within 24 hours) but I did not receive any calls for 72 long hours.
I called back to ask about it. They said we ahev not received confirmation on the information update in the system and right after half an hour of my call, I received a call back with the confirmation (isn’t it fishy?)
After this, I was asked to again send an activation message and receive the 6 digit code (Back to square 1), and complete the process from the beginning considering it as a fresh start.
I took a sigh of relief, but no RAK bank seems to have personal issues with me, I tried sending the SMS but it says Sorry  we are not able to process.
I called the customer care again, and they said my verification is not correct and thus they cannot complete the process. This cycle repeated for more than 3 times and now am sick of it.

Now I just have a humble and polite final request, kindly complete the process in 2 working days or else return my documents, I will be more than happy to get an ADCB Simply Life Card without any hassle and  with At My Doorstep service.
I hope am clear and I HOPE my words don’t fall on deaf ears.

Extremely Dissatisfied.
Card Owner: Shahbaz Ahmad
Card Number: ############ 6006
Mobile : +971 55 8905411

Awaiting a quick (super quick response) at earliest.
Mubashir ahmad

Feb 3, 2017

Atm card captured

Respected sir me Mubashir ahmad due to i forgot my mobile banking password i try so many times wrong password and then when i used my atm card that pin number i know but my card is not working due to that i try 3 times and my card was captured today on 3rd February but due to my flight today in night i will not come to Bank in next 10 days when i m back i will contact you plz this is only information from my side to you.
mohsan

Jul 12, 2015

Debit card

hi dear sirs,

i just wanna explain that my debit card was captured in machine on 26 Jun so i went in bank & received my card.when i received the e statement on next month an amount of 9000 AED was deduct from my balance on same time when my card was captured but i didn't received any amount.so i asked in my bank there they told me this amount will returns back in 40 working days.but still at 12 july i didnt receieved any thing back.regards
fauziakachhi

Jan 9, 2015

creditcard

I am Fauzia Kachhi..I have a creditcard with RAK Bank.I lost my job in Dec2014 and had approached the bank personally for the closure.I had submitted my end of term contract and all other documents with them,I had explained that my finance goes through Barclays and that I am closing my loan and the credit card with them by paying the balance in cash after the end of term benefits.
I am a single mother and i wished to get out of Dubai clear.However the RAK customer service is the worst I have ever come across.Neither did they show any professionalism or concern in my case and disregarded the urgency of the matter.I repeatedly requested them to give me a final amount and if they could waive of any overhead charges and penalties and give me clearance with minimum possible amount.
Ten various executives from RAK gave me hundred options and sent me in circles and it was all in vain.I got so pissed off and frustrated by the endless chase trying to explain that I wanted to leave Dubai on clear grounds-but no one cared.
I returned to India on 15-12-2014 giving up on this matter and making a wrong decision of leaving this RAK creditcard unattended to.
Here in India i got busy with my divorce and settlement and everything else took a backseat.
I am sure one might wonder why did I wake up now?Why did i care to talk about RAK almost after an year?
It may surprise you that i have been trying to contact RAK customercare on inetrnational calls since Nov,talking to Sachin,Mohamed and hundred different executive on the phone who threaten me with arrogance to make me pay their minimum due of xyz amount.I had made a mistake of depositing 4000AED once but all that went down penalties and some nonsense charges and my principle amount kept thriving uptil date.
I made a promise that i wont ever pay RAK threatened by some Mubina or Mona or Kris who takes my calls or threatens me with rubbish.
I WANT TO MAKE MYSELF VERY CLEAR...that RAK bank unprofessionalism and pathetic headless service has cost me a lot and theres no way I am going to paying a penny more.
However I still am a true muslim and i will not do Haraam.So what I owe, I am more than happy to pay it back.
I am fully aware that I have used like 6000 or 7000AED from the card and if RAK agrees for a decent closure I am up for it.
I regret the delay and really hope that a suitable manager is given this task for my closure please.
I am available on my mail- [email protected]
Credit card-################
Iqubalkhan turk

Jun 5, 2014

Credit Card statement by email

I am titanium master credit card holder from RAK Bank in the month of March 2014 I had submits written request through King Faisal branch Sharjah that I must get my credit card statement by email. Still I am receiving statement by POST which is making me upset and uncomfortable I always make payment before due date, since I am traveling frequently For long time out side of country I am unable to see the post in time may be will delay in making payment. What should I do if Bank may charge let payment fee or interest. Why should I pay these.

Mar 27, 2011

EXCESS MONEY

Sir, please, take action the above complient and sent me the D.D. AT NEW ADDRESS,
MR.SHAJI.N.K
PO:BOX:1822.
CONT :055-1780504
050-8821870

Apr 10, 2011

Credit Card Installments

Hello

I have to pay around 11000 AED to RAK Bank Credit Card, which i am unable to pay at once, so i would like to go for a easy installment plan for the payment.

I called the RAK Bank CC but they said that we dont have any such service where we can convert the CC amount to monthly installment plan.

Can any of you guys will help me doing so? because i am sure that there must be some way to make the payment process easier.

Do let me know

Mohammed Naved

Mar 27, 2011

EXCESS MONEY

SIR,MY CARD NO IS, 5124 ############ I DONE EXCESS PAYMENT 4820.75
AND 500DHS LEAGAL CHARGE YOU TAKE .BALANCE 4320.75.ON DD 13th MARCH 2011.SIR I CONFERM MY POST BOX NO;10658 WAS CHANGED TO NEW POST BOX NO1822.I HAD INTIMATED EARLIER TO THE BANK.INSPITE OF THIS DD WAS SEND TO ME OLD POST BOX NO 10658 WAS ALREADY CANCELLED ON 2009.I HUMBLY REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE SEND ME THE DD IN MY BELOW MENTIONED NEW ADDRESS
MR.SHAJI.N.K.
POBOX: 1822.
CONT: NO: 055-1780504
050- 8821870
FUJAIRAH .U.A.E.
PLEASE SEND BY CORRIER

HDFC BANK Chennai - Without informing deduction charges
    Dear Customer, I request you to share your complete...
    [email protected] - Kiva franchise loan company
    Totally which ever mail used by kova franchise loan...
    Airtel - REFUND CASH
    SIR THIS IS FOR YOUR KIND INFORMATION THAT DUE TO...
    Bharti friendship clob - Paisa like kam nahi deta
    Paisa like 420 karta haiy. Mo number 99910 16617
    SCHOLARSHIP.UP.NIC.IN - Suspect Reason:- * UP board Inter Roll Number not matched...
    Respected Sir, I am a student of DELED 1st year (18-19)...
    Utsonmobile website - 100 rs is not credited after recharge R wallet
    Money deducted from bank but not credited in my...
    LG India - Refrigerator
    Dear Customer (Md Tahsin), We regret the inconvenience...
    SBI - WRONG ENTRY MIGRATION
    Dear sir, i have opened a ppf account no. 01P00902818 on...