Consumer complaints and reviews about Renault India

Jan 12, 2018

Renault Kwid AMT

Dear Jaison,

Please check your private message and share the details for us to assist with your concern.
jaisose

Jan 11, 2018

Renault Kwid AMT

I am owner of Renault KWID KA 03 6255 vehicle. I purchased this vehicle in Jan 2017. However I am facing serious and dangerous issues with this car now The vehicle just stops while driving and will not get started until and unless you take the key out and wait for 2 min. I am facing this from Jan 2018 onwards and happened two times one before the service and once after the service. During the service they upgraded some software as per the technician but that also not helping.

I just got stuck in electronic city elevated highway in Bangalore. In the middle of this fast highway the vehicle just stopped. Luckily the vehicle behind me were bit slow so no accident happened and I am alive now !!

Being an automatic car this is a very serious issue. I am shocked to see in this forum itself many people complained with the same issue. And I don’t think Renault is taking any action to fix this voluntarily. May be they are waiting for a fatal accident to happen to take some action!!.

Jaison

Jan 6, 2018

Compliant: Urgent: Power Renault Porur- Work request not completed properly and my car is not yet delivered

Dear Kirubakaran,

kiruba_sami

Jan 5, 2018

Compliant: Urgent: Work request not completed properly and my car is not yet delivered

This is Kirubakaran,

I had given my car Renault Scala for General Service in “Power Renault, Kattupakkam, Porur” service center on 21/Dec/2017 (2 weeks before). Along with the service I have also asked for some body shop work.

They have completed the service and delivered my car for body shop work. After completing the body shop work, we were asked to collect the car on “03/Jan/2018” date.

When they updated us on completion of service, they updated that “They have done proper Test Drive and everything is perfect with the car ”.

But when we are on the way to collect the car, the service person called us and informed that Car is not staring (Starting trouble) and not to comeon 03/Jan/2018.

When we enquired about the actual cause, he took 1 full day and updated that Self-Start Motor has problem. I was asked to pay money for the same. When I enquire about cause of the problem with service engineer and his manager they are trying to convince me to pay extra money.

Which is not at all acceptable because,

1. We have given the car for service in very good condition.

2. They had serviced the car and had done the Test Drive successfully as well.

I this case I firmly doubt how this problem occurred. That too car had only completed 44000 KMs.

I have lots of trust on Renault being a very good brand globally, that’s the main reason I went for Renault Scale. Before this instance I had given my car 3 time for service and for other body work with Renault (Khivraj Pearl) Perungudi showroom. I never encountered this kind of problem with them. I was completely satisfied with them. This is the first time I gave my care to “Power Renault, Kattupakam, Porur” service center, where my experience is really pathetic.

I have given my car in a very condition and that too only for general service. I am expecting my car in the same way back. I cannot afford extra money to correct the problems caused by service center.

Also expecting that I will get my car back ASAP in good condition. Expecting positive reply from your side.

Already it’s been 2 weeks that I have left my car with service center. Renault being a premium brand, I hope this will be treated as high priority issue and hoping that will get a good resolution.
kiruba_sami

Jan 5, 2018

This is Kirubakaran,

Which is not at all acceptable because,

1. We have given the car for service in very good condition.

2. They had serviced the car and had done the Test Drive successfully as well.

Kirubakaran.S.
Pooja_b

Dec 18, 2017

Grievances regarding automatic quid

the manager
Renault India

We had purchase a kwid outback brownz colour with chassis number MEEBBA008h6508718 your Benchmark motors, dealership Chandigarh, on 31/07/2017, Sorry to say but we have been facing a lot of problem with the vehicle as after running for sometime there is a beep sound and a red light flashes and the vehicle stops accelerating bringing the vehicle to a halt with jerks, after that it can neither be moved from that place nor does it start again it is really sad to say that the problem in the vehicle upon repeated inspection by the dealership could not be rectified the same problem surfaced again and again and kept haunting us to that extend the my family is now really afraid to drive the vehicle again, it's been a traumatic experience driving your vehicle as the car stopping in middle of the traffic creates a panic situation that is really difficult to cope with as the car can no be moved from the location and has to be towed away or we have to wait for it to start again which take 25-30 minutes or have to contact road side assistance team. So we have decided that we will not take the delivery of the car which is with the Benchmark motors, Panchkula , kindly refund our money back and you can keep your car as my family is reluctant to use the car again and we can not take chance with the safety of my family members.

Dec 16, 2017

Sales complaint - 4-04293479 - RENAULT KOLKATA CENTRAL

Dear Debadipta Sengupta,

We do understand the unpleasant experience you have to go through and will surely look into this matter. Please allow us some time while we get this checked for you.
deb.sengupta@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2017

Sales complaint - 4-04293479 - RENAULT KOLKATA CENTRAL

Renault Kolkata Central
(A Unit of Vibrant Motors Pvt. Ltd.)
225C, A.J.C.Bose Road
Kolkata, West Bengal, 700020

Dear Sir/ Madam,

It is indeed unfortunate that you are not addressing the real issue to resolve the legitimate sales complaint, in spite of my repeated requests for the same.

I reiterate the relevant points once for your information and necessary action please. Also please refer to the mails appended below for your understanding.
The said vehicle was booked with advance on 20.09.2017, with 85% of the payment completed by 25.09.2017, and full 100% payment completed by 11.10.2017, with the assurance of delivery within Diwali that is 18/19.10.2017, which was not met till even the end of October.
I verbally raised the issue with your sales team, of additional customer discount/ benefit of Rs. 60,000/- for the same model, that you were extending in November, which became payable to me as well. This was after having paid the 1st loan repayment EMI on 05.11.2017, without of course the vehicle still not been delivered. I was assured that the same would be looked into at the earliest.
There was no revert from your end, in spite of repeated requests to address and resolve the issue, through the month of November, with the said vehicle remaining undelivered, wherein I documented my complaint through mail dated 28.11.2017.
I paid the 2nd loan repayment EMI on 05.12.2017 with the said vehicle still not delivered, and the complaint unresolved.
On 06.12.2017, I finally receive your delivery mail, wherein you refuse the additional discount/ benefit of Rs. 60,000/-, with the illegitimate pretext of having billed the vehicle in the month of October.
Now, please find below my legitimate claims, which I call upon you to discharge your obligations immediately, failing which I will be finally compelled to take recourse of available mechanism for consumer grievance redressal.
Rs.60,000/- (Rupees Sixty Thousand Only) as refund/ discount/ benefit, as extended by you in November 2017.
Penal interest @ 18% pa on the full payment received by you, calculated from 1st November 2017.
Compensation @ Rs.500/- per day for each day of delay in delivery, calculated from 1st November 2017, till actual delivery after necessary resolution of complaint.

Kolkata 700 017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Paramita Ghosh <crm.kolkatacentral@renault-india.com> wrote:

Greetings from Renault Kolkata Central!

Your vehicle has been registered on 2nd November’2017 and lying in KMC parking area for last one and half month.

Requesting you to take the delivery from our showroom as your vehicle is lying for such a long period and as per norms before delivery you need to pay Rs 500/ per day charge for parking your vehicle at KMC parking area.

Kindly visit our showroom for delivery of your vehicle.

Dec 12 (2 days ago)

to Paramita, customer, sales.kolkatac.

Dear Madam/ Sir,

Reference your mail below, please note that the matter is pending resolution from your end. Please see my earlier mail for details.

Also please note that your contemplation " that as per your instruction, your vehicle was invoiced in October’2017, we are unable to provide you the consumer offer of November’2017", is an willful misstatement to avoid your responsibility to resolve the issue.

That I will instruct you to bill in October 2017, to get your delivery intimation in December 2017, with you refusing to extend the consumer offer of Rs.60,000, can be easily seen to be false and redundant, with the objective of refusing to discharge your legal commercial obligations.

I would once again request you to address the real issue, and resolve the complaint issue, without further delay, failing which I would be compelled to escalate the matter as per established protocol available to me as an aggrieved consumer.

From: Paramita Ghosh [mailto:crm.kolkatacentral@renault-india.com]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 3:12 PM
To: 'deb.sengupta@gmail.com'
Subject: RE: Re: Sales complaint - 4-04293479 - RENAULT KOLKATA CENTRAL

Greetings from Renault Kolkata Central!

Your vehicle is ready for delivery.

We would like to inform you that as per your instruction, your vehicle was invoiced in October’2017, we are unable to provide you the consumer offer of November’2017.

We would like to deliver your vehicle in your convenient date and time as your vehicle is in our KMC parking area for which they are charging exorbitant amount and we cannot place your vehicle for such a long period.

We are sorry to inform you that if you do not take the delivery of your vehicle within a day or two you have to pay the parking charge before delivery.

Kindly call in the below contact number for scheduling the delivery of your vehicle.

Dec 7 (7 days ago)

to customer, sales.kolkatac., Paramita

Dear Madam/ Sir,

This refers to the issue originally raised with you in November 2017 in respect of the complaint captioned above, recent telephonic discussions on the subject, and your delivery mail dated 06.12.2016 appended below.

Kindly note that your sincere apologies will NOT close the complaint/ issue that has been raised as per legal commercial norms.

As iterated earlier, please note the points below:
Date 20.09.2017 - you received payment of Rs. 5000/- (Rupees Five Thousand Only) on booking the Renault Duster AMT Model, on the verbal assurance of the vehicle to be delivered by Diwali 2017, that 19.10.2017.
Date 23.09.2017 - loan from HDFC Bank approved as per documented letter.
Date 25.09.2017 - you received payment of Rs. 12,26,921/- (Rupees Twelve Lac Twenty Six Thousand Nine Hundred Twenty One Only) as disbursement from HDFC Bank in my favour, as per documented letter.
Date 11.10.2017 - you received balance payment in full of Rs. 1,79,560/- (Rupees One Lac Seventy Nine Thousand Five Hundred Sixty Only) totaling full payment of Rs. 14,11,481 (Rupees Fourteen Lac Eleven Thousand Four Hundred Eighty One Only).
Further, I have paid 2 installments of loan repayment EMI of Rs. 25,635/- each on 05.11.2017 and 05.12.2017 respectively, with you having failed to deliver the car by October 2017.
However in November 2017, you have extended additional consumer offer of Rs.60,000/- on the same vehicle model that you been fully paid for, without having delivered the same.

Please note that you having billed the car in October 2017, is irrelevant in respect of this complaint/ issue, since you did not deliver the car in October 2017, hence not having completed the transaction on the same.

I hereby request and call upon you, to duly refund Rs. 60,000/- (Rupees Sixty Thousand Only), as additional payment received by you, without further delay, before I need to escalate the matter further. I also reserve the right to claim interest on the payments made to you, and other relevant compensation and damages, should it be so required.

Looking forward to hearing from you, for the complaint matter to be resolved at the earliest.

From: Paramita Ghosh [mailto:crm.kolkatacentral@renault-india.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 11:02 AM
To: 'deb.sengupta@gmail.com'
Subject: Re: Sales complaint - 4-04293479 - RENAULT KOLKATA CENTRAL

Greetings from Renault Kolkata Central!

We are sincerely apologizing for the inconvenience caused to you.

Your vehicle is ready for delivery.

We would like to inform you that as your vehicle was invoiced in October’2017, we were unable to provide you the consumer offer of November’2017.

We have given you consumer offer for October’2017 which is Rs 30,000/.

This is the reason we are unable to provide you extra discount of Rs 60,000/.

We would like to deliver your vehicle in your convenient date and time.

Kindly call in the below contact number for assistance.

AttachmentsNov 28

to renaultconnect, sales.kolkatac.

Renault Kolkata Central
(A Unit of Vibrant Motors Pvt. Ltd.)

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please refer to your mail dated Nov 15, 2017 appended below.

Please be informed of the following:
The said vehicle was booked on 20.09.2017 vide payment of Rs.5000/- by Credit Card, with the expected delivery within Diwali i.e. 18.10.2017. (copy enclosed)
All required documentation for loan from HDFC Bank was immediately completed, whereby the said loan was approved vide letter dated 23.09.2017. (copy enclosed)
Loan amount of Rs. 12,26,921/- (Rupees Twelve Lac Twenty Six Thousand Nine Hundred Twenty One) was disbursed to you vide letter dated 5.10.2017. (copy enclosed)
Balance amount of Rs. 1,79,560/- (Rupees One Lac Seventy Nine Thousand Five Hundred Sixty) was paid to you through NEFT dated 11.10.2017 (copy enclosed)
EMI repayment of Rs. 25,635/- already commenced and paid on 05.11.2017, whereas you were not in a position to deliver till 15.11.2017, as may be presumed from your appended mail.
Please note that I have not taken delivery of the said vehicle as yet.

I was encouraged to book immediately on my visit to your showroom on 20.09.2017, and all loan documentation completed immediately thereafter, for reasonably expected delivery of about a month. Loan was disbursed and balance payment made, completing full payment thereafter, as detailed in points above. I have also already borne the interest on the loan amount for more than 2 months already.

Much before your purported delivery date, I was shocked to find in your newspaper advertisements of additional discounts/ benefits of Rs. 60,000/- (Rupees Sixty Thousand) being given for Renault Duster AMT, that is the same model I have booked and fully paid for, waiting for delivery from your end.

As would be fair, I would request you to kindly refund or extend benefit to the tune of Rs.60,000/- (Rupees Sixty Thousand Only) along with immediate delivery of the said vehicle.

Dec 10, 2017

KWID- Unreliable Car

Dear Customer (Pradipoctober Shah),

Pradipoctober Shah

Dec 6, 2017

KWID- Unreliable Car

I purchased Renault Kwid in June 2017.
The car has run for 3800 kilometers. On 03-12-2017 car gave serious problem.
Its automatic system malfunctioned. While accelerating the car, it did not gain speed. Instead it was slowing down and after sometime it starts gaining speed. Contacted Roadside Assistance and car was taken to dealer's workshop.
Being Sunday--Workshop was closed. On board written 24X7 service. I requested the service manager who helped me.
The programme/software was corrupted which was reloaded. I understood that this is not uncommon problem. ( Car towing agency said- their business is prospered by KWID-they get good business from KWID-shame for Renault?)If software is erroneous, why as a responsible company Renault don't call back the vehicle and rectify before the customer land up in the serious problem? This is a serious lapse on part of Renault. Before going for KWID- think several time. Not a proven car.
Roadside assistance is also a mockery. If you are stuck up on the highway, take from me, your whole day will be wasted. Possibly next day too. This is really very painful when you are going out with family for some important function.
Wait for few years till KWID proves its relaibility.

Dec 6, 2017

Service Delay - Power renault

Dear Customer (R.Sriram),

We have already forwarded your concern. We will get back to you once we have an update from the concerned team.
sriramsss55

Dec 4, 2017

Service Delay - Power renault

Dear Renault team

This is R. SRIRAM from Chennai, bought a KWID RXT- automatic(TN11AB9973) from Power Renault - Kattupakkam, Chennai on Sep 23.

Driven less than 400 KM. Due to flood in Chennai, water went into the car(Not into the engine - only on the floor of the car,after confirmation from service center)

With the help of road assistance, the car was sent to service center on 4th Nov.

Its already a month now. Only for a small issue , its takes more than a month.

Its a new car. Highly disappointed with the service.

R.SRIRAM

Nov 28, 2017

Unprofessional behaviour of staff at renault service shimoga

Dear Customer (girish21),

girish21

Nov 20, 2017

Unprofessional behaviour of staff at renault service shimoga

Very pathetic and unprofessional behaviour of Manager and staff at renault service shimoga, karnataka. I was wondering how come renault india employ such a rude and knowledge less persons, i assume may be its because of dealer. I have given our car for polishing which was complimentary in my renault app. To my surprise, after service executive taken the vehicle for job called back to my mobile after 30min saying that free and complimentary cannot be given if no appointment is availed via app and physical appointment doesnot holds good. Is this correct?, i want to just reconfirm.

Kindly check the education qualification of Manager in shimoga service station, because he was acting as if i was interacting with a street goon. It was some sort of intimidation at the service centre. I think god only should help customers going for service from shimoga service station.

Nov 16, 2017

Poor service from Renault

Dear Prince Joseph,

We confirm that the highlighted concern has been addressed and the vehicle has been delivered to you. In the case of any support required, please feel free to contact us at ############.
sourav410

Nov 1, 2017

Poor Mileage

My Renault kwid automatic is giving average of 14-15 km/lt in city and 17-18 km/lt highway condition but claimed millage is 25 km/ lt. so I contacted the dealer regarding this problem; however I did not get any satisfactory response from there too. If the claimed mileage cannot be received then please do not advertise such fabricated facts to lure customers. Since Renault has quiet a big name in today’s market, I opted for Renault without any second thought.
It will be highly appreciated if you could look into this problem at the earliest.

Sourav Bhowmik
Ph.7830430997
mail id: souravdabest@gmail.com

poor performance

Dear Customer (Tajmeel Sherif),

Complaint against vidatri motors

Dear Customer (SHYAMJITH2677),

We don't want you to feel this way. We will surely check this for you and connect with you on this.

Poor service, poor delivery - Renault Duster

Dear Prince Joseph,

Your issue has been forwarded to the concerned team. We'll get in touch with you as soon as we have an update.
SHYAMJITH2677

Oct 26, 2017

Complaint against vidatri motors

This is to let the company know how bad and terrible is your service department in mysore is.I met with an accident in the month of march and the same month i have given the car at the service station and it took more than months to get the car back. And anything more than the delay that has caused i am badly disappointed with your work
1.the car roof is not in a proper level
2.there is a gap between the door in the co driver seat
3.back door is also bad which makes water spill in the car
4.car paint is fading,they haven’t done polishing
5.no cooling and ac is producing some kind of weird sounds
6.and there is a lot of noice produced when traveling through gut roads
7.i payed 2000 rps for interior cleaning the very next day i got the car from the showroom
8.co driver seat produces some kind of sound during opening and closing
9.while honking a vibration is produced
10.jerking is produced while turning

A work worth 350000 has been done and yet soo much of complain in less than one and half month is such a shameless process from your side...its either you work properly or else you shutdown the company.
Your wasting peoples time money and energy
If necessary steps are not taken from your part i will go to consumer court.
No other company provide such shity service.
The hell service that i have ever seen and came across. Dr.Shyamjith
Prince Joseph

Oct 24, 2017

Poor service, poor delivery - Renault Duster

@RenaultIndia 3 month old car in workshop for now 4 months, could have built a whole new car by now? #poorservice - complaint ID 4-03990716
I am following up for over 3 months .. a car that is 3 months old has spend nearly 4 months in a Renault service center waiting repairs and today it was confirmed that they need parts for the air bag. I could see this coming a mile away, i flagged , followed up, requested RENAULT teams hep and nothing is forth coming and the pattern this has taken shows my dad will be lucky to get the car in Dec. I am now worried about the repair quality, the overall cars integrity, the service capability and clearly - what would your reaction be to this after sales service.
One component is repaired and then a flaw is detected elsewhere, or created? I suspect poor workmanship too now. The customer care center too is a joke now - no escalation, no head to speak to , they promise a call back but cannot commit when that might take place and i get a cryptic mail later saying unable to reach me. How convenient.
Let me share some critical feedback ..
1. Its been over 3 months in the work shop, If you have any SLA, this will surely be in deep red. Customer Satisfaction, your turn around time, communication on this has been nil.
2. The 'Service' commitment of Renault in my perspective is abysmally low.
3. The center where the repairs are taking place - is not capable, not equipped, and not professional. If they cant do the job, move the car elsewhere to another centre that can close this.
4. 3 months without a vehicle because Renault is inefficient and unresponsive needs addressing, a spare car should have been given, a compensation has to be provided for loss of service and personal cost on travel, communication, etc. .
5. Every time a piece of work is done a new one is discovered, if we have cycle continuing the car will not reach us for another 3 months or even 6, what is a customers course of action then, follow up, and follow up..
6. A decision has to be made if replacing the car is the best option, this may be the right way to go as the confidence in the work done is now very very low and I can see this continuing till I get rid of the car. Why cant the car be replaced?
7. The car is used by my aged parents, at their age you are denying them a vehicle to move about in comfortably - this is making the investment in Renault look very foolish.
8. One critical item thats not even started work on is the 'Air bag' - how long does that take? Isn't there a quality and safety standard for that work to be done satisfactorily.
I am lost on this case and awaiting Renault's response.
I am expecting Renault management to look in to this again, and provide a fast and decisive response that will assure, satisfy and rebuild confidence in #RenaultIndia.
Prince Joseph

Oct 24, 2017

Poor service from Renault

Let me share some critical feedback ..
2. The 'Service' commitment of Renault in my perspective is abysmally low.
I am lost on this case and awaiting Renault's response.
Tajmeel Sherif

Oct 23, 2017

poor performance

I have purchased my kwid 800cc car two months back. on the second day itself my cars horn gone.and i have a serious pickup issue the car doesnt raise on 5th gear beyond 120.I visited service centre more than 10 times.They keep on programming the ECU but still the problem occurs.and there is bad smell when i reach 100kmph inside the car.I took the car again and again they refused accept the fact.They are very stuburn about the smell..They were like " there is no smell coming " when i was in test drive.Very very poor service people in Renault,Fraud.Dont ever go to renault !!!
Tajmeel Sherif

Oct 23, 2017

Very poor car

prem.sharma

Oct 21, 2017

Poor performance of KWID RXT 800

I have purchased Renault Kwid RXT 800 in Apr'17. but I'm not satisfied the car performance. following are the issue in my Car
1. Mileage is a big issue.
2. Pick up problem
3. Gear shifting problem
4. Back Window mirror not work properly
5. Race, Clutch and break not work properly.

Kindly resolve my all issues ASAP.

Prem Sharma

APOLLO TYRE - In response to your complaint
    Dear Sadiq, we understand that our team has connected with...
    cb unicorn 150 - Engine problem
    I was purchase cb unicorn 150 bike on 30/06/2017.since my...
    SBSTC - Refund of extra amount deducted while booking a ticket
    While booking ticket in advance for 20.01.2018 (Saturday)...
    Future choice /ambience water - Good company
    The products of this company are worth every penny. Future...
    Jioapp - Deducted from tez app
    Amount deducted but recharge is not done Hai I have...
    Aircel - Unable to sed message for port request
    Dear Mohit (Mohit891), We regret the inconvenience that...
    HDFC Bank - atm card use by 3 fraud transtion
    i am govindraj pandey is very poor man my saving account...
    Universal travels - A third class bus service
    On 12.01.18, the bus to Marthandam was late by three...
    SBI Life Insurance Money back policy - RE : SURRRENDER VALUE
    Dear Darpan, We acknowledge your concern. Our team will...
    Aircel - porting request not sand
    Dear Mukesh, We regret the inconvenience that may have...