Log inRegister
Submit Complaint

Tnpds

India,
Tamil Nadu

Consumer complaints and reviews about Tnpds

Jayaprakashr
 
May 12, 2021

Request to remove family member

Hi,

I have raised request to remove my name in my family ration card in online. I have submitted marriage proof and gas bill connection copy under my name in Chennai location. Two times my request has been rejected with reason of "Joint family , submit house tax copy, gas bill and EB bill in petitioner name"

Still I didn't understand what they are expecting from me to submit to get my name removed from my family ration card. I have submitted my marriage proof and gas bill copy but still rejected with same reason.

Please let me know the exact reason for rejection and also want to know if any other documents required from my end.

Registered mobile number to track the request : 9792698673

Thanks
Jaya Prakash
Jayaprakashr
 
May 12, 2021

Request to remove family member

Hi,

I have raised request to remove my name in my family ration card in online. I have submitted marriage proof and gas bill connection copy under my name in Chennai location. Two times my request has been rejected with reason of "Joint family , submit house tax copy, gas bill and EB bill in petitioner name"

Still I didn't understand what they are expecting from me to submit to get my name removed from my family ration card. I have submitted my marriage proof and gas bill copy but still rejected with same reason.

Please let me know the exact reason for rejection and also want to know if any other documents required from my end.

Register mobile number to track the request : 9791698673

Thanks
Jaya Prakash
Jayaprakashr
 
May 12, 2021

Request to remove family member

Hi,

I have raised request to remove my name in my family ration card in online. I have submitted marriage proof and gas bill connection copy under my name in Chennai location. Two times my request has been rejected with reason of "Joint family , submit house tax copy, gas bill and EB bill in petitioner name"

Still I didn't understand what they are expecting from me to submit to get my name removed from my family ration card. I have submitted my marriage proof and gas bill copy but still rejected with same reason.

Please let me know the exact reason for rejection and also want to know if any other documents required from my end.

Thanks
Jaya Prakash
Arulprakash Subramaniam
 
Apr 30, 2021

Shortage of sales shop and faulty machines in service

Hello Sir,
This is a complaint from Sengunthapuram area belongs to Jayankondam Municipality.(Ariyalur District)
We have only one shop and is not fully functional.
There is a faulty machine which is of poor service.
People are annoying like anything to get their things from the shop.
People are waiting a day without getting things and asked to come for the next day.
Kindly look into it and do the needful

Thanks,
Arul
Velu3535
 
Apr 20, 2021

Requested for remove name from ration card

Hai sir...I have requested for remove name from ration card on 08/04/2021 R.No02210408621545.my wife also requested for remove name on 12/04/2021 R.no 02210412552556.we submit same documents. My wife req is approved. My req is still pending... pls remove my name from ration card... thank you sir...
sheeba89
 
Feb 18, 2021

Name removal pending for so long

Reference number:02210112513512

I have applied on 12th Jan for name removal and status showing as Your request has been verified successfully and Processing for Field Verification.

Kindly expedite and process this at the earliest.

Regards,
Sheeba
sheeba89
 
Feb 18, 2021

Name removal pending for so long

I have applied for name removal on 12th January 2021 and status showing as Your request has been verified successfully and Processing for Field Verification. How long they will take? 30 days crossed but there is no update? Please help us in this regard.

ACK Number: 02210112513512
[email protected]
 
Sep 16, 2020

Cheating on Shop

வணக்கம்,
எங்கள் பகுதியில் நேற்று முதல் இந்த மாதத்தின் உணவு பொருள் வழங்கல் நடைபெற்று வருகிறது. இந்த நிலையில் புழுங்கல் அரிசி இல்லை என்று கூறி விட்டு அனைவருக்கும் பச்சரிசி வழங்கி வருகின்றனர்.அவர்களுக்கு ஆன்லைன் பதிவு செய்யப்பட்ட புழுங்கல் அரிசி வழங்கப்பட்டது என்பது, ஆனால் ஒருவருக்கு கூட புழுங்கல் அரிசி வழங்கவில்லை. மேலும் சிலர் அரிசி வாங்கவே இல்லை அவர்கள் ஆன்லைன் பதிவு கூட அவர்களுக்கு புழுங்கல் அரிசி 10 கிலோ வழங்கப்படுத்து என பதிவு செய்கின்றனர்.
எனவே இந்த முறைகேட்டை தடுக்குமாறு அரசு மற்றும் பொது மக்கள் நலன் கருதி உரிய நடவடிக்கை எடுக்க வேண்டுமென கேட்டுக்கொள்கிறேன்.
கடையின் விவரம்:-
கடை எண்:- 01EP014PN
மேட்டுப்பாளையம் கிராமம்,
கண்ணபாளயம் ஊராட்சி,
பூந்தமல்லி தாலுக்கா,
திருவள்ளூர் மாவட்டம்.



நன்றி

இப்படிக்கு,
இ.க.சரவணன்.
Saravanan mosess
 
Aug 5, 2020

குடும்ப உறுப்பினர் பெயர் நீக்குதல் குறித்து

மதிப்பிற்குரிய அய்யா அவர்களுக்கு நாங்கள் ஏழு வருடங்களுக்கு முன்பு காதலித்து ஒரு சிறிய கோவிலில் திருமணம் செய்து கொண்டோம் எனவே எங்கள் திருமணத்தை நாங்கள் அரசுத் தரப்பில் பதிவு செய்யவில்லை. எனவே எங்களிடம் திருமண சான்றிதழ் இல்லை ஆனால் ஆதார் கார்டு, வாக்காளர் அட்டை, எங்கள் பிள்ளையின் பிறந்த சான்றிதழ் உள்ளது .எங்களுக்கு ஆலோசனை தந்து இந்த விஷயத்தில் உதவுமாறு தாழ்மையுடன் கேட்டுக்கொள்கிறோம்.

குறிப்பு எண்: 02200804658794
குறிப்பு எண்: 02200804466529

இப்படிக்கு

சரவணன் அம்மு
kannanae
 
Mar 28, 2020

without issuing wheat ,sms received as issued-reg

on 26-03-2020, only 2 kg sugar and 2kg raw rice alone issued . but sms received in addition 10 kd wheat 1kg tdur dhall vide pos bill 2020032803243511115.
jayendranarumugam
 
Mar 26, 2020

Smart Card Address Updation is pending at New Taulk Verification

I updated my new address via https://www.tnpds.gov.in/ for my smart card. It was pending at New Taulk Verification for long days


REQUEST REFERENCE NUMBER: 02200316856075

Please check and let me know when this can be Process? Without the new Smart card it's been very difficult to get the ration products and for the other address proofs

Thanks!
Jay
fiazm
 
Oct 17, 2019

Errors in address column

Dear Sir,
document verification officer was came with check in my address , but why rejected my smart card ?

Your immediate action required on above subject

Thanks & Regards

mohamed fiaz


கோரிக்கை எண் : 02190930196205


manojpradeep
 
Oct 6, 2019

Delay by Field Verification Document VerificationOfficer

I applied for new smart card on 20th July 2019.

Application Request no: 02190720606475

A person came during first week of August and he told to come to the ration shop. I went to my area ration shop(Neelangarai). He was expecting Rs. 3000 as bribe. I was not ready to pay the amount.Then he told to have the Aadhar card copies , gas bill copies ready and field verification officer would come in two or three days.
The person who spoke is definitely not the field verification officer.

And no one has come for verification till now.

The status still shows as Pending for Field Verification Document Verification Officer : Sholinganallur AC PDS.

One month back I had a online chat in tnpds site where they mentioned that they have 65 working days to process the request.
dnmahajan
 
Sep 14, 2019

STILL NOT RECEIVED SMART CARD AT HOME

KINDLY EXPEDITE TO SEND MY RATION SMART CARD AT HOME , AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
Bhuvaneshwari.V
 
Sep 4, 2019

Delaying of field visit

I applied for the new ration card on July 10th 2019. The status was under field verification. But no one came for verification. I went to the office thrice. There was no proper response.

Application no. :. 02190710499521
Application date: 10.7.2019
Ajmal Nazeer
 
Aug 14, 2019

Still Under Department Verification

Dear Sir/Mam,

I have applied for new ration card on 16-07-2019 11:55 AM. Still there is no processing in it. When I'll get the ration card. How long I have to wait. Please check what issue and what things I need to know, let me know.

Application : New Smart Card
Application No : 20190716479372
Application Date : 16-07-2019 11:55 AM
Dinesh Babu
 
Jul 15, 2019

Unable to update smart card

Respected Madam / Sir,

I am trying to remove my name from my Father's smart card through online tnpds portal.
I have requested 5 times till now with required documents (Marraige cert), but it is rejected showing 'document insufficient rejected by document verification officer, Thousand lights' and no mention about what document is needed.

Please anybody tell me what other document is needed to remove my name from my father's smart card.

My requests via tnpds portal: (2 sample numbers)
ref no: 02190605374456
ref no: 02190506812823

Website clearly says any one of below document required, but my request is always getting rejected,

"""
Supporting Documents
Death Certificate(இறப்பு சான்றிதழ்)
Marriage Certificate (திருமண சான்றிதழ்)
Adoption Certificate (தத்தெடுப்பு சான்றிதழ்)
Others Certificate (இதர சான்றிதழ்)
Note: Any one document required
"""

Thanks and regards,
Dinesh
renukadevi r
 
May 23, 2019

KEROSENE DEPOT NOT ISSUING KEROSENE SINCE 11/2018

SIR
I AM A SMART CARD OWNER IN CHENNAI TAMILNADU, MY SMART CARD NO. IS ############ IN MY NAME MRS. RENUKA DEVI.
THE TNPDS AT REGN. NO. 1806 MA020 A KEROSENE DEPOT AT SACHITHANANDAM STREET, KOSAPET HAS NOT ISSUED KEROSENE TO MY CARD SINCE NOVEMBER 2018. THIS MONTH APRIL 2019 WHEN I VISITED ONE MR. VELUMANI IS SHOUTING CLOSING THE DOOR OF THE PDS SAYING ' NO STOCK' HE DEGRADES THE PUBLIC BY SHOUTING AT THEM ASKING THEM TO LEAVE THE SHOP.

KINDLY HELP ME. IAM A SENIOR CITIZEN 63 YRS OLD AND IAM TURNED DOWN KEROSENE SUPPLY FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS. IAM ELIGIBLE FOR 5 LITRES OF KEROSENE EVERY MONTH.

THANK YOU SIR.
gopalakrishnan13
 
May 14, 2019

Still under துறை சரிபார்ப்பு

Dear Sir/Mam,

I have applied for new ration card on 20 Feb 2019 04:44:09 PM. Still there is no processing in it. When I'll get the ration card. How long I have to wait. Please check what issue and what things I need to know, let me know.


கோரிக்கை : புதிய மின்னணு அட்டை
கோரிக்கை எண் : 09190220128186
விண்ணப்பம் பதிவு செய்யப்பட்ட தேதி : 20 Feb 2019 04:44:09 PM

Thanks
Palavesa muthu
 
Dec 19, 2018

New smart card delay

I have applied for smart ration card on 5.9.2018.
Reference no 02180905896661
Online status shows that your card printing process. Still now I did not received my new card.
How long it will take printing process.
Kindly accept my request


Thanks.
P.P.M.kumaran
Chandini Arul Kumar
 
Sep 24, 2018

Field verification delaying

I have appliled for new smart ration card on 14 sep 2018 and reference no is 02180914494557 it shows Your New Smart Card Application has been Verified Successfully and Processing for Field Verification
Document Verification Officer Name : Anna Nagar AC PDS how long it will take for document verification?
Arul kumar
SivaprakashL
 
Sep 22, 2018

Coraption

Smart card registered amount RS 800
PERUMALSAMY1
 
Sep 20, 2018

UPDATING MOBILE NUMBER

Dear sir/Madam,

past 2weeks before 2times went my taluk office vedasandur for updating my mobile number in my smart card (ration card) but still they are updating and they are not given proper responsible so kindly help me and make any online option to updating all services in smart card...
Balaji7459
 
Aug 18, 2018

NEW SMART CARD

RESPECTED SIR, I Have applied for smart card on march 2018. my smart card status shows it is verified & smart card send your ration shop message also received .But the vendor from where the card needs to be collected says it is not. with her It is close to 5 month from application kindly help us out in this regards my application number is 03180322173734 Thanks & Regards R.BALAJI

NEW SMART CARD

Balaji7459
 
Aug 17, 2018

smart ration card

dear sir, I am receive sms from TNPDS ON 17.07.2018 Go to get your smart ration card from your ration shop .But not receive smart card till today .what can i do ?

Complaint Registration Form

    Information of the Company you are complaining about
    Subject of Complaint
    City (optional)
    Complaint Details
    Attach photos (optional)
    Confirmation code

    Submit

         
     

    User Registration

    Already a Complaint Board member? Log in now.
    Username:
    E-mail address:
    Password:
    Code:
    or connect with Facebook

    User Registration

    A confirmation email was sent to "".
    To confirm your account, please click the link in the message.

    If you don't see the email in your Inbox, please check your Spam box.

    User Login

    Not a member of Complaint Board? Register now.
    E-mail address:
    Password:
    Forgot your password?
    E-mail address:
    Back
    Loading, please wait...
    Your password has been sent to the specified email address. Log in
    or connect with Facebook

    User Facebook Login

    Enter Username