TNEB

Consumer complaints and reviews about TNEB

Hari Prakash

Sep 14, 2017

TNEB- NO ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN FOR MY COMPLAINT

Hello sir/madam,
I am sivaprakasam.my sesidential adress is no:529/5,lake view main road iyyappa nagar madipakkam chennai-91
Today at 4 pm current has been shut down and they gave back it on 7:30pm.only in my home current didnt came.we are calling then for past 4 hours no action has been taken they are telling for an individual we wont do in night time if it for a large people we ill do it.atlast they said they ill come tomorrow morning.in my home my father is a pation just a few weeks ago he got removed his leg for sugar.since we explained everthing to them they are not ready to acecept the complaint
venkusadas

Jun 19, 2017

Online Receipt Not Generated

Dear Sirs

I have made Online Payment on 18th June 2017.

After completing the transaction i got an error message that transaction failed

But the amount paid has been debited from my bank account.

Also the TNEB website is showing the amount as due.

Please reconcile and let me know as soon as possible

Customer Service Number: 243-114-173

Venugopal
Anjanks

Mar 20, 2017

Power cut

There is unshedule power cut in urapakkam, and doing it in night time how we can sleep without power in this hot climate. Kindly look into this matter seriously.
Rajesh sankaran

Mar 3, 2017

EB SUPPLY SINGLE FACE

I am residing No.2 Kundalakesi Street, Srinivasa Nagar, Perungalathur, Chennai 63. Last year during heavy cyclone our single face electrical supply got disconnected. During those days, there was no power supply throught the city for so many days. When they came to clear all the uprooted trees, branches over the electrical power supply lines, they have not rectified the connection, though we have requested them to connect the line. When the last month, the electrical reading staff also notified the same and registered the complaint in his office, but no action has been taken so far. Kindly do the needful.

Rajesh
umabrte2007

Jan 30, 2017

To stop the work of placing a transformer infront of my residence

Im Prabhakar, Manager- Indian bank, residing at 28, kamalambal nagar, Thiruvarur. Service No. ############. Infront of my house a work has been started to place a transformer. I live with my elder parents and little children who always play infront of my house. If you place a transformer there, it would be a difficulty for me in future creating electrical hazards. Moreover my home's entrance has only space of 25 sq. feet. Now we are going to start the work in our upstairs with 2 car parking areas along with two gates. the tenants who are residing and who have paid advance to reside at my upstairs are not willing to come now This is a great mishap to me. Kindly consider this complaint as my request to avoid any accident on electrical leakage. My nights are becoming sleepless due to this work. Kindly help us and take action as soon as possible.
sgautham

Jan 5, 2017

Abnormal meter reading

Sir/Madam,

In the past few days, several of our electrical appliances (AC, fridge, etc.) malfunctioned and were subsequently repaired. The repairmen, all of them, suggested that the electrical supply be checked by the EB. Furthermore, our meter appears to be running abnormally fast. We request the EB authorities to check the electrical supply, wirings and meter at our residence, and fix/replace the faulty ones, at the earliest. Requisite details are as follows.

Address: No. 14, Syndicate Bank Colony, Pallikaranai, Chennai 600100.
Meter number: 312-131-405

No Current for last 2 days in Rajakilpakkam. chennai - 600073
PalanisamyL

Oct 13, 2016

TNEB Online Payment Issues

My TNEB consumer number is 09296005355. I used to pay EB bill online [http://www.tnebnet.org/awp/login]. But recently I see the system doesn't move to next screen when I click "Pay bill" and if I try to click any other link it automatically logs me out. I tried it multiple times over various days/weeks/timings/browsers but same issue persists. Please help.
nith08

Sep 19, 2016

Power Cuts

I am residing at Sithalapakkam since Nov 2015 and there is not even a single day gone without powercuts. Since a week there has been very frequent power cuts especially during the nights. No one is answering our calls when we try to reach them.

Since last week there was power hardly for 4 to 5 hours in a day. There is a number 9841157576 to contact them. But whenever we try to call them the line says busy and we have to call them continuously for atleast 20 times and then they pickup and the answer we get is the power will come in sometime. For the past four days.
Saturday - 3.30 am - 11.30 am, Sunday - 9.30 PM - 12 midnight, Monday - 7.30 AM till 11.30 AM, and 10.30 PM till 1.30 Pm and today (Tuesday) 7.30 - 8.30 the power cut happened.

Whenever we approach the office to find our what's wrong all we get is harsh reactions and answers and the repeated statement - The Power will come in sometime.

We have a kid of 3 months who is having a tough time and not only us, there are more small babies around our place and many IT people in here. The housewives are having very tough time. The Older generation's difficulties need not to be mentioned.

Kindly take an action
Senthilna

Sep 14, 2016

No Proper power provision

I am residing in Casa Grande which is 1 km away from Ponmar Junction. Here no proper power provision. Most of the time no power available. If rain start or drizzling power will be gone for 1 and 2 hours. When I call Mambakkam EB office no one will pick up the call. Unable to stay here with kids. Please consider the public situation and do the needful. And it's 12:45am just drizzling so no power for past 1 hour. Please........ take necessary actions.
Vishnuvardhan1

Sep 2, 2016

Excess billing - Prompt action Required please

I lives in rented house in perungalathur and our EB CONS. NO. ############ (Owner name - Ramesh). My meter reading increased abnormally and my bill amount increased double what we paid earlier. We usually get Rs.8400 in summer as well. But in August bill was charged 3 times higher which is 17011/- .We gave complaint in EB office and one person visited the house and changed the fuse by charging 200 rupees and confirmed there is no problem with meter. If there is no problem with meter then how come the bill gets higher than what usually comes?

Kindly look into this matter urgently and change meter if required also adjust my extra amount paying to EB. The bill due date was 6th September 2016. Kindly do the needful as soon as p.

Best Regards.,
Vishnu behalf of Ramesh
9619663675
Vishnuvardhan1

Sep 2, 2016

Excess billing - Prompt action Required please

Kindly look into this matter urgently and change meter if required also adjust my extra amount paying to EB. The bill due date was 6th September 2016. Kindly do the needful asap.

Best Regards.,
Vishnu behalf of Ramesh
onlyforshiva

Aug 18, 2016

Very low voltage

Madipakkam have very low voltage problem, low voltage is coming and up suddenly heavy due to this we could not able to sleep properly
rajkundan

Aug 12, 2016

Excess billing

I live at Olympia Opaline, Amber Block - 11B1, Navalur - 603103. Opposite AGS Cinemas.

My EB CONS. NO. 09296007530 - consuming more. My meter reading increased abnormally and my bill amount increased double what i was paid earlier. We are not using day time. I am staying in a 1 bed room flat with no AC or Water heater. I usually get Rs.300 to 500 for 2 months. But this I have been charged 3 times higher.

Kindly look into this matter urgently and change meter also adjust my extra amount paying to EB.

Regards.,
Raj G

Excess billing

murugs1968

Jun 29, 2016

bill amount deviation

My EB Bill amount show Rs.200. But system show 1.2Lakhs.Also return complaint given on 7th may at Kovilambakkam EB Office Chennai -129.I went many time and didn't get any proper response. Next cycle bill also come.

My mobile no +919444989681

Mail to : akshayamurugan@gmail.com.

bill amount deviation

karthickd

Jun 1, 2016

low voltage problem

EB no 309: 002
Near James street bakthavachalam avenue poonamallee Chennai 600056

The Voltage is always either Low or fluctuation in this area, Made complaints several times to JE but there is no solution implemented for this. Request you to help and fix the issue asap

karthick
kannan devaraj

May 22, 2016

powercutt

respected sir,
as we are the people of the area of urappakam today(23/5/2016)we suffered from power cutt for 8hrs so please kindly take action for ourwell sleep i hope u take action immediately
pls pls pls
Padmajaya

May 5, 2016

Door lock

AE , Cooks Road ,
My Consumer No. 0114505510
Address: 11/6 Desia Colony ,
Perambur , Chennai ,600 012
When Assessor came on 2nd May , premises was locked.
Another Assessor came on the same day & noted down readings in white card.
But in Net I saw reading was updated as in previous month. Amount to be paid Rs1180
As my husband expired on 20th January 2016 now I am staying with my son named Coimbatore.
In 1st floor there is tenant.
For me for March & April have to pay minimum charges which was written by another previous Assessor in white card.
My tenant is out of Chennai now hence he cannot come to office within 3 days.
So, request you to update meter reading as written in white card by previous Assessor.
Thanking you Sir.
From,
D.Padmavathi
veerasekar

Apr 26, 2016

wrong EB bill charges

TNEB HAS FITTED NEW ELECTRONIC METER ON 03-03-2016 TO REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE ONE DUE TO FLOOD. NOW THEY HAVE CHARGED ELECTRIC CHARGES AS Rs 3463-00 STATING THAT THE CONSUMED UNITS WAS 702. THIS IS NOT CORRECT. NEW METER BEARING No;2075320 IS A FAULTY ONE AND THE MISTAKE IN ELECTRIC CHARGES TO BE FOUND OUT AND CORRECTED BY THE ''EB' AT THE EARLIEST'
Adarshpammal

Apr 24, 2016

Unscheduled load shedding

Am writing this with the unscheduled power cut in Pammal area since 11pm (24apr night and now it is 1.05pm and the current hasn't come yet). This seems to be a practice for the past few weeks (except on Tamil new year).. Yesterday it was worse with the cut being about 4 hrs in the night... Incompetent authorities seems to be the reason. The tneb Pammal phone is kept off the hook so that it always gives busy tone.
Am planning to send mail to chairman (not that I expect any help) but thought of submitting a complaint.
Karthick Sekar

Apr 9, 2016

Heavy voltage fluctuation in whole area of karapakkam

Hi Complaint Board,
I am Elumalai residing in Karapakkam. For a three days we are facing random power cuts and heavy voltage fluctuation in our area. In our area more than 50,000 resident facing the same problem in all houses. We contacted the EB office in Karapakkam, but got some name sake response and continue to suffer. People older than 70 and 80 years are suffering heavily in the hot sun without power. Request you to take further action.

Please contact me at any time regarding this complaint on 3/113 veerapandiyakattabomman st, Karapakkam chennai-600097.

Thanks and regards
Elumalai.
kaven

Feb 9, 2016

Door Lock Problem

During meter reading time, we are not in the home. They marked as DOOR LOCK & ask us to pay last month EB bill.

Is there any possible way to update the actual value in the system after we reach to EB office with actual data ?

What happen if the next tneb reading time as well we are not in home ?

Please provide alternative solution for this DOOR LOCK system, inorder to update proper data.
Mishal Musthafa

Feb 2, 2016

EB online payment

I have paid my EB bill using net banking of sbi on 02/02/16. After that transaction was completed, the TANGEDCO site showed error msg: service not completed due to wrong operation. How ever recieved a message from my bank that amount was deducted from my account and TNEB site shows didn't paid EB Bill. Kindly resolve the issue as it is tha last daye of payment.

Transaction details
State Bank Internet banking.
Transaction Ref No IG0BKNRHA6 for Rs.5894 on 02-FEB-16 14:22
Rajesh sankaran

Dec 6, 2015

POWER SUPPLY

We are residing at New Perungalathur, Srinivasanagar, Kundalakesi Street, for the past one week only one face is coming in some of the houses and some of the houses total all the three faces are there. The complaint has been registered in Perungalathur EB offuce, many times, but no action has been taken. Please look into this issue urgently.
annuradha

Nov 30, 2015

Medavakkam AE being inhuman and rude

AS i understand city is facing drastic climate change due to which power cuts have become very common however as we cant get out of house during such times we are bound to work out of home, hence called Medavakkam EB to find out when is the power probability of coming but the guy who answered the phone was rude, abusive and using all kinds of language to a woman, I donno how in tamilnadu thy encourage such unprofessional people. Being a land of woman people ill treat woman so badly.

Aadhaar Enrollment Offciers - Charging Rs.300/- / head
    Sir, Here are few EID but rest I would request you to...
    mahavitran - Bill payment
    I have made an online transaction from the Paytm to...
    ASIANET - Priyamanasam title song
    Please don't dub the title song oo jaana... of...
    Luminous battery - Low back up
    Very bad service from luminous battery service center.I...
    AKTU - exam form issue
    my exam form is not opening.it shows that y aadhaar is not...
    Fake doctors - Fack dental doctor
    I would like to complaint against fack dental doctor in...
    Life OK - why stopped Life OK channel
    I'm like only Chandrakanta serial of Life Ok but...
    Ebay India - received empty box
    Refund I had ordered Sony Xperia M C1904 display but i...
    RTA Hyderabad - transfer of ownership money debit but in my slot my apno...
    Hello Sir, I am one of the bike ownership transfer...
    karepass - last date postpone
    Mtech 2nd round seat selection is on 28th sept, but last...