Renault kwid

Haryana

Consumer complaints and reviews about Renault kwid

Mar 15, 2019

Totally disappointed with Kwid

Dear Customer (Sam Serwin),

Please check your private message and share the details for us to assist with your concern.
Sam Serwin

Mar 14, 2019

Totally disappointed with Kwid

This is Sam Serwin from Madurai, tamilnadu. I bought the Kwid car one year back, I'm totally disappointed with this Car. After first service also the same condition.
1.very poor pickup - vehicle is not moving when accelerated given
2.very poor brakes - Vehicle is not stopping when we apply brakes,
I am not willing to keep the car, so kindly take back.
Kindly note : This is my third variant car and there is no complaints against the other variant which I have used.
Shesahdri.C.S.

Jan 3, 2019

worst performance of the kwid AMT

The General Manager,
Renault Kwid Cars,
Bengaluru.

From:
Sheshadri.C.S.
#10, Goodu, 17th Main,
Ittamadu, AG’s layout,
Bengaluru 560 061

Sub: Regarding the poor performance of Renault Kwid car.
Ref: Reg No: KA-05-MV-2862 & Chassis No. MEEBBA003H1459778.

I am the absolute single owner of the Kwid AMT car mentioned above .The car was purchased on 15.04.2017, from Renault-JP Nagar show room with great enthusiasm as this was our first automatic car. But I am very disappointed by both, the performance of the car & the after sales service of the company. I have listed the inconvenience/ problems faced by me with your car.
1. On the first day we took the car delivery & drove to the temple for pooja where it stopped due to insufficient fuel. So please take another Rs.1000 /- extra & fill the tank to avoid the inconvenience.
2. On 7.12.2017 car was stopped in running. But it was found that rat entered the engine & damaged the hose pipe. We complained the kwid service wing immediately but they came for pick up after 6 hours even after repeated calls. Though we had informed them that the car was in the middle of the road, it was not attended. Also we park our 2 more other cars in the same garage including the Honda City & we never faced the problem of rat entry.
3. After this the wiper was not functioning properly and it was rectified after complaining.
4. The new battery provided along with the car has drained fully,and the great service person outrightly rejecting the battery for its poor performance ,surprisingly because usually the battery life is 4 to 5 years. Even if I keepopen the car door for 2 mins the battery will drained & I have to get the support of the nearby mechanic. So I will not be in a position to keep up the time schedule in my business. So a week back I bought a new battery & solved the problem myself.
5. Now recently a new type of problem has started which I have never heard or experienced before. If it rains, the rain water seeps into the car. Not just few drops but almost a bucket. Due to this some important papers were spoiled & that affected my business. But what irritated me most was the attitude of the service wing which is on the Mysore road. When I complained about the seepage problem, the first question I faced was “sir do you park your car outside?” What to do, I could not take the car inside my house. After the complaint that problem was rectified.
6. I have few technical problems such as the car will not pickup even on a small slope with the AC being switched on. As soon as we are moving on small elevation/slope we will have to switch off the AC & move.
7. While driving the vehicle if we stop in the signal lights or in a slow moving traffic, even though the car is in forward gear, the car moves back if it is a slope. Generally it is not so in an automatic car (for ex. Celerio ).
8. Recently on 19.12.2018 i visited my nephew’s house in hulimavu. But coming back the car did not start after complaining i had to get it toed to mysore road service center. Today is 2.2.2019 and the problem of the car is not detected and not rectified. Daily I have to take a cab to working places. Since my profession requires travelling I am spending a lot over daily commuting.
9. With all these complaints I insist you to refund my money and take back your great car and spare me.
From the above complaints I am trying to convey that I am not happy with either the performance of the car or the service of the car. Since last one year I suffered a lot in my business because of the car & I underwent mental stress due to the poor performance of the car.
Please give me good reason why I should not take this matter to the consumer forum & claim for the compensation from the company?
Shesahdri.C.S.

Jan 3, 2019

worst performance of the Kwid AMT

Acacio

Dec 28, 2018

Closing down of Workshop &showroom

I had purchased Renault KWID RXT in 2016 which is still under Warranty thinking that the service provided to me will be convenient, but now after 02 year I got to know that Renault has closed down their branches in mumbai like Showroom in Andheri and workshop in Powai, I wont be surprised that very soon you people might closed down the servicing center in Jogeshwari too..when contacted the regional office I was told that i need to take my car to Thane for basic repair.. what a lame and unexpected response from your senior person.

Me staying in Santacruz ( Vakola) and you expect me to travel all the way to Thane for basic repairs, What's wrong with Renault Management. Since its under Warranty will you provide me with Pick up and Drop service. I am pretty sure your answer will be NO. So its better that you people act to your Renault Customer requirement and see to it that an Workshop is open in Western suburbs that will be convenient for us for our basic repairs.

Dec 23, 2018

Renault kwid battery dead in 16 months

Dear Kaustav Chandra Das,

Kaustav Chandra Das

Dec 21, 2018

Renault kwid battery dead in 16 months

Very sad.Usually tenure is 3 years.Dead right after warranty period of one year.Consumer has to bear the brunt of defective car and/ or battery.
Kaustav Chandra Das

Dec 21, 2018

Renault Kwid battery defective

Make of August'17, battery went dead in only 16 months.Really sad.Warranty is of one year and so the consumer has to bear all.
Kuldip Bharvad

Dec 3, 2018

Acceleration issue

I have bought kwid 1.0 rxt(o) last year...from last 2 days Acceleration stucks at high rpm while changing gears although i have pressed clutch..is this any ecu problem or something else,. please give me solution

Dec 2, 2018

Kwid AMT gear box issues

Dear Dhanesh,

Dhanesh Marlecha

Nov 30, 2018

Kwid AMT gear box issues

I purchase the car in Feb 2017 and have been experiencing intermittent gear box issues. The car has gone to the work shop nearly 10 times reporting this issue and each time the service centre would be causal by mentioning that this could be due to software issues and reassure that the problem is fixed with software upgrade or reload. Renault has been lukewarm to the complaints that have been directly reported. They first manufacture a sub standard car and sell it too and then turn deaf ears to complaints. No wonder why similar approach from the dealers and their service centres too. They are completely unethical and unaccountable. Very recently the gear box issue cropped up again and the car has to be towed to the service centre. I have put my foot down to Renault and their service center demanding a refund The car is still in the service centre and I have refused to accept it back. And as if all was not enough they come up with a story this time that the they noticed a rat bit on the wire assy which has caused this issue and this is completely unbelievable and a clear act of cheating and dishonesty. I am considering to proceed legally against Renault and have shot pre legal notices to Renault and Khivraj.
Abuzz2ram

Nov 15, 2018

Rubber burning smell

Hello, had purchased kwid two weeks before. I'm fine with the way it built and good in performance though it is an autoshift however it smells as if the belt or some rubber part is burning. Worried about what is happened. Taking it to service tomorrow 17th Nov 2018. Any idea why it smells so bad..
Victor3088

Nov 15, 2018

Kwid climber 1.0

Hi guys,
My name is Victor. I bought my kwid climber 1.0 on 21st June 2018.
I would suggest you not to buy this car. It is the worst vehicle in all car segments.
It has a good bootspace and interior is ok but not that appealing as you expect.
The main problem is pick up. My vehicle does not even scroll in the 2nd gear. For every speed breaker you need to shift your gear to 1st gear to make your car move.
This will irritate you.
This car is good for city driving.
If you compare the price, I would suggest you to go for Alto k10, celerio x or Mahindra kuv100 but don't buy Renault's car except Duster. It is worst. I had a very bad experience.
I have done 5000 kms but not happy with my car. Suddenly it stops in between and do not start for at least 1 minute.
I think there is some gear box problem because my father has a 4 wheeler work shop.
Next it the noise of engine is very high, ebven in the cabin.
The cabin is not packed well. You could even get the bad smell of outside inside your cabin . Just image about the sound outside specially in traffic.
AC is mind-blowing. It chills very fast. Steering is good. Dashboard is not very impressive and suspension is not good because of small tyres.
Fareeda Begum K

Nov 9, 2018

Renault KWID - Faulty Vehicle delivered

I purchased Renault KWID RXT 1.0 in Oct 2016. Right from the 1st service i have been complaining about Shifting Gears. The vehicle stops in the traffic and i have to apply more than required energy to shift gear from 1->2. Despite complaining multiple times, the service guys have informed me that i need to press clutch properly. I have been riding a 4 wheeler for last 15 yrs and this is what i get to hear from the service agent.

Now the new issue is vehicle suddenly stops in traffic (Today was the 3rd time in last 3 weeks). Ignition is off and it needs a kick / push to restart. I had shown it to an external car service guy and explained the condition of the vehicle. He told me, i should have left the vehicle at service centre as it is faulty vehicle.

With limited service centres in the city, it is really tough to catch hold of the agent. I have completed 2 services with Renault and in August 2018 when the vehicle was serviced i had informed about replacing the gear box but i received the same response, press clutch properly.

Renault should better stop producing cars and start driving classes.

I need this issue to be resolved as early as possible.

Fareeda.
Call me: 9052356782
April-anu

Nov 9, 2018

Acceleration regarding

On 8th Nov I was driving climber. I stopped for some work .It was very horrifying for me- I brought car to neutral, than hand brake and to my surprise the engine acceleration increase.Brake and accelerator plate were free.I stopped this by putting off ignition. It happened twice.
Why it happened? Is it normal?
serenevg

Nov 5, 2018

Vehicle stopping automatically

I am using kwid AMT. While travelling the comes in stop mode with out any indication. Drive and neutral indicator is blinking. This is continuous happens 3 to 4 times. Just escaped from an accident. Kindly contact me and repair of vehicle. It is under warranty.

Serene
Gaurav Menon

Oct 27, 2018

Accelerator pedal malfunction

Being charged for accelerator pedal malfunction which is a known issue from the company. Also being charged 2500₹extra as towing charges.

Oct 23, 2018

Dear Rituparno,

We understand that our team is in touch with you and assisting you in this regard.

Oct 22, 2018

Dear Rituparno,

We have escalated your issue further. The team is on it and will certainly give you a hand with the same.

Faulty fuel indicator

I bought Kwid RXT AMT, the fuel indicator / gauge is not functioning accurately. The fuel indicator was showing almost empty & when I refilled full tank at a nearby petrol station. Request Renault Team to get back on this asap. Kindly contact me ASAP

Oct 20, 2018

fuel indicator is not functioning

I bought Kwid RXT AMT. Recently I have the fuel indicator / gauge is not functioning accurately. The fuel indicator was showing almost empty & when I refilled full tank at a nearby petrol station. Request Renault Team to get back on this asap. Kindly contact me ASAP

fuel indicator / gauge is not functioning accurately

I bought Kwid RXT AMT, since then i have mileage issues. the fuel indicator / gaage is not functioning accurately. The fuel indicator was showing almost empty & when I refilled full tank at a nearby petrol station. Request Renault Team to get back on this asap. Kindly contact me ASAP

Kirtikarvishal

Sep 24, 2018

Car stopping on road suddenly

My first trip with my new renault kwid, was very bad experienced, company just delivered my car to me and it was my first trip to mumbai.
When I coming back, near lonavala my car start slowing down speed, my friend (driver) started changing the gears but no speed increase.
I was shocked when car stopped on the express way. I was helpless when I call customer care for support and they said to tow my car. Towing vehical will come after 1to2 hrs which is very bad because, I was travelling with my wife and childrens .
Anithakumar

Sep 21, 2018

Car going to neutral while driving

Subject: Reference No: RE1819211942/A.K. Kumar

With utmost disappointment, I am drafting this mail to let you know the
level of Customer service we are getting from your agency.
Here is the sequence of events which happened and the service provided:

1. I was travelling with my family from Salem, Tamilnadu on 06/09/2018. I
left Salem around 7;45- 8pm and started our journey towards Bangalore and
we had reached the first "Toll booth" in the outskirts of Salem city and
our car started giving trouble "It was automatically going to neutral mode
from Drive mode and speed was reducing and the speed level was hitting zero
and then it was looping into the same problem again and again"

*Q. This vehicle is still under warranty and this is not the first time its
giving us trouble on an highway last tym when we were travelling during
June we encountered a similar problem but on a lower scale and we managed
to travel back to Bangalore and left it in the service centre for servicing
and*
* "Mr. Abhishek - 98441 53395", was the service manager handling my case
and you can get in touch with him and he informed that it was a programing
error.*

2. We called your roadside assistance helpline around 8:15pm and spoke to
the executive Mr. Satyavelu and they informed they have assigned the
problem to Service person and they will reach us within one hour. (And I
was stranded in the highway in an Godforsaken place and we managed to take
our car to the nearby Petrol station, next to the Toll gate with help, as
I was with my family
(wife and Mother in law) in an isolated place and we were waiting for help
from your customer service and somehow they managed to send a local
mechanic around 9:15 pm to that location and he apparently checked the
vehicle and he told that he cannot fix the problem and the vehicle has to
towed inside the city again and it would take another 1.5-2hrs for the Tow
truck to arrive( information received from Customer service)

*Q. Is this the kind of service assistance you will provide to a customer
who is stranded on an highway with his family at night, can your customer
service personnel not be trained to handle emergencies in a better way and
empathise with the customer? would you accept this kind of treatment if it
were for your family?*

3. As we were stranded in the highway I requested your customercare to
arrange for an alternate vehicle for us to travel back to Bangalore as I
had an important meeting to attend at 8 am in the morning. At this point,
Instead of helping me out at that crucial moment your executive is striking
a bargain with me stating the company can bear the cost for only 50 kms and
then I have to bear the rest of the cost which was highly atrocious at that
juncture and even after agreeing to that he is informing me that they dont
have a stand by car and the cab has to arrive from Erode and would take 2
hrs for the car to reach and I have to bear the cost of my travel expenses
from Salem to Bangalore without even empathizing with the situation where
my family was left high and dry in the middle of the highway at night.

*The Standards of your customer service should be highly appreciated for
the bargain he was trying to strike at that hr, Imagine the amount of
tension we were in?*

4. Then your mechanic advised us to leave your car in Renault showroom in
Salem and from there they will manage to take the servicing part, and I
really was cornered to agree to this arrangement with the kind of help I
was received from your customercare. I requested the mechanic Mr. Diwakar
to accompany me till the Renault showroom in Three roads, Salem opposite to
Sharptronics showroom and we took the risk of driving the faulty vehicle
which is still under warranty and has not even touched 10,000 kms.

*Only assistance I got after an hour from your roadside assistance was the
mechanic who came and told us the vehicle has to be towed and he cannot fix
it? seriously?*

5. And I had to request and convince the watchman at that hr of night to
allow me to leave the vehicle inside your premises so that atleast it would
be safe.

6. I had to make arrangements on my own to travel back to Bangalore with my
family, as the assistance from your customercare was unimaginable and never
expected this from such a big company. ( It cost me more than 3k to return
back)

a) Towing vehicle would take 1.5 to 2 hrs for arrival
b) No Stand by cars to assist your customer
c) Cab would arrive from Erode after 2 hrs.
d) Striking a bargain for the charges to be borne by me wherein it was no
fault of mine and the vehicle is under warranty and not even 10,000 kms
completed.
e) I had to make arrangements for my travel back to Bangalore at the wee
hours of night with my family.
f) Am stuck with a situation where in my car is in Salem now I have to make
arrangements to get my car back .
g) Imagine the mental trauma me and my family members(ladies) had to go
through because of no fault of ours and such unfuctional assistance from
your customer care
Mr. Haribabu - 8754044584- Salem customer service manager, who did not
attend our calls when we needed his assistance the most.
h) I received a call, when I was in meeting and I was not able to speak to
your excutive, and I have received a generalized email stating we tried to
get in touch with you and we were unable to talk to you.
I) Being a customer, I have invested my hard earned money of around 6 lakhs
by looking at the reputation of your company and the the product I received
is faulty and service is sub standard.
j) Please replace the vehicle with a new non faulty vehicle or return us
the amount.
k) I cannot go through the trauma of risking my family's safety everytym
(as this is the second time am going through this on the highway within 5
months)

*P.S. And your person at the customer care is telling me he will give me
1000 rupees to travel back from Salem to Bangalore and he never gave us a
clear picture of how much would be the cost we have to bear if we exceed
the 50 kms. In bw a person named Siva kumar's (Salem contact person) number
was provided.*

The above was the incident which happened and after this there were replies from customercare which were generalized and not dealing with the depth of the problem and now they delivered my car on 19/09/2018 but with no response for the complaints about the customer service, even after I received my vehicle I have lost all the confidence to take the vehicle on any long trip and I dont see any confidence building motion through the company.

Kumar.

Sep 19, 2018

Worst car Renault Kwid Amt ( engine stoppage issue )

Dear Customer (Yahya156),

We would suggest you to please visit your nearest service center and they will surely help you with your concern. Feel free to contact our toll-free number ############or get back to us in case you face any issue in the interim.

MCD - Sewer Blockage - Sewage block
    I would like to draw your kind attention towards blocked...
    Oyo Rooms - Worst service on the last 3 bookings on Pine View Hotel
    Hello, Need full refund on my money for the...
    MAHINDRA XUV 500 W11 OPT - Going left heavily while driving
    Hello sir I own xuv 500 w11 model vehicle number (UP 78...
    Canara Bank - Savings account is debit by Canara Bank by Rs 1777.00
    Dear Sir, Account no: 0322XXXXXX047 My Savings...
    HITACHI E-SHOP(http://www.jci-hitachi.in/e-shop) - Delivery of my order
    Dear Shivam, Sorry for the inconvenience. Please share...
    Dish TV - Recharge not done
    I ve recharged my dish tv through dish tv app (online...
    Dezire research - Stock trading wrong commitment and looted
    Hi I have received a call for investment post which i...
    Fake calls - Getting Fake
    Recently bought TV from flipkart. After received TV the...
    Nta - wrong jee mains paper 2 rank
    Application no: 190310229900 DOB : 27/111/2001 Paper 2...
    ID DOPBNK - Fraud Message
    I have received following message from ID-DOPBNK on my...