The Dental Lounge

Consumer complaints and reviews about The Dental Lounge

Bhavana Mehta

Jan 13, 2021

Negligence and Deficiency in services

I, Mrs. Bhavna Mehta, visited Dr. Rachana Khot (Regd. No. A-6736) who runs a clinic by the name 'The Dental Lounge' located at D/16, Shailesh Apartments, S.V.P. Road, Next to Sudhir Phadke Flyover, Borivali (West), Mumbai 400103 for dental treatment. Before visiting her, I already had done root canal of my teeth and had to fit the cap over them. However, after examining one tooth she said that she will do re-root canal of that very tooth and then will fix the cap over it. I asked her to directly fit the cap as I had already done root canal just a few days back but she insisted that it was necessary and she would not proceed to fixing the cap without doing re-root canal and I obliged to her advice because I wanted to fit the cap and wanted to get my teeth in proper condition. She did the re-root canal only out of pure greed for money. While doing the re-root canal, she broke my tooth and I felt severe pain so I asked her about it and then she told me to completely pull out the tooth. Again I was in no state of objecting to her due my critical situation so I had to oblige. I suffered total loss of my tooth due to her greed for money and negligence while working. Yet I have paid her full amount of Rs. 15,000/- for the above things as and when she demanded. Thereafter for the other teeth, she said that she will have to fix a cap by bridging it over multiple teeth. Inspite of my suggestion to cap only the affected tooth, she insisted on the bridge. She mentioned a total amount of Rs. 35,000/- for a cap of bridging 4 teeth out of which, I paid Rs. 10,000/- in advance. She took the measurement of the teeth, made the cap and also tried to fit it but it was not properly fit and I did not get the bite as I should when the teeth are in proper alignment which proved that the cap was not made of proper measurement. She started filing my tooth again and tried to fit the cap only in vain. Thereafter, she filed my tooth further and then in the middle of filing, all of a sudden, she left the work, went into her cabin, closed the door and spoke to someone on call. It very much seemed like she has done some mistake and became tensed and afraid. After coming out, she took measurement of my teeth again and told me to come back after four days for fitting the cap. I agreed to it hoping that my teeth would be treated well and I would be able to eat properly once again. Suddenly, out of the blue she asked me to make the remaining full payment of Rs. 25,000/- immediately and threatened to stop my treatment. She also told her staff to stop my work immediately. I told her very politely that she had not told me to make any payment at that time so I did not carry that much money, However, I will ask my husband and if possible, I will pay by the end of the day. So she immediately started yelling and talking very harshly, told me to get out of the clinic. Very politely, again I reminded her that I have always made payments in the past as and when she demanded and I will do so even now amidst the pending treatment for which I have already made advance payment of Rs. 10,000/-. Inspite of being so kind, polite and considerate, and agreeing to make the timely payment, she told me that she will not take my treatment any further and her staff also threw away the material by which she had taken the new measurement. She also went outside her cabin and started yelling at my daughter who was waiting outside and started abusing her. Upon my objecting to such harsh and threatening behaviour and leaving my treatment in the middle she called her husband Dr, Anil Khot (Regd. No. A-6735) who I had never before met in my etnire life. He came and abused me, called me mentally sick and said that I needed mental treatment, was laughing at my helplessness and was ruefully threatening me again. He told my husband to take me to a mental hospital for treatment and was laughing at all our faces when we reminded him of the oath of service to humankind that they take at the time of becoming a doctor. They clearly said that this happens frequently with many patients and they don't care and are not afraid of anyone or anything and they are sure that no action will be taken against them because they are doctors. to our utter digust, the attitude of both the doctors brings shame to the medical profession. To think of the reason for such behaviour, it is clear that they were not capable of giving proper treatment and wanted the money which they did not deserve. This is not acceptable and they should be severely punished for such acts.

I would like to bring to your notice the following points :
1. That I have made full payments for al the prior services rendered upto the amount of Rs. 15,000/- for the re-root canacl and pulling out my tooth which broke during the treatment due to her negligence of work which has caused me a permanent loss and damage
2.. That pending the treatment of the cap, I paid Dr. Rachana Khot Rs. 10,000/- in advance and by accepting that amount she started the work of fitting the cap on my teeth and till then she had not demanded full payment in advance regarding the fitting of the cap.
3. Suddenly in the middle of work she left the work, went into the cabin and spoke to someone and then came out to take new measurement. This act creates clear suspicion of some mistake made by her side.
4. After starting the work and then causing the suspicious scenario, suddenly she demanded full payment from me, for which I agreed.
5. Inspite of politely agreeing to make full payment, she threatened me and denied to provide me any further treatment. This behavior and act is again highly suspicious which adds to my earlier doubt.
6. She has caused a permanent loss and damage to my teeth and has left my treatment from middle because of which I am not able to chew my food and eat properly.
7. She has caused me a lot of physical and mental stress and trauma due to her unacceptable rude and harsh behaviour and by not completing the treatment thereby causing a deficiency in service to be rendered.
8. Her husband, Dr. Anil Khot has attempted to damage my reputation and being by abusing me and calling me a person of unsound mind and mental sickness.
9. Both the doctors threatened my daughter (who is not their patient) for no reason at all and involved her in this.
10. The only reason to think of such unacceptable behaviour seems to be to cover up for some mistake caused by their side for which they were trying to circle around it by causing unnecessary havoc and mess for no reason at all.

I hereby request you to take the necessary action against these two doctors and to cancel their license of medical practice.

Bhavana Mehta