Times Of India

Consumer complaints and reviews about Times Of India

Aug 2, 2020

updating of new address, email id etc

In spite of repeated request updating of my new address, name, e-mail id has not been done causing delay in payment of renewal of subscription. Requesting intervention of some senior level Manager of your department to sort out this issue at the earliest.

Prabir Pratihar
virender197378

Sep 3, 2019

Non Acceptance of Subscription coupons

It is to state that I have subscribed The Times of India newspaper under the scheme DEA15TDM vide ID 35232848. These coupons were given to the vendors. But now he has returned saying that these coupons are not being accepted by your Times of India.
My address is as follows:

Virender Kumar
House No. 168, Pocket-13
Sector-22 Rohini
New Delhi-110086
Deepanshu Bansal

Aug 18, 2019

Bad service of newspaper vendor

I am a resident of Sector-11 Rohini Delhi. I have subscribed for Navbharat Times from my local newspaper vendor. The vendor does not deliver the newspaper on time, and charges us a service fee of Rs.20 every month (apart from the newspaper charges). The newspaper is delivered after 9 am everyday, when most of us have left for office. the vendor says that he cannot deliver the newspaper earlier due to shortage of deliver boys. He has been saying this for last couple of years. The entire colony is frustrated with his service and attitude.
The vendor's name is Golu News Agency. He has a monopoly in the colony and does not allow any other vendor to work here.

We request you to talk to the newspaper vendor regarding improving his service.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Deepanshu
sureshgr12

Nov 11, 2018

Subscription not issued

Following up with multiple complaint numbers for yearly subscription 0001645645 / 0001647115, its been assured from 14th october 2018, unable to contact both vendor and toi helpdesk 04445457979 .

could some one from customer care assist ,
Kumar Satheesh Nair

Sep 23, 2017

Page layout

Sir, I wanted to send this complaint only to Times of India. However while searching to register the complaint I am directed to this site and hence registering it here.

MY COMPLAINT/GRIEVANCE TO BE HEARD BY TIMES OF INDIA

Reading TOI has become a very irritating experience and a cumbersome task - not because of its content, but because of the unnecessary pull outs, half cut sheets, disgusting protruded sheets etc. When can I get back the good old reading experience? The pages should be cut uniformly to enable easy reading. I think no body has ever bothered to know how your readers perceive this. Kindly stop this harassment once and for all. I shall be glad if you treat this as a well meaning suggestion from my end to my beloved newspaper. Many of my friends and colleagues are also having the same feeling. Hope you will kindly do the needful at the earliest.

Kumar Satheesh Nair
Naresh Kumar Dhariwal

Sep 12, 2017

Non receipt of times of India news paper

I have not been received my regular news paper Times of India for last four days. It happens very often. There must be a frequent check on vendors. plz intervene.
Naresh kumar
801 , sector 62
Faridabad
HARSH KAKAR

Jul 1, 2017

Non receipt of coupons for newspaper subscription

I had taken one year subscription of TImes of India news paper and given cheque 191202 dt. 9.1.2017 to representative in name of Bennet Coleman. The cheque has been encashed but no subscription notice or coupons for newspapers have been received. I have not been getting newspapers against the said coupon.
poonam krishan

Jan 6, 2017

not suppling papers

i have subscribe news papers combo paying though ch.subscriber id 35533831 1. 12 2016
i am not recving papers 7th dec lodged complaint 2 times group tel no 66111255 complaint no 1350862
daily calling abt 10 e mails sent reqst to forum 2 take action me &my wife living alone of age 68&63 years
Dev_Kumar

Jun 28, 2016

Monthly Subscription Not Started

Hi All,
I had issued a check in month of April, 2016 for one year subscription in advance & the same was cleared from my account. Post clearance the check I got a message from DM-TOICRM stating that “Dear subscriber, thank you for subscribing to THE TIMES OF INDIA. Your subscription no is 0034911986”.

Also, I had lodge a complaint onto your customer care, where I got a reference number which is "1277437"

But till today, I have not received my monthly coupon and still awaiting for newspaper. I am so worried that for starting my monthly subscription I am following through customer care or online complaint. How, will be your service post resolution of this issue?
neuro

Feb 16, 2016

Non delivery of newspaper at new address

Times of India newspaper Subscription No. : 34406612

Asked for a change of address on 16th December 2015 as i have shifted to a new address but till date have not receiving paper.

I have called the customer care, they have filed a complaint but no one has responded yet.

I am really disappointed with the attitude of TOI people about their customers.
vkkasera

Jun 11, 2015

VENDOR CHARGING EXTRA MONEY VENDOR CHARGING MORE

I regret to inform you that your VENDOR MR. VINOD supplying your newspaper TIMES OF INDIA AND ECONOMIC TIMES in DEEPALI, PITAMPURA, DELHI 110034 area is charging more from me and other residents of our colony and when I refused to pay him more than the due amount, he has stopped supplying both these newspapers to me from today. Please take suitable action against him and arrange for some other Vendor for our colony so that he will not be in a position to charge anybody more than the due amount.
Awaiting an early response,
THANKS.
VIJAY KUMAR KASERA
SENIOR CITIZEN
234 DEEPALI, PITAMPURA, DELHI 34.
9811206163 - MOBILE NO.
Bishnu Panda

May 18, 2015

TOI Coverage

On May 11th 2015, "190 scientists from 39 nations submitted an appeal to the United Nations, UN member states and the World Health Organization (WHO) requesting they adopt more protective exposure guidelines for electromagnetic fields (EMF) and wireless technology in the face of increasing evidence of risk. These exposures are a rapidly growing form of environmental pollution worldwide."

Since the press release on the 11th, the number of internationally-renowned scientists who have put their name to this appeal has risen to 205.

However, what is arguably the health news story of the decade has attracted absolutely no coverage on the TOI, TImes Now, although the news has gone viral on blogs, newswires, and on a few "mainstream" media outlets, such as RT and the Irish Independent.

This despite the fact that we are ALL exposed to the ubiquitous microwave radiation that is emitted by wireless technologies, and we have a fundamental right to be told if there are serious health concerns associated with this.

Your organisation has a public service remit. It is fully in the public interest for there to be coverage of this International EMF Scientist Appeal.

For more information, including the press release and the Appeal itself, please see:
gaurmanoj

Jun 18, 2013

Non Receipt of Subscription coupans

Sub: Non Receipt of TOI newspaper subscription coupans
Sir/Madam,
I have subscciped TOI newspaper by paying the subcription amount in April'13 but still waiting for the coupans and I am not getting any response even after calling many times. Now newspaper vendor is asking for the subscription coupans on daily basis. Appreciate if you can look into the matter and do the needful to get my coupans asap.
Manoj Kumar Gaur
105, Kanchanjunga Towers
Plot 18, Sector 56, Gurgaon (Haryana)
Pin: 122002
Contact : 9717897356
Email: [email protected]
Maham Malik

Jan 23, 2013

content promoting religious intolerance

the TOI allows its users to post comments for articles they publish on their website.
however, they deliberate do not edit, block or remove the comments which incite
religious intolerance. it angers the readers against a certain faith and hurts the sentiments of the
followers of the faith. TOI does this to add spice to its pages, this at the cost of communal
violence. I believe this style, of not editing the comments, develops religious intolerance amongst the
people and makes the other class feel hated and unwanted.
Do something before its just too late. TOI is an irresponsible newspaper.
Yogesh Jangra Send email

Aug 28, 2012

non-delivery of complete newspaper

we have been getting The Times of India newspaper in gurgaon . but last 25 day i have not receive the newspaper. Pls follow the vend er he is not properly supply the newspaper . i am daily read the newspaper but last some day i am facing the proplem

My address is
A-27, Ashok vihar -II
Near shahed bhagat singh chowk,
gurgaon (Haryana) 122001

Mo. 9899667278
Tulika Mamgain Send email

Jan 16, 2012

Newspaper Vendor

Hey,

I agree with you, infact my family faced the same challenge as you did .People here never check their bills, when my brother (CA) asked him why have they added extra amount on top of the actual monthly amount they said its the tax to pay comission to the guys who delivers newspaper .My brother advised him to get the printed bill mentioning that or ask his supervisor or manger to call and let him know about the charges .The vendor guy shouted and was extremley rude told my brother either pay or newpaper will not be delivered from now on .My brother denied to make payment till he gets the printed bill explaining the charges or ask his superiors to explain the same.
Vendor guy who comes to collect are extremely rude and acts like gooonssss.I want some action to be taken against them .