Consumer complaints and reviews about Renault India

asifusman

Jun 18, 2018

SERIOUS ISSUE WITH MY BRAND NEW REANAULT CAPTUR

Serious Issue with my BRAND NEW RENAULT CAPTUR
This is to bring to your notice the trauma that I and my family have been undergoing ever since I bought a Renault Captur Vehicle at Trident, Bangalore.
I have not been getting any favourable response from either Renault or from Trident. Have written to Mr Samir Choudhry of Trident and to Mr Sumit Sawhney of Renault India,several emails.
I am putting the whole episode in a nutshell for your easy understanding:
· I purchased a top end Petrol CAPTUR from Trident Palace Orchards, Bangalore on 5th April 2018. In less than 2 hours of taking delivery of the new vehicle, as I was driving home from the showroom, the vehicle started giving an unusual, irritable noise that lasted for a couple of minutes. I brought it to the notice of the dealer over the phone and also by email. They brushed it aside saying, it could be a minor issue that could be looked into at the time of the first service on completion of 2 months and have been advised to use until then. But the noise started getting more frequent and louder by the day.

· I wrote to Renault with cc to Trident about the same- failed to receive any response from Renault, but received a phone call from Trident asking me to escalate the same during the first service.

· On 31st of May 2018, took my Vehicle to Renault Service centre, Whitefield, Bangalore. They confirmed having some issue with the vehicle and booked my vehicle for servicing and repair for 4th June 2018.

· On 4th June, I was asked to wait and take the vehicle as they thought the repair and first service wouldn't take more than 2 hours. Eventually, it went on till the end of the day. By then they had changed the AC gas and had done the reprogramming of AC functions as suggested by Renault team online. Since that did not work, they dismantled the AC compressor and alternator as they thought the defects in those parts could be the cause.

· The next day they fitted it with a different compressor and alternator. But the problem still persisted. They ruled out any issue with the compressor and alternator. This was promptly reported to me in no uncertain terms by the service head and service advisor.

· On 5th June, when I went to the Service centre to see my vehicle, I was flabbergasted to see most of the parts inside the bonnet of MY BRAND NEW CAPTUR dismantled and kept aside and the struggle to trace the cause was on by 2 technicians. This went on for 2 more days in terms of removing and refitting most of the parts. Finally, when it went out of their hand, they decided to summon the experts from Renault Chennai.

· On 8th of June 2018, I was told that a team of engineers from Chennai arrived & took over my vehicle and one more round of dismantling and refixing of parts took place. They again changed the AC compressor and alternator to rule out that issue one more time. After unsuccessfully working on my vehicle for 2 days, the Renault engineers left the place expressing their helplessness and by saying, this would be rectified at a future date as and when they figure out the cause of the issue. This was also promptly conveyed to me by Tridents service manager over the phone.

· After that, there were no updates from anyone for good 2 days.

· On 12th June, when I visited the place, I was informed that after the Renault engineers left, the trident technicians again started working on my vehicle and they just fitted a demo compressor for the 3rd or 4th time. Needless to say that one more round of dismantling and refitting of parts would have taken place in those 3 days i.e 10th, 11th and 12th June 2018. After that, they took me on a test drive on 12th June and the noise was still heard by everyone including the service manager. At that point in time, the manager tried to convince me by saying, this kind of issue does exist in all Captur vehicles. His statement was preposterous as much as it was shocking. If that was true, why did they rip my BRAND NEW CAR parts apart several times over these 9-10 days? Why did they summon the team of engineers from Renault Chennai to fix that?
· My BRAND NEW VEHICLE has been lying with Trident for the past FIFTEEN DAYS NOW with the issue unresolved, thus inconveniencing me and my family to a great extent. I had to cancel the tour plan to my native with family in our new car for Eid celebration on 15th June. My daughter who is in the final year of her Architecture, for whom I bought this car, has been moving around in cabs and autos.

· Now, the manager has started claiming that the issue was with the compressor and has been rectified. Even if they claim that they could contain the noise by some trial and error method without ascertaining the cause of the issue, this BRAND NEW VEHICLE of mine is nothing but literally, a reassembled piece now, with dismantling and refitting of the parts manually, multiple times. This has been confirmed by Mr Samir Choudhry also in his mail.
I now totally regret having gone in for this car, which in the first place was DEFECTIVE. On top, I have to deal with people at your service centre who are only busy brushing me off and convincing me with some absolutely preposterous justifications to take back a defective vehicle that has been dismantled and reassembled several times over, albeit unsuccessfully.
I have made it clear to Trident that I will not be able to accept this manually reassembled car at any cost.
Since I did not get any fair deal from anyone so far, I am sending this mail to you to instruct Trident to REFUND the total amount paid to them by us and our banker, along with the EMI for the loan, paid by us so far immediately.
Also, any other financial burden like loan processing fee, Loan preclosure fee if any, should be born by Trident or Renault.
Please let us know, the earliest by when this account will be settled and also to avoid any further inconvenience to me and my family till such time, I look forward to a similar or equivalent car for our use, to be provided by Renault or Trident either with a driver or on a risk-free condition, immediately.
LET ME REITERATE, AT ANY COST I AM NOT GOING TO ACCEPT THIS MULTIPLE TIMES REASSEMBLED CAR.
Hope you will understand our agony.
Anticipating an early favourable response.
Asif Usman Teekay
Mobile : +91 9844073008
aretharekar

Jun 15, 2018

Unsatisfactory service by Renault Service Centre

Dear Sir.

I am Major Arvind Retharekar having bought Renault KWID Climber AMT from Unnati Motors Pune last year, bearing Registration no. MH12 PC 4901.

On 27 Apr 2018 I had given my vehicle for my First Free Service at Unnati Motors. The vehicle was picked up by driver Rohit and taken for servicing. In the evening, the vehicle was delivered at my home by the same driver. During checking of the vehicle in the presence of the driver it was noticed that the ignition key was damaged.It appeared that the key was beaten with a hammer or some heavy object. The key does not open the doors and for ignition too only one side is working. The driver took the photos of the key and told me to come to the service center the next day.

Accordingly, I went to the service station this morning (28 Apr 2018) and met Mr. Harish, who checked the key and took photos of the key once again and told me that it will take one month for the new key to be prepared and delivered. However, he did not give me any written invoice/work order as a proof.

My point is how is the key being damaged when I give the car for servicing, and it is not being told to me. Had I not checked it, I would have never known it. And why everything is being kept in wraps. There is not written proof of assurance that the key would be delivered to me at the company's cost at that time. Subsequently, when I raised the matter with customer care, they sent me an email assuring me that the key would be delivered to me free of cost within a period of 30 days.

However, today after more than 50 days, there is NO response from customer care or the Service Centre about the delivery of the key.

I am sorry to say that I am pretty disappointed by the behavior of the staff, hence this complaint

I am sure you would take necessary action to redress my grievance at the earliest with an assurance that in future no such thing will happen.

Thanks and regards

Major Arvind Retharekar
+91 98902 64930

Jun 4, 2018

NOT GOT SPARE SINCE LAST 3 WEEKS

Dear Customer (Dileep V.R),

Your issue has been forwarded to the concerned team. We'll get in touch with you on this.
DILEEPRAJAPPA

May 21, 2018

NOT GOT SPARE SINCE LAST 3 WEEKS

Regretting experience at Renault service a Duster Car with minor problem( For Floor Painting & Floor Matt change ) was given to TV Sundaram Iyengar & Sons P Ltd Service Station at Kottayam In Kerala Near: Wexco Homes,Adichira, M.C Road on 08/05/218 at 09:47 AM and till now they have not got the spares.. this is pathetic for an international brand. I am suffering a lot without the car. though this car was purchased on 23/0.3/2017 they did not even bother to offer a service car even after requesting so many times... who will pay my taxi care fare for last three weeks, and they also not providing me insurance claim, during the time of insuring the car they offering many things saying Bumper to bumper but when the time of troubles comes they run away from their promising

Hope somebody reads this and provides respite... I have paid my cab fares last three weeks monetary and physical toll both.. I totally need a compensation for this.... though I only expect a fat bill my way for the last three weeks
I Totally regret opting for Renault....( I never meant to hurt anyone but I said my suffering only Thank you)

May 19, 2018

Dear Mr. Reddy,

Please refer to the private message for the update on your concern

May 19, 2018

Dear Mr. Reddy,

Please refer to the private message for the update on your concern.

May 18, 2018

Dear Mr. Reddy,

We do not want you to feel this way about us. Kindly allow us some time to escalate the matter to the concerned team. We'll get in touch with you for further assistance.
vetreddy

May 16, 2018

Unprofessional attitude of company and dealer

I have booked one Renault Kwid AMT (O) 1L Silver Color 2018 model on 18/04/2018 from your authorised Panvel Dealer Ms Gen Next by paying booking amount 10k.Delivery for this model was 30days as confirmed by the showroom. To our surprise after 20 days of booking dealer is saying that Silver color production has been discontinued by the company, hence you need to opt for some other color or you have to take 2017 manufactured model.We followed all necessary procedures and the bank car loan is ready for disbursal too.This approach of dealer is quite unprofessional such behaviour by company dealer is bit annoying.We request the company to intervene and resolve this issue asap.
Till date (16/05/2018) no one authorised company person contacted us.
If company not responds in short, I’ll take legal action

Apr 15, 2018

Multiple Recurrent Failures Duster

Dear Melvin Vincent,

Ensuring the best experience for all our customers is what we strive for. We understand your concern and are working towards resolving your issue. Please allow us some time to get back to you.
MelvinVincent

Apr 13, 2018

Multiple Recurrent Failures Duster

My complaint
aschauhan11

Mar 30, 2018

False commitment

Thanks for the booking message received on 23rd March for booking done in January. Seems the actual booking was done on 23rd March and we were continously being made fool by Renault since January.

"Congratulations for booking Renault Duster at Avia Auto. Contact 09582216979 for delivery details."

Not sure what kind of customer service is it? No information about Outback Bronze colour in AMT since January.

Now that we have compromised for Cayenne Orange and the vehicle is also available in the dealership as well but still we did not get delivery on 29th March as we requested. Next requested date is 2nd of April which also seems to be not possible for dealership.

Can we have any concrete response?

Better we switch to any other car manufacturer looking at the first experience that we have with Renault till now.
sanjaybz

Mar 29, 2018

Renault is charging for maps update

Hi All,

Don't buy Renault vehicles which are fitted with MediaNav devices, in which they are charging nearly INR 7000 for every maps updates, or else they wont work properly and become just touchscreen mp3 players

Mar 17, 2018

Dear Ravinder,

We understand that our team has spoken to you on your reported concern and you will visit the Dealership for further assistance. In case of any support required please feel free to contact us at ############

Mar 16, 2018

Dear Ravinder,

We understand that our team is in touch with you and assisting you in this regard.

Mar 16, 2018

Dear Ravinder,

We strive to provide excellent customer service. Our team has been informed about your issue. Please be assured, they will assist you further.
SUNIKSHIT

Mar 13, 2018

DUSTER AMT ... PB 10 FT 3390 (GEAR BOX / CLUTCH WEAR OUT)

I bought a Renault Duster AMT RXL on 20th May, 2016. Since then, I have been gone through various issues with this car, which have been brought to the notice of Renault official through this website. I feel myself cheated and very much disappointed with the poor technology of Renault who claims to have been the French quality car makers. I was expecting something worth of Rs.15 Lakhs but after about 8000 kms I started noticing vibration / knocking / shuddering / stuttering at low gears (1st, 2nd, 3rd & reverse gears). This issue was brought to the notice of the technician of PMG Chandigarh last year when I visited them for the 2nd service. The technician cross examined / scanned the vehicle and reported me that there is no such issue but still I was not satisfied with their investigations. There is also huge noise in the cabin. The said problem gradually increased and now when I visited for the 3rd service at 20000 kms, I pointed out the same issue to Service Manager. Their technician scanned the vehicle and took a test drive and informed me that it's gear box / clutch needs to be replaced. It is a very much shocking news for me. The quality of Renault products is very very poor as compared to any other brand. I am distressed by the fact that this is a defected car or engine/amt gearbox problem or a faulty clutch system. I request that Renault should take back this car from me ASAP.
Ravinder Singh Rana
9876012935, 98728 46384

Mar 10, 2018

Cheating

Dear Customer (nishabhadouria),

Your issue is being forwarded to the concerned team. Please allow us some time to look into this for you.
nishabhadouria

Mar 7, 2018

Cheating

Its Been 1 Month Now since i Bought my car and Even 1st Servicing Done But Regret byuying Renault Car as There are still things not given inspite of paying for them in Advance ideally was suppose to get on Delivery but even After 1 month and 1st service not yet Got them.
Several reminders and requests

Last Request or Else Will leave it Unresolved as Expected From Renault
But then Will post These compaints on Other Social Portal So that Other New Clients plaining to Buy Renault Can be Saved From this Fraud
If Still Reading Contact me
9819299164

Car Renault Kwid Purchase and Delivery Date 5 Feb 2018
Amit Bhadouria

Fraud By the Dealer

Dear Gagan Kumar,

Your issue has been forwarded to the concerned team. We'll get in touch with you as soon as we have an update.
gagan c/o arun koli

Fraud By the Dealer

Dear Custom Care,

I would like to inform you that i had purchased a Vehicle No. DL1CV2756 RENAULT KWID RXT 1.0 (IN THE NAME OF GAGAN KUMAR S/O DURGA PRASAD R/O C-37 SANWAL NAGAR NEW DELHI 110049)from Renaul showroom situated at East of Kailash (in the name of Screen Cars Pvt Ltd.), Director Name- Anuj Kapoor.

Our Agent was- Mr. Harish and his numbers are 8506080838/9871842358/9971077974.

Now, There is a refund amount of Rs. 36,940.00 (which was paid extra )

I had paid them following part payments in cash and in cheque.

1) Booking amount - 10,000.00
2) Down Payment - 170,000.00 (Rs. 140,000.00 By Cheque and Rs. 30,000 By Cash)
3) Ohter Payment - 275,000.00 (By HDFC BANK Ltd, As Loan taken)

Total amount was - Rs. 455,000.00

Now, The vehicle value was Rs. 399,576.00
and the road tax was Rs. 18,484.00

Total vehicle value was = Rs. 418,060.00

Here are enclosed the scan copies of vehicle documents , road tax, RC and Loan documents.

Requested to you , Kindly refund an amount of Rs. 36,940.00 at the earilest.

Warn Regards

Gagan Kumar
+91-9911347371
gagan c/o arun koli

Fraud By Renault Delear

Dear Custom Care,

Our Agent was- Mr. Harish and his numbers are 8506080838/9871842358/9971077974.

Now, There is a refund amount of Rs. 36,940.00 (which was paid extra )

I had paid them following part payments in cash and in cheque.

1) Booking amount - 10,000.00
2) Down Payment - 170,000.00 (Rs. 140,000.00 By Cheque and Rs. 30,000 By Cash)
3) Ohter Payment - 275,000.00 (By HDFC BANK Ltd, As Loan taken)

Total amount was - Rs. 455,000.00

Now, The vehicle value was Rs. 399,576.00
and the road tax was Rs. 18,484.00

Total vehicle value was = Rs. 418,060.00

Requested to you , Kindly refund an amount of Rs. 36,940.00 at the earilest.

Warn Regards

Gagan Kumar
+91-9911347371

Jan 12, 2018

Renault Kwid AMT

Dear Jaison,

Please check your private message and share the details for us to assist with your concern.
jaisose

Jan 11, 2018

Renault Kwid AMT

I am owner of Renault KWID KA 03 6255 vehicle. I purchased this vehicle in Jan 2017. However I am facing serious and dangerous issues with this car now The vehicle just stops while driving and will not get started until and unless you take the key out and wait for 2 min. I am facing this from Jan 2018 onwards and happened two times one before the service and once after the service. During the service they upgraded some software as per the technician but that also not helping.

I just got stuck in electronic city elevated highway in Bangalore. In the middle of this fast highway the vehicle just stopped. Luckily the vehicle behind me were bit slow so no accident happened and I am alive now !!

Being an automatic car this is a very serious issue. I am shocked to see in this forum itself many people complained with the same issue. And I don’t think Renault is taking any action to fix this voluntarily. May be they are waiting for a fatal accident to happen to take some action!!.

Jaison

Jan 6, 2018

Compliant: Urgent: Power Renault Porur- Work request not completed properly and my car is not yet delivered

Dear Kirubakaran,

kiruba_sami

Jan 5, 2018

Compliant: Urgent: Work request not completed properly and my car is not yet delivered

This is Kirubakaran,

I had given my car Renault Scala for General Service in “Power Renault, Kattupakkam, Porur” service center on 21/Dec/2017 (2 weeks before). Along with the service I have also asked for some body shop work.

They have completed the service and delivered my car for body shop work. After completing the body shop work, we were asked to collect the car on “03/Jan/2018” date.

When they updated us on completion of service, they updated that “They have done proper Test Drive and everything is perfect with the car ”.

But when we are on the way to collect the car, the service person called us and informed that Car is not staring (Starting trouble) and not to comeon 03/Jan/2018.

When we enquired about the actual cause, he took 1 full day and updated that Self-Start Motor has problem. I was asked to pay money for the same. When I enquire about cause of the problem with service engineer and his manager they are trying to convince me to pay extra money.

Which is not at all acceptable because,

1. We have given the car for service in very good condition.

2. They had serviced the car and had done the Test Drive successfully as well.

I this case I firmly doubt how this problem occurred. That too car had only completed 44000 KMs.

I have lots of trust on Renault being a very good brand globally, that’s the main reason I went for Renault Scale. Before this instance I had given my car 3 time for service and for other body work with Renault (Khivraj Pearl) Perungudi showroom. I never encountered this kind of problem with them. I was completely satisfied with them. This is the first time I gave my care to “Power Renault, Kattupakam, Porur” service center, where my experience is really pathetic.

I have given my car in a very condition and that too only for general service. I am expecting my car in the same way back. I cannot afford extra money to correct the problems caused by service center.

Also expecting that I will get my car back ASAP in good condition. Expecting positive reply from your side.

Already it’s been 2 weeks that I have left my car with service center. Renault being a premium brand, I hope this will be treated as high priority issue and hoping that will get a good resolution.

IndiaBulls - india bulls increase interest in between loan tennure
    Dear customer (merrin), We are sorry for this...
    ACT BROADBAND - Installation not done, pathetic service
    June 3rd 2018 we wanted to opt for ACT fibernet service...
    sbi po recruitment - I didn't Get register Number for sbi po 2018
    I Registered for SBI PO 2018 and final payment also...
    Ossac shoes - Product not delivered
    My order is with kolcutta foreign post office since last...
    AIRTEL NETWORK PROBLEM - No Airtel network coverage
    I am airtel mobile user. I have my office at second floor...
    HUNGAMA CHANNEL - Hero bhakti hi shakti h
    Please restart hero bhakti hi shakti h. You started this...
    National Insurance company Limited - payout not received
    Dear Sir I’m having an agent code i.e. “9000123992”...
    IRDA - payout not received
    Dear Sir I’m having an agent code i.e. “9000123992”...
    MOBILE LOAN - Not Given my NOC letter
    Dear Shivshankar, Thank you for contacting Home...