TNEB

Consumer complaints and reviews about TNEB

Sanjay.niram

Aug 4, 2019

Money not refunded

I tried to pay my TNEB bill through my UPI app and the transaction got failed. The amount is debited from my account and it is not refunded yet. The transaction was made on 4th April 2019. And today also I encountered the same problem.
f_isdn

Aug 3, 2019

From our rent out house in Nolambur Chennai-37, tenant left in Jun-18.

Now locked, no one living. I'm getting huge EB bill for more than a year & thought it was a meter problem and complained to Nolambur SS, and they confirmed the meter is OK.

So it seems that some one responsible for recording the meter reading in TNEB forged reading, for many years

Many times complained in person and online. Even they come and checked locked house. But there is no action from their side. For All our online complaint we get only reply meter will inspect and report. They don't need to check the meter again and again, they have esquire inside TNEB

For locked home, EB service No 094370101781, getting Electric Bill for more than one year & No Action from the Nolambur SS For locked home, EB service No 094370101781, getting Electric Bill for more than one year & No Action from the Nolambur SS

Sureshvairavan

Jul 26, 2019

Power cut

As I informed to you i am staying in Ayyapakkam, Ambatur, Chennai-77. Now a days lot of time power cut happened. No one can response to EB ****ck office. Middle night also same problem 2 days r 3days once I will happened.Right now 8pm to still power cut.

What they are Doing ......?
Madhavan vignesh

Jun 12, 2019

Power fluctuation

Prithivipakkam Area in Ambattur experiencing severe power fluctuation frequently now a days.Todays situation is very worst. fans are not running / running in feeble speed. This disturbs our sleep and even very concern about our electrical appliances in our house.
Please help to resolve this.
Indiano

Jun 12, 2019

Frequent Bursting of transformers

Frequent bursting of transformers...No current for the whole night continuously for a week...How people will sleep if it bursts often and we have to go and beg the people in tneb to come and check...Change the transformer and provide proper current supply.
Sri chzellian

Jun 11, 2019

Power cut

We are facing power off regularly at vadapalani Chennai
There is no proper response from eb
They didn't attending the calls
Mostly the power cut happens at night time
antonanya

May 9, 2019

Power fluctuations

Madipakkam kubera nagar extn 2nd street power fluctuations are very high not able to switch on AC ,washing machine,lights.Please do the need ful
Kannan Pandian

Apr 9, 2019

EB STAFF

Consumer No : 01-045-027-367 , 01-045-027-45
01-045-027-547

In above consumer nos am using the services in my area EB office for the past 3 months still now they have not responding for the credit card payment issue... Still they saying machine is not working and moreover none of the person is not respond.. This month i have paid through Gpay 3 days before due date but due to your server failure payment has been revised and there is no notification from my bank end how can I take responsibility..But u r guys came for removing the carrier and there is no intimation also to me am sitting in the home there is no basic manners also and u r AE is replying for that they are doing their job ok i understood but intimation is needed there right.i need a solution for this and now I have paid with fine amount and that fine amount is too high when I compared with my commercial current usage when I asked that there is no clarity from u r guys
Lalith Kumar

Mar 20, 2019

Power failure

The road laying workers have damaged the electricity cables and we don't have electricity from yesterday night 10p.m. we have called the helpline number several times but no has been taken. They asked us to hire an electrician on our own and repair it by ourselves. Please look into it and do the needful.

Address : 19/20 pachaiappan street, jafferkhanpet, Chennai - 600083

No. 9940680597, 9790236245
01073001971

Mar 5, 2019

tneb.in shows average shortfall of rs.255

Dear sir/madam,

My service no: 01073001971, consumer name: V. LAKSHMINARAYANAN

My current consumption charge is Rs.290. I have been charged for average shortfall rs.255 on my bill. I request you to please reverse the average shortfall amount of 255. I have made my last month payment and do not have any over dues from past. I have attached the screenshots for your reference and necessary actions.

Thanks and regards

B.Saidulu
Tenant

tneb.in shows average shortfall of rs.255 tneb.in shows average shortfall of rs.255 tneb.in shows average shortfall of rs.255

cskandhan

Dec 29, 2018

Cable damage

There is no power in my house at Dhanam nagar. Mugalivakkam .Chennai. Consumer number is 09301013856.Address 1/54, Dhanam Nagar Mugalivakkam.Chennai .600125.I have complained also.May be the road digging person has damaged cable. I am not sure. Pl help in restoring power.
DIWAKARLUKE

Nov 8, 2018

TRANSFORMER BURSTING EVERYDAY AND DAMAGING ALL ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES

TRANSFORMER BURSTING EVERYDAY AND DAMAGING ALL ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES:

NAME: MRS. MANGALAM KARUNAKARAN
ADDRESS: 8/18, BISHOP WALLERS AVENUE EAST, MYLAPORE, CHENNAI-600004.
PHONE: 044-24992959 / 9176896600
COMPLAINT: TRANSFORMER IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE BURSTING EVERYDAY AND DAMAGING ALL ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES. PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP!!
lalithkumar h

Nov 2, 2018

NAME CORRECTION

SIR

sir my name in electricity bill is not correct
my correct name is LALITH KUMAR

my account no is 144-012-490,450,491,492

please do the needful
harinibarath

Oct 24, 2018

Electrical Pole at severe damaged condition

We are residing at Plot no.8,Bharathi Street, Gangai Nagar, Kallikuppam, and Chennai-600053 which is located in ward No.082 at Zone 07.
Please find below the photos of Tamilnadu Electricity Board (TNEB) electrical post at damaged condition.
This electrical post is around 30 years old and condition of the electrical post is very pathetic and it can fall at any time.
We have complained the same to concern Zone representatives of TNEB (Ambattur)but no action has been taken as of now.
People living in this street are very much scared and it can create a fatal incident any time.
We request you to kindly take immediate action to replace the damaged electrical post .
LaxmiMurali

Oct 11, 2018

Excessive billing

I am residing in 23/2 new 7/2 Vaigai Colony, Ashok Nagar 12th Avenue, Chennai 600083. My Electricity consumer number is 09237019209. I used to pay an electricity bill of Rs.200 to 400 every month till recently. But in the last three bimonthly billing cycle I received bills for Rs.800, Rs.2374 and Rs.10690. I gave a written complaint to concerned Electricity Board official and asked for acknowledgement. But they refused. However, they said that since the amount involved for waiver of excess charges is beyond their powers they promissed to take up with their higher officials. However, today the department officials came to my residence and demanded payment or else they would disconnect electricity supply. But we refused to pay and they have gone. Few days back I gave a on line complaint also to the Electricity department which they promptly closed as resolved within two days. Now I have no other option than to raise the matter in public forum.

Murali

Excessive billing Excessive billing

Hariharan1998

Jul 28, 2018

Severe Voltage Fluctuations

Severe Voltage Fluctuations occuring in Athreyapuram Main Road Choolaimedu Chennai-600094. This problem started on 28th July 2018(during night). People are unable to sleep properly because of this major hindrance. I request you to fix this problem as soon as possible.
Deepak vulchi

Jul 24, 2018

Non payment of bill

Consumer no 01/079/005/680 has not paid electric bill for the last 4 months.kindly look into this and disconnect the supply immediately
carousel

Jul 12, 2018

Cables in dangerous condition

Power cables carelessly fixed endangering road users on Association road, Madhavaram, Chennai 600060.

Cables in dangerous condition

mayur0048

Jul 11, 2018

Huge and longer power Cut

There is no power in Vijayshanthi lotus pond apartment,Thaiyur from 10th of july 2018, 9:45 AM to till now i am writing complain as on 11th of July 2018, 4:30 PM.
As we trying to call in TNEB Kelambakkam, nobody is responding call, and landline number is always busy.
Only one time my line get connected on mobile, and no proper response given by them.

I am wondering that seriously this Peoples are living in 21st century?
More than 36hrs power cut could be a shameful event for TNEB.

Worst Experience ever had.

I kindly request you to take necessary actions regarding the same.
Adhish20

Jun 1, 2018

Power cut

Uninformed power cut in Ponniamman Kovil Shollinganallur. There is no current from 12.30 am to 4.45am( till now). i called EB office they are casually saying that current will come at 10.00am only. How can the people sleep and that too in this hot climate? This is very irritating. They are not even say a reason for the power shutdown. To whom we can ask?
Venkatesh Kumar

May 20, 2018

Tamil Nadu Electricity Board [TNEB] ā€” transaction failed but my money got credited from my bank account

I paid my bill on 20.5.2018 through tneb portal https://www.tnebnet.org/.

Transaction got failed but money was credited from my bank account
sreekant2012

Apr 16, 2018

Owner not giving EB and charging 7 rs/Unit.That is high for domestic usage.

I thought that cost of living in Chennai is better than other places. But have a bitter experience with my owner. They do not share the EB and asks me to pay 7rs/Unit (Which is for industrial purpose and not for Domestic purpose). We have the EB calculators directly on TNEB website they still demand for 7rs/unit. Why is this looting entertained in Chennai?

I tried several ways to complain on this but i do not have the proper channel to plugin this issue. Request you guys to help me in this regards. Is their any way we can fix this. Is their any person from the EB department who can fix this for me by lodging a complaint.So, that this mass looting by few owners in Chennai can be penalized for not following the government rules.

Please help me. People like me leave the families at our home locations and relocate to different places thinking of have some savings for our kids.But these selfish owners are taking away our savings amount for free of cost. Unable to bare this.

Please looking for a ray of help.

Sri
lakshmananswamy

Apr 13, 2018

Payment debited but transaction failed

I paid my EB bill of Rs.926 on March 31st, 2018 through HDFC net banking. Amount was debited from my account but the transaction failed. I even tried second time but the same thing happened. I checked with my bank regarding this and they confirmed that the amount was debited successfully from account to merchant. So please refund my amount of Rs.1852 (926*2). Reference numbers of transaction are mentioned below.

1. Ref. No. ############
2. Ref. No. ############

Lakshmanan Swaminathan,

Payment debited but transaction failed

T.K.Dhivakaran

Mar 21, 2018

electrical concrete post broken to be replace

At NERKUNDRAM ROAD, CHINMAYA NAGAR, ELECTRICAL CURRENT POST BROKEN ANY TIME IT WILL FOLLEN REQUEST TO REPLACE, THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS CONDITION ANY LOSS TO THE PUBLIC THE TNEB OFFICIALS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS PLEASE TO RE PLACE THIS POST AT NERKUNDRAM ROAD, CHINMAYA NAGAR CHENNAI 600092
T.K.Dhivakaran

Mar 21, 2018

electrical concrete post broken to be replace

Electrical concrete curent post broken at Nerkundram Road chinmaya nagar, chennai-600092. near to TVS show room ,any time it will be follen, the safety cross support wire has also broken, It is very busy traffic and residential place, publics are frequently walking
on this road, school children are passing this way and also this current post is middle of the road, cement post is seems to be very dangerous broken condition, immediate action must be taken to re place this current post. If any loss of the public the TNEB officials are responsible for the loss. This is most urgent please inspect and to take urgent action.

HDFC Bank - CHARGES & ACCOUNT CLOSURE
    Dear Sir, This Is Prabhu From Chennai.I want to...
    UP BOARD Allahabad - Marksheet lost
    MY LOST HIGH SCHOOL MARKSHEET I lost my10th orignel...
    Hostitsmart.com - Very Bad Customer Service Hostitsmart.com Ripp Off
    Host IT Smart / Hosting World ā€” Web Hosting VERY BAD...
    BBMP/Dog Catching Squad - Aggressive Stray Dogs Biting others
    Hi, A group of 3-4 dogs from neighboring lanes come and...
    CSAB - Fee refund
    Respected sir please make the fee refund procedure fast...
    CSAB - Fee refund
    Sir please make the fee refund procedure fast especially...
    ak - Fake MR FARHAN
    Iā€™m Abhishek Ik again posting this I talked w h MR...
    DELHI SUBORDINATE SERVICE SELECTION BOARD - Wrong Graduation Board Name
    Hello Sir My name is Anjali and just on day 23 September...
    fake gigolo agency - FARHAN is FAKE
    I want to say Mr Farhan I will post my registration...