Shine.com

Punjab

Consumer complaints and reviews about Shine.com

thekamalsingh

Sep 16, 2020

Job Fraud and scam by shine jobs

I received a call from a Shine Jobs Representative on 30-May-2019 exaggerating that they're the number one job portal in India & will help me get a good job with their "Resume Booster" Service and convinced me to pay Rs. 4,696.00/- for the same on 30-May-2019. At the time I was jobless and fell into their trap.

The next day (31-May-2019) I received a call from a supervisor who was my exclusive accounts manager for securing a job; he started convincing me to buy their products. He told me the "Resume Booster" alone is not sufficient and the recruiters look for other important credentials like my verified work history, my verified qualification, a good visual resume, and an application highlighter etc.

I was so stupid and the guy was so cunning, he got me into making payments one by one for his services saying this alone will be a waste of money and I must pay for his next service only then I can land a job. I made the stupidest mistake of my life paying him Rs. 50,500.82/-

The description of payments is made is as follows:
• Application Highlighter, Portfolio Writing: Rs. 17,935.00/-
• Visual Resume for Experienced Professionals: Rs. 13,256.82/-
• Education Verification Service: Rs. 8,495.00/-
• Employment Verification Service: Rs. 6,118.00/-
• Featured Profile, Resume Booster: Rs. 4,696.00/-
• Total: Rs. 50,500.82/-

After the payments there was no follow-up from them and the responses that I received on emails were not satisfactory. Since then I have been trying to claim refund on calls or emails but there has been no answer. Rather, shine jobs is linked with scammers / fraudsters as one day I got a call from a person claiming to be from shine refund department with all my details. He sent me a link to a fake website looking like shine jobs and asked me to write my card details there for verification purpose so that he could initiate the refund. But I was fortunate to spot the scam and confronted him; he was all laughing saying how I spotted him.

All the jobs that I’ve received in this one year are all irrelevant (not matching my profile at all) and at irrelevant places. My preferred job location was Delhi/Chandigarh & they were sending jobs for Mumbai, Chennai etc. Even though I corrected them of my job profile and location many times on call but they never fixed it.

This instance had a very negative impact on my mind as I had no courage to tell my family and friends of my stupidity paying them whooping Rs. 50,500.82/- Ever since then I am feeling cheated and ashamed my myself.

Please help me claim refund of my hard earned money.

Name: Kamaldeep Singh