Renault

Consumer complaints and reviews about Renault

Mar 15, 2019

Renault Selection Used Duster

Dear Amit,

Please check your private message and share the details for us to assist with your concern.
amit_25980

Mar 14, 2019

Renault Selection Used Duster

I bought a used Renault Duster from Renault Selection showroom in Whitefield Bangalore in September 2018. I was told that the vehicle has gone through 199 points inspection and I was provided with a 1 year warranty for the vehicle (attached).

I have been facing huge issues with this vehicle since last 6 months. In the last 6 months, this car has been sent to service center at least 6 times (may be more) and has been kept there for a total of ~15 days at least. Even now, the vehicle is lying in service center (AC was not working) and I am being told that some parts need to be replaced (Radiator Fan Motor, Relay, Resistor etc.) which will cost me ~30K and are not covered under warranty.

Below are some issues I have faced so far:

1. AC mode knob was not usable - replaced by service center last year - is not working again now

2. Wiper motor was making huge noise - left the car in service center 3 times for this issue. Finally, the motor was replaced

3. Vehicle steering not moving on left side - Power steering left side parts was replaced. I was told it was a major part costing 30-40k.

4. Noise coming when releasing clutch in stop and go traffic - Never corrected

5. Radiator fan stopped working (current issue) - they are asking around 30k for this.

6. Many other minor problems like noises from loose parts, from under the hood, driver seat moving etc.

I AM HIGHLY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS CAR AND REALLY REPENTING THE DECISION OF GOING WITH RENAULT.

Do they really do 199 points inspection before selling a used car? How can so many major parts get broken in such a short time if at all inspections were indeed done?

Please let me know how do I escalate this... I am willing to take up this matter to consumer court...

Dec 4, 2017

Dear Customer (shashidharpai),

We understand that the highlighted concern has been resolved up to your satisfaction. In case of any support required feel free to contact us at ############.

Nov 25, 2017

Dear Customer (shashidharpai),

shashidharpai

Nov 22, 2017

Regarding surprise gift

Alright I am writing this based on my bad experience
I am customer of Renault kwid.
I bought this vehicle in the month of May 2017.The buying experience. Was OK OK.
Then after playing 2 months I got call from reno customer care, to confirm my address, as they have surprise gift for me.so I was very excited about it.
However I waited , waited & waited, but not received any gift.
After 15 days I got another call from reno customer care, this was to confirm about gift delivery.
For which I clearly explain the so far not received anything, for which he assured it will be delivered to you shortly. Again they made me fool, no gift received nothing.
I thought it's just miscommunication & I forgot at everything.
Now last app 15 days before again I got call from Renault customer care, regarding address confirmation to delivery of gift, which I did.after that till today I have not received any gift.
With this I am totally disappointed and confused & having few quest tons?
1.somebody middle man eating my gifts.
2.is it getting delivered to wrong address
3.or all this is just marketing strategy from Renault to attract customers.

Please clarify...
Highly disappointed customer.
pradeepn47

Oct 28, 2017

Clatch plate damage

Brought Kwid 800 cc 2 months before...after use of 1 month clatch plate gone....how u people assure that your vehicle is quality model...we never seen any vehicles in India with one month period of clacth plate as Renault Kwid...You are not trust full at all you playing with middle class peoples by low cost low quality materials....

Pradeep N
snarayanan_kutty

Oct 17, 2017

Duster AWD -- Bread Pads Broken less than 15000 Kms

HI All,

I had purchased Duster AWD(KA-51-MJ-5719) from Trident Renault Silk Board Showroom last year on Sep 2016.I went for AWD since I was under the impression that it would be more robust to our Indian Conditions as I had a Dzire earlier and found myself in sticky situations when it rains in Bangalore.

I had visited the showroom last week for general checkup as I had plans to go to my home town for Diwali and the car had crossed 15000 Kms.I reached the Service center on Sunday and asked them if they can drop me to a nearby place -- the Service Engg responded it would not be possible as they dont have pickup and drop service on weekends,not sure why as most of them would drop theirs cars for service during weekends and not on weekdays. Unfortunately my 3G connection was down and I was unable to book a cab from there I did ask the showroom guys to provide me the Wifi details so i can book the cab -- again refused.I had to walk out of the showroom with my wife and 7 year old son and we waited for almost 30 minutes to get a cab -- Very Poor service and Zero Accountability.

Break Pads -- Broken:

Yesterday when my wife was trying to par the car the Back wheel on the right side got stuck and did not move,we called the Renault road side assistance and after 6 hours the Engg was able to remove the wheel and break housing and identify the issue,The car was towed to the Service centre today morning as the break pads were worn out -- not sure how the break pads can go bad within 15000 Kms is this something I've to change every year.

The Service Engg called me in the afternoon -- again no followup I called the Service center and hence the call back -- The service Engg informed me that the break pads have to be replaced at a cost of 6000 and it would take three days or more depending on the availability -- when i enquired why they didn't have stock for the break pads - he informed that for AWD they normally do not keep stock as the model is not doing good numbers(Very bad Sales pitch).

He also told me that we cannot use Duster AWD in rain or water or for offroading as this would affect the car -- Not sure then why i bought this vehicle -- this is an SUV Right?

As a whole -- the issues were not identified at the right time -- Poor Service.The product is of very poor quality as I've been using Maruthi cars for the last 15 years and not even once I had to replace the Break pads ,My Dzire when i had sold last year had run 40000 Kms -- and the breaks were just fine.

Conclusion:

Very Poor Product
Very Poor Service
I would never buy a Renault in my life nor will I allow the same for my friends and relatives.
Will stick to Maruthi -- atleast they dont lie about their products. What you See is what you get.
My Diwali is gone for a toss -- Thanks to Renault and its support.

Aug 11, 2017

cheated me by delivering defective duster rxs(p) cvt

Dear Adarsh Nayak

Your issue has been forwarded to the concerned team. We'll get in touch with you as soon as we have an update.
adarsh_nayak

Aug 9, 2017

cheated me by delivering defective duster rxs(p) cvt

I have taken delivery of the new car Duster RXS(P) CVT (KA51 MK 7301) on 2nd August 2017 from dealer Trident Renault silk Board Bangalore.

Five minutes after we left your showroom car started showing ABS warning light. Suddenly break started malfunctioning and after some time breaks not at all working and was very horrible experience in heavy traffic with my family along with 7 days newborn in car.
Some how we reached home and informed dealer to tow the car back. Next day technical person came and checked and told every thing is fine.

Next day car started spilling oil in parking and car was not in drive able position so we asked the dealer to Tow the vehicle again and from that day it is in service station till now.
We asked the dealer(Prathap) to replace or reimburse the as they delivered defective car but they are not agreeing for it telling Renault don't have any such policy . Even We are not getting any support from Renault .

So finally we have hired a lawyer and will approach consumer forum now.

Renault has first time released the CVT in duster which is having major ABS issue. it took 3, 4 days for service team to find the issue.

So please be careful while purchasing CVT model in DUSTER. You will not get any support from Renault.

Adarsh Nayak
+91 9900072762

May 18, 2017

Dear Shreeshan,

We haven’t heard from you. Kindly share your contact details in a private message & our team shall get in touch with you for assistance in this regards.

May 17, 2017

Dear Shreeshan,

kindly share your contact details and concern on [email protected] with your ticket number (5463) in the subject line and our team shall get in touch with you shortly.
shreeshan

May 16, 2017

Car design issue

My duster SUV adventure series as problem from day 1, some times it speed up by it self without touching accelerator, I have demonstrated this to service center specialist, they have accepted and says this is due to turbo charged diesel technology.
Within 3rd month it accelerated by it self and before I realized I went hit the another car in front of me.
It is really stress full to drive in traffic as it is erratic. This dangerous and un predictable.
drvhmn

Jul 25, 2015

Renault Lodgy steering wheel got locked after 7 days from purchased date and no proper response from Renault India. Worst After sales support from Renault India.

NON RELIABLE CAR IN THE MARKET, after 7 days steering wheel gets locked then imagine how sub-standard is this vehicle. There no respect to Customer's life.

This is newly launched vehicle and the steering wheel locked after 7 days of purchase this is a high severity issue. My whole family got escaped from crashing. Even after explaining such a high severity issue to Renault there is no proper response. They don't respect customer's life, they are just money minded.

I bought Renault Lodgy RxL Diesel version 25 days ago. I was travelling with my whole family to Mysore and the Steering wheel got totally jammed. Luckily escaped from crashing another car at highway. I called up the customer care for Road side assistance and there was no proper response, hence I have to arrange transport for my family and reached home @12 midnight.My whole family's life was at risk.

I had taken it to Service centre @Mysore. The service center guys were very rude and denied to repair it as i bought in Bangalore. I have personally towed it to Bangalore service center. The service center guys told me there is a manufacturing defect. I requested them to give the Renault contact details to report this, as its high severity issue, but they did not give me any contact details.Even I have lodged complaint to customer care and sent a mail to them. Till now there is no proper response from Renault.

To fix the problem of the car they have taken more than 15days. Still now no proper response from Renault. The after sales is worst and did not expect this from such a renowned automobile company. I am not sure of the car stability and reliability.

1. Steering wheel locked after 7days of purchase
2. No proper response from Renault
3. No contact details of Renault in the website
4. There is no respect for Customer's life..
jtomer

Jun 16, 2015

Car gear faulty

Hello ,

My complaint is regarding the Renault duster car which has a faulty gear. whenever I press the accelerator the gear shits ahead and back and gives a feel that its all wrong with gear.
I have driven many cars but no such fault came or seen by not just me but all my dear ones who have car.

Now I wanted this faulty gear to be corrected or replaced with the new one.

This is just like you provide a Quality product but give a poor impression with some parts of car which cannot be compromised.

Do reach me on Email iD : [email protected] for replying.

I had even took this to service centre but that guy told that it is usual with all duster car. If this is the case then I would like to send back my car to renault . I do no need such faulty car.

Jayant

SBI EPAY - payment pending in TNUSRB applicaion
    Hi sbiepayteam, I have appiled tnusrb exam...
    Pan card - PAN CARD NOT RECIEVED
    SIR,MAINE NEW PANCARD KA APPLY KIYA THA,JISKA APPLICATION...
    Airtel - Airtel — number not active after switching from post...
    I had given a request to change my post paid airtel...
    sukanya samriddhi yojana - SBI staff member - not opening account
    Hi, From past few weeks i am trying to open SSY account...
    DUNKIRK LINE POST OFFICE - Delivered my parcel to wrong address in pune by high level...
    Hi friends I am WHO authorised acute emergency specialist...
    Medlfie.com - Not refunding money
    I wanted to bring into your notice that Medlife customer...
    DIMC NEW DELHI 110002 - Not delivered
    My courier ID RB613957825SG is not yet delivered and its...
    Idea - Not able to make and receive calls
    My Idea mobile number is 9948010028. From past one week...
    Airtel - Customer care
    Despite so many attempt unable to reach the customer care,...
    Stray dog - Stray dog residing in the area for more than 1 month
    Stray dog , photo attached has been here for the last more...