TIKONA Broadbank Services

lokeshsv

Sep 14, 2013

Call for payment recovery and threat of non bailable arrest warrent

Hi Tikona,

My name is Lokesh and i had Tikona broadband service with (Tikona UID 1106923676). I am current in Netherlands and had placed the request for disconnecting Tikona broadband in March, 2013.

Yesterday, my parents received a call from High court lawyer Shalini (ph number 9212467637) stating that Tikona has filed a case against me in Delhi High Court and I have to appear there in person or do an out of court settlement immediately. My parents and Sister were threatened that a non bailable arrest warrant will be issued against me and i will be arrested as soon as I come back to India.

In order to not inconvenience my family, i spoke to the lady over phone and made a payment of 6555 where as techncially i was not supposed to pay anything as the delay was caused by Tikona in disconnecting the services. this post/ complaint is my strong protest about the practices followed and the harassment TIKONA has caused to me and my family.

I had placed my request for disconnection of services on 12th of March, 2013. i had received a confirmation on mail on 13th of March that the request was in progress and will be processed in 5 days.

With reference to your email and as per our telephonic conversation, disconnection request which was given on 13/03/2013 is in progress. We will call and update you on the status of your account.Please be informed that the disconnection of the account will be processed with in 5days.

However, the connection was not disconnected and i got my bill for April. when i contacted TIKONA again, they sent me a new mail stating that

With reference to your email and as per our telephonic conversation, disconnection request which was given on 1/4/2013 is in progress. We will call and update you on the status of your account.Please be informed that the disconnection of the account will be processed shortly.

I have regularly followed up in April to ensure that disconnection was completed and no additional charges were there. i demanded an explanation on why i was getting overdue alerts where as I was being asked to pay the bill for tikona's fault of delaying the disconnection. however, i kept getting replies over mail that the disconnection is in progress and was getting bills till June. the last bill still mentions that i need to pay 1500.

Now, they have taken Rs. 6555 after threatening my family that i will be arrested and will have to go through court procedures. This is completely unprofessional and unethical way of working. I need a detailed explanation and my money back.

Lokesh S V