RCS

South Africa

Consumer complaints and reviews about RCS

akelyvr46

May 20, 2019

Impossible to close account

I have been trying to close my rcs account for almost two months and no one is helping nor caring at all. On March 29, 2019 I tried calling rcs to close my account. After 15 min of waiting on the phone I decided to send an email. A day later I received a response from contactus. They requested closures to assist with closing the account. In April I received a statement where a service fee was added. I email requesting an update on the closure of the account. End of the month I was debited. I emailed again requesting an update, this time adding complaints in cc. This month received another statement still no one responded nor assisted to close the account. Clearly when you pay up your account they don't give a crap about you cause it's more money for them. Worst credit provider.
Dieneo

Mar 6, 2019

Incompetent and refusal to email my transactions

It'sis going into second year since I have been asking to get my statements. Towards end of year 2017 I bought a hair piece in foschini.I returned it but the requested for proof of payment which I lost same day as I returned my hair piece to foschini.I can't remember the exact month.I have requested for proof of payment through RCS to this day I haven't. I need to also get statements to see what is happening on my account because I cannot understand why I still owe this much money.The last time I requested for the statement was this Monday 4 March 2019.To top it up the rude consultants.It is so uncalled for.What happened to consumer rights.Please email me my statements from June 2017 to this day.Stop being lazy and incompetent. Respect the request of your client because if it was not for your clients, you wouldn't have this business.My boss wanted to use RCS and I told her about all this drama that I'm faced with.Imagine how many clients have you lost because of 1 complaint. If you cannot send all this statements send me statement from foschini for I'm still waiting for my refund.The purchase was made in 2017.I need statements then from March 2018 to march 2019.Remember consumer rights. My email address is [email protected] name is Patricia
Msteyn

Jan 11, 2019

Trying to close my account

I have settled my RCS account in April 2018, from then i have tried to close this account without any luck in the meanwhile my
Credit record is in compromise. Can this accout finally be closed and can RCS stop telling me to go and settle it again. Because i will not.

Michelle

Dec 21, 2018

Harassment

I receive a call every 30-60min, every single day, 365 days from this number 087 285 4048, belongs to RCS. I promise you, call me once again and I will go and open up a harassment case against your company at the police station. Please STOP HARNESSING me!!!!!!!!

Dec 21, 2018

Harassment

I receive a call every 30-60min every day, all day long for 365 days from this number 087 285 4048. It belongs to RCS. I warn you RCS call me once again and I will go and open a harassment case against your company at the police station.

Basjan

Nov 21, 2018

Refund

I have paid an amount into RCS account by accident, and have emailed them proof with of the transaction and asked for a refund. No response from them to state that they have received my documents etc. This is shit service from them. If you owe them money they are quick to phone you 50 a day for payment.

Nov 16, 2018

Closure of Account

I have been trying to settle and close my Game Card through RCS and with no success. There no response after emailing. Tried calling multiple times but it just rings all day.

I want to close my account with immediate effect!

Don't know how to get this account closed, its seems like a futile attempt.
Terrence Pillay

Nov 13, 2018

Claim done in September

Pathetic Service from Ayanda Giyama; management needs to call me ASAP as this claim is not finalised.

Mr M Pillay
Otlotleng

Nov 5, 2018

Customer car is so bloody useless

I have been trying to close my account. I paid the settlement amount but now I can't get hold of the department that's "responsible" to close my account. The ladies I keep on talking to can only put me through to a line that only rings the entire day.
RCS seems to be useless, costly, time wasting, and a pain when trying to close the account.
This is really irritating and I would never advice anyone to sign up with such incompetence. I regret opening an account with RCS. It's easy and quick to open the account but when you wanna close it off, it seems impossible.

RCS is only helpful when you want to get yourself into debt!!!!!
bruceleon

Aug 19, 2018

clossing my rsc account

good day
My name is bruce martin i live in Cape Town my account was hacked about 4 or 5 years in pretoria so i settled my account and since then i 've struggling to close my account i settled my account last month and i want to close it with immediate affect.PLEASE

i've tried emailing and phoning
BiancaLaGorce

Aug 19, 2018

Disgusted Customer

RCS

I recently took out an RCS (VIP Fashion Passport Account).

I received my first statement with my address on it. Apparently I live in “### LANE, Century City”. In absolutely no correspondence did I mention that this was my address. It is meant to say PARK Lane. To top it all off, as proof of address in order to open the account, my lease agreement was given. This lease agreement stated my address in full.

I do not believe this is a mistake that someone could have made. It is disgusting to think a “mistake” such as this is acceptable.

I have sent numerous emails and called - no response.

This is not okay.

Disgusted Customer

zunekkjj

Aug 13, 2018

rcs

I want my RCS (GAME) account closed immediately! I have been trying to do so since the beginning of 2018! I am fed up now!
zunekkjj

Aug 13, 2018

rcs

I have been trying to get someone from RCS (Game) to close my account, but they promise with NO results! I phoned multipal times, but end up using all my airtime while holding so that the consultant can check what is going on. Then again lots of promises are made, without these promises being kept! I do not know who to contact anymore or what to do from here on out. I hate their service! I just want my account CLOSED!
Crous

Jul 30, 2018

RCS Galaxy Account

To whom it may concern

I had a Galaxy account through RCS. I had endless hassels trying to get them to reconcile my payment, and spent hours every month sending them proof of payment. After battling for months, I eventually got a gentleman by the name of Chad at RCS who assisted me in getting my account reconcilled. I paid the account up in May 2017 and requested that my account be closed.
Chad confirmed in an email to me that the account was paid up and closed. I received a paid up letter from Galaxy RCS on the 29th of June 2017.

Two weeks ago I started receiving sms's and emails advising that my account is in arrears and I owe R769. After trying to make contact with the call centre, sending emails, sending proof of paid up letter, and advising that I have not purchased on that account, they refuse to even look at my account, and continue to harass me to no end.

I am frustrated, annoyed, at the incompetence of their staff. Everytime I request them to look at my account I get told that they will refer this to management. After a few days I get a bunch of invoices showing that my account is in arrears and over R100 interest charged for emails and sms's sent to me.

How can I get this sorted out???????? Please help Can someone please contact me 0716710262
Berenice

Jul 15, 2018

Poor Customer Service

To whom it may concern.

I am a regular RCS customer and had never problems with your services up and till this week I was so mad and frustrated!

From Thursday I try to book my flight tickets online. I register as a self server member and manage to get it right. As I book my tickets on flysafair it gives me an option to dail *120*7007#.... whenever I do that I get a message to say my card is blocked. I phone in to customer service and they notice I have a new cell phone number. I try again after they assist me and the guy said he fix it on your system. A day after that I tried again and my card was block AGAIN!

I phone customer service again and a lady assist me. She unblocked my card. I went through the same process while she was on the line and my card was blocked again. I was so frustrated because the flight tickets was R3933 at that moment. I ask her is it possible I can go in Pick n Pay and pay with my RCS card and she said no I won't be able to do it. I explain her my frustration and she said she understand but there is nothing she can do for me.

I tried again and my card was blocked. At that moment I was one of the customers that hate RCS and will never use my card and will spread the bad service I receive.

Saturday I phone and Dyllan assist me. He was so helpfull and friendly then my whole perception change again how I feel about RCS. I then fail my security test by him and he ask me to send my Identity with 3 of my signatures. Dyllan told me about selfservice which is a problem by all customers. He give me options and told me I can go in pick n Pay and pay also. It felt that moment im confuse. Why is all staff not clued up with RCS service?

I went to Pick n Pay and then paid R 5477 because the prices went up. A
R1544 I need to pay more because of RCS staff telling me it won't be possible.

I am one of your unhappy customers. I'm a customer service manager and I trained my staff to meet their customers needs first.

I have all proof of flight tickets to what the cost was and what I end up paying for.

I hope you retrain all your staff. I hope to hear from one of your managers soon

Benjaminab

Jun 25, 2018

Bad service

Im temporarily disabled..i send all my relevant documents to rcs on the [email protected]:15. I have phoned send emails and up to now nobody has come back to me. I have been paying my account on time every single but because of my line of work which is a personal trainer/pilates instructor I'm not able to earn money. I explained my financial situations and they told me to claim from the insurance that i have been paying every month. But now the assessors have not come back to me say what's happening. I have been receiving threatening messages /e-mail from the company and i know its going to affect my credit rating which i have working so hard not to mess up. THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH. I HATE THEM
Lolla

Jun 20, 2018

VERY Bad Service - Data not received

It's been more then 2 weeks now! I bought data on the RCS App on 3/06/2018, 2 X 1GB for R160 each and DID NOT received it. I have phoned several times!! I have spoken to several people!! I have mailed several times!! RCS is the first one to deduct their monthly premium when my salary is deposited, BUT NO Customer service!! I feel like the only solution will be to stop my debit order and will only started to make payments when this is sorted out. URGENT HELP PLEASE!!!!! I don't now what to do anymore and who to contact regarding this.
maria59

Jun 13, 2018

Settlement

My original loan was R33800-78 - now that I want to settle it in full after a few years, the amount is R32077-92! This is a total rip off!. How can you pay every month and there is basically no difference in the original amount??!! On 26 February 2018 the amount was R33354-93 and after 3 instalments of R1270-02 each, the settlement is R32077-92 - how is this possible??!! a total of R3810-06 was paid but only R1722-86 was actual money deducted - this doesn't make sence at all.....
Nasstasja

May 31, 2018

Debit order

Why are you deducting money via debit order from my bank account?I dont even have any accounts, cards or loans with you.
Stop it! please refund me my money back, this has been going on for too long.

Get your details and info correct before fraudulently deducting money from peoples accounts!!!
Liza1988

May 28, 2018

Closing of RCS Card a nightmare

I have been trying to close my RCS and Game card since settling this account on the 17th of May 2018. I sent an email the same day, requesting for the cards to be closed (I even emailed them my snipped card). I received no feedback on this. Then, on the 25th of May 2018, I sent the same email again. Still no feedback. I have been trying telephonically to get this sorted out since 8:00 this morning (28 May 2018) - no luck. They put you on hold the ENTIRE time. I will never do business with RCS again!!
Cmplaint18

May 21, 2018

RCS Settlement letter backdated

I requested a settlement letter from RCS on 4 May, and they sent it to me on the 7th. I paid it on the 10th which is supposed to be within the 5 day period they refer to. however it turns out on the letter they back date that 5 days to the day that you called as opposed to the day that they send you the letter and as a result I have an outstanding balance. This cannot be right, I would understand if i was late but I wasnt, the delay was from their side. I spoke to some called Zhane from their contact center he doesnt seem to care about what Im telling him.
I guess RCS is trying to make money in anyway that they can by backdating their letters so we keep paying them.
Cmplaint18

May 21, 2018

Settlement letter backdated

Nomaswazi.Mhlanga

May 15, 2018

Incorrect interest billed

I paid the settlement on my account Mid March 2018 and I was advised that the debit for the end of March was still due. At the end of March 2018. they do not debit my account and only debit my account at the end of April 2018. I was not happy but that was money due to them, so I left it. Yesterday, I received a statement of R 259.12 as a balance due at the end of May 2018. This is the interest incurred by their own failure to debit my account on time and I am being punished. This is the second time I have this with RCS, they just want to earn interest and not look at the effects it has on the consumer. When you call them they just say sorry, but there is nothing we can do.

May 2, 2018

ACCOUNT NIGHTMARE

I have settled my account on the 13th of March 2018. End of April the installment was deducted from my bank account again after which I reversed the payment, today I was informed that a double payment will be deducted today. I have already sent several e-mails to RCS and made numerous phone calls to them to resolve the matter with no result. Please HELP!!!!
Johan111

Apr 26, 2018

Pathetic service

2 weeks now, two weeks, and they still too pathetic to send me a settlement letter, 2 weeks!!!!!!!!

GoIbibo - refund not initiated
    Dear Shivanshtekriwal, Greetings from Goibibo.com We...
    Reliance Jio - 4G Tower - Jio Network not available
    Hi Team I ecoworld outer ring road, Bangalore there is...
    Illegal MATAKA Shop - Close Illegal MATAKA Shop
    Our issue was solved .For this write now they thinking to...
    GoIbibo - Train Ticket cancellation Refund
    Dear Krishna_maheshwari, Greetings from...
    Policy Bazar - phone calls
    phone no 9707318275 plz stop calling me bc
    GoIbibo - REFUND DELAY
    Dear Abhishektyagi0001, Greetings from...
    GOIBIBO HOTEL - refund of payment made for booking || oyo hotel did not...
    Dear avinasha2605, Greetings from Goibibo.com We are...
    GoIbibo - Flight cancelled with out any prior information and refund...
    Dear Harikrishnn, Greetings from Goibibo.com We are...
    HSSC - unpaid fees
    I have applied for haryana police constable. I was paid...
    Sewa Kendra - Not applying my certificate
    Sir, my name is jaskaran singh and I am from Firozpur...