Sony India

Consumer complaints and reviews about Sony India

Rahulsgk

Feb 19, 2019

I WANT MY PHONE TO BE REPLACED

I bought a new sony xperia xa1 ultra on 22nd March 2018. I have been facing issues ever since day 1. On installing the update which I received, the camera quality was completely lost. The swipe to attend calls started working as per the phones wish. Due to my busy schedule, I couldnt take it to a service center. The issue was never resolved but I adapted. In the third month, one fine morning a white patch appeared on the right side of the screen right above the volume button. Though I neglected it, the dot started growing big to a big yellowish patch. i then took my phone to the service center, who replaced the screen. On inspecting the phone after service, i found that the back case had a crack which was brought into the notice of the service personnel who gracefully made a note of. Please dont forget that, the swipe issue and camera quality concern persisted and no noticeable change has happened even after a s/w re installation at the service center. In the last week, I again noticed the same white dot, which grew gradually to a big yellowish round patch. Very similar or exactly the same as the one which I described of in my first case. I have given the phone at the service center on the 22nd of January 2019. I have been using Sony ever since 2004. I started with P900, moved on to P990i, XPeria M, Xperia L and finally XPERIA XA1 ULTRA. I have never had such a bad experience with Sony. I am pretty sure that the issue would pop up after a couple of weeks and I would be out of warranty by then. Havent yet received my phone even after a month at the service center. I have lost faith in them. I however have filed a complaint at the consumer court here in Kerala and very determined to fight them legally and make SONY pay for all the loses which incurred.
faizuddinfaizi

Aug 9, 2018

rude behaviour of the employees

I want to buy the sony TV and went to the shop Aarav -sony Lajpat Nagar, but the reluctant manager denies to do the billing as they want to leave home although there was good 50 minutes to close, even they are not responding properly on phone.

Sir, This is first time i am buying the sony product and i am very dissapointed
chandrikan

Jul 17, 2018

SOny audio and DVD player repair

Dear SIr

Its been nearly two months since we have given two of our SONY products for repair but no action or response is heard till date. The wait is turning frustrating now. The Sony showroom office at UDUPI, KARNATAKA, 576102 is unable to handle this problem. Our blueray dvd player and also the audio player is in their custody for the last TWO MONTHS.
Please do the needful urgently.
rahpar4787

Jul 14, 2018

Display Issue with my Sony Bravia KDL-42W700B INC5 18618301

I have logged multiple cases with sony and was informed that i may need to change the entire mother board which cost me 8576/- (PFA invoice and CASH/CHEQUE receipt for the same) which was shocking for me, but i have to do that as there was no other option left.

And now after 7 moths of service when the issue started again I have to go back to the vendor named Krish Electronics to check for this issue.

Details :-

1. Called logged to Krish Electronics :- 2.09 PM 27th June 18 (Was assured that engineer will visit us on 28/6/18 evening)
2. Followed up on 28th June 18 4.34 PM again i was assured that engineer Mahesh will visit us.
3. Engineer didn't turned up on 28th June 18
4. Called Krish Electronics :- 12.22 PM 29th June 18 (Was assured that engineer will visit us on 29/6/18 evening)
5. Called Krish Electronics :- 5.46 PM 29th June 18 (Engineer is in Kandivali West he will come at our place by 7 PM )
6. Called Krish Electronics :- 6.54 PM 29th June 18 (Engineer is stuck and he will come at our place by 8 PM)
7. Engineer called me at 7.02 PM and stated that he will come by 8.30 PM.
8. At 8.45 I called the engineer and he said he is near by my place he will come in 15 min ie 9.00 PM 29th June 18
9. Engineer finally landed at 9 PM and with 1 min he said that display is not working you need to change the display which will cost me approx 19,000 /- Rs.
10. I demanded the customer satisfaction report sheet from him which he said that there is no such thing with sony service.

This is quite frustrating, i have bought one of the expensive brand in the market which cost me more when i compare with other products and i get such a pathetic service.

I am using sony products for more than 20 years i have not experience such thing in my entire 19 years.

And more over unfortunately i have one more product for Sony Bravia which was recently (mostly 3 months ago) repaired which was having same display issue.(You can get the details in your DB for this)
sanju.adv

Jun 27, 2018

Mental harassment from 20 days on failure to correct problem in LCD/TV

I have purchased Sony LED in 2015 for Rs 30,000.
On 08th June 2018, my LCD/TV got faulty.
I have registered complaint with Sony TV customer care on (complaint no. 47861634). After various requests technician visited on 09th June and he confirmed that mother board is faulty and same needs to be replaced. On his suggestion, I have asked him to order the mother board immediately. Nearly after 10 days of follow up, I was informed that order has been cancelled due to non-availability of mother board. However, on 22.06.2018, I received a call from Technician of Sony Service Center that they have got mother board and will come for replacement on 26.06.2018.
This time Sony Service Center have sent a new technician to replace motherboard, but I was utterly shocked when this technician told me that there is no need to replace the motherboard as it is perfectly fine. According to the technician, TV panel needs to be replaced not motherboard. He confirmed me that he will arrange Sony Center vehicle to take the LCD today itself (i.e. 26th June 2018).
Now after 20 days of consistent follow up with Sony customer care and Sony Service Center, after consistent mental harassment, wastage of my office time, I am told on evening of 27.06.2018, that they cannot confirm when my TV will be taken to service center.
I don’t know when technical fault in my LCD/TV will be corrected. But the wonderful experience, I had with Sony in recent times, I promise not to purchase any Sony product and will suggest same to everyone by sharing my experience with evidence. I will try to share my experience in social media (facebook etc) as people should be aware that what mental harassment and false commitments they will get if they purchase Sony product. I was forced to record the telephonic conversations which I had with customer care representatives, that shows how false commitments are made and now same needs to be made public.
xara

May 21, 2018

Replacement of TV

I had logged a complaint (Service Request 46746926) on 1800 103 7799 on 10 APRIL, 2018 for my television purchased in November, 2016 which is within the 2 year warranty. The technician confirmed a panel problem on 12 APRIL, 2018 for which I have a copy of the signed job sheet. After many calls, a replacement set was confirmed as the panel could not be replaced. I signed an indemnity form which confirmed a replacement TV on 07 MAY, 2018, and was told that the new TV would be delivered within 4 days. It has been 2 weeks since and there is still no replacement. Now, I am being forced to accept what I did not sign for after being kept waiting for over 1 month because the replacement set was not available.
The service centre does not seem to have any answers and no one has called regarding the delay.
Vvshinde.wda

May 13, 2018

Delay in installation

Delay in Service for Installation of Product

Recently I bought the Sony TV from TATA chrome at season’s mall Pune on May 09, 2018 vide invoice no.SLA############. But till this date, no technitian has visited to install the tv. My excitement for new product purchased is now just a piece of frustration and constant follow ups with the customer care without a valid response.as I think for the brand that Sony has; their commitment towards their customers is equally flawed. I am reconsidering my choice on the brand and determinated to return the unit if it doesnt get installed in the next 36 hours.

All other brand technitian visited on Sunday to install the product except from Sony TV. When inquired i was told that They work on weekdays from 10 to 5 pm only. Given that My office hours are 9 am to 6 pm, god knows on which day my tv will be installe. under these circumstances from Sony service providers, i dont feel considered as a customer, let alone thinking of satisfaction from the purchase.

Neha shinde
Vvshinde.wda

May 13, 2018

Delay in installation of sony tv

Delay in Service for Installation of Product

Neha shinde

All apps are not.working

I have sony 40 inch tv KLV-40W562D and i have recently changed my motherboard dur to some issues had occured in motherboard after 5 months again problem occured all apps are not working why soo u have to visit my house check my problem without any cost it should be free because i have recently changed my motherboard then also this problem occured
babu thekkan

pathetic service from staffs

i've purchased an android tv(X75E series) from a showroom in trivandrum(located in qrs square) .
I regret to inform you that the television I bought from your showroom on 23 dec, 2017 has not been working well.
we've registered the complaint on 20th april 2018. we've been calling the customer care almost everyday.
we've not received proper response from the staffs.
we would like to get it replaced or repaied immediately.
hope you would do the needfull at the earliest.
babu thekkan

pathetic service

we've not received proper response from the staffs.
we would like to get it replaced or repaied immediately.
hope you would do the needfull at the earliest.
aasifmd

May 7, 2018

Pathetic Service

I have purchase 15 days age one Home theater IV300 from Great Eastern , Burdwan . But burdwan service center, Neosa Electronics (P) Ltd ,Sangha Sripally, burdwan, don't want to install on Sunday. He told me sunday is holiday so we have not arrange any engineer . On this regards I contact to sony customer care through sony chat , representative (Mr. Vijay) written sunday is not possible due to holiday and you can return your product and buy other as per his chat message . Really pathetic service given by sony.

If somebody have not any time to installation on weekday he don't buy Sony product as per customer care representative view. I thought return my sony home theater to retailer and buy lg product. They have fer better service provide compare by sony. Also I decided to never ever purchase sony product in my life. Really 3 class customer support team behaveyer.
gova88

Nov 17, 2017

led tv

I have bad experience facing Sony andharpradesh kurnool servicing centre we are irrreposbule answering my Sony LED TV problem solving kurnool servicing centre manager Rsmanarao and his employes is talking with me so hard and irresponsbule. kindly action to kurnool LED TV servicing center
My Address
R.Govardhan
Hindupur
Anantupur (Dis)
Andhrapradesh
pratibha.kudva

Oct 28, 2017

Pathetic service of sony tv repair services

I have been following up for 3 days now to get a tehnician visit to service sony bravia tv. While waiting the condition of tv is going worse but customercare only pushes off yhe complaint saying it will be communicated to relevant ageby or center and someone will visit. Customer service is pathetic and it really puts off anyone from buying sony products.
Waqasmohd18

Ip Banned

rishimish

Aug 24, 2017

Pathetic service of PS4 Gaming Console

I bought PS4 which is 13 month old Now warrantee is over just 1 month back. I have desposited the Product at NRI electronic Ghaziabad for Repair, but it is really unfortunate & zero support. After so many followup no response I launched four Complaint at customer care.
After rigorous followup the Service center came back with 50% cost towards the replacement I asked what is the basis they said this is what we have communication.

I asked the Proforma Invoice or any back to get the assurance that whatever they are charging is Genuine till date no response.
So I will tell you dont even look for the product whose service is zero.
This shows very poor service rendered by Sony and also the sub standard quality of their products. At this juncture, I am even thinking of throwing the gaming console in the dustbin so please decide before about services before buying the Sony Product..
Praveena318

Jun 13, 2017

SONY Braia 4KHDR TV not working after 20minutes of installation

Hello everyone!! I would like to share my recent experience with SONY.
My Dad is a huge fan of SONY products, like every fan he had all the entertainment units from SONY.

Before 2 decades he purchased SONY WEGA and its a real mind blower that not once it went out of work!!

We finally convinced him to buy the latest LED/smart TV (eventhough WEGA is good as new) and purchased SONY Bravia 4K HDR TV.

Out of shock, the TV wasnt working just after 30minutes of installation.

We tried to reach the Dealer for the issue, contacted the customer support team and registered the complaint.

Then out of frustration I sent out an email a couple of days later to sony centre.

My expectation was they provided a defect product and they should have replaced it.

But out of surprise, people from customer service told me "We cant promise you anything or give a word or commitment on that".

Well, the regional office people sent service personnels couple of days and tested if they could bring it back on but everything went in vain.

Later service center executives told me "Sorry mam, we give service level of support only, for replacement we are not responsible".

When I contacted my Dealer he told me "We are in process of your replacement but approval request has to be completed from Sony".

As far as I observed, nobody is ready to take responsibility and they are not ready to give a commitment.

For god sake, it was just 20minutes the TV functioned and I had to make 100's of calls already to get things done.

With this kinda support and response, I'm afraid that I made the worst decision buying from SONY.
mohandbr

Apr 27, 2017

Dont buy sony mobile

I bought a Xperia c4 on Jan-2016.after three months touch issue occurred I went to the nearest service center which is located in Vadapalani.After fixing the issue again power off problem arises within 60-70 days of services.again and again, the same problem was repeated. At the end of jan-2017, I went service center four times for service the same mobile. In meanwhile I asked them to raise the complaint about the mobile replacement.But they assure me that the same problem will not repeat again if it is repeated they will raise the issue to sony to take necessary step fix it.But within 50 days of the last service, the same problem occurred. I was really disappointed and went to service center they refused what they said and they need to charge to fix the issue because of the warranty expired.I already ask the mobile replacement in warranty period if they give in that time this will not happen to me.

here I mention the job sheet id's

1. w############
2. w############
3. w############
4. w############
5. w############

They did not take necessary action. There is no integrity with them.Better avoid Sony products..
adharia1

Mar 31, 2017

Sony

Sony is duping people in name of servicing their product. I almost got cheated of 50k when my TV screen was giving me a problem I reaised a complaint at their call center vide service request number 38538828 , wherein their engineer came to see the TV, took two hundered rupees from me and told me the Panel has gto be replaced which will cost me 48k. Then I recieved call from thier service center asking me to deposit 37k to order the new panel.
I was lucky to call our local TV repair shop who made it working again in 2k only. I had a horrifying week and experience dealing with Sony.
adharia1

Mar 31, 2017

Duping people

Sony service center tried duping me by claiming that the Panel has got spoilt and needs to be replaced. . In regards to my complaint service request number 38538828, their registered engineer took two hundered rupees for coming home and seeing the TV and telling me lies that the panel is spoilt. Then they asked me to deposit 37K in advance and get the new panel which would cost me 48K. Thank fully to the local TV technician I was able to get the TV working back in 2K.
It amazing how such renowned brand is cheating people.
singhsar

Jan 5, 2017

DVD CD rom not opening

I have registered the complain regarding my DVD CD ROM whcih is not opening for XYZ reason. The complain number is 37240181.
I have been told by Mr Sumit that there will only visit charges of INR 200 and if the person changes any part, you have to pay for that.

When the service person came and repaired the DVD he asked us to Pay service charges of INR 450, which Mr Sumit never told me in our communication.

After a little argument the person settles down to over all charges of INR 500. This means there is no service charges company is paying other wise he would have never agree to take less money.

If any manager reads this complain please give me a feedback at [email protected]
Brajbhushan2000

Dec 20, 2016

My LC D Screen has become cloudy and this has deteriorated the display

We purchased Sony LCD EX 300 TV in July-2010 by paying INR 38000/-. In Sep-2016, we found that there is cloudy development at our LCD screen. We complained this to Sony. They generated a complaint Ticket Number 34546184 dated 13th September 2016. This ticket was assigned to Start Electronics, Delhi. An engineer visited from STAR Electronics and said that we shall change the display screen and this will cost around Rs 16-20000/-. They said they will submit their report to Sony about it. We were actually surprised hearing this as we did nothing wrong with TV and this was a case of poor product design and delivery. Anyway after many days, as Start Electronics engineer said, we waited sony to revert. Unfortunately, we did not hear anything from Sony. After waiting for long, we reported this matter again on 11th Decemebr 2016 with Sony and in turn they again assigned another ticket number 36804774. This ticket was again assigned to Star Electronics and they send same engineer who after visit said the same story. Sony is known for their product robustness, how come they are asking for another Rs 20000/- when their product has become faulty on its own. Sony shall replace this faulty product with new one or shall give a new product on some buy back option. We need reply before taking this to consumer forum.

Braj Bhushan Singh
Mobile: 9899702158
mohit gautam abcde100

Nov 29, 2016

repairs

i am using sony M4 AQUA (MODEL E2363)my phone was physically damaged 3 days ago and its under warranty period.i have gone to sony service center in Shillong and they told me that this phone is only replaceable not repairable. they are giving me options for replacement of mobile handset worth rupees 56000 irrespective of attending my complaint.
how this can be possible for a company who is selling a mobile phone worth rupees approx 20000 and its unrepairable.
cont no. 9717618107
please handle my complaint as early as poosible because my warranty period is upto 5 december 2016.
pduur

Nov 9, 2016

LED SOUND NIT WORKING

This is to inform you that I have purchased a LED 41 D 32inch before two month from your dealer City Point faridkot but now am facing a problem in output of home theater port .home theater port is not working & USB also not working & am many time visted at dealer point but still my problem is not resolve .
Request you please check on urgent basis.
Please do the need full

Prem kumar
cont-8699150001
pduur

Nov 9, 2016

LED SOUND NIT WORKING

Request you please check on urgent basis.
Please do the need full
Prem Kumar
con-8699150001
Faridkot

SBI EPAY - payment pending in TNUSRB applicaion
    Hi sbiepayteam, I have appiled tnusrb exam...
    Pan card - PAN CARD NOT RECIEVED
    SIR,MAINE NEW PANCARD KA APPLY KIYA THA,JISKA APPLICATION...
    Airtel - Airtel — number not active after switching from post...
    I had given a request to change my post paid airtel...
    sukanya samriddhi yojana - SBI staff member - not opening account
    Hi, From past few weeks i am trying to open SSY account...
    DUNKIRK LINE POST OFFICE - Delivered my parcel to wrong address in pune by high level...
    Hi friends I am WHO authorised acute emergency specialist...
    Medlfie.com - Not refunding money
    I wanted to bring into your notice that Medlife customer...
    DIMC NEW DELHI 110002 - Not delivered
    My courier ID RB613957825SG is not yet delivered and its...
    Idea - Not able to make and receive calls
    My Idea mobile number is 9948010028. From past one week...
    Airtel - Customer care
    Despite so many attempt unable to reach the customer care,...
    Stray dog - Stray dog residing in the area for more than 1 month
    Stray dog , photo attached has been here for the last more...